How to end a Demon World

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isabella watched him with a small smirk. He certainly did look determined to love up to the challenge and prove her wrong -it was a shame the human wouldn't be able too. "Okay, seriously you're not going to make it up here. And your going to hurt yourself trying." She frowned, catching his glimpse to the beams. No way. The girl watched in disbelief, expecting him to slip and fall and shatter his spine or something -it wouldn't be hard to imagine the look of pure surprise and shock on her face when she found Jason at eye-level across from her. Crouched on the beam like a regular old demon, giving her a stupid grin and rubbing it in.

Alright, so she was impressed. Isabella wouldn't admit to it of course, but it was slightly reinvent in her surprised expression for a moment before she huffed and straitened back out with one wing slightly extended. It actually looked quite amusing, lop sided in that sense. "Took you long enough. But can you do this?" With a smirk the girl closed her eyes and fell backwards off the beam.

Or so it looked, for just a split second before she swung on her tightly woven tail and the beam gave a groan. It was far from giving out on her light body weight though. She hung upside-down almost like a bat, the thin but strong tail wrapped around at a comfortable angle supporting her. Of course he wouldn't be able to, not without a tail. But she couldn't help to one-up the human and remind him of who was really superior.

He chuckles and does the same except he hung there by his legs to make it even more impressing he lifted one leg and remained hanging on the beam by just one leg "are you impressed yet? I can do quite a bit more than you think i can obviously I can't fly or anything like that but I'm more resourceful then you think. How do you think i survived three years on my own?"

Isabellas brows furrowed at the question, and it was clear she was trying to think of a way to out-do him. To be honest this was a lot more then she had expected him to be able to do, the man was surprisingly strong to just be hanging there on one limb although his stiff posture stated he wasn't quite as flexible as her slightly curved back and loose posture; hands tucked in against her chest as she hung there with a scowl. Being flexible and winged wasn't good enough to just out-show him, especially now when she was handicapped for the time being. Isabella was impressed, and now the demoness wanted to really out-do him.

"Luck." She snorted in response to his question, eyeing Jason up and the scowl did not leave. How was he so damn agile -the human! In the light she could see his muscles were defined and much more prominent then hers. It only brought a further snort. Stupid human. She most definitely did not like the idea of being outdone by him, and after a moment the girl fluffed up her wings in disgruntlement. "And how do you suppose you're going to get down, wingless wonder? Didn't exactly think that through, did you?"

As she spoke Isabella arched her body up to grab the beam again so she could sit rather then hang. This was a bit of a strain on her tail. However the demon made her silly mistake of loosening her tail-grip before getting a good grip on the wood; causing her eyes to widen for a moment in a quick scramble as her claws dug into the wood again trying to get a grip and-

Once again, Isabella crashed to the ground in a flurry of feathers. A groan quickly followed.

He laughs and shakes his head grinning he stands up and casually walks across the beam to the pillars again "well for one I won't do that I prefer this method" he jumps towards the pillar and literally slides around the pillar just by his hand until his feet touched the ground "I'm back safe and sound"

Isabella groaned again in response, swearing his bloody murder right at her very own claws then and there. How had she even slipped again -with the strong grip she had been sure to keep? Needless to say the demoness was furious with herself and highly embarrassed, his laugh only made it worse. She had thankfully landed on her good wing again and was shifting an arm under herself to push up and raise her head to look up at Jason from the ground.

"Shut... the fuck up... stupid human... or you won't be 'safe' for much longer..." It was clearly an empty threat as she rose to sit back on her knees and heels, rubbing her head with slightly red cheeks. Isabella was sure if he didn't loose that look soon she was going to rip his throat out, or maybe just rip it right off of his face. "Come on, are you done eating yet? You've wasted enough of my time already today." She mumbled, clearly more upset with the fact she had embarrassed herself then the wasted time.

He chuckles again and shakes his head again he was glad to see her embarrassed "you know if you put aside the sharp teeth the wings tail and claws you are pretty much human you feel the same your still competitive but you still get embarrassed and shy and everything else" he takes the last few bites of the bird "let's go then won't wait all day for you"

Isabella looked at Jason as if he had said something disgustingly offensive. Was she being compared to a human by the man? Well of course she took it as an extremely negative comment -embarrassed, who was embarrassed? She wasn't embarrassed. Demons shouldn't get embarrassed, not when everything they did was full of such confidence and stubborn nature. There was no room for weak emotions like regret and pity, embarrassment or being sky. She brushed her hair back with a huff, puffing up defensively. "Excuse me? If anything, I would say you are pretty much like a demon -save for the claws and pointy teeth and tail. Well anything that would make you useful really. But don't compare me to that again, not unless you want to loose your tongue."

