Insane or "Different"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He pulled himself away from the window, furiously scolding himself inside his head as he lied down in his bed. He pulled the covers up to his nose, rolling from side to side in frustration. He shouldn't do things on impulse, it always created trouble for him. Now it was randomly kissing some guy he'd barely known for a day. The moment had just seemed so right at that time... like it was a completely natural thing to do, and because of that he'd thoughtlessly acted on it.

He shivered as a crisp nightly breeze poured into the hollow apartment. He pulled his sleeves under his hands, and wrapped his arms around himself. "So cold.." He thought. It would be pretty hard to sleep when the cold was constantly wrapping around his body, but he tried anyways, and hoped it would be morning when he woke up. Having his arms still wrapped a around his body, he began to close his eyes. Color blurred, and then everything faded to black. Surprisingly, he was sound asleep, and the breeze no longer seemed to bother him.

Last edited:
He wanted more than anything to have Stephen at his side, talking with him, well, he just wanted the other's presence. He sighed to himself and let his gaze wander across the room. If he could somehow convince that Stephen would stay with him. "It's hopeless, I won't be able to do such a thing, plus he probably thinks I'm some freak now, with me suddenly kissing him..." He thought bitterly to himself, hitting himself on the forehead.

After sleeping for about 5 whole minutes, Stephen's eyes shot open. They scanned around the room, since that was the only muscle in his body that he could move. His breathing was a bit heavy than it normally was, and his skin had nearly just turned paler than it was. "What's happening..." He whispered to himself, since he couldn't move an inch. He just stared up at the ceiling, watching shadowy figures glide across the ceiling. But it was his imagination.

He tried hard to contain himself, but eventually, his legs got him up from the bed. He put on a pair of long pants instead of shorts, and a sweater over the top. He then put on his jacket and for some reason, out he was again. He walked across in hiding of the shadows to where Stephen was. At first he didn't enter the house, he just stood outside and watched the sleeping Stephen. The door was on a side of the house that couldn't be seen from the main road, one of the main reasons that it wasn't a practical house. He sat down and leaned against the wall, looking up at the sky. "What am I doing here, anyways...?" He thought to himself as he sat there.

He didn't seem to notice anything...exept Adrian's presence."Help..." Stephen whispered in a hoarse voice. Tears formed in his eyes. Becoming aware of himself, he removed his mask which was nearly suffocating his face. The tears glimmered in the moonlight, as they streamed down his cheeks. Slowly sitting up, he looked around in confusion. It was just simply a nightmare-- no more, no less. He sighed in anger and shielded his eyes before anyone could see them. He rarely ever cried, even if he was alone and wasn't around with anyone at his side.

He widened his eyes slightly spotting Stephen's tears, slipping inside and wrapping his arms around the other when he was covering his eyes. He didn't want to speak. He'd seen it and Stephen probably knew that from his actions. He hadn't wanted to spy like that, he just had this invisible power inside him dragging him to Stephen whether he wanted to or not. "It's going to be okay..." He whispered softly in the other's ear, stroking his hair. He didn't know what else to say, seeing as he was a horrible comforter of others. But still he wanted to help, especially Stephen who he had just met and who was the first person to actually show him care. He pulled away from Stephen after a little while, the blush having creeped back onto his cheeks. He hadn't planned on being seen and now he remembered the things that happened last time he showed up in the house.

He felt a pair of arms wrap around him. He automatically knew who it was, of course. He let his arms drop, now revealing his teary eyes. He just stared blankly at the floor, not really showing any emotion. His eyes began to fill with tears again, as he began to get even more frustrated with himself. Just someone seeing Stephen like this was rare, but he just felt like crying until he cried blood, if someone saw him like that. "No, nothing's going to be okay." He whispered silently, in response town at Adrian said, but at the same time, he was talking to himself. He brung his knees up to his chest, and rested his forehead on his knees, wrapping his slender arms around his head, so no one could see his face. He tightly clenched his fist, and began to sob into his arms. He figured he'd just let it all out, instead of taking his anger out on people.

"I'm not listening, it's going to be okay..." he said softly as he put his fingers through Stephen's hair. He knew what Stephen was going through, after all, he was in the middle of it himself as well. He knew that even if it didn't seem like it was going to be okay, something was going to be okay, and that was enough for him. He looked at Stephen as his face disappeared in his arms, just continuing to stroke his hair. He didn't know how to react any longer, or if he should say something. Instead he just wrapped his small arms around the other boy, comforting him in the only way he could think of. With physical contact. Though, after a while, he decided to pull Stephen's arms away, and pulls his face up. He wiped the other's tears away and smiled a little. "You don't need to hide from me... everything's going to be okay, no matter what you say, okay?" He whispered while looking into Stephen's eyes, making sure the other understood that he was entirely confident in his words. He was going to make Stephen believe in him as well, whatever the cost. For once in life, a person who he didn't want to give up on showed up. And he wouldn't get a night's rest before he'd reached his goal.

