"Je ne suis pas important." (Mocking Jayy and Desu

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Koshi, azure, dashed, 10"]"I dunno... It's the smell, I think. I like the way creamy things taste though... Ah, I'll help you out with making more cake."

He watched with fascination as she accepted the piece, eyes wide and wonder-struck at the delicate movement of her body, and the soft smile on her lips. Koshi had been so afraid of those things - he was still afraid, perhaps, and so he didn't rush forward again. May's rejection after their earlier kiss made things more complicated- he would have probably done the same, yet he was over sensitive enough to overthink it again. He lowered his eyes to his plate, and eagerly continued consuming the cake.

"Heh, that's just a sign of how good it is..." Koshi paused for a moment. There had been a question on his mind ever since yesterday, yet he had been hesitant to ask it.

"Is it hard living with Hisao? I mean... I'm sorry, it's just that, the way that he treats me..."
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="May, green, dashed, 10"]
May only chuckled and shook her head in response to his words. She doubted that the cheesecake was as good as he was pinning it out to be. His next question caught the girl off guard and for a moment she sat there with her brows furrowed. "No, it's not. I mean...we're siblings. We've grown up together and it feels like we're actually related." May answers truthfully before glancing up at him. "I know he acts horrible to you and others at school, but he's...a good brother to me."

May recalled the moment he had pushed her and her hitting the side of the table...She knew that he hadn't meant it, but he had been the least person she had expected it from.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, azure, dashed, 10"]Koshi nodded. May's reply made sense - but some part of him had expected Hisao to act just like Kaito acts at home, but the fact that he didn't brought Koshi relief.

"I'm sorry that I hit him..." He muttered again. Kaito was the one that deserved it the most - he acted awful beyond the house, and even when home. Even worse, he never saw what it did to people - most were like Koshi, afraid to say anything, or fight back against the well-muscled male, especially due to his violent streak. Koshi reached out and touched the outside of May's hand, fingers carefully hovering in place as he waited to see how May reacted. He was still so uncertain about how far he could push things with her - but there was a part of him that was drawn to her so powerfully that he did not want to leave her side, even for a moment. The soft pad of his finger traced along the ridge of her ring finger's tendon, sliding up to run over the joins of her finger absent-mindedly.
He was barely thinking about what he was doing - that much was clear by how distant his gaze was. Koshi was once again deep in his thoughts, chewing on a morsel of cheesecake.

"I wish there was a good side of Kaito..."[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
May only shook her head with a light smile. "It's okay. I think he needed that." What Hisao and Kaito needed was for someone to stand up to them, to show them that it always isn't how they want things to go, but everyone was scared to do it. She didn't blame them though, Kaito band Hisao had the whole football team on their damn side.

Feeling his fingers over her hand, May glanced down at her hand for a second before intertwining her fingers with his. "I'm sure he does have one...but it's deep, deep, deep inside of him...Maybe he just doesn't show it." May murmured as her gaze lingered on their hands.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, azure, dashed, 10"]Koshi watched as May shifted her hand to let their fingers intertwine, and he gave her a small, uncertain smile while he finished his half of the cheesecake, and set the fork down before using his free hand to pass the plate to her, letting her have her half.

"Maybe... I dunno. I guess if he has friends, then they must see that part of him." His eyes were glued to the sight of May's small digits held gently between his own, and he felt at shiver run down his spine at the feeling of their palms pressed together. He had no doubts in his mind about May, not anymore. She wasn't spending time with him out of pity, nor did she have any malicious intent to harm him. She was perfect, entirely there for him - a true friend. He wanted to be that for her as well. Their kiss lingered in the back of his mind, sweeping his heart into a storm of confusion again - there was more, but did May want to acknowledge it?

"Hey, I can sleep on the couch... Your parents don't have to ready an entire room for me, you know?"[/fieldbox]

"If that's the case then maybe Hisao has seen that side of him." May murmured as she thought about what Koshi had said about his brother and his love interest. Had Hisao...? No there was no way.

May took the fork from the plate and got a piece of cheesecake before eating the morsel. The chocolaty flavor exploded in her mouth. She was surprised that it still tastes good after being in there for a few days. "Oh come on, Koshi. We're not gonna make you sleep on the couch." May chuckled while shaking her head. "It'll be fine. I'm sure my parents won't mind."

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, azure, dashed, 10"]Koshi glanced down, rubbing soothing circles into May's hand with his thumb. He reciprocated her chuck with a brighter smile - loving the sound of her laugh - crisp, clear and melodic, like a brook, a spring-time river. He wanted to hear her do it again, and more often, even at his expense.

He bit his lip, bashfully. If the guest room was far away from May's room, he'd refuse to stay there. The couch seemed to be the closest to May that he could sleep - even knowing that the lived next door to him would make his sleep so much more restful - the idea of a friend being so close made him feel somewhat safer in his torrid dreamscape. "Alright, if you say so... Hey, maybe it'll help convince them if we make dinner for your parents? What do you think...?" [/fieldbox]

"Dinner...?" May questioned as she took another piece of cheesecake into her mouth while thinking it over. "I think it could help." She nodded with a small smile before getting another forkful of cheesecake and leaning over to put it close to his mouth.

Even if they didn't make dinner, May was sure that they would let Koshi stay. They weren't mean people, a bit strict when they had to be, but otherwise they're amazing. As long as they believed their story everything would work out.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi, azure, dashed, 10"]Koshi hesitantly glanced down at his hands as May gathered cheesecake on her fork, and directed it towards him. A riptide opened in his chest, and his cheeks went dusty-pink as he leaned closer to take the fork into his mouth, lips closing around the morsel as he pulled away, chewing thoughtfully. "What do you think we should make?" He asked after a comfortable moment, reading recipes recorded in his mind off the top of his head - all seeming too complicated for a meal on short notice.

"Maybe we can make something that you like?" He asked, finding the confidence to look up and meet May's gaze again. He eyes startled him back into hiding with their brilliant green, and looking away, Koshi fiddled with the sleeves of his jacket. [/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.