HUNTER: In the Blood and In the Flesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
62236619.jpg

Reactions: Cerulean
Let me be clear, he's not an addict, and he doesn't do drugs while on a contract. And his sorts of contracts can last for months.

[fieldbox="Natalie Marceau — The Operative, #60aceb, solid, 5, Palatino Linotype"]
NAME: Natalie Marceau

CLASSIFICATION: Human

DESTINY: Flesh

APPEARANCE:
Fair skin with dark brown hair that falls just past her shoulders and chocolate eyes. Her smile and soft gaze are unusually disarming.

SKILLS/ABILITIES:
Professionally trained undercover operative handling both foreign and domestic threats. Highly specialized in subterfuge, deception, and intelligence gathering. Proficient in both close-quarters combat and use of firearms to quickly and efficiently neutralize targets or threats. No superhuman abilities (to her knowledge), but possesses an incredible degree of intellect and resourcefulness.

SPECIAL:
Has access to a very wide network of intelligence and information sources, as well as a supply of weapons difficult (or impossible) to obtain for civilian use. Multilingual (English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Japanese). Extremely agile, Natalie has a high level of stamina as a reflection of her rigorous training.

DRAWBACK:
Not physically very strong; while she knows how to utilize momentum and body weight to her advantage to subdue or gain an advantage over an opponent, she will have trouble adjusting and adapting to the skills, strengths and abilities of the supernatural because they are so far beyond what she was trained for.

FEARS: Loss of bearing on her moral compass. Becoming too emotionally invested. Failure.

DESIRES: Order / Structure. Clearly defined parameters within which she has freedom to be autonomous.

SYNOPSIS: Natalie was approached by a recruiter during her third year of collegiate undergraduate studies at a prestigious United States university where she double-majored in Political Science and Criminology. She was plucked from her Ivy League roots, by recruiters who believed they saw something in her; a keenness, an intellectual awareness, a sense of creative logic.

After undergoing an extensive battery of psychoanalytic and psychometric tests as well as background checks, she was sent off to The Farm, a CIA training facility, where she spent the next several years learning and honing the ins and outs of tradecraft.

She was inducted as an official cover operative and CIA asset, and for the past two years, has had an exceptional career both in the United States and abroad, neutralizing threats that will forever go unknown to the public and for which she will never receive public recognition.

But her encounters with the supernatural are about to begin, and she will have to face some threats that she could not have prepared for.
[/fieldbox]

FUCK YOU, ALERT SYSTEM. YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME.

I think I'll just hang back and see how this goes, I'll hold off on submitting a sheet just yet (if sheets are still even being accepted)

Been tied up with work, but I'm home now and checking things over. Will message or post here with anything important.

The Cast List has been updated with all currently accepted characters.

@Grumpy and @Diana and @Seiji and @Bob and @Nameless

Hurry your asses up. Slots are being filled.

@Sora1297

Currently accepting sheets still, but there are five people who sorta have dibs. If I have enough interest, I might consider running a side-story for those who don't make it into the main plotlines.

NAME: Avery Allens

CLASSIFICATION: Half Demon

DESTINY: Blood

APPEARANCE:
punk_gun_girl_by_jkuo-d6u5s0c.jpg

(Sorry about the pic >.< closest to the idea i had i could find that wasn't strictly anime, in my head anyway)
The Girl stands about 5'11 and is rather toned. Often seen wearing raggedy clothing. hair is kept pretty short for combat purposes and has a snake bite piercing on the left corner of mouth. Has red eyes that can go black when letting her more demonic side loose.

SKILLS/ABILITIES: Inhuman Senses, Strength, Agility, and Healing Factor, Very good with a knife

SPECIAL/DRAWBACK: Special: Has limited phasing , Affinity with Demonic magic, particularly with hellfire manipulation. Also can unleash a pretty nasty beserker state.

Drawbacks:The phasing is as said limited and when pushed to max, about 10 squared miles, will cause her to pass out. While magic is strong if it is used for an extended amount of time it grows unstable and is just as likely to (sometimes literally) blow up in her face as it is to work. Also she has near zero control of her Beserker state is not only triggered by certain scents and by taunts related by her deceased family. and in sais state she is likely to rip you apart and do sexual stuff to the victim. depends really. Also while older kids get creeped she is still able to approach without too much trouble as with dogs. Cats, due to their mystcal nature and kids under 5 who's minds are filled with wonder and are clear of the dulling of senses influence of school will hiss and reject and break down as appropriately to the one in question when near her.

