"Je ne suis pas important." (Mocking Jayy and Desu

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi's eyes widened, and he practically beamed at the phone. "R-really? You don't have to..." Never before had anyone done something so nice to him. All thoughts of May taking care of him for no good reason were washed aside, and he sat up, staring at the phone with immense uncertainty.

"May..." He wanted to say she was too nice, but he was afraid she'd get meaner for some reason, and he wouldn't be able to handle that.
Koshi missed May's muttering as the girl stumbled.
"I really like... I dunno, argh. I have a huge sweet tooth." He admitted, chuckling. "But other than that, I really like seafood... And all kinds of other things. Everything but... For some reason, I hate celery." He stuck his tongue out and grimaced at the thought of it - Koshi hated it with all the passion his soul could muster.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Kaito Nagamine, darkred, dashed, 10"]Kaito furrowed his eyebrows and pouted as his hand was slapped away, but reached for the other controller anyway. "More like first... First..." He couldn't think of a good response with the room spinning around him. "First asshat."[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="May Tachibana, green, dashed, 10"]
"But I want to." May grinned as she stood atop the stairs, trying to figure out how the hell she was going to get down without falling. Why did I have to get drunk? She tightly gripped the railing with her free hand, to the point where her knuckles turned white. "A sweet tooth? Haha...celery ain't that bad, but thanks for telling me." May chuckled. Taking her first wobbly step down the stairs, she found it somewhat easy so she began her slow trek down the stairs. She felt like an idiot for going at a slow pace but she was sure that if she went any faster then she would fall.

"Mmm...well, would you like some salmon and white rice? I can also bring a sweet. Just tell what sweet you like."
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi smiled sweetly, finding that he wished he could see her now. But it was late, likely too late to ask her if they cold hang out today. He missed such close contact with people who didn't want to throw thing at him, or yell. And the only friends he had here were... Weren't all there. Koshi answered, "That sounds amazing, I love salmon... It's my favorite kind of fish... And I... I think think you're already sweet enough." He blushed and chuckled at his own bravery, hoping the comment wouldn't annoy her. The last girl Koshi knew hated how cheesy he could sometimes get.

"I need to do something in return then... Hmm..." But nothing really came to mind. He wondered if he could sing for her, but his songs were too... The boy bit his lip. Maybe he could make her something in return? "If you want, you can come over for diner whenever you like."[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
May paused halfway down the stairs, her cheeks flaring up into a blush. The words had been so smooth leaving her a bit embarrassed. This type of attention was rare. She had never flirted before so she frankly didn't know what to say. Instead, the girl settled for giggling like a massive idiot. "Oh...I...Heh." May mentally face palmed at her lack of social skills. "No, no that isn't necessary." May murmured but he still offered something in return.

May didn't do things for others and expected something in return. It was just something out of the kindness of her heart, but she'll admit, going to his house sounded appealing. "Okay...well um, how about Sunday?" May questioned as she continued to make her way down the stairs. Reaching the base of them, she headed towards the kitchen and avoided glancing at the coffee table that surely still had the bottles they had been drinking.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi smiled, somehow catching her off-guard felt nice, and he wanted to flatter her as much as possible all of a sudden. Frankly, he hadn't expected for her to accept his offer, but she did, and it made Koshi beam. "Yeah, Sunday sounds... Oh, um..." He thought for a moment. Koshi didn't want Kaito to be home when he was hanging out with May, too many bad things already happened when his brother saw them together in school.

