I can't help it... it's genetic (k-mich)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate rolled his eyes. He tried to stop his laughter but he couldn't. He had to admit, Brin was pretty funny.
Nate smiled up at his sister. She was so cute. He stroked her cheek and just looked into his eyes.
He didn't realize what he was doing until it almost happened. Nate had been leaning, as if to kiss her, and if he didn't realize what he was doing he would have to. Nate quickly diverted and kissed her cheek and lay back.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Brin asked. "You haven't kissed me on the cheek since we were little." She frowned lightly. He'd been acting weird today, well, more so than usual. He was never this cuddly with her, even when they weren't fighting.
She looked into his eyes, dark brown just like hers. They both had the same light brown hair, and wide smiles, but they were so different. She used to know how he was feeling before he did, but it hadn't been like that in a while. She never knew what he was thinking anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Guess I just miss you?" Nate sighed and untangled himself from her and instantly regretted it.He looked up at the ceiling and draped an arm over his eyes. His other hand grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers.
"I don't know what's going on anymore." He sighed and let his arms fall from his face. His brown eyes looked at Brin as he turned his face towards her. All of their fun memories returned, from when they were little. He loved them. They always had fun and then something happened. They grew apart and instead of being twins or even siblings they were just two people living in the same house. Nate realized he barely even knew his own twin anymore. He felt guilty for letting that happen. He missed her. He missed Brin but his pride got in the way and instantly denied it.

"I miss you too," Brin admitted. "There's so much going on in my life, and so much has happened, but you don't know any of it." She looked at the ceiling and sighed. "I know you think I'm a hermit that spends all my time holed up in my room, but I'm not. I do game a lot, but two months ago I went to a competition and I won. The only girl to make it past the semifinals. And I do have friends, too." She looked over at him. "I'm not a virgin either, Nate. I lost my virginity over a year ago."

Last edited by a moderator:
"The only girl?" He asked in mild surprise. "That's...kinda cool." Nate was your average teen. He was prett popular in school and partied maybe a little too much. He generally associated anyone and anything pertaining to video games as nerds so he hadn't known anything about his sister.

Hearing she lost her virginity over a year ago definitely sent him for a loop. "But...you're supposed to be the good one..." Now Nate just sounded confused. His sister, his baby sister of five minutes, wasn't a virgin anymore. She had good grades and made the right friends and was nice. She wasn't supposed to do that, at least that's what he told himself.

Brin vouldnt tell whether she should be amused or frustrated. On one hand, it was funny to her that he thought she was such a goody goody, but at the same time it bothered het that someone who saw her do often knew her so little. "That's exactly my point, Nate. You know nothing about me. It's like we're strangers now, and I don't like it. I'm not the good one, at all. The things I've done, Nate.... They make you look like the good one."

"W-What?" Nate didn't even know what to say to that. How did he not know so much about his sister?! He felt angry? Frustrated? He wasn't sure but he wanted to get to know his sister.
Nate sat up and crossed his legs. "Brin.....I'm sorry." He mumbled scratching the back of his head awkwardly. "Sorry I've been such a lousy brother." He wasn't sure how to word it but he wanted to learn more about her, become her brother again. "If...If it's okay with you, could we like...hang out or something?" He looked up at Brin with pleading chocolate brown eyes. They were practically irresistible and before Nate tried being the bad boy type, he often had people say he was cute or adorable or reminded them of a puppy. If you knew him before high school you would have known Nate was a softy. He took great measures to keep that hidden from everyone.

She shrugged. "I haven't been the best of sisters either, so it's not really your fault. We both let this happen, so don't blame yourself too much. And I'd love to," Brin said, a small smile dancing across her face. "Hang out, that is. And don't give me that puppy face, either. You know it doesn't work on me. I practically invented it." She sat up on the bed, resting her back on the headboard. "And winter break just started yesterday, so we have two weeks to ourselves. What do you want to do?"

"Oh come on you know it's cute." Nate chuckled and moved to sit next to his sister. He was beginning to open up more. "Well, I mean, my hobbies are pretty limited. What do you like to do?" He asked as his phone went off.
Pulling out his iPhone Nate looked at who text him. "It's...Sarah." He honestly thought he'd seen the last of her at the mall. He was used to her trying to flirt when she saw him out but she hadn't contacted him since their break up. "What....Brin what do I do?"

Brin sat up straighter and grinned widely. "I have an idea," she said openly, looking earnestly into his eyes "but I need you to trust me. And whatever I do, you need to be quiet and not speak until I finish. Okay? Can you do that?" She searched his eyes, hoping he'd trust her enough to do as she asked.

Nate looked between his sister and his phone. He looked into Brin's and eyes and after a moment agreed. He handed her the phone and sat back. He needed Sarah out of his life. She wasn't good for him and he also needed to trust his sister. "Okay. I'll be quiet."

