Illusion Game I: The Distraction of the Falling Worlds

• Thread starter TheColourlessRainbow
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"No, wait--" He gingerly reached out to stop her, ultimately only succeeding in running a hand along her arm. His cheeks turned a slight heated shade of red despite the ice pack, and Ike found himself staring into the eyes of his wife. He smiled slightly now, feeling abashed. "It's embarrassing," he muttered, gently stroking her arm now. "I had a bad dream, and ended up waking up a bit alarmed. I doubt anyone will notice but you." He waited a moment in silence, letting Ambrosia take care of him. It was a small moment, but yet another in a long line that made him wonder how he'd ended up with someone as amazing as her. Dating had never been easy for Richard, but somehow this one one amazing, kind of quirky girl ended up in his arms, and he couldn't be happier about it.

"I guess I should ask if you're still up for going out tonight. We can stay in-- just relax, if you want." Relax in this case really wasn't an euphemism. The pair of them had been through a long day, and staying in felt like a decent idea to Richard, especially after his battle with the desk. "Not that I'm trying to pressure you or anything. I'm just-- uh, yeah." Coughing slightly, he offered Ambrosia another smile as he waited on her response.

@A Wild Sav
She had obviously not complied when Richard requested she stayed prior. The blush that now dusted his face wasn't past her notice, but she didn't comment; though it did cause her to smile slightly. In her opinion, it only made the man seem cuter. But right now, that was besides the point. "Oh, come now.. It can't be that bad," she assured, returning the smile. His touch seemed to soothe her a bit, as she patiently waited for his explanation.

When he answered, her smile faded slightly. "Oh, love.. I'm sorry," she sighed softly, sympathy crossing her features. She'd had her fair share of nightmares, herself, though they mostly came in brief flashes. The ones that most commonly frequented her sleep were of a fire.. There were two versions of this; either she was trapped, flames dancing all around, or her feet were frozen to the ground, and she was forced to watch as a man that felt so familiar was burned away. Or sometimes, she even dreamed of being stabbed by a demon and watching two odd creatures kill the demon, before it changed to an image of the same man from the fire treating the wound. She didn't know what the dreams meant, but they always felt so... Real.

"..It was only a dream, though.. It'll be alright. As for your forehead, hopefully this bruise heals itself soon enough," she said, smile returning(if only to reassure her husband).

At his question, Ambrosia pursed her lips, seeming to consider this. Soon enough, she answered, pale blue-green eyes meeting those of her husband's. "Well, I suppose that's up to how you feel.. Are you up to going? If not, I'm perfectly fine with staying here. Whatever makes you happy," she replied, steadily, with a smile of assurance that her words were true.​

Zhang Min got herself ready to attend the party. As she felt it wasn't her tradition or religion, she found Christmas to be a curious day, she took part in some of the festivities usually, but was not into the gift giving part of it. She would attend just for the social aspect, and possibly a dating aspect as well.

She went apart from her typical ethnic attire, to an outfit that was more western in appearance.

She walked quickly through the snowy, but somewhat warm weather. In the streets, she saw others walking, but wanted to get to the party right away.
Seeing Zhang Min, Megumi briefly broke away from her chat with Lola to greet her. "Ohaiyo!" she called out.

"Lola has invited me to a get-together at her house, so I don't know if I'm gonna be at the party. In case I didn't see you, I wanted to give you your Christmas gift."

With that, Megumi reached into her bag, and gave Zhang Min the gift she had bought for the older woman.

"I think that's most of the last minute gifts I wanted to get. I really don't know anyone else well enough to know just what they'd like. That boy Chandler had a fall a little bit ago and broke his skateboard, and I thought about buying him another, but I don't want him falling down again. That boy seems almost as klutzy as a ninja kitty, you know?"

Megumi blushed. "I don't know why I just said that."

"Hope you like the gift, Zhang! See you soon!"

With that, Megumi turned her attention back to Lola. Granted, there were a few things Megumi still didn't understand about the way Lola talked. For example, what DID the 'Z' in the abbreviation 'ZOMG' stand for? It seemed like neither English nor Japanese nor Chinese nor any other language Megumi knew of.

