"Je ne suis pas important." (Mocking Jayy and Desu

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Kaito Nagamine, darkred, dashed, 10"]Kaito frowned again, returning to his default expression of mild annoyance.

"I guess we got into a... Kinda... An argument? (I dunno. Let's go to my place and hang out there)." Judging by his expression, clearly something bad had happened between the two, and Kaito was deeply upset by whatever it was. The alcohol was really kicking in, and the boy was slurring and leaning heavily against the refrigerator, eyes looking somewhere a bit to the left, in the distance. Something he did when he was acting shy (which was rare) or just being moody.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi sighed, and shut the balcony behind him. He took a deep breath, inhaling air into the deepest reaches of his lungs, filling them full of a sent he loved - despite him going outside to smoke, the whole room still smelled like cigarettes. He liked it that way though, the scent brought him immense comfort, and he flopped back down in his bed, then rolled over to press his body flat against the cool sheets.
Somehow, he was always too warm - always practically a furnace. It was strange, because he always felt so cold inside.

Koshi nuzzled his pillow and sighed, then glanced over at his clock. 5:21... Damn it, all he wanted to do was curl up under the covers and sleep, but it was still too early. He didn't feel sleepy yet - just drained, as always. So, he considered what other things he could do to pass the time. Homework... Already done. Study? Nah. Learn a new song. Yes. It was a shame that he only knew one whole song.
Koshi had a bad habit of usually only learning the funnest or most interesting parts of a tune, and never bothered to learn entire songs. Part of his impressive collection of riffs he knew by heart was the beginning to Iron Man, the first few bits of Enter Sandman, the chord progressions to several Nirvana songs which he never bothered to actually practice, and the first bit of Halleluja - fingerstyle.

Pieces - useless pieces accumulated in his arsenal of musical knowledge. Mismatching and pathetic. Not enough to make a whole.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="May Tachibana, green, dashed, 10"]
Emerald orbs watered slightly, but May refused to cry. Not for something like this.

She was beginning to sober up due to Kaito's actions. It had honestly scarred her that he would have continued his advances further, despite her reluctance. Kaito was much stronger than her and it would have been easy for him...Squeezing her eyes shut, May tried to distract herself, then it occurred to her. She had been planning to return Koshi's call.

Reaching over to her nightstand where the phone rested, she scrolled down her contacts before pressing the little phone icon. May patiently waited for Koshi to pick up, her mind focusing on the call and not on his twin.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Hisao Tachibana, blue, dashed, 10"]
"(An argument?)" Hisao questioned, eyes narrowing a fraction.Just what type of argument did they even have? Perhaps it had been a drunken fit, so he decided to just brush it off for now.

"What about the pizza rolls? I barely heated them up..." Hisao pouted as he turned to look down at the small treats. Then an idea occureed to him. Grabbing a plastic container, he carefully dumped the rolls into it, before sealing it. "(Alright, let's go. Maybe we could play some Black Ops?)" Hisao suggested.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi had been in the process of trying to both play guiar, and somehow hold the laptop up on his bed so he could see the notes he was trying to play. When his phone suddely rang, it scared him so bad that the laptop was dropped onto the pillow, and both him and the guitar fell backwards into the sheets.

Who could that possibly be? Nobody ever called him... Koshi reached for the phone and saw, 'May Tachibana' written across the screen and felt something jitter in his chest, and heat him up even more. He answered reluctantly, feeling immensely shy for some reason. "H-hello?"
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Kaito Nagamine, darkred, dashed, 10"]Kaito ignored Hisao's questioning tone, and watched him pack up the pizza rolls. At the mention of Black Ops, a smile returbed to his face and he nodded excitedly. "Heck yeah. I fixed the second controller so it's not stupid and delayed anymore. C'mon~!"

After snatching the pizza rolls, Kaito somehow managed to get his coat and shoes on, before he grabbed the bottle of Jack Daniels and downed whatever had been left in May's cup before half-dashing, half-tripping outside and over to his house with Hisao.