Brin went to the contact section of Nate's phone and dialed Sarah's number. It picked up on the first ring, so Brin had to think quickly.
"Hello?"
"Is this Sarah?"
"Yes, who is this? Why are you on Nate's phone?"
"Hi Sarah, this is Brin, Nate's sister."
"Why--"
"I need you to listen to me, and I need you to listen hard. My brother does not like you. He does not want to be with you. He does not want to see you. Nate wants nothing to do with you. So what you need to do is back the fuck off, and leave him alone, you crazy bitch. If you don't, I will turn your life into a living nightmare, and make damn well sure that you get how serious I am. Do not contact him again. I will not give you a second warning. Have a nice day, cunt." And with that Brin hung up the phone, grinning at her brother. "That should take care of her."

Nate stared at his sister as she spoke on the phone. He was shocked to hear her sound so forceful.
For a split moment the thought of how sexy she sounded crossed his mind. He blinked surprised by his own thoughts, face slowly turning pinks hen he returned to the present he took his phone back. "Thanks." He blushed and kissed her cheek.

"No problem," Brin said, reveling in what she'd just done. She was normally pretty nice to people, and it was rare when she let her inner boss-lady out. She had to admit, it was pretty funny noting the stunned silence on the other end of the line. "So, what were we talking about before we got interrupted? I can't remember."

"U-Uh, we...you...we're hanging out over break and I asked what you like to do." Nate said. Seeing her so in control had him still a little shaken, but not in a bad way.
"Maybe you could teach me how to play those stupid games you play." Nate smirked only teasing her.

"You won't be calling them stupid when I kick your ass," Brin retorted. Now that he'd made it clear on his position, she had no intention of going easy on him. "Warning: I'm not going to let you off easy because you're my brother, or because you aren't as good as me. So don't be surprised when I dominate you, and don't be a bad sport." She hopped off the bed and walked out of Nate's room, heading to her own so she could look through her games. "Come on," she called after him, "get in here. We're playing in my room."

Nate scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Yeah whatever." Nate smirked as he hopped off his bed. He headed after his sister exited for the first time in a long time.
Walking into her room he hopped on to her bed and made himself comfortable. He eyed her room slightly impressed it wasn't as girly as he'd thought.
Nate's eyes ventured back to his sister, bent over looking through games. His eyes ran over her form almost hungrily until he snapped himself out of it.
"So what game are you gonna try and beat me at?"

Brin's large room was full of personality, but wasn't overly girly. Three of her walls were off white, the third painted a rich midnight blue. In the center of the room, against the blue wall, was her four poster queen sized bed, which was covered in a dark forest green duvet, her pillows and sheets the same color. Hanging from the rods that connecter each corner of her bed were curtains made from vertically striped black and white fabric, so she could close her bed off from the rest of the room. Her closet, to the right of the bed, had the same striped curtains over it, since she hated closet doors. She'd strung lights from the ceiling, and a door was in the middle of the wall to the left of the door. Hanging on either side of the door was two circus prints Brin had found on the internet and framed.

She realized Nate would probably be wondering where her gaming systems were, so she opened the door in between the prints and walked into the smaller room in there. It was originally a walk in closet, but Brin had recently turned it into her gaming room. She much preferred it to her actual room, since this one was smaller and more intimate. She had a soft carpet on top of the wood floor, and a few overstuffed beanbags. Her tv, x box, playstation, and games were all in here. "In here!" she called, leaving the converted closets door open so he'd know where to go.

Nate hoisted himself off the bed. He really didn't want to get up. Her bed was way softer than his, which he did note as extremely uncool.
Walking into the smaller room he glanced around. "Dork." He muttered on instinct. "Sorry. I mean...it's...kinda cool." Nate was at least trying to put in some effort here.
Nate sank into one of the bean bag chairs and stared at the television. There were games everywhere and the only word buzzing through his mind right now was 'geek.' He shut it away. Nate promised to get to know his sister better and he could at least try.
Nate picked up a controller and looked at his twin. "Soooo...." He trailed off. Pride once again getting in his way, Nate wouldn't finish his question although it was obvious he needed help, and a lot of it.

Brin sat in her beanbag, hands clutching her lucky controller. Her knuckles were white from the tension. "Nate," she said tightly, her voice low and serious. "If you're going to sit here and judge me, then please leave." She didn't look up as she spoke, keeping her eyes fixed on her lap. Her jaw was clenched and she was struggling to keep her cool. "It doesn't affect me one way or another. I'd just prefer that if you're going to be rude you do it in your own room, and away from me. That way, I can get back to my nerdy world that you look down on so much, without interruption. It's winter break and I'd like to make the most of it." Brin looked up at him and met his gaze with her eyes full of steel, merciless and unwilling to back down. They revealed no emotion. "But you need to make up your mind, and you need to do it now."

Status
Not open for further replies.