Illusion Game I: The Distraction of the Falling Worlds

• Thread starter TheColourlessRainbow
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Like whatever, Melody. " Lola replied as she rolled her eyes. "Ratchet is what ratchet does. Like, Kevin and I totally went to second base last night and we would have gotten further if Marissa didn't interrupt us like, I don't even know what her problem was. Just because a guy sends you a dick pick doesn't mean you're exclusive, you know? He gave me his number and that's sooooo much more legit. Like, 2/3 more legit."

Then she held up the bag she was carrying. "And on top of that because its Christmas the help has a day of. Like help yourself or whatever, I'm totes paying her bills. Like, I thought this was America, or whatever."

@Gummi Bunnies
Even if it were almost like the stuff she's been up to lately, Melody did find her annoying, something about Lola's tone of voice just pissed her off.

"Alright, I get it. TMI much?" she sighed, and for a moment pulling out her phone to check if her boyfriend bothered to respond her texts... Nope. Oh, when she manages to catch sight of him again... For now, she might as well take her time on heading back to her house, but then again... her house was pretty much in the same direction as Lola's. Well, this wasn't going to be a quiet stroll back.

"... as for me, I won't be doing anything else once I step back into my house. It's all smooth sailing for me. All the work I'll be doing for the rest of Christmas is organizing my belongings with whatever new possessions I get this year," Melody decided to make some conversation, just so she could hear her own voice a bit more than Lola's. This was also another time and chance for her to gloat on what she would be doing for the next 10 or more hours.

@Jeremi

Even if it were almost like the stuff she's been up to lately, Melody did find her annoying, something about Lola's tone of voice just pissed her off.

"Alright, I get it. TMI much?" she sighed, and for a moment pulling out her phone to check if her boyfriend bothered to respond her texts... Nope. Oh, when she manages to catch sight of him again... For now, she might as well take her time on heading back to her house, but then again... her house was pretty much in the same direction as Lola's. Well, this wasn't going to be a quiet stroll back.

"... as for me, I won't be doing anything else once I step back into my house. It's all smooth sailing for me. All the work I'll be doing for the rest of Christmas is organizing my belongings with whatever new possessions I get this year," Melody decided to make some conversation, just so she could hear her own voice a bit more than Lola's. This was also another time and chance for her to gloat on what she would be doing for the next 10 or more hours.

@Jeremi

"Like everything I say is gospel. #LolaRules. Don't you follow me on Twitter @LolaGurrl? I've got like a million followers." Lola got a cheerful disposition after having said that. She did matter and the people she hanged with was the top of partying and good times. Didn't matter what Melody said. "And like I'm just going to lay down call Marissa, use the tanning booth cause seriously, color is love, and just hang cause I have the place all to myself cause daddy's on a business trip again. It's just like, really awesome."

She'd turn her head towards Melody with a goofy grin on her face. "Like I know you're like a tweener or whatever, but you could like just come over to my place and hang or whatever after your thing. Like it's Christmas and everything so it's kind of a bummer to not spend it with people, you know?" A possible olivebranch? Or just Lola's way to hopefully get someone to her place that wouldn't burn down the house if they used the stove.

@Gummi Bunnies

Prologue: He Whom Slumbers
The ghastly white of snow encircled a small, humble wooden cottage settled snugly in the advancing grasps of an extensive yet dormant woodlands. Upon the front porch of the cottage, a middle-aged man sat, dressed in a formal, Cold-War era business suit. Oddly, the capitalist entrepreneur's face was unnaturally cloaked, only the faint silhouette of his scruffy, tanned lower jaw visible. In the aging man's hands, an even older, single-action revolver pistol rested in his hands. The firearm was but a relic of an era long ago, and as the infamous man twirled the cylinder, hearing the metal twist and churn, he could not recall the last time he had actually shot it. Pulling the hammer of the pistol back, the old man pointed the firearm off into the woodlands surrounding his cottage, squinting his eyes underneath his shadowy cloak as a soft sound hit his eardrums...

Click

Empty, just as the entrepreneur recalled. Arising, Mr. Richard, a prominent yet mysterious business leader of the local region began to quietly leave his humble abode. Holstering the ancient pistol into the flaps of his thick overcoat, the businessman tucked his bare hands into the pockets of his ebony overcoat. Walking solemnly down his driveway, Mr. Richard felt the snow crunching against his leather boots as his unknown gaze caught the bright neon lights of fanatical Christmas joy. Pausing, looking at his visible breath as the snow gathered, the aging enigma kept along his afternoon stroll about the streets of this petite town.

