Illusion Game I: The Distraction of the Falling Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]
"I don't, but don't worry yourself. I'm fine." He smiled faintly. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Jason Bjorn." He held out his arm to shake hands.
@Thuro Pendragon @CCC Kouhai

[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Jason smiled politely, the expression heavily contradicting his scars. Jason honestly had no idea where they came from, but they looked like someone had dug a mask into his face.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)][spoili]
2463928-revantor001.jpg
[/spoili][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]"A present, for me? That's awfully kind of you. I didn't get you anything, though." The smile faded. He didn't know anyone around particularly well, and it simply hadn't crossed his mind. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]@CCC Kouhai
[/BCOLOR]

"Oh, don't worry about it! I hope you like it." Noticing his smile drop, she tried her best to cheer him, "Just keep smiling and that will be enough of a present for me."

"No need to worry. Nothing's wrong. My parent's have just have gone and wandered off." Orel smiled. He was also odd in the fact that for a police officer, he only used intimidation when he needed it. Certainly not in his hometown. "They probably just went for a walk. Nothing much to be worried about. They'll turn up eventually." He nodded toward the bag of gifts. "Getting into the Christmas spirit?"

@BarrenThin @CCC Kouhai

"Y-yes! I thought it would be nice to give everyone something... Also, I have not seen an elderly couple around. I-I'm so sorry.. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Sybil..."

So, I realized that I didn't make sure with Cody if giving gifts would be okay. :L I didn't specify the gifts either, so if I do give you one, you all can say what you got. I hope this doesn't affect the tale. LOL. Am so sorry Cody. ;-;

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
[BCOLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]

[/BCOLOR]

"Oh, don't worry about it! I hope you like it." Noticing his smile drop, she tried her best to cheer him, "Just keep smiling and that will be enough of a present for me."

"Y-yes! I thought it would be nice to give everyone something... Also, I have not seen an elderly couple around. I-I'm so sorry.. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Sybil..."

So, I realized that I didn't make sure with Cody if giving gifts would be okay. :L I didn't specify the gifts either, so if I do give you one, you all can say what you got. I hope this doesn't affect the tale. LOL. Am so sorry Cody. ;-;

The present was a little wooden toy train. Though it was small, Jason could appreciate the work put into it, though he doubted it was done by her off course, and almost seemed touched. "Thank you, young one... Merry Christmas."
@CCC Kouhai
@Thuro Pendragon

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
Distracting him? Emily thought to herself. What does he mean by that? While she was trying to think of a decent reason, she watched Chandler struggle with his bandages. She felt bad. Very bad. She wanted to be assertive, but now Emily felt like she was just rude to him. She didn't want him to think she was rude, of course not. She wanted him to like her. Be assertive, just don't be rude. Show that you care, but don't show it too much... I guess...

She snatched the bandages out of Chandler's hands once again, keeping quiet for a few seconds after that to think of what to say and do. "... You don't have to take care of yourself. You're injured, you don't have to take care of yourself."

You just said that, you idiot!

She then lowered her head, trying to hide the blush that was definitely starting to show. Just get it over with and help him... Emily continued to take Chandler's pant leg and gently roll it up, going especially slow when passing the wound on his knee, trying her best to keep the fabric from touching it. She kept her eyes on his face as she did so, looking for any signs of pain.

"There... Now... I guess I just... wrap this around your knee, right?" She looked at Chandler, then at Neil, hoping for an answer from either one of them.

@york

[btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/illusion-game-i-the-distraction-of-the-falling-worlds.104268/page-2#post-2102816]Emily's sign-up sheet[/btn][btn=moda|http://i.gyazo.com/cf36ff478cc3940371923781da94d20e.png]What Emily's wearing[/btn]
@york

Chandler blinked when Emily snatched the bandages away again, seeming to quickly have a change of heart about helping her. "Uh, you really don't have to-- It really was my fault s-so--" Chandler stammered, his mouth hanging open when she asked if she should wrap the bandages around his knee. He wasn't sure how to get the words out, but he wanted to turn her down. His manhood was at stake here! He didn't want to seem weak in from of a girl. Men were tough, so he needed to keep up an appearance of strength even if he wasn't feeling so strong in that moment.

