Renose

Balancer of Chaos
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Peace.​

For about four hundred years, the greater universe as a whole has known peace. Thanks to Sora and his friends, threats like Organization XIII, Maleficent, and the Heartless are all merely things of the past. With their combined efforts they managed to deal with many of the threats that the universe faced before Sora and others not blessed with enteral youth eventually passed on peacefully from old age.

Of course, they did not pass on without passing their skills to the next generation. Sora's generation had been the founding of the World Defense Committee or WDC for short. This committee dedicated itself to the defense of the greater universe and its many worlds from the defense of individuals who would seek to interfere with them and disrupt the natural balance and order of the worlds.

There are many worlds though. Countless. One would say that it is impossible to help them all… or so one would think.

The World Defense System [WDS for short]. This system was the child of the 4th WDC inspired by the Defense System that was made in Radiant Garden during Sora's time. This system is powered by the Cornerstone of Light, a mysterious artifact of immense power buried deep within Disney Castle. This system scans the worlds its set up in for various threats like Heartless and Nobodies. Then, utilizing the power of the Cornerstone of Light it is not only able to weaken these threats but even outright eliminate them if they are weak enough.

If they are too strong to be outright eliminated by the WDS, then a member of the World Defense Committee can quickly be dispatched to deal with the threat either via direct teleportation if the world is within a certain range or through the Gummi Ship Network established by the World Defense System. The WDS is for more than just defense as it has a variety of other functions as well.

Thankfully such a thing has only happened a small handful of times in the 350 years since the World Defense System's inception. Even then, in each of those times the threats were nothing that couldn't be easily handled by the skilled members of the WDC. Members of the World Defense Committee are selected either directly from Radiant Garden or from specially strong individuals found in the various Touched Worlds, this being worlds who have entered the reach of the World Defense System.
Moving to the present day, for the first time since the inception of the WDS something strange has happened. An abnormality has been spotted. This is something that has never been encountered by the WDS before. While it doesn't seem like much, King Mickey Mouse of Disney Castle is still concerned enough to want to mount an immediate investigation.

With everyone in the WDC busy with various missions, it was decided to send in the newest generation of Keyblade Wielders. Another function of the WDS is to detect any emergences of the Keyblade to prepare for the day that the Heartless become a threat once again. King Mickey hopes that they will be able to investigate the nature of this abnormality and either deal with it or identify it so that the WDC proper can deal with it.

Will this strange signature be nothing at all, or will it be something that takes these Keybladers on a journey far greater than anything they could have anticipated... well... there's only one way to find out, isn't there?

---
I think King Mickey may be worried for nothing if you ask me personally. Tee. Hee. Hee.

But anyway, all this aside this is a Kingdom Hearts RP, one I created a long time ago. One group of newbie Keybladers will discover and investigate a strange signature discovered by the WDS, and from there their journey will begin. Action, mystery, intrigue, adventure, and even dashes of horror will be present here and there.

Of course, this isn't going to be a totally typical KH RP. I may at times stray from the canon unintentionally. If that happens... well... it shouldn't be too upsetting. After all, if you are strictly canon only stuff... then this probably may not be your cup of tea, especially since we won't be exploring just Disney related worlds for both reasons of because I want to go to other worlds and actual plot related reasons that will be explained later (no 4th wall breaks though, probably should mention that, will not be breaking that 4th wall). Worlds of other games, anime, movies, or manga may appear. I am also always up for world suggestions as well.

These will be rather straightforward.
PVP is fine, but keep it civil. If you feel like it is appropriate for characters to come to blows I am all for it. Inter party conflict can be interesting. Just make sure that the player(s) whose character(s) you want to fight approves and you all can decide on an agreed outcome without turning it into a keyblade measuring contest.

No God Modding. Combat will happen, your characters are not invincible. Winning easily, barely scraping by, losing… all of these are par for the course in any long journey.

No spotlight hogging. There is only one main character. His name is Pluto. You are not Pluto. Unfortunately this means you have to share the spotlight with the other players on this adventure. So lets make sure that everyone gets equal time to shine.

Why can't I be Pluto? Because no one can be Pluto. Pluto is Pluto and Pluto is busy being a good boy doing good boy things.

Let's be nice. No OOC drama. We are all here to have some good old fashioned KH fun.

Casual to Adept Writing. I am not expecting people to write books with each post, but no one liners either.

The basic CS Skeleton

Name(s)
The name of your character including any given titles or nicknames they may possess.

Either a Face Claim, a description, or both to include certain information such as height or anything notable about your character's appearance that isn't present in the face claim or that is present but needs to be clarified.

Tell me about your character's personality. What are their strong points? Weaknesses? What drives them? Anything goes really, this is a section for showcasing just what kind of person your character is.

Is your character not fully human? Or are they a human who has been enhanced in some way? Perhaps they aren't even human at all. Or they just are human. If your character is something other than human, tell me about it. Any species goes so long as the species isn't immortal or insanely overpowered by default. Long lived species are fine so long as you yourself aren't some super old monster that would have had no excuse for not spending the last 1000 years or whatever getting super strong.

