Istladris | Sailor Moon & saberwolf

Vanamarilla ignored the sharp poking against her skin. She looked up, hand resting against her brow line to shield her eyes from the sun as she gazed up at Aku, who was peering down from the roof at her with a terrified expression on her face. He was worried, but the rush of jumping from the roof and landing into a well placed wheel barrow stacked full of hay was...Vanamarilla couldn't find a word to describe it. She gave herself a push and landed on her feet, dusting off her backside and plucking hay from her garments.

Aku picked his jaw up after seeing that Vanamarilla had landed safe, and jumped off of the roof with ease. He landed on both feet, not flinching a bit as his heels dug into the ground. It wasn't normally like him to worry over others, but he was sure that the she-elf was trying to kill herself with that stunt.

"Hey, Van! Are ya' trying to get me killed?" Aku asked, throwing his arms up into the air loosely. "If that hay wasn't there to break your fall you would have died."

"I don't understand. Is this not what you wanted?"
Vanamarilla asked, blinking curiously at him. She plucked a golden needle from her cloak and then patted herself to secure Istladris. "Come, Aku. You look like you've seen a ghost, and I'm very well, as you can see." The she-elf gestured towards herself, continuing on her way with open eyes as she looked for anything else to get into.

"I don't mean suicide. I mean, petty thievery or...I don't know!" Aku answered, continuing to wave his arms around as he explained. A stand with fruit caught his eye, and he pulled Vanamarilla by the arm towards himself. "If you really want a rush, why don't you steal that pomme? It's just dangerous enough to give you a rush, without any risk to a single hair on your head." Aku seemed so sure of himself, even smiling down at Vanamarilla as he spoke of his plans.

"Huh," Vanamarilla sighed softly, her bright blue eyes narrowing just slightly as she considered the coyote spirit's words. It sounded like a bad idea, but, why not keep the momentum going? Who would fret over a silly little piece of fruit? Yanking her arm back gently, she walked over to the fruit stand innocently. Her eyes danced over the various fruits, and she pretended to be surveying for that perfect apple. It helped that no one seemed to be paying attention, so it was all ripe for the picking.

Bright red beckoned to Vanamarilla. She bit her bottom lip and swiftly snatched one up, shoving it into her cloak.
Easy. While stealing went against Vanamarilla's code, she had taken Istladris from the king, so some poorly guarded fruit was low tier, in her eyes. Or, so she thought.

"Thief!" A hand wrapped around Vanamarilla's arm when she was already a few feet away from the fruit stand. Someone had been watching and stepped in before she could get away. "Guards! She's stealing!" People backed away, hushed whispered filling the air as they circled around the fruit stand to see. Vanamarilla was too stunned to say anything, she only looked over at Aku with worry.

When the guards began to walk towards the display, Vanamarilla used her free hand to push the fruit back towards the man.
"I was only looking! Here!" If she was caught by these guards there was a possibility that the guards would find out who she was and return her to the king. "Please! It's only an apple."

• Love
Reactions: Saber
5efdd3cf8201e6e259739f4577b7a406--wood-elf-male-fantasy-elves.jpg
Eros​

Eros walked through the marketplace, looking for specific herbs and foods to replenish the bath house. The herbs he needed were supposed to help his patrons relax and enjoy their stay. Not to mention he needed tea for his girls, to keep them working efficiently he always believed that treating them with respect and giving them breaks was best. As he left the herb shop, he heard a ruckus in near the fruit vendors and curiosity got the best of him. He started walking towards the shouting when he saw a young woman holding an apple in her hand and the fruit vendor looking murderous. Eros's eyes widened as he saw the man gripping the woman's arm and he moved forward to gently put his hand on the larger human's shoulder.

"I'm sorry sir, but this is my cousin." Eros said calmly as the vendor turned and looked at the elf with a hardened glare. "I apologize, she's just visiting and I lost her in the crowd. She was supposed to inform me if she was to find something she wanted to buy." The elf opened the pouch at his waist and handed the man a piece of silver. "For the trouble she caused, I'm sure that's more than enough."

The vendor took the silver and released the woman with grunt. Mumbling something about keeping an eye on her. Eros just sighed before turning towards the woman and catching sight of her pointed ears beneath her hair. A calm smile growing on his lips as he bowed slightly. It had been a while since he'd seen a she-elf that wasn't already working for him, but this was quite ideal that she would be in the city when he was out shopping. And that he happened to be able to get her out of a predicament.

"Are you all right, miss?" He asked politely as he stood once more.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

As Asena was soaking in the spring, she felt a slight twinge in the back of her mind that caused her eyes to snap open. There was a slight panic and brief sense of fear that was coming from Vanamarilla. She couldn't stop her instincts from making her body jump up and look in the direction of the city. The wolf growled slightly, clenching her hands into fists and grinding her teeth. This whole bond was starting to cause Asena a lot more trouble than she wanted. It was supposed to start to get more tolerable, but so far, if Asena really wanted to, she could tap into Vanamarilla's thoughts.

It was possible that Vanamarilla was in trouble, but the feeling didn't last long, so Asena just assumed that everything was fine. It wasn't like the elf was completely alone anyway, Aku was with her. It's not like the two of them could get in that much trouble. The wolf sat back down in the spring water and sighed, leaning back against the edge of the pool. She stared back up at the sky that was turning dark red and orange with the setting sun. The sound of the door opening made the spirit perk up before she glanced towards the door that led back into the changing area. The blue haired elf that had led her to the spring appeared in a robe and Asena sat forward, watching her.

"I hope you don't mind." The elf muttered calmly as she shed her robe and Asena looked away. "I'm on my break and the owner allows us to use the public springs." Asena thought back and remembered the elf as Arah. She kept her gaze away before hearing the water splash lightly and the opaque blue water obscured anything that could be seen. Asena glanced around, making sure that the she-elf was actually in the water and not exposed in anyway.

"Um, sure, Arah, right?" The blue haired elf nodded as she sat across from Asena with a calm smile. "I'm Asena."