After deciding to turn down her help, Chandler began to search for the right words. His search, however, was quickly interrupted when he looked out to the side of the road. "Oh crap, my skateboard," he said, deeply frowning. His once perfect skateboard was now snapped in half. One part of it was in the middle of the road while the other part of it was closer to the sidewalk.

Feeling pathetic after realizing he had ruined the board--one of his christmas presents--he gave up and let Emily tend to him. "Sure, just on my knee. The rest I can do myself," he told her, wincing in pain when she touched it. "Thanks..." After thanking her, Chandler went awkwardly silent, unsure what he would say after that. He wasn't used to speaking with Emily. In fact, he wasn't used to speaking with girls he liked at all. But eventually, he remembered something he needed to say. "Hey, do you think... uh... you guys could not tell anyone about this? It was stupid and it won't happen again. I just don't want my parents to know because they'll freak out."

"Thank you Ma'am. That knowledge is more than enough of a Christmas gift for me." He grinned awkwardly. "Uh, I'd help you carry your presents, but I really need to find my parents." He gave an apologetic look. "I'm sorry."

The smile slowly returned at the invitation. Though Jason preferred to be alone, feeling wanted was nice. "I... guess it couldn't hurt to check in for a few minutes."
@Thuro Pendragon @CCC Kouhai
"That's great man. I'll keep an eye out for you there." He gave a genuine smile.

"But I'm probably not going myself until I find my parents." He paused for a moment, realizing how he sounded. "I'm being a broken record, aren't I?"

"Thank you Ma'am. That knowledge is more than enough of a Christmas gift for me." He grinned awkwardly. "Uh, I'd help you carry your presents, but I really need to find my parents." He gave an apologetic look. "I'm sorry."

"That's great man. I'll keep an eye out for you there." He gave a genuine smile.

"But I'm probably not going myself until I find my parents." He paused for a moment, realizing how he sounded. "I'm being a broken record, aren't I?"

"I could help you look." He shrugged.

@Thuro Pendragon

@york

Chandler blinked when Emily snatched the bandages away again, seeming to quickly have a change of heart about helping her. "Uh, you really don't have to-- It really was my fault s-so--" Chandler stammered, his mouth hanging open when she asked if she should wrap the bandages around his knee. He wasn't sure how to get the words out, but he wanted to turn her down. His manhood was at stake here! He didn't want to seem weak in from of a girl. Men were tough, so he needed to keep up an appearance of strength even if he wasn't feeling so strong in that moment.

After deciding to turn down her help, Chandler began to search for the right words. His search, however, was quickly interrupted when he looked out to the side of the road. "Oh crap, my skateboard," he said, deeply frowning. His once perfect skateboard was now snapped in half. One part of it was in the middle of the road while the other part of it was closer to the sidewalk.

Feeling pathetic after realizing he had ruined the board--one of his christmas presents--he gave up and let Emily tend to him. "Sure, just on my knee. The rest I can do myself," he told her, wincing in pain when she touched it. "Thanks..." After thanking her, Chandler went awkwardly silent, unsure what he would say after that. He wasn't used to speaking with Emily. In fact, he wasn't used to speaking with girls he liked at all. But eventually, he remembered something he needed to say. "Hey, do you think... uh... you guys could not tell anyone about this? It was stupid and it won't happen again. I just don't want my parents to know because they'll freak out."
Emily very carefully finished up bandaging Chandler's knee, she let out a small sigh of relief. At least the blood was mostly out of sight now, the gross part was done. Now came the difficult part. She just sat there on her knees, playing with her own fingers while looking at Chandler and nodding. "Yes... I mean, no. I mean, I... I won't tell if you don't. If my parents find out about this..."

She sighed. "I think they just hate when I talk to people... They're always telling me I should be careful in town, not talk to strangers, not talk to boys..." Emily was looking away from Chandler by now, carried away by her own story. She never got to talk to anyone about her parents, so she was just taking her chance while she still could.

