黒執事 Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) • ON PERMANENT HIATUS •

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll work on something today, but......i jacked my wrist up even more pushing it for the last two days instead of letting it rest

i'll work on something today, but......i jacked my wrist up even more pushing it for the last two days instead of letting it rest
Why?

why?

because people make me feel like i'm obligated to post instead of letting me take a break for the week in order to let my wrist rest, they told me i'm missing deadlines and that i can only miss one more deadline

so i been forcing myself to post because i'll get kicked out of rps if i don't

why?

because people make me feel like i'm obligated to post instead of letting me take a break for the week in order to let my wrist rest, they told me i'm missing deadlines and that i can only miss one more deadline

So you choose some silly rps over your actually important health? k.

Well thats part of responsibility to others if you are in an RP. I know personal responsibility is an unknown concept, more so among a number of people.

If its your health or the RP's I would simply tell those others your situation and bow out if required. Its wrong to expect others to wait on one person unless said person is the GM and even then a GM should face the reality the RP will likely die in their absence. But its equally wrong to force yourself in such a situation with prior conditions that have worsened as a result..

Its nothing to feel bad about. Easy come, easy go. If I have other issues to deal with, or get bored of how something is done I'll wish them well and then leave. There is no point in forcing it. Its far worse to meet commitments and end up a broken horse, unless thats the price you wish to pay.

Last edited:
why?

I meant more of why you didn't rest your wrist, though suppose I get my answer. You can always use the other hand even if it's slow. Compounding the injury will only make recovery longer.

So you choose some silly rps over your actually important health? k.
Well thats part of responsibility to others if you are in an RP. I know personal responsibility is an unknown concept, more so among a number of rpers on Iwaku. If its your health or the RP's I would simply tell those others your situation and bow out if required. Its wrong to expect others to wait on one person unless said person is the GM and even then a GM should face the reality the RP will likely die in their absence. But its equally wrong to force yourself in such a situation with prior conditions that have worsened as a result..

Its nothing to feel bad about. Easy come, easy go. If I have other issues to deal with, or get bored of how something is done I'll wish them well and then leave. There is no point in forcing it.
It's an anxiety thing. If there's one thing I hate, it's failing people and making people feel like I failed them. When I join a RP, that's a promise. A promise I didn't quite make, but a promise and an oath that says I'll be here and I'm dedicated to this.

As a GM I would be a lot more understanding. Shit, one of my RPs is taking a haitus with some very understanding members because 1 of the members went on a 5 day vacation, another member is dealing with something at home. I'm a lot more laidback and compassionate and find I like to make communities that are more about family and communication.

I find it unfair to say, "oh right you're injured, okay gtfo"

edit-

i mean i'm going to post today. its just very hard to be slow. i'm a lot faster with my other hand.

In the past, on other sites not Iwaku, when someone has told me about an injury, a death in the family, I tend to ghost their characters as the GM and I know that isn't the GMs responsibility, I'm just struggling to find any kind of mercy on this site.

If you aren't ready to be cut down by the machinegun, don't lead the charge. It is fine to think as you do in regards to the RP's I think but it should be of your own will, a vast majority of the RP's I joined because of Emp or Stros, not as I had an interest in them at all. I wish to stand with my friends as best as I can, even if its something I'm "meh" with.

Its fine if you wanted to do this, and can acceapt the price. But that doesn't seem to be the case, now you are upset when the ferryman comes for his toll. I'm not judging you mind you. As to mercy as if 90% of the RP's on here move faster than once a week. And maybe its unfair but there is a bunch more people here than one person, or even three. In a small group, or a large group with small splits its not an issue. I think it would be fine to have your partner ghost you, or the GM for a period of time. IF the condition doesn't improve in a timely fashion then it should be brought up again.

I'm hardly asking you to leave myself. Only that you should make some sort of terms face the fact you are injured. I highly doubt Ali will ask you to leave unless your injury takes a long time to heal. Your partner, the GM, or maybe one of us can ghost your people until you heal up. If that takes awhile its more fair to remove you at that point than it is to leave things at a standstill for "Inclussions" sake.

I'm not into the whole "Community" thing myself. Call it a different culture and view on life. I'm not saying you should leave, but you seem to be blaming "us" for this, which even if coerced was of your own accord, and now are requesting we stop (or thats how I read into it). We cannot be held at fault for your injury and if you aren't prepaired to face the results of forcing yourself for those RP's then you shouldn't have done it in the first place.

If they kicked you as a result, well you know one person that isn't compassionate and who's rps you shouldn't join. Just as some members I've observed don't make their interest checks into RP's or stop posting within a week, those people I keep an eye on and won't join anything they are in or make. Its nothing to feel bad about.

