Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
@Greenie Heh... Heh... Yeah. @Squee Im making it right now. It'll be up tonight.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo and Greenie
Alright I have plans until tomorrow before 2, then I'll be busy again until forever. I need to see yours before I can make my second so I can make sure it compliments our crew.

@Squee I planned on making a character who used guns, I had the idea of a magic gun that used life force to fire.

@Squee I planned on making a character who used guns, I had the idea of a magic gun that used life force to fire.
That works, if it consumes life force (rather than magic energy) you can make it pretty powerful, too.

That works, if it consumes life force (rather than magic energy) you can make it pretty powerful, too.
Life for a bullet. I have it finished so ill post it in a sec, just wanna look at a few more pictures to make sure the one I have is what I want.

Name: Lupe Amor

Race: Human-Berserker

Nationality: Born in Begix, Honorary Valhallan, and an official citizen of Rothendust

Appearance:

Malenelf.jpg

Personality: Lupe Amor is a guy who moves around a lot and meets a lot of people, he was used to the quiet of walking for miles while sweating his balls off or shivering to keep warm as he trudged through harsh winter snow. In short, he's a traveler who likes company, but not because he's broke, but merely because he knows he'll eventually get bored and want to move on to the next thing. He is very talkative and likes telling the stories of his life, as he has many. Though, many are initially put off by his scary appearance when he tries to be so friendly, he's run into many people who have written him off just because of his looks.

You could infer from his traveling that he is a bit of a gambler, staking the chance of whether he'll survive his trek to the next city/village all on luck. He does not often leap before looking because he feels he would never leap if he knew what was at the bottom, and not moving forward is scarier than death to him. He also fidgets, a lot, its especially annoying to let this man sit anywhere above you, he will not stop shaking his leg.

He lives by his own personal mantra of, "What's next?", and it's always on his mind

Weapon(s) and Attire:

Magic Rifle: The magic rifle is basically a musket that replaces its mechanisms for gunpowder for a strange trinket that absorbs lifeforce. The trinket sits directly in front of where the trigger is and is a big metal orb that stores life energy. When the gun is ready to fire (something has died near it) the skull hammer's eyes will light up and the user can pull the hammer back, which sits perpendicular to the gun's barrel. The skull will stop once its reached just behind a valve on the orb's side. When fired the skull will smack down onto the nozzle of the valve and suck up the life energy, convert it into a metal bullet, and fire. This creates a delay from pulling the trigger to firing that lasts about half a second. The rifle has a stock to slide under the arm and a four-foot-long metal barrel that extends two feet passed its smooth wooden body.

Dual Flintlocks: Two flintlock pistols that sit on his chest via a strap wrapped around him. They both are a mahogany color and a foot long. Their barrels are thin and rifled allowing bullets to hit their mark. Lupe carries ammunition in small pouches on his strap. It takes approximately fifteen to twenty seconds to reload each gun. He mostly loads both and fires one, then the other (if needed), and then tries to reload.

Cutlass: Its blade is 20 inches in length and ¼ inch wide with a slight curve that starts closer to its end. The blade handle is 7 inches long and covers the wielder's hand.

Not counting what he normally carries such as food, first aid, and other things he might need while journeying, he carries a total of eighteen to twenty pounds around in weaponry. 10 for the rifle, 2.5 for each pistol, 3 pounds for the cutlass, and the rest is ammo for the pistols.

Magic:

Naturally Lucky: There is no way a man survives the amount of crap Lupe does without an extreme amount of luck. He lives life on a coin toss and always lands heads, betraying his gut is most likely the worst idea he can think of, but sometimes his gut doesn't make sense.

Fire-starting: With one finger he can make a small flame, enough to light a cigarette.

Skills:

Marksman: Lupe's first weapon was a gun and since then he has perfected his aim on animals and, in rare cases, people. He doesn't miss often, but he's only human.

Fighter: He is not much of a swordsman, but he can swing his sword, throw his fists, and launch his legs to incapacitate his opponents. He relies mostly on wit and opportunity when fighting as he has no formal training, only experience.

