How to end a Demon World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops. Isabella shrunk back a bit with an apologetic smile, shifting so she could strike the rocks afterwords out of his direction. "Set you ablaze? I didn't know humans were flammable." She smirked, watching another shower of sparks litter across the floor. The wood was too damp and too mossy to be set ablaze, so the sparks simply bounced once or twice before dying. She couldn't help but be amused by the light colors, having very solomly seen anything so bright before.

"I would like you to come with me tomorrow," The demoness said without turning to look at him again. Her tone was definitely different from that of the morning, it wasn't so much a command as a simple request. "I know there's no way I can make you though. The thing is, its just not safe sticking around here when I am not. I wasn't kidding about becoming a demon snack or someone bitch. And since you're not registered by me, if someone decided to wonder by and pick you up it would be really hard for me to come to the rescue."

He frowns and raises an eyebrow at her what was with the sudden change of tone? Earlier she would have been demanding him to do this or that and if he had refused she would have tried to beat him but he would just return with more insults..what angle was she playing?..the only way to find out was to continue to play her game "..fine i"ll go since you seem so concerned about my well being

Isabella glanced to him in surprise, of course she hadn't expected such a nice approach to work. In all honesty if he were to refuse she would have dropped it only to demand again harshly the next morning. If being worried about loosing your possession after putting time and patience could be considered being 'concerned about his well being' then that was about right. The only reason she was asking so softly this time was... well, she didn't really know actually. It was odd, maybe she just wasn't in such a fiery mood right now. But it worked. Go figure.

"Great." Isabella briefly thought about informing him that she knew of his little adventure today, about the weapon stash. But she decided she would keep that to herself, at least for now. It wasn't doing any harm... she didn't know how he would react either with that information. So best play it safe. "We'll be doing a few rounds around the forest, then I have to go see someone... You don't have to come for that If you aren't up to it though." She paused before leaning back to look up at the rafters -wondering how she was going to get up there in a few hours time for sleep. "And then maybe down to the creak because you stink."

He rolls his eyes at the last comment and shakes his head "well when your running for your life every day bathing really isn't a priority and your no summer rose either you know" He leans back and yawns a bit rubbing his eyes "and would you be happening to meet some kind of demonic lover?" He grins a bit he had to dig that part into her just a little bit he was clearly joking but still it felt good to get that one in

"Hey, I own a whole forest and am currently taking care of a pesky human -I still have time to bathe every day." Isabella countered, but she knew the reason for that was because she liked the water and less for cleanliness. She watched the yawn in disbelief -was he honestly tired already? He had only been awake for around twelve hours. The demoness hadn't slept in over twenty-four hours and wasn't even tired. Sort of. Humans.

Isabella snorted at the dig, less offended this time because she was confident to take one right back of her own. "Watch your clever mouth there human -or I might just rent your ass out." She ran a hand through her hair before putting the rocks down and shifting to look at the fire. The girl slipped a hand over to trace her fingers through the air, dangerously close to a flickering flame. "I'm going to tell you this once; I am not a prostitite." She grumbled. "We're going to see a friend though. If you're coming, you have to behave."

He says nothing and just stares at the flame "..well if your the one thats renting my ass I suppose things could be worse.." He looks at her and sighs rubbing his eyes "..if I go to this friends house I'm not acting like a slave or servant or pet or whatever I won't say anything but I won't take any insults or degrade myself"

Isabella had expected that much, although it wouldn't be perfect it also wouldn't be a problem. He wouldn't roll over and play puppy, not even if it was in his well being. At the end of the day, that might end up hurting him more then herself, but Jason would come to learn that without being told. She would just tell her friend he wasn't quite broken in yet -Jason would probably be given some distance after that. "That's fine, just as long as you don't be disrespectful towards him. Don't make eye contact, at all. You don't need to speak either, if you think it will help contain that lovely attitude of yours." She paused for a moment in careful thought before continuing, "and I wouldn't recommend speaking with his humans. His slaves. The demon will assume you are mine... I suppose you can feel free to correct him if you wish. His humans, they were broken in long ago... What I mean is, they're not quite like you any more."

