Land of Wings (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Victor listened to the Layana speak,he nodded thoughtfully as she explained that her parents told her she was simply a normal angel. He was about to reply telling her that she was definitely a hybrid. When suddenly he heard a loud rumbling coming from a distance,distinctly he could hear rocks crumbling....it almost sounded like they were forming making something.

Victor looked at Layana when she asked if the noise was something common in the Land. With a grim expression on his face he said. "Not that one. Quickly you must get out of hear go fly!" Victors body began glowing right in front of Layana's eyes. His hair grew,his eyes became a lighter color and pure white feathery wings sprouted from his back,his clothes replaced by a toga and angel tattoos crawled across his skin. This was known as Victors divine mode. He turned to Layana with a kind smile. "Sorry to spring this on you,but you should really go like right now" he said as he grabbed her hand spread his wings and shot out of the tavern. While in the air he sent another message to the queen. "My Queen,I think our country is in trouble. Please make your way back to the place as it is the safer place" Victor blew on the message and went in search of someone from the royal guard namely Azra

Last edited by a moderator:
Saraad shook his head and chuckled again at the dragon's uncertainty.
"No, no, I have extra space, enough to start my own inn if I wanted to!" he exclaimed, laughing.

The dragon, Izana, eventually accepted, and Saraad nodded. It would not be hard to find empty space, the only question would be feeding a creature of his size. Saraad was not pressed for money, but trips to the market would mean bags would be heavier.

Saraad was awakened from his thoughts, with a curious Izana inquiring about a commotion outside. Saraad peered out the window, looking at an argument between a sprite and a couple of angels, with plenty of bystanders looking on. Saraad shrugged.
"Probably just a thief, good thing someone caught them," he said, rubbing his hands together.

Suddenly, a rumble shook the town, swords and windows rattling. Saraad looked outside for the source of the rumbling, but the town was just as it had been.
"Definitely not an earthquake, only the Dark World Below can have those..." Saraad muttered to himself.

"If we're going to be having mysterious rumblings, it may be wise to get out of the town sooner rather than later" he said to Izana, anxiously fidgeting with his pocket watch.

• Love
Reactions: FireDrake150
Deneas

Deneas frowned as the rumbling began. She glanced around, looking for some source until she realized the sound was coming from the direction of the Capitol. It was both a relief and a pain. Why did it seem like everything had to happen today? Of all days? Why couldn't she have had an easy day of patrols to just explore? However, the threat to the Capitol meant she had more important duties than this odd theft.

She turned to the man in her grip and said, "If you do not turn yourself in by nightfall tomorrow I will find you and bring you in myself. This is not a pass. The Queen's Justice will still be served." Well, it would if Deneas felt like doing it. She might not. Who knows.

For now, she had bigger issues. She released the thief then took off into the air. It had been so long since she had fully spread her wings and taken flight. While she did struggle just a bit at first, muscle memory kicked in and she was soon hovering effortlessly above the ground. A quick survey told her that something was most definitely wrong at the Capitol. As the Royal Guard, her job was to protect the people of the Capitol.

Without a backwards glance at the thief and his daughter - somebody else could deal with them - Deneas flew off towards the Capitol. She was going against the current of people rushing away from the possible danger, so her progress was hindered but she managed to find a clear airspace.

Keahi

Since his shop was farther away, Keahi took a bit longer to notice the rumbling. He glanced about the shop, at first thinking somebody had bumped into some armor and that was the cause of the noise, but it wasn't.

"Are we having a thunderstorm?" he asked to nobody in particular. It had looked cloudy when he had been outside just a few minutes ago. Still, he went outside to check.

A quick glance at the sky revealed not clouds, but masses of people flying away. Definitely not a thunderstorm. So what was going on?

Reactions: Darkagn
Izana smiled at the mention of extra space, and smiled wider at the thought of having somewhere to be accepted once again. "Alright, Sir. If you say so, I won't question it."

