Land of Wings (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serena had crept closer to the edge of the canal to get a better look. Unfortunately, that also meant she was out of the shadows. However, her curiosity was too much for her to bare. Watching the seen unfold before her, she little a small sound escape her lips. A soft melodic laugh drifted over the air like a lover's caress. The people were making such a fuss.

The Capital

The soft light laugh coming from the waters was soon overruled by a deep rumble that could be felt as much as it was heard. A foreign, unnatural rumble, like an avalanche of boulders ripped through the air. To those unfamiliar to the sound they could have dismissed it, perhaps have thought it sounded like something heavy was rolling through the streets.
But to all who knew its sound a chill would rise along their spine.

Beyond the city's edge a massive cluster of boulders stood erect, glowing red orbs making up the 'eyes' in its face as it stood peering out over the buildings to the palace on the other side of the metropolis. The magic infused stones begun to move in unison, letting the golem take its first steps towards the capital. Its glowing red eyes fixated on the center of the city.

Ilona saw the rumble before she heard or felt it; the buildings on the horizon shivered. It looked almost like a heat ripple, but it was moving closer. Then she heard the noise; buildings groaning as their foundations shifted, in a way that they probably weren't supposed to even on a floating city. She looked around, trying to guess where the source of the shake might be.

[fieldbox="Nyka, #D0A9F5"]
Azra asked Nyka to remain calm, and her reassuring smile helped. The angel's voice seemed to have a soothing effect on the young Sylph, and she gathered herself as best she could.

Nyka's hopes were raised further when a mysterious stranger, cloaked in shadow despite the bright sunlight, stepped out from the crowd to offer his assistance, but Azra's words to dismiss the man quickly dispelled them once more. The man had called Richtor his "friend" which surprised his daughter. "How does Father know such a man?" she wondered to herself as Azra continued to talk.

"I would hear more about this Khulamahn?" The angel posed it as a question but there was no room for the elementals to refuse. Richtor looked at his daughter who was once more on the verge of tears at the sound of the name.

"Perhaps you would allow me to take a moment to comfort my daughter?" he asked Azra, holding his free arm out to Nyka. Without waiting for the angel's approval, Nyka flew into her father's awaiting arms, knocking the guardswoman off balance with the force. Richtor closed his arm around Nyka and began to sing softly to his daughter, a lullaby her mother sang often at night, and for a brief moment the two stood there, arm in arm, as though they had not another care in the world.

Then Nyka heard it. A soft laugh cut through the noise of the busy marketplace until it turned into a roll of thunder. "Wait, not thunder…" Nyka thought to herself as the sound grew louder. "Father, what is – " she began.

"Fly! Fly for your lives!" shouted the stall owner, launching himself into the air. Confused, Nyka looked up from her father's embrace to the demon guard holding her father's arm tightly, then to Azra as if asking permission to follow the other angel in his flight.
[/fieldbox]

Aust was slightly annoyed by the angel, but he tried and hey he has money it's not like the woman could recognise him from under his cloak. He brushed off this slight loss and turned to face the nearest alley when he was caught off guard by the sudden trebling of the area around him. The shop owner from before yelled to fly and Aust wasn't going to get killed helping others who wouldn't pay him for it so he pulled his cloak back to reveal his leathery wings as he took to the skies along with others getting the hell away from the area not caring for the people below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bellerose

Bellerose was astonished to see the cloaked man's leathery and she decided to follow him, forgoing making her usual announcement to save people so long as they pay her in the end. She spread her feathery black wings and shot off into the air, after the man, now more curious than before.

As Aust flew at first he did notice someone following him but didn't think much of it since he thought they may have just have been flying the same direction as he was but now as he looked back he knew they were following him. Shit what do they want, he thought to himself trying to act normal as he flew through the skies acting as he didn't notice them after him. As he was getting tried of flying he saw a nice area to land it was a distance from the city but he didn't really care about it he may have lived there but he can live else where too.

Bellerose saw the man go to land and, figuring she could talk to him finally, she followed his movements. Landing a few feet away from him, Bellerose folded her wings and turned to look at the male, her purple eyes shining in interest.

Izana smiled and nodded at the mention of being polite, but nearly jawdroped at the mention of staying with Saraad. "A-Are you Sure? I don't wish to be an inconvienience, and we have only just met..." He glanced around for a moment, noticing how drastically the Attendees of the shop had changed, before looking to Sahraad again. "If you are sure about Me coming to stay with you, then I accept." He smiled softly, Bowing respectfully, Thrilled that he wouldn't have to sleep in an alley for a while anymore, starting to run through what he intended to write in the letter to the queen. Dear Our Queen, I am eternally grateful for what you did for me. You ended up saving my life, And theres no way for me to repay you, But if there's anything you wish of me at any time, please let me know. He sighed a bit, wondering what to say in full, before he glanced outside where a ton of hubbub seemed to be happening not too far off. "Any idea what all the commotion is about, Sahraad Sir?"

