Land of Wings (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layana

Still thinking about what he said, about it being a golem, Layana didn't really take notice of the guard that was right by them a moment later.
A yelp escaped Layana as she was flung into the arms of Victor. Although it wasn't uncomfortable as in painful, it was a bit uncomfortable in the awkward sense to be resting in someone's arms like that.
"What are you doing?" She asked him as he had spoken to the guard and then flew with great speed towards the palace. "You can't just dump me inside of the palace!" Seriously, who did he think he was, just flying off to the palace as if they would be alright with random people coming in for shelter.

Glancing down she saw people without wings trying to get out in a panic and her heart just dropped. "Put me down, please. There's no way that creature is after me." She looked at Victor, hoping to reason with him. "I might not be able to fly well, but I do have magic," albeit a bit funky, "so I can defend myself and those that are in the golem's path that can't fly away. Please." She looked at him with a look that might be all too familiar to him. "I refuse to sit in a safe environment while others are out here possibly getting hurt while I could have lend a hand."

Lena

After having closed some of the distance between herself and the golem, Lena gracefully stepped down onto a rooftop. Her feet barely touched the surface, but it was enough for her to stand steady and not have to rely on her wings entirely. She still used them, stretched out to their fullest length, to keep her balance, but this way she had a calm overview of what was happening.
Standing there she noticed how the golem had taken a turn. It had found its target no doubt.

Following its gaze Lena spotted a female guard together with the very familiar appearance of Victor. There was another person, along with the many winged creatures that were fleeing the scene around them, being held by Victor. What had he done now. From this distance and position it was a little hard to see who he might be holding and what they looked like, but that didn't keep Lena from raising her brow at the sight. She'd inquire about it later, for now, there was a different, more pressing matter. The kind that let out another rumbling roar. Subtlety definitely didn't belong to the golems.

She could only pray at this point that Victor wasn't the target. It would be rather devastating if he would be targeted again, like he had been long ago.
Behind her Lena heard someone call up anyone to battle and think up a strategy, so she turned to look behind her and spotted the dragon of earlier, along with a few others up in the air heading towards the creature instead of away. A smile crept up on Lena's face. It was good to see that there were those that chose to fight, not because it was their duty, but because they had the desire to do so.
However as she briefly glanced around she still couldn't find Azra. She let out a heavy sigh. Thinking up a workable battle plan was more Azra's thing than her own, but she had to come up with something. Lena glanced back at the golem, and then to the few that were coming to face off against it. With a strong push of her wings, Lena took to the sky again and met up with the others.

"These creatures are incredibly hard to defeat. It takes a lot of time to break them down rock by rock, and every rock has to be separated in order for it to stop." She glanced around at the small group that had gathered so far.
"There is however a shortcut. We can dispel the spell that was used to create it. Anyone that has a firm grasp on magic, please accompany me to perform it. This will leave us vulnerable though as it takes time to undo it, so anyone with active powers that can be used to distract, damage, or slow down the golem, please do anything you can to attack it and break rocks away from it."
It wasn't a perfect plan, but it was something.

Last edited:
It was obvious that Drake was not the only one who had taken notice of the golem, for before long a group of winged beings gathered around the proximity of the golum. One of these was a winged female who seemed to have taken the chance to take charge, speaking to the group. Starting up his mechanical wings, he took off to where the others were, hearing the female talk about how to undo the spell that was used to dispel it, asking those who could, do whatever it took to slow down the stone creature.

With a smile he chimed in, "I may not have any magic, but if you need a distraction, I am your guy. You get to work on that counter spell and I'll keep our big guest here busy"

With a rumble from his wings, he took off once more to the golum, pulling out the pistol he had on him and loading in a peculiar looking set of rounds. Aiming at the knees of the golum, he fired the rounds, resembling little metal spikes, embedding themselves into the stone, not seeming to do much until the metal spikes expanded outward, pushing the stone outward and cracking it, causing it to crumble. It was enough to cause the golum to stumble, giving Drake enough of a distraction to rev his steam wings hard enough that a jet of steam came out of it, creating a small cloud around the creature in an attempt to disorient it.

