Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaking his head, he sighed out and added aloud.

"I suppose my current problem is just how I come off to everyone as well as my own inexperience with a level of technology over mine. I feel rural and out of place- And not just with tech. There's such diversity here, so unlike my world torn by war. I find it...Shocking I suppose that peace can be attained, even like this."
"Again, it's irrelevant. Everyone has some sort of learning curve." Zoe said, and eyed Lucifer for a moment. "Like today. I'm aware of your physiology so I'm pondering your choice to work out after eating. And yes, I know where you came from prior to here, simply because I've eyes on a particular cadet whom I'm concerned about and you were with her - fancypants. I mention this to you because I know you are a straightforward person. I need student eyes on her because I'm not sure of her mental stability and even singularity, but that's neither here nor there."

She sighed and looked over at Lucifer. "I'm not asking you to spy for me - directly. I'd just like to be made aware of any patterns of behavior that cause you concern."

@Ringmaster

"Again, it's irrelevant. Everyone has some sort of learning curve." Zoe said, and eyed Lucifer for a moment. "Like today. I'm aware of your physiology so I'm pondering your choice to work out after eating. And yes, I know where you came from prior to here, simply because I've eyes on a particular cadet whom I'm concerned about and you were with her - fancypants. I mention this to you because I know you are a straightforward person. I need student eyes on her because I'm not sure of her mental stability and even singularity, but that's neither here nor there."

She sighed and looked over at Lucifer. "I'm not asking you to spy for me - directly. I'd just like to be made aware of any patterns of behavior that cause you concern."

@Ringmaster
"On the whole, I think I prefer 'Lucy'".

Lucifer snarked as he ran a hand over his face. The physical gesture helped a bit, though reminded about his choice to workout, he said tiredly.

"I can manage for a night. Mostly, I just needed to do something- As to this, what would I be looking for, exactly?"

@Michale CS

"On the whole, I think I prefer 'Lucy'".

Lucifer snarked as he ran a hand over his face. The physical gesture helped a bit, though reminded about his choice to workout, he said tiredly.

"I can manage for a night. Mostly, I just needed to do something- As to this, what would I be looking for, exactly?"

@Michale CS
"You, as well as anyone here is aware of the struggle between light and dark in your soul. If she seems to be crossing that line, let me know. She has the potential reducing a student to the status of one of her dolls, and I'd prefer not to try to find a way to reverse that...'

(( ooc gnite @Ringmaster ))

Alice whistled from amazement. A energy that could label ones own desires. White Imagination was good. Alice actions would overall be considered good at face value. Black was the opposite. In her world, she had done things which would have been questionable at best. She had a collection to prove it, or at least had. Her last encounter nearly destroyed all her work. All she was left with was 2 puppets and her first doll. She did not praise herself as an angel nor would she flinch when considered evil. It mattered not what label you gave it, the show must go on.

Alice continued to smile despite the clear distrust being shown to her. Then she ran in front of Bunny. Then Alice pulled out her doll (Chibi version of Rouge from my CS) from her belt and hugged it. "A hero will always be the antagonist in someone's eyes." Activating the 5 strings from her rings on her left hand and attaching them to the doll before dropping it. "I could explain my life. I could also tell a lie. What I must do is tell the story and let the audience take what they will." She made the doll appear to get up on some invisible podium. "Still, games are more fun with others so why not be on the same team?" Alice finally had the doll rise up and hold its hand out to Bunny. "The people who can't trust me, are the people who think they won't disappear hehehe."

Last edited:
"You, as well as anyone here is aware of the struggle between light and dark in your soul. If she seems to be crossing that line, let me know. She has the potential reducing a student to the status of one of her dolls, and I'd prefer not to try to find a way to reverse that...'
Well...He finally nodded. A senior order with a proper reason was enough for him. Slinging his jacket over his shoulder he asked.

"Is there anything else I can do to assist?"

@Michale CS

Well...He finally nodded. A senior order with a proper reason was enough for him. Slinging his jacket over his shoulder he asked.

"Is there anything else I can do to assist?"
"No, that's it for now. We'll be in touch, Lucifer." Zoe stood and waved. "I'll arrange for regular deliveries to the nurse's office in Dorm 4 so if you have a sudden need you won't have to make the trip across campus. I know it can be urgent at times."

"No, that's it for now. We'll be in touch, Lucifer." Zoe stood and waved. "I'll arrange for regular deliveries to the nurse's office in Dorm 4 so if you have a sudden need you won't have to make the trip across campus. I know it can be urgent at times."
"Thank you!"

He said with sudden gratitude as he smiled ruefully.

"I'd hate to wake up in the middle of some dorm, nibbling on people."

"Still, games are more fun with others so why not be on the same team?" Alice finally had the doll rise up and hold its hand out to Bunny. "The people who can't trust me, are the people who think they won't disappear hehehe."