Keeping his head low, the elder passed by two young ladies, speaking of "hashtags" and "followers" of a deluded generation blinded by the false hopes of social interaction. Mr. Richard was no such stranger to it, and had even considered getting a Twitter at one point, but preferred personally the company of himself. Ensuring he was not being rude and walked around the two young women, a soft tune emitted from his lips, which oddly sounded alluringly good. Mr. Richard had once pursued a career in singing, and strangely, he didn't sound like an awkward grandfather reliving the nostalgia of old military hymns. Yet, a bit disturbingly, is tone held a more Gothic approach, rather than the joys of the Christmas melodies filling the atmosphere. Heading towards the Town Hall slowly, Mr. Richard's dark tone followed closely behind him, like a shadow following a shadow.
I forever dream within a dream
Sitting by the lonesome stream.
A raven cawing, a moon shinin'
Waiting for a ray of benign till
Nevermore.

@Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Anyone out on the streets​

Bubba would continue on his way to where the paper said the party would be, periodically taking it out from his "storage" to check. He didn't really need it though; Bubba has dutifully patrolled the town long enough to formulate a mental map in his head, mostly based on landmarks. Yessir, despite his large size and stature, Bubba is indeed clever and smart (in his personal opinion). While Bubba obnoxiously stomps through the town, he examines the area around him; empty. Not alot of people around, the only people he saw today were those children and Zhang. Its probably just because its Christmas, yeah, that's why.

Bubba would cross the Town Hall, and with ease he would notice Mr. Richard (or as Bubba personally refers to him; Hat Man). Bubba has rarely seen Mr. Richard but can recognize him by, well, his hat. Bubba hasn't seen anyone else wear a hat as suave as Hat Man. As such, Bubba's porthole lights would flash green as the behemoth lets out a questionably happy groan and wave in Mr. Richards direction.

@Krieg
@Anyone else nearby

Little Emily looked at the man approaching her, almost feeling intimidated by him. A man with dark red hair was sometihng she hadn't seen many times before. But luckily, he didn't seem to be looking for a fight or anything like that. In fact, he actually offered the help the small girl.

"Oh... Thanks, sir, but..." she started, switching the bag from her left to her right hand again. "... I think I'll be fine. Besides, my parents would kill me if they saw me coming home with a boy... Even if it doesn't mean anything. A-And it's not that far, I just need to get to the farmhouse!" she assured him. But in truth, the farmhouse was still at least good hour's walk away. Emily hoped the man wouldn't see through her lie. After all, there weren't many people in town who didn't know about the huge farm a couple miles out of town. Not necessarily because the Lake family was so well known, but mostly because it was the only interesting thing around for a long distance.

She didn't like lying, but what she liked even less is feeling like she was a bother to people. She didn't want to trouble this man with her burdens, and least of all did she want him to waste two hours of his time on her.

[btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/illusion-game-i-the-distraction-of-the-falling-worlds.104268/page-2#post-2102816]Emily's sign-up sheet[/btn][btn=moda|http://i.gyazo.com/cf36ff478cc3940371923781da94d20e.png]What Emily's wearing[/btn]
Neil Magnus
@Jenny
Neil rubbed the back of his neck a little, tilting his head at the amount of items this girl was carrying, he blinked once, then twice... A little stumped for a moment as he thought about what she said for the moment, though he shrugged, clearly not having anything better to do today, and he already had a sneaking suspicion that farm house was much further than she suggested, he couldn't remember seeing farm land too close here. "Could you... At least let me help you carry everything until we're close?" He asked, trying not to come off as rude, though it was uncertain if that was the case or not, he figured if her parents wouldn't take seeing him too well, he could duck behind a bush or something, as cliche as that sounded. Though, instead of reflecting on that too much, he just waited, tilting his head a little at the girl to see what she would think about that suggestion, he couldn't quite understand why he had the sudden urge to help though... Maybe it was just a product of his own boredom?​

Surprisingly, Chandler hadn't heard from his Mom or Step-dad for a while. He took advantage of this free time on Christmas day to flame some noobs in online gaming via his new Xbox. The teen typed:

L0L noO8 U 5Uck

G0 h0mE T0 UR mUm l05er

KIss my 4ZZ

l0lz

Oh yeah, he was having a good old time pwning some major noob ass. He laughed to himself, and actually let his guard down. He wasn't going to lose. In fact, these losers probably wouldn't even kill him one--

"Sh*t!" Chandler exclaimed, gripping hard onto his controller.