Victor chuckled as Layana yelped in surprise when he flung her into his arms. As they flew the girl looked down to see the struggling citizens of his country running for their lives and she proceeded to beg him to put her down so that she could help. Victor was about to promptly tell the girl no until he looked down at her and saw that face. Victors's face once again scrunched up into disorientation,for a split second he could've sworn he was looking at Queen Lena. Seeing her face Victor had no choice but to honor her request. [BCOLOR=#000000]"Fine,but I'm coming with you and if it get's too dangerous you're headed straight to the palace." Victor said with finality. Victor began to descend into the crowd of fleeing citizens,he let Layana go "Stay close to me,I don't know why but I feel this overwhelming need to keep you safe. Now we should probably get to evacuating the citizens" Victor shot into the sky and yelled. "All citizens,please head to the palace the queens barrier will protect you!" Victor watched as the citizens began to run into the direction of the palace for protection under the Queen's barrier. Out of the corner of his eye he cold see the Queen in the sky leading a misfit band of fighters. Quickly he sent her a light message "I'm glad to see that you are alive and well my queen,however I do believe that I or the girl that is with me is the Golem's target. So if you could come up with a spell or something do destroy it that'd be great" Victor blew onto the message and watched as it flew towards the queen,he then turned his attention back to the citizen's while keeping a close eye on Layana[/BCOLOR]

Izana smiled at the Queen, Before he flew for her. Hovering in the air, He bows. "Your Majesty, I am ready to serve in any way possible. I have a little grounds in magic but I am far more skilled In the uses of fire and wind. I will take Whichever task you require of me gracefully. Saraad will be on his way with chemicals to dissolve stone shortly as well. " The Sapphire dragon bowed to her again while flying, more than happy to assist his queen in this time. Not expecting anything in return, The reptile seems to go against most of the stereotypes for his kind at all times. "What shall I do to serve you, Your Majesty?" He bows his head again, Hoping there is something he can do to help.

Bellerose flew up to the queen a bit and bowed respectfully to the angel. She may be a bit of a wild one and only looking for money but she did show respect to those who were worthy of it, and Queen Lena was worthy of respect. "Your majesty, I may now know anything about magic but I am well equipped to help distract the creature. If you would permit it." She states, keeping her head bowed as she waited for the Queen to acknowledge her.

Aust had finally finished his drink he looked around the bar to see he was the only one left, "Hmmf, how odd they left a thief alone in the bar," he said out loud to himself. He rose to his feet and went over to the counter looking behind it for the money box and nicely enough he found the heavy locked box. Lifting it to the bar he began to pick away at the lock slowly working away until with a little ping of metal the boxed opened easily showing the money inside. Taking a few hand fulls and putting them in his bag he placed the box back and left to see how many people were about still. Looking out everyone seemed to be running for the palace, oooh never got past the guards before I wonder what I could steal in there, he day dreamed for a moment before looking around to a secluded place where he could steal himself some money or items of value.

Aust quickly spotted a house a bit up the streets so he tried to blend in with the crowd until he got to the open door sliding in easily. He began to check if anyone was inside, for the moment it seemed empty for the time so he began to look around the place carefully before finding a few items of interest. As quickly as he came he left heading this time for the castel.

Deneas groaned as the moron flew towards the castle without really paying attention to her. Royals were predictable idiots. If he got himself killed, it wasn't her damn problem. At least she had made an attempt - even if it wasn't a strong attempt. He could take care of himself.

Besides, the Queen herself had made an appearance and was calling for help. Of all the royals, the Queen was the only one she had any respect for. After all, the Queen had loved a demon. That wasn't something most people could even consider; loving a demon. The Queen seemed more open minded and respectful than any of the pompous, spoiled brats in the Capitol.

As much as Deneas wanted to help, she wasn't in any position to. The inhibitor she wore took away all of her magic and all of her powers. She was pretty much useless. Unless the Queen would be willing to take the inhibitor off... It was worth a shot.

Deneas waited behind everyone else who was approaching the Queen, not really wanting any of them to know about her special anklet and situation.

[fieldbox="Nyka, #D0A9F5"]
The Royal Guardswoman had let go of Richtor's arm and commanded him to turn himself in by the next evening before flying off towards the giant rumbling. Both the air elementals looked at Azra who nodded before taking flight herself, leaving the pair alone in the middle of the marketplace.

"Go, Nyka," said the larger elemental to his daughter. "Return to the temple and find your mother." His tone left no room for argument, and before Nyka could retort her father launched himself into the air. Richtor twisted himself into a mini-tornado spiral and the air seemed once more drawn towards him as he flew quickly towards the source of the rumbling.

