Illusion Game I: The Distraction of the Falling Worlds

• Thread starter TheColourlessRainbow
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
After witnessing the scene in front of her, Emily quickly ran over to Chandler, who was now on the ground. She had no idea what she was going to do if he was badly hurt, but there's no way she could've just left him there. Luckily Neil seemed to be running over as well, maybe he would have some more knowledge on first aid, in case it was necessary.

Emily immediately fell to her knees beside the boy, her eyes wide in panic, her mouth half open in shock, she looked at him, one of her hands on his cheek to gently shake his head. "Chandler? Y-You alright?" she asked him. It didn't take her much longer to notice the boy's bleeding knee. "You're bleeding! You're hurt!" For a moment, Emily moved her hands to the wound, but then stopped, realizing she had no idea what she was supposed to do in this situation. She was still in a bit of a shock, and the sight of blood didn't help to calm her nerves much.

"N-Neil! He's bleeding, he's hurt!" She called out to her newly made friend, her face expressing the definition of panic and worry.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@york

[btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/illusion-game-i-the-distraction-of-the-falling-worlds.104268/page-2#post-2102816]Emily's sign-up sheet[/btn][btn=moda|http://i.gyazo.com/cf36ff478cc3940371923781da94d20e.png]What Emily's wearing[/btn]
Chandler grunted, biting his lower lip as he continued to lay on the ground. He could barely register the sound of a couple people running over to him; the only thing his focus was on for the moment happened to be how badly his knee throbbed. He grabbed his leg, groaning. "Oooh this sucks," he mumbled to himself, not wanting to get up for the moment. Not only did the fall hurt, but it was also embarrassing. He really should've been paying enough attention to notice himself drifting onto the road.

First off, a man arrived next to him, checking to see if Chandler was okay. Afterwards, he could hear Emily's voice also. He flinched lightly when he felt her touch his cheek. "D-Don't worry, I'm okay," he tried to reassure them, taking Neil's hand when it was offered. Instead of using Neil's help to stand up entirely, however, Chandler moved into a sitting position. "I just have a few scratches. I'm sure I'll be fine. I was on my way to the store and I... guess I didn't see that car coming," he admitted, quieter towards the end. Chandler hated to admit when he made a mistake.​
Neil nodded towards Emily upon hearing what she said, he frowned a little as he got closer, pulling him up a little, though as he ended up sitting, despite what the boy said, he had a sneaking suspicion he was perfectly ok, if he was bleeding, that sort of thing should be taken care of as soon as possible. It was unclear what exactly drove him to help, but, he figured why not, he wasn't looking forward to tearing up his clothes, so, instead, he patted down his pockets, he could have sworn he brought a few bandages with him, and, sure enough, there was a roll. The thing wa shalf used, but, it would serve it's purpose nicely, he held it out to Chandler "Here, patch yourself up." he said, though really what he was trying to figure out was if that boy was capable of warpping up his own injuries... Neil figured he would have to help if it were to become immediately obvious that taking care of these injuries wouldn't be such an easy task to accomplish alone.​

"Like everything I say is gospel. #LolaRules. Don't you follow me on Twitter @LolaGurrl? I've got like a million followers." Lola got a cheerful disposition after having said that. She did matter and the people she hanged with was the top of partying and good times. Didn't matter what Melody said. "And like I'm just going to lay down call Marissa, use the tanning booth cause seriously, color is love, and just hang cause I have the place all to myself cause daddy's on a business trip again. It's just like, really awesome."

She'd turn her head towards Melody with a goofy grin on her face. "Like I know you're like a tweener or whatever, but you could like just come over to my place and hang or whatever after your thing. Like it's Christmas and everything so it's kind of a bummer to not spend it with people, you know?" A possible olivebranch? Or just Lola's way to hopefully get someone to her place that wouldn't burn down the house if they used the stove.

@Gummi Bunnies

Prologue: He Whom Slumbers
The ghastly white of snow encircled a small, humble wooden cottage settled snugly in the advancing grasps of an extensive yet dormant woodlands. Upon the front porch of the cottage, a middle-aged man sat, dressed in a formal, Cold-War era business suit. Oddly, the capitalist entrepreneur's face was unnaturally cloaked, only the faint silhouette of his scruffy, tanned lower jaw visible. In the aging man's hands, an even older, single-action revolver pistol rested in his hands. The firearm was but a relic of an era long ago, and as the infamous man twirled the cylinder, hearing the metal twist and churn, he could not recall the last time he had actually shot it. Pulling the hammer of the pistol back, the old man pointed the firearm off into the woodlands surrounding his cottage, squinting his eyes underneath his shadowy cloak as a soft sound hit his eardrums...

