Illusion Game II: School Daze

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.. made Vivi's smile she'd shown towards Minori mere minutes ago return. It was a diamond in the rust; something nobody ever really got to see if they did it all. Hell, she couldn't remember the last time she'd really smiled, before today... If she ever had. Though, she did falter slightly, looking down and biting her lip. She did deserve what she had... She deserved worse, in her mind. That was what her parents had made her believe.

"..How.. H-how did you... H-how did you f-find o-out, a-anyways..?"

@BarrenThin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Find out about what...? The abuse? Well, I saw some things that kinda pointed me in that direction. We'll deal with your parents when I get you out of here, okay? Then you and Brian can hang around with me and my family as long as you like... or go out on your own. Whichever you prefer."

@Hospes

"We have less than a minute left, I don't think we can pull off that plan of yours and Logan's in time," James pointed out as he took a look at the bracelet on his wrist, and giving a curious look at Aaron

@The Silver Paladin

Continued from here.

CHAPTER TWO
"Marked for Death"

As the timer on your watches finally counted down to the final seconds, you all waited in anticipation to found out what would happen to Takuro, the unlucky player with the most votes.

0:03

0:02

0:01

0:00

The display on the bracelets changed to single numbers. 3 for everyone who voted and 1 for those who did not. Takuro's was the only unique display, for his bracelet now displayed a skull.

3JoDtOW.png

No one's sure what that means, but eventually the television displays turn on, and the digitally altered voice is heard over the intercom. "That's the mark of death," the Overseer explained. "It's only a matter of time for that one. Don't worry about the numbers on your bracelets for now-- I've made it possible for you to escape the gymnasium. Seek the number one."

With that, the Overseer was done.

"Seek a number one?" Deanna asked loudly. "What does that even mean? This is stupid!" The girl ineffectively stomped the ground.

Damien moved to get Mr. Wilson's attention. "What about that box, sir...?"

oSrmFxH.png

Everything inside the blue is available to you!

The students initially try to move through the three exits, but heavy metal sheeting has been installed to block them all off. The door to Classroom 110-3 has the number 6 painted on it, but it doesn't budge. The sheeting in the hallway to the left of this classroom displays a painted 4, but doesn't seem to budge either. The door to the Staff room displays a painted 5, and also does not budge. All other doors and exits are completely blocked.

Continued here.

~CAST LIST~
@The Tactician as Kisho Taniyama [Computer Applications and Programming Teacher] 3 BP
@TheColourlessRainbow as Bryan Stark [Student] 1 BP
@BarrenThin as Logan Wilson [Physical Education Teacher] 3 BP
@TheBombMan as Umeko Moe [Student] 3 BP
@Mirage as Kumiko Kurumi [Student] 1 BP
@Hospes as Viviette Anya Stark [Student] 3 BP
@york as Avia Taniyama [Physical Education Teacher] 1 BP
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Minori Chihara [Student] 3 BP
@Emperor of Gallifrey as Jason "Jay" Cortez Wilson [Student] 3 BP
@Gummi Bunnies as James Lancaster [Student] 3 BP
@Mighty Roman as Simon Black [Student] 3 BP
@DapperDogman as Kei Eba [Student] 3 BP
@Jeremi as LuAnn Lewis [Home Economics Teacher] 1 BP
@FireDrake150 as Scott Miller [Communications Technology Teacher] 3 BP
@Josh M as Annette De La Rose [Guidance Counselor] 1 BP
@Wedge Antilles as Tom Swanson [Student] 3 BP
@Mari as Anna Collins [Student] 3 BP
@Dinoteen as Thaneo Tesseract [Head Cafeteria Boss] 1 BP
@The Silver Paladin as Aaron White [Student] 3 BP
@Nassi as Anouk Cross [Student] 1 BP
@Meira as Meira Franz [Student] 3 BP
@theryanjake11 as Takuro Kennedy [Student] MARKED FOR DEATH
@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Adrian Jacobs [Student] 1 BP
@Proxymoron as Ilse Althaus Brandt [Student] 1 BP
@Thuro Pendragon as Michelle Kile [Student] 1 BP
@Brother Gabriel as Jacky Robertson [Student] NON-PLAYER

Last edited:
Continued from here.

CHAPTER TWO
"Marked for Death"

As the timer on your watches finally counted down to the final seconds, you all waited in anticipation to found out what would happen to Takuro, the unlucky player with the most votes.

The display on the bracelets changed to single numbers. 3 for everyone who voted and 1 for those who did not. Takuro's was the only unique display, for his bracelet now displayed a skull.

3JoDtOW.png

No one's sure what that means, but eventually the television displays turn on, and the digitally altered voice is heard over the intercom. "That's the mark of death," the Overseer explained. "It's only a matter of time for that one. Don't worry about the numbers on your bracelets for now-- I've made it possible for you to escape the gymnasium. Seek the number one."