She stood up after that brushing past him out the door and started walking. As in the trees, her steps were oddly silent against the forest ground despite crunch leaves and unpredictable twigs. It seemed the demoness knew exactly where to step, her tail even hovering a few inches off the ground so it wouldn't bring a loud drag through the grass. "Don't fall behind, its a long way from here and no doubt if you do you'll get lost and left behind. We're going for a bath first, though. "

Isabella looked up to the timeless sky for a moment as she walked. Something brief flickered through her mind, a small memory of the first few days when everything had started to fall to shit for the humans. She had only seen the sun and moon for those first few days before they made their great escape. Sometimes the girl would think back to them as she walked, and didn't until that moment realise the opportunity she had with Jason now walking with her. She stopped for a short moment, looking at him with suddenly curious eyes before starting to walk again. The simple words brushed past her lips, quiet with their meaning hidden. "Tell me what your world was like."

• Love
Reactions: Andy
He comes to a stop beside her and looks at her in awe he clearly wasn't expecting that. Why did she want to know? What did it matter anyways? Was she trying to mock him by bringing up a world that was long lost and no longer existed? It made no sense none whatsoever "..you want to know about my world? Before you came here?."

"Well I already know what its like after I came here." Isabella snorted in response, shuffling her wings into place on her back contemptibly. She knew he would be caught off guard by the question. After all, what did it matter to her right? She was a demon, never caring for the humans way of living enough to explore their cities or ask such a question to another soul before even though the girl had had many opportunities. Never caring to parade around in their old lifestyle as many other demons had chosen to do, rather living out her life just as simple as it once had been.

But that didn't mean she wasn't curious, just because Isabella often held her tongue on the matter. It didn't mean she wouldn't still sit for hours on end with some strange object found in her house, trying to figure out what it was used for or why it was painted such a bright color. Humans seemed to like their bright colors. Why? How many times had she asked that question to herself and not received an answer? It was all fascinating to her, the girl who had only watched the new world around her crumble but never got to see it in its glory even though she wanted to know everything about it. Never got a chance to figure out what half the things once in her home were used for because she had been expected to toss them aside, expected by other demons who did not share the same curiosity. Didn't share her wonder and would most definitely find her odd or weak for it. Sometimes she even wondered what the humans were like before they were broken and beaten down by fear. Part of her thought they might have been like this man, but another scolded saying he was probably toughened by the events and being on the run. But how would she know? There was so much Isabella wondered about, so much she wanted to know, so much she would never receive an answer too.

Or maybe she would, at least to a few of her questions without fear of him running his mouth off to others as a demon might. Maybe a small part of it was even a little bit of faith, a little bit of trust. A little bit of trust in his fear of her, even if it seemed non-existent. Yeah. That was it, fear because it would be odd and illogical for it to be anything else -right?

Isabella looked back up to the sky, not particularly caring what he thought of her words. She was simply speaking her mind now without thinking of where it might lead or the effects -as classic Isabella often did. "I don't know anything about it, but I guess that's our fault. We didn't give a chance to learn about you before changing it all, and I doubt if I could go back anything would be different. But I just can't help to wonder sometimes. What your homes were like before they were wreaked, what your families were like and your communities; what's the use of all the odd trinkets I simply can find none for but to be discarded. I only saw a few of your days and nights, but I wish there were more. We didn't have any of those back home, it was all like the sky as it is now. I just cant help but think of it sometimes."

• Love
He sighs and let's out a slow breath "its...hard to describe the place you knew as home. I won't say it was perfect because it was far from. We had criminals. We had murder. We had pollution we were by no extent perfect. But we were human and that's what mattered to most of us. We had day and night day when the sun was out and night when the moon was out. We had different seasons too the world would change around us it didn't always look like it does now..we had summer spring fall and winter.." he sighs as he thinks about it "all humans were equal..no matter who you were or where you came from you could be anything you wanted as long as you worked for it. Families were similar and different some were big some small others had no kids others had lots some had no father others had no mother. As for the trinkets I'd have to see those myself to know what they were. But oh..I miss technology the most with technology we could fly just like you do..we could travel past the sky..we were able to land on the moon!..there was little we couldn't accomplish with technology..given enough man power and time we could easily have created a weapon to eradicate all demons but..we didn't have that time.."