What the hell!? How did they kill him!?

Chandler was pissed. He rage quitted from his game, throwing his controller at the wall hard enough to leave a dent, before he went over to his computer to look for a different game to play.

"Aww sweet, I Am Bread finished downloading," he said with a smirk, loading up the game.

10 Minutes later

Chandler rage quitted again!

How could controlling a piece of bread be so damn hard!?

"I friggin' hate this dumb ass game!" he shouted, a string of curse words slipping from his mouth afterwards. He flipped his expensive gaming computer onto the floor, panicking after he realized what he had done. "Oh crap, no, I'm sorry!" he exclaimed, rushing over to his computer, picking it up in his arms and cradling it like an ever so precious child.

"Sh*t, I hope I didn't break it. Mom will be pissed. This is the 3rd computer I've had... ugh... I can't help it if developers make dumb sh*t games that piss me off and make me want to throw stuff," he grumbled.

Speaking of his parents, Chandler actually remembered something...

"Oh crap, that reminds me... I was supposed to get wrapping paper for those presents!"

His mom asked him to run to the store yesterday, but he never did. Maybe, since his parents hadn't called him yet, they hadn't realized yet. Taking advantage of this, Chandler hopped to his feet, put on a light jacket, grabbed his skateboard, and rushed out of his room.

"I'm going out for a bit," Chandler cried out in case his parents really were around. He then exited the house, hopping onto his skateboard and riding out onto the sidewalk. More focused on his task at hand, Chandler didn't notice that he began to drift into the road as he rode along.

And a car was quickly approaching him from behind...

@Anyone. :)​

Neil Magnus
@Jenny
Neil rubbed the back of his neck a little, tilting his head at the amount of items this girl was carrying, he blinked once, then twice... A little stumped for a moment as he thought about what she said for the moment, though he shrugged, clearly not having anything better to do today, and he already had a sneaking suspicion that farm house was much further than she suggested, he couldn't remember seeing farm land too close here. "Could you... At least let me help you carry everything until we're close?" He asked, trying not to come off as rude, though it was uncertain if that was the case or not, he figured if her parents wouldn't take seeing him too well, he could duck behind a bush or something, as cliche as that sounded. Though, instead of reflecting on that too much, he just waited, tilting his head a little at the girl to see what she would think about that suggestion, he couldn't quite understand why he had the sudden urge to help though... Maybe it was just a product of his own boredom?​
Emily stared at the man for a while, looking nervously from left to right, as if her parents were watching her right then. "If... If it's really no trouble..." she hesitantly said, slowly holding out her bag to the man, opening it to show him the contents. Inside was only one thing; a 10 pound turkey. It wasn't too heavy for hey, but carrying it for such a long distance would probably be too much.

As soon as he would take the bag from her, Emily would let out a small sigh of relief and rub her hand. She'd only been carrying the thing for about half an hour, and it was already straining her arm muscles. "Thank you sir... I really do appreciate it" she said as she walked along, leading the way for the man.

"Oh!" she suddenly exclaimed a few seconds later. "I'm so sorry sir, I haven't even introduced myself... My name is Emily Lake. It's a pleasure to meet you."

[btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/illusion-game-i-the-distraction-of-the-falling-worlds.104268/page-2#post-2102816]Emily's sign-up sheet[/btn][btn=moda|http://i.gyazo.com/cf36ff478cc3940371923781da94d20e.png]What Emily's wearing[/btn]

Last edited:
discord_by_bronyb34r-d4upxmc.png

"All in one, none is all!" shouted Discord as he looked from one guest entering the town hall to another, he was the mayor of this small quarantined town, and one who cared less for laws and rules. He grinned as he saw bubba and Mr. Richard, he snapped his fingers to make the two teleport and begin to walk into the town hall.

"Oh. How boring! Why doesn't Elliot let me have any fun...." mumbled Discord as he followed behind bubba and Mr. Richard inside, attending the Christmas party.

@Krieg
@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Emily stared at the man for a while, looking nervously from left to right, as if her parents were watching her right then. "If... If it's really no trouble..." she hesitantly said, slowly holding out her bag to the man, opening it to show him the contents. Inside was only one thing; a 10 pound turkey. It wasn't too heavy for hey, but carrying it for such a long distance would probably be too much.