"Pleased to meet you." She held out her hand and Asena leaned forward slightly to grasp it. "You're a spirit, aren't you?" Asena froze slightly before blinking her eyes and letting go of Arah's hand. "It's ok, you're very respected here." The elf inhaled deeply before moving a bit closer to Asena. "I smell another she-elf on you, another one of ours?"

"Uh, no," The spirit couldn't help but think of Vanamarilla then as she averted her gaze to the surface of the water. "She's...she's a traveling companion. I met her a ways back to the north, she was fleeing from some humans."

"She should come here if she's in town." Arah hummed as she moved through the water and sat to Asena's right. "I'm sure she would love out patron, he's such a good man and takes very good care of us." That of course, brought up again, the wandering thoughts as to why there were so many female elves...well actually, only female elves working at the bath house. Not to mention, where he found them all.

"How long have you worked here?"
Asena asked, still trying to keep her gaze off of the exposed skin of the she-elf.

"A year or so." Arah was slowly gliding her hands on the surface of the water lazily. "We're safe here. Out there, you have to deal with demons, or worse, humans who just can't accept elves. Eros loves us and takes care of us. I'm sure your companion will be happy here if she does plan to stay. She'd be with her own kind."

Asena frowned as she turned her gaze to the water once more. If Vanamarilla did find this place, maybe she would stay and forget about the jewel she carried around with her. That would be ideal for her...but would it be ideal for Asena to travel without her, the only ones that could see Istladris were elves, and Asena didn't know any others. In all reality, she needed Vanamarilla, especially since she didn't think she'd be able to convince any of the elves here to leave their job, and she wouldn't ask.

"You're deep in thought." Arah hummed as Asena jumped when she felt hands caress her shoulders. She turned to see the elf less than three inches away from her. The wolf didn't usually blush, but she could feel the heat in her face and it wasn't from the temperature of the water. "You should be trying to relax."

"I'm a...naturally tense person." Asena cleared her throat as she moved away slightly. "I can't really help it, I'm afraid."

"You're a forest spirit," The she-elf sang softly as she began to knead the wolf's shoulders. "It's a part of my job to help you relax."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: envogue
There was a hand on Vanamarilla's shoulder suddenly, and she looked up to see a man. Elven by the look of his features, and the distinct scent he had. It was strangely familiar, but she couldn't completely place him. She watched as he stepped forward, defending her and even going so far as to make up a lie. Truthfully, she was grateful, but a little weary of his motives. The shopkeeper seemed to buy his story, and Vanamarilla sighed with relief when he was out of their sight.

At the bow, Vanamarilla nodded her head. That was all too close, and if not for the stranger, things could have gone much worse. For now, they would need to lay low and keep away from the humans. Even if the city was more liberal than the small villages, humans still had their reservations about the elves and maintained their prejudices. Not to mention the king and his henchman.

"I am." Vanamarilla replied, her brows creased and her shoulders tense. "Th-Thank you," She sighed softly, giving the man a once over. Just being in the presence of another elf put Vanamarilla at ease. While there were some differences between the other Elven species, they were all close enough to relate to each other's tongue and customs. They all shared the same understanding when in the human realm.

"I can see that you're tired. Both of you." Eros said, his tone warm and understanding. "If it would help, I have a safe house for people like us. All are welcome, including you, coyote spirit." He smiled as he spoke, turning to Aku as if waiting for a reply.

The coyote spirit hesitated for a moment, but looking around he could see that the vendor owner was still eyeing them from the distance, as well as some of the civilians.
"Eh. Why not?" Aku answered, folding his arms behind his head and walking ahead.

Vanamarilla curiously watched the man, intrigued by the idea of a safe house. He seemed genuine enough, but not all elves were good, and they couldn't just leave Asena behind... Though, the wolf spirit hadn't really been concerned with anything they were getting into.
I suppose it couldn't hurt... Vanamarilla thought to herself, feet picking up along the road as she followed behind the two.

"Soo, a safe house, huh?" Aku asks, as they start up the hill. "Are there other coyote spirits there?"

"No. Not currently, you see, everyone with a permanent residence is an elf. But our doors are open to all. I currently employ she-elves to work the bath house, as they are naturally nurturing. The guests always leave satisfied," Eros said calmly, a delighted sigh leaving his lips as they approached the bathhouse settled on top of the highest hill in town.

Vanamarilla quietly observed and listened to the conversation, her eyebrow raised as the man mentioned she-elves. She thought back to her time with the king, and then the men that tried to capture her in the shop. It was that thinking that often left her gender vulnerable, but she decided to keep quiet.

The doors to the bath house opened, steam and aromatic oils blinding the senses. Half-naked she-elves moved along in a hypnotic dance along the stone floor, and four of them eagerly approached the trio. One instantly moved over to Aku, her hands on his shoulders and kneading out any knots. Another went to Vanamarilla, untying her cloak quickly. It was off of Vanamarilla's shoulders before she could even respond and the other she-elf was leaving.

"Master Eros, we've missed you." A blonde woman with pointy ears said, as she latched onto the male elf's arm. She was speaking Elvish, though the contents of the conversation didn't interest Vanamarilla enough to eavesdrop. Her eyes were set on the elf with her cloak, and she huffed and followed after the girl.

"Wait! I need that," Vanamarilla called after the girl, but the girl only looked back with a seductive peek over her shoulder. She led her down a hall, ushering with a curl of her finger. Vanamarilla frowned and picked up the pace, glancing about as they passed a door leading outside. She saw a flash of silver hair as she was walking by, and she reversed and stopped in the doorway. There was no mistaking it.

"Asena?" Vanamarilla gasped. She looked at the wolf-spirit, and then at the elf woman rubbing Asena down. There were footsteps heard not too far off, and they skidded to a stop beside her. Vanamarilla could barely look away, but she did briefly to see Aku.

"Can't say I'm really surprised..." Aku admitted, as he scratched the back of his head.

