Ilvermony School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

What year should characters be?

• 1st year: Start off a new era like Harry & Gang!

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2nd year: Rookies but familiar, still a lot to grow and learn on

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3rd year: Starting to come into who they are and mature from childhood.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 4th year: Hormonal but vigorous, midway through and a balance of wisdom and vitality.

• 5th year: Older, adept and versed in their studies and craft, still needs to learn a few lessons

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • 6th year: The peak age of youth & maturity for a student, solidifying their purpose in life.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 7th year: Proficient in the magic arts and knowledgeable, oldest & ready to lead the world by storm.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@OppositeInverse

Oh, can I change the pic for the wand? I think I found one more fitting for a wand made by Wolfe/Wolfe's descendant (which had intricate designs)

Word Art 3.png

Appearance:
1d742d6dbf96f1bc87333ce88bc21822.jpg

Name: Brutus Bollough
Nickname (If any): Brute
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 220 lbs
Occupancy: Student, Duelling Club member, Teachers Assistant.
Year: Sixth
Ilvermony House: Wampus

Wand: 13 1/2 Inches, Blackthorn, White River Monster Spine, Unyielding
New-version-magic-wand-Harry-Potter-Harry-blackthorn-Non-luminous-magic-stick.jpg

Personality Goods:​
  • Tenacious​
  • Loyal​
  • Friendly​
  • Quick witted​
  • Caring​
  • Likes to learn new ways to use magic practically​
Personality Bads:​
  • Stubborn​
  • Doesn't know when to quit​
  • Born follower​
  • Quick Temper​
  • Doesn't know when to hold his tongue​
  • Uses his magic in dangerous ways.​
  • Likes to take extreme risks with magic.​

Hobbies:​
  • As a member of the duelling club he enjoys the feeling of seeing who is the better wizard in friendly competitions.​
  • He enjoys leading new students around the school to help orient themselves.​
  • During his spare time he likes volunteering to help teachers demonstrate spells in defence against the dark arts with other classes.​
  • Teaches himself Dark Arts magic in what time he can spend alone, both to use it practically and defend against it.​
Skills:​
  • Skilled in offensive and defensive duelling techniques​
  • Knows his way around the school and its surrounding areas.​
  • Knows uses of Dark Magic. (Though he has never done so around others.)​
  • Can speak Italian and English fluently, though he still has his accent.​
Background:

Brutus was Born in Florence in Italy, the son of a Dark wizard father and a No-Maj mother. He spent the majority of his young life idolizing his father, asking to see different spells that his father would use, generally showing these on his mother before wiping her memory of the acts. As he grew older the family moved to America, deciding that a fresh start would be best for them all, given what his father had been involved with.

Unfortunately, their previous life caught up with them on Brutus's 9th birthday, when Aurors showed up and started trying to apprehend his father, causing a brief but bloody battle to ensue that left two Aurors dead and his father in chains, his wand broken and his family devastated during what was supposed to be a happy day for them. The next year, a letter arrived for Brutus about Ilvermony, A school which taught young witches and wizards the intricacies of magic.

When he packed and got all the gear he needed for school, he made a promise to himself, to be the strongest wizard that none could beat in a duel. He refused to be like his father though he still practiced Dark Magic when he could, everything from Jinxes to experimenting with curses on animals. He was never caught practicing these and grew more confident in skills, along with the general classes that Ilvermony provided, excelling in Defence Against the Dark Arts.

As the years at Ilvermony increased, so too did his skills in magic, he joined the Duelling Club and earned the nickname brute for the sheer force of the magic he wielded, often sending his opponents flying backwards during their bouts. As he continued in the club he grew closer to the members, considering them a family more than his own flesh and blood. He began volunteering to help assist in teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts, though he was rejected repeatedly at first, but being as stubborn and tenacious as he was he eventually convince the teacher to give him a go, impressing the teacher as he helped students who were struggling with certain spells and often staying back to help those who still were still struggling. After this he was seen more and more often helping in these classes.

During his fifth year came the news that he had both been hoping for and dreading, his father was put to death, making Brutus feel conflicted, he loved his father but also felt that his father's dark shadow stretched to him, ridiculous as it may sound. After the man had been put to death his mother followed suit, slitting her wrists in the bathtub and dying alone while Brutus instead dove into his studies, duelling and teaching, doing his best to brace himself against the emotions that threatened to overwhelm him if he let his mental barriers down.

Now he was getting ready for his sixth year, trying his best to forget his family who were no longer with him, retreating back to his other family within Ilvermony and the students and teachers that resided there.

"Ok, I think I know why he has no nose, and bear with me here... His mother played 'Gotcha nose' but used magic and actually removed it, then she went and died that's why he was so resentful to everyone else. I mean really, wouldn't you be annoyed at everyone with a nose if you lacked one?"

Is this still accepting? I've been super busy but I'm working on my CS!

