Illusion Game IV: The Day of Sagittarius III [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with an introduction, Melissa wasn't familiar with the girl at all. Though she was an avid reader, she was also very picky, only reading from the materials she'd brought on-board herself. Therefore, she'd had no reason to and hadn't gone to the library in the past few months. ...Well, she'd probably gone at least a few times, but not enough for her to even remember the face of the librarian. She didn't seem like the type that stood out though, even if she had been a frequenter of the library.

"Tell her to stay in the library, then."

Jin's bitterness seemed to actually lighten Melissa's expression, breaking her frown into a neutral expression. Or, perhaps, even a slight smile if one looked carefully. It wasn't that she took pleasure from making him bitter or upset, or anything like that. But the fact he'd gotten upset over her accusations made her believe in him more than just his normal, honest smile.

"We all do, don't we? It seems like these months just can't pass fast enough."

She sighed as she continued to absent-mindedly sort the food and medicine. Until they arrived on the planet, there was little for her to do. She was similar to Jin in that regard, she felt.

"Our journey is revolutionary for mankind, the first of its kind. We ride to the unknown, through the unknown, to make it all known. It's a trip to savor." She sounded as though she was trying to convince herself about that last bit as she was anyone else.

Noticing one of the interns for the archaeologist group, Melissa Mibu passed Elias one of the boxes of food. "This one contains meat, Mr. Klein. Please place it over there," she pointed towards an area with boxes, which presumably also contained meat.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Yun Lee @The Tactician @LuckycoolHawk9 @Bomb
3ab4786db121b2953db0f6164a4d0411.png

"..."

Continuing to riffle through the contents of the box, the girl, Minori, ignored the large man who would demand to know her name. She brushed him off just like she had Melissa, as if he were no concern at all. Thankfully, the man ended up leaving without noticing her somewhat rude behavior. Ignoring the comments of the inventory managers, along with all others, the girl kept up her antics--eventually tossing aside the box she had been looking through and moving on to another.

The new box she tried to grasp happened to be on top of a rather large stack of boxes. Stretching her short arm as far as she could, the girl could do little more than touch the edge of it. Her touch, however, was more than enough to cause the box to tip before entirely collapsing right on top of her. If anyone would turn to look, they would wouldn't even see Minori. She had been entirely buried by the boxes.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @The Tactician @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Storage

7208c4fcdf68ef7c7a9317e049e635f5.png

"R-Right!" Yuko exclaimed in reply to the doctor, scrambling to pick up the first-aid kits and try to return them to where they belonged. Meanwhile, when Daniel peeked outside of the Medical Bay he would see that the source of the scream appeared to be a girl. She looked young, no older than twelve, and was lying on the floor crying.

0a8c18d19890810afe288e9d5e524255.png

"I-It hurts," she whimpered. "Johhhhnnn, help me!"

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @Krieg @MedicalBay
Matsumoto pursed his lips when Jo would seem to start to take off in embarrassment, and it seemed that with the misunderstanding cleared up, some began to leave, including Daren and Jin. Well, they were all busy people after all, being counselor and security respectively. He took a breath to himself, before finding himself rubbing the back of his neck and nodding at Melissa's words, giving an apologetic bow, even though when he thought about it, he didn't even really do anything wrong... Right?

"S-Sorry, Miss Mibu! I'll... make sure she doesn't wander about again," he exclaimed without even thinking. Despite the fact that he technically held seniority on the ship due to being a part of it for nearly as long as the Captain, First Mate, and others, one had to wonder how much that counted for when his job included mainly being stuck down in the Storage area, though he'd rather not answer what his rank technically was.

Shiraishii meanwhile only gave a judgmental look over at his companion.

"And I'm the transparent one, huh?"

"I... don't know what you're talking about," Matsumoto grunted, pulling his head back up.

"No no, I get it, Miss Mibu's... definitely at least an A-minus too. Can't say you have bad taste, if your interest in Consultant Matsuoka is anything to--"

"Anyway...!" Matsumoto would pipe up to interrupt Shiraishii before he could say any more, hoping that the subject would be moved on from there. And as his luck would have it, it indeed would.

"H-Hey, be careful with those boxes, we need to properly transport those and--" He'd exclaim when Mibu would pass a box over to Klein.

"Well, hey, if people wanna help, then let 'em," Shiraishii said, crossing his arms, "If people were here in the first place, then they must want a job, right?" He inquired, before facing everyone who stuck around, "You all... are here to do volunteer work, right?"

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @penguin055 @Storage

"Got it." Elias grabbed the box handed to him by his fellow archaeologist on either side, making sure not to drop it. He was caught slightly off-guard by its weight, but carrying it was no problem. Even though his main priority was his studies, he made sure to keep his body in shape too. He walked over to the area indicated by Melissa, taking care not to trip on his way, and set down the box on top of another one just like it in size (and in smell).

Just as he set the box of meat down, he heard the sound of the books tumbling down onto Minori, and would turn to see her buried in them. He'd run over to help, crouching down to dig through the pile and uncover the librarian. The student couldn't help but look over the title of each book he picked up, apparently more interested in saving them than the girl buried beneath. "Are you okay under there?" he would ask a little loudly, not quite sure if she could hear him under all those books.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Verite @Storage Room

Sterling had given up on trying to find the other girl who was in the room and he wasn't going to go out of his way to find her. It seemed that they needed help in the storage room and he was already here, so he might as well help everyone who was in here. " So, what exactly can I help with? I may as well help while I am here," he said, being honest with everyone. He might as well move things since he hadn't been keeping out with his workouts.

