Illusion Game IV: The Day of Sagittarius III [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"E-eh, no worries, sir," came Caldwell's response to Jo's apology. "Entirely on me. I can be a bit of a-- Unnf!" Welp. He didn't get to say much, considering how quickly he was yanked back to his feet by the much beefier security guard standing a few inches taller than him. Funny how despite their fairly small height difference, Caldwell was a complete twig whereas Jo was.... Well, Jo. Even without his glasses, it was easy to tell how ripped the guy was, and he momentarily awed at the man's mass of muscle. But then he regained focus, blinking a few times before realizing he was being spoken to again and offered his glasses back.

A small half-laugh slipped past his lips as he nodded in thanks, carefully accepting the object back and slipping it back on. "I'm great, thanks for asking. I'm sturdy enough," he assured. He caught himself about to jokingly flex, but quickly stopped mid-movement upon recalling how muscular the guy before him was.

...Awkward.

Clearing his throat, the redhead managed to quickly bounce back. "Er, sorry for running into you, in any case, mister....-" Shit. He didn't know this guy's name. As he half-fumbled and half-waited for the other male to offer his name, he found himself saved by... some other guy he didn't really know! "Jo! Yes. I am most certainly very sorry, I can be a bit... clumsy." Smooth. Perfect save right there. He totally knew what he was saying the whole time. "I, uhh, I suppose I ought to be out of your way now, then, Jo." Right. Smile remaining, he offered a nod to Jin as well. "Mister..."

...Shit. He did it again.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Storage​
For a moment, Jin almost seemed to freeze up as the man nodded to him. He hadn't expected to be asked any sorts of question by the man, just a gruff response of some kind before moving on. Almost like a deer in the headlights, the young man seemed almost scared of the stranger before returning the nod, "Oh, uh, nice to meet you. I'm Jin Tajiri."
Jo arched a brow as he watched Caldwell fumble and trip to try and formulate words to respond to him.

"No problem, sir. Just try and keep yourself aware when walking through the hallways during 'prime time'."

It was indeed noticeable that this fellow wasn't too fit, but Jo didn't like focusing on that too much. Anyone is capable of achieving success in this world, no matter what size or shape they have-- as long as they apply themselves. That philosophy is what Jo tried to pass down to his less-than-physically-impressive brother, whom quickly found his own path to success.

Speaking of his brother, Jo quickly turned his head and smiled as Jin appeared.

"Oh, Jin! Hell, I was looking for you," he said, with a friendly grin as he walked over and gave his little brother a pat on the shoulder."For your information, brother, I am on duty-- investigating people when they're on the ground is apart of my job description. Was just a little accident, nothing exciting."

Upon that statement, he spotted the same expression his brother always had. He frowned slightly, moving back to grab his coffee and wave Caldwell off to wherever he was going. Taking a manly, concerned sip from his steaming cuppa joe, he eyed Jin up and down.

All the same signs.

"...Still bored, huh? It's day number...what, number 120-something? Not a single day aboard this ship spark your interest yet?"

@Hospes @The Tactician @whoever​
"If you're on duty, why are you looking for me? Shouldn't you be investigating more guys on the ground, Jo?" Jin countered with a jab and a smile, waving off the rather forceful pat on the shoulder while also noting what his brother had said. Nothing exciting, of course. God forbid something that brightens up their day would happen.

Rolling his shoulder to ease the ache that Jo had caused in it with his pat (had his brother always been that strong), Jin waited for the new guy to walk away before turning to go as well, needing to get back to checking the storage. However, he froze once again as his brother saw through his cheerful demeanor and spoke up.

"One hundred and twenty days exactly, brother, and exactly one hundred and fifty days left," After a moment, he released a sigh, either out of tiredness over their continual, seemingly endless journey through the stars or just out of agitation about being reminded of that fact. When he turned his head back though, none of his apprehension and despair over the length of the quest through the stars appeared in his smile. A fabrication of falsified joy, the dull beam was his attempt at laying to rest his brother's unease and concerns, "And what do you mean? We're traveling through the stars, pioneering a new path for all of humanity! How could I not love this, being able to go beyond what our ancestors could ever imagine?"

The artificial sweetness of his excited tone was almost sickening.​

The sound of a classical waltz could be heard from indide of the living quarters, its source one Daniel Wong. The man in question was currently occupying himself with getting dressed for the day of work ahead-even if no one needed medicine for anything save a headache or nausea, it was important everything remained exactly as he left it. As the ship's pharmacist, it was natural that it was all under his control-to the extent that Dr. Park allowed. He bowed to her authority in the end. She was a sensible woman and knew what she was doing.

The Captain, on the other hand...well, the types of things Daniel had to say about her were unsavory at best. A foolish little girl who was all talk. It was a shame that this job paid so well, or he couldn't bear to deal with her. His research needed funding through any means necessary.

Speaking of research, however...

"It is your day off today, Ophelia?" He knew it was, it was more of a statement than anything. Despite his daughter's interest in assisting him with the pharmeceutical drugs on board, he was hesistant to give up any of his control over the department. That, and he needed Ophelia to avoid too much strenuous activity. She was still frail...much to his disapointment.

"Hm? Oh...yes, it's my day off." Ophelia Wong was tying the lace on her boot, but finished to look at her father. "Not many places are open today...I won't be doing much."

"Excellent." Straightening his tie, Daniel suddenly remembered one little detail. "Oh yes, before I forget...I've updated Prescription #74 to include more Calcium. It should improve the medicine considerably." Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a pill bottle that he gave Ophelia. "Same dosage as usual."

"Thank you."

He nodded, turning his music off and heading off to the Medical Bay.

---------

Ah, Dr. Park was already at work. Hearing about the patient, Daniel immediately started looking for any medicine. When he'd gotten here, nothing but cheap pills from the local drug store to be found-he'd changed that, however. Yes, his medicine was his pride and joy. And Ophelia? Why, she was his magnum opus.

---------

Said magnum opus was now walking to the Social Center, her mind already made up on what to do. She owed her adopted father her life, and appreciated all he did to help her, but part of that cane by proving she wasn't as weak as he thought. Even if kept from using the pharmacy on days off, Ophelia was experimenting with medicines of her own. She knew Daniel's goal was to make her strong, superhuman really, so why not help him out?

In fact, she was going to try and volunteer today, put some of her new medicine to test. This one, she called Prescription SM+. If taken it would mean she could stay awake for a full day and not feel exhausted at all, no matter how much work she did-granted it worked, of course.

Once in the social center, she checked the board for available jobs.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Anyone
Mika Sikou Prologue
Martyr's Labyrinth

She felt the taste of crimson in her mouth, the screaming, the laughing, the horrors and terrors alike dancing around her. Her world shook, phantoms of a life unknown and distant floating around her, their faces ghastly yet all so distinct. Beeps and boops of her favorite games echoed in a symphony of the damned, no longer played to cheerful entertainment, but to the tune of her inevitable demise. Futile strength pushed her forward, leading her deeper and deeper into the labyrinth, eldritch abominations and monsters alike awaiting at each corner.

Groaning to herself in agony, Mika rushed herself forwards, spotting a grey door at the end of the hallway. She pushed through the steel, and lo, a wall of white solace greeted her. Approaching the heavenly light, she raised her right hand out, trying to grasp at what paradise awaited her through all of her trials and tribulations.

---

She woke with a jolt, the dreams returning night after night of something so distant yet near. A sharp hiss escaped the teenager's lips, feeling the prick of a needle against her thumb, a small trail of blood coursing from her thumb. With a face of disgust, the youngest working programmer of Sagittarius III arose from her bed, going about her daily morning routine of hygiene. Despite it being only four months on this ship, Mika had been associated with the crew long beforehand, around seventy-seven or so days through emails with the Captain.

Using a small tissue to cover her thumb, the sick individual sniffled, dressed out in her typical school hoodie and skirt she lounged about in, enjoying the warmth of the clothing to wear it about the ship. Not only that, but sentimental value was attached to it, the teenager being reminded of her purpose here- of her journey to help her dying mother. Walking alone in the hallways, the avid gamer tipped and tapped at a portable gaming device, heading her way to the Medical Bay.

Taking a seat quietly near the water fountain, Mika awaited for medical attention, a deep sickness perforating in her, both of widespread body aches and fatigue. Even in the cosmic loneliness of space, pestilence reigns as king, spreading both insidiously and efficiently.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Medical Bay
Doctor Park smiled as Daniel walled in. She adjusted her sleeve, and looked up from her desk. "Morning, Daniel." She said. "Oh, we're running low on antibiotics. Do you think you can synthesize some later? Just some Penicillin and Amoxicillin will be fine." She asked as she picked up a file folder from the table.

