How to end a Demon World

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's good to accept who you are yeah, because there's a lot of things you can't change. But your roll in life? There's nothing about that to accept, you choose that. You choose who you want to be, whether you're going to live life to it's fullest and find out the hard way that you can't fly or breathe under water... Or you can live your life without assuming, without ever trying. And you'll end up missing things you never thought you could do, but you really could of you just put the heart into it." Isabella looked up to the rafters. "I knew I probably wouldn't be able to get those, but couldn't help to try right?"

She let out another light sigh, brows furrowing slightly when he stopped. She could feel all the feathers back into place but it had been very relaxing. Enough so that she could forget it was a human laying his dirty hands on her wings. "You don't have to stop..." She mumbled half-heartedly, not opening her eyes.

He looks at her and pauses hesitantly he starts to gently stroke her feathers again raising an eyebrow he had figured she'd want to rip this arms off for touching her wings but he was wrong yet again about her just like she had been wrong about him

A soft sigh brushed past her lips once again, and Isabella relaxed under his touch. Maybe the human wasn't so useless after all. It was true this was a rather personal thing, demons themselves usually being the ones to sort out this highly sensitive spot when things went amiss but now it was purely for the sweet relaxing sensation his hands gently applied. He couldn't help but to shift slightly onto her stoumach for greater comfort. It was making the demoness drowsy. He had caught her in a most vain table spot at the time, one move out of place would probably result in a sharp action but at the moment... Jason was lulling her strait to sleep.

He smiles a bit it was amazing how easily swayed she was one moment she was ready to bite his head off the next she was sighing like a dog being scratched behind the ears yawning a bit himself he continued to gently stroke her feathers as he laid down beside her

Isabella didn't even bat an eyelash when he shifted to lay beside her -completely neutralized at the moment. His continued light pressure on her back and wings almost brought a light purr from the girls throat. There was probably very little that would get her up at this point really. She was warm, comfortable, and that was all that mattered.

Her light breathing and relaxed state was so unnatural, to be on the ground and next to another -a human none the less!- was just unheard of. And yet here she was, not long after that Isabella found herself slipping away into a very peaceful sleep.

It wasnt long befire he finally fell asleep himself his hand resting gently on her feathers. He shivered lightly in the cold and absently scooted closer and underneath her wing which he used as a makeshift blanket

Isabella woke a satisfying six hours later feeling... Ridiculously refreshed. She hadn't even been planning on sleeping this time but it had been her best rest in a long time. She had rarely as of the late been able to slip into her quiet, occasionally mumbling dreamworld for more then an hour. Six? Well that was just mad. No wonder she felt so good.

Or maybe, Isabella realized as she became more aware of her grounded surroundings, it was from the others hand gently placed against her sore wing while his body was almost completely hidden under her other. The girl wasn't quite sure how she felt about that. Her feathers were still beautifully sorted and her wind purred from the pampering, reminding Isabella that he probably deserved her warmth. Their close contact didn't bother her the slightest, having no regard for it herself, but being used as a blanket made the demoness scowl slightly.

But she shifted to cover him more, scooting closer to rest her wing fully over top of the human. It most definitely did keep heat in, being a demons main source it may have even been uncomfortable for him in the radiating heat. It wouldn't he long at all now before she woke him.

He was curled up snuggly underneath her wing his hand has never left her injured one the entire time he slept yawming he rubs his eyes a bit and gently strokes her feathers again for a few seconds before going back to his dream world

A soft sigh, almost another purr, slipped from Isabella as the hand smoothed along her wing again. It really was such a nice comforting feeling. She would have to stop him from doing that without her permission in the future, knowing the action was a particularity soft spot that she had very little resistance too. Part of her -only a small bit- wanted to take the affection and smooth strokes when they were given without question. After all, she had hardly been this close to anyone before. It was only the sour little voice in her head reminding the demoness that this snuggly man was a human bent out to obliterate her I tire race, only that small part that stopped Isabella from cuddling back into him.