Last edited:
  • Love
Asena was going to protest the she-elf's offer, but her words never left her mouth as she felt the small, yet powerful hands start to knead her shoulders. She wasn't really keen on being touched, but the elf must've been working some sort of magic since she suddenly forgot why she had been tense in the first place. The wolf's eyes half closed as Arah's hands moved up to gently squeeze up along her neck. Asena's eyes closed completely and she let her head slump forward slightly so the elf could easily access her neck. She heard a soft hum float from the elf's lips before Arah's hands moved down and balled into fists to knead the muscles in her back.

"Why would a spirit of your high authority be so tense?" Arah sang softly as Asena felt the elf lean a bit into her back to put more pressure on her muscles. "Don't you have any thralls to do your bidding or servants to pleasure you?"

Asena chuckled before lifting her head slightly and shaking it. "Not many beings on this earth know that I'm a spirit." She answered softly as a smirk grew on her lips. "Since the humans have started to overtake everything, spirits have been reduced to hiding in their human forms to prevent from being hunted and killed." Asena blinked before glancing over her shoulder at Arah. "I'm sure you understand what that's like."

"You are correct, Asena." Arah answered as the kneading got a bit lighter and before Asena could do anything, the elf's arms were wrapped around her neck. Arah's chin rested gently on Asena's shoulder and the wolf's cheeks began to warm with her being so close. "I watched my entire village get wiped out by a greedy human ruler. Only the women were saved, but that was only to consort with the ruler. Myself, along with a couple other elves from my village escaped and found Eros. He has protected us ever since."

"I-It sounds like he's done a great deal for you." Asena cleared her throat as she felt Arah's face press against her neck and the elf nodded. She felt Arah's hands move to her upper arms and continue the massage. Before the wolf could start to enjoy it again, another elf holding a familiar looking cloak burst through the door, followed by a very familiar pink haired elf and an annoying coyote. Asena blinked as she sat up a little straighter and Arah still working on her arms.

"Asena?"

"I'm not really surprised..."

Asena felt her cheeks warm again, no, this time it was her entire face as she stared wide-eyed at Vanamarilla and Aku. Arah stopped kneading and again, draped her arms around the wolf's neck and rested her chin on Asena's shoulder once more. "Hello, Miki," Arah hummed as she addressed the other elf and then her eyes moved to the pink haired elf and the young man. "Do you know those two, spirit?"

"Well you certainly have a type," Aku sighed as he shook his head and rolled his eyes, tapping his toe on the cement. "Don't you, Asena?" Before he could say anything else, Asena growled and grabbed a loose rock from the spring before whipping it at the coyote's head.

"What are you doing on the women's side?!" She howled, clenching her fist in front of her face with Arah still wrapped around her shoulders. She watched as Aku fell to the ground, clutching his head and then her gaze shifted to Vanamarilla, feeling the she-elf's shock mixed with a feeling Asena wasn't used to feeling. What was it? Disappointment? Pain? It was leaving an odd lump in the wolf's throat that she just couldn't swallow.

"Vanamarilla..." Asena whispered as she went to stand, but the arms around her neck kept her in the spring. She wanted to talk to the pink haired elf and figure out why she was feeling like this. This pit in her stomach and the tightness in her throat. Why was the elf feeling like this?

"Don't go yet." The blue haired elf sighed as her hands moved to Asena's face, forcing the wolf to look into a pair of violet eyes. Had they always been that color? "You're still very tense." She stroked the wolf's face gently and moved closer to her. Asena inhaled sharply as she felt her body relax and all she could focus on was Arah. "Stay with me, ok? I'll help you relax." Asena couldn't form words, she just nodded and kept her eyes locked with Arah's.

Last edited:
  • Love
"Do you know those two, spirit?"

"Well you certainly have a type..."

Vanamarilla wanted to look away, but didn't. No, she couldn't. Her eyes burned as she stared at Asena with that other elf. The way she caressed her and so casually rested her chin on Asena's shoulder. Was this a spa, or something else completely? Vanamarilla wasn't in the correct mindset to figure out why seeing Asena in such a position bothered her so much, and she didn't really care to try.

Her pointed ears tensed when Asena said her name, with a sincerity that Vanamarilla wasn't used to from the wolf spirit. She moved to take a step back, and for a moment it looked like Asena was going to follow after her. Vanamarilla hesitated to leave, but the closer the other woman got to Asena's face the more difficult it was to stay and watch. She shook her head slowly and turned to leave, snatching her cloak out of Miki's hands. The mischievous elf whimpered excitedly, before walking over to Aku and latching onto his arm.

As Vanamarilla left the spring, she inhaled deeply as if taking a breath for the first time. She clutched Istladris tightly against her bosom, the blood red gem providing a comforting warmth. She could still sense Asena in the other room, the mixture of reluctance and confusion coming from the wolf hard to ignore. She fought against her better judgement, and forced herself, one leg after the other down the hall. If she stayed too close, then she would definitely give in to her instincts. Vanamarilla continued through the building. Low moans and excited squeals could be heard from outside some of the rooms, as well as the splashing of water. She already had an idea of what type of place this was, and she wanted to get out.

"You're not happy." Eros said calmly, as he approached Vanamarilla from behind. His voice was low and gentle, as not to startle the pink haired elf, and he spoke their language freely. He was dressed differently now, his garb a light material and his hair damp.

Vanamarilla recognized Ero's voice, but she was alarmed to see him so suddenly. He wasn't there a moment ago, or had she been so consumed with her own pain to notice him all along? Vanamarilla slowly lowered her hand, tucking the gem between her breasts discreetly as both her arms fell back to her side. When she looked up at Eros, his face was almost a blur, and she shut her eyes, opening them to clarity.

"True." There was a lump in her throat, making it more difficult to speak, though she managed to do so softly. "I should leave now. That seems best."

"If you feel that is best, but I can see you're tired. Was the point not to relax?" Eros asked, his tone sympathetic as he looked down at the woman. "Vanamarilla, let me help you. There aren't many places in their world where you can be safe. I think that's what you need, you like so many others. It may be too early to ask you to stay, but won't you sit down and have some tea with me?"

Vanamarilla listened to Eros, his mannerisms and voice calming to her. How long had it been since she'd been surrounded by other elves? Heard the language spoken so beautifully? Perhaps Eros was right, and what she needed was to spend time with others like her. She swallowed and gave a gentle nod, the faintest smile on her lips.