Click

Empty, just as the entrepreneur recalled. Arising, Mr. Richard, a prominent yet mysterious business leader of the local region began to quietly leave his humble abode. Holstering the ancient pistol into the flaps of his thick overcoat, the businessman tucked his bare hands into the pockets of his ebony overcoat. Walking solemnly down his driveway, Mr. Richard felt the snow crunching against his leather boots as his unknown gaze caught the bright neon lights of fanatical Christmas joy. Pausing, looking at his visible breath as the snow gathered, the aging enigma kept along his afternoon stroll about the streets of this petite town.

Keeping his head low, the elder passed by two young ladies, speaking of "hashtags" and "followers" of a deluded generation blinded by the false hopes of social interaction. Mr. Richard was no such stranger to it, and had even considered getting a Twitter at one point, but preferred personally the company of himself. Ensuring he was not being rude and walked around the two young women, a soft tune emitted from his lips, which oddly sounded alluringly good. Mr. Richard had once pursued a career in singing, and strangely, he didn't sound like an awkward grandfather reliving the nostalgia of old military hymns. Yet, a bit disturbingly, is tone held a more Gothic approach, rather than the joys of the Christmas melodies filling the atmosphere. Heading towards the Town Hall slowly, Mr. Richard's dark tone followed closely behind him, like a shadow following a shadow.
I forever dream within a dream
Sitting by the lonesome stream.
A raven cawing, a moon shinin'
Waiting for a ray of benign till
Nevermore.

@Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Anyone out on the streets​

A smile curled up on the teen's face, well... it might be a bit better than to distance her crazy-ass family. Sure, they gave her all that she wanted, but maybe that could wait for some time. While her dad was a no-show of an alcoholic, Melody always found her mom to be too much of a deal to handle. To the point where her Mom had branded some roman numeral of "four" on her forehead (forcing her to grow long bangs to cover that embarrassing birthmark) since apparently she was like possibly the fourth child that her mom had, and the only child to not die as a stillborn. But then again, her mom was a practical idiot anyways, so yeah, definitely sounded better to spend Christmas somewhere else for once.

Though, for a brief moment, she did notice that the usually reclusive man, Mr. Richard, happened to pass by them, making his way to the town hall. Then again, she didn't have much business to do with him and the town hall, so she didn't seem to care about that at all.

"You know, makes me wonder why I haven't gotten your Snapchat yet. Like, we need to get that shit together pronto. Besides, my family is crazy shits when it comes to Christmas or holidays in general, so might as well avoid that shitstorm this time around," Melody agreed to hanging out with Lola for the rest of the day. However, she did catch a glimpse of the whole incident of someone almost being run over by a car. While she didn't get a good look on whoever it was, she just thought of them being bloody idiots to be in that situation in the first place.

@Jeremi

Pausing briefly, Richard spotted the metallic behemoth known as Bubba, whom he was briefly acquitted to as the local peacekeeper in this demented, twisted little village. The educated man had made no effort to truly reason it, partially due to his own pressing business operating many clothing departments and a Italian restaurant within this small yet profitable town. Forcing a smile underneath his unnatural veil, the aging entreperneur gently waved back, tipping his iconic hat as he continued along his way. "Good day to you, old chap. Glad to see that tin suit of yours is still fairing, ah?" Richard remarked, chuckling softly as the facade of friendliness hastily collapsed at the presence of Discord, the town's local mayor.

Despite being presumably elected into office by the general census of the people, unless there was some sort of corrupt bargaining occurring behind the sheets, Discord was an odd political leader. He cared not for the people, or if he did, he made obvious attempt to directly help them. Granted, the laissez-faire matter of approaching aid aided the capitalist reaper known as Richard, helping to expand his economic potential and increase overall sales. Not willing to admit it to the public, Mr. Richard had an unsung reputation of ruthlessness when it came to economic struggles, often subsidizing business from afar cities, rigging local stock markets, and providing a sometimes steep price for his monopolized products. So, in a way, outside of Discord's anarchic nature, Mr. Richard would be entitled to like Discord for his incapable nature. Yet, the businessman preferred the ideals of order, one of which Discord was the exact opposite.