As soon as he would take the bag from her, Emily would let out a small sigh of relief and rub her hand. She'd only been carrying the thing for about half an hour, and it was already straining her arm muscles. "Thank you sir... I really do appreciate it" she said as she walked along, leading the way for the man.

"Oh!" she suddenly exclaimed a few seconds later. "I'm so sorry sir, I haven't even introduced myself... My name is Emily Lake. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Neil Magnus
Neil blinked, noticing the out of ordinary behavior she displayed, but, he nodded, even offering a bit of an awkward, but friendly smile as he inspected the contents of the bag; a rather large looking turkey, looked like it wouldn't be that hard to carry, but, perhaps it would be a cause for concern if they were walking a long distance. He shrugged a little and took the bag, huffing a little before he hauled it over his shoulder to make it easier, being carefull not to damage the turkey in there. Hearing her thank him, he instinctively replies, trying to be as modest as possible "It's nothing... Really." he said, keeping his tone as level as he could, he seemed to be doing fine right now, but, only time would tell how long he could hold something like this for. Though upon hearing her mention her name, Neil blinked, how could HE have forgotten such a thing as well? Soon enough, he regained his composure and nodded "And I'm Neil... Neil Magnus." he said slowly, wondering if he had ever revealed his name before on duty, though upon a moment of brief reflection he figured it wasn't a big deal sharing his name here with a stranger. "It's a pleasure to meet you too... Emily." Neil said, seeming to stumble over his words just a little, oh the joys of lacking social experience​

Ib rubs his head as he sits alone, the small bottle in front of him half empty as he lets out a gentle sigh. Rubbing his brow for a moment as he looked at the invitation to the party, before rubbing his eyes tiredly "I guess I should get going" he groans with a sigh

He throws on his coat and heads out the door, heading toward the party he'd been invited to

It was hard to live alone, the isolation felt...cold to him, he hated it, and he wondered why, he'd been fine to live alone for a long time, but one day, he couldn't even remember when, it all changed, he felt like he'd lost his only friend, and he couldn't explain it, he hadn't made any friends to lose...not that he could remember...he'd always been alone, working, eating and sleeping alone...

But he didn't spend too much time on the matter, he just pushed on with his journey to the party

Prologue: Christmas Carl-ing and Dreams of Stars

Alllll the puns >=3

Once upon a time, a certain blonde woman who lit up everywhere she went like a light bulb found herself knocked out of her home amongst the stars. She was knocked unconscious, and left with a broken leg, in a crater she herself had created. Soon enough, she re-awoke, staggering to her feet after garnishing the very necklace that had knocked her from the heavens.

She was discovered by a young man and kidnapped by him, dragged off on an adventure she didn't agree to. This adventure consisted of being trapped in a burning house and narrowly surviving, being captured and taken in by sky-sailing pirates, being chased by three witches and a prince, and being bound to a table to have her heart cut out. But somehow, the woman made it out alive...

...Only to become queen, of course; adopt children, and eventually having to watch the people she loved so deeply die around her. After such, she ascended back to her perch in the sky, returning to staying there alone, her focus left only to her thoughts and shining to light the sky at night, despite how dark and lonely everything now felt to her.

Then, yet again, Yvaine was given a not-so-gentle shove forward from fate. This time around, though, she wasn't knocked from the sky... She was dragged into a whole different universe! She encountered and befriended a girl named Ray, a man named Gregory House, and an Alicorn named Arthur.

The three had a number of days together, before Ray and Art met their deaths. Yvaine almost met her own, but was saved by House, before they were dragged out of this universe as well and into a duplicate of the prior world. Here, she reunited with House and met some new friends as well(including R2-D2, The Tenth Doctor, Jack Harkness, and some others).

Not long after, House was murdered, causing the North Star's heart to shatter. She partook in the discussion on suspects, though she made little progress before the traitors were revealed, at which point she confronted one before setting off in hopes of stopping an army revealed to be trying to destroy the multiverse.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a very special morning for Ambrosia.. Christmas. One of the few days of the year that didn't have the same mundane routine. Admittedly, this was her favorite holiday; it allowed for some quality time with her dysfunctional family.. Something she seldom got. Ever since the fire... Things hadn't been the same. Chandler had distanced himself from her, her twin had visited more often, and she had eventually gotten re-married to a man named Richard.