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @Verite @penguin055 @Storage

"..."

Continuing to riffle through the contents of the box, the girl, Minori, ignored the large man who would demand to know her name. She brushed him off just like she had Melissa, as if he were no concern at all. Thankfully, the man ended up leaving without noticing her somewhat rude behavior. Ignoring the comments of the inventory managers, along with all others, the girl kept up her antics--eventually tossing aside the box she had been looking through and moving on to another.

The new box she tried to grasp happened to be on top of a rather large stack of boxes. Stretching her short arm as far as she could, the girl could do little more than touch the edge of it. Her touch, however, was more than enough to cause the box to tip before entirely collapsing right on top of her. If anyone would turn to look, they would wouldn't even see Minori. She had been entirely buried by the boxes.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @The Tactician @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Storage

"R-Right!" Yuko exclaimed in reply to the doctor, scrambling to pick up the first-aid kits and try to return them to where they belonged. Meanwhile, when Daniel peeked outside of the Medical Bay he would see that the source of the scream appeared to be a girl. She looked young, no older than twelve, and was lying on the floor crying.

"Got it." Elias grabbed the box handed to him by his fellow archaeologist on either side, making sure not to drop it. He was caught slightly off-guard by its weight, but carrying it was no problem. Even though his main priority was his studies, he made sure to keep his body in shape too. He walked over to the area indicated by Melissa, taking care not to trip on his way, and set down the box on top of another one just like it in size (and in smell).

Just as he set the box of meat down, he heard the sound of the books tumbling down onto Minori, and would turn to see her buried in them. He'd run over to help, crouching down to dig through the pile and uncover the librarian. The student couldn't help but look over the title of each book he picked up, apparently more interested in saving them than the girl buried beneath. "Are you okay under there?" he would ask a little loudly, not quite sure if she could hear him under all those books.

Sterling had given up on trying to find the other girl who was in the room and he wasn't going to go out of his way to find her. It seemed that they needed help in the storage room and he was already here, so he might as well help everyone who was in here. " So, what exactly can I help with? I may as well help while I am here," he said, being honest with everyone. He might as well move things since he hadn't been keeping out with his workouts.

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @Verite @penguin055 @Storage

Hearing the crash, Ophelis turned from her 'inspection' and saw that the stowaway (was she a stowaway? She hadn't laid attention) was buried under some boxes. Rushing over to help Elias reorganize the boxes, Ophelia would restack as he helped her out.

@penguin055 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Kaykay @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Storage
---------

Upon seeing the child crying on the floor, Daniel sneered in disgust and went back into the Med Bay, going back to his sterilization. "Just some guttersnipe," he said with a wave of his hand, adding with disgust. "It was...crying."

@Minerva @Yatagarasu @Jeremi @Krieg @MedBay​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"My name is Ch...Mika...Mika...Na...Sikou. Mika Sikou. Mika Sikou."

The teenager gripped her skirt, trembling hands nearly about to tear the fabrics off completely. A heavy breath escaped the junior programmer's mouth, visions of something else flowing before her pink eyes. She saw the outline of a fountain, the silhouette of some academy and the lush green of an untarnished garden. She saw faces she did not recognize, some invoking a feeling of happiness, others invoking a feeling of fear and dread. A paleness coursed through the petite girl's spine, the crawl of pestilence, both of the body and of the mind.

"I n-need to sleep...a-and I got a chill. I-I think I have a c-cold as well as...whatever this is." Mika admitted flatly, sitting on the medical bed, seeing the commotion happening around the office. Another busy day as usual, not that Mika herself knew this place extremely well- she had only been on visits after all. An introvert and secluded, the teenager did her work, ate her meals, and slept after a long day of work (along with playing such hit classics such as Galaga and Tetris).

The lull of life in the cosmic void.

Silently, Mika also thought about responding to that email.

Soon.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yatagarasu @Minerva @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Medical Bay

• Useful
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
And... there was Christa. Suyong's estranged sister had come in almost every day like clockwork. Mainly just to say hello. Today, she criticized the choice of work music. "It's calming, Christa." She said. "Especially Erik Satie. I play it for a calming environment." When her sister announced she was leaving, Suyong nodded. "Alright, I will see you this afternoon. Have a great morning.

She turned back to Mika. "Alright, sorry about that. Just had to straighten some things out."

@Yun Lee @Medical Bay
"Alright, alright," Christa puts her hands up gently. "Although, you should really listen to some other music one day. I'm sure there are other tunes that calms people down that are way better than that"

Poor flustered Yuko let out a massive sigh of relief when Dr. Park. "R-Really? You're not mad?" The girl sighed again, before glancing down at the first-aid kits in her arms. "I'm glad. Ummm, since you're not busy can you tell me where these go? I found them lying out. I think the nurse on duty last night forgot to put them away..." The poor dear had been there for four months had she still didn't remember where things went.

She turned to Christa afterwards, offering the young woman a sweet smile. "Would you really? That would be a big help. Thank you," she said, offering a few of the first-aid kits to her. Before she could hand them over, however, the girl would find herself spooked by a scream outside of the medial bay. Yuko flinched and gasped in response, causing herself to yet again spill the objects onto the floor. "Wh-What was that!?"

@Minerva @Krieg @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @MedicalBay
"Of course," Christa replied to the flustered Yuko, before taking the kits that were offered into her hands. "You should be more careful next time."

