HUNTER: In the Blood and In the Flesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you're missing anything. As far as I can tell, the only plot that's been revealed is that there will be 2 groups doing 2 different things. After all, it's supposed to be horror, and horrors are terrible if you tell people what's going to happen.

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth
Q&A said:
So what's the difference between In the Blood and In the Flesh? When do we get to know more about the plots? How am I supposed to pick one?

More will be revealed after characters have been made and grouped off. This is for two reasons: 1. I want you to choose based on the themes and flavor of the roleplay rather than the specifics of location or scenario. 2. The specifics will actually be partially influenced by the accepted characters. Go with what pulls you and what better suits the character you've devised.

I don't think you're missing anything. As far as I can tell, the only plot that's been revealed is that there will be 2 groups doing 2 different things. After all, it's supposed to be horror, and horrors are terrible if you tell people what's going to happen.
I can understand that if we're talking about jump-scares, but I'm not sure if or how that works in writing.

I'm just wondering if there is some kind of hook or if the setting alone is supposed to fully entice me.

@Sway

Settings and themes, yes. There WILL be an overarching plot for each group, as mentioned, but the initial scenarios and the subplots will be based off of the characters you give me.

There are lots of potential plot hooks throughout the OOC info for you to grab onto.

The Cast List has been updated with accepted characters.

@Nameless

Were you still interested? Do you need help with a character? We can talk over PM if you need help brainstorming.

@Seiji

CHARACTER SHEET PLOX.

@Grumpy

Still tied up with school stuff?

@Sway

Were you going to put in an app? I'd be happy to discuss ideas if you need help coming up with a character.

bailey-1024x702.jpg

NAME: Bailey Bea Wallace

CLASSIFICATION: Human

DESTINY: Blood

APPEARANCE: 5'2", dark brown hair, brown eyes, average figure. Not athletic or fit. Very pale skin and prone to sunburns. Rarely wears makeup herself and doesn't do much with her hair aside from trying to keep it brushed and not frizzy. Always wearing glasses and cannot see without them. (She has contacts but has trouble putting them in.) Her fashion choices are feminine, but always "safe". Subdued and neutral colors, and nothing ever flashy or eye-catching.

SKILLS/ABILITIES: Skilled Makeup Artist - Can make any dead person look like they're just sleeping peacefully!

DRAWBACK: Bailey has issues with wounds and blood. They make her queasy and fainty and maybe even a little barfy. Why yes, she DOES hate her period and think it's super gross, thanks for asking.

DESIRES: Bailey desires what any young woman desires. A relationship with a normal guy who isn't a big jerk, or a pervert that is way too in to dead bodies. Because if she doesn't get married and start having babies soon, her parents are going to DIE. They insist they will.

FEARS: She fears being a disappointment to her family, being an old cat lady, horror movies, going out at night without pepperspray, and the mail man. The local mail man is a creep and she's pretty sure he's gotta be a serial killer.

SYNOPSIS: Bailey is the average human female. Her childhood was filled with ballet tutus, pretending to be a princess, and always losing her glasses. Her teen years were all about trying to NOT be "creepy nerd girl with the glasses that lives at the funeral home" so she got involved in cheerleading, glee club, and was constantly sneaking out of the house and getting in to trouble to prove she was one of the cool kids. Bailey always seemed to fall short of the mark, though, and ended up being that loser people liked having around to make fun of because she tried so hard. While attending college, Bailey learned to accept herself for what she is. A boring, uninteresting blob of woman. Her interests include reading romance novels and fashion magazines by the fire, baking sweets, and daydreaming about one day taking a Salsa dance class.

Bailey presently lives with her family in the suite above the Wallace Funeral Home, a family owned establishment for the past 60 years. Her great grandad started the business and now it falls on her father's shoulders to run it. As the eldest (and only) child it will one day be hers. Not only do her parents live and work there with her, so do her grandparents. Needless to say, it can drive a person crazy. Most of her days are spent there at work, making dead people look beautiful for their funerals. When she needs an escape, Bailey heads to the local park to listen to her mp3 player and read books where it's quiet. She's very partial to open nature spaces and enjoys a spot by the creek.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Astaroth
Yes, sorry(: Will work on it tonight. Work kind of got in the way of working on a CS.

@Nameless

Hey, no worries. I get that. Just wanted to check in with you.

NAME: Kendrick Andanan

CLASSIFICATION: Hunter ; Half-Werewolf

DESTINY: Blood

APPEARANCE:
edgerton3__140228163400.jpg

SKILLS/ABILITIES:

He has all of the basic knowledge/training of a Hunter. Excels in tracking, Hand-to-Hand Combat, and general use of firearms. (Not quite referring to aim. Use meaning reloading quicker, adjusting sights, drawing his weapon, pistol whipping, etc.)

"These children are somewhat stronger than average with unusually good senses of smell... The one true advantage that a half-werewolf is granted is that to a werewolf's nose, they smell like wolf- and therefore, do not smell like prey to a werewolf in lupine form. they are just slightly faster and stronger. Some of them have keener senses of smell, but that's unusual and it's not really superhuman." - Da GM

DRAWBACKS:

Goes into heat but it is less ferocious than a full werewolf. Silver does cause rashes. Lets just say he likes his steak rare.

FEARS/DESIRES:
Fear: Rejection (Goes double for if it because of his were-tendencies)
Desires: Acceptance ; Doing Good

SYNOPSIS: At the core: A hybrid that, despite struggles to fit in it, is trying to keep the world safe.

The very fact he was born from a werewolf in heat thrusts Kendrick into the world the supernatural. Life was oddly average, given of circumstances. He went to a VERY small school, that his father taught 6th grade History.

From a young age, he was told of his heritage. Went something like this: "Oh, our family line comes from Ireland, Germany, Scottish, A little werewolf, Native American, Polish, etc." He would research and found that someone of his lineage was often hunted and seen as an abomination. (Must have missed Micheal J. Fox's portrayal of a teen wolf)

His mother would go on "camping trips" often and would often be left in the care of his biological human father. For reasons unknown, she never spoke to him about these trips. When he did ask, it was deflected.

On the cusp of his 6th grade year, he was so excited to start. This year, Dad would be a teacher and Dad was awesome. Unfortunately, Mom came home a little too early from her trip and found the school. While she was eventually chased back into the forest, it wasn't before things got rough for Dad. After that day, he was taken ended up in the care of a Hunter from a newer line. Thus began his life fighting against those who also ruin the first day of school.

Now in his mid-twenties, Kendrick often uses his skills to protect the innocent and down evil. Doesn't get much better, in his mind.

Last edited:
Worst character ever.

I no wanna be an emooooooooooo

I mean, clearly everyone should just pick their Destiny based on which of the two female GMPCs they want to bang. That's how forum RP works.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.