Upon entering, the boy glanced over at the stairs leaning to the upstairs and grimmaced, worrying about something hos drunken mind couldn't grasp. He placed the container of pizza rolls and the bottle of booze on the coffee table after exclaiming, "Welcome to mi casa~ I have no idea where the toilets are anymore, don't ask. I'm too drunk, find 'em yourself. (Well, Hisao-kun probably knows where they are by now anyway)~"
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
A couple of seconds ticked by before Koshi finally answered the phone call, much to her relief. For a second she had believed that he wouldn't answer her call.

"Hey, Koshi." May greeted, her speech still slurred. Perhaps it would have been better to have waited for her to sober up a bit more then call him. Well, it was too late now. "I just..." Gosh, why was she growing nervous now? Perhaps it was the alcohol. "I wanted to talk to you, since we didn't get much time earlier." She said before snuggling deeper into the covers.
[/fieldbox]

"It's about damn time! ( That whole lagging crap was getting on my nerves.)" Hisao commented while following after the male, but not before taking his keys and cell phone with him. This was why they were good friends, they were always looking after each other, even if it was their fault for putting themselves through trouble.

After much stumbling and mumble of curses, they made it to Kaito's house unharmed, fortunately. "Alright. (Let's get this game started.)" Hisao grinned as he collapsed onto the couch.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi rolled onto his stomach and nuzzled the side of his pillow, trying to cool the blush heating up his cheeks. She sounded a bit strange, and his smile faltered as Koshi began to worry.

"I'm sorry, I meant to call you back, but I got busy... Making dinner." He was such a bad liar that it was clear he wasn't telling the truth, even over the phone, but it would be awful if May dared to ask him to tell the truth, which was entirely possible. Rarely could Koshi get away with lying, he was simply too truthful. What would he say? 'Sorry, I was busy mutilating myself?' Shame burned his cheeks, the tint was no longer the sweet rose of a boy with a crush, but rather the blush that comes when one is being humiliated by their own mind.

"I'm glad that you called..." He said, and a smile came back to grace his lips. It was nothing but sincere, almost painfully so. "How are you?"
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Kaito Nagamine, darkred, dashed, 10"]Kaito flopped down onto the couch beside Hisao after turning on his Xbox 360, the only one of the first batch of Xboxes that had made it through the infamous 'red ring of death.' He fiddled with the repaired controller, and grinned. It seemed to be working just fine. The game was already in the tray, so Kaito only had to select it with the A button to launch.

As he waited, Kaito turned to his friend. "Hisaoooo-kuuun..." He purred, and reached out to grasp the bottle of Jack, and poured at least half of what was left down his throat.
This was guaranteed to either end badly, or with Kaito passed out in the bathtub... Or embarrassingly enough, several times on top of Hisao, which both boys adamantly refuse ever happened.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Koshi's voice was soothing to her ears, though towards the end to his sentence, his tone changed. For a moment, she thought that perhaps something was wrong but she was drunk.

"I'm okay. What about you? Are you feeling better?" The faint white scars that had lined across his arms flashed through her mind. How long has he been doing that? Why had he even done that to himself? The questions threatened to slip off her tongue, but she held them back.

[/fieldbox]

I'll post Hisao's post in the next response

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]"Yeah, I'm ok." He muttered, taking note of how strange her voice sounded - she was slurring her words together in a strange word-paste that made his heart feel like it was breaking apart. Had she been drinking? No, May wouldn't do something like that. Only Kaito would be that foolish, only he would do exactly what Koshi had feared from his father. The frequent sight of Kaito stumbling up the stairs and banging around in the kitchen, off his rocker and entirely wasted, made Koshi feel utterly sick.
He tried to squeeze his pillow to his chest, but winced and almost cried out when he felt pain shoot up his arms in a blinding, white bolt. At least Koshi's self-destructive tendencies didn't hurt other people... Not directly, anyway.

"Did anything important happen when I wasn't in school?" He inquired, rolling over and feeling annoyance creep up his spine when he realized that even holding the phone up to his ear hurt his fresh wounds. He put it on speaker and rested his arms out beside him, palms-up. He deserved his pain. "I'd hate to have missed one of the history teacher's riveting lectures on class participation..." His voice practically dripped with sarcasm, and he sighed.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
"I'm glad to hear that." Despite his words, there was a small feeling creeping along that brought worry to settle in. There was a possibility that he could be feeling horrible, he just didn't want to admit it. Yet, she didn't want to drown him with a series of questions that would surely bring his discomfort and may even scare him away. It was such a delicate subject and it had to be handled with care. One wrong move and everything could come shattering down, which was something she really wanted to avoid.

