Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
Because I feel like I've poofed just wanted to say, I am working on my sheet I promise.

Reactions: PoetLore
[fieldbox="Arnis Brymit, white, dotted"]Name: Arnis Brymit
Race: Dragoon
Nationality: Begix Territory, Danderis
final_fantasy_xiv_fanart_my_character_by_ponakita_d9ewity.jpg

Appearance: Arnis stands 6'3" and weighs 280 pounds. He has dark scales covering most of his back and there is a row of spines protruding down along his back and running the full length of his five and a half foot long tail of the same color. These scales frame his face but do not cover it, and run along the front of his neck and along the upper portion of his chest. His forearms and the backs of his hands as well as his thighs and calves are covered in these scales as well, ending a feet that are more clawed talons than feet. His palms are human-like and though his fingernails are thick claws he can use utensils and grip things as a human would. He also has leathery wings that fold behind him most of the time that when fully extended span just shy of nine feet. His eyes are an odd mix of red and orange making them appear to be aflame at times and are made even more striking in contrast to his nearly black hair. He has horns that curl around his ears which as actually bony protrusions similar to the spines on his back. He has taken a liking to carving patterns in them as an adult and to sharpening the ends to keep them the same length preferring not to allow them to grown any more than they have at present.

Personality: Arnis is a hard working man. He was taught from a young age that men do not eat if they do not work, and Arnis thoroughly enjoys eating. He is hot tempered, but has learned to channel his aggression into fighting beasts and invaders who might think them an easy target. He has a strong bigotry against anyone who uses magic, seeing it as weakness and almost as if they cheat their way through life in ease instead of through honest labor.

He is not a friendly man, but when you gain his trust he is the one you can turn to in time of crisis to be there to help. He speaks very little, and when he does it is generally in anger or frustration that cannot be contained. He is defensive of his race and the prejudices he feels against them, especially from elves. He has a good deal of 'street smarts' but not much formal education. While he is far from stupid, his strengths do not lie with such things. His knowledge is of a useful sort, gathered through work and experience. He is loyal to his home, and the people that dwell there and does not spend much time accumulating personal possessions. He is physically strong and tireless.

Weapons and Attire:Arnis wears a long flowing black cape that covers his tail and the spines down his back, because he was told they scare children. His wings however fold over the cape at the sides. He wears a breastpate to protect his chest where he is not scaled, and a fauld and tasset of thick leather covered in steel below the breastplate that comes to where the scales begin on his thighs. When working he can most often be seen with a large sledge hammer, but when in battle he prefers his sword, which he has affectionately named Sin. Sin is a double sided broadsword that was forged by a master by request to have the blade and hilt of a single piece of steel. The grip is expended to accommodate two hands should he need the extra power in the swing, but it can be used single handed as well. When he needs to travel away from town, he carries a satchel at his side with provisions and which has a bedroll and blanket attached to the bottom. It is usually concealed beneath his cloak on his back.

Magic: None, and he is rightly happy about it too.

History: Arnis doesn't really remember much about his childhood, since he started working at a fairly young age to help his mother care for his three sisters and two brothers. Being the oldest, he felt it proper to become the man of the house when their father mysteriously disappeared when he was not yet twelve years old. It was initially believed he had fallen victim to the beasts, but word reached him via a passing trader that he was alive and well, living with a new wife outside Rothendust. He was seventeen when they received that news and his initial impulse was to seek him out and drag him back to care for his responsibilities but perhaps his human father did not see his dragoon halflings as responsibilities. After much pounding at the mine and many killed beasts, he had decided that they were better off without him, and chose not to inform his mother or the others of what he had been told.

Their town was a lazy, quiet kind of place for the most part, so when word of the massacre of the party sent by the Kindred to the dark island reached them, there was a sense of dismay, but it was almost as quickly forgotten. But not by Arnis. He sought out any information that could be found, and was even making inquiry into what was being done. He was frustrated by the lack of concern he sensed in many of the others around him. How could they not see that this place and the beasts were linked? that to unearth the mysteries of this island was to be free of the menaces that surrounded them?

One day however, a letter came extending an invitation to him to represent Danderis as part of a group that would venture forth to the island. He spoke to his family, and left his mother everything he had saved, retaining only a bit for his journey, to care for the family. His brothers were now old enough to help as well so he felt safe in leaving them though it was a difficult thing for him to do.

Yes, I read the rules, all of them.[/fieldbox]

That pic looks familiar

it's one of Squee's...my three hours of looking got me NOWHERE

when word of the massacre of the party sent by the espers to the dark island reached them,
It was the Kindred that launched the first Expedition. This part wasn't stated, but their first expedition was specific to the Kindred because they feared others might use the source of its magic for something sinister.

• Useful
  • Thank You
She's coming along alright, I'm sick right now though and finals is going to crush me. But I think I should have something up soonish.

• Thank You
Reactions: Squee
My char may have visited the Sanctuary but he's not actually from there.

I'm planning a Kindred character... finding faceclaims is hard though... be warned in advance if I end up using someone's really good homestuck fanart as a faceclaim >~<

My dude's faceclaim is this :D

36aa0e7255544a91554ba704d8d4c863.jpg

Im going for a hooman so probably not i'd geuss

I'm planning a Kindred character... finding faceclaims is hard though... be warned in advance if I end up using someone's really good homestuck fanart as a faceclaim >~<
Let's see here, I have a few stored, I'll dig them up.