Just as the violent shaking started, it had stopped, and, aside from a few pieces of equipment having been displaced and rattled around, nothing seemed different. Nothing, that is, except for the mass of people flying away. "G-Get out of town? But....If that rumble was what I thought it was, the queen could be in danger....You could be in danger, Everyone could be....I can't let anything happen to you all..." Izana looked outside nervously. "If it's all the same, sir, I'd like to stay and help out, fight, if need be. If I die here and now fighting for the well being of others, it will have been a worthy cause and also one that may shed some more positive light on my race, a good thing all around, except for the fact that I wouldn't be here to see it...." At that moment, the thought of applying to become a soldier for the queen crosses his mind, and he shakes the thought until later. What kind of soldier could a merchant and messenger possibly be? shooting Saraad another glance, his large eyes conveyed a youthful kindness and unwavering respect for the land and all of its inhabitants. of all of dragonkind, Izana would quite evidently not be like most of his kin.

At the mention of seeking safety from whatever the rumbling was, Izana seemed visibly concerned.

"If it's all the same, sir, I'd like to stay and help out, fight, if need be. If I die here and now fighting for the well being of others, it will have been a worthy cause and also one that may shed some more positive light on my race, a good thing all around, except for the fact that I wouldn't be here to see it...."

Saraad raised his eyebrows. He had never seen, in all his years living on the Land of Wings, seeing a being as brave and selfless as this dragon... it inspired him. A warmth in his heart that he had not known even existed erupted into creation, burning bright. Saraad looked outside and hardened his face, looking up at the throngs of angels fleeing to safety outside the city. He turned back to Izana and nodded.

"I know not what this threat is," he said, scratching his head. "But it would be best if everyone worked together to stop it, no?"

He jogged outside and did his best to fly up with his smaller wings, eventually reaching above the rooftops. In the distance, where the foothills grew into mountains, a large collection of rocks was seemingly rising up, taking the shape of some kind of creature, or a golem. Saraad's face grew white as he realized what was in the distance, descending as fast as possible to the blacksmith's shop.

"Izana, it appears to be a golem, and a very large one at that," he began, wringing his hands in anxiety. "It's not fully risen all the way, but its capability for destruction is enormous. We should embark towards it sooner rather than later."

• Love
Izana looked at the angel for a minute, having offered his paw to the man, hoping it was accepted, as he prepared to fly. "Sooner is better, correct.....I may be youthful, but I am prepared to die for my country. In that respect, I guess I am ready for what comes next." He smiled, spreading his wings, knowing full-well that those that had been arguing over the plate, as well as other members of the royal guard would have seen the two flying to engage, rather than fleeing the engagement. Izana, bearing some hopes that they wouldn't attempt to stop them, hoping that they were intending on allowing the two to pass. Internally, as thoughts of being remembered in history books as a hero, or as a selfless reptile intent on the well-being of others filled his mind, he relaxed some, spewing some candle flames and adjusted the wind currents for some exeditious flight. With intentions to protect those he cares for, the land that he inhabited, the lives of children, society, as well as the freedoms he had enjoyed in life to this point, he had made up his mind.

Thinking to himself, as he looked over to Saraad, he let several thoughts fill his mind, Hoping to grant himself the courage to fulfill his goals.

Freedom is worth dying for. be it for me, or for the others of this land. I will do all I can to protect the peace, and extend the freedoms we enjoy.

Warlock had been searching for the sage in question, and the search had indeed been fruitless as he went about his way through the city. Many people gave him cryptic directions, which attempted to decipher and follow in order to go about his way. Soon enough, the earth began to rumble beneath his feet and an infuriating ringing bored its way into his head, causing him to collapse momentarily before he rose again. He then proceeded to draw the blade at his side and use the ringing in his ears to locate the source of the rumblings. However, as he came closer to the source the ringing in his ears became more insufferable, almost driving him to madness and rage as he continued to seek out the foul and dreaded source of the shaking ground beneath him.