Isabella listened quietly without interrupting for once, finding her eyes brushing over the forest when he spoke of 'seasons'. What did he mean, didn't always look like it did now? Well what did it look like then? She couldn't imagine the forest to be much different having never seen many others that looked a change -did it change color or shape or maybe just smell and senses? His words only raised so many more questions begging to roll off her tongue, while they were walking she would have gladly sprang more upon him with wide wondrous eyes craving knowledge but didn't dare interrupt Jason now. She didn't want to miss a single word.

Something brought a small smile to her lips easily missed, it was when he talked about families. She had seen the way humans bonded and shared affection with each other before, even if they were slaves it was still a warm tender thing to see that she could never look away from. They were so affectionate compared to the higher race and so gentle with it too, the sight was almost weird but oddly warming. Both mothers and fathers with their children -now that was such a special bond that demons didn't often get. More likely it was as he had added, kids living with one or the other or none. But equality? That was something that had never existed among the demons. They were always fighting for who got to be on top, who was above who and ranking themselves as so by order of who was strongest to who was weakest. An order that naturally put humans at the bottom.

"You could fly?" Isabella asked suddenly looking at him with wide eyes, trying to figure out what he meant. How that was possible. She didn't even care for his last comment, too caught up on the wonder of what he meant by 'going to the moon.' Obviously he wasn't speaking literally. "How? Did you... make yourself wings? Wait-" The demoness padded her pockets with furrowed brows for a moment, back and front. "Oh come on don't tell me I- oh!" Reaching into one of them, she pulled out a small cylinder silver little trinket with an animal head on it she quite liked. She had found a few of them but this being the smallest, it had somehow taken to residing in her pocket. The demon held the quarter out to Jason for examination. "This, tell me what this is." She demanded but in a light tone, as if she didn't really know how to ask nicely and that was her way of doing so.

He looks at her and then down at the trinket she pulled out. He gently took it from her hand to examine it and after a few seconds gave a small smile and looked at her "this is a quarter we used it as currency to explain if someone had something you wanted we would buy it from them using money after giving them the money we got what we wanted there's all kinds of money out there in the world. So this find isn't anything too special I still have some loose change on me" he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a penny a nickel a dime and a crumpled up dollar bill that was hardly recognizable "and to answer your earlier question yes we could fly not with actual wings like you we used vehicles called planes that would fly us wherever we wanted to go"

Isabella gently plucked the penny from his hand, comparing it to her quarter for a moment and deciding she liked the silver large one better. Upon seeing the loose change she recognised it but had never really thought about picking it up or giving it the time of day -except for this one, which was charmingly shiny."Wait, so you would use it to get things from other people. Why did people want them? What do you make from them? What's their use?" So far she had found no use for the tiny thing other then to look at. Maybe when you put them together, they made something.

At the mention of wings Isabella spread her own good one and took a look at it. She couldn't imagine anyone ever talking her over to giving a ride, which is what it seemed like he was saying. That the humans made their ways into the sky on the back of something else -it must have been rather big. She hadn't seen anything natural to this world with a much bigger wingspan then her -but then again maybe it was one of the things that went downhill into disappearance when her demon party decided to show up? "Did you have to tame the 'vehicles?' How big were their wings, and why would they let you borrow them?"

It was clear her questions were not going to end, her wonders and curiosities only grew with each passing word and now that Isabella had a source to grant her that wondrous thought she was going to use him as much as possible. Before long at all they had reached the small stream however, running only waist deep in the middle with a very weak current. She knew sometimes it was higher and sometimes bustling with fish, but for now all seemed quiet. Probably because of the loud human beside her.

• Love
He chuckles and shakes his head "the money all its used for is trading to get things other people have so let's say this you have something I want id give you money to get it then you would use the money I gave you to go get things from other people now to get money in the first place you needed a job and work for it..my job was a police officer I would arrest criminals and uphold the laws or rules our leaders created. As for the other question we didn't tame or borrow them we built thethem they're called planes and we would build them using the materials the earth gave us it's the same with everything else in this world other then the trees and water anything that is not naturally created by the earth we had to build using the materials the earth would give us"

Isabella bent down to skim her fingers across the water, but she was taking in every word. She didn't quite understand his form of 'currency' but more and more pressing questions bit at her lip -she really was an endless bound of curiosity and questions. Upon hearing about his profession, she couldn't help but glance up at the man. "And from this job you got quarters. Money from... who you worked for?" She slowly put it together, struggling to grasp the concept but obviously trying her best because she really did want to know. It was curious to hear of how they used the earth, a bit like demons did but it seemed humans were more resourceful with it. Changing it, building off of it while demons like herself simply tended to live with that they were given. Of course it was all useless knowledge... But at the moment that didn't matter to the demoness.