Bunny stopped and narrowed her eyes at Alice. "So, you're saying the people who believe that they will not disappear are the ones who should not trust you, and if I reverse that, the people who believe they will disappear should trust you. Therefore, I should believe that you will make me disappear, which means I should not trust you, because if I do, then I will have cause to think I'm going to disappear." Logic puzzles and contradictions were stock and trade in Wonderland, and this girl had just tried to suck her into one of them.

"How about I say that I don't not trust you and that I don't trust you, and believe I will and will not disappear? It is entirely possible from my perspective to simultaneously believe in both so that you do not have a motive to cause me to disappear. And with that, I bid you good day, girl. You disgrace the name of Alice by being such a sneak, trying to trick poor people into your flawed logic traps. Thankfully, I'm a Wonderlander and logic is not my only recourse."

Bunny turned away from Alice in a different direction, her hat spinning around to 'watch' Alice (though really, it didn't need to, it saw in every direction, especially now that it had gotten a good 'sniff' of Alice) as she picked up her pace, heading toward the nearest place she thought that she could find a staff member or instructor.

@Unyielding

It was as if a chill wind blew over from a poor performance. When Bunny refused to shake her hand, it was like her heart cracked. Every step after put a crack in her ego. Was Alice's performance not good? The doll just dropped to the floor as Alice dispelled 4 of the 5 strings. Then she reeled the last one, catching the doll and attaching it back to her belt. Was her words not genuine? What was all this talk about logic?

Alice was also confused. In her world, the phrase "those who won't disappear" was a common indirect way of referring to the immortals, people who could not die. When one said "those who believe they won't disappear" was reference to someone seeking to becoming a immortal. The reason for adding believe was because the goal of immortality was a trap to free the immortals. Was Bunny hinting she was an immortal. But that would make no since because then she should have attacked Alice (a well known immortal hunter who had the power to detain the abominations.) Alice was not going to trick anyone into disappearing. She was not that weak that she needed to use word games. What kind of show would that bring. She was only saying Immortals and those seeking to become immortal were her enemies.

But if the bunny wants play the jerk and bully Alice, then this toy maker would just have to put on a greater show. To call her a disgrace and a sneak for tricking people. Alice knew she was not a disgrace. She has never tricked an innocent person so she could kill them. Sure she may play pranks and wore disguises to find and get around people, but that was for the overall end goal for finding the immortals. Alice sighed, this world was so different but in a way, it was the same as her own world. People think they can just misjudge performances because they are almighty without understanding each act.

Then Alice activated her ring and pulled out Mini A. "You must enjoy being disliked hun masta?" Alice sighed, "I only enjoy watching those corrupted souls suffer eternity as my toys... Just like you Rouge." The puppet looked at the doll and covered her mouth. "Yes yes, Rouge indeed was a bad girl..." Alice chuckled, "Yes she was... but that is why she's my most beautiful creation."

Alice put away the puppet and skipped to her room. It was empty excepted for the body fake body parts everywhere. She wanted to create some more dolls but she has yet been able to collect useable aura. It really irritated her thus the mess of broken frames and parts. One day she planed to clean this up but that was another thought.

"I feel so out of place. I wonder if i will ever get use to this world?"

Soon after that talk, life became routine for Lucifer insofar as his own experience went. Having had some wartime experience himself, he was used to the rigors of a life devoted to such, as MARS might have need of them. And it showed, in the classes he chose for himself as to hone his strengths on a multiversal level. Every day, save for weekends it was the same.

He'd get up, have breakfast and visit the medical center per his usual checkup. Then it was off to his first class, Hand-To-Hand to incorporate martial arts and melee weapons usage which he excelled at. Then it was off to the field, to examine the various vehicles MARS expected you to know like the back of your hand as well as various beasts of burden most worlds used. He felt particularly attached to the Motorcycle, which roared like the dragons of his world and gave him a rather satisfied feeling afterward.

Then lunchtime came around, at which point he'd have a whole hour depending how fast he finished, to whatever else he wished to learn. In such times, he usually brought a book.

Then it was magical theory, which he was rubbish at followed by Espionage which again, he devoted his experiences to learning. The end result was quite pleasing. Survival training was reserved for two days out of the week, considering where they'd go and what they did- Living off the land and hiking back, which he always considered relaxing. But his personal shame, the one thing that galled him was the bane of his existence.

His World Theory class, which he was flunking.

In his dorm, Lucifer banged his head on his work desk with a deep groan at the homework before him. His jacket slung off and hanging off the back of his chair as he glared at the offending paper. He was disappointing his Recruiting Agent and moreover, himself.

Yet there it was.

@Michale CS @Unyielding @Rookry

In his dorm, Lucifer banged his head on his work desk with a deep groan at the homework before him. His jacket slung off and hanging off the back of his chair as he glared at the offending paper. He was disappointing his Recruiting Agent and moreover, himself.

Yet there it was.
Not too long after his head-bang on his desk, Lucifer heard a sound from just outside his dorm room door, punctuated by knocks at the same time.

Were he to answer it, he'd find Bunny on the other side of the door, waving. "I figured I'd drop by to see how you were doing, Lucy."

