Illusion Game IV: The Day of Sagittarius III [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"L-Lying? Why would I ever do that, ma'am?"

Jin almost seemed to shrink under the woman's gaze, nervously biting his lip as his eyes widened in shock. Of course Mibu would show up and question him, telling him to focus on the job ahead, just like Jo would worry and fret over him. Of course, he would act like he had done nothing wrong in fronf of his superior, acting or even becoming nervous at her accusations before turning back to his work, trying to forget his boredom by enduring more mundane, monotonous work. All according to routine on this boring voyage through space.

He wasn't even sure if he could truly be nervous anymore, with how often he had faked the emotion. Everything was just routine at this point.

"Of course I'll focus on my work, ma'am! I came here to be an archaeologist, to explore the remains of past civilizations!"

Though there was the occasional variation, just enough to keep him sane. The sudden outburst was no longer false in its enthusiasm, now filled with actual wonder. While his eyes remained focused on the cargo they carried, there was a clear glint of excitement and curiosity in them as they noted the serial numbers of each package. As if his sight was far away from the storage room, he almost seemed to hum with joy as he spoke.

"The place we're going to... It's the unknown, the newest frontier of human expansion. How could I not be excited for that, ma'am?"

"What the...?"

Where had this stranger come from? Jin checked his records quickly, his eyes skimming for mentions of cyborgs or androids being a part of the cargo. Nothing in his notes mentioned them, meaning the girl probably wasn't one of those... So that left the other possibility.

"Wouldn't a stowaway actually hide from us?" The volunteer asked aloud to no one in particular before shaking his head, "Either way, Jo, you might want to call this one in. Four months of being hidden from sight is something the captain probably needs to know."

How lax was security around here?

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"If you're going to lie, you could at least do it convincingly."

Melissa Mibu, another of the archaeologists on the ship, had elected to assist in the sorting of inventory aboard the Sagittarius after completely ignoring the captain's ridiculous message of the day. Unlike the more cynical Jin, however, she had seemed to actually rather enjoy their voyage through the stars and unknown. She wore a slight frown as she rested her hands on her hips, looking him straight in the eyes as they were about the same height.

"I do hope that you do at least take our job seriously, Mr. Tajiri."

She seemed to completely ignore the fact that there were, in fact, two Mr. Tajiris here.

As she berated Jin, though, she noticed an unnaturally still girl standing around inside the room. Curious, she decided to approach the strange female.

"Excuse me. What exactly is your business here?"

@Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Storage​
Jo let out a short laugh at his brothers first remark, coupled with another sip of his coffee and a clearing of his throat. "Yeah, no, the floor people quota hasn't been met in awhile," he muttered sarcastically with a grin on his face. Jo tried his best to keep serious and dutiful when working, especially in the area of law enforcement, but sitting down for a laugh sometimes took priority. The short sentimental moments in between work, as cliché as it sounds, are what keep Jo going.

However, his brothers blatant lack of real excitement made him frown.

"Jeez, Jin, if you're gonna lie--"

His sentence would be quickly cut off by Melissa Mibu, which lead to Jo simply closing his eyes and sighing, allowing the snobbish scientist to translate the message...albeit, in a much meaner tone. As Jin stumbled and stuttered to try and counter the truthful claims of Melissa, Jo gave him a simple 'she's right' look and hand-motion.

Though, as Melissa spoke, Jo also mockingly mouthed her words to elicit a laugh out of his brother.

And then the security part came.

The quiet female would look up at Melissa when she approached. "Nothing," she answered, her voice monotonous and uninterested. She looked past Melissa, almost seeming as if she didn't care that anyone had spoken to her in the first place. Without explaining herself, she then walked over to one of the many crates of supplies and opened it, beginning to dig through its contents. Apparently the stow away wasn't the only one breaking rules. It didn't appear as if she had any authority to do this, but she didn't seem to care.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @The Tactician @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Storage
"Stowaway?"

The large man arched a brow and entered the Storage room, spotting an increasing crowd of turned heads towards an unfamiliar girl, who seems to be rummaging through supplies without any regard to anyone else. Being one of the only officers in the area, Jo would quickly assume his 'mean' work persona, placing his coffee on one of the crates and walking ahead, sliding past Mibu and raising a hand to his mouth.

"HEY! Nothing to see here, people, carry on!" he ordered, his loud voice reverberating throughout the wide open Storage room to every civilian present. Turning towards the lost girl, Jo slowly approached and leaned into his ship-bound radio device, quietly muttering "This is Officer Tajiri, possible stowaway situation in Storage, suspect is a young unidentified female, please respond."

Now looking at the girl in full, he made a slow approach and waved his had, trying to catch her attention somehow. "Excuse me, ma'am. You're not supposed to be...touching that. Could you tell me your name?" he tilted his head, attempting a much less aggressive approach then the woman whom had just tried to confront her.
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Storage

Daren made a habit out of always saying hello to everyone he met coming down the hallway. A happy crew was an effective crew after all. At the Social Center he didn't find any familiar faces outright, but that didn't stop him to continue saying hello to everyone.

He went to check the job request board for potential work. Medical...no that wasn't really his forte...storage area? Well anyone could pick up boxes! With a smile he made his way towards the storage area.

Soon enough Daren had made his way to the storage area. "Hello everyone." He beamed as he entered. "I'm so happy to see so many people helping out one another here. Speaking of which I'd gladly get my own hands dirty in some labor! In fact I'm reminded of Ephesian 4:28; doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need."