But then, Koshi remembered that Kaito was going to some kind of party or whatever, so likely he wouldn't be home that day at all. "Yeah, Sunday is perfect." He laid back down onto the covers and stared wistfully at the phone, wishing he could see her sooner. He was afraid of what he was feeling, becasue last time didn't go so well for him... Last time, books and phones were thrown at him, and smiles turned to grimaces and shouts, then back to smiles... But May seemed so much kinder than his ex. She seemed so much more intact, and whole. Argh, why was he thinking like this? Koshi quickly reminded himself that May probably thought he was a total weirdo - a creep with self-destructive tendencies. [/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="May, green, dashed, 10"]
"Alright then, it's settled. Sunday. Do you want me to bring anything? Desert? Candy?" May questioned as she stepped into the kitchen and headed straight for the fridge to check if they did have salmon. "Ah, crap." She swore under her breath. Her mother had used the remaining salmon to make her lunch. "Looks like I'm going to have to go to the grocery store." May chuckled as she checked for everything else that she would need. What time was it? 6:00 p.m. It wasn't that late, the place didn't close until ten. It would give her enough time to sober up before she went to go buy what she needed.

"Hey...I know this is a strange question but what helps you sober up?" May questioned as she leaned against the counter.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi smiled and said, "No, it's fine. It'll be my turn to treat you." So many plans were being made - it made him so happy, feeling like he had someone to do things with. He gave a content sigh and tilted his body, laying back down onto the covers. He rested on his side, with his arms before him, under his chin and with fingers curled inward. May's next few words made him feel a bit bad, he really didn't want her to have to go shopping just for him, but before Koshi could remind her that she didn't have to, her question sent a cold feeling down his spine.

"S-sober... Up?" He muttered, feeling his nose crinkle in disgust. Not necessarily at her, but at the thought of alcohol. Too many people had hurt him under its influence. "You were drinking? Were you drunk this whole time?" The tone was hurt and confused - of course May wouldn't talk to him sober, he was a loser - there was no way she'd consciously make the decision to be nice to him... Had all of her plans, all of her niceness been a result of intoxication? His heart throbbed painfully in his chest - oh, the boy was much too sensitive for his own good. [/fieldbox]

May didn't realize her mistake until she heard the hurt in his voice. Yet, she didn't understand why he was hurt, but now that she had said it, she wasn't going to back out of it. Telling the truth was a hundred times better than lying. "Yes, I was-kinda still am-drunk. This had been my first time ever trying alcohol. I didn't...think it through." May murmured as she closed hers eyes and rested her face in her hand. Why had she asked him that? "I don't plan on drinking again anytime soon." The girl added quickly. She felt like a horrible person for even daring to lift a bottle of beer up to her lips. What had she been thinking? "It was a mistake."
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi listened to her words, taking deep breaths to still the throbbing of his heart. She sounded somewhat more sober, being able to understand the consequences of her actions. She'd never drink again? Koshi wanted to be positive, but he had heard that too many times before.

But it was better hearing it than not, because it meant there was hope. The moment his father stopped insisting he'd change was the moment the worst things started happening... That was when he could press him down, and not fumble around and accidentally let go. It was so much more intentional.

Koshi shuddered, and took several more deep breaths to clear the images from his mind. "Drink plenty of water..." Koshi muttered. "Do you still want to play 21 questions?"[/fieldbox]

For a moment she had believed that Koshi hung up on her, but she pulled the phone away from her ear the line was still going so she put it back up to her ear. What confused her though was the fact that Hisao hadn't told her anything, he just let it happen. Normally the male would be against it, and would remind her that their parents wouldn't like it. Yet, she was old enough to distinguish between what was right and wrong and old enough to make her decisions. She couldn't blame this on Hisao when she had been the one to grab the bottle and put it against her lips to drink the beer.

Koshi finally answered her question and she walked over to the cupboard to pull out a glass cup. "Ah yeah, but can you ask the questions?" May gripped the cup while she filled it up with water before taking a big gulp of it.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]May still had several questions left, but Koshi decided that it wasn't a bad idea to switch... He had things that he wanted to know as well. It made him a bit nervous - he was always shy when it came to getting to know people better... Probably because Koshi knew the closer he got, the more painful it was when people hurt him.