Survivalist: Lupe has been on his own for a while and knows first-aid, what to eat in every wood around Rothendust, Kindred Sanctuaries, and Valhalla, and he knows how to sleep at night without dying. He can run if needed and hide when necessary. He knows how to hunt, skin animals, and cook animals so that they are edible, maybe tasty if he puts forth the effort and has spices.

History:

Lupe's mother was bed-ridden, unable to walk, she could get herself into a chair that his father had fixed some wheels onto, but other than that she was stuck in that bed. She was a loving woman, as loving as any person could possibly be and ever since Lupe was small she drove the thought in his head to not look at her with pity and to look forward, find what was next. And so, as his mother wished, he lived his life always looking forward and never letting something hold him down.

Lupe wanted to be a carpenter at first, he thought that the chair his father built was ingenious, so he worked as a carpenter when he was sixteen. Everyday he went out and looked at houses and buildings, sometimes he was seeing what he would need for when he came back to fix it and sometimes he was there to fix something, but there was never a feeling of doing something. So, not seeing it fit him he moved on after seeing some men with guns.

The only problem with his next step was that the person he heard gave the men their guns lived far away. So, instead of looking around his town for a gunsmith, he journeyed out into the wilderness at the young age of eighteen with no experience and by sheer force of will, stupidity, and luck he managed to reach Rothendust where he found the gunsmith who sold the men he met their guns. The man taught Lupe in exchange for his services, but Lupe and the man both quickly found out he was not cut out for this line of work. So, admiring his strength and determination he sent Lupe on his way with a pistol to protect himself with.

This pattern continued for years, some people were nice like the gunsmith and others were nastier than the beasts that roamed the north. Speaking of which, Lupe had few experiences with north, but whenever he went, he went to the same bar where he met the same oafs who gave him a beating just because he wanted to serve them ale. A rite of passage to work there was the first excuse, the second time they were drunk, and the last time he held his own and because of that they showed him some respect for constantly braving the winters just to get stronger.

This was Lupe's life story, constantly walking, riding, and piggybacking across the world, learning various trades and perfecting them for no reason other than the next needed the current thing. By his twenties Lupe was sure he'd been everywhere except uncharted territory and he was content with how life was going. He felt truly blessed to travel the world so unhindered as he did, but of course that thinking brought on the bad luck of some crazy ordeal.

It was a normal day in the Begix territory, Lupe had asked a wizard to teach him a spell of fire, so he could travel much easier, and with a mixture of coin and curiosity the wizard was persuaded into teaching Lupe. The spell was much easier to learn than anticipated, but Lupe continued to help the man gather his herbs and such to secretly learn about them as he helped. The wizard was an alchemist for the village and was working on a special weapon using his theory of equivalent exchange. Lupe didn't notice the hungry eyes of a couple regulars and one day they struck in the dead of night.

The wizard hurried Lupe out of his bed and told him what was going on. Both made a mad dash for the store and were lucky enough to see the thieves running off, instinctively Lupe took his gun out and shot a thief in the back, he stumbled and the other two turned to help him, but were hit by the wizard's magic. Lupe and the wizard then ran at the men to see what they had taken. They were all laying on the floor rolling around with the wizard's gun hugged by one of them. He went to grab the weapon from what he thought was a dead man, but was promptly skewered. Lupe kicked the attacker with his foot and pulled out his pistol to shoot the other man the mage had hit just in case.

That's how it happened that Lupe got that strange gun. He sat there with the four dead bodies for a minute, three of which he had killed, before grabbing some help. Luckily, it seemed they belonged to some group, as determined by the tattoos on their body, so did the wizard apparently. However, that gun had a horrible past that followed Lupe like a ghost. So, he was forced to fend off attackers from that organization for years.