"Hmm...well we have a quiz this coming Friday for science." May frankly wasn't ready it and would definitely need to study. "Ugh, I hate those lectures. They're unnecessary and a waste of time. Listen, do you want to study together for the science test?" May questioned, hope in her tone.

[/fieldbox]

"Hmm?" Kaito questioned before watching Kaito take a good drink out of the bottle, before he pursed his lips. "(Don't take all that shit for you. Give me some.)" He took the bottle away from Kaito's grasp before lifting it up to his lips and drinking three-fourths of it.

"(You wanna ditch school tomorrow? I heard Ben, Henry, and Isaac were going to chill for a while before going to buy the stuff for the party.)"

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi listened to May, smiling as she spoke. She had such a lovely voice, it sent shivers up his spine and made him want to... Want to let her in, she was trying, he knew she was. Like everybody else he once knew, before he would chase them away with his pin-cushion pains, before they left him to find their happiness. He had seen this pattern constantly repeat itself - first with his mother, Shia, then his brother, who gave up sooner than everyone else becasue, he too, was broken (but hid it so well that nothing but his aggression could give it away) and someone broken can fix anything, Koshi knew.

And that was why Koshi was afraid to let her like him, to let her be his friend... Because if she left, he'd be completely shattered. A lonely boy afraid of being made lonely again, let nobody in. The cycle went onward, ever-so-slowly gaining momentum. "S-study together?" He stammered like an idiot before quickly saying, "Yeah, I'd love to! After school, right?" And now, he had something to look forward to. What a strange feeling, Koshi thought. To look forward to something. How strange it was to desire the coming of the next day, to find happiness in the dawn and in the rising sun. [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Kaito Nagamine, darkred, dashed, 10"]Kaito huffed in protest as the bottle was taken from him, but let Hisao have his share.

He was completely out of his mind at that point, becasue what human could possibly take more than three glasses of whiskey and not die? "Mmmyah sounds good." He slurred, and seeing the bottle still in his friend's hand, he made a sloppy lunge for it... And failed, limply landing on top of Hisao and promptly giving up on life. "Ah, fukken... Shit..."[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
May grinned widely when he accepted her request to study together. "Yeah! We could go to the school's library." She suggested before her mind drifted off to Hisao and Kaito, who would surely hunt them down if they knew she and Koshi were on campus. "Or...how about we go to the coffee shop on third street?" May questioned, hoping he would agree on the latter than the former.

No doubt, Hisao would question where she would be going after school...Maybe she could lie and say she was going over to Jessica's house. She would just deal with it when the time came.

"Hey Koshi...Can I ask you a serious question?" May had a series of questions running through her mind, but it would be imprudent to ask them all. Things would need to go slow.

[/fieldbox]

"What the fuck, Kaito?" Hisao questioned as the male fell atop of him, but didn't really make a move to push him off. Instead, he drank the remaining liquid from the bottle, before setting it down.

"(Why'd you say to go easy on your brother, hmm?)" it hadn't been the first time Kaito made such a request, but it had been the first time Hisao decided to question him about it. It was strange, given that the male held such a great dislike towards his brother yet, still looked out for him in minuscule ways. Maybe it was that whole twin crap. Whatever the case, it was somewhat out of character of him.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]"Oooh, the coffee shop sounds awesome." Koshi said quickly, fearing the school library for the very same reason May did. Plus, she'd see just how much of a massive nerd he was - if they went there, the librarian would recognize him, and so would most of the other bookworms. He could find practically every single section blindfolded, and even knew how many copies of most well-known novels they carried.

Koshi was lucky, because Kaito never cared where he went unless he didn't come back until late night. Koshi figured that was something good - something he could use to his advantage, because he was a bad liar, and if Kaito didn't care, then he wouldn't have to lie. But... It made him sad for some reason.