"Next time, do let me know when you want to cross between teleportatation rifts, Mr. Discord." the disgruntled, middle-aged man remarked, entering the Town Hall alongside an equally disgruntled Bubba. Sighing heavily, tipping his hat, the embodiment of capitalism's flaws approached a booth serving fine glasses of iced tea and water. Grabbing a glass of tea, so far enjoying the festivities of the Town Hall's party, the 'Hat Man' kept to himself as to be expected. After all, whilst he enjoyed and cared for the protection of these people within his humble town, Mr. Richard was renowned for being a lonesome engima. Certainly a man of a many traits with intentions as ambigious as the universe, the Cold-War attired economist took a nearby seat and simply relaxed at this party, sipping gently on some iced, unsweet tea.

@TheColourlessRainbow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Everyone at party

Still in a panicky state, Emily pulled her hands back and let Chandler sit up with Neil's help. She then nervously played with her own fingers, trying to calm her own mind and assure herself that he was fine. This was taking her quite a while.

As soon as Neil pulled out a roll of bandages and told Chandler to wrap it around his knee, Emily reached out and snatched it out of his hand before Chandler could. "No, he's hurt! I'll do it" she quickly said, unrolling the bandages, then pausing for a while as she stared at Chandler's wound. "... Your pants are in the way..." she said. "... I-I mean, the leg of your pants is in the way. I can't... y'know, wrap this around if... the leg of your pants is in the way..." Her voice grew softer and more quiet as she spoke, until she was completely silent again, with a deep blush on her face, cursing at herself in her head.

Just be cool! Don't look like a sensitive little wimp! she thought to herself. Making herself look weak and sensitive only resulted in being bullied at school, so she decided it might be best to be a bit more assertive than she was being right now. Her sudden change of attitude was pretty obvious, but she wasn't thinking too much about that right now. "... Y-Y'know, it's your own fault! You shoulda watched where you were going!" she barked at Chandler, handing him the bandages. "... You do it."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@york

[btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/illusion-game-i-the-distraction-of-the-falling-worlds.104268/page-2#post-2102816]Emily's sign-up sheet[/btn][btn=moda|http://i.gyazo.com/cf36ff478cc3940371923781da94d20e.png]What Emily's wearing[/btn]

Last edited:
Bubba gave Mr. Richard a slow nod, he has been around long enough to understand the long and complicated phrases that come from the Hat Mans mouth. Bubba raises his hand and gave his metallic suit a few bangs as a sign of sturdiness, making a rather disruptive *CLANG CLANG CLANG* at the party. Bubba had no time for relaxation and festivities, however. Discord is probably planning to drop paint and confetti ontop of everyone or pretend there is a bomb behind the fruit punch, and Bubba is charged of hopefully preventing such tricks. Bubba would patrol about the party, waving and groaning to the guests. Most of the guests stepped aside when Bubba roamed pass, and those who didn't would get shoved aside by the behemoth. Bubba knows he is big, and he knows that alot of these....frail people wouldnt want to try and hurt him and whoever he protects. Even in his patrol around the party, he does sometimes stop and listen in on conversation (and fail to understand it).

@Krieg
@Any partygoers

Reactions: Krieg

And I heard as it were the noise of thunder and one of the four beasts saying, and behold a white horse.

"Mom, dad?" His parents weren't in their home. The car was parked in the driveway and none of their bags were packed. Orel should have found this strange as a Detective, but for some reason he didn't. He instead decided to go looking for them.
He exited the building and looked around. Maybe they were out for a walk. It was odd considering he had called ahead and specifically told them when he'd be arriving. But his parents could be strange sometimes. They had named him Eagle after all. He walked down the street, keeping an eye out for them wandering. His gun weighed heavily on his side, the TV shows never talk about how how heavy they really are or how they try to drag your belt down when you have it too loose. As he walked he saw something strange, a girl carrying a giant bag of presents and a construction worker standing behind her.
"Scuse me sir, ma'am. Have you seen an elderly couple walking around here?"

640px-ACR_Clay_questioning_Desmond.png

@BarrenThin @CCC Couhai

Reactions: BarrenThin

And I heard as it were the noise of thunder and one of the four beasts saying, and behold a white horse.