Not wanting to involve others he hid in the woods where he met a hermit swordsman who'd been surviving out there for years for some spiritual journey. He lived with this guy, learning how to survive man and the elements alike, he would've just gotten rid of the gun, but he didn't think that wizard would want them to have it, so he was happy to risk his life for it. Never once did destroying it cross his mind, it just didn't, same way asking for a gunsmith in Begix never did. Then out of nowhere they stopped, after years of attacking him and his hermit swordsman they simply stopped attacking. He didn't know why, he had no desire to investigate why, and was ecstatic that he could get back to his life of adventuring.

Though, after enduring that and finally settling down as a farmhand he received word about a mysterious island and that an order was looking for men brave enough to explore it. Fate had called his name once again.

I have read the rules.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PoetLore
If you guys dont mind I'd like to use Jessica from the previous roleplay @Squee hosted for my second character. I never really did use her and I like her.

Name: Jessica Yun
Gander: Female
Race: Human Elf
Appearance:
Jessica.jpg
Height: 6'1''
Body Type: Low fat and medium to high muscle. Body is thicker than shown while still being delicate enough to conduct rudimentary surgery. She is pretty even throughout in terms of proportion and heavy than her looks let on.
Notable Marks: None.
Apparel not in the picture: Ignore the blade. Pay attention to her left hand, the bracer is different than her right.

Personality: Jessica is a down-to-earth and quick-witted spirit. She doesn't take people's shit often, but that's not to say she doesn't listen to someone's problems. In fact, she is often an excellent person to speak to when feeling down, but if all your gonna give her is a bunch of anger and yelling, she will quickly show you what for. To most strangers Jessica seems like a calm woman, who just goes about her business, but to her friends she is an easily annoyed lady who knows what she wants.

But, this woman does have a soft side, she likes things and dislikes things just like any human being. An odd thing she has grown a liking to, due to her experience, is the orange, a fruit said to keep away scurvy and singing, as a lot of boats she has been have taken a liking to it to pass time. Something that she dislikes would be being rushed or put upon, lied to, and mint, she hates mint.

Weapon(s):
A hunting knife made by her brother. it is 5 inches long and an inch wide. The grip is leather and has a dandy trinket hanging off of it that is the symbol of his boat.

A sword given to her by her jealous older brother. After seeing what the younger one had given her he gave her this masterpiece. It is not a Leon original, but it's expensive and well-crafted. A 27 inch long and 1 inch wide blade styled like a taotie jian longsword.

Magic:
Healing Magic: Flesh Wounds
Small wounds are easily healed by touch and medicine. Jessica applies a special elixir to the wounds and then the simple touch of Jessica's hand will heal most cuts, scrapes, and bruises overnight. Anything beyond that, is beyond her magical ability.

Telekinesis: True Weight
Jessica can lift things through telekenetic magic, but everything she lifts puts a strain on her equal to lifting it herself. Therefore she could not whisk a man like Saethos into the air, for she could probably barely lift him by herself. However, she could shoot a needle across a room without effort. In the case of multiple objects, the rules do not change, their weight is cumulative. This ability's range is also limited to the size of a large skiff.

Skills:
  • She punches the shit out of people. She's deceptively strong after having to restrain criminals and stupid fisherman she had to work on by herself, trying to save their lives, while they tried to take hers due to the sheer pain of some operations.
  • She is an excellent doctor on both the magical and medicinal side. She has knowledge of herbs, anatomy of the body, diseases, and can pick up tell-tale signs of sickness. In addition she also knows surgery and can heal through her magic.
  • She has contacts all over and her name precedes her. The Sage's name holds power in a lot of situations.
History:
There is not a man harder to understand than Jessica's father. He loved women, of all races, he accepted all cultures, but what he wanted, I don't whether to call it twisted or crazy. Jessica's father was a pure human man, driven by lust, but a lust to mate with each species and so he did (each one he could mate with that is). He managed to pull a berserker, the dragoons didn't scare him away, the elves were child's play, and of course, his own species, the humans. Jessica was the one born from the easiest of his scores. She was born a half-elf, the middle child among a dragoon elder brother, and berserker kid brother. Fights were not fun to get into and often led to the brothers getting injured. Jessica tended to their wounds often and habit turned into a hobby. Jessica's desires were funded by the siblings' many mothers who did not want to deal with their father, but wished the best for their children.