He was about to say something else when May spoke, and Koshi looked away from the ceiling and down that the phone, under the curve of his arm. "Hm? Yeah, go ahead."[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Kaito Nagamine, darkred, dashed, 10"]At Hisao's question, Kaito dissolved a bit further into doubting himself. "Don't... Don't get angry at me." He muttered out of earshot, and rested the side of his face against his friend.

Kaito always got so clingy when he drank...

It was only under the influence of alcohol that he could be so honest with himself. He needed Hisao, he was so lonely all the time... So wretchedly lonely, and his friend's warmth felt so good under him that he didn't want to go anywhere else. Kaito was wordlessly, immensely grateful that the other hadn't pushed him off. He didn't understand himself, Kaito was such a complicated, strange being that sometimes all he could do was stare at himself and wonder why.

And that was how it felt to bully Koshi sometimes, during the moments that he was the most self-aware. Kaito pressed his cheek harder against the warm thing under him, and sighed - both his body and his heart deflating.

"I hate that little twerp... Such a fuckin' pussy." He hissed. "I hate the fact that he's my twin... That fucker..." No way was Kaito prepared to understand himself that deeply. Koshi was still a massive nuisance, and there was no way he'd tell Hisao what happened without Hisao assuring him about the strength of their bond. He hated looking weak.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Koshi agreed! May's excitement grew tremendously and she had never looked forward to studying so much before. Not only would it give her the opportunity to study, but get to know him more. Well, that is if he opened up to her, which she hoped he did. "Alright tomorrow." May stated, though her expression grew serious when he allowed her to ask him a question.

"What did you mean when you said that you and Kaito hadn't spent much time?" May questioned as she recalled his words earlier.

[/fieldbox]

Hisao felt the male push his cheek against his shoulder, but he frankly didn't mind. He practically viewed him as his brother. They've been best friends since elementary, meaning that they've developed a strong bond.

"You know...you can always talk to me, even if it's just a rant." Hisao murmured as he glanced down at Kaito. Thank the heavens that they were alone and no one was around to witness because surely they would get the wrong idea.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Ah... Thank goodness. For some reason, he had expected May to ask something a bit more... Darker, more frightening to the boy who was so afraid of what he'd have to tell her what she wanted to know, or what he wouldn't be able to clearly say. "Well, when we were six years old our parents divorced..." Koshi swallowed thickly. While that fact didn't bother him - he could talk about their separation and feel like he was reading a book out loud, but it was what came after that always locked his lips, and brought a chill with it - shoved cold fingers into his heart. "And I kinda got suckered into living with our dad, while Kaito went with mom. We only moved back together about two years ago... So we didn't really get a lot of time to spend together. That's probably why we're not really... Close, I guess."

Koshi sighed, and stared at the object beside him through his eyelashes, wondering what it would be like if May was there in person, right there, listening to him... Talking to him. The thought made his stomach do little flips for some reason, and he closed his eyes becasue the feeling was alarmingly pleasant.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Kaito Nagamine, darkred, dashed, 10"]Kaito looked up at Hisao while the other boy looked down at him, and their gazes met - grey to blue (???) like a windy sky and a calm ocean. His lips became a thin line as he weighed his options, but really couldn't understand how to set the scales when he was so drunk.

Kaito always found it easy to trust. "I... I don't like him, and at the same time... While I yell at him and beat him up, and get so fuckin' pissed off, there's this part of me that loves him, and I can't get rid of that part. I want to, I want to so badly, becasue I really don't want to like him - he's so weak and pathetic. But he's my brother, and I don't want him to hurt himself... My little brother, kinda... Since I was born first. And fuck him, we can be mean to him all we want... But not now, not for a little while." Kaito's hand clutched the front of Hisao's shirt and the male grimaced like he was being force-fed lemons. "He's a massive idiot..."[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
May waited patiently in silence, giving him the opportunity to start when he was ready. When he finally did start, she listened intently trying to get a hint of just what exactly was going on between him and Kaito because that terrible relationship they had was not healthy. If anything, it was destructive and would surely result in something far worse. Koshi was already doing self harm, something she hoped she could help him on.