VAMADRA LEVALLAN

Vamadra watched as izana and saraad got ready to fight. " Izana and saraad spotted a g-golem?!?! Where in the world did it come from!" She started to feel her heart beating faster. Vamadra has yet to be in a real fight. " I was suppose to start work in the archives not go into my first battle." Vamadra turned to the shoppe keeper. " I know this is strange,but I will take that sword on the table. How much for it?" It was weird that the sword suddenly appeared off the shelves, but it was in her good fortune. " I will come back later for a custom one but I have to go fight now" Vamadra was talking a bit fast. She could hear her mother in her head now telling her that she should have had her sword on her for this very reason.

"do you hear me Vamadra! And where am I finding her here? I cant believe you are playing hooky on your first day. Oh and hello Keahi how have you been?" Her mother's sturn voice was louder than it should be. She turned around slowly to find her mother standing behind her. Kata was a lean built woman towering at 6 ft tall. She was wearing her usual ebomy tinted plated armor and amethyst colored dragon scale should plate and bracer. Her bright blonde hair was partially covered by her helm that was unique to every battle maiden. "M-m-mom! What are you doing here?" Vamadra's face become blushed with embarrassment. "I was on my way here to pick up a special order when that golem appeared out of no where. But there is no time for chit chat, quickly child pay Keahi for the sword and meet up wit me." With that being said the woman waved goodbye to the smith and her daughter. Kata's pure white wings materialized on her back. Vamadra saw her mother bend on her knees and her wings prepped for flight. Kata jumped, giving her a good start and flew towards the golem.

Ilona finally spotted the source of the noise, and almost stopped beating her wings in surprise. Was that--she started to fall, caught herself, regained altitude. Drawing closer, she circled high around the creature. It looked the way she'd imagined a golem might--rocky, irregular, obviously not alive. Where had it come from? She flew lower to get a better look at the creature and the fascinatingly strange magic that held it together.

Aust as he was wander closer and closer saw that a few people had been flying about scared, unsure of what was going on other than the shaking of the ground. He decided to get there sooner by flying at a decent speed to get there, at the point he was close by to the town so it didn't take long for him to arrive at the town. He was flying a bit over the town so he could see a stone building that wasn't there before, moving in closer he saw what was there, I'm going to need a very strong drink, he thought to himself flying back to the town. As he landed he acted very calmly and walked towards the nearest tavern which happened to be the same one the woman pointed out before but Aust didn't quite notice that.

Once inside Aust moved to the barkeep and ordered the strongest drink they had, the barkeep and his staff asked what was causing the shaking but Aust lied saying it was nothing as he was handed an odd mixture of a drink. He turned around to find a seat and took one in the back as always letting the soldiers deal with the large creature outside.

@Olissa

LoWWingBlack.png
New Being in the Land of Wings
LoWWingWhite.png

Vamir Evindal
Lilli Oeda

Lena

Waiting to see if the deal could be made, Lena simply sat and stared at the glass of water she had ordered. She had no idea who the person was that she handed the money to, and he could be long gone with it for all she knew. If that was so, then she supposed they needed the money. If they didn't need the money and just took it, well, it wasn't like she was going to feel the pinch. She had taken a chance, and now it was out of her hands to see it unfold.
A wrinkle showed in Lena's glass before much of any sound could be heard. The wrinkle had barely been noticed by the queen, but the rumble after it was not missed. It took but two seconds before the chill ran down her spine. She knew this rumble. She had heard it before, having had the misfortune of being up close and personal with one of them many years ago.

She quickly got up and walked to the window. There wasn't anything visible from this vantage point, so she went outside. The sight she saw confirmed what she had seen. A creature of war had come to her city.
Lena shed her cloak and spread her pure white wings that looked as soft as freshly fallen powder snow. She glanced behind her to the palace. Any normal monarch would flee to their most sacred and safe location, but not Lena.
There was something peculiar about this situation.