"Ah. There's that smile." Eros placed his hand on her shoulder lightly, his hand warm to the touch as he led Vanamarilla down the hall and opened a door with a flight of stairs behind it. There was movement upstairs, and music being played on the violin.

Intrigued, Vanamarilla glanced at Eros before slowly heading up after him. There were more elves around, but no men, or children. Every elf she saw was around her age, give or take a few years. It was a comforting sight, but strange as well. Some of the women looked to her with curiosity, others showed little to no interest. This way, she'd heard Eros say, and turned so that she was looking at him once more. He led her into a room with large floor pillows around a table, and a mix of human and elven decorations that somehow went together perfectly. A shorter female Elf was standing nearby, seemingly waiting to be commanded.

"Criscella, bring up some tea and refreshments for our guest, please? She's feeling a little homesick." Eros said, almost saddened as he spoke. He ushered Vanamarilla to sit down, and did the same after her. Criscella left only briefly before returning with two porcelain cups with tea, as well as a platter with baked goods.

Vanamarilla's eyes went wide as Criscella set the platter down between them. The tea smelled heavenly, and the desserts were all treats that Vanamarilla never thought she'd see again. She looked up at Criscella, more docile than Miki was, but just as delighted to be serving Eros. Eros patted the cushion beside him, and Criscella sat down on it, smiling warmly.

"Criscella, this is Vanamarilla. She's traveling with the wolf spirit I told you about earlier." Eros said, before blowing against the surface of his tea and taking a sip.

"Oh yes, she is very nice indeed. Just as you said, Master." Criscella replied hesitantly, as she took one of the treats for herself. "How is it traveling with the wolf? Don't you ever grow lonely?"

Vanamarilla didn't think anything of Criscella's hesitance to speak, or being called 'nice'. She was too grateful to be shown such kindness, to feel like she belonged again. "Sometimes it's tough, but there's never a dull moment..." Vanamarilla answered with a gentle shrug. She brought her tea cup to her lips and took a sip, the hot liquid tasting like home, and a hint of some other herb she couldn't quite place. "This is very good, Criscella. Almost addicting." Vanamarilla said from behind her glass. She drank half of it all at once, and set it down in front of her.

"Don't worry, Vanamarilla. You can have as much as you like." Criscella chimed, reaching across the table and caressing Vanamarilla's wrist.

The pink haired elf smiled softly, a giggle escaping her lips as she looked at the slender hand on her wrist. Normally, Vanamarilla wouldn't want to be touched, but she felt happier than she'd felt in a long time. The plush surface and the elven decorations seemed to be dancing on the walls, colors swirling around her head. Vanamarilla looked up at the ceiling, her eyes glazed over and her body feeling light as a feather. For some reason she was more pleased by the sensation than alarmed.

"You seem to be quite enjoying yourself, Vanamarlla. If you'd like, I can show you around." Criscella said, tilting her head to the side innocently. "May I, Eros?"

"I think I would enjoy that." Vanamarilla answered before Eros could, her speech slurred slightly as she lifted herself from the table. "I'd like to go in the springs later." She added, leaning into Criscella for stability, the ground seeming to spin as she walked. "I must be more exhausted than I'd realized. I'm sorry." She laughed softly, clinging onto Criscella.

"Yes. Of course. Just lean on me for support, I'll guide you." Criscella slowly led Vanamarilla out into the living area, the others hardly batting an eye as Criscella struggled to get Vanamarilla down the hall. "Are you feeling fine, Vanamarilla? Why don't we stop and let you catch your footing for a moment?"

Vanamarilla didn't protest, she giggled and rested her head on Criscella's shoulder. Somehow, they managed to make it to a bedroom, and Criscella let Vanamarilla go. She fell backwards onto the bed, head lulling from side to side. She attempted to lift herself, but the bed felt like a magnet to her body. "I feel strange..." Vanamarilla complained, her voice a whisper.

Criscella nodded in understanding, her fingertips lacing through Vanamarilla's hair gently. "I know," she said sweetly, moving to pull the blanket up over the woman's body. "Close your eyes. You'll feel better when you wake, I promise."

• Love
Asena had never felt like this before. She was completely fixated on Arah as she stared into violet eyes and she just couldn't make herself look away. Her breathing was heavy and the wolf couldn't manage to move a muscle, yet she was calm, relaxed...as if she was under some spell. Something finally snapped in her mind and she closed her eyes, moving herself as far back as she could from Arah as her senses started coming back to her. She growled, keeping her eyes shut, and reached forward, grabbing Arah by the neck. The other elf that had been with them squeaked before Asena heard the wet footsteps running off and away from the spring.

"Why were you enchanting me?!" Asena hissed as she felt Arah's hands latch on to her arm. She wasn't squeezing very hard, just enough to keep the elf from running off, but she was sure Arah could feel the tension in her grip.

"I...!" Arah started as Asena growled deep in her throat and finally opened her eyes. "I need your help!" The wolf growled again before furrowing her brow. "I swear...I thought if I enchanted you that you'd help me! Help us!"

"Us?" Asena raised her eyebrows and let her grip loosen around the elf's neck. "Who's us? And what do you need help with?" The wolf's jaw tightened as Arah's panicked expression melted into a frown and her grip on Asena's arm weakened.

"Some of the girls here," Arah continued as she closed her eyes, though Asena kept hold of her neck. "We...we've tried leaving. Eros, I don't know why, but he wants to keep us all here. There's something in the tea, something that makes us obedient, not ourselves. It's how he keeps us all here in the bath house. Miki, Criscella, and myself, we've all stopped drinking it to keep our minds unclouded, but..." Violet eyes opened once more and she stared directly into Asena's bi-colored eyes. "We aren't strong enough on our own to fight him off. One of us tried to leave a few years back and he...took her prisoner and I haven't seen her since. She didn't get to leave, so she's still here somewhere. We are scared of him."

