How to end a Demon World

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as she was dismissed, Ambriel knew not to cling around and let go of Isabellas immediately so he could move up. She swallowed hard looking to Jason for a short moment and tugged at the ends of her childish curls. She shuffled her feet, played with the end of her jagged sleeve, looked around the room a few times and shifted back and fourth. There was clearly something on her mind but as usual the girl had to work herself up to speak out from years of doing just that and getting in brutal trouble for it. Finally she did so though, in a low quiet tone no higher then the fun filtering through the windows. "Is she... is she going to be alright?"

A small ping against hardwood floor registered in Isabellas mind, the tiny fragmented sound of the needle hitting the ground as her fixer-upper human tossed it to the side without a second care. The shift of the bed underneath her as he drew on further to move beside her tense form, it brought a sharp spike and jolt of fresh pain to shoot up her back from her tail bone. But she didn't cry out this time and didn't even cringe -an outside eye wouldn't even be able to tell.

As much as her instinct were screaming to sit up, the demoness didn't move from her position and didn't reject the comfort Jason offered by slipping his hands into hers once more. She could feel his warm breath close, the touch of his nose and forehead against her own, steadying her breathing slowly but surely just as his work had been. His scent was soothing and warm, leaving a little note somewhere in the back of her hibernated mind that her human was close by. The amber eyes which should have been wide and alert for danger as usual were still closed tightly because she was still ever more in a seemingly endless world of pain; even if they were to be open they would probably just glaze over. The silence was better then any words he could have given. It allowed her mind to rest in a state without thought, without notion of the danger ahead or how they had to leave right away now that she was all patched up. Subconsciously her hand slowly drew his own up to her chest and tightened slightly. She just needed a few more seconds, a few more minutes rest from like before it came shooting back down.

• Love
Reactions: Andy
Jason looked at her and swallowed hard he felt terrible for her especially since he knew he had been a cause for most of her pain. Not anymore though he was going to protect her no matter the cost now "..I'm sorry Isabella..for all the pain and trouble I've caused you..I know at first we were at odds but..something inside me has changed..and I've seen it change inside you as well..idk what it is but..I do know that..I love you.."

• Love
Reactions: Blue
Isabella remained silent for a moment, taking that long I really process his words when her mind just didn't quite want to click and boot up again. But even when it did come back to life and his words were drawn through, she didn't understand. ". . . Stupid human...." Her eyes opened only a fraction to see his outline, the skimming edge of her human that she had come to feel more connected to then any demon of the past. It was such a scary thing for a creature build on hiding such weak emotions, and yet seeing his feint outline there with her so close brought ease to the girls mind.

"...you're not... Aloud to love me..." She certainly was takin her time with speaking, the words coming out tired but also maybe slightly rushed. Well, trying any way. "You're aloud to need me... You're alloud to want my by your side..." Those were both things she could get away with too, needing Jason and wanting his company. After all many demons did need their slaves, and since in the eyes of another that's what he was it might slip. But love? Well, that was just coldly unfair.

How dare he let such words slip past his lips when she couldn't return them, bound by her own species. The only place she could keep such a statement was deep down, where it would be kept safe and sadly unspoken for Jason's ears. But it would be safe from hurt... And that's what mattered. "But your a human... And I'm not aloud to love you, so don't make it unfair by loving me..." Her hands tightened around his own slightly pushing them closer into her own chest, thrumming against her heartbeat and warm skin through the fabric.

• Love
He looks at her as he listened to her speak softly. He knew that she felt the same way she was just afraid to admit it. Swallowing hard he gently leans forward and kisses her softly as he squeezed her hands back. He held the kiss for a moment before pulling back slightly to look at her "your a demon..since when do you give a fuck about what's aloud and what isn't?..Isabella..I know your just afraid..that your nature won't allow you to admit that you feel the same way for me..but you don't have to be afraid anymore..you don't have to limit yourself anymore..I'm willing to defy nature for my love for you..and I know your willing t o do the same even if you won't admit it.."

• Love
Isabella didn't really want to listen any more. But she didn't want to reply either, and it seemed like even if she did her lips weren't going to curve themselves quite right to speak without hurting him. She didn't want to reject him... But he just didn't understand. Maybe if it wouldn't put her in a world of pain she could have simply rolled over to not face him any more, and the conversation would drop from such a dangerous steep. Her eyes scrunched at the thought. What wishful thinking. The human... Jason, he had no real idea what he was talking about and it was causing her more pain then physical wounds on her body. He made it sound so easy to fall in love with someone of a different race. To admit to it. It just wasn't right at the core, this feeling, these words, and it didn't feel right. She still couldn't return his proclamation in fear that some where a sharp pair of eyes would hear, as impossible as she knew that was. The demoness wouldn't allow herself to believe Jason understood what was going through her mind and so just turned right back around to her former statement.

"Don't," Isabella finally whispered in barely audible words after what seemed to her like years of rolling them around in her head. They were so vague and she knew it. "Afraid? You don't know. . . There's no defying nature, there's no going against it. . ." Isabella ducked her chin, but then as if she couldn't make up her mind she turned her head so that Jason wouldn't kiss her again. But her hands around his didn't move at least. "I'm not aloud, and your going to get hurt. . ." Her mind flashed back to the demon who had done so much damage. Back to his taunting and not so empty threats. She knew it would be the same any where -because humans were just supposed to be soft and disposable things, and that was the only way they were safe. "So just stop. It's for your own good. . ."