That morning, Ambrosia had awoken early, and prepared a nice surprise breakfast for Chandler and Richard; something she liked to do for the two on the holidays. She had wrapped all her presents the day before, and they sat in a picturesque manner under the tree. Or, they had, up until Richard and Chandler had opened their gifts, and she had, hers.

She'd given Chandler two new games and a gift card(that was from both her and Richard), and whatever else that kid likes<3. And Richard, some new books, a watch, and whatever the hell else it is that Richard guy likes. ;D After they were done with presents, though, Chandler retreated to his room.. Something that made his mother quite sad(y u do dis Chan ;( ). However, she reluctantly let him be, despite longing desperately to spend time with her only son.

The day passed quite quickly, to be honest.. And something just didn't feel quite right to her, though she couldn't quite put her finger on why. After all... She'd spent the day with Richard and all had been fine.. Mayhaps it was only the sorrow of her son avoiding her? Or even the longing that had clawed at her heart ever since the fire to be spending the days with her deceased husband.

Regardless.. She didn't let her focus dwell on that.

Later in the evening, she noticed Chandler come out of his room, and offered the fourteen-year-old a small smile and wave. "Hey, Chand.. How are yo-?" before she could finish the question, her son had already turned and gone right back into his room. This caused a sigh to pass the woman's pale lips, and she looked down sadly.

Soon after, her son appeared again. This time around, there was a thud just before he showed, which had put his mother on end. "Chandler? Are you okay?" she called, climbing to her feet just in case. Before she could go to check on him, he had dashed out the door, saying he was going out for a while. "Alright, honey.. Just be safe, okay?" she called after him. "I love you!"

With that, she just sat back down, solemnly.

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Last edited:
Neil Magnus
Neil blinked, noticing the out of ordinary behavior she displayed, but, he nodded, even offering a bit of an awkward, but friendly smile as he inspected the contents of the bag; a rather large looking turkey, looked like it wouldn't be that hard to carry, but, perhaps it would be a cause for concern if they were walking a long distance. He shrugged a little and took the bag, huffing a little before he hauled it over his shoulder to make it easier, being carefull not to damage the turkey in there. Hearing her thank him, he instinctively replies, trying to be as modest as possible "It's nothing... Really." he said, keeping his tone as level as he could, he seemed to be doing fine right now, but, only time would tell how long he could hold something like this for. Though upon hearing her mention her name, Neil blinked, how could HE have forgotten such a thing as well? Soon enough, he regained his composure and nodded "And I'm Neil... Neil Magnus." he said slowly, wondering if he had ever revealed his name before on duty, though upon a moment of brief reflection he figured it wasn't a big deal sharing his name here with a stranger. "It's a pleasure to meet you too... Emily." Neil said, seeming to stumble over his words just a little, oh the joys of lacking social experience​
Emily smiled a little, looking ahead of her. "Thank you, sir..." she softly said, keeping both her hands in her pockets to let them warm up a little bit. "I really do appreciate you helping me, but feel free to tell me whenever you feel tired, I'd be happy to take over. I don't wanna trouble you too much with what was supposed to be my b--"

The small girl quickly suddenly stopped talking when her eyes fell on a very familiar person walking on the street. Chandler, that boy from her class with the adorable eyes and cute haircut and his charming smile. Of all the boys at her school, he was definitely the one she hated the least. She and him barely ever spoke, and when they did it usually ended in awkwardness, which she didn't like much. Saying that she was in love with him would be a little too much, but Emily definitely had a special sort of respect and admiration for the boy. His attitude at school made him look so careless, so cheerful and... free.

She didn't even realize she was staring at the boy, not even seeming aware of Neil being beside her anymore, until the moment when she heard a car approaching. The sound of it quickly snapped her out of her 'trance', and when she saw the vehicle approaching the unaware little boy, showing no hints of slowing down, she did all she could to try and get his attention:

"CHAN!" she called out to him, her voice cracking and turning into a squeakish kind of of noise. Emily started running toward him, but she knew there was no way for her to be there in time to push him out of the way. She'd just have to hope he heard her.

Kim, he better have heard her.

"I'm not much for politics. All I do is live by my principles, my sword, and my friends. What can I say? I won't change who I am, even if it means fighting you."