Ah yes the bible quotes...those came out at least once a day. "I slightly paraphrased it, because in the original it starts about stealing but that wasn't really important, much like me explaining it isn't really important so I guess I'll let my actions speak instead, yeah?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @The Tactician @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Storage
"Might want to keep that first part on your tongue, Father Maish, we've got a stowaway digging around... But thank you for the words and the help."

Jin wasn't sure what it was about the priest who seemed to have a Biblical quotation for every situation, but he couldn't help but smile whenever he showed up. Just something about his demeanor cheered the limping graduate up, even if he had heard several of the quotations before from being in similar situations working with Daren already. Maybe it was the fact that he could always be relied on to have a smile, even in boring times like these?
Jo let out a short laugh at his brothers first remark, coupled with another sip of his coffee and a clearing of his throat. "Yeah, no, the floor people quota hasn't been met in awhile," he muttered sarcastically with a grin on his face. Jo tried his best to keep serious and dutiful when working, especially in the area of law enforcement, but sitting down for a laugh sometimes took priority. The short sentimental moments in between work, as cliché as it sounds, are what keep Jo going.

His sentence would be quickly cut off by Melissa Mibu, which lead to Jo simply closing his eyes and sighing, allowing the snobbish scientist to translate the message...albeit, in a much meaner tone. As Jin stumbled and stuttered to try and counter the truthful claims of Melissa, Jo gave him a simple 'she's right' look and hand-motion.

Though, as Melissa spoke, Jo also mockingly mouthed her words to elicit a laugh out of his brother.

"Stowaway?"

The large man arched a brow and entered the Storage room, spotting an increasing crowd of turned heads towards an unfamiliar girl, who seems to be rummaging through supplies without any regard to anyone else. Being one of the only officers in the area, Jo would quickly assume his 'mean' work persona, placing his coffee on one of the crates and walking ahead, sliding past Mibu and raising a hand to his mouth.

"HEY! Nothing to see here, people, carry on!" he ordered, his loud voice reverberating throughout the wide open Storage room to every civilian present. Turning towards the lost girl, Jo slowly approached and leaned into his ship-bound radio device, quietly muttering "This is Officer Tajiri, possible stowaway situation in Storage, suspect is a young unidentified female, please respond."

Now looking at the girl in full, he made a slow approach and waved his had, trying to catch her attention somehow. "Excuse me, ma'am. You're not supposed to be...touching that. Could you tell me your name?" he tilted his head, attempting a much less aggressive approach then the woman whom had just tried to confront her.
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @The Tactician @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Storage

Seeing as Jo had the situation under control, Jin sighed and gave his brother a wave, glad to see him doing work that didn't involve siding with Mibu while also making jabs at her attitude, "Well, looks like you've got this under control, brother, so we'll get back to work. Hey, Father, you mind helping me open this crate?" The young man pointed to one of the few wooden crates that had been brought on board the ship, one that would need to be opened with a crowbar, "We might need to inspect the whole storage for anything that might be missing..."

The quiet female would look up at Melissa when she approached. "Nothing," she answered, her voice monotonous and uninterested. She looked past Melissa, almost seeming as if she didn't care that anyone had spoken to her in the first place. Without explaining herself, she then walked over to one of the many crates of supplies and opened it, beginning to dig through its contents. Apparently the stow away wasn't the only one breaking rules. It didn't appear as if she had any authority to do this, but she didn't seem to care.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @The Tactician @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Storage
"Excuse me! That is not an acceptable an...swer..." Melissa's voice trailed off as Jo spoke out loudly, completely drowning her out. Well, that was a security officer for you. Whatever, stowaways weren't her business to take care of. She could leave it to that Jo guy for now. Even if the girl kind of pissed her off.
"L-Lying? Why would I ever do that, ma'am?"

Jin almost seemed to shrink under the woman's gaze, nervously biting his lip as his eyes widened in shock. Of course Mibu would show up and question him, telling him to focus on the job ahead, just like Jo would worry and fret over him. Of course, he would act like he had done nothing wrong in fronf of his superior, acting or even becoming nervous at her accusations before turning back to his work, trying to forget his boredom by enduring more mundane, monotonous work. All according to routine on this boring voyage through space.

He wasn't even sure if he could truly be nervous anymore, with how often he had faked the emotion. Everything was just routine at this point.

"Of course I'll focus on my work, ma'am! I came here to be an archaeologist, to explore the remains of past civilizations!"

Though there was the occasional variation, just enough to keep him sane. The sudden outburst was no longer false in its enthusiasm, now filled with actual wonder. While his eyes remained focused on the cargo they carried, there was a clear glint of excitement and curiosity in them as they noted the serial numbers of each package. As if his sight was far away from the storage room, he almost seemed to hum with joy as he spoke.

"The place we're going to... It's the unknown, the newest frontier of human expansion. How could I not be excited for that, ma'am?"

Melissa only furrowed a brow and went back to sorting inventory as Jin's tone became more legitimate. She hated that. Sometimes it was obvious when he was being fake, but when he actually tried, it was impossible for her to actually tell one way or the other. Or maybe that just meant he was actually being emotive? It gave her a headache just thinking about it.

"Lying to your brother is one thing, but if you are lying to me Mr. Tajiri, I suggest you stop. There is place only for those truly interested in exploring the great unknown. A completely foreign, alien planet. Do I make myself clear?"

Unable to tell, she simply decided to address both cases. She did ever so hate to be wrong. Fortunately for Jo, though, Melissa seemed to miss his mouthed mockery.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Storage

Daren made a habit out of always saying hello to everyone he met coming down the hallway. A happy crew was an effective crew after all. At the Social Center he didn't find any familiar faces outright, but that didn't stop him to continue saying hello to everyone.

