Keep Finding Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey my names Rune nice to meet you and you are?" he spoke as he held out his hand to shake the young girls hand having a big dumb grin on his face as he held his ax with his other hand he looked at the fairy seeing her beauty as he blushed a little.

Rune watched them blushing a tad as he heard Ku whisper then looked at her looking at the ground and chuckled a little.

The faerie gazed back toward the one who saved her, biting back the urge momentarily to just up and run. This man did, after all, save her from falling to her death. She pondered for a moment on his name and bit her lip. The girl had to give him something. Her hazel gaze went off to one side, shrinking back a bit from the stranger and his touch.

"Leona," she muttered in response.

The Kurureenu looking at the ground heard the name and snorted out a laugh before quickly covering her mouth. She didn't dig as deep as she had hoped into the past Kurureenu's memory, but there were massive parts of distrust over her youth it had seemed. This was clearly a part of this.

"Leona well it is nice to meet you so what are you a human with the power of flight?" Rune asked as he kept staring into the girls eyes getting lost in them.

Rune sighed. "I can't believe I was that dumb and trusting" Rune spoke.

Merari scuffed. "Hate to break it to you rune not much has changed in the dumb subject"

The faerie felt the stranger stare, the gaze making her feel uncomfortable. She turned her head away, breaking eye contact with him. "I'm... Leaving," she responded, her image suddenly melting into nothing as she bent the light around her. She quickly moved her invisible form away, attempting to put distance between herself and... What was his name? Ruin? Rune?

Kurureenu crossed her arms, watching as the younger girl disappeared. "If memory serves me well, it wasn't love at first sight. They kept getting pushed back together over and over and she eventually gave in to what fate was telling her," the woman murmured, shrugging. "He was apparently the only idiot that would put up with her and show her something other than the greed that others portrayed." She swept a sideways gaze toward Rune and smirked. "An idiot through and through."

Rune watched as the girl vanished as he c aught her scent and smirked as he followed her. "You know Leona I can still smell you so going invisible won't work" Rune smiled softly as he rubbed the back of his head. "How about we travel together till we reach the next village its not safe going through this forest alone" Rune chuckled softly "So what you say partners?" Rune turned to his human from.
--+--
Rune watched as he smiled softly. "We may be idiot, but that what makes me me" Rune laughed. "I'll still charge in with out thinking" Rune then turned looking at Ku and smiled softly then looked at Merari who he noticed was watching them. "Well bird how do you kill a god?"

Merari laughed at what Rune asked him. "How about you wait a couple hundred years then ask me that seeing as you became one with that armor your sadly in the same boat as Vivian" Merari then looked at Ku. "And you well you can live a normal life once you take off that ring"

The girl scoffed, reappearing. "I'm not looking to travel with anyone right now," she responded promptly. Her gaze glanced back toward the now human form. "Even if we do, it won't last long. I'll up and leave once I have the chance."

~

Kurureenu shook her head toward Merari's words. "I'm not taking off this ring until I'm done with everything, then. I have a bone to pick with those fuckers for screwing around and using myself and Rune all these years. I know that they're somehow responsible for Liev, too, and they have that to pay for as well." She clenched her fists, feeling the rage ebb at her. "I want them to pay for what they did."

Rune chuckled softly. "Then lets head to the next village and if you still want to split we can deal?" Rune laughed holding out his hand to shake on it.

--+--

Merari sighed "Very well Ku, if your willing to be out of the passage of time with Rune and Vivian so be it" Merari smiled softly as around them begins to change back to the ruined city "Though the gods got what they wanted magic now is slowly coming back and humans will begin to evolve" Merari spoke as he took his human from.

Rune watched as the other Rune and Ku vanished as he sighed. "So Ku what do you want to do now?"

Kurureenu watched as the faerie and the minotaur slowly faded into the distance before turning back toward the men speaking. She glanced between the two before sighing, looking at the ground, then up at the sky. "I want to go after the Gods. They've hurt and killed a lot of people in this effort to reawaken magic, they have used the both of us multiple times, and..." She trailed off, glancing toward the shop that they had been in earlier. She couldn't finish, but she continued. "They need to be dealt with. They can't go on being so reckless with their abilities and causing mass panic and death like this..."

Merari looked at Ku hearing her talking about teaching the Gods a lesson. "Your talking about the Norse, Egyptian, Greek, and India's Gods there Ku it be like going against an all powerful army" Merari spoke as Rune smirked. "Now see Merari that sounds like fun count me in" Rune chuckled.