"Mom, dad?" His parents weren't in their home. The car was parked in the driveway and none of their bags were packed. Orel should have found this strange as a Detective, but for some reason he didn't. He instead decided to go looking for them.
He exited the building and looked around. Maybe they were out for a walk. It was odd considering he had called ahead and specifically told them when he'd be arriving. But his parents could be strange sometimes. They had named him Eagle after all. He walked down the street, keeping an eye out for them wandering. His gun weighed heavily on his side, the TV shows never talk about how how heavy they really are or how they try to drag your belt down when you have it too loose. As he walked he saw something strange, a girl carrying a giant bag of presents and a construction worker standing behind her.
"Scuse me sir, ma'am. Have you seen an elderly couple walking around here?"

640px-ACR_Clay_questioning_Desmond.png

@BarrenThin @CCC Couhai

"I'm sorry, I haven't." Jason frowned. "Is something wrong?" He didn't recognize the man but that was unsurprising. He very rarely spoke to anyone outside of work and not everyone really needed carpentry done.
@Thuro Pendragon @CCC Kouhai

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
"No need to worry. Nothing's wrong. My parent's have just have gone and wandered off." Orel smiled. He was also odd in the fact that for a police officer, he only used intimidation when he needed it. Certainly not in his hometown. "They probably just went for a walk. Nothing much to be worried about. They'll turn up eventually." He nodded toward the bag of gifts. "Getting into the Christmas spirit?"

@BarrenThin @CCC Kouhai

"No need to worry. Nothing's wrong. My parent's have just have gone and wandered off." Orel smiled. He was also odd in the fact that for a police officer, he only used intimidation when he needed it. Certainly not in his hometown. "They probably just went for a walk. Nothing much to be worried about. They'll turn up eventually." He nodded toward the bag of gifts. "Getting into the Christmas spirit?"

@BarrenThin @CCC Kouhai

"Ah." Jason would have asked more, but the subject changed to Christmas. "I suppose. It seems Miss Sybil was kind enough to get gifts. I'm not much for the Holiday myself, though." In his mind, he said it was because he liked to be alone, but the carpenter kept that part to himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ah." Jason would have asked more, but the subject changed to Christmas. "I suppose. It seems Miss Sybil was kind enough to get gifts. I'm not much for the Holiday myself, though." In his mind, he said it was because he liked to be alobe, but the carpenter kept that part to himself.
Cas-shake-head.gif

"Damn. That's a shame. Do you have anyone to spend it with?" Orel couldn't imagine a life without friends and family to rely on. Then again maybe this man's problem wasn't that he was alone. Maybe he really didn't like the holiday. Still... what a way to live.

@BarrenThin @CCC Kouhai

Cas-shake-head.gif

"Damn. That's a shame. Do you have anyone to spend it with?" Orel couldn't imagine a life without friends and family to rely on. Then again maybe this man's problem wasn't that he was alone. Maybe he really didn't like the holiday. Still... what a way to live.

@BarrenThin @CCC Kouhai

"I don't, but don't worry yourself. I'm fine." He smiled faintly. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Jason Bjorn." He held out his arm to shake hands.

"I'm not much for politics. All I do is live by my principles, my sword, and my friends. What can I say? I won't change who I am, even if it means fighting you."

These words were not his own, and yet they seemed so familiar to him. Like so many others this fine day, Richard was dreaming, his scattered filled with war and epic battles. He was a great warrior, someone both respected and feared by the enemy. He was big here, tougher, a part of something more grand that Richard could ever imagine. These battles were numerous-- practically countless-- but this one had a slight distinction. In the skies above approached storm clouds as back as night, lightning and hail raining down terribly in their wake. A line was being cut across the battlefield, the warriors being divided and destroyed by this anomaly. It wasn't long before it came upon Richard, and he felt his entire body begin to burn. A pain unlike he could ever imagine blossomed in his chest, causing him to scream and shout.

"Wanting to do something that matters is enough. Sometimes, how you feel is more important than how you act."

Waking with a fright, Richard pushed back against his chair, sending it flying out from underneath him. It rolled across the wooden floor, Richard falling forward and slamming his head against the table. Swearing, he scrambled to get on to his feet, his hands reaching up toward the desk and pulling the various books and papers down to the floor. He groaned, before simply collapsed on to the desk, resting his head on one of the open books. There he waited, hoping no one had heard his clumsy commotion. Ambrosia was downstairs, and Chandler was likely too involved in his games, so Richard felt he was in the clear. He raised his head to stare at the book he had open-- the dictionary. His eyes caught on one word in particular: repatriate.