He went to check the job request board for potential work. Medical...no that wasn't really his forte...storage area? Well anyone could pick up boxes! With a smile he made his way towards the storage area.

Soon enough Daren had made his way to the storage area. "Hello everyone." He beamed as he entered. "I'm so happy to see so many people helping out one another here. Speaking of which I'd gladly get my own hands dirty in some labor! In fact I'm reminded of Ephesian 4:28; doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need."

Ah yes the bible quotes...those came out at least once a day. "I slightly paraphrased it, because in the original it starts about stealing but that wasn't really important, much like me explaining it isn't really important so I guess I'll let my actions speak instead, yeah?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @The Tactician @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Storage

Poor flustered Yuko let out a massive sigh of relief when Dr. Park. "R-Really? You're not mad?" The girl sighed again, before glancing down at the first-aid kits in her arms. "I'm glad. Ummm, since you're not busy can you tell me where these go? I found them lying out. I think the nurse on duty last night forgot to put them away..." The poor dear had been there for four months had she still didn't remember where things went.

She turned to Christa afterwards, offering the young woman a sweet smile. "Would you really? That would be a big help. Thank you," she said, offering a few of the first-aid kits to her. Before she could hand them over, however, the girl would find herself spooked by a scream outside of the medial bay. Yuko flinched and gasped in response, causing herself to yet again spill the objects onto the floor. "Wh-What was that!?"

@Minerva @Krieg @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @MedicalBay

"Stowaway?"

Ophelia didn't pay too much attention to the newcomers, her focus instead on the stowaway girl shuffling through boxes. That could get her in trouble...Taking a hesistant step forward, Ophelia planned to try and talk to her. "Hey, uh..."

And then Jo yelled.

Ophelia screeched, only a second long before she realized what she was doing and clamped both hands over her mouth, turning away and looking down. Crap, that was embarrassing... In an attempt to regain some dignity, Ophelia walked off to examine some of the crates. Next time she'd find a job with quieter people. Her heart couldn't take this.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @The Tactician @Jeremi @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Storage

-----------

The scream outside startled Daniel, who almost dropped his penicillium samples-he didn't, thank goodness, but it was close! "Grrr...now what?!" Everyone on this damned ship was getting on his nerves! Stepping outside, Daniel started to hunt down the source of those damned screams, muttering angrily to himself as he did so.

@Minerva @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yatagarasu @Krieg

"Might want to keep that first part on your tongue, Father Maish, we've got a stowaway digging around... But thank you for the words and the help."

Jin wasn't sure what it was about the priest who seemed to have a Biblical quotation for every situation, but he couldn't help but smile whenever he showed up. Just something about his demeanor cheered the limping graduate up, even if he had heard several of the quotations before from being in similar situations working with Daren already. Maybe it was the fact that he could always be relied on to have a smile, even in boring times like these?

Seeing as Jo had the situation under control, Jin sighed and gave his brother a wave, glad to see him doing work that didn't involve siding with Mibu while also making jabs at her attitude, "Well, looks like you've got this under control, brother, so we'll get back to work. Hey, Father, you mind helping me open this crate?" The young man pointed to one of the few wooden crates that had been brought on board the ship, one that would need to be opened with a crowbar, "We might need to inspect the whole storage for anything that might be missing..."

"Please Jin I've told you so many times it's just Daren. Wait stowaway? For four months? I don't think th..." He'd look over to the stowaway and then back to Jin. If Jo had this covered then he probably had this covered. "If you need to talk just ask for Daren Maish. My door's always open." He said to the girl before turning his full attention back on Jin. "Uh, yeah sure. Just tell me what I need to hold and I'll...hold it."

"Hey, hey, HEY! What's with all the commotion? What's going on down here?" An annoyed voice would suddenly call out from deeper within the Storage area, intending to get the attention of everyone around.

With that, two figures would come jogging into the area, identified as Crew Members Shiraishi and Matsumoto, the former of the two having been the one who yelled and bore an irritated expression on his face, while Matsumoto had a more curious look. As the two of them would get a look at the situation, Shiraishi's irritation only seemed to increase, as did Matsumoto's curiosity.

"Uh... Why are so many people here?"

4435600680b0467c8288a54d7986b2f6.png

"Doesn't matter. Now, what's all this talk of a stowaway? You're not thinking Librarian Chihara there is a stowaway, are you?" Shiraishi inquired, balling his hands and placing them on his hips as he'd look at those around, most notably Jo, before clearing his throat and giving the petite girl a slightly gentler look, "Are you alright, Minori? Jeez... They're right about one thing at least; this isn't a place for you, y'know."

"Whoa there. Impressive tone change."

"What? I'm not gonna yell at an A-minus girl."

"I bet you'd be willing to yell at the Captain if you weren't too scared of her. What did you give her again... An A-plus?"

"... She's different."

"Fair point," Matsumoto would say, before clearing his throat and offering a smile to the group when his attention would be diverted back to them.

017df83174b44cf29aac9eb41c2c94dc.png

"Anyway... Sorry about that. Shiraishi can be really... protective over cute girls. At least, those that he gives any sort of A-ranking," Matsumoto said in a friendly manner, letting out a small laugh at his own jab, "In any case, I guess you haven't been around the area, then you wouldn't know, but that's no stowaway. It's just Miss Minori Chihara, the resident librarian. She doesn't really say much, but ah... I guess she has a habit of wandering about sometimes, and..."

Matsumoto looked over.

"... Trying to take things? Never pegged her for a kleptomaniac."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Jeremi @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Storage

"Harsh," Daisuke commented with a small chuckle when John would give his opinions and Miss Suzumiya's sense. "But I have to disagree with you. If she were completely senseless, I doubt she would've picked someone like you to aide her. There were plenty of other people she could've chosen." He paused, a teasing smile crossing his lips. "Or perhaps she chose you for other reasons. The two of you wouldn't happen to be close, would you?"

