Status
Not open for further replies.
After her final class, Alice was beat. All of the new things and being forced to call aura magic was just mentally exhausting. Had this class not been so easy to her, her brain would have exploded. She dropped her head on the desk right next to Mini A and watched everyone leave the classroom. Her eyes stopped when they saw bunny getting up out of her chair. She remembered what the girl said the other day. It was still bothering Alice for some unknown reason. Alice sighed and turned away. It was not long before she was the only person in the classroom.

She finally got up and left while letting Mini A rest on her shoulders. Sat in a hallway and just stood out the window. Mindlessly she fell into a trance watching all the different people walk around the school grounds. "I miss my home world..."

@Michale
@Ringmaster

She finally got up and left while letting Mini A rest on her shoulders. Sat in a hallway and just stood out the window. Mindlessly she fell into a trance watching all the different people walk around the school grounds. "I miss my home world..."
"So do I, at times. It was dangerous and could kill you, but it was home. And it held a beauty of its own."

It was some time after the study session and after evicting Bunny from his room, Lucifer changed into the uniform and went out for a walk. His sword rested on his belt as per usual wherever he walked and his step was silent. Right now, he was standing to Alice's left as he smiled kindly and bowed his head.

"Forgive me for interrupting- But I wished to say hello. May I sit with you?"

@Unyielding

Alice jumped after hearing Sir Fancy Pant's voice. Mini A fell off her shoulders. She grabbed her chest and started panting. As she regain her calmed down, she turned to the boy. She took one more breath before smiling. "Well then salutations." Then she looked for Mini A, who landed on its face in the seat. She put her hand over the puppet and activated her rings. Then she moved her hand, pulling the doll off the seat, and pretend to curtsy in her chair. "I could never say no to you Sir Fancy Pant." A grin formed on her face as she looked up to the boy. Then she dropped the facade and started looking out the window again. "So to what does this commoner owe the pleasure of being in your presence."

@Ringmaster

Last edited:
He gestured to the chair at his work desk as he got up from his bed, moving to grab his scroll from the drawer as he activated it, revealing the current assignment. Returning to his bunk, he sat down and looked on expectantly as he smiled.

"'I'm ready then."
The next hour or so went smoothly, with Bunny explaining Magic Theory from an angle that Lucifer never expected - drawing similarities between Magic and battle tactics, with the force of pure magic being characterized as the 'perfect' warrior, making all of the most pragmatic decisions. And, in the process, Bunny herself learned a little more about such battle tactics as she asked Lucifer many questions about what he would do in this situation or that in order to keep the parallel between magic and battle intact.

"Well, this has been an enlightening time for me, hopefully for you as well."

((OOC I know this is slightly out of order now so it is a semi-flashback))
@Ringmaster

It felt like he was back at the academy, training, classes, tactics. Except that instead of being surrounded by the stark whiteness of home, it was a menagerie of colours and peoples. It was the same with the subject material, concepts and topics he had never heard of before. Hyperdrive mechanics, and exotic matter theory he knew existed, and that he had no clue about them, but things like Magic? What, was it the force or something?

He shook his head and kept walking, clearing his thoughts on the subject. Plucked up from near death and inducted into this academy was still one thing he needed to get use to. That said, he would still carry himself professionally, show off the best side of the First Order.

He'd just come from target practice, and liked his results. Forty six out of fifty wasn't bad, but he could still do better. Even if he occasionally overheard some jokes at his expense about not being able to shoot straight with his helmet on or something...

Eventually he found what he was looking for, the mess. Nothing better than a light meal after shooting targets, he jokingly thought to himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eventually he found what he was looking for, the mess. Nothing better than a light meal after shooting targets, he jokingly thought to himself.
AgYWm.jpg

"A bit of a sharp shooter there, aye?" Bunny said as she approached, also from outside. "I'm fair with a firearm myself, but that's some next level shooting there. Didn't mean to spy on you, it's just that I and my hat keep a good watch out as a matter of course." her hat, well, the goggle and lens type things on it did seem to be moving of their own accord. It was like she was wearing a droid, to be honest.