Just as she finished picking up the medical kits, a huge scream outside the Medical Bay shuddered into the room, causing the klutzy lady next to her to drop her kits again. Christa sighed quietly, she really need to get her shit together, she thought.

Ophelia didn't pay too much attention to the newcomers, her focus instead on the stowaway girl shuffling through boxes. That could get her in trouble...Taking a hesistant step forward, Ophelia planned to try and talk to her. "Hey, uh..."

And then Jo yelled.

Ophelia screeched, only a second long before she realized what she was doing and clamped both hands over her mouth, turning away and looking down. Crap, that was embarrassing... In an attempt to regain some dignity, Ophelia walked off to examine some of the crates. Next time she'd find a job with quieter people. Her heart couldn't take this.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @The Tactician @Jeremi @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Storage

-----------

The scream outside startled Daniel, who almost dropped his penicillium samples-he didn't, thank goodness, but it was close! "Grrr...now what?!" Everyone on this damned ship was getting on his nerves! Stepping outside, Daniel started to hunt down the source of those damned screams, muttering angrily to himself as he did so.

@Minerva @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yatagarasu @Krieg
"Jeez, I wonder what's up with the ship." Christa muttered to herself. The first four months went very easily and quietly, but all of a sudden, everything is suddenly going wrong. What the fuck is going on?

"..."

She went in to hug the child, before patting it on the back. "Shhh shh," Christa whispered into the child's ear. "Don't cry now."

It might seem like a nice gesture, but in reality, Christa hates crying children because to her, the cries of a child often sends cold shivers down her spine. It's like the sound of a chalk scraping along the blackboard.

"Well uh...I can try at least." Daren responded and moved over to the girl. "Hi, I'm Father Daren Maish. The doctor said byoubwere having nightmares?"

The teenager gripped her skirt, trembling hands nearly about to tear the fabrics off completely. A heavy breath escaped the junior programmer's mouth, visions of something else flowing before her pink eyes. She saw the outline of a fountain, the silhouette of some academy and the lush green of an untarnished garden. She saw faces she did not recognize, some invoking a feeling of happiness, others invoking a feeling of fear and dread. A paleness coursed through the petite girl's spine, the crawl of pestilence, both of the body and of the mind.

"I n-need to sleep...a-and I got a chill. I-I think I have a c-cold as well as...whatever this is." Mika admitted flatly, sitting on the medical bed, seeing the commotion happening around the office. Another busy day as usual, not that Mika herself knew this place extremely well- she had only been on visits after all. An introvert and secluded, the teenager did her work, ate her meals, and slept after a long day of work (along with playing such hit classics such as Galaga and Tetris).

Soon.

"Is there a...spiritual reason for these feelings? Or do...you think you have a cold?" Daren couldn't really do much if the patient didn't have anything to say. Being a counselor was a bit of a give and take in that regard. "Well I am here now so if there's anything you're thinking don't hesitate to ask. That's why I'm here after all."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Krieg @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @MedicalBay

QNELJWg.png

At the ship's Social Center, Anna would find the job requests board accessible from any of the computers in the area. There, she would be able to see what volunteer jobs were available for the day.

Storage Assistance: Our inventory managers are looking for help with sorting some of the food and medicine kept aboard the ship. Any help would be appreciated!

Medical Bay Assistance: P-Please help! I just need an extra pair of hands to help out with some work! No medical knowledge needed!

@york @SocialCenter
Stepping into the Social Center, Lauren felt the two of them come to a stop, which gave her the indication that they were standing nearby the volunteer notice that was mentioned in the announcement intercom. She wasn't sure if they had implemented the text-to-speech capabilities of the notices on those computers, or that there was an alternative of Braille for her to use in order to read out the volunteer notices. However, she figured that she'll try and figure out if that was the case, reaching out and running her fingers on the computer screen trying to feel the bumps of Braille reading.

"Huh... I don't feel anything here... maybe they haven't gotten the reading alternatives here... yet... u-um, Anna, can you read out on what's available for... volunteering this time around? I don't really... know what's there..."

It was frustrating at times when it came to being unable to do things because of her lack of sight, but sometimes it felt great to do things without that crucial sense to have in life. Thankfully she had a few people that she knew that would give her the helping hand whenever she couldn't do something on her own... but she didn't want to depend on people so much when she could try her hand at it first.

Lauren saw her lack of sight as a challenge for herself, to see on what she could do without it and what her true limits were when it came to certain tasks. At least with this, Lauren wasn't alone when figuring herself out...

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Social Center​
Anna Amherst
@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Social Center

Anna looked at the screens quietly, mulling over the two jobs they currently had available, before Lauren's hands obscuring the screen she was reading reminded her that her cousin wasn't going to be able to read like she was. It really was a pity that the ship wasn't quite equipped to handle those who may not be able to see. With a few blinks, she looked over the two jobs once last time before she spoke.

"Storage Assistance, and Medical Bay Assistance." She said, just loud enough for Lauren to hear.

Hmm, while she got kind of worried thinking about the latter, she realized that there was a bit of an influx of people towards the Storage area from what she had seen. So, perhaps the Medical Bay needed some more support? Granted she wasn't so confident in her skills in that department, she would have to make herself usefull somehow.

Taking a deep breath, Anna tried to sound as brave as she could.

"Maybe we should go help out in the Medical Bay?" She suggested.

Admittedly she was practically scared stiff she'd somehow botch the job, perhaps with Lauren there, they might be able to work together to complete their task at hand... Or just double the trouble they might get themselves into... With any luck, it would be the former, not the latter.​

"..."