To return to one's own country.

Great.

After hastily tidying up his study, Richard moved downstairs, taking a quick stop in the kitchen to grab he leftovers of the meal that had put him to sleep in the first place. He had always been one to eat a lot. When he heard talking in the next room over, he quickly stuffed the rest of the chicken sandwich he'd made into his mouth. Then, standing in the doorway between the living room and the kitchen, he watched Chandler run out the door. Ambrosia had tried to talk to him, but Chandler did as Chandler does, and left without so much as two sentences said to his mother. When she sat back down, Richard quietly cleared his throat to get her attention, a small smile lighting up his face. Rubbing at his blue hair, he moved to lean against the arm rest of the chair Ambrosia was sitting in. "Nothing new, then?" he said, trying to make a joke of the moment. At the look on his wife's face Richard realized jokes were not what would cheer her up. He sighed and sat on the arm rest, looking down on her. "Today was great, by the way. Loved the watch. Loved the dinner. Chandler loved it too."
Not too long after she'd heard a thud coming from Chandler's room, she heard another, this time around coming from her and Richard's bedroom. She cringed at the sound, and once again hopped to her feet. "Richard..? Are you okay, love...?" she called, tentatively. Before she could venture up the stairs to check on her husband, he had hurried down the stairs and gone to the kitchen. She bit her lip, standing still by the chair she'd been sat in moments before, torn between following and just waiting.

Soon enough, though, her husband joined her, sitting on the armrest of the chair.

She gave a soft smile at his attempt at making a joke, hoping to ward off any worry she stirred up with her fairly evident sadness. Just because she was sad didn't mean he needed to go out of his way to try to cheer her up, so she found it best to try to hide it instead. There was a thoughtful pause, before she answered the remark. "No, not really.. I assume it's the same with you?" she mused. As for his statement, a more sincere smile shone through. "I'm sincerely glad to hear it, love.." she replied. Though, in her head, she couldn't help but doubt Chandler shared Richard's thoughts.

Her attention was very roughly snagged away from the small-talk, however, when she noticed the bruise that had formed on his forehead. Her eyes widened, and worry immediately flooded her features. Gently and carefully, she went to cup his face in her hands, eyebrows furrowed in worry. "..What happened??" she demanded, though it was out of care. Not waiting for an answer, she moved away, going to the kitchen a grabbing an ice bag. She then returned, coming to a halt before her husband. "Here.. Hold still..." she instructed, caringly and carefully going to hold the bag to his forehead.

"Now.. What on Earth did you do to yourself, love..?"

Oh my~

@Atomyk

"I will be there," Zhang said to Calvin as he left, "perhaps I shall see you there as well, Mr. Klein."

crouchingtiger.jpg

She then went into her house, and closed the door. As always, if anyone wanted to have something to eat, they would only need to knock. This time, Zhang decided to practice her sword skills. She felt her mind clear enough from the meditation, and the tea had also assisted in waking her senses, so she was ready to do more physical activity now.

"Oh I don't know about that, don't know about that", he said in passing. Honestly, Cal wanted no part of the party, but might think about. If some others in the town were as nice as Zhang, maybe he would attend the party.

"What to do, what to do..."

Neil nodded towards Emily upon hearing what she said, he frowned a little as he got closer, pulling him up a little, though as he ended up sitting, despite what the boy said, he had a sneaking suspicion he was perfectly ok, if he was bleeding, that sort of thing should be taken care of as soon as possible. It was unclear what exactly drove him to help, but, he figured why not, he wasn't looking forward to tearing up his clothes, so, instead, he patted down his pockets, he could have sworn he brought a few bandages with him, and, sure enough, there was a roll. The thing wa shalf used, but, it would serve it's purpose nicely, he held it out to Chandler "Here, patch yourself up." he said, though really what he was trying to figure out was if that boy was capable of warpping up his own injuries... Neil figured he would have to help if it were to become immediately obvious that taking care of these injuries wouldn't be such an easy task to accomplish alone.​
Still in a panicky state, Emily pulled her hands back and let Chandler sit up with Neil's help. She then nervously played with her own fingers, trying to calm her own mind and assure herself that he was fine. This was taking her quite a while.