She didn't really know how to explain it to him, but Jason himself must have known what she was talking about. The humans that had lost the Will to live long ago, the ones that always annoyed and disgusted her; they were nothing compared to him.

He rolls his eyes at everything she said except for when she got to the part about the humans..no..the slaves..because thats what they were now they gave up on their humanity long ago and there was nothing he could do to save those people. He just hung his head and stayed silent the light from the fire casting a dark shadow over his face

Isabella watched him quietly for a moment, watching the fire create deep shadows on his face. He was so curious, he couldn't help but want to know everything about the damn human. She wanted to know why he was so passionate, why he was so determined. Where his goals came from... What his life was like before three years ago. Stupid questions she had never thought about a human before, because they weren't worth it. Until now.

"Tell me," the demoness sighed quietly, knowing this would be her third time asking now. Her tone held no mock now, like the fist time she had asked. Just curiosity, shallowed in lack of understanding. "Tell me how you are going to save your race."

"...I'll find whoever or whatever caused this..and kill them or destroy it..I'll kill ever last demon if I have to I'll fight and kill the devil himself...I will save my world..and I will avenge those who have been turned into..what they've become and I will gain peace for those who have died..hoping that one day they would be free."

Isabella remained quiet for a moment. He certainly didn't disappoint, the passion in Jason's words left her eyes lingering on him while he talked. But she knew -and he must have known, right?- that more then a few of those goals weren't achievable by one man. If even at all. Especially the first.

She understood his anger in what her race had done. Didn't relate, but understood.

"We don't even know why this happened, who or what caused it. You realize your just one human right? Not trying to bring your goals down or anything, but you got some pretty high reaches there."

"I told you before..I'd rather die fighting to save my world then die a slave..broken and quiet with no will of my own..as long as I due fighting I'll be content to know that I at least tried instead of laying down and giving up..if everything you loved and cared for everything was taken away from you in a matter of minutes and you were either forced to run, fight, or submit to another and become something your not, something that you hate more than anything would you not fight back?

Last edited:
Isabella shook her head, a small smile playing on her lips. "Well, I guess I can't argue with you there." She almost sighed, rather quietly. The dying fire light flickered and caught in her hair, across her face, and danced dangerously close to the hand that was held out to it but it did not bite the demoness. It was odd to talk with a human like this... she wasn't even thinking of him as a human in specifics right now but rather just a person talking. It was so easy to understand his thinking even if it was tough to swallow, knowing secretly to herself this man was not slave material. She didn't even want to break him really, not if it meant loosing the determined spark that had interested her in the first place.

But thinking on his words, something was bugging the girl. "...would you not fight back?" Had they... had she fought back? Upon coming to this world sure the demon race dominated it, but did they really win? She knew no one among her friends who had questioned why it had happened or faught against it like this man did. No one who had gone out searching for answers, searching for a head to fix this or a way back. She just sort of... accepted it. Missed her home, but adapted to the new one. Even most of the humans did. Conformed.

Upon the realisation, it left a sour taste in her mouth; his words giving her something definitely new to think about. She fell silent rather then respond further, back curled as she looked into the flames. It would have been clear to anyone in the room that with her silence, thought was being brought.

He looks at her and says nothing fir a moment before he takes some more wood and tossed it on the fire instantly bringing it back to life slowly the flames greward and came closer and closer to licking her hand "I'd move before you burn yourself..

"Hmm?" Isabella didn't quite catch his quiet words and turned to look at Jason -while she did that the fire licked against her hand causing the demoness to draw it back sharply with a hiss. A bright red burn marked across her finger tips, standing out as the most lively in the collection from her attempts yesterday. Only then did she run his words through her head again and realise it had been a warning. This did a great favour to put a scowl on her face. "Oh -shut up." She snarled before he could use some stupid phrase like 'I told you so.'