"I see." She murmured, but that still didn't give Kaito an excuse to act that way towards his brother. "He's quite mean...You two are completely different personality wise. You're much nicer."

[/fieldbox]

Hisao's blue colored orbs met Kaito's and a second later it was as if they had opened the gates to his mind. A series of words flooded out of his mouth, yet he caught on to every word giving him an understanding of what was going on.

"Kaito...he's hurting himself again?" Hisao questioned as he closed his eyes and breathed out a sigh. This wasn't good. The kid was cutting and that could lead to something fatal. He could already see that if something happened to the kid then Kaito would surely be affected by it; no matter how hard he would try to not be. "Alright, we'll leave him alone for a while. I'll stop the others that way you won't have to explain yourself." Hisao promised as he glanced down at him again.

"It's alright, Kaito. He is your brother whether you like it or not. Maybe the fact that he's your twin makes you worry over him."
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi smiled at the phone after May spoke, warmth bubbling up in his chest and leaving him a bit breathless. "Thank you... I uh, think you're nice too." The blush came back to his cheeks for a moment, and he gave the phone a dorky smile.

So many other words wanted to come out of his mouth - he wanted to tell her so much more. All his secrets were weighing down on him too heavily, and his shoulders were breaking, dislocating under the weight. Instead, he settled on talking about Kaito.

"He's... I think he's confused, you know. Kaito, I mean. I feel like there's more to him than just that constant scowl. He was nice before the divorce, I always got the feeling that he really wanted to be strong for me when we were little - I was a crybaby, and I... I guess I still am. I think being mean was how he coped with the divorce... He wanted to be so strong that he crossed the line and made himself cruel. And that was how he began coping with all kinds of other problems." Koshi stopped speaking and locked up - was he saying too much? Could he really trust May? She was Kaito's friend after all, and Kaito's friends were never nice to him... It was too late to think about all of those things now, the dam had already broken.

But, he remembered her sitting beside him, walking with him, her trying to reach out to him. Those weren't things that mean people did. They certainly were unusual for a stranger to do. "I'm sorry, am I talking too much...?" He gave a shy chuckle.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Kaito Nagamine, darkred, dashed, 10"]Kaito turned a bit and buried his face into Hisao's shoulder. Oh gosh, this was getting really gay, really quickly... But Kaito didn't care. He needed this, he needed someone... May's rejection only made him more clingy, and wore him down to the softness of his core.

"It's worse than that..." He muttered, "That's why I want us to stop for a while. I don't know why suddenly... Suddenly he's so... You know, I wouldn't have stopped us otherwise. We can hurt him all we want, but I don't want him to be the one doing the hurting to himself... Not when he might..." Leave me all alone, Kaito wanted to say. For the past two years he's been mocking Koshi, there were moment where the two would sit together, or Kaito would tell Koshi about life alone with their mother, or how much he missed her - where he could be truthful, and feel no fear about looking weak.

Because talking to Koshi... Was easy. Well, Koshi never judged. Never made a face that suggested he found something Kaito said silly, or stupid. Whenever he spoke, Koshi would look up at him with silver, full-moon eyes and give him his full attention, probably because any kind of talking that didn't involve verbal abuse rarely occurred between the two. When it did, Koshi knew to treasure it.

"Don't stop the others... Let them do whatever the fuck they want... I can tell that what they say doesn't really bother him all that much, I think. I think it's what we say that bother him." Because they tended to go too far - him and Hisao go too personal. Flashbacks of pulling Koshi's sleeve up to May went through his mind and Kaito shuddered, and bit his bottom lip.

"I did something bad..." He said, and lowered his arm to tuck it in the space between Hisao's arm and torso, where it was warm and comfortable, and safe. Hisao would never judge him, Hisao would never betray him, Hisao cared about him, and he cared about Hisao - a lot. "I went too far. Koshi was sitting with May during lunch, and a went up to them... Seeing them together really pissed me off. So I tricked him, got him to trust me... And pulled his sleeve up to show May his arm. Jesus Christ - The face he made at me... It was like I stabbed him or something. I've never seen him make a face like that before. I really fucked up." Usually Koshi looked... Unresponsive, or distant when Kaito began his taunting. But that time... That time, in the grey depths of his eyes - Koshi had really looked like he was in immeasurable pain.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
May had taken a psychology course the year prior and she had to analyze, for an assignment, what a divorce could cause to the not only the parents actually going through it but the children they had. What came out of that research was that everyone coped in their own way given that they were affected by it.