"I'm only kidding."

Or was he?

"She's chosen more sensible people than just yourself. After all, we do have Lieutenant Cho and," he paused to place a hand lightly on his own chest. "Myself, of course."

After teasing John for a spell, Daisuke turned to address their guest again. "You'd like to work on the ship, huh? Well, you could always do one of the job requests found in the Social Center. Or are you looking for a more permanent position? If so, you've come to the right place. You're welcome to speak with Mr. Smith, Mr. Cho, and myself about about what kind of work you're looking for."

"EHEM!"

"O-Oh, and the Captain. You can always talk to the Captain too."

@Verite @Nater Taters @CommandStation
Derek nodded and looked around. He shifted the guitar on his back."Um well...I guess you could say I'm a freelance musician looking for work. I used to be in a band...but I left due to...creative differences. I play guitar...but I can l also piano and a few other instruments. I've been told my singing voice isn't to shabby either." He said, speaking mostly to Daisuke.

"Excuse me! That is not an acceptable an...swer..." Melissa's voice trailed off as Jo spoke out loudly, completely drowning her out. Well, that was a security officer for you. Whatever, stowaways weren't her business to take care of. She could leave it to that Jo guy for now. Even if the girl kind of pissed her off.

Melissa only furrowed a brow and went back to sorting inventory as Jin's tone became more legitimate. She hated that. Sometimes it was obvious when he was being fake, but when he actually tried, it was impossible for her to actually tell one way or the other. Or maybe that just meant he was actually being emotive? It gave her a headache just thinking about it.

"Lying to your brother is one thing, but if you are lying to me Mr. Tajiri, I suggest you stop. There is place only for those truly interested in exploring the great unknown. A completely foreign, alien planet. Do I make myself clear?"

Unable to tell, she simply decided to address both cases. She did ever so hate to be wrong. Fortunately for Jo, though, Melissa seemed to miss his mouthed mockery.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Storage
"Oh, you make yourself very clear, ma'am. If you really think that I'm not interested in what lies out there, beyond the wildest dreams of our home, then perhaps you ought to wonder if anyone is," Jin responded, that smile still as honest as ever though now with a twitch of something sour in it. Perhaps it was an unspoken bitterness aimed at Mibu for her interrogation of his motives? Whatever it was, its twitch was gone in a moment as the young man continued to speak as he searched for a crowbar to open the crate with.

"I just want to see what lies out there for us to witness, ma'am, to see history itself unfolding before my eyes. What we'll find out there might change our understanding of our own species along with the civilization that left it behind, and I wouldn't miss that revelation for the world. Not when we perhaps have the entire galaxy at our command now that we can travel so far in such a relatively short span of time."

In simple words, he was there for adventure and the thrill of it.
"Please Jin I've told you so many times it's just Daren. Wait stowaway? For four months? I don't think th..." He'd look over to the stowaway and then back to Jin. If Jo had this covered then he probably had this covered. "If you need to talk just ask for Daren Maish. My door's always open." He said to the girl before turning his full attention back on Jin. "Uh, yeah sure. Just tell me what I need to hold and I'll...hold it."

"Hey, hey, HEY! What's with all the commotion? What's going on down here?" An annoyed voice would suddenly call out from deeper within the Storage area, intending to get the attention of everyone around.

With that, two figures would come jogging into the area, identified as Crew Members Shiraishi and Matsumoto, the former of the two having been the one who yelled and bore an irritated expression on his face, while Matsumoto had a more curious look. As the two of them would get a look at the situation, Shiraishi's irritation only seemed to increase, as did Matsumoto's curiosity.

"Doesn't matter. Now, what's all this talk of a stowaway? You're not thinking Librarian Chihara there is a stowaway, are you?" Shiraishi inquired, balling his hands and placing them on his hips as he'd look at those around, most notably Jo, before clearing his throat and giving the petite girl a slightly gentler look, "Are you alright, Minori? Jeez... They're right about one thing at least; this isn't a place for you, y'know."

"I bet you'd be willing to yell at the Captain if you weren't too scared of her. What did you give her again... An A-plus?"

"... She's different."

"Fair point," Matsumoto would say, before clearing his throat and offering a smile to the group when his attention would be diverted back to them.

"Anyway... Sorry about that. Shiraishi can be really... protective over cute girls. At least, those that he gives any sort of A-ranking," Matsumoto said in a friendly manner, letting out a small laugh at his own jab, "In any case, I guess you haven't been around the area, then you wouldn't know, but that's no stowaway. It's just Miss Minori Chihara, the resident librarian. She doesn't really say much, but ah... I guess she has a habit of wandering about sometimes, and..."

Matsumoto looked over.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Jeremi @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Storage
"She's the librarian? Strange, I've never seen her around before..."

Well, that was certainly a buzzkill in terms of brightening up the day with excitement. How the hell didn't Jin recognize her? He had been in the library nearly every day in the first three months, reading as much of the contents that interested him as possible to pass the time. "Well, I guess we don't need to open the crate then..." He seemed to deflate with a sigh as he put back the crowbar he had just found.

"Looks like we're not needed around here anymore, since I had just gotten to the end of my inspection. Thanks for the help again, Father Maish, but we should be good for now," Jin explained while checking over his notes and sheets again, not paying any mind to the priest's continued insistence on first names. With a final nod, he looked to the others and shrugged, "Unless someone forgot something or needs some help with anything."