"Tell me more." She demanded softly, straitening back out and rubbed her eyes. The water was cool but it was a nice sharp chill, and a demons naturally warm body temperature contrasted that perfectly. She tugged at the bottom to pull off her top, back facing Jason seemingly without regard for nudity. Her low-cut bottoms and fully exposed back showed just how many barely visible pale scars the demoness carried over her light skin, many of them in long lines that were obviously claw marks. She carried quite a few around her hips and shoulder blades, feathers surprisingly not carrying on much after the wings but instead being replaced by smooth skin. "I want to know everything."

He paused for a moment a bright blush rising to his cheels as he slowly eyed her up and down. He quickly shook his head and looked at her "technically yes I would get paid in quarters see each type of money we have is worth a different amount and you needed a specific amount to buy things so let's say I had a bottle of water. You wanted thr water I would tell you it's 25 cents or one quarter which you would give me as an equal trade and you would get the water. Better quality if a product or the thing you were going to buy or more of it would cause the price or the amount of money needed to acquire the item would go up"

"But why wouldn't I just get the water myself? Wait no -better question. Why these 'quarters?' What makes them worthy to be traded for objects again and again -when they have no real use? Why not trade... like things you don't need for things you do need. Or take things by force. You know, that's what we do and it works out just fine." The girl sat down for a moment to undo her boots -pesky human clothes, so nessicary but so inconvenient- and then slip off her shorts to revel a lack of underwear. Even without any clothes to cover her body the girls muscle definition wasn't as prominent as his, it was easy now to see she really was quite small for a demon aside from the big wings.

She glanced over her shoulder to stand up and scowl at Jason just standing there. He looked odd, maybe slightly nervous with a red tinge to his cheeks. Was he afraid of the water, suddenly reluctant to come bath? Oh no, that wouldn't do. He definitely needed one and she would get him in there if Isabella had to drown the human to do it. "What are you waiting for? Get your ass over here, we don't have all day.

He continued to watch her undress and could only blush more. It kinda pained him to admit it but even though she was a demon she was very..attractive..yeah that was the right word for this situation. Swallowing hard he shakes his head to remove the blush and starts taking off his own clothes his shirt came first to reveal his hard muscles and strong abs even though he had been malnourished for so long his body had still somehow to maintain its strong build. He slipped his shoes and socks off followed quickly by his pants and underwear before he would slowly wade into the water.

"To answer your question it gave everyone a basis for an equal trade lets say I wanted to trade you an apple for all the land you control here. You wouldn't think it would be a fair trade would you? Money gave us a medium for trading that way we could avoid being cheated. So even if I had something that you considered trade worthy for all the land you control I might not think that it was worth it or I might not be willing to part with it. As for the just taking it we had laws or rules against that we called it murder and theft which were illegal or against the rules that our government had set for us."

"Your society sounds too compicated. So many rules, such a complex trading system trading system, quarters..." Isabella had walked into the water and it came just above her hips, the cool sensation sending a chill up her spine but also bringing a small smile to the girls face. Her tone wasn't exactly judging or negative though, in fact she spoke as if the thought was almost thrilling. A whole new world full of useless curiosities then she now had answeres too. The girl glanced back again at Jason but her eyes lingered for a moment as she raised an eyebrow, scanning him up and down without shame for a moment. He was... Not bad, actually. For a human. Better looking in health then she would have expected, with a well cut body that was surpringly...

The girl shook her had roughly before turning back. What odd thoughts, definately not appropriate for the demonesses mind. The shake had cleared her head a bit though so she bent down in the water to run it along her wings and arms, loving the cool sensation along her skin enough to block Jason out for the moment. Her tail remained curled aroun her waist as if specifically avoiding the stream.

"Hey, can I ask you a favor?" Isabella turned to face the human -half to make sure he was washing as well- and ran a hand through her hair.

Jason was currently scrubbing his hair as best as he couled without soap it would prove useless to get much of the dirt, sweat and grime off him that he had collected over the years but he did look a lot healthier already he looked human again after all he was scrubbing off at least 50 layers of dirt and grime hearing her question he looks at her and nods a bit "sure. What is it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.