As soon as Neil pulled out a roll of bandages and told Chandler to wrap it around his knee, Emily reached out and snatched it out of his hand before Chandler could. "No, he's hurt! I'll do it" she quickly said, unrolling the bandages, then pausing for a while as she stared at Chandler's wound. "... Your pants are in the way..." she said. "... I-I mean, the leg of your pants is in the way. I can't... y'know, wrap this around if... the leg of your pants is in the way..." Her voice grew softer and more quiet as she spoke, until she was completely silent again, with a deep blush on her face, cursing at herself in her head.

Just be cool! Don't look like a sensitive little wimp! she thought to herself. Making herself look weak and sensitive only resulted in being bullied at school, so she decided it might be best to be a bit more assertive than she was being right now. Her sudden change of attitude was pretty obvious, but she wasn't thinking too much about that right now. "... Y-Y'know, it's your own fault! You shoulda watched where you were going!" she barked at Chandler, handing him the bandages. "... You do it."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@york

Chandler rubbed the back of his after speaking, again feeling ashamed for a moment about his accident. What if his parents found out about this? He really hoped they wouldn't. The teen already got in trouble for enough things! Like the computer and game controllers he broke, his poor grades in school, and occasionally skipping class. He didn't want to add making a stupid mistake to the list. So far as Chandler knew, only two people had seen the situation. Maybe if he was lucky, it would stay that way.

When Chandler glanced up, he realized Neil had offered him some bandages. Before he could either accept or decline taking them, however, Emily reached out and took them herself. She seemed worried, even offering to patch up his wounds for him. His heart skipped a beat and he scooted back a little. Emily giving him treatment like this... was only his dream come true! But sadly, even if it was something he wanted to enjoy, he didn't think he would be able to. He was already too nervous. Chandler just knew he was going to screw something up.

For a second, Emily herself seemed nervous, or at least he thought she did. But suddenly, in the blink of an eye, her attitude changed. She scolded Chandler and shoved the bandages at him. "H-Hey, it's not entirely my fault!" he shot back, unsure what to make of her behavior. At school she was usually a sweet girl. He didn't understand why she wasn't being that way now. "I just didn't look where I was going because... uh... you were distracting me, okay?"

Chandler frowned after speaking, wanting to bang his head on the ground. What a stupid thing to say to her! The teen realized he had entirely put his foot in his mouth! He fumbled with the bandages for a second, getting a bit of blood on them before dropping them back on the ground by accident. If Emily was being a bit tougher, maybe he needed to be too.

"Look, I can handle myself. Don't worry," he spat out. "Like you said, it was my fault anyhow."

Sure, it was his fault, but those scratches and burns stung like hell!

"I don't, but don't worry yourself. I'm fine." He smiled faintly. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Jason Bjorn." He held out his arm to shake hands.
Orel stuck out his own and firmly shook the other man's hand. "Can't help but worry. Civil duty and all. My name is..." He grimaced "...Orel Krovotecheniye. If you can't remember that just call me Ore. It's awkward and sounds bad but it's what I'm stuck with."

Orel stuck out his own and firmly shook the other man's hand. "Can't help but worry. Civil duty and all. My name is..." He grimaced "...Orel Krovotecheniye. If you can't remember that just call me Ore. It's awkward and sounds bad but it's what I'm stuck with."

His smile became wider and more genuine. "Don't be so hard on yourself. It's not so bad." After a moment, the smile faded and he shifted his weight uncomfortably. "Really, though. You shouldn't let how I spend the Holidays bring you down. It's always been like this."

Megumi Yashida - Prologue

ranmegumi.png

Megumi walked down the street with a spring in her step. Today was the type of day Megumi loved. The sky was clear and blue, and everyone seemed happy and content and enjoying the Christmas holiday.

All in all, Megumi liked living here in this small town. It was a change from her home back in Japan, and she still missed her friends. But after her dear mother passed away, her father felt it was best that she live with her parents' old friends here.

And so far, it worked out nicely. She earned a lot of money from her job at the restaurant, mostly from the tips. And she had made friends here. Zhang Min was someone she felt she had a good deal in common with. Of course, Megumi was a terrible cook so she left the cooking to Min.

As she walked, she passed by a few people she recognized as repeat customers at the restaurant! "Hi!" she called out with a cheery smile. "Thanks so much! We'll be open again tomorrow! See you soon!"