If God was listening because of Daren being here, Jin could only hope the weirdo who ranked girls didn't need help.

Ophelia didn't pay too much attention to the newcomers, her focus instead on the stowaway girl shuffling through boxes. That could get her in trouble...Taking a hesistant step forward, Ophelia planned to try and talk to her. "Hey, uh..."

And then Jo yelled.

Ophelia screeched, only a second long before she realized what she was doing and clamped both hands over her mouth, turning away and looking down. Crap, that was embarrassing... In an attempt to regain some dignity, Ophelia walked off to examine some of the crates. Next time she'd find a job with quieter people. Her heart couldn't take this.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @The Tactician @Jeremi @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Storage

-----------

The scream outside startled Daniel, who almost dropped his penicillium samples-he didn't, thank goodness, but it was close! "Grrr...now what?!" Everyone on this damned ship was getting on his nerves! Stepping outside, Daniel started to hunt down the source of those damned screams, muttering angrily to himself as he did so.

@Minerva @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yatagarasu @Krieg

"... She's different."

Matsumoto looked over.

Elias arrived at the Storage Room to find it bustling with activity. It was clear that he wasn't the only one who choose to volunteer there. He stood in the doorway for a few moments, scanning the room. The first thing to catch his eye was the same young woman he encountered in the Social Center, Ophelia. He also noticed some commotion about a supposed stowaway, but chose not to get involved.

Just then, he heard Jo yell, and was startled when Ophelia reacted with a scream. Looking back over at the obviously flustered girl, Elias chuckled to himself. He quickly averted his gaze so as to not embarrass her any more than she already was. He began to walk towards the two storage workers but stopped dead in his tracks when Shiraishi called out to the group gathered around the so-called "stowaway," who he now realized was one of the few passengers on the ship he was familiar with, the librarian. He stood back for a few moments, waiting for a pause in the conversation, and then straightened his posture and approached them.

"I've come to volunteer. How can I help?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @Verite @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Jeremi @Storage Room

Poor flustered Yuko let out a massive sigh of relief when Dr. Park. "R-Really? You're not mad?" The girl sighed again, before glancing down at the first-aid kits in her arms. "I'm glad. Ummm, since you're not busy can you tell me where these go? I found them lying out. I think the nurse on duty last night forgot to put them away..." The poor dear had been there for four months had she still didn't remember where things went.

She turned to Christa afterwards, offering the young woman a sweet smile. "Would you really? That would be a big help. Thank you," she said, offering a few of the first-aid kits to her. Before she could hand them over, however, the girl would find herself spooked by a scream outside of the medial bay. Yuko flinched and gasped in response, causing herself to yet again spill the objects onto the floor. "Wh-What was that!?"

@Minerva @Krieg @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @MedicalBay

Suyong grabbed her pager. She would have to ask Daren about Mika and her nightmares. She quickly tapped something into her pager alerting him that his presence was needed in the Med Bay. She rubbed her forehead and looked at Nurse Goto. "I'll let them know." She said. "And they go over in the storage cabinet. The white one with the Red Cross on it."

@Krieg @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu

"Oh, you make yourself very clear, ma'am. If you really think that I'm not interested in what lies out there, beyond the wildest dreams of our home, then perhaps you ought to wonder if anyone is," Jin responded, that smile still as honest as ever though now with a twitch of something sour in it. Perhaps it was an unspoken bitterness aimed at Mibu for her interrogation of his motives? Whatever it was, its twitch was gone in a moment as the young man continued to speak as he searched for a crowbar to open the crate with.

"I just want to see what lies out there for us to witness, ma'am, to see history itself unfolding before my eyes. What we'll find out there might change our understanding of our own species along with the civilization that left it behind, and I wouldn't miss that revelation for the world. Not when we perhaps have the entire galaxy at our command now that we can travel so far in such a relatively short span of time."

Well, that was certainly a buzzkill in terms of brightening up the day with excitement. How the hell didn't Jin recognize her? He had been in the library nearly every day in the first three months, reading as much of the contents that interested him as possible to pass the time. "Well, I guess we don't need to open the crate then..." He seemed to deflate with a sigh as he put back the crowbar he had just found.

"Looks like we're not needed around here anymore, since I had just gotten to the end of my inspection. Thanks for the help again, Father Maish, but we should be good for now," Jin explained while checking over his notes and sheets again, not paying any mind to the priest's continued insistence on first names. With a final nod, he looked to the others and shrugged, "Unless someone forgot something or needs some help with anything."

If God was listening because of Daren being here, Jin could only hope the weirdo who ranked girls didn't need help.

"Please, it's Daren." He repeated with a chuckle. "I feel like you're doing it on purpose now."

Suyong grabbed her pager. She would have to ask Daren about Mika and her nightmares. She quickly tapped something into her pager alerting him that his presence was needed in the Med Bay. She rubbed her forehead and looked at Nurse Goto. "I'll let them know." She said. "And they go over in the storage cabinet. The white one with the Red Cross on it."

@Krieg @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu

With his pager beeping Daren would take it out of his pocket and give it a look. "Seems like I'm needed in the Med Bay. All of you have a blessed day." He replied before with hasty steps Daren headed towards the Med Bay.

"Hello, what seems to be the problem?" He stepped into the Med Bay and gave the people there an awkward wave. "You...wanted to see me?"

@Krieg @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @Minerva

"Please, it's Daren." He repeated with a chuckle. "I feel like you're doing it on purpose now."

With his pager beeping Daren would take it out of his pocket and give it a look. "Seems like I'm needed in the Med Bay. All of you have a blessed day." He replied before with hasty steps Daren headed towards the Med Bay.

