Insane or "Different"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm sorry... It's, well... my ability shoves hundreds of people's thoughts into my mind in a heap, and sometimes I have to clean out and mainly focus on my own. It's a bit of a task when every dead person within a mile is trying to use me as puppet." He smiles apologetically, running a hand through his hair. He then stands up as his name is called. "Well, seems I've been summoned back to the crazy house. I'll be out here at this time every day... so, see you, I guess. Bye, Stephen." The strange thing was that Adrian knew his name without even asking, but he didn't think more about it and joined together with the small group of teenagers and their landlady, who was also their doctor and psychiatrist.

Stephen nodded again, signing that he listening. Just didn't speak or do anything for some apparent reason. "Sayonara. It was nice meeting you." Stephen said, when he also heard someone call Adrian's name. He laid down on the grass, gazing up at the sky. Practically, the sidewalk is where he lived, but he still pretty much enjoyed it, even though people would think of it as the worst experience of their life.

He dug his hands into his pockets and looked up at the sky as he walked back to the house. He went to his bedroom in the girls' side of the house, lying down on his bed. The walls were painted black with red symbols, posters hanging on the walls and books lying about everywhere. Stacks of papers with his handwriting and symbols and drawings adorned the desk across the room. The curtains were pulled in front of the window and he grabbed a book that was lying close to his bed, flipping through the pages with a bored expression. He felt like going back to the sidewalk to talk with Stephen.

Stephen sat up, and rose to his feet. He felt good to know that he wasn't the only one in the world, that had a special ability that barely anyone knew about, or heard of. He walked down the sidewalk, an uneven side of his hair drooping down onto his eye. A breeze blew past him again, as he shivered a bit.

He flung the book across the room with a sigh in frustration as it hit the floor. He took off his jacket and shoes, grabbing a towel and a new set of clothes plus a warm sweater. He looked out for the other female resident before he slipped into the bathroom smoothly. Making sure that it was empty, he locked the door and started undressing. He felt tired and the clothes came off slowly, one article of clothing at a time. When he finally finished, the water had heated up and he stepped under it, letting the comfortable, warm water wash over his cold body.

He just really preyed that a solar eclipse didn't happen out of the blue, like it did about 3 years ago. That's when his ability just completely gets out of control, and himself, can't even control his own ability at that time-- it just goes haywire. He stopped in his tracts, just glaring at an abandoned house that sat in front of him. "What the hell, I might as well go in here for now." He thought to himself. There were boards covering the windows, and even the doors, but that wasn't a problem for him.

He stood in the shower for a few minutes, just enough to clean himself up, and then left after drying off and getting dressed again. He encountered the girl who was the only other resident in the girl's dorm. Adrian hurried past her before anything could be said. She had never liked the people that she lived with; most of them did seem like they were crazy. Probably were. He sighed as he got into his room, lying down on his bed.

(( Sorry for the late replies. My time might be cut short on here, because I really, really, need to get my grades up. So, I'll kind of be off and on. ))

Using all of his strength, he took his hand, and began to move his arm in a pulling-like motion, although there was a bit of hesitation. The strong wood that was attached to the door, to prevent anyone from getting in, suddenly went flying off, as screws flew everywhere. "It's about time. At least I have somewhere to.."live", now." Stephen commented, stepping inside. Finally being alone, he took his mask off. It's not like he could wear that thing, for the rest of his life.

Adrian was watching from inside his room, and when he saw Stephen walk into the empty apartment, he looked over his shoulder and down outside before he jumped from the window. He landed on the fence and jumped down that as well, running across the street and walking into the abandoned apartment. There, he saw Stephen, without his mask on. He stood still for a while, taking in the sight. He didn't know whether he should speak up. He smiled slightly and sat down beside Stephen. "Good evening." was all he managed to say as he sat there at Stephen's side.

Hearing a familiar voice, he turned around-- it was Adrian. "Good evening to you." He replied, as a warm smile appeared on his face. He was just simply deciding to be nice today, because he usually didn't really behave in that particular manner. He, strangely, kept his mask off for some apparent reason. "So, how did you know that I was in here? We're not playing hide and go seek, are we?" He asked jokingly. "Oh, yeah..your eye. It sure does love to spy on people, doesn't it?" He asked, although he was serious about that question, even though it didn't seem like it.

