HUNTER: In the Blood and In the Flesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAME: Gabriel Proudhawk, PhD.

CLASSIFICATION: Werewolf

DESTINY: Blood

APPEARANCE:

dd661d0fc363b4a785f7645995f9e51854f885f5.jpg

SKILLS/ABILITIES: Tracking and hunting; marksmanship; firearms usage and close-fighting; herbs and medicine; higher education.

SPECIAL: Trained in Ancient Lore and Folk Magic from his Grandfather, with some small talent in Earth and Spirit magic.

SYNOPSIS: Backing down from no fight, Gabriel never hurt anyone that didn't deserve it. It was this fighter's instinct that saved him from certain death at the hands of the skinwalker.

But it's this same instinct that feeds the beast that lay deep within.

An educated man, a well trained warrior, Gabriel wanders in search of something. He doesn't quite know where he'll end up next, or why. He follows where the road leads him, for better... or worse.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, Seiji's sheet is crap and I'm accepting it based on stuff that isn't on it.

YAY. WE HAVE ANOTHER BLOOD PLAYER.

;_; All my stuff is crap now.

I'M TRYING.

You crapper.

SUCK IT, FLESH LOSERS. *hip thrusts*

@Ozzie Chanter well again in case the re-tagging didn't work hopefully i fixed my character.

Pleasures of the Flesh all the way!
All the more reason to suck it. :D

Ahuhuhu! *runs from Osso and the beating she's bound to get*

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
@daemon_reaver

The powers and personality are still almost exactly the same as Lydia. While your changes to the backstory could work, they still seem like a stretch. You're trying to force particular details together instead of pairing up ideas that complement each other and letting your concept develop naturally. Pick the one thing you really like about her and toss out everything else. Or toss the character idea entirely. For instance: You have a half-demon who was born supposedly out of a loving union, something that would challenge more than one notion about demons and the world at large. Think about where you could go with that and how to tie that into the rest of your character.

What worries me the most about this concept aside from the fact that she's redundant when compared with the existing half-demon role is that you've made her a serial killer. Now a vigilante, in this draft, but essentially that's the same thing with a different motivation. Not only a serial killer, but an affirmed antagonist for any Hunters. She's not going to have an easy time integrating into the plot and you're not going to have as much to do until and if she joins the good guys. You will be excluded from a lot of plot points and scenes, especially early on.

Fuck, I knew I forgot to tag someone. @Melancholy Where is your sheeeeet.

@daemon_reaver

The powers and personality are still almost exactly the same as Lydia. While your changes to the backstory could work, they still seem like a stretch. You're trying to force particular details together instead of pairing up ideas that complement each other and letting your concept develop naturally. Pick the one thing you really like about her and toss out everything else. Or toss the character idea entirely. For instance: You have a half-demon who was born supposedly out of a loving union, something that would challenge more than one notion about demons and the world at large. Think about where you could go with that and how to tie that into the rest of your character.

What worries me the most about this concept aside from the fact that she's redundant when compared with the existing half-demon role is that you've made her a serial killer. Now a vigilante, in this draft, but essentially that's the same thing with a different motivation. Not only a serial killer, but an affirmed antagonist for any Hunters. She's not going to have an easy time integrating into the plot and you're not going to have as much to do until and if she joins the good guys. You will be excluded from a lot of plot points and scenes, especially early on.
well personality wise i see similarities in fears and desires but that's about it. Also your char seems more martial based while mine likes to use the magic in their demon blood. then again could just be how i know my own intentions but too much of yours with regards to operating our characters. Overall i think we're at an impasse as mine is motivated by vengeance with a bit of a shotgun style but with intent to cool her down over time. Yes her circumstances are rather unique and i do plan for it to come up, particularly with your character but early on she dosn't really give a damn. Someone killed her family and she was helpless to stop it. That seriously screws with a person particularly a kid. add to that strange powers they don't at first quite understand leading them into a strange world with no guidance. So yeah my char's head isn't pleasant to be and it has vengeance in there a lot. as for the antagonist stuff, well again that's intentional. She starts off a bad guy but does come around. Her core is my Rogue with a Heart of gold stereotype mixed with my love of Tragic back story. But seems to not be working with you.

EDIT: Also the making her an antagonist, one that got their attention via killing them was a good way to give her stuff to do.

Last edited:
@daemon_reaver I think GM was saying that you've collected together a bunch of different character aspects and tried to force them together, for example, you wanted a character to have the traits A, B, C, D and E, so you wrote them all down and are just kind of hoping that people will find it convincing. Characters like that tend to be broken and don't make for very interesting interactions. It's like you want to RP in a very specific way even though the story probably won't allow for it. What GM is saying is that you should take one of those traits and then come up with a character based on only that one trait. For example, for mine, I wanted a character whose existence itself is dubious, but I didn't have anything else in mind for them to begin with, and I spent quite a while both coming up with ways to make that character and then refining it to best fit the setting. When you use character stereotypes you should make the stereotype only a single trait otherwise you'll never be able to use it as often as you want to.

Not to mention that a trigger happy half-demon would just be killed on sight by the Hunters. I doubt they'd actually let you integrate into them.

@daemon_reaver

Yeah. Sorry, but you're right; it's not working for me.

Yokai explained it pretty well. She and I actually spent some time tweaking her character too until we found something that made her happy and worked as part of the bigger narrative. And what we came up with is pretty cool, and gives her a really unique tie-in for meeting the rest of the group.

I'm not sure exactly where the miscommunication is happening here, but I've pointed out what I don't think works and why. If you're really determined to play the character that way, then you're better off writing your own RP. Because essentially that's what you're doing here. Your character is stealing the show and ignoring what everyone else might want to do.

That kind of stealing the show thing may work in normal RPs where it's open world and what happens is mainly down to who says what to whom, but when it's one of these kinda mysterious settings then you can't be wandering off and doing your own thing cos chances are the GM already planned out how to tell the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.