HUNTER: In the Blood and In the Flesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I did, I would joined Blood. Cuz dayummmmmmm dat leader lady is hawt. XD

NAME: The Man in the Coat
CLASSIFICATION: Demon
DESTINY: Flesh

APPEARANCE:

The Man in the Coat looks like a man of average height and weight in some kind of hat and a long coat.

SKILLS/ABILITIES:
The Man in the Coat is a quiet and cautious creature that has spent a lot of time on Earth. His particular style of mayhem calls for subtlety and infiltration more often than not and to this end he has become a skilled spy, pick pocket, burglar and safecracker. Demonic strength and brutality serve him well in overpowering mortals and he has learned to handle a wide array of lethal instruments but The Man in the Coat is a hunter, not a fighter.
While some demons can disguise their true appearances with glamours, The Man in The Coat has a different kind of camouflage. People simply do not notice him. On a crowded sidewalk no one will see him walking by. At your co-worker's house party no one will think to talk to him. If you helped him bag his groceries you wouldn't even remember what he looked like or what his voice was like when he said "Thank you." In the company of ordinary people The Man in The Coat is as invisible and intangible as air. This demonic obfuscation is not impervious. Most supernatural beings can see him normally and mystical perception or scrying will reveal his presence but most who do look upon him find the experience regrettable at best, traumatizing at worst. Any demon willing to consort with him, or mortal/witch foolish enough to, will tell you; do not look at The Man in The Coat.

SPECIAL/DRAWBACK:
The Man in The Coat has a second unnatural power, one that gives him access to the minds of others. With this demonic mental perception he can scan someone's thoughts and memories; sometimes leaving behind unspeakable and haunting images if he chooses. In either case the violation is painful and prolonged scanning can be injurious to his subjects. Anyone unfortunate enough to see The Man in The Coat's true visage can leave themselves open to these psychic invasions.

FEARS/DESIRES:
Above all else The Man in The Coat desires secrets. From your run of the mill love affair to the most well guarded of black magics, any secret will do but the darker the better. It's not about collecting power. The Man in The Coat does not want to be king, he simply wants to know.

SYNOPSIS:
He is drawn to those who are dark of heart, the jealous, the envious and the greedy and he despises them. The Man in The Coat contracts with ordinary mortals and witches alike. He will find a human who wants information, often for nefarious or dishonest reasons and promise to deliver what they desire. Like all demons The Man in The Coat will honor a contract but his true purpose is to punish the mortal who contracts him and this generally ends violently for someone. He will give truth to suspicious lovers and murder their unfaithful beloved. Envious corporate climbers will get that insider information only to have a clear trail of criminal evidence leading back to them. Power hungry witches have been known to summon The Man in the Coat in the hopes of gleaning forbidden knowledge or dark magics, only to be mislead to their death at the hands of something even more terrible. The Man in The Coat revels in this brutal and perverse sense of justice, doleing out cruelty to the wicked.

The Man in the Coat is not only interested in punishing foolhardy humans and frequently spends long gaps of time between contracts merely existing in the human plane, watching and learning. Hunters would probably be baffled to know that most of the time this unusual demon spends on Earth is passed people-watching at cafes, reading human literature and enjoying a hot cappucino. The Man in the Coat is just as much driven by curiosity as he is by his bizzare code of justice and so he reads, he watches, consuming all the knowledge and experiences that he can.

The Man in the Coat is a strange creature even as demons go. He is a highly intelligent and unique demonic entity of lower status. His particular delight in the suffering of the wicked, moreover the net results of his contracting with mortals, make him unpopular with the large majority of demonkind. Among his only "friends" within demonic society are succubi/incubi who respect him for punishing unfaithful lovers but for the most part all higher types of demons will not deal or interact with The Man in the Coat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that supposed to be being humorous?
Also aren't his powers pretty much an exact copy of Yao's?

That's my brother, so yeah. I'm kidding.

Also, I can verify that he made that character before reading your sheet. And there are lots of differences in your powers. The only thing similar is the obfuscation, which is not exactly atypical for demons and fairies to begin with.

I see :D I wasn't sure what to think with that, since most RP GM's ive met in the past have used that kind of language in a serious fashion.

Ozzie, YOU suck! =D

@Yokai

Stop RPing with assholes. :[

Also yeah. Everyone meet Crispy. He joined Iwaku just to play in this.

Haha nice! If you don't remember me, Crispy, we met on skype a LONG time ago.

Speaking of which, reject my damn sheet already, Ozzbees!

Tell him to get an avatar. It makes me want to call him a no-avatar cunt but I forget I'm not on the part of the internet where calling people a cunt for trivial reasons is OK.

You're allowed to call him a cunt as much as you want in my thread! :D

Oh OK then.

Yo, @CrispBonespider get a profile picture ya boring no-avatar cunt.

Reactions: Cerulean
No wonder he loves you.

Good. Now don't delete it.

GODDAMNIT CERULEAN I WAS MAKING A WEREWOLF--

*tears his second character sheet to ribbons*

HE'S ONLY A HALF-WEREWOLF.

Also, Christ dude, no one in this is going to be a unique and special snowflake as far as character class. Just play something that will be fun for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.