When Mika walked in, Doctor Park smiled. The woman made her way over to the girl. "Hello." She said. "I'm Medical Director Park. What do you need today?" She said in a happy tone. "I'll be with you in a moment. If you could please make your way over to the bench." She said, pointing to a bench/bed like a doctor's office usually had. It would suit for now unless she needed a bed. But Doctor Park would cross that bridge when she came to it.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Medical Bay

Mika always hated going to the doctor.

It didn't help that it reminded her of the countless nights she stayed by her mother's side, the only family she truly had left since the vanishing of her father. Alone and regulated to school, facing discrimination from her Chinese heritage, Mika was grown in an interesting dilemma. The gamer could hold fast, regulated to the lull of school and bigotry alike, hoping that her mother's situation would improve. Or, as evidence by her sitting in the medical bay, risk everything and anything to achieve enough prosperity to ensure normalcy. Even in such a distant future, the song of poverty and pain remains all the same.

"I'm sick...c-can't sleep...nightmares," she rasped from underneath her portable game device, raising up her head. With the hood of her hoodie dropping a little, the light-haired brunette sniffled, pink eyes fluttering weakly. A certain paleness struck into her skin, a common sign of the inflicted. Slowly arising, Mika kept her makeshift bandage over her thumb, the mysterious prick of the needle having ceased bleeding, leaving a dried gash. Lightly coughing, the teenager stuffed the game device into the pockets of her school hoodie, dusting off her traditional school skirt.

Dragging her feet to the bench, the fatigued programmer hiccuped, reaching to sent a quick email to the Captain. In the back of her mind, the gamer could already hear Haruki berating the young girl for not manning her station, knowing she was one of the few to be able to coordinate the ship's technical systems all together.

Will be in Control Room soon. Sick. Love, Mika.

P.S. I liked your speech!

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Yun Lee @Medical Bay

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Day 1: Prologue
"Four Months"

773a0032367adafc90b9bd1afe162066.png

"War is upon us."

vlcsnap-2010-11-08-22h52m08s86.png

"Here we are, in the midst of a battle for life and death. Our phasers are locked on our enemies and ready to fire whenever I give the command. We are surrounded by our brothers and sisters-in-arms, waiting for the right moment to strike down those opposing us. There is a chance all of us could die today, but if we die we will die as heros. If we win, we will all stand together as the protectors of New Earth. So, let's all STAY ON TARGET, stand together, and kick some major ass out there!"

"...is what I would say if we actually were at war right now."

A loud laugh of from the Captain, blaring over the ship's intercom, would follow her speech. Having been aboard Sagittarius III for already four months, it was something everyone had grown accustomed to. The young woman liked to hear herself talk, and it was apparent by the fact that she gave a new speech about anything and everything nearly every single day. In fact, the crew of travelers was so used to these speeches that it was probably easy just to tune them out all together. But whether anyone listened to the booming voice of Captain Haruhi Suzumiya or not, she still continued to speak.

"But we aren't at war, are we? This ship isn't even a warship anymore. It's pretty disappointing, I know, but don't feel bad! We've been aboard Sagittarius III for one-hundred and twenty one days now and we're not finished yet, folks! In only five months from now, we'll be exploring a vast new world full of the unknown! Excavating for aliens--"

abc0478db1a383fefd2fbedb5e6dcb26.png

A cough could be heard coming from behind Suzumiya. One of her trusted crew members, Daisuke, could be heard speaking afterwards. "Fossils, Miss Suzumiya, fossils."

"Ugh, right. We'll be excavating for fossils. But maybe if we're lucky we'll run into some aliens too! Now, wouldn't that be cool?"

"Anyhow, this is just a quick announcement to greet all of you for the day, and to remind everyone that we could use a few volunteers to work around here every now and again. I know this trip is kind of like a vacation until we arrive to the planet we're supposed to explore, but that doesn't mean we all shouldn't do our part to help out every now and again, right? So if any of you want to volunteer, be sure to visit the ship's Social Center and check out the requests board."

"SO SOME OF YOU BETTER GET YOUR LAZY ASSES TO WORK OR YOU'LL ALL BE PUNISHED, DAMN YOUUUU!"

"That is all. Live long and prosper! Captain Suzumiya, signing off."

After giving her announcement, Haruhi Suzumiya turned around to face those who were with her in the Command Center, flicking a lock of brown hair over her shoulder before she spoke.

melancholy11-2.jpg

"And how was I today?"

While everyone else in the room was quiet, Daisuke slowly started to clap for her. "Inspirational as always."

Even though he was the only one in the room clapping, Haruhi bowed as if she were suddenly filled with the confidence brought upon by a stadium filled with thousands of people cheering for her.

"Yes, yes, I know. My speech was absolutely fantastic! And you know what? So was I! I bet everyone in the entire ship will be begging to do volunteer work now!" she exclaimed, a twinkle in her eyes. "But for the time being, let's all get back to work on our end!" she added.

After the Captain's announcement had ended, the travelers aboard the ship were free to move around and do what they pleased. If anyone was interested in volunteer work, they could check out the Social Center of the ship. As for anyone else, all the travelers had maps of the ship they could refer to if they wanted to go somewhere else. While some had likely gotten used to the layout of the ship over the past four months, it was still large and tedious to navigate. So most travelers carried their maps with them at all times.

mx2RXEq.png
  1. Swimming Pool [spoili]If you feel like relaxing, drown your cares away and spend some time at the ship's luxurious swimming area. [/spoili]​
  2. Gym [spoili]A gym filled with all of the latest in exercising equipment.[/spoili]​
  3. Living Quarters [spoili]A location which will always be available to everyone. The living quarters is the main resting area for any of the travelers.[/spoili]​
  4. Command Station [spoili]Anyone who wishes to speak with the Captain will find her here.[/spoili]​
  5. Medical Bay [spoili]A place for the sick or injured. [/spoili]​
  6. Captain's Quarters [spoili]Don't ever go here without a good reason, or the Captain will have your head! This room is Haruhi's domain and off limits to anyone who doesn't have her permission to enter.[/spoili]​
  7. Theater [spoili]A place of entertainment. Anyone is welcome to use it and watch any available movies the Captain has selected for viewing.[/spoili]​
  8. Cafeteria [spoili]A place for anyone to go and eat. [/spoili]​
  9. Library [spoili]A compiliation of books collected on New Earth and other destinations throughout the universe. Everyone on the ship is welcome to check out books from here.[/spoili]​
  10. Store [spoili]Sagittarious III's very own shopping center. It's a generic store containing food, clothing, and any other necessities someone may neeed.[/spoili]​
  11. Garden [spoili]A relaxing garden the ship's travelers are welcome to visit. It is also used to grow produce used on the ship.[/spoili]​
  12. Garbage Disposal [spoili]Any and all trash thrown away in the ship is taken to the Garbage Disposal and incinerated.[/spoili]​
  13. Escape Pods [spoili]In case of an emergency, Sagittarious III is equiped with escape pods individuals can use to evacuate the ship.[/spoili]​
  14. Simulation Room [spoili]A computerized virtual reality room in which individuals can use to practice with weapons, play simulated games, or enjoy a snythetic replica of various environments.[/spoili]​
  15. Bar and Entertainment zone [spoili]A bar which can be used to relax and enjoy a drink while listening to music performed by holograms.[/spoili]​
  16. Storage [spoili]A place where all of the ships supplies are kept ranging from food to medicine.[/spoili]​
  17. Armory [spoili]A storage room for any and all weapons in the ship. Weapons are not allowed to be checked out of the room without permission from the Captain or another higher ranking officer.[/spoili]​
  18. Broken Bridge [spoili]An area of the ship which is presently under repair. Before it was damaged, this bridge was used as a faster route to the Medical Bay. However, because it is broken an alternative path must be taken to get there.[/spoili]​
  19. Sitting Areas [spoili]Two places with sitting areas. They both have large windows for anyone who wishes to look out and view the stars.[/spoili]​
  20. Social Center [spoili]A gathering place for ship-wide anouncements, a place where people can chat with others, and the location of the Volunteer work board.[/spoili]​
  21. Restricted Area [spoili]An area off limits to travelers. Some say that it holds excavation equipment that will later be used for their mission, but nobody knows for certain.[/spoili]​
  22. Fuel Storage [spoili]Extra fuel for Sagittarius III is stored here.[/spoili]​
  23. Airlock [spoili]An intermediate chamber with two airtight doors to permit passage between the ship and space itself. This opening is rarely used by the crew.[/spoili]​
  24. Bridge [spoili]A bridge leading to the Fuel Storage area.[/spoili]​
  25. Engine Room [spoili]Self explanatory. The engine of Sagittarius III is located here.[/spoili]​
  26. Security Department [spoili]The ship's security staff is stationed here.[/spoili]​
While the maps would show twenty-six locations in particular, only the Living Quarters and five other locations were active for the day.