It honestly upset her that Koshi had to go through something like that, he didn't deserve that pain much less the pain he felt due to his brother's actions.

"No, no. You're not talking too much, Koshi." May said while shaking her head, though stopped when it occurred to her that she was alone. "I know it's hard to believe but...everything gets better with time. Trust me." May said as she thought back to when she was much younger. Who would have thought that this would be her new home with a family that loved and cared for her. They had accepted her and welcomed her with open arms. "I just don't think it's fair for your brother to act that way." Instead of trying to get along and get through this together, he was harming his brother and none of them were helping each other. "If you ever need to talk then I'm here Koshi. I'll listen."

[/fieldbox]

Hisao felt the male press his face against his shoulder, but he frankly didn't mind. Kaito was clearly having an internal struggle and he needed someone to comfort him or at least listen to him. "I'll stop." Hisao murmured, before raising his left arm slightly to place it over his shoulders, though his actions were hesitant. This was such a compromising position and anyone would rely get the wrong idea upon seeing them.

"Are you sure you don't want to tell them anything?" It wouldn't be difficult to stop the rest of them. Just a couple words, maybe a threat or two with a shove.

Hisao listened to Kaito as he told him of what he did. "Well...at least it was May and not someone else. She's far too nice. " If anything, it would result in her trying to help the male overcome his demons and he knew because she was his sister, maybe not by blood but by heart. "Kaito...I think it's best if we do leave him alone for a while. Hopefully it'll be enough time to stop him from hurting himself."

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi looked over at the phone again, brows furrowing.

"I don't think so. It doesn't really get better."

There was a long pause, and he couldn't resist the water filling his lungs again.

"I think people like to tell themselves that... But really, life is a run-on sentence with a lot of commas in a really sad book - one bad thing after another, punctuated by very few good things in-between." Is it all really worth it? His gaze wavered up to the ceiling, and ghosted over the whiteness above him, lost and lost in the world - there was no 'found' when you were as numb as he was. He's seen it countless times before - the cycle. Peace, finally a moment of repose on the long road of life, and then something would happen, and he'd get rammed off the road by an 18-wheeler.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Kaito Nagamine, darkred, dashed, 10"]"Yeah, let the others do what they want." Kaito didn't want to look weak to them, he didn't want them to think he was soft. That would be like the end of the world for him and his fragile ego. Hisao's arm hesitantly settled over his shoulders, and the other surely could feel the air leaving Kaito's lungs in a comfortable sigh.

Kaito was such a hedonist. That was one of the primary features of his personality. Some things felt good, and it didn't matter where they came from, whom, man or woman, he needed love in all of its aspects.

Thinking about May and Koshi made Kaito's scowl come back full-force. "Yeah, she's nice..." After a moment, Kaito looked up at Hisao with a pout. "Whenever we see them together, let's separate them. They piss me off when they're like that. Seriously." [/fieldbox]

Last edited:
May silently listened to Koshi's words, processing them in. There was a time where May thought exactly like that: things will never get better. She had felt as if the world was crumbling around her, with no way for it to stop. Thankfully, she managed to make it out of that negative situation and into a brighter present and that's exactly what she wanted to bring to Koshi. A better day, a brighter future. Just something positive to lift his spirits up and keep him from thinking that way.

"I understand how you feel, believe me. I had believed that nothing gets better...but it does. One way or another it gets better. You just have to keep fighting, Koshi. You have to keep your head up." May rolled onto her stomach as she starred at the wall across from her. It was practically a collage, given that she had a vast amount of photos randomly posted on the wall. They varied from when she had just moved her to the present.
[/fieldbox]

"Alright." Hisao nodded as he felt the male relax under his arm, which let him tighten his hold a bit. relaxing against the couch, Hisao glanced down at the male before averting his gaze to the ceiling as he thought about Kaito's relationship with Koshi. Ever since Koshi came, two years ago, they've made his life hard. How wold have things been if he had that type of relationship with May, given that she wasn't actually his sister.