"Seek a number one?" Deanna asked loudly. "What does that even mean? This is stupid!" The girl ineffectively stomped the ground.

~CAST LIST~
@The Tactician as Kisho Taniyama [Computer Applications and Programming Teacher] 3 BP
@Josh M as Annette De La Rose [Guidance Councillor] 1 BP
@Brother Gabriel as Jacky Robertson [Student] 1 BP

Logan looked up from Viviette. "I'll be back, okay? Stay safe." With that, he stood. "Let's try again." Logan checked the box from earlier to see if anything had changed.

@Atomyk
@Hospes

Continued from here.

CHAPTER TWO
"Marked for Death"

3JoDtOW.png

~CAST LIST~
"Seek the number one..." James mumbled, trying to wrap his head around that hint as if there was some sort of hidden clue in those words.

"... looks like I'll be heading on ahead," James spoke with a loud enough for everybody else to hear before he goes to head out of the gymnasium.

@anybody willing to follow him​

"Seek the number one..." James mumbled, trying to wrap his head around that hint as if there was some sort of hidden clue in those words.

"... looks like I'll be heading on ahead," James spoke with a loud enough for everybody else to hear before he goes to head out of the gymnasium.

@anybody willing to follow him​
You'll find that the doors are still unfortunately locked!

@Gummi Bunnies

Reactions: BarrenThin
Continued from here.

CHAPTER TWO
"Marked for Death"

3JoDtOW.png

~CAST LIST~

Aaron turned from James. "Seek the Number One? When we were thinking of escape plans, there was a box with a one on it. Could that be it?" He noticed Logan was getting up, so he ran to him. "Could the Box be the Number one?" Aaron asked the Gym teacher.

@BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies

Logan looked up from Viviette. "I'll be back, okay? Stay safe." With that, he stood. "Let's try again." Logan checked the box from earlier to see if anything had changed.

@Atomyk
@Hospes
Nothing had changed about the box itself, but as you approached it, the display on your bracelet changes to--

QUOTA FILLED

The box opens with a click. Inside is a briefcase.

"Gymnasium Storage unlocked," says a digital voice over the intercom. This one sounds slightly different than the Overseer's voice.

"Holy shit!" cried Damien. "Good job, Mr. Wilson!"​

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"Find out about what...? The abuse? Well, I saw some things that kinda pointed me in that direction. We'll deal with your parents when I get you out of here, okay? Then you and Brian can hang around with me and my family as long as you like... or go out on your own. Whichever you prefer."

@Hospes
She cringed slightly at even the mention of abuse, shrinking up. The fact that he'd seen the scars was.. Extremely embarrassing, among defeating. Years of hiding that all would be going to waste, if anyone else had seen.. But at least Logan was the one she could trust the most, out of everyone at the school. Or, at least, she hoped he was. But the mention of her parents brought her level of panic to a whole new level.

"No!" she immediately replied, starting to tremble again. Though, she quickly realized how riled up over it she must've seemed, and shook her head, speaking more softly. "I mean.. N-no, I.. I-I don't want to. I-.. I n-never want to s-see them a-again," she stated, trying to breathe normally again. Once she managed(with the help of a puff from her inhaler she'd helped Minori use minutes ago) this, she tried to continue. "I... I really don't know if I c-can a-accept.. I-I'd just be a b-bother.."

@BarrenThin

Meira
"Don't make me laugh. Seriously. Don't. I... I can't laugh right now." Heavy breathing and a tight chest. Her mouth tasted like iron. Her heart had a problem, and thankfully she had calmed down in time. "... I voted for someone." Yup. She had to say that. "... You should vote too."

@Wedge Antilles

Whatever makes her feel better, Tom thought as he laughed along. "Yeah, I already voted, I guess you did too. Thanks for reminding me though."

@Meira

Nothing had changed about the box itself, but as you approached it, the display on your bracelet changes to--

QUOTA FILLED

The box opens with a click. Inside is a briefcase.

"Gymnasium Storage unlocked," says a digital voice over the intercom. This one sounds slightly different than the Overseer's voice.

"Holy shit!" cried Damien. "Good job, Mr. Wilson!"​

Logan nodded confusedly before taking the briefcase out and opening it.

@Atomyk

~Flashback~

She cringed slightly at even the mention of abuse, shrinking up. The fact that he'd seen the scars was.. Extremely embarrassing, among defeating. Years of hiding that all would be going to waste, if anyone else had seen.. But at least Logan was the one she could trust the most, out of everyone at the school. Or, at least, she hoped he was. But the mention of her parents brought her level of panic to a whole new level.

"No!" she immediately replied, starting to tremble again. Though, she quickly realized how riled up over it she must've seemed, and shook her head, speaking more softly. "I mean.. N-no, I.. I-I don't want to. I-.. I n-never want to s-see them a-again," she stated, trying to breathe normally again. Once she managed(with the help of a puff from her inhaler she'd helped Minori use minutes ago) this, she tried to continue. "I... I really don't know if I c-can a-accept.. I-I'd just be a b-bother.."