Luka, after having arrived, kind of zoned out for a while towards the back until the sound of boxes falling with a crash snapped him out of his daydreaming. He wordlessly moved to help, hoping to pull the boxes off of the odd librarian along with the others who would try to help.

"Geez, just what were you looking for?" he muttered with a sigh. He would give a slight grunt as he helped move a box, it being slightly heavier than it looked. He couldn't help but feel his cheeks heat up a little out of embarrassment. He hoped that no one heard that. He didn't know why he felt slightly self conscious about how much ease it took to lift and move a box full of supplies and all that.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9@Verite @Storage

"That's why I signed-up for th- Dammit, he did it again..."

A crossed expression ruined the smile Jin had as he noticed his brother's cup of coffee sitting there, unattended to. Setting down one of the lighter boxes he had chosen to carry, he walked over to the beverage and eyed it warily, wondering if he should go ahead and try to correct his brother's mistake. Well, it's not like our mother is here to keep him straight anymore...

"Miss Mibu, I'll be back in a minute. Jo shouldn't go out without his cup of coffee. We'll continue our talk later."

He spoke loud enough for everyone to hear and left without waiting for a response, letting them get the message that he was in a hurry to get this particular duty over with. Hopefully, they would take the hint and give Jo a good ribbing over the topic so that Jin wouldn't have to do this again.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Yun Lee @The Tactician @LuckycoolHawk9 @Bomb @CrunchyCHEEZIT
As Jin made his way out of the Storage room to return the lone cup of coffee left sitting on the crate, he would find his older brother leaning against a wall in the hallway outside of the Storage area, rubbing his temples and nodding his head as he seems to be talking to someone over communications.

"Ye--yes, yes, I got it, sir, it was a mistake on my part. No-- No, I don't accuse random crewmembers of being stowawa--"

His gaze turned towards Jin, giving him a halfhearted wave before continuing, "...Yes, alright, won't happen again, thank you." Jo nodded his head once before ending the call, leaning back against the wall and groaning. Jo wasn't the best achiever in school, unlike his brother-- he was known for being clever, but a slow thinker. He never liked school all that much anyway, the only thing he had going for him was his strong work ethic, getting all the work done and on time...with wrong answers, most of the time. Jo usually does work without any mistakes or questions, but in the moments where he fails at a simple task, it is possible one of the worst feelings for him.

He looked at Jin and gave a weak smile, accepting the coffee from him and taking a long sip. "Thanks, brother. You know how I am when I'm not on people-on-floor duty, heh! Make all kinds of small mistakes and...risk losing my only job aboard the ship, haaah," he wheezed, looking down at the floor and considering the fact he almost detained a Librarian whom he didn't even know was a crewmember on the ship.

"You remember some of those times where I asked you to avoid being like me when you get older? Yeah, take this as example one-- you end up making a fool of yourself and you get reprimanded by people like Miss Mibu. Did she ever say anything nice to you for once, like, 'Morning, Mr.Tajiri, how are you?'"

"Because she's never done that for me."

Jo would accidentally change the topic, angrily sipping his coffee and grumbling about how much he hated that woman underneath his breath. Jo is usually seen as a humble, gentle giant known for making friends with anyone he works with, but those with attitude piss him off to no end.

@The Tactician @peeps

Derek nodded and looked around. He shifted the guitar on his back."Um well...I guess you could say I'm a freelance musician looking for work. I used to be in a band...but I left due to...creative differences. I play guitar...but I can l also piano and a few other instruments. I've been told my singing voice isn't to shabby either." He said, speaking mostly to Daisuke.
"Flattery will get you nowhere. In fact, if you keep it up, it'll end up with you going backwards," John would say in mild annoyance in response to Daisuke's initial compliments, though his expression quickly shifted a little in discomfort when the comment would be made regarding his relationship with the Captain. He sighed a breath of relief when Daisuke would clarify that he was merely joking... but he really had to wonder sometimes.

John would proceed to keep silent when Derek would begin talking again, listing his... skills. He pursed his lips, wondering how those would be able to be used on a ship. But then... Know what? If Daisuke fancied himself as competent as the best (rather than the rest), then John would let him demonstrate that. Let him see how he liked grunt work!

And not because John himself was too lazy to get to it at the moment.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Command Station
Seeing the stink eye Mr. Smith was giving him, Daisuke said nothing in reply and focused on speaking with Derek instead. "So you're an entertainer of sorts? You should've come to us sooner! I know the perfect place for you to work," he said, pausing to walk over to one of the Command Station's various computers. On the computer's screen he brought up a map of the ship and pointed to a location on it.

"We have a Bar and Entertainment Zone where a lot of people spend time during the evening hours. It's quite the popular place. Most of the time we have holograms performing music, but it would be rather refreshing to hear some live music played there. Would something like that interest you?" he questioned.

@Nater Taters @Verite @CommandStation

Upon seeing the child crying on the floor, Daniel sneered in disgust and went back into the Med Bay, going back to his sterilization. "Just some guttersnipe," he said with a wave of his hand, adding with disgust. "It was...crying."

@Minerva @Yatagarasu @Jeremi @Krieg @MedBay

Soon.

"Alright, alright," Christa puts her hands up gently. "Although, you should really listen to some other music one day. I'm sure there are other tunes that calms people down that are way better than that"

"Of course," Christa replied to the flustered Yuko, before taking the kits that were offered into her hands. "You should be more careful next time."