Life and health is short.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Skyswimsky
If you aren't ready to be cut down by the machinegun, don't lead the charge. It is fine to think as you do in regards to the RP's I think but it should be of your own will, a vast majority of the RP's I joined because of Emp or Stros, not as I had an interest in them at all. I wish to stand with my friends as best as I can, even if its something I'm "meh" with.

Its fine if you wanted to do this, and can acceapt the price. But that doesn't seem to be the case, now you are upset when the ferryman comes for his toll. I'm not judging you mind you. As to mercy as if 90% of the RP's on here move faster than once a week. And maybe its unfair but there is a bunch more people here than one person, or even three. In a small group, or a large group with small splits its not an issue. I think it would be fine to have your partner ghost you, or the GM for a period of time. IF the condition doesn't improve in a timely fashion then it should be brought up again.

I'm hardly asking you to leave myself. Only that you should make some sort of terms face the fact you are injured. I highly doubt Ali will ask you to leave unless your injury takes a long time to heal. Your partner, the GM, or maybe one of us can ghost your people until you heal up. If that takes awhile its more fair to remove you at that point than it is to leave things at a standstill for "Inclussions" sake.

I'm not into the whole "Community" thing myself. Call it a different culture and view on life. I'm not saying you should leave, but you seem to be blaming "us" for this, which even if coered was of your own accord, and now are requesting we stop (or thats how I read into it). We cannot be held at fault for your injury and if you aren't prepaired to face the results of forcing yourself for those RP's then you shouldn't have done it in the first place.

If they kicked you as a result, well you know one person that isn't compassionate and who's rps you shouldn't join. Just as some members I've observed don't make their interest checks into RP's or stop posting within a week, those people I keep an eye on and won't join anything they are in or make. Its nothing to feel bad about.

Life and health is short.

no i definitely agree with what you're saying. I'm not trying to blame any one. My own damn anxiety gets in the way of certain decisions I make.

It should just take me the weekend, and then I should be okay to post again. I mean it was starting to feel better four days after, but did the thing that I shouldn't which was....oh hey the swelling and pain is gone let's push this as far as I should.

Exactly, just take your time and if its a problem request one of us to ghost you. I think Ali would allow it. As to the other RP's as I said, if they don't like it "Easy come, Easy go." Don't push further than you are able, or further than you are willing to pay.

Exactly, just take your time and if its a problem request one of us to ghost you. I think Ali would allow it. As to the other RP's as I said, if they don't like it "Easy come, Easy go." Don't push further than you are able, or further than you are willing to pay.
well it's only tendinitis, which i'm fine with

i'm not fine with it turning to carpal tunnel or needing surgery

my writing career would be at risk

Heal first, post later. Should you want someone to ghost you, let me know and I can figure something out.
It's far better to be feeling 100% and whip out a badass post than have to struggle and be in pain whilst writing a lack luster post.
@Clyde

Heal first, post later. Should you want someone to ghost you, let me know and I can figure something out.
It's far better to be feeling 100% and whip out a badass post than have to struggle and be in pain whilst writing a lack luster post.
@Clyde

thank you if kitsune wants to ghost me that's fine

And I just started a new job and doing college but , will be able to work on it tonight after to other posts as knowing me it will be a bit long. I feel awful for the delay on my part!

And I just started a new job and doing college but , will be able to work on it tonight after to other posts as knowing me it will be a bit long. I feel awful for the delay on my part!

That's fine Hun. Should you feel you need some assistance as well, let me know <3

Apologies for having to quit right out of the gate on you like this @Ali , but things in my life are not going to allow me the leisure of RPing it seems. I rather not get into the details, but to ease anyone's concerns I'm fine. Things around me on the other hand are another matter. Ones which require my attention else I suffer even more anguish. I'm not sure when I'll be back, but the limited time so far has been fun. I've learned quite a bit about the Victorian Era and finished S1 of an anime I was putting off as well. It'll be a week until I officially leave as I have things to finish in other RPs, but I wish you luck in this RP's second life.

@Ali , do we need a replacement person found than?

kk imma playing catchup

but will have something up

• Thank You
Reactions: Ali
@Ali , do we need a replacement person found than?

We will indeed. Anyone in mind?

Apologies for having to quit right out of the gate on you like this @Ali , but things in my life are not going to allow me the leisure of RPing it seems. I rather not get into the details, but to ease anyone's concerns I'm fine. Things around me on the other hand are another matter. Ones which require my attention else I suffer even more anguish. I'm not sure when I'll be back, but the limited time so far has been fun. I've learned quite a bit about the Victorian Era and finished S1 of an anime I was putting off as well. It'll be a week until I officially leave as I have things to finish in other RPs, but I wish you luck in this RP's second life.

Alright Hun, sad to see you go but I hope things settle down for you! Take care and I'll see you around :)

Reactions: Astros
Status
Not open for further replies.