HUNTER: In the Blood and In the Flesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so much as I want to be a special snowflake, I just don't want to step on any toes or anything. :X I'm way too complacent about those sort of things. Or I like to fill a niche that hasn't quite been fitted or explored.

Actually being a werewolf hasn't been explored.

Gaddam I want to play. Also tickled to see that Vay chose the same destiny.

DAMMIT KIDS. I COME BACK AND THERE'S SO MUCH SHIT TO READ. FUCK.

Stop it! Except, don't stop because I'm enjoying the fuck out of this.

How close are we to go time, Ozziepants?

I'd like to have at least four characters for each RP before we start. But if we don't have that by Wednesday or so, I'll probably go ahead and get things cooking. Hopefully sooner than that though.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I'm definitely interested, and will begin work on a CS immediately. Mine will be a fully human hunter, whose solution to everything is more guns.

EDIT: Posted. I'm not sure how well he'll fit into the established lore, so if there need to be changes, let me know and I'll cheerfully make them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Astaroth
randyorton.jpg

NAME: Cade Morganstern

CLASSIFICATION:
Freelance hunter, currently fulfilling a contract with a research lab that specializes in things better left alone. (This lab is probably doomed as soon as they find the wrong thing, I'm thinking it's a private company, maybe run by someone with more money than sense)

DESTINY:
Flesh

APPEARANCE:
He has beautiful tattoos, to include full sleeves, full back, and partial chest and ribs, all of creatures he's killed. Some of the tattoos are marred by scars, but he has no intentions of having them fixed or redone.

SKILLS/ABILITIES:
Hell on wheels with any sort of firearm. He prefers shotguns and handguns, but has been known to use sniper weapons, machine guns, flamethrowers, chainsaws, and even high explosives. He's a very practical man, who opts for violence over faith any day (much like soccer fans). He's also very smart. Were he not such a violent man by nature, he could easily be pulling six figures in a cozy desk somewhere.

SPECIAL:
Army Ranger training, and a familiarity with the criminal world.
DRAWBACK:
He doesn't do well with authority, or holier-than-thou people.

FEARS:
He can't stand water. Hates boats, oceans, lakes, rivers, even large swimming pools. Doesn't even enjoy the beach. Submersing in water tends to trigger flashbacks.

DESIRES:
Sex. He loves sex. And money. And violence. And drugs, but he only does drugs when he's on vacation. Violent sex while high, on a mountain of money, is his favorite activity.

SYNOPSIS:
Cade is an Entropist, that is to say that he believes all things fall apart eventually. He doesn't hold any loyalty except to himself, and whomever he happens to call his brothers at that particular moment in time. While he's yours, he's 100% all the way yours. But the moment you try to take advantage of him, he protects his interests and discourages such behavior with extreme prejudice.

He was raised on a farm in East Texas, and spent his teen years helping his older brother make and sell high-end designer drugs. Discovering his natural gift for violence early, he protected their business interests with an iron fist. Things went well, and people learned quick not to mess with the Morganstern boys.

It all fell apart, of course. A gang out of Houston moved in, seeking to absorb the Morganstern operation. Being cantankerous, contrary, and casually racist, Cade and his brother refused. Things escalated. When it was finished, Cade had lost his brother, and killed two men in the process.

Being untrusting of local authorities, Cade covered his tracks well. Everyone knew who the surviving man had been at the shoot-out, but nobody could prove it. Things settled down, and Cade decided to change his scenery. The Army was a good choice. Cade had always been smart, he'd never been convicted of anything important.

His gift for violence blossomed in the Army. He was given a Ranger contract while in basic, and spent the next four years absorbing everything the military could teach him. He fought in Iraq, Afghanistan, and a few other places. However, his anti-authoritarian nature could only stay repressed for so long, and eventually he was chaptered out of the military with an Other than Honorable discharge. That was fine with him. He'd seen things, and knew humans weren't the apex predator we think we are. A private contractor opportunity came up, and one thing led to another. Six years later, he was a hardened and experienced monster hunter.

Weapons:

Shotgun: [spoili]
UTAS_UTS-15-01.jpg
[/spoili]
[spoili]

This looks like a space gun, but it's not. This is a UTAS UTS-15 dual magazine pump shotgun. Each tube magazine can hold six to seven rounds, depending on their size, and a switch controls whether they feed from the left, right, or alternating.

[/spoili]

Rifle: [spoili]

bullpupM14strippercliploading3tn.jpg

This is an M1 Garand, believe it or not, a design that is considered one of the finest battle rifles ever, tried and tested in WW2. The mechanisms have been placed in a bullpup stock, and the barrel now floats free, making it as accurate as it is reliable. Chambered in 30-06, this rifle can engage targets up to 400 meters away.

[/spoili]

Handgun: [spoili]
wm_3308745.jpg

This is a 1911 chambered in .45 ACP with double-stacked magazines. He carries two, one in a leg holster and one in a shoulder rig, both gravitating to his right hand.

[/spoili]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait... how does a half-werewolf work? Cos I mean, normal werewolves are only in werewolf form half the time already. Does a half werewolf only half transform? Like, keep human legs and lower body but have the upper body of a wolf? Or the other way round like a more carnivorous Satyr?

They don't transform at all. They're half-werewolves because one or both of their parents were werewolves. They're immune to full lycanthropy and they don't get any real powers except not smelling like food to werewolves.

Oh I see. So he pretty much just avoids being eaten. Fair enough.

You guys still accepting? got an idea for a vengeful half-demon who is an enemy of the hunters at first but later joins them...

Considering the plots aren't revealed yet I think being the enemy is probably going to be incredibly problematic, and I can't imagine GM want's to tell you what's going to happen.

Considering the plots aren't revealed yet I think being the enemy is probably going to be incredibly problematic, and I can't imagine GM want's to tell you what's going to happen.
Well more like a temporary one so to speak, Basically like Kiba in Yu-Gi-Oh in function. Starts out as a bad guy but over time turns into a somewhat grudgingly ally of in this case the hunters.

Kaiba was always a good guy though. Because he had enough money to screw the rules.

@daemon_reaver

Still accepting, but as I noted in the OOC info, it's highly unlikely that I will accept any half-demon characters. You'd have to have a really unique concept- and no offense, but yours is very common and very anime, which is just not suited for this RP.

Also, everything Yokai said.

What about meeeeeee? Does an asshole drug-using amoral freelance hunter have a place in this awesome roleplay?

Drugs and no morals? Always fun!

Hugs not drugs, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.