Just as she finished picking up the medical kits, a huge scream outside the Medical Bay shuddered into the room, causing the klutzy lady next to her to drop her kits again. Christa sighed quietly, she really need to get her shit together, she thought.

"Jeez, I wonder what's up with the ship." Christa muttered to herself. The first four months went very easily and quietly, but all of a sudden, everything is suddenly going wrong. What the fuck is going on?

She went in to hug the child, before patting it on the back. "Shhh shh," Christa whispered into the child's ear. "Don't cry now."

It might seem like a nice gesture, but in reality, Christa hates crying children because to her, the cries of a child often sends cold shivers down her spine. It's like the sound of a chalk scraping along the blackboard.

"Well uh...I can try at least." Daren responded and moved over to the girl. "Hi, I'm Father Daren Maish. The doctor said byoubwere having nightmares?"

"Is there a...spiritual reason for these feelings? Or do...you think you have a cold?" Daren couldn't really do much if the patient didn't have anything to say. Being a counselor was a bit of a give and take in that regard. "Well I am here now so if there's anything you're thinking don't hesitate to ask. That's why I'm here after all."

Anna Amherst
@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Social Center

Anna looked at the screens quietly, mulling over the two jobs they currently had available, before Lauren's hands obscuring the screen she was reading reminded her that her cousin wasn't going to be able to read like she was. It really was a pity that the ship wasn't quite equipped to handle those who may not be able to see. With a few blinks, she looked over the two jobs once last time before she spoke.

"Storage Assistance, and Medical Bay Assistance." She said, just loud enough for Lauren to hear.

Hmm, while she got kind of worried thinking about the latter, she realized that there was a bit of an influx of people towards the Storage area from what she had seen. So, perhaps the Medical Bay needed some more support? Granted she wasn't so confident in her skills in that department, she would have to make herself usefull somehow.

Taking a deep breath, Anna tried to sound as brave as she could.

"Maybe we should go help out in the Medical Bay?" She suggested.

Admittedly she was practically scared stiff she'd somehow botch the job, perhaps with Lauren there, they might be able to work together to complete their task at hand... Or just double the trouble they might get themselves into... With any luck, it would be the former, not the latter.​
"O-Oh... we can try out... helping there... at the Medical Bay."

It sounded like she wasn't that confident with her words, but she knew that they had to give it a try like they did the first time around with the volunteering last time. In addition to that, she overheard people idly saying that they were headed towards the storage area, which she heard a lot of people say so. Maybe it would be beneficial for everyone else on board if the volunteer work was balanced out from them all.

So it was clear what their decision was, but not long in their eventual arrival at the Medical Bay, Lauren grew immediately worried at what she heard the most.

"... i-is someone... crying?"

Just the thought of someone being all sad and crying made the girl feel worried, especially when she couldn't tell on why she heard crying. Did someone get hurt? Did something terrible happen? For sure it didn't sound like happy crying, so Lauren couldn't do much else but comment out her audio observation on this and stand there beside her cousin... worried.

Just listening more to the crying girl's words, Lauren had a feeling that her questions could be answered right away and show that this was both questions combined... that someone was hurt and that something terrible possibly happened.

All of it worried Lauren sick, and it conflicted her that she couldn't do much else but say a few passing words.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Krieg @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @Jeremi @york @MedicalBay​

As Jin made his way out of the Storage room to return the lone cup of coffee left sitting on the crate, he would find his older brother leaning against a wall in the hallway outside of the Storage area, rubbing his temples and nodding his head as he seems to be talking to someone over communications.

"Ye--yes, yes, I got it, sir, it was a mistake on my part. No-- No, I don't accuse random crewmembers of being stowawa--"

His gaze turned towards Jin, giving him a halfhearted wave before continuing, "...Yes, alright, won't happen again, thank you." Jo nodded his head once before ending the call, leaning back against the wall and groaning. Jo wasn't the best achiever in school, unlike his brother-- he was known for being clever, but a slow thinker. He never liked school all that much anyway, the only thing he had going for him was his strong work ethic, getting all the work done and on time...with wrong answers, most of the time. Jo usually does work without any mistakes or questions, but in the moments where he fails at a simple task, it is possible one of the worst feelings for him.

He looked at Jin and gave a weak smile, accepting the coffee from him and taking a long sip. "Thanks, brother. You know how I am when I'm not on people-on-floor duty, heh! Make all kinds of small mistakes and...risk losing my only job aboard the ship, haaah," he wheezed, looking down at the floor and considering the fact he almost detained a Librarian whom he didn't even know was a crewmember on the ship.

"You remember some of those times where I asked you to avoid being like me when you get older? Yeah, take this as example one-- you end up making a fool of yourself and you get reprimanded by people like Miss Mibu. Did she ever say anything nice to you for once, like, 'Morning, Mr.Tajiri, how are you?'"

"Because she's never done that for me."

Jo would accidentally change the topic, angrily sipping his coffee and grumbling about how much he hated that woman underneath his breath. Jo is usually seen as a humble, gentle giant known for making friends with anyone he works with, but those with attitude piss him off to no end.

@The Tactician @peeps
His brows furrowed as he listened to his brother speak into the communicator. Was it his commander or one of the officers on the ship that were berating him for what had occurred in the storage area? Of course bureaucracy would be coming down on him instead of the woman who didn't even show identification or have a reason for rummaging in the storage area. Probably the fault of that incompetent pervert as well...

