Kylen's Interdimensional Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chis straightened a bit when the coyote looking man mention the history of the bar. That was a story she'd greatly be interested in. "Did you find it in this 'between the dementions' state, or did you place it here yourself? Are you a magic worker?" She glanced around the room again. The mecanics of the place baffled her. One place that connects to so many dementions and, apparently, times as well. the next person to walk in could be from anywhere, or any when. Curiosity was driving her mad, and she turned her green eyes back on the owner. "Was a spell used to put it here?"

He chuckled softly. "Its a lot of things, but yes, I did place it here. Or rather a slightly more human version of me did, and then passed it on to me as he decided to join his world in its twilight years. But I kinda had to put the bar here on my own to be properly connected to it. Helps if you follow tue idea of Wibble Time. So if I had to say, its a heavy mix of technology and magic that keeps us from being torn apart in the malestrom."

// Sorry for my absence, had a Christmas vacation and then I just wanted to relax a while before coming back to RP. \\

Teal exits the bathroom after having kicked off an annoying string of toilet paper from his hoof. He trots back to the counter and hops into a seat near the middle. He looks around for Kylen, or at least someone else of interest.

Chris frowned a bit. "wibble time?" She asked. It wasn't a term she was familiar with. "What is wibble time?" She turned to face him properly as they spoke. She was still very interested in his explanation. She twisted her cloak in her hands as she looked back at the door. "If I stepped through, would I end up in a random demention? Or would I be in my own, no matter what?"

Kylen waved to the pony, and turned back to his questioner. "Its the idea that time is more like an ocean or tangled ball of yarn. And that is up to you. The standard reaction is that it puts you back a little after you left, to avoid any paradoxes, in your home dimension and world. You could, however, visit Teal's world if you were to go through with him and the thought of doing so. It....kind of reads intent, so it sends you wer you want to go, because most drunks just wanna go home."

She nodded again as she thought through the complicated idea. It made sense, but it still made her head spin a bit. She just sat silently for awhile to think everything over. She took another sip of her drink as she thought. Once again her hand absently traveled up to the amulet around her neck and twisted it as she thought.

(This RP got buried in my notifications sorry! ;n;)
T.B. smiled back at the old man. "Don't thank me, just because I am a demon, doesn't mean I am required to act like one." He looked at Kylen, thinking over the question in his head. "Kylen, why are you so curious about me?"

"It can pay to know if my employees arehiding from something to beter asist them and protect the bar. Also, you are a curiosity in the 'duke working peasant job' way."

"It's interesting here. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't worry about me, just keep an eye out for Celestials, Pilgrims, and Knights. They'd know what I am right off the bat and may do something. Other than that, no worries, man."

The coyote nodded. "Fair enough. I just don't need an army busting in looking for you."

"Welp, looks like I DO gotta go to detail." He stood up and looked him in the eyes. "I'm a goddamn Great Duke. My name is the bane of 6 different families of mages, 2 Catholic orders. The Pope himself of one dimension was my lunch. Angels used to hunt me day and night while I fucked some of their ranks in secret. Every pilgrim in almost every dimension hunts me for glory. They won't all come at once, but since I do work here, expect some fucktard to come in here....3 times a month? Maybe a bit more often depending on the traffic. Cause Hell and Heaven are currently under a cease fire against all demonic kind that are in a mundane setting and not causing hell, both Demons and Angels alike." He sighed. "I'm a Marshall, technically. I'm a demon deployed to survey an area and watch over shit. Something happens, I stop it. Since this place is one of the biggest targets for both, A Greater Duke was deployed. Me." He sat back down. "So like it or not, I'm here for good. So might as well make the best of it. I'm trying, Kylen. You need to too. It'll make it easier for both of us. I could've easily taken this place over. When you threw me against a wall, I could have cold boiled your entire body and made it explode. But I didn't. Because I respect you. So stop being an asshole and get used to me. Unless you want fights between Demonics happening every day."

Last edited by a moderator:
With a brief, rushing pop noise, an individual materialized just by the dartboard, about a foot in the air. He crashed onto the hardwood, his petticoat and long chestnut locks in a tangle. Briefly dazed, the individual stood up shakily, affixing his brassed, antiquated looking goggles to his forehead. His vision sharpening into focus, he took a step back and laid his hand upon his Wheellock Repeater holstered on his leg, trying to make sense of the motley crew of interdimensional beings seated at the bar before him. Some looked quizzically at him, others were thoroughly unphased at such an occurrence. One thing was certain, however: his experiment was a success; the inter-dimensional fold drive worked! It seemed as if these individuals were just patrons sipping on beverages... this was a pub! Suffering slight disbelief, the steam-punk bedecked male loosened up, straightening out his distinguished attire and locks, hanging his petticoat upon a convenient coat rack and taking a seat next to a ragged, red-hooded female and a supernatural-looking fellow who seemed to have half of his face melted away.