Hot Spots:

Social Center [spoili]A gathering place for ship-wide anouncements, a place where people can chat with others, and the location of the Volunteer work board.[/spoili]
Command Station [spoili]Anyone who wishes to speak with the Captain will find her here.[/spoili]
Medical Bay [spoili]A place for the sick or injured. [/spoili]
Storage [spoili]A place where all of the ships supplies are kept ranging from food to medicine.[/spoili]
Theater [spoili]A place of entertainment. Anyone is welcome to use it and watch any available movies the Captain has selected for viewing.[/spoili]

Cast
@Crow as Emily Cutt & Raven Summersnow Slowmercury
@Krieg as Mika Sikou
@Bomb as Uta Komiya
@Yun Lee as Daniel Wong and Ophelia Wong
@Gummi Bunnies as Lauren Lynn
@The Tactician as Jin Tajiri
@Verite as John Smith
@Minerva as Doctor Suyong Park
@thatguyinthestore as Craig Cole
@Atomyk as Alec Boulton
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Jo Tajiri
@Jeremi as Daren Masih
@york as Anna Amherst
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Sterling West
@Kaykay as Melissa Mibu
@Takumi as Luka Sinclair
@Yatagarasu as Christa Park
@penguin055 as Elias Klein
@Nater Taters as Derek Craven
@Hospes as Caldwell Pernicious
Day 1 of Craig's voyage into space. Why would some select him of all people, a small shoe owner, to voyage into outer space? Well he didn't really know the answer to that. Craig was working in the store today selling, well shoes. Sure it wasn't a whole store dedicated to shoes like the old days, but it was at least a good section for them. Craig sat at the desk in the store, watching shoppers go in and out without a care in the world. Peaceful. Just how he enjoyed it.

@Anyone who wants to meet craig or buy shoes

QNELJWg.png

Those headed for the Social Center would find themselves arriving at the ship's central gathering hub. Many, many people stood around chatting, while some appeared to be gazing at the job request boards. Anyone interested in taking on jobs could walk up to one of the various computer screens and see what was available.

Storage Assistance: Our inventory managers are looking for help with sorting some of the food and medicine kept aboard the ship. Any help would be appreciated!

Medical Bay Assistance: P-Please help! I just need an extra pair of hands to help out with some work! No medical knowledge needed!

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @SocialCenter

fc0fae6abe85dd91ce919f3e05f2afe7.png

At the Medical Bay, a very anxious female stumbled around carrying an arm-load of first aide kits. Her name was Yuko Goto, probably the most sensitive nurse on staff. In fact, it almost seemed odd that she was even a nurse at all. It was almost as if she had just been dropped into the medical field against her will... : |

She whimpered and squeaked, running as fast as she could to Doctor Park's office. The meek female ran so quick, in fact, that she ended up running right into the wall next to the office door. "OWIE!" she squeaked, rubbing the top of her head with one hand, causing herself to drop all of the first aide kits she had been holding onto. She scrambled to pick them all up, tears springing from her eyes afterwards.

"WAAAAAHHHH DOCTOR!" she exclaimed, jumping to her feet and rushing into the room. "I WAS BAD I'M SORRY!" she exclaimed, frantically bowing. "I-I-I put in a request for help at the Social Center! I-I-I know we have staff here already, but I don't like working without extra help. A-Are you mad?"

The girl paused, realizing Doctor Park was speaking with a patient who had just walked in. "EEK! I'm sorry if I interrupted something! I-I'm really no good at this," she said, fumbling with the first aide kits in her hands.

@Minerva @Krieg @Yun Lee @MedicalBay

8X6k9g8.png

After the announcements had ended, the Command Station was open for anyone to visit. Once things had seemed to settle down, Daisuke slipped on over to John, a smirk crossing his lips as he gave the Captain's first-mate a tap on the shoulder. "I find myself asking the same question day after day: Why does Mr. Smith look so down every morning? You don't seem to appear as inspired by her speeches as," I am "some people are. Why not just resign? Then maybe someone like, oh I don't know, your's truly could take over? That is, if I don't just end up stealing your position anyhow," he said, wearing a smile masqueraded by his usual poker face. It was hard to tell whether or not he was joking.

Meanwhile, as if praising herself on her own accomplishments didn't inflate her ego enough, the Captain would gasp as she heard a ping from her computer and noticed that she had received an e-mail. She rushed to check it, clasping her hands together in glee. "Look at this! Just look at all of the fan mail I'm getting! My people love me!" she exclaimed, gawking at the computer as she proudly opened her single email. In her eyes, that one email equated to hundreds of messages. After reading the message, the Captain grinned and typed out a response, reading it aloud as she did.

I'm glad you enjoyed my humble speech. My crew could learn a thing or two from you on showing appreciation! Sick, huh? Is it the bad dreams again? Get well soon, Mika! Take all the time off you need. I'll work John and Daisuke even harder to make up for your absence!

After hearing the Captain read what she had typed, Daisuke momentarily broke from his poker face and frowned. He complimented Miss Suzumiya day and night, yet this girl called in sick and the Captain still seemed to respect her more? What a bother. He was always the side character, the little guy.

Keeping his chin up, the young man glanced to the door when Derek would come in. "Oh hello, Derek. What brings you here to our humble command station on this fine day?" he questioned the man.

@Verite @Krieg @Nater Taters @CommandStation

z2836fa.png

Those who made their way to the Storage area would find two young men, the inventory managers, standing nearby. Other than the two young men, a small female stood in the back of the room. She made no sounds and hardly moved, almost appearing to be a mannequin. If the others would look close enough, however, they would see the girl blinked and looked around with bored, almost sad, eyes.

ae50332ae122a6c9e8b2adc8a4feb4c2.png

"..."

@Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Storage

"Four Months"

"War is upon us."

"Here we are, in the midst of a battle for life and death. Our phasers are locked on our enemies and ready to fire whenever I give the command. We are surrounded by our brothers and sisters-in-arms, waiting for the right moment to strike down those opposing us. There is a chance all of us could die today, but if we die we will die as heros. If we win, we will all stand together as the protectors of New Earth. So, let's all STAY ON TARGET, stand together, and kick some major ass out there!"

A loud laugh of from the Captain, blaring over the ship's intercom, would follow her speech. Having been aboard Sagittarius III for already four months, it was something everyone had grown accustomed to. The young woman liked to hear herself talk, and it was apparent by the fact that she gave a new speech about anything and everything nearly every single day. In fact, the crew of travelers was so used to these speeches that it was probably easy just to tune them out all together. But whether anyone listened to the booming voice of Captain Haruhi Suzumiya or not, she still continued to speak.

"But we aren't at war, are we? This ship isn't even a warship anymore. It's pretty disappointing, I know, but don't feel bad! We've been aboard Sagittarius III for one-hundred and twenty one days now and we're not finished yet, folks! In only five months from now, we'll be exploring a vast new world full of the unknown! Excavating for aliens--"

A cough could be heard coming from behind Suzumiya. One of her trusted crew members, Daisuke, could be heard speaking afterwards. "Fossils, Miss Suzumiya, fossils."

"Ugh, right. We'll be excavating for fossils. But maybe if we're lucky we'll run into some aliens too! Now, wouldn't that be cool?"

"Anyhow, this is just a quick announcement to greet all of you for the day, and to remind everyone that we could use a few volunteers to work around here every now and again. I know this trip is kind of like a vacation until we arrive to the planet we're supposed to explore, but that doesn't mean we all shouldn't do our part to help out every now and again, right? So if any of you want to volunteer, be sure to visit the ship's Social Center and check out the requests board."

"SO SOME OF YOU BETTER GET YOUR LAZY ASSES TO WORK OR YOU'LL ALL BE PUNISHED, DAMN YOUUUU!"

After giving her announcement, Haruhi Suzumiya turned around to face those who were with her in the Command Center, flicking a lock of brown hair over her shoulder before she spoke.

melancholy11-2.jpg

"And how was I today?"

While everyone else in the room was quiet, Daisuke slowly started to clap for her. "Inspirational as always."

Even though he was the only one in the room clapping, Haruhi bowed as if she were suddenly filled with the confidence brought upon by a stadium filled with thousands of people cheering for her.

"Yes, yes, I know. My speech was absolutely fantastic! And you know what? So was I! I bet everyone in the entire ship will be begging to do volunteer work now!" she exclaimed, a twinkle in her eyes. "But for the time being, let's all get back to work on our end!" she added.