Female: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Male: 1 | 2 | 3... I could have sworn I had more than 3 male Kindred images, but I guess not......

Looks like I will likely be playing our Athal representative. I'm ok with that, Espers are fun.

The Legend of the Cryptid Kindred faceclaim is my fav XD

I'm not planning to make more at this point. If it seems like we need more once things get going I can add later?

Name: Maylee Hariwarak
Race: Elf
Nationality: The Begix Territory
Appearance:
vzKJ1UF.jpg

Approximately 5'6 in height, Maylee is not the tallest elf around. She is more wiry than slim, her skin is tanned from hours under the sun, with a small dash of freckles at the bridge of her nose and cheeks. Her eyes are a mix of blue and grey, depending on the light around her. Her long and luscious red hair is usually back and out of her face.​

Personality: Maylee has always been a friendly individual, someone who will more often than not have a smile on her face. She's a sincere sort who tries to make the best of the opportunities given to her, an optimistic who will look at the glass half full rather than half empty. If she can help someone out, she'll try, or at least attempt to find solutions. However, she does know her limits as well.

She's also a rather curious individual. While she appreciates the skills and magic she has, she enjoys learning new thing, especially from those who aren't of her race. Speaking of race, she is quite tolerable of those who aren't elves, in fact, to the degree that she doesn't really see any difference between races apart from the obvious; she doesn't consider one superior over the other. She judges people based on who they are rather than what they are.

Hard working and industrious are two words that people may use to describe Maylee, and they fit quite well. It has been her habit since she was a child to finish things to completion, so when she is involved in something, she gives it her all. That doesn't mean she's a workaholic by any means. Maylee likes to enjoy all aspects of life, so when it's time to relax, that is what she'll do. However, more often than not she likes to keep herself occupied, be it working with plants, reading a book, or even something simpler.

Weapon(s) and Attire:
  • A five foot long stick, about one and a half inch thick, enchanted to imitate living wood. She can easily form this weapon to make a weapon of her choice.
  • A hunting knife [spoili]
    187.png
    [/spoili]
  • A quiver with ten arrows.
  • Maylee dresses rather simply in a sleeveless, loose dark tunic, with dark loose knee-length pantaloons, held up with both a drawstring as well as a brown leather belt. She also has a leather vest she wears as protection as well as a pair of sturdy leather gloves and dark brown leather boots.
Magic: Plant manipulation- She can quicken the growth of plants as well as shape them, aiding in creating green lands. Like this she can also shape and form living plants and trees to her fancy. While this holds true over live greenery, it is less so with dead plants, taking more effort with less predictable results.

Skills:
  • Having been involved in growing greenlife most of her life, Maylee's got more than a green thumb in that department.
  • While she may seem more of a nurturer than a fighter, she is a good shot and can use her dagger to a good degree when in close combat.
  • Being naturally light footed and growing around many trees has naturally made it quite easy for Maylee to be wander both silently and unnoticed. She also uses her litheness when fighting against rogues or monsters.
History: Maylee was born in the Begix Territory, unlike most elves. Her family had lived there for centuries before her, taking care of the oasis they had carefully tended to for many, many years. She had three other siblings, a couple of older brothers and a sister, making her the youngest of the lot. That being said, she wasn't around her siblings much as they were busy with their own studies and work. Her parents were much the same, indulgent in their own affairs, leaving Maylee with an elderly dragoon who would take care of her.

Being around someone from the other race since birth, as well as the fact that she was dragoon country, most of the people she met aside from her own family were the nationals. She grew up rather tolerant and pretty much indifferent to differences in race… in fact, despite her looks, she had inculcated many of the traits that dragoons were known for, hardworking with a strong body, the latter due to the physical exertion she would take upon herself.

As she reached neared her twenties, Maylee began to take interest in the oasis that was one of the sole sources of greenery in the Begix Territory. At first it was simply normal gardening, which she took to like fish in water. However, as she carried on with her tasks, she discovered that she was slowly able to coax plants into becoming sturdier and stronger. With time and practice, she found herself becoming quite adept at using her magic to further and strengthen the oasis.

While it was the bulk part of her day, Maylee would obviously take the evenings and night off to travel through the city, sometimes going as for as the border. The desert heat was something she had grown used to a long time ago, and night was always cool anyway. It was here she met Kirn Firaser, a mixed blood fellow who seemed to favour his kindred and human heritage, though perhaps there was something a little dragoon in him as well.

Their friendship was odd yet fast, seeing Kirn was a quiet yet friendly individual who was quite adept at making potions. He was a traveler and had decided to stop in the Begix Territory for a while, eager to learn more about dragoons as well as visit the oasis and learn about the plants within as well as the various medicinal qualities they may have. The friendship grew to such an extent that when it was time for Kirn to finally leave, Maylee decided to accompany him, deciding it would do her good to travel. What better way than with a friend?

Her travels continued for a good couple of years before she returned home to resume to her daily life. However, the seed of travel had spouted within her, and she did often find herself wishing to see more of the world. So, when she heard of an expedition to a newly discovered island, Maylee volunteered immediately.

I have read the rules.

Last edited:
  • Love
Status
Not open for further replies.