The human male breathed a sigh of relief. Despite the oddities and sheer mathematical improbabilities of ending up at an interdimensional bar, he counted himself lucky that he didn't end up, say, in an eldrich dimension. He raised his hand slightly at the anthropomorphic, canine-looking barkeep in a gesture of greeting. He spoke in a pleasant, baritone Lancashire accent.

"I suppose I'll have a drink to the occasion, eh? I'll have a pint of stout, if you carry that." The man laid several pence upon the counter. "Call me Webley. Forgive me, but you all seem like a bunch of... fascinating individuals."

Attachments

• anime_steampunk_by_kuronah-d68k52o.jpg
    anime_steampunk_by_kuronah-d68k52o.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 11
"Well hello, cutie." T.B. looked over at the newcomer. "Aren't you a sight, eh?" He grinned before getting behind the counter. He wrapped up his wound, the bandages going red yet again. "Irish, Imperial, Porter..." He raked his mind before continuing. "...Baltic Porter, Sweet Stout, Oatmeal Stout, Chocolate Stout, Coffee Stout, or Oyster Stout, hun? We got em all."

"I shall have an Imperial Stout." Webley didn't bother to ask where the bandaged individual acquired the Queen's Own Stout; it was best left uninquired. The tragically mutilated barkeep pulled down upon a tap, filling up a glass full of dark amber brew, topping off the head excellently. He slid it to the parched Brit; Webley caught it and took a long, thirsty draw, savoring the bitter brew, setting it down after a mouthful. "Also, I'm flattered, but I don't play that end of the field." He smiled apologetically, taking another sip. "So... where exactly am I? And why exactly do I feel somewhat... out of place? There is an air of mysticism quite unknown to me; not exactly what I am used to." gesturing to his micro-Pascal powered goggles and headphones.

(OOC: Dun goof'd, ignore deleted post. Also, hitting the hay, will post in the morning.)

"Well.....this is an INTERDIMENSIONAL bar. Beings of all dimensions are patrons here. You're just one of the more tame kinds." He let Webley take a look around, letting him get a good look at all the people around. "Hell, I'm the weirdest person here, though you wouldn't know it." He winked with his good eye.

Chris studied the new man curiously when he sat next to her. He was dressed quite unlike anyone she was used to seeing. When he spoke, she discovered that his manner of speak was something else too. When he mentioned a field she glanced around quizzically. "What field?" She asked. There was no field here, at least not that she could see. She looked back at him and wondered if he was more mad than he'd appeared.

Webley nodded; even interdimensional sentient beings needed a drink every now and again. They must be situated at an 'interdimensional crossroads,' as one of his professors from University explained it, the teachings from his Space-Time curriculum flooding back. He would ponder this later. Webley turned his attention to the girl seated next to him, briefly taken aback by the beauty of her facial features. If she was trying to hide her appearance with the threadbare crimson hood, she was doing a poor job of it. He laughed in a pleasing timbre; she probably never heard that figure of speech before.

"How should I explain it? Playing one end of the field or the other means you are either attracted to the same, or the opposite sex." She blushed slightly, probably not expecting such an honest explanation. "Certain individuals... such as this gentleman here," Webley gestured to the man with the golden eye, "Might play both 'ends,' if you know what I mean. But I am being presumptuous."

Webley took another sip of the stout, letting the bitter suds run down his throat. He held out his hand towards the cloaked lass. "I'm Webley Smith... inventor and entrepreneur extraordinaire. Friends call me Webley; you have no need of being so formal around me."

She blushed at bit at his straightforward and honest answer, then nodded. It made sense. She took the hand he held out and shook it politely. "I am Christene, but you can call me Chris." She tilted her head a bit. "I am merely a traveler, that stopped here for a drink." As if reminded of the drink in her hand she took another sip.

Name: Alyssa "Aly" Lavigne
Species: Demon
Looks: *See pic* black dragon/demon wings, black outfit with blood red sections, matching black ankle boots.

After a long day of hunting innocent souls of humans, she notices a bar in the distance and flies to it. She lands in front of the door and walks inside the bar. Her blood ruby eyes scan the room and sighs not sensing any humans. She walks over to the bar and sits on an empty stool.

Attachments

• anime girl.jpg
    anime girl.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 9
"Aye, you look well worn by the rigors of travel. How exactly did you come to a place such as this? You almost seem... mystical. There's a saying from where I live: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Going off of that, you seem to be... technologically gifted."

Webley finished his stout with one last gulp. He disliked anything pertaining to 'magic,' as it implied an inability to explain the phenomena. But then again... many aspects of this multiverse were beyond defining or explanation, even with his pertinent scientific knowledge. Many people in his life made the distinction between the supernatural and the easily explained. Given the way this day has went, there seems to be little difference between such paradigms, such ways to interpret the world around them.

Almost by cue, a female with a curious pallor of skin and a leathery pair of wings took a seat at the bar, her attire fitting of an individual attending a masquerade ball. Things just keep getting stranger...

Status
Not open for further replies.