"Hmm... What's your favorite color?" It was a silly thing to ask, but Koshi figured why not? He was too scared to ask anything else.[/fieldbox]

May set the glass cup aside on the counter while she listened to his question that caused her to lightly chuckle. "My favorite color is navy blue." May answered, despite how simple it was. "You can ask me personal questions too, if ya want." May added before taking another drink of water. She would surely answer them, he deserved that given that she had asked some pretty deep questions.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]"O-Ok." Koshi blushed at her words for some reason... Finding it difficult to grasp a single question from within the jumble inside of his head. He figured her family life was normal, her past had to be normal too... And Koshi wondered if she would tell him something he didn't think he knew. Or perhaps, she was simply much better than him at hiding, and dealing with her troubles and past experiences.

"Uh..." 'Seriously, why do you hang out with me?' "What does your... Mom do?" Koshi mentally face-palmed. Wow, what a great question. Why was he so bad at this game? [/fieldbox]

Lifting the glass cup up to her lips, May took another drink, finally finishing it. She set the cup into the sink with a small smile, given that he seemed surprised at the fact that she allowed him to ask personal questions, though...he didn't seem like he was going to do that anytime soon. "She works as a real estate agent." May answered while making her way towards the stools to take a seat on the island counter.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]"Oh, cool." He relied to May's answer, and while it was interesting to know, Koshi realized that... There was something else he had wanted to ask, but for some reason, he was afraid to.

"Why were you drinking?"

There was a lump in his throat, and his voice sounded as if he expected some kind of terrible, dark answer. He could think of no other reason but a tragic one to why someone would drink after school, on a weekday, and alone. He knew his brother did it, but it was only because the guy had no idea how to talk to people without a few drinks. Kaito was far from socially awkward (well, maybe a bit too grouchy), but the male was usually incapable of deep conversation without either Hisao being present, or a few glasses of whiskey.[/fieldbox]

May should have seen this question coming the moment she had asked him what she could do to sober up, yet it still came as a shock. She honestly didn't want him to know that she had been drinking with Hisao and Kaito. It made warning bells go off in her mind. Perhaps it was due to the reason that they were his tormentors and if he knew that she hung out with them, then what would he think of her? Would he think of her to be evil just like them? Maybe he would think of this-her talking to him-as a joke set up by those two dumb asses.

"I just got curious. I'v never tasted it before and well my parents aren't here so it was the perfect opportunity." May closed her eyes, hoping he bought into her semi-lie. It was technically the truth, she just didn't add details-two important details to be exact. "But like I said, I'm never doing this again anytime soon. I...I for a second felt a bit free, but it was gone quick and I'm not one for quick escapees of reality." People sometimes drank to escape reality and for a moment-a brief moment-she had done that, but the moment Kaito tried to advance on her caused for her to come crashing down. "Sorry, um...what's your next question?"
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi wondered what the girl's hesitation meant, and searched for its meaning. Perhaps his reaction had been over the top, and she was scared of being honest... Or, there really was some dark, lurid thing in her mind that she was trying to escape from. May's words put Koshi's mind at ease, however... It had merely been and experiment, it wasn't like Kaito, nor his father. Someone like her wouldn't be as depraved as the two that had hurt him.

She wasn't one for quick escapes from reality. She was what he was not - Koshi searched for a means to escape life all the time - after all, he wasn't happy. His mind had the tightness, and dark constriction of a cage. He was the sullen-eyed tiger prowling behind its bars, circling, and circling, and cycling endlessly for lack of a better thing to do, and for lack of freedom in his headspace. Sadly, the thought-patterns his mind followed were hard to break, like the stripes on a tiger's body... They were as patterns really are - repetitive, and blessed with a very unfortunate sensitivity and capability for introspection that would certainly lead him to self-ruin. Certainly, his thinking was unusual for one so young, and for one with such fine features... An onlooker would expect the male to do as his brother did - grasp life and shake it, bark in laughter like a mad dog and howl smiles at the sun. But no, Koshi writhed in pain, alone and ever-uncertain of himself. Why wasn't he like the others, who were free in the flowering jungles of their minds? Why was he so tormented, switching only between apathy, depression, and sometimes small, polite smiles? He had been led down this path, but regretted letting himself sink so deeply into the ocean of his mind... He walked into the cage on his own, no tempting was necessary - he even locked it behind himself. But, he did not throw the key out of reach. No, that had been done for him by other people.
Koshi was afraid to be alone, yet made himself so lonely... He was a prince that sold his empire to slavers and peasants, tore massive bells from his gold-steeped towers, those vocal chords that spat his hurt and sang in gold and silver, so he could never cry out for help from anybody ever again... And yet, there was this girl.