Giving her hand a flick the demoness stood up to look at the rafters above. There was no way she was going to sleep in the ground, even if it wasn't just from Jason being there. It was just unnatural for a creature with wings -currently functioning wings- to sleep anywhere within five feet of it. Through her eyes it was clear she was trying to work out a way of getting up there without using her newly patched up wing.

Without warning the girl crouched down and sprung up again, leaving the ground with one wing tucked against her back and the other giving a large beat. And for a creature with currently only one wing, she got pretty far up in the air. Her hands scraped against the wooden beams, grabbing in a strong supporting hold. Isabella couldn't help but give herself a satisfied smirk. Then she slipped. Her eyes widened for a moment in shock as her hands struggled to regain their grip but it couldn't. Not slowly either, but quick and unexpectedly; it sent her crashing back down to the ground with a small sound. She landed on her good wing with a flurry of feathers next to the human-thankfully, her bad wing would have been hell- and let out a groan.

Reactions: Andy
He looks at her and sighs as soon as she started eyeing the beams he knew what she was up to he was going to voice his opinion but she had already jumped. He casually watched her grip the beam and smiled a bit. He then held up three fingers and slowly counted down to zero right when he hit zero she crashed into the ground beside him and he couldn't help but wince a bit "ouch I felt that one that must have hurt"

• Love
Reactions: Blue
Isabella let out another soft groan in response, rubbing her head with lack of a better come-back. Needless to say, she had suddenly decided spending the night on the floor might not be so bad after all. It was even warm down here. Yes, the floor was nice all of the sudden, although not ideal it would do. Especially now that the boards practically had an Isabella-shaped dent in them. Now not only did both her wings hurt but every single feather was uncomfortably shifted out of place and she didn't have the energy to fix them right now -it was like having an unscratched itch.

"I had to try... demons aren't meant to sleep near the ground. Its so... vaunrable. Open. I don't know how you even do it." She mumbled, not bothering to get up yet. Her everything hurt. This was a good place to rest for now. She decided to take a dig at him, to brighten her own mood a bit. "You should just get some wings, it makes life a lot easier."

Reactions: Andy
"Yes but unfortunately god disn't create humans to have wings he created us to be what we are human" he looks at the feathers in her back and sighs moving around he gently starts realigning the feathers back into place "you would think you would have known better than to try that

"I never understood your concept of 'god.'" Isabella sighed, shifting to use her arm as a pillow beside the warmth of the fire. She watched him move and wanted to sit up in response... but the demoness was down for the count for now. Suddenly exhaustion had hit her hard. However, as soon as she felt the first shift among her feathers the girls whole body posture changed. It went from tense to relaxed to tense again in a matter of seconds as her eyes widened -but she didn't move her wings out of his reach. Not a chance.

Of course he wouldn't know; first off Jason didn't have wings or feathers anywhere, second he had probably never been this close to a demon before. But her wings were a very sensitive spot, especially when it came to ruffled feathers which would normally be preened and sorted out by herself. It was the equivalent to a back massage really, with the occasional uncomfortable jolt when he would rub one the wrong way. Quickly a soft sigh escaped the girl and she closed her eyes lightly.

"Hey, I almost made it. If it weren't for my beat up wing I would try again -I'm not really one to give up so easily. Easy!" She hissed the last word as he moved a feather out of the right place into a very wrong one, but it was quickly fixed upon itself bringing another soft relaxed sigh. She wasn't going to question why he was doing this, it had caught her in too much of a relaxed state. "But I don't think I'll be making another attempt tonight. Not admitting defeat of course, I'll try again tomorrow." The demoness mumbled.

"Your right I don't have wings nor will I ever because I'm happy with who I am. Ive accepted who I am and my role in life I won't lie I've dreamt about what it would be like to fly..to have wings or to breath underwater but I can't and that's something Ive always accepted..sorry about that last feather.." he looks her wings up slowly and nodded to himself all the feathers were now back in place

Status
Not open for further replies.