"It's so unfair... They won't even let me go to the christmas party in town because of some stupid family dinner... Sometimes I wish I could just get new pa--" The little blonde quickly stopped herself just before finishing her sentence. "... T-That's horrible, I shouldn't say that, I'm sorry, I'm not horrible like that, I promise..." Another pause. "... I should stop talking... Do you uh... Need help getting home... maybe...?"

@york

[btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/illusion-game-i-the-distraction-of-the-falling-worlds.104268/page-2#post-2102816]Emily's sign-up sheet[/btn][btn=moda|http://i.gyazo.com/cf36ff478cc3940371923781da94d20e.png]What Emily's wearing[/btn]

"Thank you sir... John." He amended. "I don't have a clue where they went. So it's pretty much trying randomly to spot them. If we had more men we could organize a grid search. But I don't think that's necessary yet."

@BarrenThin

"Jason." He corrected Orel. "Alright, then... Would you like my company while you search, at least?"

@Thuro Pendragon

Emily very carefully finished up bandaging Chandler's knee, she let out a small sigh of relief. At least the blood was mostly out of sight now, the gross part was done. Now came the difficult part. She just sat there on her knees, playing with her own fingers while looking at Chandler and nodding. "Yes... I mean, no. I mean, I... I won't tell if you don't. If my parents find out about this..."

She sighed. "I think they just hate when I talk to people... They're always telling me I should be careful in town, not talk to strangers, not talk to boys..." Emily was looking away from Chandler by now, carried away by her own story. She never got to talk to anyone about her parents, so she was just taking her chance while she still could.

"It's so unfair... They won't even let me go to the christmas party in town because of some stupid family dinner... Sometimes I wish I could just get new pa--" The little blonde quickly stopped herself just before finishing her sentence. "... T-That's horrible, I shouldn't say that, I'm sorry, I'm not horrible like that, I promise..." Another pause. "... I should stop talking... Do you uh... Need help getting home... maybe...?"

@york

After Emily had entirely finished with bandaging his knee, Chandler placed a hand over it. For some reason, blood didn't bother him in the slightest, but having the wound patched up was nice. "You won't? Cool. I won't either. Nobody died or anything so it should be fine," he mumbled awkwardly, pausing when Emily began to speak about her parents. Frowning, Chandler replied, "Oh, that sucks. I mean, I get that it's important not to talk to strangers, but... not everyone can be bad, right?"

His eyes suddenly widened when Emily told him she wouldn't be going to the Christmas party in town. "You won't? But everyone's going! Great. Now how am I going to give--" He cut himself off quickly realizing he had almost told her his plan. He didn't really have a way to give his gift to her now unless...

"Help me get home? Uh, sure," he replied, a blush on his face. "And you're fine. Talk all you want. Don't let me stop you. I like it. Nobody really talks to me too much." Chandler was slightly embarassed and flustered for agreeing to take her help; he was sure he could walk home on his own. But if she helped him and they walked to his house, Chandler could give her the Christmas gift he had for her. "It isn't far so I can show you where it is," he offered.

@york

From where she stood, Megumi saw Chandler receive help. She smiled and waved, glad that the boy was going to be all right. She didn't really know him all that well, but she knew his family were prominent citizens in this town.

She then looked down the street. Was that Lola over there? Lola seemed to be chatting with that Melody.

She then bounced down the street with a smile. "Ohaiyo!" she called out. "Hi, Lola! Are you going to be there for the Christmas party?"

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Anyone on the street

[btn=https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/illusion-game-i-the-distraction-of-the-falling-worlds.104268/page-7#post-2123227]Megumi Yashida's signup[/btn]

A smile curled up on the teen's face, well... it might be a bit better than to distance her crazy-ass family. Sure, they gave her all that she wanted, but maybe that could wait for some time. While her dad was a no-show of an alcoholic, Melody always found her mom to be too much of a deal to handle. To the point where her Mom had branded some roman numeral of "four" on her forehead (forcing her to grow long bangs to cover that embarrassing birthmark) since apparently she was like possibly the fourth child that her mom had, and the only child to not die as a stillborn. But then again, her mom was a practical idiot anyways, so yeah, definitely sounded better to spend Christmas somewhere else for once.