Merari sighed looking down. "You two are really made for each other aren't you and don't think they'll take your act of war lightly" Merari spoke. Rune sighed. "So I take it the might Ziz will not be helping us take on his bosses?" Merari sighed looking at them both. "No I have to take charge and help you two cause you both have the power of the beasts there for your my responsibility so count me in though right now I have to go see an old friend and his lovely daughter" Merari took off into the air as Rune looked up and watched him leave.

Rune then looked at Ku. "So Ku what happen to you? And I mean what really happen no bull shit either"

Kurureenu smirked when Rune counted himself into the little war, but her smirk fell off from Merari's comment of them being made for each other. Her gaze went over toward the bird-hybrid thing and listened to his words, her smile coming back when he mentioned who he needed to visit. "She's gonna hit you!" she hollered after Merari has he swooped away and disappeared. She watched in awe, remembering how she had flown before, when magic was connecting with the old word and giving her her old gifts back. The woman was more than likely caught staring before Rune's words made it into her conscious.

She sighed, pinching at the bridge of her nose with a sense of irritation. "Of course you wouldn't know. You were the only ghost of a person I had tried to communicate with, so of course I would have gone unnoticed and ignored," she muttered, mostly to herself. She finally swept her gaze over toward Rune, her expression hard and emotionless. "A couple of years ago, Liev was diagnosed with cancer. I'm a widow," she simply informed him. She turned away again, biting back at tears. She was able to see Liev again in the short time she hovered over the line of life and death. She wanted to hug him and kiss him and hold him, but she wasn't even allowed a touch.

"I saw him briefly... He told me that he wasn't going to let me die and convinced me to fight. He told me I had to live for him..."

Rune heard Ku speak about Liev having cancer and how she met him in her near death state as he watched as Ku turned hearing her voice as he sighed softly. "I'm sorry yo hear that Ku, but at least you got to see him again" Rune walked up behind Ku placing an hand on her shoulder. "Are you going to be ok?" Rune asked a worried tone in his voice. "Cause I'm not going to have my partner feeling down"

--+--

Merari made it to the hotel that Arron and Vivian are staying at as he saw there room and landed on the landing as he knocked on the window. Arron sighed hearing someone tapping on the window as he turned seeing Merari and groaned. "Vivian you have a visitor and tell that dam Crow I don't want to see him" Arron spoke still feeling weak his body had gotten older due to the ring.

Kurureenu choked out a laugh, the action coming out with no amusement and dry. "I've been down for awhile now. I've no problem with being that way for awhile longer. I've got some good friends in low places now," she muttered, pulling away from Rune's touch. "Y'know... If Jack and Morgan count." She sighed, pinching at the bridge of her nose once again. Mostly to cover the threat of tears while she tried to calm herself quietly.

~*~

Vivian glanced up from the magazine in her hand, the thing being used as a distraction from waiting on word from Kurureenu and Rune than as entertainment. She wrinkled her nose at the mention of Merari from her father. "Why is he my guest? Why couldn't he just be an intruder and shoo him away with the broom?"

She got up, walking over to the window, opening the surface that blocked the two of them. Without even putting on an act or a second thought, she let her fist fly, aiming directly toward his face.

"That's for being a little douchebag! Ugh... I can't believe I ever had a crush on you."

Rune smiled lightly. "Well you also I got Vivian, Arron, and Me Ku" Rune spoke as he let out a sigh looking up at the dark sky only seeing stars. "Well the world full of magic again Ku" Rune stated as he kept looking up at the sky. "Let hope this won't change the world to much"

--+--

Merari fell back as he got hit in the face by Vivian as he rubbed his face as he begins to laugh at her statement as he got up. "Really you had a crush on me" Merari blushed a tad as he grinned. "Well to be honest I kinda had one on you to though after all that happen I wouldn't blame you for not liking me" Merari sighed. "Though I still have a crush on you"

Arron heard Merari words as he stood up. "God dammit Merari I won't allow you to try to date my daughter" Arron shouted as he came over to the other two throwing a fit. Merari chuckled softly. "Well enough fun for now it's scary how much you two are alike" Merari smiled softly as he looked over to Vivian. "Ku and Rune are both still alive though magic is now in this world they still live and you might like this Vivian there cursed just like you out of time and won't be aging anytime soon"

"I'm going to have to make up for that later," Kurureenu muttered when he pointed out her having him, Vivian, and Arron. "I tried to make out with Vivian, so I'm sure she wouldn't let me touch another ounce of alcohol around her." She sighed closing her eyes and still pinching her nose. This holding back thing seemed to get harder as time went on but she knew that, when this was all over, she could just disappear and cry it out all over again.