Last edited:
Aust waited a few seconds for who ever had followed him to land behind him as they did he could feel their eyes on him. He tried to ignore them for as long as he could before he couldn't shake the feeling of them looking at them. He folded his wings under his cloak again and he turned around to face them leaving his face in the shadows of his cloak, "Unless you have a job for me leave me alone," he said.

Bellerose smirked a bit and pulled out a small bag of money and tossed it to him. "You seem familiar and I want to know why." She states, watching as the pouch lands at his feet. "Though with how you seem to ask for money, I would guess you are a hired sword as well."

Vamadra levallan
Vamadra was just about to respond to the smith when a unusual rumble interrupted her. Soon after someone asked about it. She looked up, to her surprise, and saw what was a beautiful sight. A dragon, with sapphire scales was standing next to what was the smith of the shop. "oh wow" She had no clue how she could miss the dragon, he was huge and magnificent. Her father always told her it was impolite to stare. but she could not help it with this being. " Yes, indeed. What a strange....rumbling...." the thunder did not scare her as much as it should, but then her mother's face poped up in her mind." Oh no. My mother! she must be worried sick about me!"

Serena watched the scene unfold before her. One moment the scene was amusing in sorts to the mermaid, amusing enough to let sound escape her lips. Slapping her hands over her lips, her hazel eyes widened in fear as she ducked further into the water. Thankfully, no one seemed to notice but one small girl wrapped in her father's arms. Nyka, she believed she heard the father call the girl. Working in her favor, though, was a rumbling sound coming from one end of the town. Lifting her arms up on to the ground near the little canal, she pulled her body halfway up to get a better look. Fear struck her heart as she saw the golem emerging from the edge of the city...from her forest. A sloppy splash resonated from the canal as water landed on the streets. A moment later, the blonde nymph like creature was darting through the underground tunnels to return to her lagoon. She feared for the life of her friends, for her little rabbit friend, for her home.

Aust looked the girl over seeing that she did seem like she could handle herself even more tha a good few other hired swords he knew, "And from your question I can assume your the same, well I'm for hire but I prefer the more descreet jobs," he replied, "Why were you following me?"

Bellerose rolled her eyes at him and moved closer to him, her hips swaying with each step. She stopped right in front of him and stared at his face. "I said you seemed familiar. I'm paying you to tell me why." She states, her ever present smirk on her face. She circled him, trying to assess where and when she saw him.

Layana

Layana nodded. "Nice to meet you too, and no, you're right, I'm not from around here. I'm from way up north. Well, not just there, my parents had a tendency to move around the edge of the Land a lot." She shrugged. They hadn't moved that often, but they had switched towns about 5 times in her life. Humans and their drive for exploration and adventure.
Her eyes did catch the smile he sent her, which made her automatically smile in response. Even with the question about her being a hybrid. Trying to downplay it she shrugged.
"Don't know what I am. Parents don't know what I am either, they keep saying I'm 'just' a normal angel. But does this look normal to you?" She asked him, pointing at the wings behind her. He didn't really look like it, even though he said he was a hybrid too, but maybe most hybrids just weren't as... obvious... in their combination.

A rumble was heard from outside. It sounded like thunder, or a rock avalanche. Neither of which really made sense. "What was that?" She looked around, but the light coming inside through the window definitely still showed a clear sky. "Are sounds like these normal in the Capital?"

Ilona tried to fly higher over the city, avoid the occasional falling tile or brick from a loose roof, but the winds became gusty and powerful very quickly. She dropped lower, gliding, focused on controlling her path and saving her energy. Whatever the source of the noise was, it couldn't be a good thing, she might need to get away very quickly.

Aust looked over her again trying to put where he may have saw her but came up blank unable to recognise her, "I don't quite recognise you but you may have looked different before here," he said pulling off his hood reluctantly to show her his face, "Do I look like someone you know? Did we go to school together or have you seen me around the Capitol or the tavern?" Aust looked to her with a bit of annoyance.

Bellerose looked closely at his face before pulling back. "It may have been at the tavern. I frequently go there for a drink or to do business." She states, moving away from him. Turning, she spread her black wings and shot up into the air. Before leaving, Bellerose looked back at him and smiled. "My name is Bellerose. If you ever want to go out for a drink or do a tough job together, just look me up."

With those words, she left back to the Capital to see if anyone has any jobs yet for her.

Aust watched her trying to recognise him and as she was leaving she told him her name, "I'm Aust and I'll will be taking you up on that drink definitely," he somewhat yelled to her. Aust knew something may have been going on in the Capitol and he may have over reacted with the whole leaving the Capitol thing but he didn't mean to go so far and he didn't want to fly so he began to walk back.

Status
Not open for further replies.