"I knew there was something off about that guy." Aku chimed in as he rubbed the knot that was still present on his head. "And why all the she-elves are so friendly around here. I saw some she-elf with an old human, surely she didn't want his company?"

"He forces us into servitude with the tea and we listen to whatever he tells us." Arah continued as Asena finally released the elf. "Please, spirit, we need your help. And if your lover stays too long, Eros will have her too."

"She's not my-" She couldn't get another word about due to the howling laughter that erupted from Aku. Asena growled and pushed the younger spirit away before looking at Arah. "How do I know you're not lying?"

"I promise," Arah started again. "If you don't believe me, your elf will never leave this place again." Asena frowned as she glared at Arah before releasing her and rubbing her face with her hands.

"How did you come to find out about this anyway?" Asena asked finally as she sighed and sank farther into the hot water. She could still feel Vanamarilla's sadness until suddenly, she was lighter, happier, and the wolf wondered what had caused the change in mood.

"Miki stopped drinking the tea when she fell ill a week ago." Arah answered as she rubbed her neck lightly. "When she did, it was like she had all these memories of being trapped inside her own mind. She said she could see everything as it was happening, but couldn't control herself." The blue haired elf frowned as she wrapped her arms around herself. "What she described was horrifying, and she weaned me off of it as well. And I found the same thing." Violet eyes locked with Asena's as the she-elf frowned. "Please, we need your help."

Asena frowned, Vanamarilla was still on her mind and she wanted to go find the she-elf if Eros truly was a threat. But she wasn't sure if Vanamarilla would even look at her right now. "Fine, I'll help." Asena conceded with a sigh as she rubbed her forehead.

"I'll help too!" Aku chimed in as he planted his hands on his hips and offered a toothy grin. "I've got a few tricks up my sleeves that could prove useful. What do you need us to do?" Before Arah could answer the coyote, Criscella burst through the door and Asena stood out of instinct, forgetting that she was nude and faced the elf.

"Arah!" Criscella cried before she saw Asena and paused, her face turning a deep red as she stared. "Uhm..." Criscella brought a hand up to her eyes before Asena realized why she was blushing. She wasn't really modest or timid in most situations, but she just happened to be surrounded by she-elves.

"Get decent." Aku scolded as he threw the robe she had been wearing and she covered herself quickly. Arah seemed to find the whole scene amusing as she chuckled and stood, revealing all her glory. Asena rolled her eyes before covering Aku's eyes as Arah went and retrieved her own robe before approaching Criscella who cautiously lowered her hands.

"What is it Criscella?" Arah asked as she finished tying on her robe and approached the shorter blonde.

"Eros had me give the tea to Vanamarilla!" She said finally as she looked at Arah. "I fear he plans to try and keep her here."

"What?!" Asena growled as she stalked towards the changing room and found the cupboard where she'd stored her clothes. Immediately, Criscella, Arah, and Aku came in after her as she was readjusting her sari. "We need to find Vanamarilla right now and get out of here."

"Hey!" Arah called as she walked up to Asena and frowned. "You said you'd help us!"

"You haven't told me how I'm supposed to do that yet." Asena answered with a growl before charging out of the changing room. She glanced back at Criscella and narrowed her eyes. "Where is Vanamarilla?"

"I'll take you." The blonde answered as she rushed ahead and the others, heading up a staircase, Aku and Arah close behind them. Asena was worried, she didn't like Eros to begin with and now, after what Arah had told her, she was more wary. There was more to the elf than what he portrayed and Asena didn't trust him alone with Vanamarilla. "She was just down this hall." Criscella muttered as they turned a corner and she stopped immediately, bowing her head.

"Where are you all headed to in such a hurry?" Asena scowled when she saw Eros standing in the hallway. "Spirit, I see your energy has been renewed. Did Arah take good care of you?"

"Where is Vanamarilla?" Asena asked as she stared into the man's eyes. He was calm, and looking a bit smug as he closed his eyes and sighed, stepping aside. Asena inhaled sharply when she saw Vanamarilla standing behind him, a calm smile on her face and in one of the skimpy outfits the other she-elves were wearing.

"She's right here, spirit." Eros answered as he grinned, placing a hand on Vanamarilla's shoulder and ushering her forward a step. "Vanamarilla has decided to stay with us."

Asena's eyes widened as she took a few steps towards Vanamarilla. She was trying to figure out how the elf was feeling, what her emotions were, but she couldn't feel anything coming from her and it made the wolf cautious. Arah had mentioned that whatever was making them obedient was in the tea, which Criscella had given Vanamarilla. Asena snarled before turning towards Eros and grabbing him by the collar of his robes before slamming him against the wall.

"What have you done to her?" She hissed as she leaned towards him and bared her teeth. "Did you touch her? Because I swear I'll rip your throat out right here if you've done anything to violate her." Eros just closed his eyes and chuckled, which soon turned into a full laugh.

"Please, she dressed herself." The elf replied as he glanced at Vanamarilla, his hand reaching out to gently brush his fingers along Vanamarilla's jaw. It was only slight, but Asena felt the increase in his heartbeat when he'd answered. He was lying. "Though she is quite an exquisite specimen, is she not? She'll be a nice addition to my collection."

"She's leaving with me." The wolf growled as she released Eros and turned to Vanamarilla, looking directly into her eyes and gently taking her by the shoulders. "Vanilla, it's me, Asena, it's time to go." The wolf made to leave, but Vanamarilla didn't budge. Asena glanced back at the pink haired elf and frowned. "Vanamarilla." Eros laughed again as he adjusted his clothes and stood next to Vanamarilla, letting his hand rest on the elf's shoulder.

"She doesn't want to leave, spirit." He sneered as he glanced down at Vanamarilla and grinned. "She's with her own kind, why would she want to leave? But don't worry," Eros gently caressed Vanamarilla's cheek and side-eyed Asena with a sinister stare. "I will take excellent care of her." Asena's jaw tightened so much that she thought her teeth might break as she clenched her hands into fists and tried to fight off the fire that was growing in her chest. "I think it best if you retire for the evening, why don't Criscella and Arah take you to a room, on the house, of course. Though if you continue to cause trouble, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to leave." He bowed his head and Asena resisted the urge to break the elf's neck.