After the Captain's announcement had ended, the travelers aboard the ship were free to move around and do what they pleased. If anyone was interested in volunteer work, they could check out the Social Center of the ship. As for anyone else, all the travelers had maps of the ship they could refer to if they wanted to go somewhere else. While some had likely gotten used to the layout of the ship over the past four months, it was still large and tedious to navigate. So most travelers carried their maps with them at all times.

mx2RXEq.png
  1. Swimming Pool [spoili]If you feel like relaxing, drown your cares away and spend some time at the ship's luxurious swimming area. [/spoili]​
  2. Gym [spoili]A gym filled with all of the latest in exercising equipment.[/spoili]​
  3. Living Quarters [spoili]A location which will always be available to everyone. The living quarters is the main resting area for any of the travelers.[/spoili]​
  4. Command Station [spoili]Anyone who wishes to speak with the Captain will find her here.[/spoili]​
  6. Captain's Quarters [spoili]Don't ever go here without a good reason, or the Captain will have your head! This room is Haruhi's domain and off limits to anyone who doesn't have her permission to enter.[/spoili]​
  7. Theater [spoili]A place of entertainment. Anyone is welcome to use it and watch any available movies the Captain has selected for viewing.[/spoili]​
  9. Library [spoili]A compiliation of books collected on New Earth and other destinations throughout the universe. Everyone on the ship is welcome to check out books from here.[/spoili]​
  10. Store [spoili]Sagittarious III's very own shopping center. It's a generic store containing food, clothing, and any other necessities someone may neeed.[/spoili]​
  11. Garden [spoili]A relaxing garden the ship's travelers are welcome to visit. It is also used to grow produce used on the ship.[/spoili]​
  12. Garbage Disposal [spoili]Any and all trash thrown away in the ship is taken to the Garbage Disposal and incinerated.[/spoili]​
  13. Escape Pods [spoili]In case of an emergency, Sagittarious III is equiped with escape pods individuals can use to evacuate the ship.[/spoili]​
  14. Simulation Room [spoili]A computerized virtual reality room in which individuals can use to practice with weapons, play simulated games, or enjoy a snythetic replica of various environments.[/spoili]​
  15. Bar and Entertainment zone [spoili]A bar which can be used to relax and enjoy a drink while listening to music performed by holograms.[/spoili]​
  16. Storage [spoili]A place where all of the ships supplies are kept ranging from food to medicine.[/spoili]​
  17. Armory [spoili]A storage room for any and all weapons in the ship. Weapons are not allowed to be checked out of the room without permission from the Captain or another higher ranking officer.[/spoili]​
  18. Broken Bridge [spoili]An area of the ship which is presently under repair. Before it was damaged, this bridge was used as a faster route to the Medical Bay. However, because it is broken an alternative path must be taken to get there.[/spoili]​
  19. Sitting Areas [spoili]Two places with sitting areas. They both have large windows for anyone who wishes to look out and view the stars.[/spoili]​
  20. Social Center [spoili]A gathering place for ship-wide anouncements, a place where people can chat with others, and the location of the Volunteer work board.[/spoili]​
  21. Restricted Area [spoili]An area off limits to travelers. Some say that it holds excavation equipment that will later be used for their mission, but nobody knows for certain.[/spoili]​
  22. Fuel Storage [spoili]Extra fuel for Sagittarius III is stored here.[/spoili]​
  23. Airlock [spoili]An intermediate chamber with two airtight doors to permit passage between the ship and space itself. This opening is rarely used by the crew.[/spoili]​
  25. Engine Room [spoili]Self explanatory. The engine of Sagittarius III is located here.[/spoili]​
  26. Security Department [spoili]The ship's security staff is stationed here.[/spoili]​
While the maps would show twenty-six locations in particular, only the Living Quarters and five other locations were active for the day.

Hot Spots:

Social Center [spoili]A gathering place for ship-wide anouncements, a place where people can chat with others, and the location of the Volunteer work board.[/spoili]
Command Station [spoili]Anyone who wishes to speak with the Captain will find her here.[/spoili]
Storage [spoili]A place where all of the ships supplies are kept ranging from food to medicine.[/spoili]
Theater [spoili]A place of entertainment. Anyone is welcome to use it and watch any available movies the Captain has selected for viewing.[/spoili]

Cast
@Krieg as Mika Sikou
@Bomb as Uta Komiya
@Verite as John Smith
@Atomyk as Alec Boulton
@Jeremi as Daren Masih
@york as Anna Amherst
@Kaykay as Melissa Mibu
@Takumi as Luka Sinclair
Elias let out a sigh as the captain finished her speech. When he had first met her, he found the captain to be a somewhat entertaining personality, but after a few weeks of daily speeches he was starting to get tired of her unique sense of humor. The speeches eventually become quite annoying to him, but now he had learned to tune them out, only paying attention to whatever he thought was important.

Since he was taking a considerable amount of time off from school to be an intern on the Sagittarius III, Elias made sure not to waste his precious time and tried his best to continue his archaeology studies using whatever books he could find in the ship's library. Four months of near constant reading had begun to take its toll on the young student, however, and he decided that it was about time for a break. He got up off of his bed in the Living Quarters, put down the book he had been reading before the captain's speech, and began to head towards the Social Center to find a job to do, his dark sunglasses shielding his blue eyes from the bright lights in the halls.

On his way to the Social Center, Elias passed by a few of the other passengers on the ship, and began to think about how he hardly got to know the other people there. He had been so wrapped up in his studies and now he realized that he hardly even knew anyone else's name. That's a problem for another day, he thought, and put it out of his mind. For now, his only objective was finding some work to do.

Upon his arrival at the Social Center, Elias headed straight for the work board, where he found a young woman around his age looking over the job listings. Not in the mood for a conversation, the blonde student kept a fair distance from her, but he followed her gaze to the screen. He read the job descriptions posted, and frowned slightly, disappointed at the options presented. After a few moments of deliberation, he decided that he would rather do more mindless work like sorting and made up his mind to help out in the Storage Room.

Elias turned toward the room's exit and left the Social Center as quickly as he came, secretly thankful that his sunglasses blocked any eye contact between him and the other people standing around the room. Without a word, he began to head toward the Storage Room to help out with whatever he could.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @SocialCenter @StorageRoom @Anyone

8X6k9g8.png

After the announcements had ended, the Command Station was open for anyone to visit. Once things had seemed to settle down, Daisuke slipped on over to John, a smirk crossing his lips as he gave the Captain's first-mate a tap on the shoulder. "I find myself asking the same question day after day: Why does Mr. Smith look so down every morning? You don't seem to appear as inspired by her speeches as,"I am"some people are. Why not just resign? Then maybe someone like, oh I don't know, your's truly could take over? That is, if I don't just end up stealing your position anyhow," he said, wearing a smile masqueraded by his usual poker face. It was hard to tell whether or not he was joking.

Meanwhile, as if praising herself on her own accomplishments didn't inflate her ego enough, the Captain would gasp as she heard a ping from her computer and noticed that she had received an e-mail. She rushed to check it, clasping her hands together in glee. "Look at this! Just look at all of the fan mail I'm getting! My people love me!" she exclaimed, gawking at the computer as she proudly opened her single email. In her eyes, that one email equated to hundreds of messages. After reading the message, the Captain grinned and typed out a response, reading it aloud as she did.

I'm glad you enjoyed my humble speech. My crew could learn a thing or two from you on showing appreciation! Sick, huh? Is it the bad dreams again? Get well soon, Mika! Take all the time off you need. I'll work John and Daisuke even harder to make up for your absence!

After hearing the Captain read what she had typed, Daisuke momentarily broke from his poker face and frowned. He complimented Miss Suzumiya day and night, yet this girl called in sick and the Captain still seemed to respect her more? What a bother. He was always the side character, the little guy.

Keeping his chin up, the young man glanced to the door when Derek would come in. "Oh hello, Derek. What brings you here to our humble command station on this fine day?" he questioned the man.

The instant Daisuke would lean over, John would look over and practically give the evil eye at the other man and the teasing words he'd give, even feeling inclined to lean away from him, as though his personal bubble were being disrupted.

"Hmph, you make it sound so black and white as always, don't you?" John sighed, crossing his arms in a resigned manner as he'd look over in the Captain's direction, before continuing to speak, "I choose not to resign out of the kindness of my heart, y'know. If I were to leave, who else would look after Captain Suzumiya and keep her and the crew out of trouble? She doesn't exactly have a good sense of..."

What was the word to put it delicately?

"She doesn't exactly have good sense in general... is what I'm trying to get at."

Perfect.

"And... Well, no offense, but I don't exactly trust you to keep her facing in the right direction, or... Anyone to be honest, if only because no one's known her for as long as you and I... though I do trust Lieutenant Cho to replace me, I guess, in case my body is ever mysteriously found floating in space away from the airlock."

"Thanks."

"Yeah."

Indeed, George Cho was a rare specimen. One classified under "People John could trust." For better or for worse (usually in the middle on average), he seemed to act as a sort of amalgamation of both John and Daisuke, possessing the former's common sense, enough to identify the Captain's over-eccentric tendencies, as well as the latter's willingness to go along with Suzumiya's personality for whatever reason.

There was trust in a superior officer, and then there was... the blind leading the blind.

Neither John nor George would take much note of the Captain's glee, treating her overwhelming cheeriness to be as normal as Nurse Goto's adorable blunders. When Derek would walk in, John would look back at him, letting Daisuke talk, before adding in his own two cents.