"It wasn't your fault what happened back there, Jo," Jin replied with a sigh as he leaned against the wall with his brother, slipping his hands into the pockets of his jacket, "You were doing your job back there, making sure there wasn't trouble brewing on the ship. Not your fault that some girl just shows up and was claimed to be the librarian, even though we've only seen her rummaging in the storage area and never in the library." For a moment, he considered whether or not the two men that had conveniently showed up out of the blue were even officers on the vessel. The younger Tajiri had never seen either of them before either, not even in the mess hall during the mass meal times. Where the hell had they come from, out of the blue after four months of being prisoners on this ship?

He took a moment to calm himself, feeling his bitterness at the trip's length boiling and building up again. He didn't need to get angry right now, not when he was about to go to work.

"As for Mibu... You saw how she stuck her nose in and talked down to me. There's a reason why I don't like talking to her on or off duty. Outside of her actually agreeing about why she was here, I don't think I've heard her say anything polite towards me."

To say that Jin disliked speaking with his fellow researcher was a crime against his true feelings. While Mibu might have thought they had some sort of bond over the fact that they were both without true entertainment on this voyage, Jin held nothing but disdain for her actions towards him and his brother. Even though their ages were similar, even when he was on duty earlier or finished quicker than her, the woman would always speak down to him as if he was some sort of child to judge in Jin's mind. With how often she inserted herself into his conversations and agitated the situation and him by needless interrogation, Tajiri never felt safe to speak his mind on her or many other issues without being sure it was only he and his brother and usually only in their shared quarters.

Add upon the fact that her behavior had become monotonous in its rudeness towards him, and there was no positivity to their relationship whatsoever in Jin's mind. At times, it was a struggle to maintain an act of politeness rather than allowing Mibu to know his true feelings about her.

"Anyways, I got my part in the storage inspection finished up with, so if you have the time, we can go get something to eat. You know, to get your mind off that?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

---------

@Minerva @Yatagarasu @Jeremi @Krieg @MedBay

Soon.

After putting away the first aid kits, Nurse Goto would turn back just in time to see Daniel state what noise had been going on outside of the Med Bay. "Wh-What?" she questioned, anxiously cupping her hands against her chest as she moved to the door and peeked out to see what he was talking about. The young woman squeaked when she would see the crying girl, a worried expression appearing on her face. "O-Oh no! I wonder what's wrong with her?"

When Christa would pat the child on her back, she slowly started to sit up. She moved to lean her back against the wall and pulled her knees up to her chest, pressing her face into them before continuing to cry. Occasionally, she would reach down to rub her left ankle. "I-I think I broke my foot," she whimpered. "John is gonna be so mad..."

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @Krieg @Gummi Bunnies @york @MedicalBay

"..."

Hearing the crash, Ophelis turned from her 'inspection' and saw that the stowaway (was she a stowaway? She hadn't laid attention) was buried under some boxes. Rushing over to help Elias reorganize the boxes, Ophelia would restack as he helped her out.

@penguin055 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Kaykay @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Storage
Luka, after having arrived, kind of zoned out for a while towards the back until the sound of boxes falling with a crash snapped him out of his daydreaming. He wordlessly moved to help, hoping to pull the boxes off of the odd librarian along with the others who would try to help.

"Geez, just what were you looking for?" he muttered with a sigh. He would give a slight grunt as he helped move a box, it being slightly heavier than it looked. He couldn't help but feel his cheeks heat up a little out of embarrassment. He hoped that no one heard that. He didn't know why he felt slightly self conscious about how much ease it took to lift and move a box full of supplies and all that.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9@Verite @Storage
"Miss Chiha--Oh, jeez!" Shiraishii exclaimed with concern, marching over to her and the others who would attempt to get the heavy boxes off of her small form, helping the rest of the helpers, while Matsumoto would look over with a mixture of curiosity and apprehension.

"Is... she gonna be alright?"

"..."

Shiraishii remained silent for a while, looking over the poor librarian's condition. He pursed his lips worriedly, attempting to help her up as he looked over at everyone around. "She needs medical treatment... Got some nasty bruises. Matsumoto and I will stay back and clean up the mess, so in the meantime, could you guys help Miss Chihara here to the Med Bay?"

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Hospes @Bomb @penguin055 @Yun Lee @Storage

"Miss Chiha--Oh, jeez!" Shiraishii exclaimed with concern, marching over to her and the others who would attempt to get the heavy boxes off of her small form, helping the rest of the helpers, while Matsumoto would look over with a mixture of curiosity and apprehension.

"..."

Shiraishii remained silent for a while, looking over the poor librarian's condition. He pursed his lips worriedly, attempting to help her up as he looked over at everyone around. "She needs medical treatment... Got some nasty bruises. Matsumoto and I will stay back and clean up the mess, so in the meantime, could you guys help Miss Chihara here to the Med Bay?"

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Hospes @Bomb @penguin055 @Yun Lee @Storage
Craig had soon run out of stock and soon had to head down to the storage room to restock. Business was going fast on the ship. Being the owner of the store inside of the ship, Craig looked at Jerry, one of his employees.

"Hey Jerry, could you handle the register while I'm gone? Gotta go get some more stuff out of the storage room and restock." The employee nodded and took over the register while Craig went to go restock.

He soon made it into the storage, expecting to find not that many people there. Instead what he found was what appeared to be an injured person of some sort and a group of people surrounding her. "What the hell happened here?" Craig asked in a concerned tone.