@BarrenThin

"A bother? No. Never. I always wanted more kids, you see? But then my wife... passed. You'd just be the daughter and second son I wanted anyways. Still, I won't make you do anything."

@Hospes

Viviette just smiled faintly, looking away shyly. "I-it's really no p-problem.. It was just the r-right th-thing to d-do.." she assured, sheepishly. The thought Viviette had actually accomplished something noble or praiseworthy was quite laughable, to the Stark girl. It was definitely nice to be thanked, for once, though.. No one had ever really thanked her for anything, before; and it felt good. Even if the attention was intimidating...

But the smile was what felt the best.

She hadn't seen it before, even with the times she'd run into Minori. It was nice, to see it for once... To have brought it about. It felt great. Though, the squeeze of her hand caused Viviette's pale features to become dusted red once again, and she seemed even more flustered, nervous, and sheepish. Touch.. Wasn't something she was used to. And she didn't know if it was more terrifying, stress-evoking, or.. pleasant.

Probably the former.

Admittedly, Vivi was surprised that Minori actually cared to explain her thanks. Viviette had assumed that, like any other person probably would(considering Vivi was the one that had helped), she would simply get up and walk away like nothing had happened. But hey; learning things was one of few things Vivi had managed to enjoy, despite the minuscule fear of it. So it was nice. She managed a slight smile back, though she couldn't keep eye contact for more than a few seconds. "I, err.. Y-yeah, I t-totally g-get wh-where you're c-coming from.. I don't have asthma, but I.. I-.." she seemed to struggle to get it out, but finally managed. "I, uhh.. I-I get p-panic attacks.. They're ch-chronic. I h-hyperventilate o-often, so I'm supposed to c-carry one.." she explained. She'd meant to admit her omniphobia, but she couldn't.

After this, she was fairly glad Minori got off of her lap.. Solely because the touch was, while surprisingly pleasant, extremely terrifying to her, still. Hopefully, she'd manage to get over it soon.. She was so tired of being afraid..​

If Viviette had been shocked by Minori thanking her... It had nothing on the words that just came out of Logan's mouth. She blinked slowly, heart beating faster, before opening and closing her mouth helplessly. She didn't know whether she was more shocked that he was proposing(what she believed to be) adopting her and her brother, that he had figured out that they'd run away from home and were barely getting by, or both. Probably the latter. And how did he know her life had been hard..?

She had so many questions.. But couldn't seem to get them out. Nor could she say them all at once.

"..Do you.. D-do you r-really mean th-that...?" she asked, voice a soft whisper. She looked about ready to outright cry.. And, to her complete shock, almost wanted to hug him. Almost... She was still much too scared to try that; even on the only person- only person 'til now, she corrected herself -who seemed to demonstrate any sort of understanding towards her, let alone handle her situations well.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin
Logan noticed her panic and turned back. "Hey... Viviette? I know... er... I think I know, that your life has been hard. But I'm here for you and your brother now, okay? No matter what it takes, I won't let you guys get hurt. I've got a big family. Michelle is like my daughter. Minori here is a good friend of mine. Annette and I are engaged now. Jason's my little boy... oh, sorry. The man I'm proud to know. Why don't you guys be honorary Wilsons?"

@Hospes
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Emperor of Gallifrey
Minori listened to Viviette speak, realizing that with almost everything she said, the girl stammered. She seemed terrified. Was she always this afraid of things? Now that Minori thought about it, she sort of recalled Vivi being timid and afraid, but worse than Minori herself was. It was sad, yet comforting at the same time.

Minori's eyes teared up, however, upon hearing what Logan had to say to them. She said nothing, placing a hand on the ground while gently drawing circles on it with her finger. She wasn't used to having anyone's concern. It felt strange, but honestly nice at the same time. She didn't have a family. Nobody knew that either.

"Y-You aren't a bother though," Minori chimed in after a moment after hearing what Viviette said about herself. "You... saved me... that wasn't bothersome," she said, shyly looking at the ground as she continued to draw circles on it. "But... I might be a bother... I haven't done anything useful..."

Logan nodded confusedly before taking the briefcase out and opening it.

@Atomyk

~Flashback~

"A bother? No. Never. I always wanted more kids, you see? But then my wife... passed. You'd just be the daughter and second son I wanted anyways. Still, I won't make you do anything."

@Hospes

The briefcase is locked, but there appears to be slots to insert keys on both sides of it.

@BarrenThin

This earned a frown from the teacher.

"Sure." With that, he went to check the gym storage for anything useful.

@Atomyk
@The Silver Paladin

Aaron picked up a Mic stand to use as a weapon in case anything attacked them, and followed Logan into the Gym Storage Room. "So, what should we look for in here?"

@TheBombMan

Status
Not open for further replies.