"Yeah, did you need something, Derek?" The First Mate inquired. As he had mused to himself before, it was John's duty to maintain the well-being of the crew. If someone felt the need to come aboard the Command Station, then it was likely there was some grievance to be had... Right? Of course, not that that would be unusual with the captain leading them.

"Maybe he wants to mingle with the ever so lively helms crew," Cho said, seeming to lightly jab at mostly John, but also a little bit of those around.

"Thanks."

"Yeah."

Lively indeed.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Command Station

QNELJWg.png

Those headed for the Social Center would find themselves arriving at the ship's central gathering hub. Many, many people stood around chatting, while some appeared to be gazing at the job request boards. Anyone interested in taking on jobs could walk up to one of the various computer screens and see what was available.

Storage Assistance: Our inventory managers are looking for help with sorting some of the food and medicine kept aboard the ship. Any help would be appreciated!

Medical Bay Assistance: P-Please help! I just need an extra pair of hands to help out with some work! No medical knowledge needed!

At the Medical Bay, a very anxious female stumbled around carrying an arm-load of first aide kits. Her name was Yuko Goto, probably the most sensitive nurse on staff. In fact, it almost seemed odd that she was even a nurse at all. It was almost as if she had just been dropped into the medical field against her will... : |

She whimpered and squeaked, running as fast as she could to Doctor Park's office. The meek female ran so quick, in fact, that she ended up running right into the wall next to the office door. "OWIE!" she squeaked, rubbing the top of her head with one hand, causing herself to drop all of the first aide kits she had been holding onto. She scrambled to pick them all up, tears springing from her eyes afterwards.

"WAAAAAHHHH DOCTOR!" she exclaimed, jumping to her feet and rushing into the room. "I WAS BAD I'M SORRY!" she exclaimed, frantically bowing. "I-I-I put in a request for help at the Social Center! I-I-I know we have staff here already, but I don't like working without extra help. A-Are you mad?"

The girl paused, realizing Doctor Park was speaking with a patient who had just walked in. "EEK! I'm sorry if I interrupted something! I-I'm really no good at this," she said, fumbling with the first aide kits in her hands.

8X6k9g8.png

After the announcements had ended, the Command Station was open for anyone to visit. Once things had seemed to settle down, Daisuke slipped on over to John, a smirk crossing his lips as he gave the Captain's first-mate a tap on the shoulder. "I find myself asking the same question day after day: Why does Mr. Smith look so down every morning? You don't seem to appear as inspired by her speeches as," I am "some people are. Why not just resign? Then maybe someone like, oh I don't know, your's truly could take over? That is, if I don't just end up stealing your position anyhow," he said, wearing a smile masqueraded by his usual poker face. It was hard to tell whether or not he was joking.

z2836fa.png

Those who made their way to the Storage area would find two young men, the inventory managers, standing nearby. Other than the two young men, a small female stood in the back of the room. She made no sounds and hardly moved, almost appearing to be a mannequin. If the others would look close enough, however, they would see the girl blinked and looked around with bored, almost sad, eyes.

"..."

The instant Daisuke would lean over, John would look over and practically give the evil eye at the other man and the teasing words he'd give, even feeling inclined to lean away from him, as though his personal bubble were being disrupted.

"Hmph, you make it sound so black and white as always, don't you?" John sighed, crossing his arms in a resigned manner as he'd look over in the Captain's direction, before continuing to speak, "I choose not to resign out of the kindness of my heart, y'know. If I were to leave, who else would look after Captain Suzumiya and keep her and the crew out of trouble? She doesn't exactly have a good sense of..."

"She doesn't exactly have good sense in general... is what I'm trying to get at."

Perfect.

"And... Well, no offense, but I don't exactly trust you to keep her facing in the right direction, or... Anyone to be honest, if only because no one's known her for as long as you and I... though I do trust Lieutenant Cho to replace me, I guess, in case my body is ever mysteriously found floating in space away from the airlock."

"Thanks."

"Yeah."

Indeed, George Cho was a rare specimen. One classified under "People John could trust." For better or for worse (usually in the middle on average), he seemed to act as a sort of amalgamation of both John and Daisuke, possessing the former's common sense, enough to identify the Captain's over-eccentric tendencies, as well as the latter's willingness to go along with Suzumiya's personality for whatever reason.

There was trust in a superior officer, and then there was... the blind leading the blind.

Neither John nor George would take much note of the Captain's glee, treating her overwhelming cheeriness to be as normal as Nurse Goto's adorable blunders. When Derek would walk in, John would look back at him, letting Daisuke talk, before adding in his own two cents.

"Yeah, did you need something, Derek?" The First Mate inquired. As he had mused to himself before, it was John's duty to maintain the well-being of the crew. If someone felt the need to come aboard the Command Station, then it was likely there was some grievance to be had... Right? Of course, not that that would be unusual with the captain leading them.

"Maybe he wants to mingle with the ever so lively helms crew," Cho said, seeming to lightly jab at mostly John, but also a little bit of those around.

"Thanks."

"Yeah."

Lively indeed.

Derek stood there somewhat awkwardly in the Command Station, standing before the crew themselves. It was a strange feeling being here in this room. Normally this room would be off limits to anyone who wasn't a member of the crew, then again...nothing about this cruise was necessarily normal.

It appeared that Derek was in a trance, either that or he was spaced out. The crow on his shoulder, which he had named Tenebris turned it's head to face him. It started chittering before it nipped at Derek, snapping him out of his trance.

"Oh! Um yes....I was actually wondering.. which one of you would I talk to if I wished to work on the ship?" He asked.

@Verite
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Four Months"

"War is upon us."

melancholy11-2.jpg

"And how was I today?"

mx2RXEq.png

Hot Spots:

Cast
@Krieg as Mika Sikou
@Bomb as Uta Komiya
@Verite as John Smith
@Atomyk as Alec Boulton
@Jeremi as Daren Masih
@york as Anna Amherst
@Kaykay as Melissa Mibu
@Takumi as Luka Sinclair
Four months on this ship, Christa thought to herself as she took as glance at the calendar hung upon the wall in her Living Quarter. Jeez it's already been four months?

Christa didn't really pay attention to the compelling speech that was blaring over the intercom. In fact, she was too busy listening to the music that was being passed through her earphones as she laid on her bed for the past hour or so. It's not like she much to do right now, since Christa doesn't work at her post till later in the day, so for now, she decided to take a break and have a wander around the spaceship to stretch her legs.

"Speaking of which, I should probably check up with Suyong and see what she's up to." She muttered to herself, and quickly put on a pair of black converse shoes, before making her way down to the Medical Bay.
Medical Director Suyong Park, Medical Bay

Doctor Park hadn't listened to the announcement about volunteers. She sat at her desk with headphones playing Classical music she had collected from back on Earth. She stared at a tablet, quietly reading the words on the screen to herself. They were notes from the previous day's work.

"Patient is a young Anglo-Saxon male of about 20 years of age." She read to herself. The words on the screen were notes she had taken the previous day. "Patient reported stomach cramps and vomiting. Patient reported eating steak two days prior. Patient given pills and sent to quarters." And with that, Doctor Park finished reading. She stood up from the computer and closed the reports.

The Asian female stared at the glass keeping space out. She typically used the glass as a mirror. She pulled her hair up, and adjusted it. She straightened out her jacket and washed her hands before stepping out into the Medical Bay.

She stared at everyone there. "Alright, what do we have today?" She asked one of the nurses.

@Medical bay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Anybody

"Ayy what's up sis?" Christa immediately greeted to Suyong after the automatic door to the Medical Bay slid open, not realising she had accidentally interrupted a meeting. "Just wanna see what you are up to!"

She noticed that Suyong had a pair of headphones on her head, prompting the older sister to ask, "Oh whatcha listening to?" Christa perked her ears up a bit, before picking up some noise that was leaking out of the headphone, and immediately rolled her eyes in amusement when she realised what the music was.

"Really, classical music?" Christa then went in for a side hug. "Come on, classical music is so outdated. You should really keep up with the times."

She then poked her tongue out to tease her little sister again, before patting her on the shoulder. "Alright, alright I'm gonna head off now, I'll catch up with you later."

Just as Christa was about to leave, an anxious lady stumbled inside the room. Noticing the huge pile of first-aid kits in her arms, Christa quickly stepped out of the way to avoid crashing into her. However, it seemed like the girl had already crashed into something before :|||

"Um...do you need help with carrying the first-aid kits?" Christa asked the flustered female. "You seem like you can't carry all of it."

@Minerva @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Yun Lee @MedicalBay

It didn't help that it reminded her of the countless nights she stayed by her mother's side, the only family she truly had left since the vanishing of her father. Alone and regulated to school, facing discrimination from her Chinese heritage, Mika was grown in an interesting dilemma. The gamer could hold fast, regulated to the lull of school and bigotry alike, hoping that her mother's situation would improve. Or, as evidence by her sitting in the medical bay, risk everything and anything to achieve enough prosperity to ensure normalcy. Even in such a distant future, the song of poverty and pain remains all the same.