"Hello, what seems to be the problem?" He stepped into the Med Bay and gave the people there an awkward wave. "You...wanted to see me?"

@Krieg @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @Minerva
Medical Director Park nodded and pointed to Mika. "She says she's been having nightmares. That's something I can't treat. Do you think you can help?"

"... She's different."

Matsumoto looked over.

As Jo stared at the small woman, expecting an answer but keeping a calm posture, his attention was turned away as Shiraishi and Matsumoto arrived. Jo usually isn't the best at explaining situations in a brief way, contrasting from his fellow officer, Alec Boulton. However, something like that never stopped Jo from getting the job done, so he adjusted himself and began to explain.

"It's not a huge problem, sir. See, I just identified a possible stowawa--"

"...Librarian?"

Oh, that was embarrassing.

Jo, despite being a massive manly man with a physique forged from platinum, coughed and looked like an embarrassed Japanese schoolgirl. His 'case' was quickly and utterly shot down because of his own lack of attention to the crew manifest, and he achieved a new height of asshole-ness by completely forgetting the existence of another person on this ship, despite being around for four months.

Jo bowed his head and nodded.

"My apologies, sirs, I wasn't aware that she was a crewmember. But, the security department would be pleased if she wouldn't tamper with unauthorized equipment within the Storage area."

He coughed again and looked at Jin with a pained expression, before looking back at Shiraishi and Matsumoto.

"Right! Uh...that'll be all, ahem, I'll...go now, yeah, yup!"

And so, Jo would quietly nod to everyone else and slowly leave the room in a shadow of embarrassment.

He left his coffee.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Jeremi @The Tactician @Verite @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Storage​

"... She's different."

Matsumoto looked over.

Even with an introduction, Melissa wasn't familiar with the girl at all. Though she was an avid reader, she was also very picky, only reading from the materials she'd brought on-board herself. Therefore, she'd had no reason to and hadn't gone to the library in the past few months. ...Well, she'd probably gone at least a few times, but not enough for her to even remember the face of the librarian. She didn't seem like the type that stood out though, even if she had been a frequenter of the library.

"Tell her to stay in the library, then."

Jin's bitterness seemed to actually lighten Melissa's expression, breaking her frown into a neutral expression. Or, perhaps, even a slight smile if one looked carefully. It wasn't that she took pleasure from making him bitter or upset, or anything like that. But the fact he'd gotten upset over her accusations made her believe in him more than just his normal, honest smile.

"We all do, don't we? It seems like these months just can't pass fast enough."

She sighed as she continued to absent-mindedly sort the food and medicine. Until they arrived on the planet, there was little for her to do. She was similar to Jin in that regard, she felt.

"Our journey is revolutionary for mankind, the first of its kind. We ride to the unknown, through the unknown, to make it all known. It's a trip to savor." She sounded as though she was trying to convince herself about that last bit as she was anyone else.

Elias arrived at the Storage Room to find it bustling with activity. It was clear that he wasn't the only one who choose to volunteer there. He stood in the doorway for a few moments, scanning the room. The first thing to catch his eye was the same young woman he encountered in the Social Center, Ophelia. He also noticed some commotion about a supposed stowaway, but chose not to get involved.

Just then, he heard Jo yell, and was startled when Ophelia reacted with a scream. Looking back over at the obviously flustered girl, Elias chuckled to himself. He quickly averted his gaze so as to not embarrass her any more than she already was. He began to walk towards the two storage workers but stopped dead in his tracks when Shiraishi called out to the group gathered around the so-called "stowaway," who he now realized was one of the few passengers on the ship he was familiar with, the librarian. He stood back for a few moments, waiting for a pause in the conversation, and then straightened his posture and approached them.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @Verite @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Jeremi @Storage Room
Noticing one of the interns for the archaeologist group, Melissa Mibu passed Elias one of the boxes of food. "This one contains meat, Mr. Klein. Please place it over there," she pointed towards an area with boxes, which presumably also contained meat.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Yun Lee @The Tactician @LuckycoolHawk9 @Bomb

"Harsh," Daisuke commented with a small chuckle when John would give his opinions and Miss Suzumiya's sense. "But I have to disagree with you. If she were completely senseless, I doubt she would've picked someone like you to aide her. There were plenty of other people she could've chosen." He paused, a teasing smile crossing his lips. "Or perhaps she chose you for other reasons. The two of you wouldn't happen to be close, would you?"

"I'm only kidding."

Or was he?

"She's chosen more sensible people than just yourself. After all, we do have Lieutenant Cho and," he paused to place a hand lightly on his own chest. "Myself, of course."

After teasing John for a spell, Daisuke turned to address their guest again. "You'd like to work on the ship, huh? Well, you could always do one of the job requests found in the Social Center. Or are you looking for a more permanent position? If so, you've come to the right place. You're welcome to speak with Mr. Smith, Mr. Cho, and myself about about what kind of work you're looking for."

"EHEM!"

"O-Oh, and the Captain. You can always talk to the Captain too."

@Verite @Nater Taters @CommandStation
Derek nodded and looked around. He shifted the guitar on his back."Um well...I guess you could say I'm a freelance musician looking for work. I used to be in a band...but I left due to...creative differences. I play guitar...but I can l also piano and a few other instruments. I've been told my singing voice isn't to shabby either." He said, speaking mostly to Daisuke.
"Flattery will get you nowhere. In fact, if you keep it up, it'll end up with you going backwards," John would say in mild annoyance in response to Daisuke's initial compliments, though his expression quickly shifted a little in discomfort when the comment would be made regarding his relationship with the Captain. He sighed a breath of relief when Daisuke would clarify that he was merely joking... but he really had to wonder sometimes.