But she liked Lola's company anyway. Lola was always fun to chat with.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mari

OOC: Mari, you can decide just what the gift is.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Mari
Seeing Zhang Min, Megumi briefly broke away from her chat with Lola to greet her. "Ohaiyo!" she called out.

"Lola has invited me to a get-together at her house, so I don't know if I'm gonna be at the party. In case I didn't see you, I wanted to give you your Christmas gift."

With that, Megumi reached into her bag, and gave Zhang Min the gift she had bought for the older woman.

"I think that's most of the last minute gifts I wanted to get. I really don't know anyone else well enough to know just what they'd like. That boy Chandler had a fall a little bit ago and broke his skateboard, and I thought about buying him another, but I don't want him falling down again. That boy seems almost as klutzy as a ninja kitty, you know?"

Megumi blushed. "I don't know why I just said that."

"Hope you like the gift, Zhang! See you soon!"

With that, Megumi turned her attention back to Lola. Granted, there were a few things Megumi still didn't understand about the way Lola talked. For example, what DID the 'Z' in the abbreviation 'ZOMG' stand for? It seemed like neither English nor Japanese nor Chinese nor any other language Megumi knew of.

But she liked Lola's company anyway. Lola was always fun to chat with.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mari

OOC: Mari, you can decide just what the gift is.
Zhang Min smiled as she received the gift from Megumi. She opened the small package to find a jade pendant. She looked at Megumi, as she put the necklace around her neck, "you should not have, I am not worthy of such a gift!" she exclaimed. But perhaps it was considered in exchange of the many times she served meals to Megumi and many others in her house with no expectation of cost or favor in return. "Always know that you and every else, are always welcome to enjoy meals at my house." She bowed, and said, "thank you very much."

She then continued towards the party, wondering what else laid ahead of her on this interesting day.

@Chris Lang @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

"Oh, that sounds nice!" Megumi said, beaming. "I really would like more dresses that go well with my eyes and my hair. Green is really my favorite color, but I like light blue, too."

ranmagreen1.png

"Oh, do you like my hair? I decided I really didn't like the pigtail style at all. I wanted to give my hair some more room to breathe, you know? And these flowers are kind of hard to pin on to this dress, but I think they're worth it. Do you?"

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies
"Oh my God I love it! It's like, really you or whatever." Lola exclaimed. "Love the flowers, it's so you, you know?" With Zhang showing up Lola would give her a wave and watched as she left. "Oh Merry Christmas!" She shouted after her. "Or does she like celebrate Kawanza because she's..." Lola would lower her voice a little as she said. "Asian?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Mari @Chris Lang

"Oh my God I love it! It's like, really you or whatever." Lola exclaimed. "Love the flowers, it's so you, you know?" With Zhang showing up Lola would give her a wave and watched as she left. "Oh Merry Christmas!" She shouted after her. "Or does she like celebrate Kawanza because she's..." Lola would lower her voice a little as she said. "Asian?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Mari @Chris Lang
Megumi giggled. "Silly, Kwanzaa isn't an Asian holiday, it's about African heritage and stuff like that."

"Anyway, I know Zhang isn't really into the gift-giving aspect of the season as much but I knew she'd like that gift."

"I'm hoping one day she'll teach me to cook cause I'm not very good at it. That's why I'm a waitress at my restaurant and I don't work in the kitchen. That, and the tips are better."

She smiled and stood in a way to accentuate her cleavage, indicating one of the reasons why she made a lot of money in tips.

"Anyway, what all do you have planned for the get-together over at your place?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Mari @Jeremi

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
"Jason." He corrected Orel. "Alright, then... Would you like my company while you search, at least?"

@Thuro Pendragon
tumblr_m43dsca1B31qdf94vo1_500.png

"Sorry." Orel smirked. "Blond moment. But yeah, I'd appreciate the help."

They began walking down the road. As they rounded a corner they could see two small figures walking together, or rather limping together, as could could tell when they moved closer. Orel jogged ahead to make sure they were alright. They turned out to be two children, one of them heavily bandaged.
"Hey, are you guys alright?" He asked when he got closer.