Jessica's brothers were her main source of inspiration, their violent natures only grew as the grew older, even to the point of messing with the wrong crowd. This is when her older brother Leon found the underground as a safe haven to show off his brute strength and her younger brother found joy in apprenticing as a fisherman. While they went off discovering themselves, Jessica took some time to do the same and met the love of her life, Kyon. He was an elf and fluent in mystical arts, but Jessica only seemed to notice his face, ears, body, sometimes dropping even lower. Though, eventually his words reached her ears and Jessica decided to dabble in magic in order to catch his attention.

For the majority of her life, Jessica's father was rather passive and just observant of his children. It was rare to see him command them to do anything other than not kill each other or break something. But, when Jessica met Kyon, her father got super involved out of nowhere. He would ask about him and, as awkward as it was, she would talk, the boys took no offense to this, they did not want to explain their days to their father if he was all of a sudden deciding to be fatherly. Eventually, the father confessed his reasoning for the children's diversity. Lucky for him, he was generally a good guy and the children just took it as weird, after they had gotten over how disgusting it was. Jessica then understood his worries and told Kyon she wouldn't go passed a kiss until she was married.

Jessica became more involved in her studies in medicine and started at a nearby clinic to learn from a professional. Kyon became lonely and found work with her younger brother, Gary. This worked out for Jessica because she had no free time, she had become consumed by work, people would come from the port and she'd have to patch them up, but what really screwed her over was her older brother. After saving his life, he mentioned her name a few times, and now Jessica was also patching up her brother's fellow criminals. All hours of the day people would knock on the door to her home or clinic and she and her master would goto work. The tricks she had learned from Kyon made this process go by much smoother. Eventually the girl got sick of it and assigned hours that favors could be asked of her outside of work. Only one group ever dared try and test her, she and her brother made short work of them, and from then on everyone obeyed her hours, even if they were missing a limb.

After sorting out work Jessica started to talk to Kyon much more often and their relationship soared. She told him about her crazy patients and he told her about his adventures with her brother. They soon became married and started living in their own home. During this time in her life Jessica experienced many things; She met her mother for the first time, made a name for herself in both society and the underground world as a sage, scoodly-wooped with Kyon, and watched Kyon go off on a trip with her brother and neither return ever again. She later got a letter saying that the two had found love. It was a wonderful time to be alive. She held no grudge against her brother or Kyon, she wouldn't waste the energy, instead she stayed home and worked with her elder brother's criminals.

Jessica spent a lot of time with her brother and eventually she had figured out how the whole underground scene worked for her. And it brought in quite a bit of revenue, so she asked to train with her brother so that she could handle herself around these brutes, he agreed with no questions asked. So, during their free time the brother and sister bonded through exercise and during her work the sister would have no end of bodies to deal with. As far as that training went, neither had any formal training with a sword, but she boxed with him a lot and often had to fix herself for a change.

Life had reached a stalemate at this point. The body count started to die down around the time that Jessica and her brother stopped training so regularly, from what she knew there had been a long standing gang war that resulted in her work. So, while sitting there in her office one day she was approached by two men and given a letter, she was recommended to go on a voyage to the shadowy place everyone was murmuring about. They believed that her "skill with medicine was something to admire and her resolve something to be respected", what really sold it were the cuffs on the side of the men who gave her the letter and their faces, they were overjoyed to see her.

I'd adapt her to this of course.

Last edited:
  • Love
I've had a hell of a weekend, I'll read those bios when I get back from work.

I'm so sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys, the month I've had has been insane. ANyway, @ShiroKiyoshi
Magic Rifle:
2 seconds is a long time, buff this.
Naturally Lucky
Very creative use of magic. I like it.
He didn't know why, he had no desire to investigate why
Funny enough that this roleplay takes place in the same timeline as my character Cyrenaciea, who coincidentally is responsible for the felling of an assassin organization who used a lot of death-linked weapons. She, ironically, uses one as well, though it contains the remaining spirit of her former lover. Cyrenaciea was also a student under Saethos back in his teaching days. Perhaps there's a connection here...Her actions were described by others as a valiant battling of a dark organization, though had any witnessed it and survived they'd call it a burtalization of no discrimination. Don't piss off Cyrenaciea.