These words were not his own, and yet they seemed so familiar to him. Like so many others this fine day, Richard was dreaming, his scattered filled with war and epic battles. He was a great warrior, someone both respected and feared by the enemy. He was big here, tougher, a part of something more grand that Richard could ever imagine. These battles were numerous-- practically countless-- but this one had a slight distinction. In the skies above approached storm clouds as back as night, lightning and hail raining down terribly in their wake. A line was being cut across the battlefield, the warriors being divided and destroyed by this anomaly. It wasn't long before it came upon Richard, and he felt his entire body begin to burn. A pain unlike he could ever imagine blossomed in his chest, causing him to scream and shout.

"Wanting to do something that matters is enough. Sometimes, how you feel is more important than how you act."

Waking with a fright, Richard pushed back against his chair, sending it flying out from underneath him. It rolled across the wooden floor, Richard falling forward and slamming his head against the table. Swearing, he scrambled to get on to his feet, his hands reaching up toward the desk and pulling the various books and papers down to the floor. He groaned, before simply collapsed on to the desk, resting his head on one of the open books. There he waited, hoping no one had heard his clumsy commotion. Ambrosia was downstairs, and Chandler was likely too involved in his games, so Richard felt he was in the clear. He raised his head to stare at the book he had open-- the dictionary. His eyes caught on one word in particular: repatriate.

To return to one's own country.

Great.

After hastily tidying up his study, Richard moved downstairs, taking a quick stop in the kitchen to grab he leftovers of the meal that had put him to sleep in the first place. He had always been one to eat a lot. When he heard talking in the next room over, he quickly stuffed the rest of the chicken sandwich he'd made into his mouth. Then, standing in the doorway between the living room and the kitchen, he watched Chandler run out the door. Ambrosia had tried to talk to him, but Chandler did as Chandler does, and left without so much as two sentences said to his mother. When she sat back down, Richard quietly cleared his throat to get her attention, a small smile lighting up his face. Rubbing at his blue hair, he moved to lean against the arm rest of the chair Ambrosia was sitting in. "Nothing new, then?" he said, trying to make a joke of the moment. At the look on his wife's face Richard realized jokes were not what would cheer her up. He sighed and sat on the arm rest, looking down on her. "Today was great, by the way. Loved the watch. Loved the dinner. Chandler loved it too."

Bubba would let out a surprised grunt as Discord pulled his teleport trick-- and this wasn't the first time Discord has done this. Bubba is, as a self-appointed sheriff, supposed to follow Discords law and authority. That is how its supposed to work, but instead, Discord used to have a law of no-law and enjoyed causing mischief for the innocent town folk. Bubba heroically jumped into action and saved the day(and by that I mean he groaned loudly and shook his drill angrily at Discord whilst the local law enforcement took care of it). Nowadays, Discord causes some minor troubles of which Bubba dashes like a true guardian (angry drill shaking).

Bubba gave Discord a look and a disgruntled moan, his portholes briefly flashing red and his drill revving a few times. Most townfolk know to take warning when Bubbas eyes go red; it is a signal of anger and usually a tell-tale sign that Bubba is about to drill some criminals. Sadly, it would be indecent to drill Discord in a public area and plus the troublemaker would just pull some rude illusion trick and make Bubba have to find him. In a way, its a Tom and Jerry relationship in which Bubba is sadly Tom.

bioshock_big_daddy__digital_painting_by_bigbigbigdaddy-d4olpie.jpg

Nonetheless, Bubba would enter the party to guard the people.

@TheColourlessRainbow
@Anyone else heading to the party

With a kick of his foot, Chandler jostled himself forward on his skateboard. The wind brushed hard against him as he moved along, blowing back his coco brown hair. He felt so relaxed and free whoever he was out in the open, yet somehow he always felt on guard as if danger was waiting for him around every corner. Chandler wasn't sure why he felt that way either. He had always been safe for his entire life, hadn't he? This neighborhood was a very safe place to live...

After a moment of thinking about these things, Chandler was broken from his thoughts by seeing a familiar face from across the street. It was Emily, the girl he admired from school. She was so pretty, sweet, and even smart. Her grades at school, in fact, were nothing to sneeze at. She wasn't like other girls, that was for certain. A girl like her could he his player 2 any day.

While he was looking at Emily, Chandler realized she began to run toward him, yelling something. He quickly became flustered. "Crap, why is she coming over here? I'm not ready to face her right now! My present for her isn't even ready!" he thought, floundering for something to say when she inevitably arrived.

