How to end a Demon World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isabella didn't really value his opinion or life enough to take offence to the words, but she did know there really was no way to make him come. It's not as if she could drag him around, carrying the human back here had been hard enough when he was unconscious. It was incredibly frustrating. The girl bared her teeth with a hiss. "Why do you have to be so difficult?!"

Standing up she brushed her hair back and slammed her foot hard against the floor, not even an inch from his head so the sound would ring in his ears. "Fine! Stay here, see if I care! Become someone's snack; become someone's fuck boy for all I care! Maybe you'll get some satisfaction out of being desired for once, asshole." With that the demoness headed out, slamming the hard but old wooden door behind her.

He grins to himself and shakes his head "someone's on her period guess that's why she's so eager to go out and make a bunch of little devil spawn babies" He chuckles and looks around slowly. Sighing he slowly climbs to his feet and manages to stay standing. He by no account could run very long or fast but he could run if needed. letting out a slow breath he makes his way to the door and slowly opens it. Once making sure she was really gone he started sneaking away from the church heading back towards town

Isabella took wing to wait high above in the trees. Sure, she had things to do today but in her mind there was a very high chance Jason was going to do exactly what she expected him too. Stupid human, why was he so damn determined to get on her nerves? To go against her wishes? Having never broken one in before, maybe she was going about it the wrong way but it was the only way Isabella was willing to try.

Before long at all, as expected, he made his way slowly through the door. Isabella rolled her eyes. Disgustingly predictable. However, she vouched for silently following him through the trees rather then making her presence known. Part of it was so that she knew where he would head should Jason ever try to run while she was really gone; part of it was just curiosity.

He slowly but surely made his way into the town. Surprisingly there were no creatures around that would even come close to harming him even if they wanted to. Grinning he manages to sneak into the police station and find all the weapons and ammo. smiling he grabs a large bag and starts stuffing all the equipment he can fit into the bag including, several shotguns, rifles, and pistols, along with several hundred rounds of ammo which also included a few changes of clothes for later. Slinging the bag around his shoulder he then makes his way back to the woods. looking around he stashes the bag behind the church in a small hole that he covered up with some old boards. smiling with his handiwork he then makes his way back into the church to wait for her return.

Isabella followed silently, moving through the trees on quivering steps that hardly made a sound except for the occasional rustle of a leaf passing by. She hovered outside of town -preferring not to step into the abandoned human settlement which stunk of rubble and ash- but made sure to keep the human within her amber sights.

Not a soul disturbed either of them, but that was to be expected. After all, this was just outside her territory and probably belonged to another demon or two. For this reason her eyes were extra wide, scanning anything for an out of place movement. Upon seeing Jason return with the bag slugged over his shoulders, she had a pretty good guess of what it might be. Humans and their weapons. Pshh.

She was surprised however, when he seemed to be heading back to return to the church. If he was well enough for a trip to town, why not just head off? He could probably make it quite a ways in the time she had planned to be out. It clicked rather quickly after that, with the weapons and her threats to come after him should he try to leave, the human probably planned to be rid of her first. Hmm.

The human looked rather satisfied with himself.

Once he had returned to the church, and Isabella was pretty sure he wasn't going out again any time soon, the demoness headed off to do what she had planned to do. She rolled her eyes, thinking back to his previous comment and snorted. Demon prostitute. Demons didn't whore themselves out like his disgusting race, males took what they wanted or -much more often- died trying. It was amusing to see how much he linked his race with her own, even though there was very little they really had in common.

Isabella didn't return for most of the day, out and about dealing with troublesome affairs of her own. She only gave herself brief periods of time to wonder what Jason was up to, if he was rummaging through her home or if something had already come to pick him off. That would be unfortunate, but it would serve him right for not listening.

Unfortunately, Isabella was likely more beat up that day then her human guest. On her high-tailed way back, the girl found herself face-to-face with one of those big ugly wolf-like demons from the other day. However the thing had caught her by surprise, and the demoness now had a large bite-mark in the arm of her wing and more then a few deep cuts to show for it; still welding ruby blood as she walked through the wooden door frame.

"You're going to have to cook it yourself," Isabella hissed, dropping a fat turkey-like bird beside him although she has nothing for herself. The demoness didn't need to eat as frequently, the food was just for her annoying human guest. One wing was tucked in neatly, the other wounded one hanging awkwardly and limply as it stung.

He had spent the rest of the time searching through the church to see if he could find anything of value. He found a few things here and there that might help him in his journey and a few other things that he knew she would have no need for what so ever. Upon hearing her return he sat back down and looked at the door to wait for her upon seeing her injured state he inwardly grimaced and thought to himself "thats gotta hurt."