@BarrenThin @Jenny @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Reactions: BarrenThin
tumblr_m43dsca1B31qdf94vo1_500.png

"Sorry." Orel smirked. "Blond moment. But yeah, I'd appreciate the help."

They began walking down the road. On as they rounded a corner they could see two small figures walking together, or rather limping together as they could tell when they moved closer. Orel jogged ahead to make sure they were alright. They turned out to be two children, one of them heavily bandaged.
"Hey, are you two alright?" He asked when he got closer.

@BarrenThin @Jenny @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"Don't worry about it." Jason followed the man quietly. Though he did enjoy the slight change in pace, it didn't change that he disliked others and was a bit socially inept. So he stayed pretty quiet, until they came across the two children. He recognized the girl from earlier. The one he'd bought a turkey for. One looked like he was hurt. He full on ran to check on them. The most notable thing about his run was that it was significantly faster than the average person's; he arrived very quickly. "Are you alright?" Jason echoed Orel's statement.

@Thuro Pendragon
@Jenny
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

(Argh, best response I can do for now.)

"What a bunch we have here, perfect for the hangout we're going to have. Like, there should be things to do there, right?" Melody expressed some delight in seeing the little group they had. In truth, she only wanted to hang out with them just to keep a good reputation going.

@Jeremi @Chris Lang @Mari

As Zhang was walking towards the party, she overheard the conversations among the other girls. She stopped a moment to turn around and speak to them from a distance. "Are you all going to the Christmas party?" she asked, "That's where I'm headed to now." She then continued towards the party.

@Gummi Bunnies @Chris Lang @Jeremi

Ib arrived at the party, the guy looked rather downtrodden, but still bore a smile, a small satchel slung over his side as he took a slightly nervous glance around, before taking a seat off to the side of the majority of the people
He shudders slightly at the noise, it was so loud compared to his own, empty house, it was grating on his ears and it was driving him mad slowly, he could barely deal with the intensity of the sound, let alone all the people, but attendance was mandatory, so he couldn't do anything but wait for the party to end and go home to his solitude

Maybe if he could adjust to the presence of people, he could go back to being normal, not so lonely...it was possible that would help him to get over it

@Everyone

As Zhang was walking towards the party, she overheard the conversations among the other girls. She stopped a moment to turn around and speak to them from a distance. "Are you all going to the Christmas party?" she asked, "That's where I'm headed to now." She then continued towards the party.

@Gummi Bunnies @Chris Lang @Jeremi
"I dunno." Megumi replied. "Lola's invited me to a get-together over at her house. And aside from you, I don't really know most of the people who are going to the party very well."

@Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Mari

Megumi giggled. "Silly, Kwanzaa isn't an Asian holiday, it's about African heritage and stuff like that."

"Anyway, I know Zhang isn't really into the gift-giving aspect of the season as much but I knew she'd like that gift."

"I'm hoping one day she'll teach me to cook cause I'm not very good at it. That's why I'm a waitress at my restaurant and I don't work in the kitchen. That, and the tips are better."

She smiled and stood in a way to accentuate her cleavage, indicating one of the reasons why she made a lot of money in tips.

"Anyway, what all do you have planned for the get-together over at your place?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Mari @Jeremi
"Oooooh, duh. Like I knew that." In fact Lola didn't know that. It was something else she needed to remember for next time.

"And like, I was thinking mai tais near the pool and food and gossip and stuff. Or like just popcorn. Wait Zhang can cook? ZHANG!" She shouted towards the girl. "Like you should totally come with us and just hangandlikemaybemakesomethinggoodtoeatorwhatever WHAT DO YOU SAY!"

@Mari @Chris Lang @Gummi Bunnies

Reactions: Chris Lang
Emily looked at Neil when he asked them a question. "Oh... No, sir, I don't think I will, I'm sorry... My parents don't allow me to, we're holding a family dinner and they want me to be there" she said in response, not looking too happy about it. "I guess I'll take this with me then, if you really don't want it" she said, nodding to the bag with the turkey in it. "Thank you very much again sir, I really appreciate your help... But I'll be helping my friend get back home now, if you don't mind... I hope I'll see you around some time, merry Christmas" she said with a light smile and a nod of her head

Keeping Chandler's arm around her shoulder, Emily couldn't help but smile a little bit as she started walking down the sidewalk, following the young boy's directions. Although she wasn't exactly used to being so close to anyone, she was enjoying it in a certain way. However, when he mentioned her parents again, the smile faded away. "They... They're cool with it..." she softly said. "I mean, I'm sure they're proud, but... They never really mention school unless I had bad grades or something. " She sighed and shrugged. "They always find some excuse to get mad at me or b--." she stopped herself again.

