IwakuNet and how it affects you

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jared555 Why not make most of it run off of memory? After all, we can just download more RAM, resulting in an infinite amount of space!

Once bitcoins was mentioned, I was like "faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake." :D Though there is a small possibility that it's true. If Jared has killed queen Diana and taken over everything. I: Now I won't trust Diana once she logs in. It will probably be Jared who's using her account. I'M ONTO YOU JARED!

Reactions: Brea and Wicked
I need to start gathering Rorycoins right away!

Either way.....
I don't really care.
Joke or not, I'll adapt or move on.

´͈ ᵕ `͈ ♡°◌̊ ‧⁺
/shrugs and picks nose.

If this isn't a joke, I don't know what to say. I'm here for roleplaying and having fun with new friends, but if I have to pay to simply write what I want... Well, I'm moving. I can always just roleplay through Gmail (@chainedfiction, thank you for giving me this idea <3).

It would be a pain to move all my posts though. I want to get a copy of them, especially RPs I have learned to love.

... I really hope this is just an April Fools joke, but joke or not I don't really find it funny. -__-"

Happy April Fools xxx

I'm pretty sure this is an April Fools joke. If it isn't, then in a month, it'll have been nice knowing you all.

I kept re-reading RoryCoins quickly and multiple times to see if it'd make a clever pun or something. ^^; At any rate, 'tis too early in my time zone to differentiate pranks from plans. I shall return at a later time...

Things you might want to concider, Jared:

- If this were true, Iwaku would be making a bigger deal out of this and doesn't Vay usually post these things?

- This sounds like an app. Diana has been firmly against the idea thus far.

- Diana is queen.

- Not everyone is tech-impaired.

- You're not Asmo :P

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
  • Useful
Reactions: dreamthief and Hana
Nice try. I don't believe this is true. If it comes to pass, I'm going back to Gaia.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Tsk, must be the work of the Republicans. :B

If this does happen I'm going to take @Sen and @chainedfiction with me :P
We are the ship. The ship is us.
If this really is a joke, which is probably is, prepare yourself for the cannonballs of love, Jared.

• Love
Reactions: Hana
Everyone who is confused whether this is a joke or not, listen up.
  • It's April Fools Day.
  • This goes completely against what Iwaku is about, so yes, it's a joke.
  • "Rorycoins" is an obvious allusion to Bitcoins.
  • The methods in which he'd orchestrate such a change are so ridiculously over-complex as to make it unfeasible.
  • The site has run for years, nobody would be dumb enough to change it to a pay scheme of "Rorycoins" now.
  • Seriously. It's a geek joke. Honest to God it is.
You can all relax now.

This sounds like an April fool's joke. An April fool's joke with lots of techno-babble.

That's because it is.
Seems like it was a darn effective one, four pages of what I assume are people seriously considering or being genuinely upset about processing driven bitcoin distribution. I don't even know if I've ever heard of such a system being done anywhere.

This plan would never work, and too many members (and even staff members) would leave for them to be successful with this. On top of that it would go against what Diana has told us so far. Diana has always been against ads to give iwaku money or making iwaku a paid site. Even if it is Rorycoins, it's still a site in which you need to pay with something to get to do stuff. On top of that, Diana isn't too fond of deleting threads, and I doubt she would like people to run around and delete their posts for coins. Plus the extra work for the staff to check every deleted post to decide its value. On top of that's it's all that technical nonsense that I don't understand that other more technical people has been able to see through. Once again:

THIS. PLAN. WOULD. BE. RIDICULOUS.

Most big sites does an April fools joke, tumblr, youtube, probably facebook too, idk, and I bet it's a thing on a lot of bigger forums. So calm down, go roleplay, don't think about it, and come back tomorrow to see a big "We fooled ya :D MOHAHHAHHA" smashed in your face.

#Redblood'sAPartyPooper
#SomePeopleTakeThisWayTooSeriously
#StopTakingThingsSeriouslyOnAprilThe1st
#IMakeTooLongHashtagsDamnit
#Don'tTrustAnythingOnAprilThe1st

Also this:

Everyone who is confused whether this is a joke or not, listen up.
  • It's April Fools Day.
  • This goes completely against what Iwaku is about, so yes, it's a joke.
  • "Rorycoins" is an obvious allusion to Bitcoins.
  • The methods in which he'd orchestrate such a change are so ridiculously over-complex as to make it unfeasible.
  • The site has run for years, nobody would be dumb enough to change it to a pay scheme of "Rorycoins" now.
  • Seriously. It's a geek joke. Honest to God it is.
You can all relax now.
Listen to this guy ^
#Brovo'sAPartyPooperToo

Reactions: Wicked
Status
Not open for further replies.