He looks at the bird she caught him and then at her and sighs before he starts cleaning the bird of its feathers and insides once it was completely clean he made work with the fire. After that was set up he made a spit and jabbed a rod through the bird and set it over the fire to cook. He then looked at her getting up he walked into a back room and found a needle and thread he walks back over to her and crosses his arm "you might not like me and I don't like you thats a fact. however demon or not I will not stand by and watch you suffer in pain you might lose that wing to infection unless you let me help you."

Returning to her 'room' Isabella rinsed her arms off in the container of water from the day before, only to find her wounds and cuts were still very fresh. The water stung like applying salt to a wound. Within seconds they had leaked fresh red streets across her light skin once again.

The deep and small cuts were the least of her worries however, not compared to her wing which had been mercilessly torn into on the top and along the arm. Without much padding on it, the beasts teeth had ripped past many very sensitive layers of skin and scraped strait to the bone. Her feathers were scuffled to cover most of the wound... It was a lot worse then it currently looked.

Upon walking out again it was both annoying and slightly impressive that the human had managed to conjure up a fire so quickly. However the needle and thread combined with his words were definitely more of a shock.

"What?" He was... Offering to help? Immediately her pride and independent attitude sparked up to reject the offer from this otherwise sour human, but that stinging screaming ache in her wing did a bit to push it aside. Not to mention the threat of loosing her wing, the pride of many demons and Isabella liked to think she had rather nice ones. Her eyes narrowed with suspicion, thoughts running back to the weapons he had stashed and she knew this could very well be a ploy to get her guard down.

"With that?" The demonesses eyes flickered to what rested in his hands, a simple needle and thread. "how is that going to help? How are you going to help? Why do you even want to help?"

He narrows his eyes "because like I said demon or not I will not stand by and watch a creature suffer and youd be surprised what human medicine has accomplished over the years. Now this is the last time I'll offer to help if you say no I will go back to my meal and you can risk losing your wing to infection the choice is yours. If you need another reason you can look at it as somewhat of a thanks for bringing me back here and nursing me back to some degree of health"

"But that's what you use to stitch up clothes." Isabella interrupted, still not quite understanding what he was meant to do with the little instruments. Sew her a bandage of sorts? Naturally, any and every injuries she had had were always left to heal naturally. Needless to say, she had never gotten anything this bad before.

His reasons weren't quite enough to ease her nerves, but the prospect of loosing her wing was horrifying to Isabella. "Alright," she snapped sharply, before breathing out and slipping into something of a softer; almost tired tone. "If you think you can help... Yeah, alright. But don't try anything funny... I may be bleeding but I can still put you down."

Even though the demoness wasn't showing it, she was in a lot of pain. Showing such a thing would be a sad weakness and something she had practiced all her life to hide -the only indication of her true suffering was the appearance of the ravage wound itself. Not long after her words she sat down in front of the fire with the limb in question draped painfully to her side, waiting for Jason.

He sits down behind her and threads the string through the needle he then holds the needle above the fire to heat it up. disinfecting the needle wouldn't be the hard part it would be sewing up the wing without slicing through anything important.

"I won't lie this will be..difficult for your anatomy is clearly different from a humans putting that aside this will hurt like hell your wing is hardly holding on and from what I can tell its almost only nerves and muscle holding it together." With that he as gently as he could moved the wing into what looked like the proper alignment and stuck the red hot needle through her skin.

Only when she glanced back at Jason holding the thin needle over the fire, only then did she realize what he had in mind. "Wait wait wait-!" Her good wing fluffed up in defence before shrinking against her back as if to protect it, but she couldn't even move the other without a searing pain. "You're not going to stick me with that thing -are you!?"

She knew very well her wing was just barely holding on, it made it that much more painful when he shifted it with a gross cracking sound of two splintered bones making contact. Isabella grinted her teeth in response. "You're sure this will help?" As a response to her question, the hot needle poked through and it took all she had not to simply yank her poor abused limb away. A hand went to scrunch in her hair for lack of anything better to hold, claws digging in only to add to her list of wounds.

The wing hung dead and limp because she didn't have the energy to carry it right now, not even responding to the prick although the rest of her body was ever-so slightly quivering from the combined pain. But she didn't make a sound after that, keeping her teeth tightly clenched except for the occasional responsive hiss.

He continued this process for a while only stopping to occasionally turn the bird so it wouldn't burn, and to clean the needle with some of the water only to put it back in the fire to redisinifect it finally after an hour and a half of sewing her wing back into place was the wound finally closed. He set the needle down with a soft sigh and then stood up to go wash his hands "I've done what I can you need to avoid using or moving the wing around too much the bones should heal on their own but if you open the stitching its going to hurt even worse then when you received the injury

After a while, Isabella ended up letting her head hang with her back curled; trying to block out the both painful and uncomfortable tugging sensation of the needle. It felt so unnatural, it was hard to believe something like this would end up healing her wing. Each time he had to re-heat the needle and give her a fresh searing poke, Isabella would fight the urge to turn around and snap his neck. It was only the prospect of him helping that was keeping the man safe from her violent nature right now really, and how gentle his movements were when he had to shift something. He wasn't any rougher then nessicary... Which was unexpected.