His sobbing got quieter and quieter, until he eventually ceased. He kept his head hidden deep into his arms, as the other continued on to stroke his hair. He was just way too lost in his thoughts. He didn't really know why he was feeling that particular way. He snapped out of it, when he felt arms wrap around him once more. He still continued to look down at the barren, cold floor, not really knowing how to react. Soon after a while, his head was lifted, and his tears were wiped away by the other boy. He could feel his eyes burning through his. It was pretty awkward, because he wasn't used to looking into people's eyes. Hearing what the other said, Stephen slowly nodded in understandment. But even though, one side of him told him to belive, and the other side of him practically denied it. He just couldn't really bring himself to belive what people said. He felt trapped in his own mind. "Are you positive everything's going to be just fine..?" He asked in a quivery, low voice. There was also nervousness in his voice.

He smiled softly and looked down at Stephen as he finished. He sat and thought about the question for a little while, seriously considering it. He then looked down at Stephen, and leaned closer so their faces were barely inches apart, to make sure that the other boy would get the message of his words. "Yes, I'm positive. I swear with my heart and soul to do anything so that my words will stay truthful." He pulled back awkwardly after a moment and then smiled at Stephen. He looked entirely sure of his own words, and he was sure as hell going to do everything he could to prove them true. He hugged Stephen again, stroking his hair and pulling him close. He didn't want the other to start crying again, and he wanted for once in his life to do something good. He didn't think about the fact that their position made it so that Stephen's head was against his chest, making him able to feel the slight curve in Adrian's chest proving his true physical form. He hated having them and wanted them gone, ever since puberty set in he'd wanted to cut up his body. He'd never done it. And now he was here, able to help another. For once, he felt as if he had made the right choice.

Redness slowly, began to creep onto his cheeks, as the other leaned closer. Hearing what he said, Stephen slowly nodded again, knowing he meant what he said. It was just all clear to him, now. "I-I understand.." He whispered, his voice still being a bit shaky and filled with nervousness. Seeing that the other smiled at him, Stephen forced the best smile he could. After a moment or so, his smile faded, and a piece of his hair drooped down onto his left eye. He let his head droop down also, like a weeping willow tree would. He felt arms wrap around him again, pulling him closer to the other. He felt fingers running through his hair. Stephen's head was against Adrian's chest, just resting there. He couldn't care less about the curves he felt, but at the same time, didn't find it weird either. Stephen sighed, and slowly closed his eyes, relaxing a bit.

When the other seemed to calm down, Adrian couldn't help but smile just slightly. He stroked Stephen's hair softly as he looked at the top of his head. Even if they weren't happy, neither of them, he could see the hope down the road. There was a chance that they'd be able to have a friendship, and be together to nurse each other. He pulled back from Stephen and put his hands on the other's shoulders. Being this close oddly felt natural for him, like he'd never felt before. It was as if they were family, or something equally close, and he couldn't bring himself to part from Stephen. He smiled and hugged Stephen again, closing his eyes. "Stephen... I trust you. I have no idea why or how, but I trust you really much. You've shown me something that I hadn't expected to ever see in another person, and you know now who I really am. You might think that I'm odd for saying these things, but honestly, I'm just happy I met you. Without this friendship, I wouldn't be like this now. I'd still be hateful towards the world, and still unsure of whether I really was crazy. So thank you, honestly, you've helped me a lot, even if you don't think so." When he finished speaking, he had slight tears in his eyes, but he wiped them away quickly and smiled. "Say... it's just a request, but... I really want you to not wear the mask when it's just us two... I mean, if it's not too much to ask... I like being able to look at your face." He added with a cheeky smile, trying to lighten the mood just a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
A smile began to form on Stephen's face, and just stayed there for a while. He actually was happy for the first, very time in his life. Although he didn't realize it, he really didn't know exactly what "happy" meant, because his life had been full of sorrow. At least he had a friend, now, who he could trust and talk to. That's really what he wished to have, through his whole entire life-- a person who he could actually trust, and someone who accepted him, didn't turn him away because he is considered a "monster". Stephen slowly looked up at Adrain, with the same smile still sealed onto his face. As the other brought him into his arms again, hesitantly, Stephen slowly began to wrap his arms around Adrian's back, beginning to close his eyes again. "I trust you too. This is just all I wanted-- all I wanted was someone. Just someone to talk to. Someone who wouldn't find me strange, because of my ability I suddenly developed. And I guess I found that person. I thank you for that." He explained, although his voice was a tiny whisper like it usually was, since he wasn't quite used to explaining stuff just yet. "I only keep my mask on because lately people have been bugging me, because of these tear marks going down my face. I could've easily caused them death, but I was being nice and just decided not to. So I don't mind having my mask off around you, because you're not constantly asking me what are those marks going down my face." He added, in response to what Adrian requested. "And not to be rude..but..what is it about my face you like? There's nothing good about it, except my eyes." Stephen asked. His voice had oddly became a bit uneasy for some strange reason.