The rest of the way to Chandler's home, Emily's was rather quiet, apart from the occasional "You alright?" to make sure Chandler wasn't pushing himself too hard. In any case, eventually, the pair reached their destination. She took her classmate to the front door, but before knocking, she looked at Chandler's knee, then at his face. She was having some trouble keeping straight eye contact with him, she felt a little awkward being so close to him. But she didn't mind much at all.
"Uhm... What are you gonna tell them? 'Cuz they're gonna see your pants are ruined and they'll probably ask about the bandages too... A-And what should I say if they ask me? Are they nice... Do you think they're gonna like me?"

// Adding response to you now yorkiboo <3
@york
@Thuro Pendragon //ooc: We moved Chandler and Emily over toward Chandler's house so they aren't in that spot anymore, but I'll have Chandler give reply before they left. XD

After Emily replied to Neil, and before the two of them left, Chandler noticed another man walk over to check on them. "Yeah, everything is okay. I just took a fall on my skateboard is all." He gave the man a small smile, hoping to reassure him that the situation was okay. Afterwards, he began to walk off with Emily, heading back to his house.

Chandler frowned, glancing down to the ground as he walked along. "It's probably easier said than done, but if they get mad at you for stupid reasons... I think you should stand up for yourself. Don't let them treat you that way. I know you don't deserve it." He went quiet after speaking, saying nothing else until they had arrived at his house.

"Crap, you're right. They will see the scratches. I guess I could tell them I crashed into a tree. Do you think they'd believe that?" Chandler paused, letting out a chuckle. "How could they not like you? I like yo-- I-I mean, they're really nice and you're likable so I'm sure they will. Don't worry," he told her.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Emily looked at Neil when he asked them a question. "Oh... No, sir, I don't think I will, I'm sorry... My parents don't allow me to, we're holding a family dinner and they want me to be there" she said in response, not looking too happy about it. "I guess I'll take this with me then, if you really don't want it" she said, nodding to the bag with the turkey in it. "Thank you very much again sir, I really appreciate your help... But I'll be helping my friend get back home now, if you don't mind... I hope I'll see you around some time, merry Christmas" she said with a light smile and a nod of her head

Keeping Chandler's arm around her shoulder, Emily couldn't help but smile a little bit as she started walking down the sidewalk, following the young boy's directions. Although she wasn't exactly used to being so close to anyone, she was enjoying it in a certain way. However, when he mentioned her parents again, the smile faded away. "They... They're cool with it..." she softly said. "I mean, I'm sure they're proud, but... They never really mention school unless I had bad grades or something. " She sighed and shrugged. "They always find some excuse to get mad at me or b--." she stopped herself again.

The rest of the way to Chandler's home, Emily's was rather quiet, apart from the occasional "You alright?" to make sure Chandler wasn't pushing himself too hard. In any case, eventually, the pair reached their destination. She took her classmate to the front door, but before knocking, she looked at Chandler's knee, then at his face. She was having some trouble keeping straight eye contact with him, she felt a little awkward being so close to him. But she didn't mind much at all.
"Uhm... What are you gonna tell them? 'Cuz they're gonna see your pants are ruined and they'll probably ask about the bandages too... A-And what should I say if they ask me? Are they nice... Do you think they're gonna like me?"

// Adding response to you now yorkiboo <3
@york
@Thuro Pendragon //ooc: We moved Chandler and Emily over toward Chandler's house so they aren't in that spot anymore, but I'll have Chandler give reply before they left. XD

After Emily replied to Neil, and before the two of them left, Chandler noticed another man walk over to check on them. "Yeah, everything is okay. I just took a fall on my skateboard is all." He gave the man a small smile, hoping to reassure him that the situation was okay. Afterwards, he began to walk off with Emily, heading back to his house.