And yes, you can use Jessica if you adapt her. All that really needs to change is the history.

I'm so sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys, the month I've had has been insane. ANyway, @ShiroKiyoshi

2 seconds is a long time, buff this.

Very creative use of magic. I like it.

Funny enough that this roleplay takes place in the same timeline as my character Cyrenaciea, who coincidentally is responsible for the felling of an assassin organization who used a lot of death-linked weapons. She, ironically, uses one as well, though it contains the remaining spirit of her former lover. Cyrenaciea was also a student under Saethos back in his teaching days. Perhaps there's a connection here...Her actions were described by others as a valiant battling of a dark organization, though had any witnessed it and survived they'd call it a burtalization of no discrimination. Don't piss off Cyrenaciea.

And yes, you can use Jessica if you adapt her. All that really needs to change is the history.
Awesome, thanks. Ill get to work on stuff this week then. Whats ETA on IC?

Saturday night!

Woohoo Can't Wait!

Name: Jessica Yun
Gander: Female
Race: Human Elf
Appearance:
Jessica.jpg
Height: 6'1''
Body Type: Low fat and medium to high muscle. Body is thicker than shown while still being delicate enough to conduct rudimentary surgery. She is pretty even throughout in terms of proportion and heavy than her looks let on.
Notable Marks: None.
Apparel not in the picture: Ignore the blade. Pay attention to her left hand, the bracer is different than her right.

Personality: Jessica is a down-to-earth and quick-witted spirit. She doesn't take people's shit often, but that's not to say she doesn't listen to someone's problems. In fact, she is often an excellent person to speak to when feeling down, but if all your gonna give her is a bunch of anger and yelling, she will quickly show you what for. To most strangers Jessica seems like a calm woman, who just goes about her business, but to her friends she is an easily annoyed lady who knows what she wants.

But, this woman does have a soft side, she likes things and dislikes things just like any human being. An odd thing she has grown a liking to, due to her experience, is the orange, a fruit said to keep away scurvy and singing, as a lot of boats she has been have taken a liking to it to pass time. Something that she dislikes would be being rushed or put upon, lied to, and mint, she hates mint.

Weapon(s):
A hunting knife made by her brother. it is 5 inches long and an inch wide. The grip is leather and has a dandy trinket hanging off of it that is the symbol of his boat.

A sword given to her by her jealous older brother. After seeing what the younger one had given her he gave her this masterpiece. It is not a Leon original, but it's expensive and well-crafted. A 27 inch long and 1 inch wide blade styled like a taotie jian longsword.

Magic:
Healing Magic: Flesh Wounds
Small wounds are easily healed by touch and medicine. Jessica applies a special elixir to the wounds and then the simple touch of Jessica's hand will heal most cuts, scrapes, and bruises overnight. Anything beyond that, is beyond her magical ability.

Telekinesis: True Weight
Jessica can lift things through telekenetic magic, but everything she lifts puts a strain on her equal to lifting it herself. Therefore she could not whisk a man like Saethos into the air, for she could probably barely lift him by herself. However, she could shoot a needle across a room without effort. In the case of multiple objects, the rules do not change, their weight is cumulative. This ability's range is also limited to the size of a large skiff.