~*~

Vivian scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Dad, I didn't even say I wanted to date him. I just thought he was... Kinda cute," she grumbled, her cheeks reddening slightly as she looked away. "And you can't be protective about any potential suitor anyway. I hope to get married one day, dad. If Kurureenu doesn't ruin whatever chastity I still have." She let out a snort of laughter at her own joke. Her attention went back to Merari as he announced the well-being of her friends.

"Thank God she's still okay," she muttered before adding on, "And Rune, too." She held a little more favoritism toward Kurureenu, of course, but she knew that the woman had been through a bit more versus Rune just travelling around the world. She wondered how hard she'd break when she'd loose her love, but quickly expelled the thought from her mind.

"Are they coming back?"

Rune looked at Ku as he sensed something off. "Ku would you like to travel with me" Rune grinned as he looked at Ku. "We can see a bit more of this world and who knows maybe we'll find how to kill a God I'm sure one of the many cultures would have some sort of idea" Rune chuckled softly. "So what do you say want to travel with this dum bull for a bit" Rune held out his hand towards Ku.

--+--

Merari smiled. "Well that's up to them Vivian they can't die nor age for now so what they do with that kind of power is up to them. Arron glared at Merari. "You better not be planing anything else you dam crow" Merari laughed. "I'm not Arron so cool off now if you don't mind I have to go and report to my Bosses" Merari spreads his wings as he takes off. "Oh and Vivian if you want to talk just summon me with that feather I gave you" Merari winked at her and took off as Arron scuffs. "That dam bird I won't allow him to win your heart this I swear" Arron yelled to the night sky as he saw the sun rise

The woman frowned, her tears finally subsiding for the confusion that occurred. She moved her hand, carefully turning toward the man that just offered to let her travel with her. Many cons passed through her mind, but the one pro seemed more tantalizing. You wouldn't be alone. She thought back to home, her house sitting empty, rooms prepared for guests that would never come. She had to leave her job because of her reaction to Liev's passing. She had nothing else to go back to. And now... As long as the ring was on, she had time. Lots and lots of time.

"Okay," she responded, her voice breaking in the process. She turned away again, clearing her throat so Rune couldn't figure out that there was still an onslaught of tears threatening to break through her barriers. "I'll travel with you."

~*~

Vivian scoffed as he flew away, crossing her arms and ignoring his last comment to her. She already knew the feather summoned him. She also knew that he could easily ignore the efforts of her summoning. "I won't be calling if you aren't going to be picking up, you feathered fuck," she muttered, starting to feel more like Kurureenu with her speech. Her mind wandered on how the two of them may be doing for just a moment to hear her father shout out his statement. Her face reddened and she raised her hands. "Dad! The window is open! Everyone can hear you!" Then she turned around and stalked off to her room. "You're always embarrassing me, dad!"

Rune looked at Ku face noticing her face and the tears as he smiled softly. "Let it out Ku its fine if you want alone time to cry I'll go and wait for you in front of Arron's hotel that's if you want me to" Rune spoke as he rubs the back of his head

--+--

Arron laughed as he heard Vivian speak and walk to her room. "What if I don't spot that crow who knows what he'll do he might break your heart" Arron laughed as he coughed feeling weak as he walks to his chair. "Being human sucks" he chuckled

Kurureenu tried to avoid Rune's stare, but he still saw anyway. She watched him with an uninterested stare before responding with a shake of her head. "Don't go," she murmured, the emotional barrier slowly crumbling away as the day began to get to her. "Just stay here... Just don't touch me."

She turned away from him again, making sure her back was facing toward him as she let in a shuddered breath. The woman turned her face upward toward the sky, hugging herself. She wished she had the chance to hold onto Liev again. She felt so lonely otherwise... So confused.

~*~

Vivian scoffed, the door open to her room as she had just melodramatically flung herself onto her bed. "That crow has a lot of work to win me over. It took you many, many years to find mom, so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes me that long as well."

Rune nodded as he smiled softly. "As you wish Ku" he took a seat on some rubble behind Ku as he watched the sunrise. "What a lovely sunrise" he spoke softly as he took a deep breath.

Kurureenu remained quiet, not giving Rune a response, for several moments. Eventually she began to wipe away at her face, wiping the quiet tears away. Her gaze went to the sunrise and she gave a small, sad smile to it. "It's very pretty," she replied, her voice bland, before turning her attention toward Rune. She hoped that she wiped away the tear tracks and that her eyes were no longer red, but she knew that her body would probably betray her.

"I guess now would be a good time to visit Arron and Vivian, then," she informed Rune, coolly walking past him and in the direction of the hotel. She couldn't help but let her gaze linger a second too long on the destruction that had formed... because of them. Just like last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.