"I'm sick...c-can't sleep...nightmares," she rasped from underneath her portable game device, raising up her head. With the hood of her hoodie dropping a little, the light-haired brunette sniffled, pink eyes fluttering weakly. A certain paleness struck into her skin, a common sign of the inflicted. Slowly arising, Mika kept her makeshift bandage over her thumb, the mysterious prick of the needle having ceased bleeding, leaving a dried gash. Lightly coughing, the teenager stuffed the game device into the pockets of her school hoodie, dusting off her traditional school skirt.

Dragging her feet to the bench, the fatigued programmer hiccuped, reaching to sent a quick email to the Captain. In the back of her mind, the gamer could already hear Haruki berating the young girl for not manning her station, knowing she was one of the few to be able to coordinate the ship's technical systems all together.

Doctor Park nodded. "Alright... Well, could I get your name first? It's just procedure." Suyong didn't know the girl's past. She didn't know of the discrimination or hate she had gone through. Suyong just treated people as they came. "I'll see what I can do about the nightmares. Are they recurring?" She asked calmly.

QNELJWg.png

8X6k9g8.png

z2836fa.png

"..."

Doctor Park looked up from the patient at nurse Goto. "No, no, it's fine. We have been a bit understaffed lately. We can use all the hands we can get." She felt bad for the girl. She tried her hardest, and always felt like she wasn't fit for the job. She just wanted to give the girl a hug sometimes. "And no, you're not interrupting anything. I'm just with a patient."

Four months on this ship, Christa thought to herself as she took as glance at the calendar hung upon the wall in her Living Quarter. Jeez it's already been four months?

Christa didn't really pay attention to the compelling speech that was blaring over the intercom. In fact, she was too busy listening to the music that was being passed through her earphones as she laid on her bed for the past hour or so. It's not like she much to do right now, since Christa doesn't work at her post till later in the day, so for now, she decided to take a break and have a wander around the spaceship to stretch her legs.

"Speaking of which, I should probably check up with Suyong and see what she's up to." She muttered to herself, and quickly put on a pair of black converse shoes, before making her way down to the Medical Bay.

"Ayy what's up sis?" Christa immediately greeted to Suyong after the automatic door to the Medical Bay slid open, not realising she had accidentally interrupted a meeting. "Just wanna see what you are up to!"

She noticed that Suyong had a pair of headphones on her head, prompting the older sister to ask, "Oh whatcha listening to?" Christa perked her ears up a bit, before picking up some noise that was leaking out of the headphone, and immediately rolled her eyes in amusement when she realised what the music was.

"Really, classical music?" Christa then went in for a side hug. "Come on, classical music is so outdated. You should really keep up with the times."

She then poked her tongue out to tease her little sister again, before patting her on the shoulder. "Alright, alright I'm gonna head off now, I'll catch up with you later."

Just as Christa was about to leave, an anxious lady stumbled inside the room. Noticing the huge pile of first-aid kits in her arms, Christa quickly stepped out of the way to avoid crashing into her. However, it seemed like the girl had already crashed into something before :|||

"Um...do you need help with carrying the first-aid kits?" Christa asked the flustered female. "You seem like you can't carry all of it."

And... there was Christa. Suyong's estranged sister had come in almost every day like clockwork. Mainly just to say hello. Today, she criticized the choice of work music. "It's calming, Christa." She said. "Especially Erik Satie. I play it for a calming environment." When her sister announced she was leaving, Suyong nodded. "Alright, I will see you this afternoon. Have a great morning.

She turned back to Mika. "Alright, sorry about that. Just had to straighten some things out."

@Yun Lee @Medical Bay

For a moment, Jin almost seemed to freeze up as the man nodded to him. He hadn't expected to be asked any sorts of question by the man, just a gruff response of some kind before moving on. Almost like a deer in the headlights, the young man seemed almost scared of the stranger before returning the nod, "Oh, uh, nice to meet you. I'm Jin Tajiri."

"If you're on duty, why are you looking for me? Shouldn't you be investigating more guys on the ground, Jo?" Jin countered with a jab and a smile, waving off the rather forceful pat on the shoulder while also noting what his brother had said. Nothing exciting, of course. God forbid something that brightens up their day would happen.

Rolling his shoulder to ease the ache that Jo had caused in it with his pat (had his brother always been that strong), Jin waited for the new guy to walk away before turning to go as well, needing to get back to checking the storage. However, he froze once again as his brother saw through his cheerful demeanor and spoke up.

"One hundred and twenty days exactly, brother, and exactly one hundred and fifty days left," After a moment, he released a sigh, either out of tiredness over their continual, seemingly endless journey through the stars or just out of agitation about being reminded of that fact. When he turned his head back though, none of his apprehension and despair over the length of the quest through the stars appeared in his smile. A fabrication of falsified joy, the dull beam was his attempt at laying to rest his brother's unease and concerns, "And what do you mean? We're traveling through the stars, pioneering a new path for all of humanity! How could I not love this, being able to go beyond what our ancestors could ever imagine?"

The artificial sweetness of his excited tone was almost sickening.​
"If you're going to lie, you could at least do it convincingly."

Melissa Mibu, another of the archaeologists on the ship, had elected to assist in the sorting of inventory aboard the Sagittarius after completely ignoring the captain's ridiculous message of the day. Unlike the more cynical Jin, however, she had seemed to actually rather enjoy their voyage through the stars and unknown. She wore a slight frown as she rested her hands on her hips, looking him straight in the eyes as they were about the same height.

"I do hope that you do at least take our job seriously, Mr. Tajiri."

She seemed to completely ignore the fact that there were, in fact, two Mr. Tajiris here.
z2836fa.png

"..."

As she berated Jin, though, she noticed an unnaturally still girl standing around inside the room. Curious, she decided to approach the strange female.

"Excuse me. What exactly is your business here?"

@Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Storage​

"Four Months"

"War is upon us."

melancholy11-2.jpg

"And how was I today?"

mx2RXEq.png

Hot Spots:

Cast
@Krieg as Mika Sikou
@Bomb as Uta Komiya
@Verite as John Smith
@Atomyk as Alec Boulton
@Jeremi as Daren Masih
@york as Anna Amherst
@Kaykay as Melissa Mibu
@Takumi as Luka Sinclair

Lauren blinked as she heard the intercom announcement from their captain conclude. Sure, her sight had been blinded for as long as she could remember from birth, her sense of hearing had been what she relied on all her life. As good as her hearing was compared to others, Lauren could've sworn that she heard some things, but maybe because that intercom is pretty loud whenever the captain talks into it like that that her head starts making her hear things.

Once it was over, the girl would squeeze her grip on her cousin's hand for a moment, as if to get the other girl's attention.

"Hey... Anna, do you think we can try volunteering again? I know that... it didn't go so well last time, but we can try our best again."

@york
Anna Amherst
@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Others?

Though it had been around 121 days on the ship already... Anna still felt a little alienated from the others around her, but she could hardly blame those around her for this. It was perhaps... A force of habbit more than anything; there was rarely a place she felt like she completely belonged, and well, alot of the time, she felt like she just couldn't ever catch a break from the constant moving around. This probably wasn't helped by her family often pressuring her (more like guilt tripping her) into performing various tasks, often resulting in her traveling alot.

However, ever since she had been helping her Cousin out, that feeling has slowly begun to fade away, granted she still had her fair share of places to go... With the responsibilities that came with taking care of her cousin, came the need to hang around her often, which meant that her family couldn't pressure her into doing much else, considering how much time out of her day this often takes.

Since this was far from the first time she had heard the ship Captain speak, she was only half listening, but all the same... Anna caught the most important details; they had another day of leisure. As she was pondering where to go from here, she felt a sudden squeeze on her hand, coming from Lauren, her Cousin, asking if they should try volunteering again. She paused, taking a moment to think; the ship Captain did say that some of them needed to get to work, otherwise they'd all be punished.

She gulped a little; whatever punishment awaited them if no-one volunteered at all couldn't be good... And, she figured a surefire way they could avoid that was to volunteer herself, with... Her Cousin of course, even if, deep down, she wasn't so confident this time around, given what happened last time.

Nevertheless, she put on a brave face, trying to smile courageously as she finally spoke.

"Oh! Um... Sure! Second time's the charm, right?" She said, trying to sound as confident as possible.

Wait a minute, that phrase didn't feel right... It was... Third time's the charm, not the second time... Anna winced a little upon realizing this, fortunately Lauren wouldn't be able to pick up on this, or at least that's what Anna hoped.

In either case though, she was ready to lead the way to the Social Center as soon as her Cousin was good to go... I mean, what's the worst that could happen?​

Last edited:
QNELJWg.png

8X6k9g8.png

z2836fa.png

"..."