"That sounds great!" Aku cut in as he popped up in between Eros and Asena, slowly pushing her back towards the stairs. "We will most certainly take you up on the offer, sir. Asena just needs some sleep, I'm sure she'll be more agreeable tomorrow. Right, Asena? We want whatever will make Vanamarilla happy." Aku turned and nudged Asena in the side, causing her to look down at him, seeing the serious look on his face. She merely nodded while turning her glare back to Eros. "Great! We will be off then!"

Aku practically pushed Asena to the end of the hall and around the corner towards the stairs before letting Arah and Criscella take the lead. The two elves led the pair instead to an elevator and went up two more floors before the doors opened again. They got out and to a room that was at the end of the hall where it fell off and opened up to a balcony that over looked the baths below. When they were in the room, that only had two queen size beds, Asena slammed the door, making the other three with her jump.

"What do we have to do to get Vanamarilla away from him?" She asked as she stared at Arah then flicked her gaze to Criscella. "What is he going to do to her?"

"The only way is to make sure she stops drinking the tea." Arah hummed as she flopped down on the bed with a sigh. "He's going to send her out to keep the guests...happy." She cast a sidelong glance before finally meeting Asena's fiery gaze. The spirit growled and shook her head as she began to pace the room. Aku and Criscella sat on the other bed, just watching the spirit with forlorn expressions. "You see now why we want to be freed from his grasp? If he found out that we had stopped drinking the tea, who knows what he'd do with us."

"We have to destroy the tea then." Asena concluded as she turned to Arah and the elf shrugged her shoulders.

"No one knows where it's stored." She answered as she fiddled with the fabric of her top idly. "Eros is the only one that makes it, he doesn't allow anyone else to see where's it's kept or how to brew it."

"I thought when you asked for help you'd have a speck of an idea of how to help!" Asena inhaled deeply before she brought her hand up to pinch the bridge of her nose. "If you can get me some of the tea, I might be able to sniff it out."

"Like a good dog." Aku chimed in as Asena shot him a death glare and he quieted down. "I'm just saying."

"That shouldn't be too hard." Criscella added as she stood and headed towards the door. "It's always set up for us downstairs. I could try and bring some back." Asena just nodded as the blonde left the room and Arah glanced at the wolf spirit.

"I'm going to go explore, if you two don't mind." Aku said as he hopped off the bed and opened the door. "It might be helpful if we have an escape route ready in case we have to kidnap Vanamarilla and let her detox somewhere else." He waved before disappearing out the door and shutting it gently behind him. Asena sighed again before moving to the bed he had been sitting on and sat down heavily.

The wolf was so used to being able to feel Vanamarilla's emotions that now that she wasn't, she felt a little...empty. If the tea was doing what Arah had described, that meant the real Vanamarilla was still present and seeing what was going on around her with no control over her actions. She wasn't going to leave without Vanamarilla, there was no way she would be able to leave her in a place like this and in that condition. It would've been different if she had decided to stay on her own, but Eros was controlling her, forcing her.

"You must really love that elf." Arah said to break the silence, causing Asena to look up at the blue haired elf. "How long have you known each other?"

"I don't love..." Asena just groaned heavily before shaking her head and rolling her neck. "Not long...a month, maybe. She actually saved me from a hunter's trap, and I rescued her from some humans."

"How cliche." Arah chuckled as she offered Asena a kind smile. "But it sounds better than all of us being held here against our will. At least she has someone to rescue her from this place."

Asena looked up at Arah, the anger finally gone from her expression...for the most part. "It's not as pleasant as you think." The wolf answered with a soft chuckle as she fell back onto the mattress. "I'm used to only worrying about myself, and now I worry about her. I'm not used to it and I'm not sure if I like it. Not to mention she can be a bit annoying...but not as annoying as Aku."

"At least you look out for her though." Arah stood and moved to sit next to Asena as she lied on the bed. "And from the sounds of it, she looks out for you too."

"Maybe." The spirit answered with a shrug before she noticed that Arah was sitting very close to her. "All I know is, she wouldn't like it if I left her here under the conditions she's in, without making up her own mind. And I'm not going to leave her with your perverted master." Arah just scoffed before lying down on her side, looking at Asena. The wolf sighed as she looked into Violet eyes and smirked. "You're not going to enchant me again, are you?"

"It doesn't work like that." Arah answered with a sigh. "Now that you're aware, it won't work on you again. I can only use my enchantment on someone that isn't suspecting it or that's already let their guard down. So don't worry, spirit."

Before Asena could say anything, the door burst open and Criscella and Aku came through. The wolf sat up as Aku raised an eyebrow and smirked at Asena. "You really waste no time, do you?"

"Don't push me, coyote." Asena growled as Criscella moved forward with a tea cup and saucer. "Is that it?"

"Mhm." She hummed before setting it on the bedside table. The blonde looked like she was having trouble...or, it looked like she was in pain carrying the tea and was relieved to set it down. "I'm sorry, the tea is very addicting...I'm still, working on controlling my cravings."

Asena just nodded as she picked up the cup and held it under her nose, inhaling the steam that was rolling off the surface deeply. It was potent, whatever was in it was almost overwhelming her senses. It was sweet and spicy, and a very distinct herbal smell that Asena had never smelled before, and she lived in the forest. She put the cup back down and closed her eyes, sniffing the air and picking up the scent of the tea. When her eyes opened again, she could see the scent trail wafting through the air in the room and out the door.

"I got it." She said quietly as she looked at the others and Arah nodded.

"We should wait until everyone goes to sleep." Arah offered as she wasted no time taking the cup of tea and dumping it down the sink in the bathroom. "Eros usually goes to bed around midnight, that would be the perfect time to find the tea leaves and destroy them." Asena just nodded as Aku sighed, sitting down on the other bed and frowning.

"I hope that Vanilla will be all right until we can get to her." He muttered as he rested back against the wooden headboard.

"So do I." Asena sighed softly so no one else could hear as she laid back down and closed her eyes.