Although he was rather flustered, he finally realized Emily was gesturing to something being him. Glancing over his shoulder, Chandler realized a car was just a couple feet behind him! The young man yelped and leaped off his skateboard to dodge the car, tumbling and rolling along the ground until he came close to the sidewalk. He lied on the ground, heart pounding in his chest, as he realized his right pant leg was now ripped and he had a bloody knee. His body hurt in other places too, burning sensations plaguing his back, arm, and the right side of his cheek. Still, it could've been worse. He hadn't been hit by a car.

@Jenny @Anyone around

Zhang Min thought about the words Cal mentioned, that snow should not be present in a temperature like there was today, as she practiced with her sword inside of her home. She also found the appearance of "Bubba" one she somehow did not notice in the town before, to be very unusual. Was there something unusual in the air around the town now, she thought.

zhang_ziyi.jpg

After some time of practicing alone, Zhang put her thoughts towards the party. She ate one of the buns she had prepared, and started to get ready to attend the party.

Emily smiled a little, looking ahead of her. "Thank you, sir..." she softly said, keeping both her hands in her pockets to let them warm up a little bit. "I really do appreciate you helping me, but feel free to tell me whenever you feel tired, I'd be happy to take over. I don't wanna trouble you too much with what was supposed to be my b--"

The small girl quickly suddenly stopped talking when her eyes fell on a very familiar person walking on the street. Chandler, that boy from her class with the adorable eyes and cute haircut and his charming smile. Of all the boys at her school, he was definitely the one she hated the least. She and him barely ever spoke, and when they did it usually ended in awkwardness, which she didn't like much. Saying that she was in love with him would be a little too much, but Emily definitely had a special sort of respect and admiration for the boy. His attitude at school made him look so careless, so cheerful and... free.

She didn't even realize she was staring at the boy, not even seeming aware of Neil being beside her anymore, until the moment when she heard a car approaching. The sound of it quickly snapped her out of her 'trance', and when she saw the vehicle approaching the unaware little boy, showing no hints of slowing down, she did all she could to try and get his attention:

"CHAN!" she called out to him, her voice cracking and turning into a squeakish kind of of noise. Emily started running toward him, but she knew there was no way for her to be there in time to push him out of the way. She'd just have to hope he heard her.

Kim, he better have heard her.

With a kick of his foot, Chandler jostled himself forward on his skateboard. The wind brushed hard against him as he moved along, blowing back his coco brown hair. He felt so relaxed and free whoever he was out in the open, yet somehow he always felt on guard as if danger was waiting for him around every corner. Chandler wasn't sure why he felt that way either. He had always been safe for his entire life, hadn't he? This neighborhood was a very safe place to live...

After a moment of thinking about these things, Chandler was broken from his thoughts by seeing a familiar face from across the street. It was Emily, the girl he admired from school. She was so pretty, sweet, and even smart. Her grades at school, in fact, were nothing to sneeze at. She wasn't like other girls, that was for certain. A girl like her could he his player 2 any day.

While he was looking at Emily, Chandler realized she began to run toward him, yelling something. He quickly became flustered. "Crap, why is she coming over here? I'm not ready to face her right now! My present for her isn't even ready!" he thought, floundering for something to say when she inevitably arrived.

Although he was rather flustered, he finally realized Emily was gesturing to something being him. Glancing over his shoulder, Chandler realized a car was just a couple feet behind him! The young man yelped and leaped off his skateboard to dodge the car, tumbling and rolling along the ground until he came close to the sidewalk. He lied on the ground, heart pounding in his chest, as he realized his right pant leg was now ripped and he had a bloody knee. His body hurt in other places too, burning sensations plaguing his back, arm, and the right side of his cheek. Still, it could've been worse. He hadn't been hit by a car.

