IwakuNet and how it affects you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus...

The heart attack was fucking real... I keep this site to keep me sane after all.

Nice to know it's only a joke though. Otherwise there'd be some angry users on here.

Seems like it was a darn effective one, four pages of what I assume are people seriously considering or being genuinely upset about processing driven bitcoin distribution. I don't even know if I've ever heard of such a system being done anywhere.
Yes. Yes it's a joke. It makes references to Bitcoins. It also fails to stipulate an output based on a logical variable of time: Just that 50% of an i5's processing power = 1 Rorycoin.

In translation:
Input = 50% of i5Processor.
Timeframe = 1 hour.
Output = 1 Rorycoin.

I'd wager a random guess that even 10% of the average traffic of posts now would completely and utterly overwhelm a "Rorycoin" system set up in a manner like this.

Not-Techie language: It would be like building the entire United States roadway infrastructure to sell one piece of bread to 5,000 people. So inefficient, and so ludicrous, that proposing it is purely fallacious... IE: It's a joke. You've been fooled. :ferret:

Yes. Yes it's a joke. It makes references to Bitcoins. It also fails to stipulate an output based on a logical variable of time: Just that 50% of an i5's processing power = 1 Rorycoin.

In translation:
Input = 50% of i5Processor.
Timeframe = 1 hour.
Output = 1 Rorycoin.

I'd wager a random guess that even 10% of the average traffic of posts now would completely and utterly overwhelm a "Rorycoin" system set up in a manner like this.

Not-Techie language: It would be like building the entire United States roadway infrastructure to sell one piece of bread to 5,000 people. So inefficient, and so ludicrous, that proposing it is purely fallacious... IE: It's a joke. You've been fooled. :ferret:

Yup, I understood that it is a joke. I was on the same page (not in terms of tech knowledge) as you were before I actually got to read your post.

• Useful
Reactions: Quiet Souris
Yup, I understood that it is a joke. I was on the same page (not in terms of tech knowledge) as you were before I actually got to read your post.
giphy.gif

Then you win. Enjoy April Fools day. Just be sure that you know more about Bitcoins so you don't get fooled in the future. :ferret:

Reactions: AetherDream
You mean
Shut up and take my RoryCoins!

I was about to get annoyed and scream "Networking doesn't work like that" But now I feel better reading the last page.

Alright, this fuzzy Australian brain can't take anymore. Cya guys in like... 24 hours or something XD

It's April 1st, guys.

Trust no one.
Trust nothing.

...Just like any other regular day, really, now that I think about it.

Anyway, I had some really good laughs from this thread! Thanks Jared!

@WishfulNemo It's a conspiracy!

allislost.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wicked As long as they won't tax me on giving out rainbows!

now someone make me a communist joke against my Republican joke.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Wicked
Worst April Fool's day joke, ever. Almost as bad as the time my husband tried to convince me he had lung cancer. His sense of humor really sucks.....apparently you guys share something in common.

Reactions: LunaValentine
No, I'm comparing their sense of humors. Not funny, at all. X_X

This is why I should have installed a nuclear war bunker. Thanks for ruining my sleep. Techies go back to getting computer bleached, you're not funny.

Other than the date, I think you guys are overlooking something critical:

You earn Rorycoins by posting.

Think about that. Spamming is already a no-no and if this was real, the staff would have to deal with a shit posting Tsunami so great the combined processing power of 10,000 computers would choke and die from the onslaught.

Other than the date, I think you guys are overlooking something critical:

You earn Rorycoins by posting.

Think about that. Spamming is already a no-no and if this was real, the staff would have to deal with a shit posting Tsunami so great the combined processing power of 10,000 computers would choke and die from the onslaught.
Wrong. I made that mistake too. This is what Jared said:

Additionally, starting in a month you will be able to delete previous posts in exchange for RoryCoins. The number of coins you receive will be based on the quality of the post as determined by Iwaku staff and its age.
So you would have to delete a well made post to get rory coins, which Diana would hate to see D: Especially if it's roleplay posts he means.

Making 1 post costs 1 RoryCoin
So it would cost rorycoins to post, thus spamming wouldn't be a problem, except from the rich bastards.

So wait, how many RoryCoins do I get for deleting this whole thread? Seems like a pretty valuable thread, so I'm thinking at least 4,967,010. A bit low?

Status
Not open for further replies.