He put a hand against his eye and smiled softly. "I had just taken a bath. I came into my room and sat by the window, coincidentally seeing you walk in here. After all, I do live across the street. I thought I'd pay you a visit." He smiled softly at the other, his eye entirely visible as he sat there. He didn't mind Stephen without a mask at all. But what he had forgotten was that he wasn't wearing a turtleneck shirt like before. Going from just below his ear, and down the back of the shirt, was the beginnings of a burn mark. What one could not tell was that it covered almost his entire back. He unconsciously put a hand on his neck, covering the marks. "Seems I was a bit... careless.."

Stephen nodded understandingly. "I see. I was bored, anyways." He replied, and just shrugged. He brung his knees up to his chest, taking a deep breath of air. It finally felt good for that mask to be off, since he rarely ever took it off, with someone seeing. Stephen glanced over at Adrian, who was covering his neck. He wanted to ask why he was doing that, but decided it would be best for him to just not bring that up.

He looked back at Stephen and slowly uncovered his neck, knowing that the other was looking at it. "It's... an old wound... I was careless to not cover it up..." He sighed and sat with his back against Stephen, pulling up in the back of his shirt to show the burn mark. It stretched over his back and ended just above the hem of his pants. After a few moments, he let the shirt fall back into place and then turned around. "It's a bit... shameful..." He closed his eyes and ran his hands through his hair awkwardly. No one had ever gotten to see this part of him, something that he had never wanted to show anyone.

Steohen glanced at his neck and back, and cringed a bit. Not in fear, but he thought that it had to hurt like hell, even though it was such an old wound mark. "Does that hurt..?" Stephen asked curiously. He was just wondering if it did, because it just seemed like it for some strange reason to himself.

He put a hand to his heart and closed his eyes. "Only here, occasionally. I mostly have nightmares about it." He didn't seem affected by the memory as he spoke, but it was clear from the look in his eyes that it hadn't just physically scarred him. "I hide it away because it is rather difficult to explain away with a mere accident." He sighed and ruffled a hand through his hair. "There was a fire in my mansion. I'd been home all day with my parents, and they had sent me to my room. I was sitting there all the time while the fire was there. I got trapped under a large piece of wood from the ceiling, and when it caught fire it toasted my back. I was rescued out of there and concluded the only survivor. There was a big case about it a few years ago."

Stephen just listened to the flashback he was telling. He could almost picture it in his head as he told it. "That's actually pretty..depressing.." Stephen whispered, after he was done telling it. "My back nearly hurts now, I don't know why." He added, but his mind was just simply messing with him. That always happened when people explained certain things with so much detail, that he could almost feel like he was there, himself.

"I apologize. I didn't know it would make you uncomfortable." He said in a soft voice, his arms having wrapped around himself as if he was hugging someone. But it was only him. He was shaking a little as if he was cold, and his gaze was fixated on something to Stephen's left. Actually, he felt uncomfortable too. He had never told anyone his story, and he had never seen any reactions to it. Police officers didn't count. They were just investigating professionally and wouldn't ask to his actual feelings. Psychologists didn't count either, they were just trying to pump drugs into him until he was normal. As he sat there, deeply enveloped in thoughts, tears had started falling from his one, normal eye.

"No, it's fine. Don't be sorry, that's just a normal feeling for me, it happens a lot." He explained, glancing at Adrian and smiling a bit, showing he wasn't upset or anything. He hadn't found it weird that he had his arms wrapped around himself now. But what he did find strange, is that his gaze had trailed off to Stephen's very left. Again, he did not bother to speak, say, or do anything, not wanting to interrupt him from his own state of mind, like always. Stephen sighed, just dying to know what was wrong, but then again, he always kept his "personal" questions to himself, to prevent arising problems between the two. Stephen's eyes trailed off to the moonlight that poured through the broken window, and had found it's way in, and what he was thinking about earlier, instantly vanished from his mind.

He wiped the tears away, but didn't manage to stop himself from sniffing softly. A few tears fell once again and he looked away from Stephen. He didn't want to cry in front of others, let alone this person he had just met. He hated showing weakness and this was what was worst to him. He hated to be seen as weak or someone who was in need of help.
"I'm... sorry... I don't know what's come over me..." He said in a weak voice, the tears still falling from his healthy eye. He wanted to get up and run, but his body was frozen in place. For some reason, he didn't want to be away from this place. He let out a shaky breath, trying to force his tears away, which didn't seem to work very well at all.

Stephen's gaze turned to Adrain, after he heard soft sniffling. "Is there something wrong..? If so, please talk to me. If you don't then..." He paused, thinking he shouldn't really say it, but just had to either way. "..It stays your own problem." He continued, gazing down at the dull wood. When he was a normal boy, without Telekinesis, he'd tell people that all the time, and it would hurt them, he didn't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.