Golems were not normally used to attack people. There were more subtle ways of doing that. And for this to happen on the one off day she had made her feel even more uneasy about it all. With Lena's powers it was near impossible to get to her while she was inside her palace. Out here she could dispel the barrier protecting the palace and form it around herself, but that would leave her entire palace unprotected. If the target of the golem was inside the palace, a selfish act like protecting herself could ensure the death of whoever the golem might be truly after.

The Queen grit her teeth as she dispelled the message that Victor had sent her. There wasn't much else for her to do than to face the monster and see where its target was. With that thought Lena moved the muscles in her wings and lifted off of the ground and flew towards the creature.

Last edited:

LoWWingBlack.png
New Beings in the Land of Wings
LoWWingWhite.png

Drake Fallet

Im here... Im finally here! Thought Drake as he soared high over the floating land. He dreamed of finally making it here, and here he was! The steady hum of his cold-steam wingsuit purred as he banked and rolled, enjoying the freedom that his device provided him. No longer did he just sit grounded watching those more fortunate than he, now he could join them himself!

Drake had just finished moving the last of his boxes into his new shop in town, a nice little place with a studio apartment just above it. He saved more than enough to cover his living costs until he could get his business underway, and his dream of his own home will finally be complete! He closed his eyes and let out a happy sigh as he let the feeling of the wind caress his face.

His reverie was interrupted however by what sounded like loud crashing, and looking down, he noticed something rather peculiar. He banked down so he could get a better view, and his eyes widened as he recognized what looked like a golum making a path of destruction as it seemed to be heading somewhere in particular. Where that was, Drake had no idea, but something in his gut told him it was not for an afternoon cup of tea. Reaching into his vest, he pulled out a small pistol that he always kept on his person, opening the chamber as he fiddled for a few minutes before placing a few rounds into the pistol, closing it up and making his way closer.

His flight suit let out a hiss of steam as it slowed his descent, allowing him to land on a nearby boulder near the golum.

"Hello there big guy, might I ask where you're headed?" he called out to it, hoping that it could at least be intelligent enough for peaceful conversation.

Layana

The sudden change in his attitude caught Layana off guard. Where first a smile was now a grim look had painted his face. What was going on? He ordered her to fly out of here as his body started to morph with new tattoos and outfit. Not exactly a trait she had ever seen before. Definitely interesting, but right now wasn't exactly the time to calmly discus what had just transpired before her very eyes.
Instead, she figured it might be better to heed his words and get out of here with the rest of the people in the building.
She was about to tell him that she couldn't fly, so she would go and warn the rest of the people, when he grabbed her and flew off.

"Woah! Hold on!" Layana called out, half in panic. To be frank it had been years since she had been in the sky last. The last few times she had 'flown' she had been more crash landing and fumbling than anything else. If he'd accidentally let go mid flight she'd be in a lot more trouble than she cared to admit. Sure, she'd probably be able to flutter and slow down her fall but it would be far from graceful.
"Put me down, please!" She pleaded. "I can't fly.
Outside Layana gripped on tight, but kept her eyes out on her surroundings. To be honest, she missed this feeling, this view. Sure, she could have trained harder to become better at flying again, but she simply hadn't.
Her brief moment of enjoyment was soon cut off when she saw a pile of rocks standing erect, and glowing beady eyes peering straight in their direction.
"What... is that..." A feeling of terror rose through her as she gazed back at the monster.

The Golem

The stoney figure groaned and rumbled with each step it took. It had reached the city's gates and crashed right through them with ease. Its glowing orbs scoured the capital in search of its target.
With a mighty roar any last person that had not noticed the monster now was well aware there was danger in their midst.
Many winged beings had taken to the skies and flown off, out of the way to the sides, and just beyond the capital. But none of those that flew away were the target of the creature.

Few had taken up arms and were heading out to face it. As Drake landed nearby and tried to speak to it, the creature gave no response. There was no intelligence with it, it was only a weapon after all.
Suddenly, out of nowhere it turned the rocks that made up its head, glowing 'eyes' focussed on one point. It had found its target.

Saraad nodded to Izana's sage words. He was more than convinced that he would be a good ally to have, in good and bad times alike. He turned back to Izana.