As she stopped near him, she stuck out her hand. "Benevolence Madigan. But you can call me Bunny, if you like, it's a common nickname of mine. And who might you be?" Her manner of dress was... unique. a waistcoat that didn't seem to want to decide if it was green, blue, or grey, a tight leather dress but thick, armor-like leather, and high, tough-looking leather boots to match.
@Rookry

As she stopped near him, she stuck out her hand. "Benevolence Madigan. But you can call me Bunny, if you like, it's a common nickname of mine. And who might you be?"
He didn't really do handshakes... they just weren't a thing where he grew up and was trained. But things were different now... "Are Kay Two Six Nine Two." he stated, gripping her hand...

"It's just how we were trained, ma'am. Where I came from that is...." he let go of her hand and stood there. To be honest, he didn't know what to do in this situation. He didn't quite understand the rank structure too much here, what with everyone being so unique. Was she a superior, did she want something? He didn't know so he waited for her next comment.

@Michale CS

"Are Kay Two Six Nine Two."
"Is that a name or a serial number? I'm just going to call you Mark, if you don't mind." Bunny replied.

"It's just how we were trained, ma'am. Where I came from that is...." he let go of her hand and stood there.
"Oh Gods and Monsters, don't call me Ma'am. Makes me feel ancient. I just said you could call me Benevolence or Bunny. I've only just got here a week ago and I'm trying to make acquaintance with the other cadets. Let's have a bit of a nosh and we can talk some more, yes?" She let all of her Wonderland - which was some sort generic blend of UK accents, a bit of Irish, a bit of Estuary English, show itself, as a means of trying to get this fellow to loosen up.

She indicated the cafeteria line across the room. One thing that might well be different is the fact there was a rather wide selection of food to be chosen from, rather than there just being a set menu.

@Rookry

"Is that a name or a serial number? I'm just going to call you Mark, if you don't mind." Bunny replied.
He didn't know what to think of that, his number was his name, his designation. But It wasn't bad or anything, Captain Phasma had a name, not a number, and there were others... Maybe it could be fine for here. He didn't see any others from the First Order around anyway. It still felt off to him though...

"Oh Gods and Monsters, don't call me Ma'am. Makes me feel ancient. I just said you could call me Benevolence or Bunny. I've only just got here a week ago and I'm trying to make acquaintance with the other cadets. Let's have a bit of a nosh and we can talk some more, yes?" She let all of her Wonderland - which was some sort generic blend of UK accents, a bit of Irish, a bit of Estuary English, show itself, as a means of trying to get this fellow to loosen up.

She indicated the cafeteria line across the room. One thing that might well be different is the fact there was a rather wide selection of food to be chosen from, rather than there just being a set menu.

@Rookry
Well, that settled it on the question of rank and what she wanted. Even if he had to think a little to cut through her accent. It didn't have the desired effect of loosening him up...

"Yes ma- Benecolence." He corrected himself quickly "I'm new here as well... and trying to figure things out as well." he looked at the menu, and couldn't understand what the bulk of it was, let alone how it tasted. "Any suggestions?" he asked.

@Michale CS

"Yes ma- Benecolence." He corrected himself quickly "I'm new here as well... and trying to figure things out as well." he looked at the menu, and couldn't understand what the bulk of it was, let alone how it tasted. "Any suggestions?" he asked.
"Benevolence. Maybe you should just stick to Bunny, hmm?" She chuckled at his pronunciation of her name. "I'm fond of the bangers and mash myself. That'd be the sausages over there and the mashed potatoes and gravy. But if you fancy yourself a vegetarian, I see they have nice green salads here too."