Instead she took time to close her eyes and focus on different parts of her body. Demons naturally healed faster then humans, so it was no suspense the dull ache was already fading on her wing. All the cuts had scabbed up and a few pesky but short-lived bruises had formed on her light skin. Aside from that, she was relit overly doing ok. Much better then yesterday, which left her wondering if Jason's kind actions had really saved her wing. Isabella the one-winged wonder, wouldn't that be a sight. She already didn't have horns, which was embarrassing enough.

Slipping into the debt of this man was the last thing she needed right now. Isabella let him sleep on for probably about another hour as something of another small thank you, watching the light breaths brush last his lips and small movements he would make. Maybe she let him sleep in as well because it was simply fascinating to watch the human. When she grew inpatient, The demoness ended up drawing her wings back -his warm soft blanket of feathers and comfort- to sit up and run her hand through her own hair; expecting the sudden change in temperature to wake the human. He didn't seem to like her wake-up call yesterday of being straddled, so maybe this would be more favourable.

Reactions: Andy
He groaned a bit from the sudden change in temperature but otherwise made no inclination that he was about to wake up. He curled himself up into a tighter ball as he tried to warm himself up more. Her comment from yesterday was true. He needed a bath terribly but what he had said had also been true being on the run for the last three years had little time to spend towards personal hygiene. He also desperately needed a shave and a haircut his hair was long and unruly and the signs of a beard were starting to show on his face.

Groaning he rolls back over onto his other side his back now facing her as he tried to get warm again. After a few more turns he finally gave up and his eyes slowly opened with a long yawn he sits up and stretches rubbing his eyes. Slowly he looks around as if he didn't recognize the area he was in and after a few slow blinks of his eyes recognition came back to him. "oh yeah..the church..thats right.."

Isabella watched in amusement and slight fascination as the human shifted again and again. She couldn't figure out what he was doing; rolling from side to side on the cold floor couldn't have felt good. Obviously it was some sort of technique to retain body heat or maybe stay asleep -but it didn't appear to be working. Strange creature. He really would do better with wings of his own. The girl leaned in slightly closer to watch his brows furrow and a soft groan brush past his lips -bringing her a half-smile.

"My church." The demoness corrected after he had finally risen. In response to his wide yawn and stretch, she gave one of her own curling her back to spread her arms out like a cat and give huge yawn -showing off a set of pointy canines. Her wings tucked tightly in their place but almost cried out in protest at the muscle-straining movement, but with the long day ahead of them it was better to warm them up now. "Do you need to eat? You need to be watered -right? I think I know that for a fact."

He sighs and rubs his eyes he slowly climbs to his feet and stretches again and mumbles under his breath it was clear he was not a morning person. "first off you don't say "you need to be watered" or "do you need to eat" its are you thirsty, hungry, or dehydrated and secondly yes I am because without water and food I'll get even more irritable and the chances of me snapping at your...friend..later are going to be much much higher."

• Love
Reactions: Blue
Isabella hadn't realised she had been talking about him in such terms until Jason pointed it out -speaking about and to the man as if he was a plant or a pet to be cared for. Not that she particularly cared. But the amused smirk that played on her lips made it seem like she had meant too -although she was also rather amused from his fowl seemingly morning mood. She would think one would be happy and refreshed after resting peacefully without disturbance or a troubled thought on his dream mind for so many hours. Even if it wasn't exactly as long as he probably would have liked, through her falling asleep the human got to rest as well much longer then her patience would normally allow him too.

"You can get even more irritable?" The demon stood up to stretch out her good wing and pull her fingers through her hair contemptibly. She felt good. This was going to be a good day. "I find that hard to believe. It would be more of a harm to you then it would be for me if you happened to snap at Syces. I suggest if you like your fingers you will hold your tongue around him -he's not nearly as patient as I am." And that was saying something, about the seemingly impatient aggressive demoness herself. But she knew her friend was far worse and the creatively cruel things he did to his humans to break them in... well even by Isabellas standards they were a bit frowned upon. Hopefully Jason wouldn't be too tempted to find out himself, because if he did run his mouth off it was very unlikely she would come to the rescue.