John would proceed to keep silent when Derek would begin talking again, listing his... skills. He pursed his lips, wondering how those would be able to be used on a ship. But then... Know what? If Daisuke fancied himself as competent as the best (rather than the rest), then John would let him demonstrate that. Let him see how he liked grunt work!

And not because John himself was too lazy to get to it at the moment.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Command Station

As Jo stared at the small woman, expecting an answer but keeping a calm posture, his attention was turned away as Shiraishi and Matsumoto arrived. Jo usually isn't the best at explaining situations in a brief way, contrasting from his fellow officer, Alec Boulton. However, something like that never stopped Jo from getting the job done, so he adjusted himself and began to explain.

"...Librarian?"

Jo, despite being a massive manly man with a physique forged from platinum, coughed and looked like an embarrassed Japanese schoolgirl. His 'case' was quickly and utterly shot down because of his own lack of attention to the crew manifest, and he achieved a new height of asshole-ness by completely forgetting the existence of another person on this ship, despite being around for four months.

"My apologies, sirs, I wasn't aware that she was a crewmember. But, the security department would be pleased if she wouldn't tamper with unauthorized equipment within the Storage area."

He coughed again and looked at Jin with a pained expression, before looking back at Shiraishi and Matsumoto.

And so, Jo would quietly nod to everyone else and slowly leave the room in a shadow of embarrassment.

He left his coffee.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Jeremi @The Tactician @Verite @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Storage​
Even with an introduction, Melissa wasn't familiar with the girl at all. Though she was an avid reader, she was also very picky, only reading from the materials she'd brought on-board herself. Therefore, she'd had no reason to and hadn't gone to the library in the past few months. ...Well, she'd probably gone at least a few times, but not enough for her to even remember the face of the librarian. She didn't seem like the type that stood out though, even if she had been a frequenter of the library.

Jin's bitterness seemed to actually lighten Melissa's expression, breaking her frown into a neutral expression. Or, perhaps, even a slight smile if one looked carefully. It wasn't that she took pleasure from making him bitter or upset, or anything like that. But the fact he'd gotten upset over her accusations made her believe in him more than just his normal, honest smile.

"We all do, don't we? It seems like these months just can't pass fast enough."

She sighed as she continued to absent-mindedly sort the food and medicine. Until they arrived on the planet, there was little for her to do. She was similar to Jin in that regard, she felt.

"Our journey is revolutionary for mankind, the first of its kind. We ride to the unknown, through the unknown, to make it all known. It's a trip to savor." She sounded as though she was trying to convince herself about that last bit as she was anyone else.

Noticing one of the interns for the archaeologist group, Melissa Mibu passed Elias one of the boxes of food. "This one contains meat, Mr. Klein. Please place it over there," she pointed towards an area with boxes, which presumably also contained meat.

"That's why I signed-up for th- Dammit, he did it again..."

A crossed expression ruined the smile Jin had as he noticed his brother's cup of coffee sitting there, unattended to. Setting down one of the lighter boxes he had chosen to carry, he walked over to the beverage and eyed it warily, wondering if he should go ahead and try to correct his brother's mistake. Well, it's not like our mother is here to keep him straight anymore...

"Miss Mibu, I'll be back in a minute. Jo shouldn't go out without his cup of coffee. We'll continue our talk later."

He spoke loud enough for everyone to hear and left without waiting for a response, letting them get the message that he was in a hurry to get this particular duty over with. Hopefully, they would take the hint and give Jo a good ribbing over the topic so that Jin wouldn't have to do this again.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Yun Lee @The Tactician @LuckycoolHawk9 @Bomb @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Raven Summersnow Slowmercury | 8 - Cafeteria
Princess Emily Cutt | 8 - Cafeteria

"Apologies Princess, but all must be equal when it comes to the world of games, no matter the social standing or former social standing. In other words, your knight is not allowed to move like a queen. I know I don't."

"Pleeaase~."

"No, Princess, that overrides my prior orders and cannot be performed."

"Alright... fine, rules are rules..."

"Checkmate."

Raven and Emily played a game of chess due to their boredom. A portable table of pair of chairs were arranged at the entrance for this little game.

"It's no fair! You're always winning, Raven!"

"I beg to differ. I think you're getting better with each round, even though I took the careful step of not trying to come off as too predictable. Let us try something you ace at for a change, Princess. That being said, I never did have a chance to discover what it was during our time in the castle. Today is as good as any day to discover."

Princess Emily Cutt felt a little frightened by those words as her face was smacked on the table.

"I... see... want to play another round of chess?"

@Fillerpost to signify that I am in the Cafeteria

@PeoplePresentIntheSTORAGEwhomightarrive

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Jeremi @The Tactician @Verite @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @penguin055 @Storage

Last edited:
QNELJWg.png

Those headed for the Social Center would find themselves arriving at the ship's central gathering hub. Many, many people stood around chatting, while some appeared to be gazing at the job request boards. Anyone interested in taking on jobs could walk up to one of the various computer screens and see what was available.

Storage Assistance: Our inventory managers are looking for help with sorting some of the food and medicine kept aboard the ship. Any help would be appreciated!

Medical Bay Assistance: P-Please help! I just need an extra pair of hands to help out with some work! No medical knowledge needed!

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @SocialCenter

Anna Amherst
@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Others?

Though it had been around 121 days on the ship already... Anna still felt a little alienated from the others around her, but she could hardly blame those around her for this. It was perhaps... A force of habbit more than anything; there was rarely a place she felt like she completely belonged, and well, alot of the time, she felt like she just couldn't ever catch a break from the constant moving around. This probably wasn't helped by her family often pressuring her (more like guilt tripping her) into performing various tasks, often resulting in her traveling alot.