Though, for a brief moment, she did notice that the usually reclusive man, Mr. Richard, happened to pass by them, making his way to the town hall. Then again, she didn't have much business to do with him and the town hall, so she didn't seem to care about that at all.

"You know, makes me wonder why I haven't gotten your Snapchat yet. Like, we need to get that shit together pronto. Besides, my family is crazy shits when it comes to Christmas or holidays in general, so might as well avoid that shitstorm this time around," Melody agreed to hanging out with Lola for the rest of the day. However, she did catch a glimpse of the whole incident of someone almost being run over by a car. While she didn't get a good look on whoever it was, she just thought of them being bloody idiots to be in that situation in the first place.

@Jeremi

Lola too had noticed Mr Richards walking by, but he's old and gross so she too didn't care much about it. "Um, I should totally do that." Lola replied pulling out her phone from her victoria's secrets compartment and with a few taps. "So like unrelated but you totally know how a stove works, yeah? Oh Marissa just sent me a pic...like I don't like tan lines but that's a bit too much."

From where she stood, Megumi saw Chandler receive help. She smiled and waved, glad that the boy was going to be all right. She didn't really know him all that well, but she knew his family were prominent citizens in this town.

She then looked down the street. Was that Lola over there? Lola seemed to be chatting with that Melody.

She then bounced down the street with a smile. "Ohaiyo!" she called out. "Hi, Lola! Are you going to be there for the Christmas party?"

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Anyone on the street

[btn=https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/illusion-game-i-the-distraction-of-the-falling-worlds.104268/page-7#post-2123227]Megumi Yashida's signup[/btn]

"ZOMG Megumi! Hi!" Still holding her grocery bag and phone Lola would give Megumi a hug and one kiss each on her cheek. "Like no, me and "Melody were going to like hang at my place and do random stuff or whatever." Then she got a brilliant idea. "You should totes join us gurrl! Like it would be a-ma-z-ing~!"

@Gummi Bunnies @Chris Lang

"ZOMG Megumi! Hi!" Still holding her grocery bag and phone Lola would give Megumi a hug and one kiss each on her cheek. "Like no, me and "Melody were going to like hang at my place and do random stuff or whatever." Then she got a brilliant idea. "You should totes join us gurrl! Like it would be a-ma-z-ing~!"

Megumi returned Lola's hug. "So, random stuff? Stuff a lot more exciting than that party? I dunno. There were some people I wanted to say hi to, but I don't know if Zhang's coming to the party or not. And there's really not many other people I know very well."

Megumi sorted through her bags. "Oh, wait a minute! What am I thinking? I forgot about your gift! Lola, since you're rich and all, you're very hard to shop for. It's hard finding something for a girl who can have anything she wants."

"But I got this for you anyway. I hope you like it!" Eagerly, she removed Lola's gift from her bag and presented it to the blonde girl.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

OOC: Jeremi, you can decide just what Lola's gift is.

Megumi returned Lola's hug. "So, random stuff? Stuff a lot more exciting than that party? I dunno. There were some people I wanted to say hi to, but I don't know if Zhang's coming to the party or not. And there's really not many other people I know very well."

Megumi sorted through her bags. "Oh, wait a minute! What am I thinking? I forgot about your gift! Lola, since you're rich and all, you're very hard to shop for. It's hard finding something for a girl who can have anything she wants."

"But I got this for you anyway. I hope you like it!" Eagerly, she removed Lola's gift from her bag and presented it to the blonde girl.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

OOC: Jeremi, you can decide just what Lola's gift is.

Lola gleefully accepted the presented. "Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God!" She'd quickly and masterfully unwrap the present and removed the lid of the box to reveal its contents.

5e81a7ec665d24a8cfd85103ebbe4d3a.jpg

"OH MY GOD I LOVE IIIIIIT~!" Lola bounced up and down like a maniac and due to her quite ample bosom...yeah. She'd stop long enough so that she could place it on her head. While not a real tiara, Lola's love for cute princess things won out. "Like this is the best thing ever! Thank you sooooo much! Like now I feel super bad I haven't bought any Christmas gifts...Oh! I know! Like you could totally go through my wardrobe and pick out something you like!"