• Love
In Eros' room there were several window like orbs floating in the center of his room, each with a perfect view into different areas of the spa, as well as the outside world. He knew exactly what his elves were up to at all times, as well where they were in the building. Unfortunately, even his advanced magic was unable to pick up the audio from the portals, and he had to rely solely on his eyes for information.

As it was nearing his bedtime, he walked over to the sanctum, eyes easily finding the silver haired spirit and her entourage. A small hum resonated in his throat when he saw Criscella and Arah both accompanying the two canines down into the cellar where he stored the large vats and herbs. His lips twisted into a sneer, and he turned back to where Vanamarilla was seated on his bed, sipping her tea. She seemed innocent, but he sensed the large pool of mana buried deep within her, and under his control Vanamarilla could become one of his greatest assets. She would need to be tested though, and any distractions would have to be eliminated.

"Vanamarilla, I think your friends have worn out their welcome." Eros said, lifting his finger and prompting Vanamarilla to rise from the bed. He stood aside as the she-elf moved towards the portal, her deep blue eyes settling on the portal that showed Asena and the others in the cellar. Eros grit his teeth at the sight, then looked at Vanamarilla with a forced smile. "Why don't we show them the way out? Come, Vanamarilla." He gestured with a wave of his head as he led the way out of the room, grabbing his staff from where it leaned against the wall.

The two walked quickly through the dimly lit halls and to the back of the spa, where a door lead out into the backyard garden. A few steps out and to the left were the doors leading into the cellar. They had recently been tampered with, that much was clear as Eros went to open the doors. A long staircase led down, and down below was near darkness, though he could see the light flickering of a candle. No doubt that the others had heard their arrival, and he laughed loudly to announce his own. His voice carried down into the darkness and echoed against the walls. If they didn't know then, they knew now.

"I've given you enough chances, Wolf! You ignore my hospitality and disrespect my house, my home." Eros shook his head, making small strides down the steps one by one. Shifting his weight so that each step made a hard thud as his feet connected to the wood. "Vanamarilla," He said softly, head lowering as he looked down at the elf. "Why don't you show our friends what happens when you cross me." He commanded, his tone subtle, yet sharp.

Vanamarilla showed no outward signs of hesitation at the man's request, and slowly made her way the rest of the way into the cellar. She saw Criscella holding up a candle in the darkness and immediately became hostile. White lavender orbs shot out from her body and hovered around the pink haired elf suddenly. The soft whistling that the magic made as they hovered in place caused Criscella to turn around.

Vanamarilla fired off the orbs at the other elf, her gaze filled with hate and determination as Criscella threw herself backwards. She thrust the candle forward and blew on it, causing the flames to fan out in a protective barrier. The heat from the fire burned as they got too close to Vanamarilla, but she seemed to have no concept of pain or self-preservation.

Eros watched from the stairwell, his eyes widening in amazement at Criscella's abilities. He didn't realize the elf still knew how to use such magic, but here she was, proving herself to be a formidable opponent after all. This is going to be interesting, he thought with a smirk.

"Do not yield, Vanamarilla. You're more powerful than she is!" Eros yelled confidently.

White hot chains flew from behind Criscella, wrapping around her ankles and neck tightly. The elf let out a pained squeak as her neck was slowly crushed, and the chains seared her delicate flesh.

"Finish her, Vanamarilla. I have no room for traitors in my life." Eros said, his gaze cold and apathetic as he watched his right hand in chains. "Or, would you prefer a slow punishment?"

"Graaa-aah!" Arah shouted as she tackled Vanamarilla to the ground, easily overpowering the elf and holding her wrists above her head. Vanamarilla attempted to free herself, screaming as she struggled against the woman's grip. Meanwhile, Criscella was slowly being choked to death. Arah knew that Vanamarilla was still in there, or else Criscella would be dead. "Don't make me do this, Vanamarilla. Please."

Vanamarilla brought her knee up into the woman's gut, her chains simultaneously loosening around Criscella and flying towards Arah. Arah, distracted by the blow to her stomach was ripped off of Vanamarilla, and smacked into one of the vats of tea. Vanamarilla slowly stood, turning towards Arah and willing the chains to wrap around the other elf.

Criscella got to her feet, once more blowing upon the flame and sending a ball of blistering orange at Vanamarilla. The chains formed a barrier around Vanamarilla's back, though the sheer force of the fireball caused them to dissipate upon contact. The blast sent Vanamarilla flying forward, her skin blistered from the heat and her clothes singed.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Later into the night, Asena, Aku, and the two she-elves were making their way down and out to the cellar. There wasn't much going on this late at night in the spa, other than the few late night spa goers that stayed inside. Asena was following Criscella and Arah, but glanced down at Aku when they reached the cellar doors. He looked tense and Asena narrowed her eyes before elbowing the coyote.

"Ow!" Aku growled as he glared up at Asena. "What was that for?"

"Why do you look so tense?" She asked in a hushed tone. Her eyes shifted back to the two elves who were talking amongst themselves. "I don't know if I've ever seen you look this serious, so what's wrong?"

"This just seems, weird and too easy." The coyote answered as he glanced around, as if to see if they were being followed. "I just feel like someone is watching us. I don't know why. And how do you know those two are trustworthy?"

"I don't think you're trustworthy." The wolf answered with a chuckle and Aku grumbled before furrowing his brow. "And besides, they need our help as much as we need theirs. Don't you want Vanamarilla back?"

"Well, what if she likes it here?" Aku replied and Asena's eyes widened a bit. "What if she likes being with her own kind and she's not under anyone's control? What if this tea just makes some elves more paranoid than others." His eyes shifted to Arah and Criscella. "Do you really want to be the reason that she leaves a place full of her own kind?"

Asena had thought of this, though not too much. Of course she really hadn't considered the point that maybe Vanamarilla didn't want to leave the bath house, or Eros. But then why would Criscella and Arah make such a big deal about it? Before she could reply to Aku, they reached the cellar doors. Criscella opened the doors and motioned for the two spirits to enter as she held the candle up. Asena and Aku entered behind them, their eyes adjusted quickly to the darkness. Asena's eyes fell on all the plants that were growing, there was a small work table where tried leaves were laying in wait to be crushed. There were even a few vats of tea already brewed.