What was his next question?

Can you help me? I got myself into a mess, I sank my ship, and I can't swim.

"It's ok, I understand. Everybody tries alcohol at least once in their lives, right?" Except him. "Do you have any secret skills, or hobbies?" He asked, and almost added, 'other than making me feel like my heart might beat out of my chest?'
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
For a moment, May had believed that the male would call her out on her bluff but he didn't. Instead he treated it as if it wasn't a really big deal, which was good. Now she wouldn't have to explain into detail on her first time getting drunk. "Heh, yeah...I guess." May agreed, though she wasn't really comfortable with the topic. Thankfully he moved on to another question.

"Well, I draw as a hobby. I also like to watch movies." May answered as she thought back to the bookshelf in her room. The furniture didn't even carry a single book. It was just six shelves full of movies and they ranged from kid movies to sappy movies. It was quite a collection and often times her family made fun of her for it. "I have a collection of 'em." May said as she walked into the living room and took out her small purse from her backpack, before sliding the strap over her shoulder. The brunette made her way over towards the front door and pulled on her shoes, before exiting. She was going to go buy the rest of the ingredients she needed for tomorrows snack.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Koshi Nagamine, lightcyan, dashed, 10"]Koshi brightened considerably as he listened to May - she was like an antidote, never before had the sickness of gloom been lifted from his mind so many times in one hour.

"You draw? That's awesome. Art is an amazing thing." Koshi commented, then said, "I like movies too. I also have a collection - old VCR tapes, and also newer DVDs and stuff in my room... The VCRs have kids movies on them from when I was little, so I don't watch those as often." He glanced over his shoulder at the large, neatly organized row of DVDs adorning one of the shelves in his room.

Naturally, the next question came easy. "What's your favorite genre of movies, or your favorite movie overall?" He was cheating a bit with his questions, but firstly the boy couldn't settle on a single thing he wanted to know, and second... He cared more about getting to know May than sticking to the rules of the game. The whole idea had been his excuse to ask the girl direct questions without coming across as weird for caring too much, or annoying for constantly asking about stuff like colors that might not seem important to May, but for some reason, completely captivated the boy.
Subconsciously, he was looking for things they had in common, and his mind had already landed on an important similarity... At least, something he thought was a similarity. They wanted to spend more time with each other. That... That was a treasure, and Koshi held onto it for dear life. The boy hoped that it was true - but if it wasn't, May wouldn't have offered to sit with him, meet with him, and he wouldn't have invited her to eat with him.
For the first time in a long while, Koshi was reaching out, and it felt good to stretch beyond his shell.
[/fieldbox]

Koshi's tone of voice changed significantly and it sounded much more cheery. "Yeah, it really is." May agreed with the male. Art truly was a wonderful thing. It gave her a way to express herself when no words could. "Oh my god! Really? The little kid movies are ways the best," May giggled as she recalled her own collection of kid movies. The whole lot of them were Disney movies.

"My favorite genre? Well I don't know, maybe those comedy ones. I like any type of movie that has an interesting plot. My favorite move would definitely have to be Grease. Have you seen it?" May questioned as she walked down the sidewalk, heading towards the grocery store. Thank the heavens that it was very close.

Koshi did not seem like how her brother had described him. He was actually pretty cool and easy to talk to. Hopefully they could develop a friendship, because she was honestly intrigued by the male.

[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.