Lola gleefully accepted the presented. "Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God!" She'd quickly and masterfully unwrap the present and removed the lid of the box to reveal its contents.

"OH MY GOD I LOVE IIIIIIT~!" Lola bounced up and down like a maniac and due to her quite ample bosom...yeah. She'd stop long enough so that she could place it on her head. While not a real tiara, Lola's love for cute princess things won out. "Like this is the best thing ever! Thank you sooooo much! Like now I feel super bad I haven't bought any Christmas gifts...Oh! I know! Like you could totally go through my wardrobe and pick out something you like!"

"Oh, that sounds nice!" Megumi said, beaming. "I really would like more dresses that go well with my eyes and my hair. Green is really my favorite color, but I like light blue, too."

ranmagreen1.png

"Oh, do you like my hair? I decided I really didn't like the pigtail style at all. I wanted to give my hair some more room to breathe, you know? And these flowers are kind of hard to pin on to this dress, but I think they're worth it. Do you?"

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

Last edited by a moderator:
Zhang Min got herself ready to attend the party. As she felt it wasn't her tradition or religion, she found Christmas to be a curious day, she took part in some of the festivities usually, but was not into the gift giving part of it. She would attend just for the social aspect, and possibly a dating aspect as well.

She went apart from her typical ethnic attire, to an outfit that was more western in appearance.

932e6f027b0ab71272603160a280fd94.jpg

She walked quickly through the snowy, but somewhat warm weather. In the streets, she saw others walking, but wanted to get to the party right away.

After Emily had entirely finished with bandaging his knee, Chandler placed a hand over it. For some reason, blood didn't bother him in the slightest, but having the wound patched up was nice. "You won't? Cool. I won't either. Nobody died or anything so it should be fine," he mumbled awkwardly, pausing when Emily began to speak about her parents. Frowning, Chandler replied, "Oh, that sucks. I mean, I get that it's important not to talk to strangers, but... not everyone can be bad, right?"

His eyes suddenly widened when Emily told him she wouldn't be going to the Christmas party in town. "You won't? But everyone's going! Great. Now how am I going to give--" He cut himself off quickly realizing he had almost told her his plan. He didn't really have a way to give his gift to her now unless...

"Help me get home? Uh, sure," he replied, a blush on his face. "And you're fine. Talk all you want. Don't let me stop you. I like it. Nobody really talks to me too much." Chandler was slightly embarassed and flustered for agreeing to take her help; he was sure he could walk home on his own. But if she helped him and they walked to his house, Chandler could give her the Christmas gift he had for her. "It isn't far so I can show you where it is," he offered.

@york
Emily looked at the boy for a while. It felt like she was taking so much time to think of something to say, that she was only making the situation more awkward for her. Why did she even propose to help him home? If her parents found out, they would definitely lock her in a room for a week or so. And on top of that, they were expecting her to be home soon, and she still had an hour long walk to go. This was such a horrible, horrible idea.

But once again, Emily was speechless for a while. Did he actually just tell her to keep on whining about her problems? She was sure that any other boy from school would've made her shut up by now. What was he doing? Maybe it was some kind of trick to get her to lower her guard? In any case, she didn't care. Maybe he really would listen.

She remained quiet and just looked at Chandler while getting back up, standing in front of him and extending both her arms toward him. "C'mon, I'll help you up..."

While she waited for Chandler to take her hands and helped him up, she remembered something. She turned her head back to Neil. "I'm sorry to have wasted your time sir, but it looks like I'm not going home just yet... If it's any help, you can keep that turkey if you want, though. My parents are going to be mad at me for coming home late anyway, so you might as well take it" she explained to him. It was a very expensive turkey that she didn't even pay for, and if she was going to be punished at home, she wasn't going to give them the turkey they asked for. Hah. Take that.

I just need to remember to pay back that man from before... she thought to herself while pulling Chandler back up. She stood on the side of his injured leg and slowly wrapped an awkward arm around his waist. This was definitely the closest she'd ever been to a boy her age. "Just... put your arm over my shoulder..." she said.

