I can't help it... it's genetic (k-mich)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate looked down to Brin's leg. Her foot was in a small hole, at an odd angle. Yeah, totally twisted.

"Alright...okay." Nate looked around them. No matter how he did it, getting Brin up was going to hurt.

"I'm gonna pick you up. Sorry if it hurts." Nate slid his arm underneath his sister and rose as carefully lifted her. His eyes scanned her for any sign of pain.

His arms held her securely as he began to walk forward. He'd sprained his ankles enough times to know what to do by now. He was pretty sure he had an extra brace.

Nate's mind was churning with what needed to be done. He carried his sister swiftly through the snow and into the house. He set her down so carefully, like she was a little china doll.

"Keep it up." His voice was tender as he took a pillow and propped Brin's foot up on it atop of the coffee table. "Try not to move to much okay? Be right back." Nate's hands lingered only for a moment before he went and got Brin some ice for her ankle.

Brin clenched her jaw tightly as Nate slid his arms around her ribs and picked her up off the ground. Her foot was still somewhat lodged in the hole, and being pulled out sent a new, but not nearly as strong, wave of pain through her. She just grit her teeth and tried to do as much as she could so that Nate wouldn't be doing all the work.

They made their way back to the house, Nate babying her the whole way. It was endearing that he cared, but somewhat annoying how gently he set her on the couch, even going so far as to put her legs up for her and prop her foot up with a pillow; twisted/sprained ankle or not, Brin wasn't fragile, and she didn't want anyone -even her brother, no, especially her brother- to think otherwise.

"Thanks," she said warily, and watched him as he turned and walked into the kitchen. The living room and the kitchen were separated by a long bar that divided the large space into two rooms, so she could still see Nate as he leaned into the freezer for the ice pack.

Nate returned rather quickly with an ice pack. He sat next to her ankle on the coffee table an glanced at Brin. "How's it feel?" He asked before turning his attention back to her ankle.

"Mind if I...?" He pointed to her shoe. As much as Nate wanted to take care of her and make sure she was comfortable and didn't have to so much as lift a finger for herself, he realized how overbearing that was.

Brin leaned back on her elbows and pushed herself up a little farther on the couch, grimacing as the adjustment made pain flare. Was every damn movement, no matter how small, going to make her leg hurt? She sighed. "It's fine, just more annoying than anything else."

Brin lay her head back and shut her eyes, but reopened them and looked at Nate when he spoke again. "Hmm? Oh, um..." She frowned, unsure. She didn't want to seem like she needed help, but he had offered and she didn't want to try and contort her body in a way that would cause the least amount of pain in her ankle, but probably extreme discomfort everywhere else. "Yeah, sure, I guess. Just be careful." After a moment, she added, "please."

"Course." Nate smiled, a real smile. He unlaced her boot and carefully slid it off her foot in the least painful way he knew.

He immediately frowned seeing how swollen her ankle was. This was bad. Really bad but he'd know more when the swelling went down. "Honestly? It looks terrible but here's some ice and we'll check it later okay?" Nate smiled reassuring her and placed the ice over her swollen joint. He hoped it wasn't too bad.

"Want anything else? Drink? Food? Tv? Blanket?" Nate began to name things as he bounced his knee. He was getting restless as his nerves built, a habit he had never been able to shake.

As Nate slid her boot off, Brin's eyes fluttered closed and she squeezed them shut, trying to focus on the rhythm of her breath so she wouldn't think about the incessant nag of pain. She had been so careful on the way out of the house, but hadn't thought to watch her step while getting the sleds. She'd need to pay more attention from now on. Brin had been distracted for only a moment, but it was long enough to end up hurting herself.

When the boot was off she softly exhaled a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding, and her body relaxed a bit, glad to have relieved some of the pressure on her ankle that had resulted from being confined within her boots. "Lovely," she replied to Nate's comment about the state of her ankle. "Thanks captain obvious. But thanks for the ice, and you know, helping me out." She flashed him a small smile. "I appreciate it. And I think I'm good," she continued, patting the couch next to her. "Stop worrying about me. I'm fine, really. Come sit with me."

Nate heaved a sigh. He stood, stuffing his hands in his pockets and moved to sit next to Brin.

"Sorry." He mumbled softly before extending one of his arms and wrapping it around her shoulders. "You just worry me." He admitted with a faint, shy smile.

Nate picked up the remote and surfed through the channels. "There is nothing on." He groaned. His short attention span wasn't able to focus on any show that was playing. "Wanna watch Thor?" Nate asked.

The smile that lit his face was reminiscent of a child in a candy store. Nate admittedly loved super hero comics and movies, although the comic thing was totally on the DL.

Brin didn't answer, just nestled her head into the crook of his neck, right above his collarbone, and curled up next to him. His body was warm, but then, he'd always run on the hotter side. She had made fun of him for it when they were little, calling him hot blooded and laughing as he lived up to the name and got angry.

"Do I want to watch Thor? What the hell kind of question is that?" She laughed, and wrapped her arm around his waist before snuggling him tighter. "Of course I want to watch Thor!"

Nate let a smile creep on to his face as Brin snuggled into his side. He couldn't shake the feeling of total comfort he got, like this is where he was supposed to be.

Chuckling he glanced down at his sister. "This is why I love you, ya know." He winked at her and started the movie. "So, you feelin a superhero marathon? I'll even make some popcorn~." Nate smiled excited himself.