"Hmm?...alright. I don't like how close their getting either all of a sudden. Why now?" Hisao grumbled.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi nodded to himself, knowing that it did, indeed, get better.. And then worse.

And he was weak, oh so very frail, so very, very tired. He was sure that he could not make it past the bad that was bound to come - he was already bowed under the weight of the world, and could not find a reason to stand back up. Had May really felt this way before? She was so very whole, all smiles, warmth and sunshine. Surely she could have never been so broken - as broken as he was. Something whispered in his heart, something echoed there when he thought of her - something making pleasant tendrils of comfort crawl up his spine. He wanted to see her, her eyes, her smile. Something so very ancient, sacred, and sweet was in her gaze - an olden power, wrought by ancient gods, spoken of in songs by wary troubadours - he felt like he... Wanted to reach out to someone, after all these years. At least, that was how he wanted to feel.

Surely, the heart could not lie. She was to be worshiped by him. Koshi was done making the blank walls of his room the apple of his eye (perhaps that was why his eyes were so blank, so sad-looking), he wanted to reach out to her too. But she would have to teach him how.

"Yeah..." He replied, vacant and empty, because he had heard those words a million times before from a million different people.

And then Koshi couldn't think of anything to say, because he did not agree with her, and couldn't make himself believe in her words. But, an idea came, and with it also came his smile. "Like I said, I really want to get to know you better... Do you want to play 21 questions? You can go first." There was no limit to what kind of questions she could ask him, and he had to answer her truthfully. As truthfully as possible.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Kaito Nagamine, darkred, dashed, 10"]Kaito shrugged against Hisao, and answered, "I dunno. Maybe Koshi finally got the balls to talk to her, and knowing her, she took pity on him. Poor May, she's too nice... Now she has to deal with that loser," He grumbled, realizing that he was not as drunk as he wanted to be... But, the bottle was empty.

He glanced up at Hisao through drooping eyelids, and made bold by the alcohol in his system. "Hey... I hope you don't mind me asking this, but I was curious for a long time... I know May is adopted... Do you know anything about where she came from though?" Kaito had sense of tact, surprisingly - he knew that some questions were simply too personal to ask... But, he had known Hisao for years, and there was a strong bond of trust between the two.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
"Yeah..."

It sounded so disheartened and just plain...hopeless. Had he really been knocked down so low that he didn't have faith in things getting better? It made her angry to think that someone would purposely kick him around for no valid reason. There was no excuse for behaving in such a way and she wanted nothing more than to beat up all of those bastards who've converted him into such a defeated being.

It was then that she made it her official objective to make him happy-to give him hope.

At his suggestion of twenty-one questions a small smile settled into her lips. "Sure...What's your favorite thing to do during your pass time?" May questioned, before waiting for his response.

[/fieldbox]

"Well as long as we interfere with their little interactions, they won't get the chance to get to know each other." Hisao murmured as his free hand, subconsciously, reached up to scratch his chin. May didn't need for such a dark person to come and taint the happiness she had spent months trying to achieve when his parents had barely adopted her. He would only drag her down back into that dark hole and he didn't want that. He loved May and he wanted what was best for her and Koshi wasn't that, quite the opposite actually.

At Kaito's question, Hisao hesitated for a brief moment before starting down at the male with a serious expression. "You have to promise me that what I tell you, you'll never mention to anyone much less May." Hisao trusted Kaito a lot, enough to tell him what he knew about May's past.

"I'm not exactly sure where she came from, but I know that she had previous foster parents before mine. Her previous foster parents were...not exactly fit to raise a child." Hisao's jaw clenched and his free hand formed into a fist. It had honestly angered him on the fact that she had been sent to such a horrible 'family'. He still remembered the day May opened up to him about her first adoptive parents. She had cried in his arms and it had frankly infuriated him that they would dare hurt such a nice, well spirited girl. "They were alcoholics and often times they would become abusive towards her."

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.