It sure as hell felt like a lot longer then an hour and a half.

When he was finally done, Isabella said nothing as Jason got up to wash his hands. Although it was hard to believe, her wing did feel better in a sense already. It wasn't any less painful; but felt more patched up and brought together. She didn't need him to tell we not to use the wing, not with the burning screaming pain every time she shifted it.

When he came back, Isabella watched the human for a short while before finally a few words brushed past her lips. "Thank you...Jason." It felt awkward to thank him, -especially using the mans name instead of an insulting nickname- being very independent herself she had solemnly needed to thank anyone in her life. But he deserved it. So she would grant him that for now.

She paused for a moment in returned silence as something came to mind. "You don't... You for know my name." Another brief breath and pause from demoness. "Would you like to?" She questioned instead of just giving it, because in all honesty it wouldn't surprise her if he didn't want to know. After all, they were far from even aquantinces.

He glances at her and shrugs a bit he pulls the bird off the fire and rips a chunk off and pops it into his mouth chewing it with relish. "your welcome...and I suppose it would be nice to know the name of my..somewhat savior I suppose"

A thought hit Isabella that made her smirk slightly. "You can call me master or mistress..." She sat back, flinching slightly at the sharp pain. There was something odd and new to her tone, it wasn't quite sarcasm but... More along the lines of a joke. "But Isabella works too."

She watched him eat and a moment before scrunching her nose. The grease in place of blood was odd and unappealing, along with the scent of the bird. "It's better raw, I don't understand why your bodies adapted to eating like that. What did you do before there was matches?"

"we've always ate meat cooked it was just a matter of getting fire started its like I told you we either use matches, or we take stones and strike them together to make sparks that would start fires, some would argue that by taking two sticks you can create fire by rubbing them together but that doesn't really work

Isabella's brows furrowed, still not quite understanding and for a moment she was sure he was just messing with her. Rocks? Sticks she might be able to understand, because fire fed off of wood right? But how did rocks come into play? Without another word the demoness stood up and left the church.

It was true most humans and demons were on the same playing felid when it came to simple intelligence, but as far as researched science came into play one race vastly outdid the other. Although they were a naturally curious and mischievous creature, hunting and competing and just living life in her old world had never left much time for anything else. They were definitely lame when it came to the medical feild, and basic understanding of how this earth worked. Vice versa when it came to adapting, as demons could live off the land and adapt to almost anywhere -dominating wherever they went- but many humans seemed weak in that department.

Isabella returned a rather short time later with an assortment of differently shaped stones and rocks, none larger then her pa but all ranging from smooth to rough to crumbling or hardened. She reclaimed her seat beside him and the fire, looking up with bright slightly eager eyes. "Show me."

He watched her go completely confused as to where she was going. Shrugging he just ignored it and continued eating. but when she returned with the large pile of rocks he understood. by then he had eaten half of the bird and was still going strong he licked the juices off his fingers and started shifting through the rocks after finding two he liked he stood back a bit and struck them together once a small shower of sparks going off as he did so "doing it with wood is harder because there isn't anything to cause the actual burst of flame. so if you were to combine the rubbing the sticks together with striking of rocks then you'll have fire in no time the trick is however to find rocks that work together some rocks can't create fire or sparks no matter how hard you try it all depends on what the rock is made out of"

Isabella watched in awe as the sparks danced off its grey surface, a moment later taking the chosen rocks in her own hands to look at them. The place where they met, where their spark had created, was rough instead of smooth as the rest of the surface was. It wasn't quite the rocks themselves that caught her fascination or even what they had done, although it may have certainly looked like that to Jason.

No, it was more along the lines of wonder in learning something new she had never known... well, from a human. It was odd, she liked to think of them almost as animals or pets most of the time; because essentially, that's what demons had turned them into. It was little things like this, interesting little things that could serve as a wake-up call sometimes. Like wondering through a human settlement and finding pictures or drawings. Talking to a human who didn't conform to what was expected. Learning something new.

It made it easier to almost see him as a person.

Without really thinking about the action before-hand, Isabella gave the two rocks a strike together. It certainly did give a small satisfying shower of sparks, bringing a smile from her. Until that shower of sparks mostly hit Jason.

He jumps back a bit and shoots her a look he knew she hadn't done it on purpose but still it annoyed him "hey..be careful you nearly set me ablaze with that last strike.." He sits down away from the range of the sparks and goes back to eating his bird which was hardly anything more then bones by now

Status
Not open for further replies.