"What," Brin said, craning her neck back to look up at him and grinning madly, "you don't love me for my perpetually perfect makeup," she gestured to her face, which wasn't wearing any make up at all, "bleach blonde hair and giant tits?" Brin fake pouted. "I was so sure that this shirt showed off my cleavage, and you haven't even looked once. That's one of the core principles of being a bimbo: being able to attract attention. I'm failing my sacred duty! Alas!"

She pressed the back of her hand to her forehead and sighed dramatically. If she'd wanted to attract male attention, that shirt was definitely not the way to do it. It was just a plain black t shirt with the emblem from a band she loved emblazoned across the front.

"Oh don't get me wrong, those are definitely perks." Nate chuckled while winking. Sometimes Brin was too much.

Nate feigned shock. "I was trying to be a gentleman!....but if you insist~..." Nate tugged at the neck of her shirt and peered through, obviously just playing around. Secretly he was curious but aired on the side of caution. He was so NOT pissing Brin off right now.

He released her shirt and kissed his sisters cheek. "You don't need that crap anyway. You're hot just like that." Nate gave a genuine smile and tucked her safely under his arm.

"Hey I'm gonna make popcorn, be right back okay? Want a drink?" Nate said slowly removing himself from her side. He surpressed a shiver at the loss of warmth and stood. He pressed play on the DVD and let the beginning credit roll while he made some food.

Brin rolled her eyes. She knew she was the one who'd opened the door to that particular conversation, but Nate didn't have to seem so damn enthusiastic about it. She slapped his hand away from her shirt and laughed.

"You're such a pervert." Brin wiped the cheek he kissed and said, "You know, I don't think you're allowed to call me hot either. I'm your sister, you creep." She was smiling the whole time though, and it could be heard in her voice.

"I think I'm good, but I would like a water."

Nate chuckled. "I'm allowed to appreciate a pretty face!" Nate stuck his tongue out at his sister before heading to the kitchen.

It didn't take long to make popcorn and the dark haired twin quickly returned with a bowl of warm popcorn and drinks.

Returning to his spot he handed the water to Brin and settled beside her. Popping open his soda, Nate's arm wrapped around his twins shoulders, popcorn in his lap, as he sipped his drink happily watching one of his favorite movies.

Brin stuck her tongue out back at him. After a moment she realized what Nate had said and raised an eyebrow, both skeptical and amused. "So, you think I'm pretty? How sweet of you." She tried to keep her voice as void of sarcasm as she could, but a little bit slipped in at the end.

When Nate returned she took the water with a smile and a "thank you," before settling back beside Nate to watch Thor. She liked the movie in general, but found that Natalie Portman got under her skin. In Brin's opinion, the actress was highly overrated.

Nate quickly got lost in the movie, it was one of his favorites after all. His chocolate eyes were glued to the screen as Jane absorbed the Either.

His hand on Brin's shoulder moved on it's own, subconsciously. His fingers brushed up and down her arm, just something he had picked up over the years. Nate sipped on his soda quietly as Thor brought Jane to Asguard. "Asguard totally kicks ass.." He murmured to himself, accidentally thinking outloud.

Brin registered Nate's hand stroking her arm softly, but was focused on the movie and didn't think much of it. Instinctively she curled onto her side so that she was facing him, pressing the length of her body against his and bringing her head to rest on his chest. The pain in her ankle had subsided enough that she could ignore it, or at the very least not be distracted by it.

She'd just begun to drift off when she Nate spoke. Brin hadn't realized how tired she was, but the warmth of Nate's body next to hers and the noise of the movie served to lull her to sleep; at least, she was falling asleep until Nate muttered something about Asgard. "Hmm? What'd you say?"

"Hm?" Nate slowly pulled his eyes away from the screen to his sister. He smiled a little seeing her nearly asleep. "Oh, nothing. Asguard's just really cool." He explained in a quiet voice.

His eyes lingered on Brin before turning back to the screen. He was no longer as absorbed. No, his attention was being pulled towards the girl wrapped up in his arm.

Nate glanced down at Brin once more. "Do you wanna go lay down B?" He asked running his hand up and down her arm.

"Oh," Brin mumbled hazily, a lazy smile briefly crossing her face. "I guess it is." She sighed softly, squeezing her arm more tightly around his waist. "But," she said, knowing they'd had this debate multiple times before, "it'll never be as cool as Middle Earth."

"I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm kind of already lying down. And yes," she continued, before he could interrupt her, "I know you meant lie down in bed. And no, I don't want to. I," she said, snuggling up to him, " am quite comfortable right here with you. You make a good pillow."

"Okay, first of all, no it's not. Asguard is the shit, don't even try to lie." Nate laughed playfully. "And second atop being a smart ass." He flicked her, not too hard though.
Being called a good pillow brought a light flush to his face. Nate shifted in his seat with an awkward cough. "Oh, um, okay...thanks. Uh...." Nate turned his gaze back to the television. He shifted his position so that Brin was laying comfortably on him.

"Yeah sure," Brin retorted, perking up a bit. "Asgard is great. But there's no Rivendell or tree herders in Asgard. Anthony Hopkins is awesome, but he sure as hell is no Ian McKellan. Gandalf beats Odin, every time." Brin recoiled and laughed. "You did not just flick me."

Nate being flustered put a smile on Brin's face. She propped herself up and kissed him on the cheek, right next to the corner of his mouth. "You're welcome, my personal pillow pet." She grinned, winking at Nate before placing her head back down on his chest. "So," she said, "I'm definitely awake now. Do you want to do something?"

Status
Not open for further replies.