@Jenny @Anyone around
Neil Magnus
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jenny @Anyone else

The next few moments happened in slow motion, Neil turned his head to see a someone walking towards Emily, the two seemed to be familiar with each other and all. Though, suddenly, noticing that Emily was gesturing to something behind that boy, he squinted his eyes, looking closely, it was a car, headed straight for him "Awww sh-..." he managed to utter, starting to run forwards, keeping a tight hold on that bag; bad move, that Turkey was heavier than one would expect, slowing him down... The boy managed to get out of the way, barely, making a rather rough landing onto the side walk, on the bright side, he didn't need to drop the Turkey and properly damage it, though he was a little unsure why he was so concerned about such a ltitle thing. He tilted his head at the now injured boy, noticing he was injured in various places Neil would usually back away from such a scene, but, his other options weren't favored. Dropping that Turkey and running away would just be impolite and draw unneccesary attention, and trying to sneak away silently with that bag in hand would just make it look like he had robbed someone, he sighed and approached the now injured boy, looking him over. "You alright kid?" he asked him, preparing to reach his free hand over to try and help him up.​

After witnessing the scene in front of her, Emily quickly ran over to Chandler, who was now on the ground. She had no idea what she was going to do if he was badly hurt, but there's no way she could've just left him there. Luckily Neil seemed to be running over as well, maybe he would have some more knowledge on first aid, in case it was necessary.

Emily immediately fell to her knees beside the boy, her eyes wide in panic, her mouth half open in shock, she looked at him, one of her hands on his cheek to gently shake his head. "Chandler? Y-You alright?" she asked him. It didn't take her much longer to notice the boy's bleeding knee. "You're bleeding! You're hurt!" For a moment, Emily moved her hands to the wound, but then stopped, realizing she had no idea what she was supposed to do in this situation. She was still in a bit of a shock, and the sight of blood didn't help to calm her nerves much.

"N-Neil! He's bleeding, he's hurt!" She called out to her newly made friend, her face expressing the definition of panic and worry.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@york

Neil Magnus
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jenny @Anyone else

The next few moments happened in slow motion, Neil turned his head to see a someone walking towards Emily, the two seemed to be familiar with each other and all. Though, suddenly, noticing that Emily was gesturing to something behind that boy, he squinted his eyes, looking closely, it was a car, headed straight for him "Awww sh-..." he managed to utter, starting to run forwards, keeping a tight hold on that bag; bad move, that Turkey was heavier than one would expect, slowing him down... The boy managed to get out of the way, barely, making a rather rough landing onto the side walk, on the bright side, he didn't need to drop the Turkey and properly damage it, though he was a little unsure why he was so concerned about such a ltitle thing. He tilted his head at the now injured boy, noticing he was injured in various places Neil would usually back away from such a scene, but, his other options weren't favored. Dropping that Turkey and running away would just be impolite and draw unneccesary attention, and trying to sneak away silently with that bag in hand would just make it look like he had robbed someone, he sighed and approached the now injured boy, looking him over. "You alright kid?" he asked him, preparing to reach his free hand over to try and help him up.​
After witnessing the scene in front of her, Emily quickly ran over to Chandler, who was now on the ground. She had no idea what she was going to do if he was badly hurt, but there's no way she could've just left him there. Luckily Neil seemed to be running over as well, maybe he would have some more knowledge on first aid, in case it was necessary.

Emily immediately fell to her knees beside the boy, her eyes wide in panic, her mouth half open in shock, she looked at him, one of her hands on his cheek to gently shake his head. "Chandler? Y-You alright?" she asked him. It didn't take her much longer to notice the boy's bleeding knee. "You're bleeding! You're hurt!" For a moment, Emily moved her hands to the wound, but then stopped, realizing she had no idea what she was supposed to do in this situation. She was still in a bit of a shock, and the sight of blood didn't help to calm her nerves much.

"N-Neil! He's bleeding, he's hurt!" She called out to her newly made friend, her face expressing the definition of panic and worry.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@york

Chandler grunted, biting his lower lip as he continued to lay on the ground. He could barely register the sound of a couple people running over to him; the only thing his focus was on for the moment happened to be how badly his knee throbbed. He grabbed his leg, groaning. "Oooh this sucks," he mumbled to himself, not wanting to get up for the moment. Not only did the fall hurt, but it was also embarrassing. He really should've been paying enough attention to notice himself drifting onto the road.

First off, a man arrived next to him, checking to see if Chandler was okay. Afterwards, he could hear Emily's voice also. He flinched lightly when he felt her touch his cheek. "D-Don't worry, I'm okay," he tried to reassure them, taking Neil's hand when it was offered. Instead of using Neil's help to stand up entirely, however, Chandler moved into a sitting position. "I just have a few scratches. I'm sure I'll be fine. I was on my way to the store and I... guess I didn't see that car coming," he admitted, quieter towards the end. Chandler hated to admit when he made a mistake.​

Status
Not open for further replies.