@Rookry

Alice jumped after hearing Sir Fancy Pant's voice. Mini A fell off her shoulders. She grabbed her chest and started panting. As she regain her calmed down, she turned to the boy. She took one more breath before smiling. "Well then salutations." Then she looked for Mini A, who was landed on her face in the seat. She put her hand over the puppet and activated her rings. Then she moved her hand, pulling the doll off the seat, and pretend to curtsy in her chair. "I could never say no to you Sir Fancy Pant." A grin formed on her face as she looked up to the boy. Then she dropped the facade and started looking out the window again. "So to what does this commoner owe the pleasure of being in your presence."

@Ringmaster
For a moment he merely stared. Almost as though it was for days, but that was silly, right? : |

He then took a seat next to her on the bench, careful to remove his sword from his belt and put it out of the way as he breathed deeply and looked at the people walk on by. From all walks of life before he finally said the truth.

"You looked lonely for a moment. So was I. The energies of this world feel strange...Uncouth. Conflicting, yet at the same time...Harmonious? Also, while there was war I also knew better times. In memory of those times, I honor them by honoring my newest comrades. Like you."

He smiled shyly at her and added. "Also, you're as much commoner as I am rabbit. Here, we're just two more students among a plethora of them. Its...Liberating in a sense, is it not?"

@Unyielding

"You looked lonely for a moment. So was I. The energies of this world feel strange...Uncouth. Conflicting, yet at the same time...Harmonious? Also, while there was war I also knew better times. In memory of those times, I honor them by honoring my newest comrades. Like you."

While still looking out the window, Alice started to smile. At least she knew she was not the only person struggling to adjust. After the Fancy Pant's last comment about honoring friends, she just sighed. He just had to be fancy in the end.
He smiled shyly at her and added. "Also, you're as much commoner as I am rabbit. Here, we're just two more students among a plethora of them. Its...Liberating in a sense, is it not?"
Alice turned her head to the man pondering his words. "Only if you," She then giggled and softly poked the mans head, "are a 'Fancy Pants.'" She turned to the man now that he had her full attention. Nobility were always a interesting bunch. They place value in weird things. "By the way, that would make you a rabbit as I am just a peasant. I never lived in a castle or had maids and butlers. I am not use to such fancy meals in this place like the Taco Pizza." She continued smiling, happy to share a bit about her life. "It is all so... interesting. Tell me Fancy Rabbit, why do you seek this 'Liberation?' From what strings do you wish to cut?"

@Ringmaster

"By the way, that would make you a rabbit as I am just a peasant. I never lived in a castle or had maids and butlers. I am not use to such fancy meals in this place like the Taco Pizza."
"Nor did I. I grew up on the road. I was born in a storm, in a rolling wagon or so my family tells me. I was a gypsy first, traveling with my people. The world was torn between two great powers then- One being the Imperium of Empress Salem, a vast realm consisting of humans along our continent coastline. The other was the Dominion of the Overlord of the North, in the mountains and the wild realms where nightmares called home."

He flashed a weary smile as he added.

"My people were caught up in the middle, when war occurred between them. You did what you could to survive then...But its not a story I wish to share further yet. Its too long for such a nice day."
"It is all so... interesting. Tell me Fancy Rabbit, why do you seek this 'Liberation?' From what strings do you wish to cut?"
He considered her question carefully before he finally answered.

"I suppose for me, its this...Feeling of being called upon. There's no war, no strife in this place and yet, we prepare in readiness. This mingling of peace and war is a happy medium to me. One which suits me well. But I suppose its different from everyone else, yes?"

@Unyielding

"Nor did I. I grew up on the road. I was born in a storm, in a rolling wagon or so my family tells me. I was a gypsy first, traveling with my people. The world was torn between two great powers then- One being the Imperium of Empress Salem, a vast realm consisting of humans along our continent coastline. The other was the Dominion of the Overlord of the North, in the mountains and the wild realms where nightmares called home."

He flashed a weary smile as he added.