FEARS/DESIRES:
Desires: Love, Revenge, A Sense of belonging.
Fears: Failing at her revenge, Her monster totally taking over her, Rejection.

SYNOPSIS: Her early life has been quite the oddity. Born of a couple of a human and Rouge Capital D Demon that were actually in love. Well for the demon as much as it could naturally could plus what it learned from Avery's Mom. They had the standard two kids though both female with Avery being the younger by about a year. The family moved around a fair bit to avoid detection and were happy for a time. Then a vengeful demon found them. And they for the crime of her father turning his back on their kind killed her whole family. Only she survived by hiding in deep in a storage space in the attic. She was sent into the foster system, always wondering who was responsible, wanting to make them pay. She soon finds out it was the work of a D and there were a whole lot of them and what they do. So of course she started exacting payback, honing her demonic abilities and killing to attract attention. However while she saw death and use of the blood as the quickest bait and summoning material she still has moral compass, as warped from her experiences as is, won't let her kill normal civilians. Criminals however are not so lucky nor are Demons that she can summon and kill. She wanders the North Eastern Sea board of the U.S. thus the media's naming of The East Coast Butcher" for her brutality and in the victim's blood always leaves the summoning seal. While she is aware of The Hunters she does her best to steer clear. While they are somewhat aware of her she tries to avoid the hunters as much as she can and it kinda pays off. Best to her knowledge they figure her as some witch that always kills whatever she contracts with in a vain attempt to have her cake and eat when it comes to magical powers and not too major of a threat yet. and while it hasn't happened yet if one does come across and try to stop her, she won't be very kind to them. After all they are supposed kill demons but didn't stop the one that killed her family. So she will continue going solo, trying to drag up the demon that killed her family and kill it, even if it means her own demise.
When in the rare occurrence she actually socialize beyond stuff to function she is while dark and eccentric can be quite warm, even protective. Also has the standard survivor's guilt that comes with the soul survivor of a tragedy. Also while she is not fond of them she could prove a useful ally to them, As she knows her way around demons rather well. Problem is she has resentment, however foolish that they didn't even try to save her family.
(@Ozzie Chanter hopefully fixed her.)

Last edited:
MY DUCKS ARE FREE ROAMING AND THEY REFUSE TO ACCEPT YOUR PATRIARCHAL RULE, YOU SILLY TYRANT!

Also, yes! I need to give you a thing and I will but I just discovered a bunch of haunted shows from the 90's on youtube and I think that will give me the brain juice to finish it up for you!

I don't even have ducks to rebel with. =(

I read the CS too fast and thought it said "Revenge Sex."

@daemon_reaver

I expressly stated in the info for Half-Demons that there is only one known instance of a half-demon offspring. This is an important plot point. Your character not only has been discovered (or at least her murdered sibling was) by a Hunter who lived to tell the tale, but leaves taunting messages at the scene of her murders to the Council. She's very high-profile. They would get a clue. And again, at the very least, your backstory means that they know of the birth of other half-demons.

Your character also is incredibly similar in both personality and powers to my half-demon GMPC, Lydia. Which is something I am not looking for in half-demon characters. I would need themes and ideas that aren't already being explored.

Sorry. I warned you.

@daemon_reaver

I expressly stated in the info for Half-Demons that there is only one known instance of a half-demon offspring. This is an important plot point. Your character not only has been discovered (or at least her murdered sibling was) by a Hunter who lived to tell the tale, but leaves taunting messages at the scene of her murders to the Council. She's very high-profile. They would get a clue. And again, at the very least, your backstory means that they know of the birth of other half-demons.

Your character also is incredibly similar in both personality and powers to my half-demon GMPC, Lydia. Which is something I am not looking for in half-demon characters. I would need themes and ideas that aren't already being explored.

Sorry. I warned you.
damn, alright then. sorry for it being similar btw, I looked at yours for rough idea on how to get my own going but eh, guess I was wrong. well hope this one turns out well.

@daemon_reaver

If you want to give it another shot from scratch or try tweaking her, go for it. But as is, that's a no-go.

@daemon_reaver

If you want to give it another shot from scratch or try tweaking her, go for it. But as is, that's a no-go.
Seriously? Awesome! had a back up idea for a demon in case the hunter thing didn't work. I'll get on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.