NPC's

• Ria Pocomtuc - Popular and well-loved 7th year witch from House Thunderbird. Her bloodline is linked back to the very founders of the school, Isolt Sayre and James Steward.
  • Sasha Ferren - 7th Year Prefect for Horned Serpent house. Very assertive.
  • Sabrina Andrews - 7th Year Prefect of Thunderbird, and Roommate/Best Friend of Ria Pocomtuc.
  • Headmaster Agilbert Fontaine - an American wizard and the Headmaster of Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He is a direct descendant of the Auror Theodard Fontaine, one of the Original 12 American wizards that survived the Salem Witch hunts.
  • Mr. Ronald Samson - Ilvermorny Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.
  • Prof. Theo Harkaway aka Hark - Dark Wizardy teacher / Head of Horned Serpent. Feared as well as respected.
  • Antina Goldstein - Potions teacher / Head of Pukwudgie. Quiet and keen, yet solemn.
  • Portina Goldstein - Magical Beasts teacher / Head of Thunderbird. Hardly ever is social, and looks at you past your soul. Very potent witch.
  • Jack Graves - Charms teacher / Head of Wampus. Charismatic, confident, and a downright blunt wizard who tells it like it is.
  • Nurse Joanne Chambers - Chief Medical Provider in Potions, Herbology, and Healing among Ilvermorny. Almost that aunt figure that is very disciplined, yet capable of relating to the kids in a compassionate way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have my post up in the morning

Ali Karklo

kate-winslet-500x667.jpg

Nickname: Lee
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 115 lbs
Occupancy: 6th year Ilvermorny student.
Year: 6th year.
Ilvermony House: Horned Serpent

Wand: 10" Rougarou Hair Core, Swamp Mayhaw Wood, Rigid.

Personality Goods:

+ Calculating
+ Risk-taking
+ Logical
+ Observant
+ Confident

Personality Bads:

- Loner
- Vengeful
- Arrogant
- Selfish
- Can be harsh

Hobbies and Skills:

• Gymnastics
• Has an obsession with keeping her reactions quick
• Duelling
• Dance
• Hiking
• Can speak fluent Russian, and bits of French
• Knowledge of many spells, including multiple healing spells

Background: Throughout childhood, Ali led a No-Maj's life thus far, although it has been a very active one. Born to a French dance instructor and a Russian university professor, she was raised, an only child, in a forested suburb of St. Petersburg. Her parents wanted nothing but the best for their daughter and did what they could to open up to her as many opportunities as they could afford. She grew up traveling often, frequently visiting palaces, monuments, and theaters. It was in the latter where she witnessed her mother in her element for the very first time, and watched wide-eyed as she gracefully flitted about the stage with a composure she'd never seen before. From that moment on she'd found herself practicing with her mother, who ecstatically began teaching her all that she could. Not long after, she began applying her techniques in another setting; gymnastics. The two combined disciplines worked to complement one another greatly, but when the next school year rolled around, she and her interests were the subject of teasing. For two weeks straight she came home with a new set of scrapes and bruises from fist fights and bullying from other children. Fed up, her father delivered an ultimatum to Ali's mother: remove her from the classes or make time for her to be able to learn to defend herself as well. Having no intention to impede on her daughter's passions, her mother rearranged her schedule to accommodate for the new hobby. Weeks went by and the bullying continued, until finally Ali responded. She returned the months of beatings with little concern for much else but her idea of justice. Slowly, the bruises faded, but the memories were still fresh. They drove her to step into conflicts, and settle them deliberately, when other children were being bullied. This act in itself, along with a new found confidence, made Ali a very popular child.

Five years ago the family relocated to America, where her father took up work at another university. Leaving all of her friends from Russia to start what felt like an entirely new life was difficult for Ali. Her predominately Russian accent stood out among other students and the fact that she spoke strangely became something that more unpleasant girls tended to focus on. She did as her father taught her, but frequently found herself in heaps of trouble for her aggression. Ali felt more comfortable in the gym or dance studio than school or home. There people couldn't care less about the way you spoke, so long as your experience was suitable. Throughout the transitioning period, she found herself growing much closer with her father as well. Always having spent the majority of her time with her mother, when Ali began struggling in school, the tutoring from her father helped to strengthen the bond they shared. Once a weekend they took trips into the woods, hiking to a certain point then working on studying strategies for her success. In the open environment, Ali felt more relaxed, more receptive. During one such trip the pair experienced their first notable clash with magic.

Father and daughter pressed through tall grass on their way through a clearing, when a shot rang out in the distance. Suddenly Ali found herself leaning over her father as blood spread rapidly across the forest floor. A bullet intended for a deer some ways away struck the man through the shoulder and continued. Ali watched in horror as her father clutched at the gushing hole and fell, the blood already oozing into the dirt. They both screamed; one in agony, the other pure terror. Frantically looking back and forth, Ali screamed for help, though no one responded. She looked to her father for advice, but the strong Russian man only groaned in pain. Somehow in the following moments with the buildup of panicked concern manifesting, a miracle occurred. Ali placed a ginger hand over her father's, still clutching at the bullet hole, and instantly the bleeding ceased. The wound itself slowly closed, until all that remained was an odd looking lump. The pair stared on at one another in a mixture of disbelief and relief for quite some time, shocked into silence.

It wasn't something any of them understood. They weren't a religious family, but no one could deny that a legitimate miracle took place that day. The infamous "ah-ha!" moment came with the delivery of the invitation to Ilvermorny. After seeing how magnificent of a gift magic could be firsthand, her parents were wholly supportive of this endeavor.

"Voldemort was quite smart if you think about it... raising that whole army and everything. But seriously, he couldn't magic back a new nose?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Angelic Fusion
Posted my CS, hope I wasn't just too late (seeing as the IC is up) *curls up into a ball because I procrastinate too much*

I dont think you have to worry. You said your interest anyway :P

I never get alerts from the OOC. Obnoxious but it keeps me wondering.

posted. can't wait to start battling the darkness. I've been waiting for this RP to start up.

• Love
Reactions: OppositeInverse
Posted my CS, hope I wasn't just too late (seeing as the IC is up) *curls up into a ball because I procrastinate too much*
The only thing I see wrong is the time frame. If Lee is 16 now but moved to America 3 years prior that means she would've started 3rd year at 13. So change it to 5 years ago and it should be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.