"I would suggest we hunt along the way but since you don't eat raw that wouldn't fair so well." She frowned, adding as an after thought; "You eat so much, I swear. The water collection is in the far room over there you shouldn't have too hard of a time finding it. Stay put here for now. I mean it." Isabella hummed the last part as she stepped out her door with the intention of going hunting. She spread her good wing into a wide arch but then stopped -knowing maybe flying wasn't such a good idea. Hmm. On foot it is then.

He watches her go and rubs his eyes and shakes his head before growling "he can try but I'll break his tail off first.." shaking his head he goes into the back where the water was and splashed his facell a few times before he started drinking the cool water bringing a nice relief to his paruched throat

Before not long at all, Isabella came through the door again -thankfully looking a lot less battered then she had the day before coming home- and tossed something at Jason. Hunting for food came so naturally to demons even without her wings for use she had managed to bring down something to hopefully keep him satisfied for a bit. No doubt there would be very little time to stop and eat while they were on the move -although the demon was deeply grateful he had decided to accompany her without a fight today. They would definitely be out much longer today. What ever it was Isabella had caught, she hadn't put in the time to fully kill the thing because as soon as it hit him the bird gave a loud squawk and a flurry of feathers.

He gasps and grabs the thing and quickly breaks it's neck "ugh..little fucker...thanks Isabella" he immediately starts defeathering the bird and guts it. It wasn't long before he had a fire going and the bird over it on the spit as he slowly turned the bird watching it turn a nice golden brown "..mm..if only I had a big plate of chips and corn..and gravy to go with this..."

• Love
Reactions: Blue
Being thanked was weird... so she decided not to comment or reply on that. After all she was only providing for him which was hardly worth kindly words. "Make quick work of it, I want to get out of here soon," Isabella mumbled, stepping in to brush the blood off of her hands. She really did need a bath -maybe that could come before their trip.

After returning from the back room where she downed about a litre of water, Isabella looked up to glare at the high wooden beams above again that had outwitted her last night. True to her word, she wasn't going to give up quite that easily especially not with the light claw markes that could be seen there dug into the wood from when she slipped. She looked back to Jason who was roasting the bird and then up again, crouching before he could give a much unwanted opinion of her thinking and sprang up again with a thrust of her good wing. There was a shiver-worthy scraping and scrambling noise of claws against wood as she roughly pulled herself up, keeping a firm grip this time so he wouldn't have anything to laugh about. Determination through concentrated eyes gave the girl what she needed to pull herself up onto the beam and then give a long contempt sigh, curling her tail around it for extra grip as she sat. "Ahh. That's better."

Although it crossed her mind, Isabella didn't really think about what it would be like when she wanted to come down. That could wait until later, right now she was boasting in the fact she had managed to make her way up with such a handi-cap. The human would never be able to do that. Her thought brought a cocky smile to her lips.

He looks up at her and shakes his head as he tears a piece of meat of the bird and dogs into it "what's that look for? You gloating or something? Think I can't make it up there?" He knew she would make good on his challenge so immediately he started looking around the church slowly and carefully to see how he could get up there

Isabella raised an eyebrow before shifting to sit up strait on her up-high seat. "You can't be serious. Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can't." The strong beam was only about twelve feet off the ground, but without the use of a large pair of wings for leverage there was no way he was getting up here with her. How high could humans jump any way -a foot or two? It was just laughable. He didn't have claws for a good grip or a tail to keep it. Her amusement and doubt in the question was clear but she watched the man curiously to see if he would actually try or not.

He grins and stands up looking over there were two bare pillars that were only a few feet apart that were connected to the beams. He looks at her and then at the beams and runs full speed at them he runs up one beam as far as he can and then casually hops from one beam to the other until he was sitting on the beam opposite of her his arms crossed and a small grin on his face "told you i could"

Status
Not open for further replies.