@york

Not too long after she'd heard a thud coming from Chandler's room, she heard another, this time around coming from her and Richard's bedroom. She cringed at the sound, and once again hopped to her feet. "Richard..? Are you okay, love...?" she called, tentatively. Before she could venture up the stairs to check on her husband, he had hurried down the stairs and gone to the kitchen. She bit her lip, standing still by the chair she'd been sat in moments before, torn between following and just waiting.

Soon enough, though, her husband joined her, sitting on the armrest of the chair.

She gave a soft smile at his attempt at making a joke, hoping to ward off any worry she stirred up with her fairly evident sadness. Just because she was sad didn't mean he needed to go out of his way to try to cheer her up, so she found it best to try to hide it instead. There was a thoughtful pause, before she answered the remark. "No, not really.. I assume it's the same with you?" she mused. As for his statement, a more sincere smile shone through. "I'm sincerely glad to hear it, love.." she replied. Though, in her head, she couldn't help but doubt Chandler shared Richard's thoughts.

Her attention was very roughly snagged away from the small-talk, however, when she noticed the bruise that had formed on his forehead. Her eyes widened, and worry immediately flooded her features. Gently and carefully, she went to cup his face in her hands, eyebrows furrowed in worry. "..What happened??" she demanded, though it was out of care. Not waiting for an answer, she moved away, going to the kitchen a grabbing an ice bag. She then returned, coming to a halt before her husband. "Here.. Hold still..." she instructed, caringly and carefully going to hold the bag to his forehead.

"Now.. What on Earth did you do to yourself, love..?"

Oh my~

@Atomyk
"No, wait--" He gingerly reached out to stop her, ultimately only succeeding in running a hand along her arm. His cheeks turned a slight heated shade of red despite the ice pack, and Ike found himself staring into the eyes of his wife. He smiled slightly now, feeling abashed. "It's embarrassing," he muttered, gently stroking her arm now. "I had a bad dream, and ended up waking up a bit alarmed. I doubt anyone will notice but you." He waited a moment in silence, letting Ambrosia take care of him. It was a small moment, but yet another in a long line that made him wonder how he'd ended up with someone as amazing as her. Dating had never been easy for Richard, but somehow this one one amazing, kind of quirky girl ended up in his arms, and he couldn't be happier about it.

"I guess I should ask if you're still up for going out tonight. We can stay in-- just relax, if you want." Relax in this case really wasn't an euphemism. The pair of them had been through a long day, and staying in felt like a decent idea to Richard, especially after his battle with the desk. "Not that I'm trying to pressure you or anything. I'm just-- uh, yeah." Coughing slightly, he offered Ambrosia another smile as he waited on her response.

@A Wild Sav

Emily looked at the boy for a while. It felt like she was taking so much time to think of something to say, that she was only making the situation more awkward for her. Why did she even propose to help him home? If her parents found out, they would definitely lock her in a room for a week or so. And on top of that, they were expecting her to be home soon, and she still had an hour long walk to go. This was such a horrible, horrible idea.

But once again, Emily was speechless for a while. Did he actually just tell her to keep on whining about her problems? She was sure that any other boy from school would've made her shut up by now. What was he doing? Maybe it was some kind of trick to get her to lower her guard? In any case, she didn't care. Maybe he really would listen.

She remained quiet and just looked at Chandler while getting back up, standing in front of him and extending both her arms toward him. "C'mon, I'll help you up..."

While she waited for Chandler to take her hands and helped him up, she remembered something. She turned her head back to Neil. "I'm sorry to have wasted your time sir, but it looks like I'm not going home just yet... If it's any help, you can keep that turkey if you want, though. My parents are going to be mad at me for coming home late anyway, so you might as well take it" she explained to him. It was a very expensive turkey that she didn't even pay for, and if she was going to be punished at home, she wasn't going to give them the turkey they asked for. Hah. Take that.

I just need to remember to pay back that man from before... she thought to herself while pulling Chandler back up. She stood on the side of his injured leg and slowly wrapped an awkward arm around his waist. This was definitely the closest she'd ever been to a boy her age. "Just... put your arm over my shoulder..." she said.