Nyka watched her father fly away from the ground where she had been standing, now alone and confused by what was happening around her. Panic had started to spread through the market, and creatures of all different sorts flew this way and that. Most of them were attempting to flee, and that seemed like the right course of action for her as well, especially given her father's orders. After all, what could she possibly do against something that could make such a noise?

It was then that Nyka's curiosity got the better of her. Forgetting her momentary fear at the rumbling land beneath her feet, she took off in a spiral of her own, ascending quickly until she was well above the Capital. From there she easily spotted the giant rock creature that was heading towards the city. "Where has it come from?" she wondered to herself as she watched a strange creature with mechanical wings buzzing around its head. Her eyes darted this way and that, looking around for any potential creature that might have summoned or created the rock creature, but nothing else seemed too out of place to her young eyes.
[/fieldbox]

Having caught his breath enough in the Blacksmith's shop, Saraad flew to where the golem was, seeing several other people as well as Izana hovering around its stone form. Several red orbs were hovering and flitting around the golem, acting as eyes for the behemoth. Doing his best to keep himself aloft, Saraad flew over to Izana and the queen.
"I got quite a few solutions that will serve us well," he said, taking out a vial and shaking it slightly. "...As well as a backup one just in case." He looked down at a fiery red bottle that seemed to glow with an inner light, constantly swirling. It was something he kept with him at all times, though he wouldn't dare use it unless absolutely necessary. It had never been tested.

"I'll go and disable the golem's legs, it should at least slow its movement," he suggested to the queen, taking out a small bottle of clear liquid. He flew down to the Golem's legs, avoiding the red orbs zooming around. Shaking the container vigorously, Saraad threw the bottle at the golem's knee joint with incredible precision. The bottle shattered against the rock, contents spilling everywhere. There was a burst of steam as the acid began its work, fizzing and popping as the rock crumbled and wore away, the golem's legs creaking under the new pressure from the incapacitated knee. He quickly flew over to the other leg and tossed the second vial at the knee. It didn't quite hit its mark, but still a gout of vapor rose up from the stone, and the familiar hissing began. He flew back up, out of harm's way, back to Izana.

"I hope I didn't cause any problems, but it shouldn't be moving for much longer," he said, glancing back down at the golem.

Reactions: FireDrake150

Layana

Thankful to have her feet on the ground and be able to help the people around her, Layana made haste to rush towards the first poor soul that needed assistance. A child had fallen and was down on the ground while the others just completely passed it by. Where its mother was she wasn't sure of, but Layana crouched down and helped it up to its feet.
"Can you walk?" She asked. When the child nodded its head, it quickly ran off towards the direction of where Layana assumed the mother might be.

Chaos, that's what this was. Even with all the people that flew away, there were plenty that just kind of stuck around and didn't do a thing. Sure, there was no guarantee that that creature would even come this far, but who in their right mind would even risk that?
Hearing Victor's words to the rest of the people, Layana turned to him. "Are you sure that's a good idea? I'm not sure if the queen would take kindly to any thief that takes advantage of that situation?" Of course she wanted to believe in the goodness of the people, but there was no guarantee that with all the people they'd protect, there wouldn't be a single person that would want to take advantage of the place.
For now that wasn't really a discussion that they could calmly discuss. First, saving these people. Wasn't really her problem if anything happened to the palace anyway.
"Please, calm down. The golem won't come all this way. But just to be safe, calmly follow this man's instructions." She called out. Although some did sort of calm down, it wasn't completely effective. Panic mode. Difficult to break that.

Lena

The help that was offered was more than welcome. Anyone that could create any kind of diversion would be able to give her some extra time to dispel it.
"Thank you for your assistance." She stated to those that had offered and then flew out to take down the creature.
Flying slightly behind the rest Lena spotted the familiar colors of her royal guard. It wasn't Azra's armor, but she was glad to see a trained individual.
"Guard, will you be able to help? Be it to undo the spell or to slow the monster down." Or to get anyone below them to safety. She didn't say that out loud, as she kind of needed most of the hands up here against the creature if she was honest. By looking down to the people however, she did spot a particular kind of anklet on the demoness. Ah... That made things a little more difficult.
With what appeared to be a simple snap of her fingers, the anklet let loose. "I don't know why you were wearing that. But if you are of assistance here, perhaps I can look into removing it permanently." She couldn't promise it completely, just that she would look into it. For now, it was time to focus on the golem.