Chandler frowned, glancing down to the ground as he walked along. "It's probably easier said than done, but if they get mad at you for stupid reasons... I think you should stand up for yourself. Don't let them treat you that way. I know you don't deserve it." He went quiet after speaking, saying nothing else until they had arrived at his house.

"Crap, you're right. They will see the scratches. I guess I could tell them I crashed into a tree. Do you think they'd believe that?" Chandler paused, letting out a chuckle. "How could they not like you? I like yo-- I-I mean, they're really nice and you're likable so I'm sure they will. Don't worry," he told her.
Neil Magnus
@Jenny @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Anyone else
Neil shrugged "Guess I'll deal with it." he said, smiling a little to make sure he wasn't giving off the wrong impression, he seemed indifferent about carrying that Turkey around now, he waved the two goodbye before he walked off, deciding to head to that party after all. Maybe there he could drop off this Turkey there and be done with it... Plus, he was a little curious about that party for once, he hadn't attended such a thing for as long as he could remember, perhaps this time around he would change things up a bit, today he had nothing to do after all. Plus, so far, socializing didn't seem as bad as he'd remembered it, though it was still awkward, maybe he could give it a shot for a change? Who knows, maybe he'd actually made some friends... He snorted at that thought "Friends? Why would I need friends?" he asked himself, though he found himself really starting to reflect upon that thought as he continued the rest of the way over to that party.​

@york

Emily had a slight blush on her cheeks the whole time they were walking, but after Chandler almost said he liked her, she felt it was going to become much much worse. And it did. There was no way Chandler wouldn't notice her blush if she hadn't turned her head away from him and looked down at the ground. She could just feel her face reddening up, and she kept looking away from him for as long as necessary.

"... C-Crashed into a tree... Yeah that sounds good... I-I mean, it sounds believable..." she stuttered in response, not even mentioning what Chandler almost said. She took a deep breath. "Alright... here goes then..."

Emily rang the doorbell or knocked on the door or whatever she was supposed to do.

@Atomyk @A Wild Sav DING DONG

Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Calvin got back to his house and continued to work on his experiments, feeling renewed and energized after eating breakfast from Zhang Min's kitchen. He was working on what he defined as a high efficiency electrical conductor, which would be capable of carrying 13,600 volt-amperes of electrical current, as the current town infrastructure was capable of only carrying 6,800 volt-amperes.

doc-brown-back-to-the-future-23823011-500-650.jpg

"Every day," he said to himself, "is a great day for SCIENCE!". He looked at the calendar, showing the date for today with the previous ones crossed out by hand by himself, on previous days. "December 25th. A special day for all, including myself." He continued to work, forgetting about the paradox of snowy weather in 45 degree Fahrenheit temperatures. For now.

Jason frowned at the two children, but didn't press the matter. After searching for a little while, the two eventually showed up at the party. Maybe Orel's parents were there. The carpenter cleared his throat nervously outside the door, seeming unsure of whether or not to go inside. There were quite a few people in there he would much rather not talk to.

@Thuro Pendragon

Bubba would still be patrolling around the party, making his usual distinct noises to signal is presence. Bubba, on his route, would be at the door and he noticed Jason, Orel and possibly other folk entering. Bubba let out a long moan, waving at the newcomers. Bubba took the liberty to motion his drill at the fruit punch stand and other food/drinks around the party. The least he could do while protecting these folks is assist them in enjoying their afternoon.

@Thuro Pendragon
@BarrenThin
@Any other partygoers

Bubba would still be patrolling around the party, making his usual distinct noises to signal is presence. Bubba, on his route, would be at the door and he noticed Jason, Orel and possibly other folk entering. Bubba let out a long moan, waving at the newcomers. Bubba took the liberty to motion his drill at the fruit punch stand and other food/drinks around the party. The least he could do while protecting these folks is assist them in enjoying their afternoon.

@Thuro Pendragon
@BarrenThin
@Any other partygoers
Bubba's appearance terrified Jason, initially. "Uh... Hi."

@Thuro Pendragon
@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Status
Not open for further replies.