He smiled softly as Stephen spoke again, looking at him for a little while. He then brought his hands up, caressing the tear shaped marks in an affectionate way that kinda even surprised himself. He hadn't thought about what might make things awkward between them, but considering that they weren't very sociable people, awkwardness would probably be in a larger amount than "normal" people. But the fact that they'd found each other was what mattered. Adrian moved his hair away from his face, uncovering the eye patch he was almost always wearing(even in the shower, sometimes). The action was subtle, something that seemed entirely natural to do, but the fact that he did so showed a large amount of trust. He knew that Stephen wasn't going to ask anything and that doing this wouldn't get him into problems. Usually he was urged to tell why he was wearing an eye patch and some even tried to rip it off(or just urged him to remove it). Stephen hadn't asked, but Adrian had, with his own free will, removed it because he trusted Stephen. He was also happy to hear that he was also trusted back, for reasons so simple. He let his fingers brush along Stephen's chin, tracing the lines of his face with a care and caution as if he was touching something very fragile. "The question isn't whether I think good or bad of your face. It's the fact that I have permission to see it when no one else can. It's the fact that you trust me enough to let me look at your face as I want. But if it's a direct answer to your question, yes, I do like your face. Even those marks you seem to dislike." He smiled honestly, removing his hands with a dark blush on his cheeks. He wasn't used to complimenting people, mostly because he was nervous to voice his own opinions, and actually showing his thoughts so clearly made him feel uneasy, and yet happy inside. He put one of his hands lightly back at Stephen's cheek as if to emphasize his point. It almost feels like we're not just "friends"... this is such an odd feeling... I wonder if it's just in my head...

Stephen glanced down, as redness slowly began to creep onto his cheeks. He wasn't really used to people coming in contact with his skin in any kind of way, but for an odd reason, he enjoyed Adrian's touch, and his fingertips running along his long-lasting tear marks. It was eerie to him, and he couldn't figure out why he felt this way. He brushed the thought off, and glanced back up at the other. Noticing that he had taken his eyepatch off, a warm smile began to form on his face. "You've taken your eyepatch off.." He whispered, although he didn't know why he made that comment, because it was clearly obvious that he had. "In my opinion, I think your eye is beautiful." Stephen commented, as there was a hint of shyness somewhere in his voice. Hearing what Adrian said about his face, Stephen's smile grew a bit wider. "Well you can see my face since no one else can..I'll let you since we both trust each other now. It's a special privilege..I don't think anyone in this world has seen my face, except for you..and maybe my parents.. He explained, his smile beginning to disappear. "So don't take advantage of that.." He added, sounding a bit serious, yet he was only kidding. He lifted his index finger, and lightly poked Adrian's nose. He sort of grinned while he did so, and a small depression sunk into his cheeks, forming a light dimple. The redness slithered to his cheeks again, as Adrian placed a hand on his cheek. Hesitantly, he took his own hand, and slowly placed it on the other's hand, that was placed on his cheek. He was shivering a bit. What am I doing right now...why do I feel this what...am I...just what am I doing...? He thought to himself. He shyly looked up at Adrian, still shivering slightly. "Adrian..I..don't know what I'm feeling right now.." He whispered, glancing back down.

Last edited:
"I'm happy you think so, Stephen. Really, only your opinion matters to me right now." He spoke the words honestly, smiling softly. His blush grew deeper, but he couldn't find a will to care about it. He knew what his feelings were telling him, even if he couldn't decipher the feeling itself. He closed his eyes as Stephen spoke again. "Why should I take advantage of it? I just want your face to myself." When he finished speaking he covered his mouth suddenly with his free hand, his blush surprisingly becoming deeper. He hadn't wanted for the sentence to sound like he was some obsessed and possessive boyfriend. He widened his eyes softly, thinking about the possibilities. What if that was what he really wanted? Could something like that really happen so soon for someone like him? "Uhm... I... I didn't mean it like... uhm..." He stuttered, covering his cheeks and looking away so his hair covered his face. Something seemed to down on him. After barely a day of knowing each other, he liked Stephen. Liked Stephen more than as a friend, more than anything else. He didn't think love went so quick, but his feelings were true, at least his beating heart and the heat in his cheeks gave hints of what he was really feeling. He looked up at Stephen again, putting a hand on his chest. Just what am I thinking...? Falling in love with someone I barely know...! But he's been so kind... he's trusted me... I trust him... he's been honest and accepting... How can I not fall in love with a person like that...? Oh just what should I do about this...? I'm such an idiot... He looked down again, unable to set his eyes on a steady object. Tears clouded his vision as he looked back up, his hand having rested on Stephen's cheek the whole time. He felt as if his heart was spilling over, and he couldn't find it in himself to look away from Stephen again. He sat for what seemed like hours, staring at Stephen, before realizing that the other had spoken. He scrambled in his head for an answer and it seemed to come over his lips easier than he'd ever thought it possible. "I know.... I... don't know what I'm feeling either, Stephen... I..." He trailed off in his track of words and brought his face closer to Stephen's. It was obvious he was going to kiss the other, but it was as if he was asking for the permission to do so by staying still like a doll.