Luka stared at the screen before him, pondering which job he should do today. Luckily, they sounded easy enough. Sorting felt like easy ground, no heavy lifting was needed most likely, and whatever was needed in the Medical Bay probably wasn't so hard either. It just came to a matter of where he should go.

After a moment of thought he headed to Storage, hoping that there wouldn't be any needs for heavy lifting or anything. Then again it was sorting so there was a good chance it wasn't needed.

Besides, it wasn't like he'd be working alone, there were bound to be at least two or three others, right?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Storage

Melissa Mibu, another of the archaeologists on the ship, had elected to assist in the sorting of inventory aboard the Sagittarius after completely ignoring the captain's ridiculous message of the day. Unlike the more cynical Jin, however, she had seemed to actually rather enjoy their voyage through the stars and unknown. She wore a slight frown as she rested her hands on her hips, looking him straight in the eyes as they were about the same height.

She seemed to completely ignore the fact that there were, in fact, two Mr. Tajiris here.

As she berated Jin, though, she noticed an unnaturally still girl standing around inside the room. Curious, she decided to approach the strange female.

@Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Storage​
"L-Lying? Why would I ever do that, ma'am?"

Jin almost seemed to shrink under the woman's gaze, nervously biting his lip as his eyes widened in shock. Of course Mibu would show up and question him, telling him to focus on the job ahead, just like Jo would worry and fret over him. Of course, he would act like he had done nothing wrong in fronf of his superior, acting or even becoming nervous at her accusations before turning back to his work, trying to forget his boredom by enduring more mundane, monotonous work. All according to routine on this boring voyage through space.

He wasn't even sure if he could truly be nervous anymore, with how often he had faked the emotion. Everything was just routine at this point.

"Of course I'll focus on my work, ma'am! I came here to be an archaeologist, to explore the remains of past civilizations!"

Though there was the occasional variation, just enough to keep him sane. The sudden outburst was no longer false in its enthusiasm, now filled with actual wonder. While his eyes remained focused on the cargo they carried, there was a clear glint of excitement and curiosity in them as they noted the serial numbers of each package. As if his sight was far away from the storage room, he almost seemed to hum with joy as he spoke.

"The place we're going to... It's the unknown, the newest frontier of human expansion. How could I not be excited for that, ma'am?"
QNELJWg.png

8X6k9g8.png

z2836fa.png

"..."

"What the...?"

Where had this stranger come from? Jin checked his records quickly, his eyes skimming for mentions of cyborgs or androids being a part of the cargo. Nothing in his notes mentioned them, meaning the girl probably wasn't one of those... So that left the other possibility.

"Wouldn't a stowaway actually hide from us?" The volunteer asked aloud to no one in particular before shaking his head, "Either way, Jo, you might want to call this one in. Four months of being hidden from sight is something the captain probably needs to know."

How lax was security around here?

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Doctor Park smiled as Daniel walled in. She adjusted her sleeve, and looked up from her desk. "Morning, Daniel." She said. "Oh, we're running low on antibiotics. Do you think you can synthesize some later? Just some Penicillin and Amoxicillin will be fine." She asked as she picked up a file folder from the table.

When Mika walked in, Doctor Park smiled. The woman made her way over to the girl. "Hello." She said. "I'm Medical Director Park. What do you need today?" She said in a happy tone. "I'll be with you in a moment. If you could please make your way over to the bench." She said, pointing to a bench/bed like a doctor's office usually had. It would suit for now unless she needed a bed. But Doctor Park would cross that bridge when she came to it.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Medical Bay

QNELJWg.png

8X6k9g8.png

z2836fa.png

"..."

Elias let out a sigh as the captain finished her speech. When he had first met her, he found the captain to be a somewhat entertaining personality, but after a few weeks of daily speeches he was starting to get tired of her unique sense of humor. The speeches eventually become quite annoying to him, but now he had learned to tune them out, only paying attention to whatever he thought was important.

Since he was taking a considerable amount of time off from school to be an intern on the Sagittarius III, Elias made sure not to waste his precious time and tried his best to continue his archaeology studies using whatever books he could find in the ship's library. Four months of near constant reading had begun to take its toll on the young student, however, and he decided that it was about time for a break. He got up off of his bed in the Living Quarters, put down the book he had been reading before the captain's speech, and began to head towards the Social Center to find a job to do, his dark sunglasses shielding his blue eyes from the bright lights in the halls.

On his way to the Social Center, Elias passed by a few of the other passengers on the ship, and began to think about how he hardly got to know the other people there. He had been so wrapped up in his studies and now he realized that he hardly even knew anyone else's name. That's a problem for another day, he thought, and put it out of his mind. For now, his only objective was finding some work to do.

Upon his arrival at the Social Center, Elias headed straight for the work board, where he found a young woman around his age looking over the job listings. Not in the mood for a conversation, the blonde student kept a fair distance from her, but he followed her gaze to the screen. He read the job descriptions posted, and frowned slightly, disappointed at the options presented. After a few moments of deliberation, he decided that he would rather do more mindless work like sorting and made up his mind to help out in the Storage Room.

Elias turned toward the room's exit and left the Social Center as quickly as he came, secretly thankful that his sunglasses blocked any eye contact between him and the other people standing around the room. Without a word, he began to head toward the Storage Room to help out with whatever he could.

Doctor Park nodded. "Alright... Well, could I get your name first? It's just procedure." Suyong didn't know the girl's past. She didn't know of the discrimination or hate she had gone through. Suyong just treated people as they came. "I'll see what I can do about the nightmares. Are they recurring?" She asked calmly.

Doctor Park looked up from the patient at nurse Goto. "No, no, it's fine. We have been a bit understaffed lately. We can use all the hands we can get." She felt bad for the girl. She tried her hardest, and always felt like she wasn't fit for the job. She just wanted to give the girl a hug sometimes. "And no, you're not interrupting anything. I'm just with a patient."

And... there was Christa. Suyong's estranged sister had come in almost every day like clockwork. Mainly just to say hello. Today, she criticized the choice of work music. "It's calming, Christa." She said. "Especially Erik Satie. I play it for a calming environment." When her sister announced she was leaving, Suyong nodded. "Alright, I will see you this afternoon. Have a great morning.

She turned back to Mika. "Alright, sorry about that. Just had to straighten some things out."

@Yun Lee @Medical Bay

Luka stared at the screen before him, pondering which job he should do today. Luckily, they sounded easy enough. Sorting felt like easy ground, no heavy lifting was needed most likely, and whatever was needed in the Medical Bay probably wasn't so hard either. It just came to a matter of where he should go.

After a moment of thought he headed to Storage, hoping that there wouldn't be any needs for heavy lifting or anything. Then again it was sorting so there was a good chance it wasn't needed.

Besides, it wasn't like he'd be working alone, there were bound to be at least two or three others, right?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Storage

"L-Lying? Why would I ever do that, ma'am?"

Jin almost seemed to shrink under the woman's gaze, nervously biting his lip as his eyes widened in shock. Of course Mibu would show up and question him, telling him to focus on the job ahead, just like Jo would worry and fret over him. Of course, he would act like he had done nothing wrong in fronf of his superior, acting or even becoming nervous at her accusations before turning back to his work, trying to forget his boredom by enduring more mundane, monotonous work. All according to routine on this boring voyage through space.

He wasn't even sure if he could truly be nervous anymore, with how often he had faked the emotion. Everything was just routine at this point.

"Of course I'll focus on my work, ma'am! I came here to be an archaeologist, to explore the remains of past civilizations!"

Though there was the occasional variation, just enough to keep him sane. The sudden outburst was no longer false in its enthusiasm, now filled with actual wonder. While his eyes remained focused on the cargo they carried, there was a clear glint of excitement and curiosity in them as they noted the serial numbers of each package. As if his sight was far away from the storage room, he almost seemed to hum with joy as he spoke.

"The place we're going to... It's the unknown, the newest frontier of human expansion. How could I not be excited for that, ma'am?"

"What the...?"

Where had this stranger come from? Jin checked his records quickly, his eyes skimming for mentions of cyborgs or androids being a part of the cargo. Nothing in his notes mentioned them, meaning the girl probably wasn't one of those... So that left the other possibility.

"Wouldn't a stowaway actually hide from us?" The volunteer asked aloud to no one in particular before shaking his head, "Either way, Jo, you might want to call this one in. Four months of being hidden from sight is something the captain probably needs to know."

How lax was security around here?

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Hearing his superior's instructions, Daniel nodded. "I'll get started on it right away." He was more than happy to, really, watching the pitiful display of the clumsy nurse and lax DJ. Really, how pathetic this ship's passengers were! No one took anything seriously! Oh, if only he were in charge...the inferior humans would be nowhere to be found on his ship. If Captain Suzumiya wanted to do something right for once, she should jettison these lowlifes before they did any damage.