"My people were caught up in the middle, when war occurred between them. You did what you could to survive then...But its not a story I wish to share further yet. Its too long for such a nice day."
Alice was a bit shocked. Judging by how polite the man was, she pegged him as nobility. "So the Fancy Rabbit was really just a Rabbit who tried to speak fancy." Alice stopped smiling and lowered her head. She despised it when people grouped her with the selfish nobility in her land. "I am Sorry... I should not have assumed you were something you are not"
"I suppose for me, its this...Feeling of being called upon. There's no war, no strife in this place and yet, we prepare in readiness. This mingling of peace and war is a happy medium to me. One which suits me well. But I suppose its different from everyone else, yes?"
She looked up to the man as he spoke. Though he was not nobility, he still spoke like one. Talks of calling without a clear motive was something only the king had time to think of, at least in her world. Though her world was not at war, it was nowhere near being at peace. "I can not wait around for something like war. In my world, we are in a false peace. The people have become hopelessly obsess with having everything and they will believe anyone who claims they can give it to them. I worked day and night to remove such filth but make no mistake. It is not a 'calling' but..." She made a fist and took a deep breath, "every day I 'enjoy' peace, I am allowing someone else who is suffering to be used by those filth."

Then she smiled, "That is why we came to this school. To better our performance and write a better story."
@Ringmaster

Alice was a bit shocked. Judging by how polite the man was, she pegged him as nobility. "So the Fancy Rabbit was really just a Rabbit who tried to speak fancy." Alice stopped smiling and lowered her head. She despised it when people grouped her with the selfish nobility in her land. "I am Sorry... I should not have assumed you were something you are not"
"On the whole, I think I prefer Lucy." He said dryly. He had been here for only a short time and already had garnered nicknames. Fancypants, Rabbit...And Lucy. He laughed then, small and quiet and the annoyance he appeared to have briefly vanished as he spoke.

"As I said, its a tale too long for now. Perhaps some other time."
She looked up to the man as he spoke. Though he was not nobility, he still spoke like one. Talks of calling without a clear motive was something only the king had time to think of, at least in her world. Though her world was not at war, it was nowhere near being at peace. "I can not wait around for something like war. In my world, we are in a false peace. The people have become hopelessly obsess with having everything and they will believe anyone who claims they can give it to them. I worked day and night to remove such filth but make no mistake. It is not a 'calling' but..." She made a fist and took a deep breath, "every day I 'enjoy' peace, I am allowing someone else who is suffering to be used by those filth."
Then she smiled, "That is why we came to this school. To better our performance and write a better story."
"A noble cause. I respect that." He cocked his head, red eyes warm despite their inhumanity as he asked her.

"What class did you have next or was it a free day for you?"

@Unyielding

Alice rolled her eyes at the word noble. Her actions were not noble. They were just necessary. A necessary arc in her overall performance. After all she was not a hero, not like the Aurin boy in the history books.

"Classes... are you trying to stalk me" she joked. Her mischievous smirk reared its head as she inched closer to the man. "I don't want to give away story just yet. First you tell me yours"

@Ringmaster

Alice rolled her eyes at the word noble. Her actions were not noble. They were just necessary. A necessary arc in her overall performance. After all she was not a hero, not like the Aurin boy in the history books.

"Classes... are you trying to stalk me" she joked. Her mischievous smirk reared its head as she inched closer to the man. "I don't want to give away story just yet. First you tell me yours"

@Ringmaster
"Nothing quite so risque."

He replied deadpan, either missing or ignoring her inching as he continued on.

"I was actually harboring ulterior motives, as to an additional study partner for some work I'm having trouble grasping."

@Unyielding

"Study... partners?" she repeated. She looked down, fumbling with her thumbs. Nobody has ever wanted to study with her before. Matter of fact, the teachers in her world never even took her seriously. It was only through shear self-effort that she did well. She figure this school was going to be the same way, especially with how Bunny was acting around her. She then looked up at the man, "I... I wouldn't mind. I mean, if I am even useful for anything. I am still trying to adjust to the terminology my self for some classes"

@Ringmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.