"I'm going to go by my house and grab some alchemical fluids," he said, smiling warmly. "I have a great deal of things that can dissolve rock rather easily."

Leaping up and flying as fast as he could with his undersized wings, Saraad reached his house in a matter of minutes. Fumbling with the keys, he quickly unlocked the door into the dusty and gloomy front hall. Striding past the stacks of old tomes and coffee-stained papers, he rummaged around in the pantry in his kitchen, putting dark glass bottles filled with viscous fluids into pouches on his apron, only pausing for a moment to inspect the hurriedly scrawled note on the front, making sure to take the right bottles. He slammed the pantry door shut, bottles clinking dangerously on the other side. He dashed through the cluttered study, the floor squeaking under his heavy footsteps. He quickly pulled the front door shut, making sure to lock it, and shoved the keys back into his pocket. He took off again, his small wings straining to fly quickly. Reaching the blacksmith's shop rather quickly, he sat down for a moment, breathing heavily.

"I just need a moment to catch my breath, then I'll be able to go" he gasped out.

Izana nodded to his new friend. "Understood Sir. I'll continue heading for the golem. With good pacing and a bit of luck, I hope to be able to stall it long enough for your return. Stay safe, Saraad." The sapphire dragon sped up as best he could, hoping to make it to the golem as quickly as possible. He had so little combat experience, being a merchant and messanger, that his feelings in relation to how he was going to perform were shakey. Izana, you know you're going to get yourself killed by doing all of this, right? you're job is dealing in merchandice and currency, occasionally a letter or two, not actual combat...after he sighed, he headed for the golem further, thinking he caught a glimpse of the queen, among some other. glancing around, he notices everyone gearing up for the battle.

"EVERYONE MOVING TO ENGAGE, PLEASE, LET US GROUP UP AND CREATE A STRATEGY." keeping his hopes in check, the sapphire dragon and his hopes that others will join him continued to fly for the golem, readying some sapphire flames.

Bellerose finally made it back to the Capital and saw the stone creature heading towards it. She cursed a bit under her breath and debated if she should help for charity or asked to be paid by the guards if she offered her services. Weighing her options, she decided to find a guard, preferably the one in charge, and ask them innocently if they needed assistance. She flew around a bit and tried to find either the demon or the angel from the market place incident. Out of the corner of her eye, she kept tabs on the golem to see what it would do. She soon heard a shout for those getting ready to fight to group up and try to create a strategy and she figured it would be her best bet to finding someone in charge.

When the golem crashed through the gates, Deneas only slowed. This thing was huge. Of course, she had seen golems before, but she'd never been on the opposite side of them. She'd never had to fight one before. But this one was attacking the capital, so she would have to fight it. Somehow. The thought made her sigh. This was not what she had signed up for. How annoying. And her without any of her powers either. This really wasn't going to go well.

And then she noticed the golem was staring intently at something. No, not something. Someone. Victor, who was a usual in the capital, and a strange girl Deneas hadn't seen before. One of them was the golem's target it seemed, and since one of them was part of the capital crowd, it was her duty to protect him and the girl.

She flew towards them, and only then realized that the girl wasn't flying. Victor was holding her up. There was no way he could escape like that.

"Sir," she said once she neared Victor. "We have to get you out of here, now." She shot a glance back at the golem, then ushered for Victor to move.

Victor looked down at Layana and noticed she wasn't flying. He became paralyzed wth dead when she announced that she couldn't fly. Quickly he regained his composure when the golem set his sights on the two of them. "It's called a golem" he explained to Layana, "and it seems as if one of us is its target,that means we must get out of here!" He said turning around to fly away only to bump into one of the newer royal guards. "Yes of course" he said in response to her request. Victor threw Layana into the aid catching her in his arms bridal style. And flew as fast as he could towards the castle. "You'll be safe at the castle,if you are the golems target the queens barrier will reign frisky protect you" he explained

Status
Not open for further replies.