@Ringmaster

Not too long after his head-bang on his desk, Lucifer heard a sound from just outside his dorm room door, punctuated by knocks at the same time.

Were he to answer it, he'd find Bunny on the other side of the door, waving. "I figured I'd drop by to see how you were doing, Lucy."

@Ringmaster
"......"

Oh no. His eyes widened and he flushed before slamming the door. A moment later, still somewhat red but with an actual shirt on(he had answered the door wearing sweatpants and the standard-issue tank-top mesh) he answered stoically as he moved out of the way.

"Hello Benevolence. Please, come right in."

He left the door open however, offering her the chair as he sat on his bunk. His entire side of the room neat and precise, with only a pressed flower in a frame and a sword hanging on the wall for decoration.

@Michale CS

Oh no. His eyes widened and he flushed before slamming the door. A moment later, still somewhat red but with an actual shirt on(he had answered the door wearing sweatpants and the standard-issue tank-top mesh) he answered stoically as he moved out of the way.
Bunny was laughing by the time Lucifer had re-opened the door.
"Hello Benevolence. Please, come right in."

He left the door open however, offering her the chair as he sat on his bunk. His entire side of the room neat and precise, with only a pressed flower in a frame and a sword hanging on the wall for decoration
"It's not like you answered the door in your un-Birthday suit or anything! My goodness!" She came in, crossing her hands behind her head. "You don't believe in much decoration, do you?"

@Ringmaster

Bunny was laughing by the time Lucifer had re-opened the door.
"It's not like you answered the door in your un-Birthday suit or anything! My goodness!" She came in, crossing her hands behind her head. "You don't believe in much decoration, do you?"
With great dignity, he replied.

"There is a certain....Decorum when it comes to interacting with the gentler sex. Regardless of worlds, I must at all times treat a lady as is proper. Which includes, a certain degree of personal discipline."

On the safer topic of his room side, he merely nodded.

"Yes. I came with little personal possessions. Too much weighed you down, back in my world and made you a target."

@Michale CS

"There is a certain....Decorum when it comes to interacting with the gentler sex. Regardless of worlds, I must at all times treat a lady as is proper. Which includes, a certain degree of personal discipline."
"While I appreciate the gentlemanly nature, we're going to be working together in the field eventually, and that means we may see each other in all sorts of situations." She responded.
"Yes. I came with little personal possessions. Too much weighed you down, back in my world and made you a target."
"I see. I brought a lot of stuff with me but then again I made my own portal to this world. Not intentionally, mind. I knew I was making a portal, sure, but to where I didn't know. Once I had, they were pretty upset that I did, because I guess this place is warded ten ways from Sunday and I bypassed it by accident, essentially. I was wondering if we could share notes in the few classes we take together - Unless studying with a female is also against your Chivalry?"

@Ringmaster

"While I appreciate the gentlemanly nature, we're going to be working together in the field eventually, and that means we may see each other in all sorts of situations." She responded.
"Bleeding together is one thing, healing is another. Outside of those if I can, I will treat those I must as I should. Its...Complicated."

He said finally with a little reluctance.
"I see. I brought a lot of stuff with me but then again I made my own portal to this world. Not intentionally, mind. I knew I was making a portal, sure, but to where I didn't know. Once I had, they were pretty upset that I did, because I guess this place is warded ten ways from Sunday and I bypassed it by accident, essentially. I was wondering if we could share notes in the few classes we take together - Unless studying with a female is also against your Chivalry?"
He snorted.

"Not in the least. If you must know, in my homeworld women were meant to be seen and not heard."

A satisfied smirk settled on his features as he said, perhaps a little too smugly which was unusual for his character.

"It didn't work out so well, in the long run. Anyway, dark gods know I could use some help."

@Michale CS

"Not in the least. If you must know, in my homeworld women were meant to be seen and not heard."
"Oh my! That would definitely not fly back home. Too many strong women role models."

"It didn't work out so well, in the long run. Anyway, dark gods know I could use some help."
"I wonder why it didn't work out?" Bunny questioned with a tinge of sarcasm. "Well, other than the car I built for myself, I'm proving to be less than pleased with my performance in the Vehicle and Animal classes, and I'm absolutely horrid at the Survival bits. I'm too used to technology. On the other hand, you seemed to be struggling a bit in Magic Theory, which I'm aces at. I figure we could help each other out."

@Ringmaster

"I...I'd love to. So! Where do we begin then?"

He asked politely.
"Well, seeing as it might be hard to ask your help with the survival stuff right now, I might be able to start by helping you with Magic Theory?" She replied with a grin. "Also, mind if I sit down?"

@Ringmaster

"Well, seeing as it might be hard to ask your help with the survival stuff right now, I might be able to start by helping you with Magic Theory?" She replied with a grin. "Also, mind if I sit down?"

@Ringmaster
He gestured to the chair at his work desk as he got up from his bed, moving to grab his scroll from the drawer as he activated it, revealing the current assignment. Returning to his bunk, he sat down and looked on expectantly as he smiled.

"'I'm ready then."

@Michale CS

Status
Not open for further replies.