Kylen's Interdimensional Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was at that time that Webley looked at his watch, and realized that he was late for teaching a seminar upon non-Euclidean geometry; he'd gotten so lost in people-watching that he failed to keep track of (his) time. He hurriedly downed the rest of his drink, stood up, and retrieved his coat.

"It has been a pleasure. 'til next time."

This time around, he decided to use the exit door. He opened the door, the sounds of welding and the whirrs of machinery emanating, and stepped through, the inter-dimensional passage shutting behind him.

Alex leaned forward and took a drink of his Jaegermeister. Nothing like the bitter taste of anise to ease his mind.

T.B. had went back to the bar after a while, getting over being embarrassed.

The door to the bar opened,quickly and quietly, and in walked a young man with a very small build, a black cloak, and two short-swords strapped to his back. Even with the swords, he still looked rather intimidated, and shy. He took a quick glance around, and nodded, then slightly relaxed. He had slightly shaggy black hair, dark cargo jeans, and black shoes, similar to ninja tabi. Once he had summed up everything in the pub (which is how he added it up) he went and sat down in one of the closest seats to the door, and then it appeared as if he had fallen asleep.

(If this is still active, I think I'll post.)

Alex took another sip of his anise-flavored booze, turning around and reclining back in his barstool. Ricard and Johnson left a while ago, so it felt a little less weird without a demon hunting doppelganger.

"Well, I'm bored already," the man mumbled to himself. Walking over, he sat next to the now reclining man, and glanced over. "Hey, my name is Coroneth. Yours?"

Looking over at the newcomer, he introduced, "Alex. Nice to meet ya." He took another sip of his Jaegermeister before asking, "So what's your story?"

(Been busy with a job change, and it has been quiet here.)

Kylen looked over, sliding along the bar to the newcomer. "Anything I can get you?" He asked, wondering how the person was already bored.

(It seems a lot of people have left, except us. ;~;)

Slow days were the worst. Barely anyone was at the bar, no fights to have, no gossip to listen to. All four of the demons working there felt it, T.B. taking it the worst. He was laying on the bar, leg hanging off on it, swinging, while he idly mumbled to himself about how much the day sucked. Ada was throwing darts to pass the time, Aella was playing around with lightning magic, occasionally shocking Ada for shits and giggles, and Noe was...well..."playing" more visual novels.

"Well, I've just been traveling a lot. Found this door over a door to a safe house," Coroneth said, "It must have moved, otherwise a flood of people would be coming in about now." Turning to the barkeep, he said, "I'm assuming you are Kylen, my hint being the door. Anyways, uh, yeah, if you could get me something light. I'd like to be able to think straight, just slightly distracted..." he trailed off, bring a hand to his head. Suddenly, his eyes adjusted, from an onyx, to a deep red, and he glanced over at the very bored looking man on the table. "You, you're demonic, aren't you?" he asked with a slight smile.

The door opened a little, then closed again. Some rustling could be heard before thr door opened again and a young looking male walked into the bar. He yawned, showing off his sharp white fangs and took a seat furthest away from the door and everyone else.

"Lookie there, a vamp. Could you not drink the humans here dry, I'm really sick of beating on vampires." T.B. said tiredly, before letting out a long yawn. "Yo Noe."

"What do you want?"

"You still have Skullgirls on there, right?" Noe stopped everything she was doing and turned to T.B.

"Whoa. Why do you care, and why do you ask?"

"I'm bored, and I want to do something. And since I don't see anything or anyone to do, I wanna beat your ass in fighting games."

"Old man, you're about to go down a really long road..."

"...and this is only the first turn on it? Good." T.B. smiled, then walked over, grabbed a controller, and started fighting Noe. He was playing Squigly, while she played Cerebella. What was going to be a quick match or two. turned into a full out tourney with only those two there, the smack talk got more heated and eventually got the attention of the few people there. Before anyone knew it, the crowd had expanded and so did the players and the scale of it. The big LCD TV in the bar was jacked by Noe and T.B., Ada was acting as announcer, and Aella was handling the betting that was going on. 10% from every bet was making a lot of cash for the bar, since just about everyone was betting on the tourney. Naturally, T.B. and Noe were the last to fight, since everyone else had lost. But, to the horror of betters, T.B. lost. Horribly. He got bodied. R. Kelly'd. Double perfect every match. It was BRUTAL. Needless to say, he was a wee bit crushed. He eventually just watched the other tourneys, drinking and cheering Noe on.

"Huh, Skullgirls," Coroneth said, looking at all the commotion, eyes shifting back to normal, and a grin growing on his face. "Been a long while. Its a nice sight."

Dusk watched for a while with a bored expression. After sometime he folded his arms and laid his head on them, closing his eyes.

Coroneth laughed at the large crowd, and the speed that it formed, then walked over to the lone vampire. "So, what's your story?"

Kylen smiles, passing the person with changing eyes a run and coke, heavier on the coke. "She can be a bit picky. So, tell me about you and your world."

"Me? Well, I'm gonna guess you're wondering about my eyes. You see-" his eyes turned red red again, and he stopped before continuing, "there are several in here." He gestured toward his head with a laugh. "Right now, demon at the wheel!" Then his eyes shifted back and his expression became angry. "Shut up, please! Yeah, that's it. There are a few more, but they only come out when I need them.
My world, well, my travels tell me that it would be considered 'midevil' with magic and castles and all that. Apparently there's a war going on now..." he trailed off, eyes going distant.

Status
Not open for further replies.