Some background information on your character. On their world. How did their Keyblade come to them? Your character can be from any kind of world be it an original world of your own making or the world of a specific franchise. Note that this can be ANY franchise. Could be a Disney, Kingdom Hearts, or Final Fantasy world. You could be from the Sword Coast or Azaroth. You could be from the Wastelands of Fallout (Like one character in a previous iteration of this RP. He was a huge fish out of water, it was amazing). Anything is possible really.

You could even be from a Cultivator from a Wuxia or Xanxia novel if you want.

Note though that if you do plan to be from any Non-Disney or Non Final Fantasy world, run it by me first. For… various plot related reasons I may have to turn down being from certain worlds.

Anything important about your character that either doesn't fit in any of the other categories or you feel like its important to make clear, write it here. Just a section for some all important character notes.

Your Keyblade and its given ability or passive affect. If you don't have a picture for it, feel free to describe it.

Any other weapons your character may wield. Note though as your characters aren't supposed to start off too powerful, please don't make them able to use every kind of weapon out there. Just one or two additional main weapons is fine. You can learn how to wield more weapons as the RP progresses though if you so desire, I am all for that.

This section is a bit tricky. This section is where you write down the Abilities your Character has. The Abilities your Character can possess are split up into five main categories as well as a few sub categories and gauge how well your character can operate both in and out of combat. This is not a tabletop so there won't be anything like dice or RPG mechanics involved, but instead the Abilities you possess are a way to gauge the various strengths and weaknesses of your characters to account for various situations.

You are free to consult Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts for any Abilities. Alternatively, you can also utilize the Abilities of another Franchise if you just so happen to be from that world or you can come up with your own unique Abilities. For example, if from a DnD world you could learn DnD Feats or Spells. If you're from Rune Factory you could learn those Spells or Skills. If you are from some kind of species that possesses some kind of special abilities those can also go here, being ones you already possess at the start or perhaps unlock as you go about on your journey and discover more about your own capabilities.

You can also make unique Abilities if you like. You do not have to use Abilities from any franchise if you do not want to.

These Abilities also measure your characters' progression of strength. As your characters are somewhat weak at the start, you will be allowed to start off with 6 Abilities and no more than four Abilities in any of the main categories. As you travel worlds and defeat powerful enemies you will be able to either gain new abilities or upgrade your existing ones. Aside from acquiring new items and gear, this will be the main way your characters become stronger and showcase their gaining of experience over time.

As you are exposed to more worlds and meet more people wielding all different kinds of powers, the types of Abilities you can acquire will expand in scope as well.

Here are the categories of Abilities.

Warrior: Power of the Warrior. A sword to clear your path of enemies. Abilities of this nature are more based on showcasing your powerful physical might. The more [Warrior] Abilities you possess, the physically stronger your character is considered.

Guardian: Power of the Guardian. A shield to protect yourself and your allies. Abilities of this nature are more for defending yourself and even others from adversity and harm. The more [Guardian] Abilities you possess, the tougher and sturdier your character is considered.

Mystic: Power of the Mystic. A staff that grants you access to special mystical powers. Abilities of this nature are all about Magic or utilizing any other form of supernatural or mystical power. The more [Mystic] Abilities you possess the more [Mana] you have and the stronger your mystical abilities are.

Technician: Power of the Technician. A bow that can help you support your allies from close or afar. Abilities of this nature are varied. They are generally about utility. More often than not, Abilities of this nature will have great use both in and out of combat. These are things like enhanced luck, guile, lock picking, crafting, item usage, ranged attacks, or many other such things. The more [Technician] Abilities you possess the more skilled you are.

Messenger: Power of the Messenger. A pair of boots that can help you get to where you need to go. Abilities of these nature are all about Movement. Whether its just movement tricks or maneuvers, small boosts to speed, or more special forms of movement. If you do wish to start off with special Movement Abilities, please don't start off with [Gliding] or [Flying] of any kind unless your from a species already capable of such. In that case, let me know and we will discuss it. Same goes with [Flowmotion]. The more [Messenger] Abilities you possess the quicker you are.

Limit Breaks: Very special ultimate abilities. These consume a huge amount of energy and all your Mana and are best saved as a last resort. If you wish to have one at the start you can, but only one.

Drive Forms: A mysterious ability said to have been possessed by Sora. Allows one to transform to acquire new abilities for a short time. No one can have these at the start. If your species has some kind of natural transformation ability talk to me about it.

Summons: Allies you have befriended can be called to your aid using a unique spell that connects your heart to theirs, allowing you to call them from wherever they are. Alternatively you could just have access to some kind of special summoning magic. Regardless, if you do want to have one, you can, but you can only have one to start. Unlike regular abilities, these are usually only going to be gained from the people that you meet on your journeys. Some Summons may also require multiple people to work together to summon them if they are powerful enough. If you do wish to have a Summon at the start, nothing absurdly powerful like Bahamhut, Lucifer, or some other crazy powerful creature.

IC Link

Last edited:
Hey sorry delayed afain but I promise Jelani will be up soon I have Friday off so will get his intro in

Reactions: Renose
Apologies for my impatience... but is there a chance we could move things on a bit? Not like boldly go, but a bit interaction amongst the characters that are convened?

Apologies for my impatience... but is there a chance we could move things on a bit? Not like boldly go, but a bit interaction amongst the characters that are convened?
I can do something like that. Actually that's a pretty good idea. I'll post after work today.

Alright, been suffering from another damn cold, but I shall post today.

Everyone still poking about?