As Dr. Park remarked on their low staff, Daniel raised an eyebrow. Ophelia, he refused to have work to much. He stressed that her health was the issue, and it was-he would let nothing keep his research from being hindered in any way. Besides, he was more than capable of...helping others. Only as a last resort. He wasn't that kind of doctor.

@Minerva @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @MedBay
--------------

Well, assisting in the Med Bay was out of the question. Her father wouldn't allow it, and if he saw her if SM+ backfired...things could get very bad. Which is why for this experiment, Ophelia would go to help in Storage, the perfect job to test stamina enhancement.

As she arrived, she noticed other people were already milling about. They looked capable, really, and she envied them. Why couldn't any of this damned medicine work? She'd been taking it for years! Resentment aside for now, Ophelia, not one for small talk, went straight to the managers. "I'd like to volunteer please.."
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @The Tactician @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Storage

QNELJWg.png

8X6k9g8.png

z2836fa.png

"..."

Daren made a habit out of always saying hello to everyone he met coming down the hallway. A happy crew was an effective crew after all. At the Social Center he didn't find any familiar faces outright, but that didn't stop him to continue saying hello to everyone.

He went to check the job request board for potential work. Medical...no that wasn't really his forte...storage area? Well anyone could pick up boxes! With a smile he made his way towards the storage area.

Soon enough Daren had made his way to the storage area. "Hello everyone." He beamed as he entered. "I'm so happy to see so many people helping out one another here. Speaking of which I'd gladly get my own hands dirty in some labor! In fact I'm reminded of Ephesian 4:28; doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need."

Ah yes the bible quotes...those came out at least once a day. "I slightly paraphrased it, because in the original it starts about stealing but that wasn't really important, much like me explaining it isn't really important so I guess I'll let my actions speak instead, yeah?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @The Tactician @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Storage

Daren made a habit out of always saying hello to everyone he met coming down the hallway. A happy crew was an effective crew after all. At the Social Center he didn't find any familiar faces outright, but that didn't stop him to continue saying hello to everyone.

He went to check the job request board for potential work. Medical...no that wasn't really his forte...storage area? Well anyone could pick up boxes! With a smile he made his way towards the storage area.

Soon enough Daren had made his way to the storage area. "Hello everyone." He beamed as he entered. "I'm so happy to see so many people helping out one another here. Speaking of which I'd gladly get my own hands dirty in some labor! In fact I'm reminded of Ephesian 4:28; doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need."

Ah yes the bible quotes...those came out at least once a day. "I slightly paraphrased it, because in the original it starts about stealing but that wasn't really important, much like me explaining it isn't really important so I guess I'll let my actions speak instead, yeah?"

--------------

Well, assisting in the Med Bay was out of the question. Her father wouldn't allow it, and if he saw her if SM+ backfired...things could get very bad. Which is why for this experiment, Ophelia would go to help in Storage, the perfect job to test stamina enhancement.

As she arrived, she noticed other people were already milling about. They looked capable, really, and she envied them. Why couldn't any of this damned medicine work? She'd been taking it for years! Resentment aside for now, Ophelia, not one for small talk, went straight to the managers. "I'd like to volunteer please.."

The quiet female would look up at Melissa when she approached. "Nothing," she answered, her voice monotonous and uninterested. She looked past Melissa, almost seeming as if she didn't care that anyone had spoken to her in the first place. Without explaining herself, she then walked over to one of the many crates of supplies and opened it, beginning to dig through its contents. Apparently the stow away wasn't the only one breaking rules. It didn't appear as if she had any authority to do this, but she didn't seem to care.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @The Tactician @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Storage

Perfect.

"Thanks."

"Yeah."

"Thanks."

"Yeah."

Lively indeed.

Derek stood there somewhat awkwardly in the Command Station, standing before the crew themselves. It was a strange feeling being here in this room. Normally this room would be off limits to anyone who wasn't a member of the crew, then again...nothing about this cruise was necessarily normal.

It appeared that Derek was in a trance, either that or he was spaced out. The crow on his shoulder, which he had named Tenebris turned it's head to face him. It started chittering before it nipped at Derek, snapping him out of his trance.

"Oh! Um yes....I was actually wondering.. which one of you would I talk to if I wished to work on the ship?" He asked.

@Verite
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Harsh," Daisuke commented with a small chuckle when John would give his opinions and Miss Suzumiya's sense. "But I have to disagree with you. If she were completely senseless, I doubt she would've picked someone like you to aide her. There were plenty of other people she could've chosen." He paused, a teasing smile crossing his lips. "Or perhaps she chose you for other reasons. The two of you wouldn't happen to be close, would you?"

"I'm only kidding."

Or was he?

"She's chosen more sensible people than just yourself. After all, we do have Lieutenant Cho and," he paused to place a hand lightly on his own chest. "Myself, of course."

After teasing John for a spell, Daisuke turned to address their guest again. "You'd like to work on the ship, huh? Well, you could always do one of the job requests found in the Social Center. Or are you looking for a more permanent position? If so, you've come to the right place. You're welcome to speak with Mr. Smith, Mr. Cho, and myself about about what kind of work you're looking for."

"EHEM!"

"O-Oh, and the Captain. You can always talk to the Captain too."

@Verite @Nater Taters @CommandStation

Last edited by a moderator:

Anna Amherst
@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Others?

Though it had been around 121 days on the ship already... Anna still felt a little alienated from the others around her, but she could hardly blame those around her for this. It was perhaps... A force of habbit more than anything; there was rarely a place she felt like she completely belonged, and well, alot of the time, she felt like she just couldn't ever catch a break from the constant moving around. This probably wasn't helped by her family often pressuring her (more like guilt tripping her) into performing various tasks, often resulting in her traveling alot.

However, ever since she had been helping her Cousin out, that feeling has slowly begun to fade away, granted she still had her fair share of places to go... With the responsibilities that came with taking care of her cousin, came the need to hang around her often, which meant that her family couldn't pressure her into doing much else, considering how much time out of her day this often takes.

Since this was far from the first time she had heard the ship Captain speak, she was only half listening, but all the same... Anna caught the most important details; they had another day of leisure. As she was pondering where to go from here, she felt a sudden squeeze on her hand, coming from Lauren, her Cousin, asking if they should try volunteering again. She paused, taking a moment to think; the ship Captain did say that some of them needed to get to work, otherwise they'd all be punished.

She gulped a little; whatever punishment awaited them if no-one volunteered at all couldn't be good... And, she figured a surefire way they could avoid that was to volunteer herself, with... Her Cousin of course, even if, deep down, she wasn't so confident this time around, given what happened last time.

Nevertheless, she put on a brave face, trying to smile courageously as she finally spoke.

"Oh! Um... Sure! Second time's the charm, right?" She said, trying to sound as confident as possible.

Wait a minute, that phrase didn't feel right... It was... Third time's the charm, not the second time... Anna winced a little upon realizing this, fortunately Lauren wouldn't be able to pick up on this, or at least that's what Anna hoped.

In either case though, she was ready to lead the way to the Social Center as soon as her Cousin was good to go... I mean, what's the worst that could happen?​

QNELJWg.png

At the ship's Social Center, Anna would find the job requests board accessible from any of the computers in the area. There, she would be able to see what volunteer jobs were available for the day.

@york @SocialCenter

@Yun Lee @Medical Bay
Hearing his superior's instructions, Daniel nodded. "I'll get started on it right away." He was more than happy to, really, watching the pitiful display of the clumsy nurse and lax DJ. Really, how pathetic this ship's passengers were! No one took anything seriously! Oh, if only he were in charge...the inferior humans would be nowhere to be found on his ship. If Captain Suzumiya wanted to do something right for once, she should jettison these lowlifes before they did any damage.

As Dr. Park remarked on their low staff, Daniel raised an eyebrow. Ophelia, he refused to have work to much. He stressed that her health was the issue, and it was-he would let nothing keep his research from being hindered in any way. Besides, he was more than capable of...helping others. Only as a last resort. He wasn't that kind of doctor.

[COLOR=#a692a6]@Minerva[/COLOR] [COLOR=#a692a6]@Klutzy Ninja Kitty[/COLOR] [COLOR=#a692a6]@Krieg[/COLOR] @MedBay

Poor flustered Yuko let out a massive sigh of relief when Dr. Park. "R-Really? You're not mad?" The girl sighed again, before glancing down at the first-aid kits in her arms. "I'm glad. Ummm, since you're not busy can you tell me where these go? I found them lying out. I think the nurse on duty last night forgot to put them away..." The poor dear had been there for four months had she still didn't remember where things went.

She turned to Christa afterwards, offering the young woman a sweet smile. "Would you really? That would be a big help. Thank you," she said, offering a few of the first-aid kits to her. Before she could hand them over, however, the girl would find herself spooked by a scream outside of the medial bay. Yuko flinched and gasped in response, causing herself to yet again spill the objects onto the floor. "Wh-What was that!?"

@Minerva @Krieg @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @MedicalBay

Status
Not open for further replies.