Targeting the knees of the creature was a smart enough move. It would slow it down for a little while, but not for long. As long as there even was a part of it still complete, it could slowly remake itself. Stones would shift and reposition themselves to make sure that it would still be able to complete its mission. It would take a few minutes, which was perfect.
"Keep up the good work, hopefully soon we will have gotten rid of it. Whatever you do, try to push it back out of the city as much as you can." She said to those that had done some work so far. It was now time for her as well to fly out and undo the spell.

Before she could do so however, she received another message of Victor. She quickly read it and frowned. Indeed the monster had turned its focus back to the direction of the palace. The likelihood of that meaning that Victor or that girl being the target increased with that notion.
But that also meant that it was going to go straight through the city. Even with all the slowing down that these fighters would do, it meant that many more buildings would be destroyed.
Quick Lena sent a message back. "If you are indeed the target, which I fear you are, then come over here and out of the city so it will hopefully follow you. I have taught you the spell to undo such creatures, and I could dearly use your help. Now." It was a simple suggestion, but an urgent one at least. Most here were equip to battle it with force, and for now she could use a pair of hands to perform the spell.
Not having the time to wait for a reply, Lena went out and started to work her magic.

Izana listened to the bunch as they strategized, and made their plans of attack. as the queen had made no direct requests or orders to the sapphire reptile, he motions to follow Lena, covering her from any attacks, using flames and his own body to attempt to keep her safe enough to finish casting the spell. "Come here you gigantic, overgrown boulder!!! Unless you're scared!" A boulder, scared of a group of flying militia, quite an interesting concept in it's own right, but that's not important at the time.

Glancing to Saraad, he flies over for a moment, checking on his first friend for a long time. "Sir, is there anything I can help you with? I'm afraid if I use my fire recklessly, I'll only turn it into a flaming rock golem, which would be even worse for everyone involved...." he chuckles a little nervously, trying his darnest to lighten to mood, as hard as it may be.

Glancing about the area, Izana looks to Lena again. "Your Majesty, with your permission I'll start evacuating those in the nearby vicinity. After all, buildings can be rebuilt, Lives can't be...." As he said this, he predicted his queens response, swooping downwards towards the city. in this instance, his practice as a merchant, carrying bags and saddles full of merchandise would be well suited to carrying innocent civilians to safety. If theres anything he is good at, it would be protecting others by putting his own hide at risk.

Victor couldn't help but chuckle at Layana's innocence. "Don't worry,the queen isn't worried about any thieves, as long as her citizen's are safe then she's happy" As the duo continued to evacuate the denizens of the city in the sky Victor received a reply to the earlier message he sent to the queen. HE quickly read it and sighed,he really didn't want to leave Layana by herself but it was the Queen's request so he had to honor it;After all only a select few knew how to cast the spell that the queen was thinking of. Artemis looked down and shouted at Layana. "I'm off to help the Queen,please stay safe" he said a bit worried as he shot into the sky and sped off to the outskirts of the city. Once outside of the city's limits he turned and began chanting the spell along with the queen

"I will confess, my magic is not the greatest," Deneas admitted a bit reluctantly to the Queen. Her magic hadn't been great even before she'd had it taken from her. Now that she was at least a couple decades out of practice, she imagined it wasn't much better. "Wherever you need me, Your Highness, I will help as much as I can."

And then the Queen did something Deneas was not at all expecting. The Queen took her inhibitor off. Deneas's eyes widened slightly as she felt her power flood back into her body. It had been so long she'd forgotten what it had felt like to be at full capacity. She'd always feared it would be overwhelming, but it wasn't. It was the best thing she'd felt in a very, very long time.

"Thank you, Your Highness," she said. For the first time in a long time, a real smile came to Deneas's face. "And good luck."

With that done, she flew towards the golem - oh how she had missed this kind of speed. It still seemed to have its sight set on the royal family and was still a threat to the city.

"Hey!" she yelled as she flew in front of the golem's face. From her hands she summoned a war axe that was nearly as tall as her. Making sure she got the monster's attention, she swiped up as hard as she could, slicing off a chunk of the golem's nose. Even if all she had done was annoy the monster, that was fine. She just needed it to chase after her once she started flying. If she could just keep it distracted and away from civilians.

Status
Not open for further replies.