The aroma was strong and Asena huffed, covering her nose with her hand. "Ok, Criscella, bring that candle over here and starting burning those plants." The elf nodded as she went to step forward.

"I've given you enough chances, Wolf! You ignore my hospitality and disrespect my house, my home."

Asena whipped around with a growl, already recognizing the voice of Eros, but she hesitated a bit when she saw Vanamarilla standing next to him. She was wearing the same outfit as the other she elves and Asena couldn't help but notice how much skin she was exposing. The look in Vanamarilla's eyes was glossed over and the wolf huffed.

"Vanamarilla, why don't you show our friends what happens when you cross me."

"Vanamarilla." Asena tried to speak out to the the elf, but there was no response, she didn't even look at the wolf as she made her way past. After Eros gave his command, Vanamarilla began attacking the other elves. Asena ducked as orbs of magic flew past her and towards Criscella and Arah. She had never seen Vanamarilla's magic other than her binding. What she saw her do was almost amazing, or at least it would've been if it wouldn't have been aimed towards them.

"Woah!" Aku ducked an orb and glanced at Vanamarilla. "We need to stop her!" Aku shouted and Asena growled as she flexed her hands, extending her claws. Eros was still standing on the stairs with a grin on his face. Asena felt something hot on her back and she glanced behind her to see Vanamarilla and Criscella fighting with magic and fire.

"You." Asena hissed as she made her way towards Eros. "Give it up, even if Vanamarilla does win this fight, Criscella's fire will burn the rest of your tea. Tell her to stop!"

"She's so obedient."
Eros answered as Asena felt the anger filling her body, making her itch and ache to shift into her wolf. But she would be too large if she shifted now. "Even if she dies, she'll make sure that you all die with her." Eros began to laugh and Asena growled before lunging towards him, claws extended and ready to tear him apart. "How cute." The elf raised his hand and white barrier formed in front of him, knocking her back. "You may be a spirit, but you're still young, wolf."

Asena growled before attacking again. Her eyes were glowing as she hit the barrier and stared into Eros's eyes. She felt her teeth grow and sharpen as she pushed against his barrier. It started to give way as Asena felt herself getting hotter. Blue flames began to erupt from her hands as she glared at Eros, whose expression began to falter. Finally, the wolf gave one last push and the barrier shattered, giving her the opportunity to attack.

A snarl ripped from Asena's throat as she swiped her claws at Eros and he jumped back, the fire almost singing his skin. "You'll regret the moment you met me, elf." Asena roared as she attacked again.
Aku watched as Asena went after Eros and left the cellar. "Great." Aku grumbled as he turned back to the battling she-elves. How was he going to stop Vanamarilla on his own? He watched as the chains shot from Vanamarilla and took Criscella by the neck. "Vanamarilla, stop!" A lot happened in the moments going forward. Arah attacked, trying to get Vanamarilla to release Criscella, but in doing so, the pink haired elf released Criscella and went after Arah instead.

"Damnit."
Aku heard Asena roar outside and he began to panic. He couldn't handle two out of control people, and he knew if Asena shifted again and lost control, Vanamarilla was the only person that could bring her back. He had to do something. At this point, Vanamarilla was going to get destroyed if the two other she-elves teamed up. "What should I do...what should I do?" Aku muttered to himself as he watched Criscella blow on the candle once more and it knocked Vanamarilla back,

"Vanilla!" Aku called out as he ran to the fallen elf. "Wait! Please don't hurt her!" Vanamarilla was unconscious at this point and he glanced at Criscella. "Start destroying the tea." He ordered firmly and Criscella nodded reluctantly as she started setting the dried leaves and plants on fire. "Arah, is there any way we can break his control?"

"We need to keep them apart for a while." Arah answered as she knelt down next to Aku. "The longer she stays away from him, the more his power over her will wane. Or he needs to lose his focus." Arah looked around, finally noticing that Asena and Eros were missing. The growls and grunts of a fight being heard outside. "I guess that helps." The cellar was getting warmer as Criscella burned the plants and remains of the tea, making the liquid boil and evaporate.

"We all need to get outside." Criscella cried as the flames began to spread. "Unless you want to cook in here."

"Help me carry her." Aku grunted as he hooked his arms under Vanamarilla's arms while Arah grabbed her legs. They carried the unconscious she elf up the stairs and Aku almost dropped Vanamarilla when he saw Asena's eyes aglow, blue flames dancing around her hands. "Oh no."

Even though she wasn't fully transformed, she was still losing control. He could almost feel the rage rolling off of her and it was only a matter of time before she transformed fully and wrecked the place. And maybe killed Eros, but really, what harm could that do? Still, Aku was worried. Even if Vanamarilla did wake up soon, she would probably still be under Eros's control. Even if he shifted, as a coyote he was nothing compared to Asena.

"That wolf is more powerful than I thought." Arah muttered to herself as they both gently laid Vanamarilla on the ground. "Her energy is so...feral."

"Yeah...that's a good word for it." The coyote sighed as he watched Asena attack Eros, who was doing his best to block and counter attack. "If she loses control though, we're all going to be in trouble. She's almost unstoppable when she shifts fully and she looks like she's half way there." He glanced down at the pink haired elf. "And she's the only one that can bring Asena back when she loses control."

Aku's gaze moved back to the ferocious wolf spirit, the fire was starting to spread to the rest of her body. "Come on Asena, keep it together." He wasn't sure what they could do, but he knew he needed to something. "We need to try and wake her up."

"Seriously?" Criscella asked as she looked at Aku with wide eyes. "She tried to kill me you know! If we do manage to wake her up, what if she's still under his control?"

"If we don't wake her up, this whole place could burn to the ground...the whole city even." Aku thought back to when Asena had shifted the last time. The heat coming off of Asena was getting hotter as the fire began to migrate up her arms. "So make a decision, burn to death or fight Vanamarilla again."

"I don't like either of those options." Criscella sighed.

• Love