@Kaykay] @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Hospes @Bomb @penguin055 @Yun Lee @Storage

His brows furrowed as he listened to his brother speak into the communicator. Was it his commander or one of the officers on the ship that were berating him for what had occurred in the storage area? Of course bureaucracy would be coming down on him instead of the woman who didn't even show identification or have a reason for rummaging in the storage area. Probably the fault of that incompetent pervert as well...

"It wasn't your fault what happened back there, Jo," Jin replied with a sigh as he leaned against the wall with his brother, slipping his hands into the pockets of his jacket, "You were doing your job back there, making sure there wasn't trouble brewing on the ship. Not your fault that some girl just shows up and was claimed to be the librarian, even though we've only seen her rummaging in the storage area and never in the library." For a moment, he considered whether or not the two men that had conveniently showed up out of the blue were even officers on the vessel. The younger Tajiri had never seen either of them before either, not even in the mess hall during the mass meal times. Where the hell had they come from, out of the blue after four months of being prisoners on this ship?

He took a moment to calm himself, feeling his bitterness at the trip's length boiling and building up again. He didn't need to get angry right now, not when he was about to go to work.

"As for Mibu... You saw how she stuck her nose in and talked down to me. There's a reason why I don't like talking to her on or off duty. Outside of her actually agreeing about why she was here, I don't think I've heard her say anything polite towards me."

To say that Jin disliked speaking with his fellow researcher was a crime against his true feelings. While Mibu might have thought they had some sort of bond over the fact that they were both without true entertainment on this voyage, Jin held nothing but disdain for her actions towards him and his brother. Even though their ages were similar, even when he was on duty earlier or finished quicker than her, the woman would always speak down to him as if he was some sort of child to judge in Jin's mind. With how often she inserted herself into his conversations and agitated the situation and him by needless interrogation, Tajiri never felt safe to speak his mind on her or many other issues without being sure it was only he and his brother and usually only in their shared quarters.

Add upon the fact that her behavior had become monotonous in its rudeness towards him, and there was no positivity to their relationship whatsoever in Jin's mind. At times, it was a struggle to maintain an act of politeness rather than allowing Mibu to know his true feelings about her.

"Anyways, I got my part in the storage inspection finished up with, so if you have the time, we can go get something to eat. You know, to get your mind off that?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Jo gave a curious look down at his younger brother, taking in his words with genuine thought. In his own defense, the miss was still doing something that would've warranted security action, that taking random objects from the Storage without proper authorization. Though, something about her seemed offputting; the way she looked around, ignoring everyone else. Jo considered that she may have had some sort of mental problem, perhaps a disorder?

And in that same line of thought, he took a breath and looked down at his brother.

"Jin, I've ever gotten anything good out of life by blaming it on someone else. When something comes my way, I always just sort of took the fall for it. I never actually tried to pin it on someone else to save my own skin-- no matter who was the one who really deserved the blame. That always just made shitty problems that messed up everyone involved, so I take the hit."

"...This is a really, really dumb thing to start lecturing over, but, like I always say."

"Don't be me."

Jo made full eye contact with Jin for a few moments as he repeated the same brotherly lesson he passed down to Jin since their childhood; don't be anything like me, you be you, but don't be like me. The reasoning behind Jo repeating this saying to his brother was a mystery, he only ever said it after something happens to either him or Jin; ranging from small little incidents like this to something that would leave one of them in a sudden coma and the other one feeling guilty for something he had no stake in.

Jo took another long sip from his coffee, and quickly shook his head. "Ah, whatever," he muttered, crumpling his empty coffee cup and tossing it into a nearby bin, "Let's go grab some grub, I needed to patrol there anyway."

Jo gave lighter pat on the shoulder of his brother, turning and walking off towards the Cafeteria.

@The Tactician @CAFETERIA

Jo gave a curious look down at his younger brother, taking in his words with genuine thought. In his own defense, the miss was still doing something that would've warranted security action, that taking random objects from the Storage without proper authorization. Though, something about her seemed offputting; the way she looked around, ignoring everyone else. Jo considered that she may have had some sort of mental problem, perhaps a disorder?

And in that same line of thought, he took a breath and looked down at his brother.

"Jin, I've ever gotten anything good out of life by blaming it on someone else. When something comes my way, I always just sort of took the fall for it. I never actually tried to pin it on someone else to save my own skin-- no matter who was the one who really deserved the blame. That always just made shitty problems that messed up everyone involved, so I take the hit."

"...This is a really, really dumb thing to start lecturing over, but, like I always say."

"Don't be me."

Jo made full eye contact with Jin for a few moments as he repeated the same brotherly lesson he passed down to Jin since their childhood; don't be anything like me, you be you, but don't be like me. The reasoning behind Jo repeating this saying to his brother was a mystery, he only ever said it after something happens to either him or Jin; ranging from small little incidents like this to something that would leave one of them in a sudden coma and the other one feeling guilty for something he had no stake in.

Jo took another long sip from his coffee, and quickly shook his head. "Ah, whatever," he muttered, crumpling his empty coffee cup and tossing it into a nearby bin, "Let's go grab some grub, I needed to patrol there anyway."

Jo gave lighter pat on the shoulder of his brother, turning and walking off towards the Cafeteria.

@The Tactician @CAFETERIA

Raven Summersnow Slowmercury | Cafeteria
Princess Emily Cutt | Cafeteria

"Ah! Caldwell! You have retur- oh."

Raven was most astonished. That wasn't Caldwell.