@york

@york

The silent moment between waiting for responses from Emily made Chandler nervous every time. He wondered what she was thinking and if she was really okay with any of the things he said to her. He watched the young girl stand up, however, and listened to her apologize to Neil before taking her arms to pull himself up. He felt his body sting in pain when he moved, but for the most part he could stand just fine.

"Uh, I appreciate the help too," Chandler finally said to Neil. "And the bandages too. Merry Christmas, sir," he said, trying extra hard to be polite. He normally didn't care about being too polite to strangers, but he wanted to be nice so that this man hopefully wouldn't tell Chandler's parents what he saw.

Listening to Emily, Chandler put his arm around her shoulder. He felt his face grow warm, realizing that this was also the closest he had probably ever gotten to a girl other than his mom. "Okay, just walk straight down the sidewalk. I'll tell you when we reach my house. It's on the left," he explained. "I hope your parents don't get mad though. You seem really responsible and I notice you're one of the top students in class. They should be proud, right?" he wondered.

Still in a panicky state, pulled her hands back and let Chandler sit up with Neil's help. She then nervously played with her own fingers, trying to calm her own mind and assure herself that he was fine. This was taking her quite a while.

As soon as Neil pulled out a roll of bandages and told Chandler to wrap it around his knee, Emily reached out and snatched it out of his hand before Chandler could. "No, he's hurt! I'll do it" she quickly said, unrolling the bandages, then pausing for a while as she stared at Chandler's wound. "... Your pants are in the way..." she said. "... I-I mean, the leg of your pants is in the way. I can't... y'know, wrap this around if... the leg of your pants is in the way..." Her voice grew softer and more quiet as she spoke, until she was completely silent again, with a deep blush on her face, cursing at herself in her head.

Just be cool! Don't look like a sensitive little wimp! she thought to herself. Making herself look weak and sensitive only resulted in being bullied at school, so she decided it might be best to be a bit more assertive than she was being right now. Her sudden change of attitude was pretty obvious, but she wasn't thinking too much about that right now. "... Y-Y'know, it's your own fault! You shoulda watched where you were going!" she barked at Chandler, handing him the bandages. "... You do it."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@york

Chandler rubbed the back of his after speaking, again feeling ashamed for a moment about his accident. What if his parents found out about this? He really hoped they wouldn't. The teen already got in trouble for enough things! Like the computer and game controllers he broke, his poor grades in school, and occasionally skipping class. He didn't want to add making a stupid mistake to the list. So far as Chandler knew, only two people had seen the situation. Maybe if he was lucky, it would stay that way.

When Chandler glanced up, he realized Neil had offered him some bandages. Before he could either accept or decline taking them, however, Emily reached out and took them herself. She seemed worried, even offering to patch up his wounds for him. His heart skipped a beat and he scooted back a little. Emily giving him treatment like this... was only his dream come true! But sadly, even if it was something he wanted to enjoy, he didn't think he would be able to. He was already too nervous. Chandler just knew he was going to screw something up.

For a second, Emily herself seemed nervous, or at least he thought she did. But suddenly, in the blink of an eye, her attitude changed. She scolded Chandler and shoved the bandages at him. "H-Hey, it's not entirely my fault!" he shot back, unsure what to make of her behavior. At school she was usually a sweet girl. He didn't understand why she wasn't being that way now. "I just didn't look where I was going because... uh... you were distracting me, okay?"

Chandler frowned after speaking, wanting to bang his head on the ground. What a stupid thing to say to her! The teen realized he had entirely put his foot in his mouth! He fumbled with the bandages for a second, getting a bit of blood on them before dropping them back on the ground by accident. If Emily was being a bit tougher, maybe he needed to be too.

"Look, I can handle myself. Don't worry," he spat out. "Like you said, it was my fault anyhow."

Sure, it was his fault, but those scratches and burns stung like hell!
Distracting him? Emily thought to herself. What does he mean by that? While she was trying to think of a decent reason, she watched Chandler struggle with his bandages. She felt bad. Very bad. She wanted to be assertive, but now Emily felt like she was just rude to him. She didn't want him to think she was rude, of course not. She wanted him to like her. Be assertive, just don't be rude. Show that you care, but don't show it too much... I guess...