His shivering ceased a bit, as he began to smile again-- but it was a very faint smile."I don't really think my opinions mean anything..." He whispered. His voice was a bit shaky, but he still had the same smile on his face. He continued to look down, then glanced back up at Adrian. "You want my face to yourself? Then you can have it as long as you want." He added to his previous sentence, and just continued to stare up at Adrian. He chuckled a bit, when he saw the other cover his mouth with his free hand. "Seriously, don't worry, I swear it's fine.." He whispered in his usual soft voice. It almost sounded a bit angelic. Stephen didn't seem to have a problem with it. "Like I said, it's fine. Don't explain it. I know." Stephen whispered again. His hand suddenly slipped off of Adrian's. He stared blankly at the wall, his thoughts beginning to nearly drown him. Is this a dream or not...? Am I really actually falling for someone..for the first time..? I..I don't even know what love is... He shook his head quickly, snapping out of the thought. Glancing at Adrian once more, he found himself staring deep into his eyes. He was just too focused on him, to even notice anything else. It was just an eerie feeling for him, since he has never actually cared for someone so much before. What's wrong with me..I just..I cannot explain it. It's stressing me out. But yet I like is feeling... He thought. He felt the other move an inch closer to him. In response, he moved closer to Adrian, to where their lips both brushed against each other's. "Adrian..what is love..? Because I think I.." His voice trailed off.

As he felt their lips brush together, he closed his eyes as if thinking about the question that had just been asked. Yes, what was love? He didn't know much about it either. It was such a confusing concept, sparking heated feelings in all directions. There would be sadness, and joy, and annoyance, content, fear, anger and anything that fit in between. Tears would be shed, but happy moments filled with smiles would also be shared. Adrian had never been in love before. He'd become scared of guys and didn't get along with girls, so all in all, his life had been that of solitude. He had lived in complete isolation from other people, trying to get a hold of his raging brain. Not long ago, he had finally felt a bit of rest when he had realized what he really was; that he wasn't crazy or disturbed, merely a bit different from other people. In this period of just slight calmness, he had met Stephen. He had allowed himself to overcome his fear of guys created in his dreadful years of middle school. He had let himself fall in love so easily, so suddenly, and for the first time ever in his life. He had never let a person get under his skin; had never let anyone see the fragile, emotional heart hidden beneath his emotionless face drained for hope. There was a person deep inside of him, someone who craved a love, craved the feeling of a person near to him. And now his wish had been granted, yet he still didn't know the answer to Stephen's question. "I don't know... your idea is as good as mine... but all I know is... that this is what I want... and nothing else." He whispered, finally locking their lips together, preventing either of them from talking. Yeah... this is definitely all there is for me... never do I want to be seperated from him... and I'm so glad... he seems to feel the same... Tears rolled softly down his cheeks, but he didn't pull back or open his eyes, wanting it to last for as long as possible.

"I see..this is all I ever wanted. And you granted my wish..." Stephen whispered in a soft voice, just before their lips joined together. He relaxed, slowly closing his eyes. He wrapped one of his arms around Adrian's head, softly and gently running his fingers through the thin strands of his hair, while his other arm clinged onto the other's back, pulling him closer. I just completely feel like I'm melting away right now. He's the best thing that came into my life. I can actually be happy instead of masking it with a smile. A fake one. I don't care if he's a boy..no one can change that.. He thought to himself, smiling in between the passionate kiss. He never felt this way about someone , ever in his life until now. He just wanted someone who didn't betray him like the others did. Someone who didn't ruin his heart. Someone that could just accept him for who he was, even if he head unusual abilities. Brushing off the thought, he didn't bother to pull away. He just wanted it to go on and on and on infinitely. This was the greatest feeling he'd ever felt, and nothing would get in his way, or change anything about that, he knew that damn well.

Status
Not open for further replies.