"Humblest apologies," Raven says, "but the person whom had left to acquire the ingredients at the storage hasn't returned yet. Please be patient. I can take your orders in advanced, though."

"Aren't there leftovers from yesterday?" Princess Emily Cutt questions Raven.

"You know I cannot do that, Princess. That's against the rules."

@The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @CAFETERIA

"..."

Ophelia stepped forward, then paused to consider. Would her father be upset with her for showing up to Medical with other Storage volunteers? She wasn't good at lying at all...and even now she could tell how apprehensive she looked. "C-Can I stay and help, please?" An odd question, one she needed to justify fast. "Um...my father-Dr. Wong, the pharmacist-he'd get worried if he knew I was trying to work..." That was true, but it wouldn't be worry over her safety. It was worry that something, anything, could jeopardize his precious research.

@Verite

Melissa shot the man a rather disapproving look. "What, you can't tell? Didn't you come here from the Social Center? We're sorting inventory, now get a move on!" Even though as an archaeologist she didn't really have any sort of authority or even more knowledge of what went down here than others, it seemed she'd still decided to take charge, somewhat.
Matsumoto pursed his lips when Jo would seem to start to take off in embarrassment, and it seemed that with the misunderstanding cleared up, some began to leave, including Daren and Jin. Well, they were all busy people after all, being counselor and security respectively. He took a breath to himself, before finding himself rubbing the back of his neck and nodding at Melissa's words, giving an apologetic bow, even though when he thought about it, he didn't even really do anything wrong... Right?

"S-Sorry, Miss Mibu! I'll... make sure she doesn't wander about again," he exclaimed without even thinking. Despite the fact that he technically held seniority on the ship due to being a part of it for nearly as long as the Captain, First Mate, and others, one had to wonder how much that counted for when his job included mainly being stuck down in the Storage area, though he'd rather not answer what his rank technically was.

Shiraishii meanwhile only gave a judgmental look over at his companion.

"And I'm the transparent one, huh?"

"I... don't know what you're talking about," Matsumoto grunted, pulling his head back up.

"No no, I get it, Miss Mibu's... definitely at least an A-minus too. Can't say you have bad taste, if your interest in Consultant Matsuoka is anything to--"

"Anyway...!" Matsumoto would pipe up to interrupt Shiraishii before he could say any more, hoping that the subject would be moved on from there. And as his luck would have it, it indeed would.

"H-Hey, be careful with those boxes, we need to properly transport those and--" He'd exclaim when Mibu would pass a box over to Klein.

"Well, hey, if people wanna help, then let 'em," Shiraishii said, crossing his arms, "If people were here in the first place, then they must want a job, right?" He inquired, before facing everyone who stuck around, "You all... are here to do volunteer work, right?"

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @penguin055 @Storage
She nodded as Matsumoto seemed to accept the orders she'd given the crewmate, and also promptly ignored the comments they were making on "A-Minuses" or whatever. Though she did have to admit she was somewhat annoyed that it wasn't an A-Plus, whatever it was they she was being ranked in.

"Of course they are. There's no other reason they would be here...Besides the librarian, apparently," she added as her eyes drifted to where the girl once stood. Though now, it seemed the girl had been replaced with a large number of boxes, prompting a huff and shake of her head.

With that, she took it upon herself to lend the girl a shoulder, even if she had been annoyed by her attitude earlier, and began to help walk her to the medical bay.
Ophelia stepped forward, then paused to consider. Would her father be upset with her for showing up to Medical with other Storage volunteers? She wasn't good at lying at all...and even now she could tell how apprehensive she looked. "C-Can I stay and help, please?" An odd question, one she needed to justify fast. "Um...my father-Dr. Wong, the pharmacist-he'd get worried if he knew I was trying to work..." That was true, but it wouldn't be worry over her safety. It was worry that something, anything, could jeopardize his precious research.

@Verite
"You shouldn't be working if your father says not to," Melissa commented as she began to exit the storage with the librarian in tow.​

Soon.

Doctor Park nodded and smiled at Mika. "Nice to meet you, Mika Sikou. I'm Doctor Suyong Park, I'm going to try to help you." She said. "Now, can you list symptoms?"

To the comment on religion, Doctor Park didn't think much of it. She knew this was a cold, and not a spiritual issue. Though, she wasn't sure if the nightmares were because of some deep rooted issue. She was raised Presbyterian, so she had religion in her life. She just didn't really think about it except for prayers. "Right, Father Maish is here to help you with your nightmares. You can trust him."

After putting away the first aid kits, Nurse Goto would turn back just in time to see Daniel state what noise had been going on outside of the Med Bay. "Wh-What?" she questioned, anxiously cupping her hands against her chest as she moved to the door and peeked out to see what he was talking about. The young woman squeaked when she would see the crying girl, a worried expression appearing on her face. "O-Oh no! I wonder what's wrong with her?"

When Christa would pat the child on her back, she slowly started to sit up. She moved to lean her back against the wall and pulled her knees up to her chest, pressing her face into them before continuing to cry. Occasionally, she would reach down to rub her left ankle. "I-I think I broke my foot," she whimpered. "John is gonna be so mad..."

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @Krieg @Gummi Bunnies @york @MedicalBay
Doctor Park looked towards the child. "Don't worry, I'll get you all fixed up." She said. She looked towards Nurse Goto. "Can someone who knows how to set up the X-Ray? I'll get to her in a moment." She said, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

Christ, today was busy.

@york @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Kaykay

Status
Not open for further replies.