Skills:
  • She punches the shit out of people. She's deceptively strong after having to restrain criminals and stupid fisherman she had to work on by herself, trying to save their lives, while they tried to take hers due to the sheer pain of some operations.
  • She is an excellent doctor on both the magical and medicinal side. She has knowledge of herbs, anatomy of the body, diseases, and can pick up tell-tale signs of sickness. In addition she also knows surgery and can heal through her magic.
  • She has contacts all over and her name precedes her. The Sage's name holds power in a lot of situations.
History:
There is not a man harder to understand than Jessica's father. He loved women, of all races, he accepted all cultures, but what he wanted, I don't whether to call it twisted or crazy. Jessica's father was a pure human man, driven by lust, but a lust to mate with each species and so he did (each one he could mate with that is). He managed to pull a berserker, the dragoons didn't scare him away, the elves were child's play, and of course, his own species, the humans. Jessica was the one born from the easiest of his scores. She was born a half-elf, the middle child among a dragoon elder brother, and berserker kid brother. Fights were not fun to get into and often led to the brothers getting injured. Jessica tended to their wounds often and habit turned into a hobby. Jessica's desires were funded by the siblings' many mothers who did not want to deal with their father, but wished the best for their children.

Jessica's brothers were her main source of inspiration, their violent natures only grew as the grew older, even to the point of messing with the wrong crowd. This is when her older brother Leon found the underground as a safe haven to show off his brute strength and her younger brother found joy in apprenticing as a fisherman. While they went off discovering themselves, Jessica took some time to do the same and met the love of her life, Kyon. He was an elf and fluent in mystical arts, but Jessica only seemed to notice his face, ears, body, sometimes dropping even lower. Though, eventually his words reached her ears and Jessica decided to dabble in magic in order to catch his attention.

For the majority of her life, Jessica's father was rather passive and just observant of his children. It was rare to see him command them to do anything other than not kill each other or break something. But, when Jessica met Kyon, her father got super involved out of nowhere. He would ask about him and, as awkward as it was, she would talk, the boys took no offense to this, they did not want to explain their days to their father if he was all of a sudden deciding to be fatherly. Eventually, the father confessed his reasoning for the children's diversity. Lucky for him, he was generally a good guy and the children just took it as weird, after they had gotten over how disgusting it was. Jessica then understood his worries and told Kyon she wouldn't go passed a kiss until she was married.

Jessica became more involved in her studies in medicine and started at a nearby clinic to learn from a professional. Kyon became lonely and found work with her younger brother, Gary. This worked out for Jessica because she had no free time, she had become consumed by work, people would come from the port and she'd have to patch them up, but what really screwed her over was her older brother. After saving his life, he mentioned her name a few times, and now Jessica was also patching up her brother's fellow criminals. All hours of the day people would knock on the door to her home or clinic and she and her master would goto work. The tricks she had learned from Kyon made this process go by much smoother. Eventually the girl got sick of it and assigned hours that favors could be asked of her outside of work. Only one group ever dared try and test her, she and her brother made short work of them, and from then on everyone obeyed her hours, even if they were missing a limb.

After sorting out work Jessica started to talk to Kyon much more often and their relationship soared. She told him about her crazy patients and he told her about his adventures with her brother. They soon became married and started living in their own home. During this time in her life Jessica experienced many things; She met her mother for the first time, made a name for herself in both society and the underground world as a sage, scoodly-wooped with Kyon, and watched Kyon go off on a trip with her brother and neither return ever again. She later got a letter saying that the two had found love. It was a wonderful time to be alive. She held no grudge against her brother or Kyon, she wouldn't waste the energy, instead she stayed home and worked with her elder brother's criminals.

Jessica spent a lot of time with her brother and eventually she had figured out how the whole underground scene worked for her. And it brought in quite a bit of revenue, so she asked to train with her brother so that she could handle herself around these brutes, he agreed with no questions asked. So, during their free time the brother and sister bonded through exercise and during her work the sister would have no end of bodies to deal with. As far as that training went, neither had any formal training with a sword, but she boxed with him a lot and often had to fix herself for a change.

Life had reached a stalemate at this point. The body count started to die down around the time that Jessica and her brother stopped training so regularly, from what she knew there had been a long standing gang war that resulted in her work. So, while sitting there in her office one day she was approached by two men and given a letter, she was recommended to go on a voyage to the shadowy place everyone was murmuring about. They believed that her "skill with medicine was something to admire and her resolve something to be respected", what really sold it were the cuffs on the side of the men who gave her the letter and their faces, they were overjoyed to see her.

Status
Not open for further replies.