However, ever since she had been helping her Cousin out, that feeling has slowly begun to fade away, granted she still had her fair share of places to go... With the responsibilities that came with taking care of her cousin, came the need to hang around her often, which meant that her family couldn't pressure her into doing much else, considering how much time out of her day this often takes.

Since this was far from the first time she had heard the ship Captain speak, she was only half listening, but all the same... Anna caught the most important details; they had another day of leisure. As she was pondering where to go from here, she felt a sudden squeeze on her hand, coming from Lauren, her Cousin, asking if they should try volunteering again. She paused, taking a moment to think; the ship Captain did say that some of them needed to get to work, otherwise they'd all be punished.

She gulped a little; whatever punishment awaited them if no-one volunteered at all couldn't be good... And, she figured a surefire way they could avoid that was to volunteer herself, with... Her Cousin of course, even if, deep down, she wasn't so confident this time around, given what happened last time.

Nevertheless, she put on a brave face, trying to smile courageously as she finally spoke.

"Oh! Um... Sure! Second time's the charm, right?" She said, trying to sound as confident as possible.

Wait a minute, that phrase didn't feel right... It was... Third time's the charm, not the second time... Anna winced a little upon realizing this, fortunately Lauren wouldn't be able to pick up on this, or at least that's what Anna hoped.

In either case though, she was ready to lead the way to the Social Center as soon as her Cousin was good to go... I mean, what's the worst that could happen?​
Stepping into the Social Center, Lauren felt the two of them come to a stop, which gave her the indication that they were standing nearby the volunteer notice that was mentioned in the announcement intercom. She wasn't sure if they had implemented the text-to-speech capabilities of the notices on those computers, or that there was an alternative of Braille for her to use in order to read out the volunteer notices. However, she figured that she'll try and figure out if that was the case, reaching out and running her fingers on the computer screen trying to feel the bumps of Braille reading.

"Huh... I don't feel anything here... maybe they haven't gotten the reading alternatives here... yet... u-um, Anna, can you read out on what's available for... volunteering this time around? I don't really... know what's there..."

It was frustrating at times when it came to being unable to do things because of her lack of sight, but sometimes it felt great to do things without that crucial sense to have in life. Thankfully she had a few people that she knew that would give her the helping hand whenever she couldn't do something on her own... but she didn't want to depend on people so much when she could try her hand at it first.

Lauren saw her lack of sight as a challenge for herself, to see on what she could do without it and what her true limits were when it came to certain tasks. At least with this, Lauren wasn't alone when figuring herself out...

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Social Center​

3ab4786db121b2953db0f6164a4d0411.png

"..."

Continuing to riffle through the contents of the box, the girl, Minori, ignored the large man who would demand to know her name. She brushed him off just like she had Melissa, as if he were no concern at all. Thankfully, the man ended up leaving without noticing her somewhat rude behavior. Ignoring the comments of the inventory managers, along with all others, the girl kept up her antics--eventually tossing aside the box she had been looking through and moving on to another.

The new box she tried to grasp happened to be on top of a rather large stack of boxes. Stretching her short arm as far as she could, the girl could do little more than touch the edge of it. Her touch, however, was more than enough to cause the box to tip before entirely collapsing right on top of her. If anyone would turn to look, they would wouldn't even see Minori. She had been entirely buried by the boxes.

7208c4fcdf68ef7c7a9317e049e635f5.png

"R-Right!" Yuko exclaimed in reply to the doctor, scrambling to pick up the first-aid kits and try to return them to where they belonged. Meanwhile, when Daniel peeked outside of the Medical Bay he would see that the source of the scream appeared to be a girl. She looked young, no older than twelve, and was lying on the floor crying.

0a8c18d19890810afe288e9d5e524255.png

"I-It hurts," she whimpered. "Johhhhnnn, help me!"

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @Krieg @MedicalBay

"...Librarian?"

He left his coffee.

- - -​

Matsumoto pursed his lips when Jo would seem to start to take off in embarrassment, and it seemed that with the misunderstanding cleared up, some began to leave, including Daren and Jin. Well, they were all busy people after all, being counselor and security respectively. He took a breath to himself, before finding himself rubbing the back of his neck and nodding at Melissa's words, giving an apologetic bow, even though when he thought about it, he didn't even really do anything wrong... Right?

"S-Sorry, Miss Mibu! I'll... make sure she doesn't wander about again," he exclaimed without even thinking. Despite the fact that he technically held seniority on the ship due to being a part of it for nearly as long as the Captain, First Mate, and others, one had to wonder how much that counted for when his job included mainly being stuck down in the Storage area, though he'd rather not answer what his rank technically was.

Shiraishii meanwhile only gave a judgmental look over at his companion.

"And I'm the transparent one, huh?"

"I... don't know what you're talking about," Matsumoto grunted, pulling his head back up.

"No no, I get it, Miss Mibu's... definitely at least an A-minus too. Can't say you have bad taste, if your interest in Consultant Matsuoka is anything to--"

"Anyway...!" Matsumoto would pipe up to interrupt Shiraishii before he could say any more, hoping that the subject would be moved on from there. And as his luck would have it, it indeed would.

"H-Hey, be careful with those boxes, we need to properly transport those and--" He'd exclaim when Mibu would pass a box over to Klein.

"Well, hey, if people wanna help, then let 'em," Shiraishii said, crossing his arms, "If people were here in the first place, then they must want a job, right?" He inquired, before facing everyone who stuck around, "You all... are here to do volunteer work, right?"

@Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @penguin055 @Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.