The people smiled and waved at her, and she continued on her way.

Megumi needed to visit a few stores to get some last-minute gifts for Zhang Min and Lola Coulson. She wasn't entirely sure what to get Lola, especially, but she knew inspiration would strike her as she looked around the store.

Just as she was walking down the street, she noticed a commotion from a block away. Was that the Chandler boy over there? And who was over there gathered around him? She wondered if she should move in for a closer look. Chandler might have had his faults, coming across as a bit spoiled, but she hoped he wasn't too badly hurt.

@Anyone @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Anyone out on the streets

His smile became wider and more genuine. "Don't be so hard on yourself. It's not so bad." After a moment, the smile faded and he shifted his weight uncomfortably. "Really, though. You shouldn't let how I spend the Holidays bring you down. It's always been like this."
"There's going to be some sort of event later today. Could you stop by? Just so I know you're okay? Call it a favor." Orel smiled at the man. "Besides, now you have at least one friend to spend the holidays with." Orel didn't really want to push the man so far he flat out refused, but he knew that he could have turned out like that if he had been less fortunate in life.

@BarrenThin @CCC Kouhai

Chandler rubbed the back of his after speaking, again feeling ashamed for a moment about his accident. What if his parents found out about this? He really hoped they wouldn't. The teen already got in trouble for enough things! Like the computer and game controllers he broke, his poor grades in school, and occasionally skipping class. He didn't want to add making a stupid mistake to the list. So far as Chandler knew, only two people had seen the situation. Maybe if he was lucky, it would stay that way.

When Chandler glanced up, he realized Neil had offered him some bandages. Before he could either accept or decline taking them, however, Emily reached out and took them herself. She seemed worried, even offering to patch up his wounds for him. His heart skipped a beat and he scooted back a little. Emily giving him treatment like this... was only his dream come true! But sadly, even if it was something he wanted to enjoy, he didn't think he would be able to. He was already too nervous. Chandler just knew he was going to screw something up.

For a second, Emily herself seemed nervous, or at least he thought she did. But suddenly, in the blink of an eye, her attitude changed. She scolded Chandler and shoved the bandages at him. "H-Hey, it's not entirely my fault!" he shot back, unsure what to make of her behavior. At school she was usually a sweet girl. He didn't understand why she wasn't being that way now. "I just didn't look where I was going because... uh... you were distracting me, okay?"

Chandler frowned after speaking, wanting to bang his head on the ground. What a stupid thing to say to her! The teen realized he had entirely put his foot in his mouth! He fumbled with the bandages for a second, getting a bit of blood on them before dropping them back on the ground by accident. If Emily was being a bit tougher, maybe he needed to be too.

"Look, I can handle myself. Don't worry," he spat out. "Like you said, it was my fault anyhow."

Sure, it was his fault, but those scratches and burns stung like hell!
Distracting him? Emily thought to herself. What does he mean by that? While she was trying to think of a decent reason, she watched Chandler struggle with his bandages. She felt bad. Very bad. She wanted to be assertive, but now Emily felt like she was just rude to him. She didn't want him to think she was rude, of course not. She wanted him to like her. Be assertive, just don't be rude. Show that you care, but don't show it too much... I guess...

She snatched the bandages out of Chandler's hands once again, keeping quiet for a few seconds after that to think of what to say and do. "... You don't have to take care of yourself. You're injured, you don't have to take care of yourself."

You just said that, you idiot!

She then lowered her head, trying to hide the blush that was definitely starting to show. Just get it over with and help him... Emily continued to take Chandler's pant leg and gently roll it up, going especially slow when passing the wound on his knee, trying her best to keep the fabric from touching it. She kept her eyes on his face as she did so, looking for any signs of pain.

"There... Now... I guess I just... wrap this around your knee, right?" She looked at Chandler, then at Neil, hoping for an answer from either one of them.

@york

"There's going to be some sort of event later today. Could you stop by? Just so I know you're okay? Call it a favor." Orel smiled at the man. "Besides, now you have at least one friend to spend the holidays with." Orel didn't really want to push the man so far he flat out refused, but he knew that he could have turned out like that if he had been less fortunate in life.

@BarrenThin @CCC Kouhai

The smile slowly returned at the invitation. Though Jason preferred to be alone, feeling wanted was nice. "I... guess it couldn't hurt to check in for a few minutes."

Status
Not open for further replies.