She snatched the bandages out of Chandler's hands once again, keeping quiet for a few seconds after that to think of what to say and do. "... You don't have to take care of yourself. You're injured, you don't have to take care of yourself."

You just said that, you idiot!

She then lowered her head, trying to hide the blush that was definitely starting to show. Just get it over with and help him... Emily continued to take Chandler's pant leg and gently roll it up, going especially slow when passing the wound on his knee, trying her best to keep the fabric from touching it. She kept her eyes on his face as she did so, looking for any signs of pain.

"There... Now... I guess I just... wrap this around your knee, right?" She looked at Chandler, then at Neil, hoping for an answer from either one of them.

@york

@york

@york

@york

@york

@york

The silent moment between waiting for responses from Emily made Chandler nervous every time. He wondered what she was thinking and if she was really okay with any of the things he said to her. He watched the young girl stand up, however, and listened to her apologize to Neil before taking her arms to pull himself up. He felt his body sting in pain when he moved, but for the most part he could stand just fine.

"Uh, I appreciate the help too," Chandler finally said to Neil. "And the bandages too. Merry Christmas, sir," he said, trying extra hard to be polite. He normally didn't care about being too polite to strangers, but he wanted to be nice so that this man hopefully wouldn't tell Chandler's parents what he saw.

Listening to Emily, Chandler put his arm around her shoulder. He felt his face grow warm, realizing that this was also the closest he had probably ever gotten to a girl other than his mom. "Okay, just walk straight down the sidewalk. I'll tell you when we reach my house. It's on the left," he explained. "I hope your parents don't get mad though. You seem really responsible and I notice you're one of the top students in class. They should be proud, right?" he wondered.

Neil shrugged a little, deciding to hand over the Turkey, holding it out for them "I... Really don't know what to do with this... Thanks for the offer though." he said, looking a bit confused about the entire ordeal. Really, he would have loved to keep something like this but, he had no clue how to prepare a turkey... Much less how he was supposed to lug this thing around with him all the way back to his house, he turned to the boy and nodded a bit "Carefull next time." he said, tilting his head a little before turning to Emily, wondering if they were alright with taking the turkey bag. If not, he'd just have to put up with dragging the thing around for a few hours or so before he finally figures out where exactly he was going to put that thing. He looked towards the distance where a party was happening before turning to the two again "You going to that Christmas Party?" he asked, namely out of curiousity... If it really came down to it, maybe he would visit that place a bit.​

@york

Emily looked at Neil when he asked them a question. "Oh... No, sir, I don't think I will, I'm sorry... My parents don't allow me to, we're holding a family dinner and they want me to be there" she said in response, not looking too happy about it. "I guess I'll take this with me then, if you really don't want it" she said, nodding to the bag with the turkey in it. "Thank you very much again sir, I really appreciate your help... But I'll be helping my friend get back home now, if you don't mind... I hope I'll see you around some time, merry Christmas" she said with a light smile and a nod of her head

Keeping Chandler's arm around her shoulder, Emily couldn't help but smile a little bit as she started walking down the sidewalk, following the young boy's directions. Although she wasn't exactly used to being so close to anyone, she was enjoying it in a certain way. However, when he mentioned her parents again, the smile faded away. "They... They're cool with it..." she softly said. "I mean, I'm sure they're proud, but... They never really mention school unless I had bad grades or something. " She sighed and shrugged. "They always find some excuse to get mad at me or b--." she stopped herself again.

The rest of the way to Chandler's home, Emily's was rather quiet, apart from the occasional "You alright?" to make sure Chandler wasn't pushing himself too hard. In any case, eventually, the pair reached their destination. She took her classmate to the front door, but before knocking, she looked at Chandler's knee, then at his face. She was having some trouble keeping straight eye contact with him, she felt a little awkward being so close to him. But she didn't mind much at all.
"Uhm... What are you gonna tell them? 'Cuz they're gonna see your pants are ruined and they'll probably ask about the bandages too... A-And what should I say if they ask me? Are they nice... Do you think they're gonna like me?"

// Adding response to you now yorkiboo <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.