Jason shook his head as she started going on about how he would only get hurt. Maybe he didn't understand what exactly was going through her head right now but she clearly didn't understand what his heart was telling him right now. "Isabella..change is nature..no matter what you do no matter who you are change is always around you..it's just a matter if you will accept it or not.." He looked at her again and then gently moved one of his hands to cup her cheek gently to turn her head to face him "Isabella..look at me.." Whether she would open her eyes to really look at him or not he would say what he had to say "yes your a demon. Yes I'm a human. We're from two different worlds and the way we express our emotions is completely different from each other. But no matter what you say no matter what you do there is nothing that can be done that will separate me from your side..nothing that will change the way I feel about you. Nor will anything change the way you feel about me. I know you love me Isabella..even if you won't admit it out loud I know you do. That's enough for me. Even if I won't ever hear you say that you love me out loud as long as I know that you do I will be happy with you..even in this hellish world that we live in today"

• Love
The hand cool on her cheek burned, or maybe it was just her skin burning an tingling underneath it from the simple touch. It made the hairs on the back of her neck spike in response and even though it obviously wasn't painful at the lightest caress, she flinched as though it might have been. Isabella didn't want to be touched right now, she didn't want to be comforted. Not by this human trying to loosen her tongue. Not by anyone. She wanted to get up and leave so she could be alone. Of course the battered up body made that impossible.

Even though she didn't like being told what to do, at the command Isabellas' slightly red eyes did flash open and searched for a moment before settling on Jasons features. She said nothing, for once, and listened to the other speak for a long quiet time before closing her bright eyes again. She might have fallen asleep if it hadn't been for the pain, because even though Isabella didn't want to give him the words this man craved back she could still feel the emotion in his and it left her contempt. Peaceful to mind... somewhere deep down beneath all the anger and stubbornness.

Softly and painfully she inched forward to support herself on her elbow, a movement that hurt something of fowl, and tilted her head up slightly to brush her lips against his own. His breath was warm and tasted sweet, like the human all around. So very worth the discomfort. Her touch, the movement, was probably the softest one Isabella had ever made or could ever make. Just a feather brush and a few whispered words to go with it. "Stupid... when did you get so soft for me?"

• Love
Jason softly kissed her back as he felt her lips brush against his own and this made him smile. He understood that she might never say the words he wanted to hear back to him but he knew that she did regardless of how she acted and that was enough for him. He gently forced her back to lay down and stroked her cheek gently with his thumb as he looked into her eyes. "I honestly can't be sure of that myself..all I know is that I have gone soft for you..and nothing is going to take me away from you..I'll fight my way through death itself to be by your side until the end. So until that day comes don't ever give up because if you do I will never forgive you" He smiles a bit and kissed her forehead gently. It was an empty threat but he did speak the truth because if she gave up he would lose his strength to keep going. Right now she was his everything along with the little girl. If he lost the two of them he wouldn't have the strength to continue on on his own.

The demon gave a soft grunt of pain when she was forced to lay back down, it all went to her poor tail in a little spike. But she did sink into the stiff bed and let her head rest back on the canvas covering; eyes squeezing shut for a moment when Jason kissed her forehead. She frowned softly at that, and would never admit to liking something so sweetly affectionate. All at once the soft touch to her was gone replaced with, as usual, a rough tough outside. "...whatever." She said quietly, but had taken the words in without a moment of hesitance. And Isabella knew he meant it.

It was a bit scary, really. More then a bit.

She didn't open her eyes again after squeezing them shut, but instead gave a long sinking exhale and relaxed slightly. Maybe even sleeping. Well, probably not. But close to it, exhausted and content, yet pestered with thoughts. Dangerously she had let the peril of their situation and the fact that they had to be leaving as soon as possible slip far from her mind. Softly and out of nowhere Ambriel was tugging at Jasons' shirt with a gentle fist. She looked around with wide doey eyes for a moment before speaking, and sounded small a bit disappointed with herself. ". . .The fire in the other room burnt out. . .I tried to keep it going but it wouldn't. . ."

Jason smiled gently at her as she put back up her hard exterior. It didn't surprise him. She was a demon after all and she couldn't help that. He would try and get her to pull that wall down and let him in more with time but for now he just needed to focus on helping her get better. When he felt a small tug on his shirt he looked down at Ambriel and gave her a small smile. He gently gave her a pat on the head and slowly stood up "come on then lets go get the fire started back up" He gently led her back into the other room and sat down near the fire pit they had made. He then proceeded to show her how to properly make and start a fire and keep it going.

Ambriels' face went blank at the touch on her head, simply kindhearted as it may have been, and she looked for a moment as though she might say something about it. Then she didn't. Instead simply followed the other out of the small room. Her feet made no noise against their dirty floors, with almost no weight to make a creak or a shuffle.

As the fire crackled to life again the little girls brows furrowed, frustrated almost with how easily Jason could get it alive again an how easily it had died under her equally gentle care. Somewhere she had doubt on whether or not she would be able to keep it alive still without her friend. Looking into the flames for a quiet time, Ambriel slowly found herself scooting over to sit beside Jason; she didn't look at him when she spoke. ". . .Do you remember much of what it was like. . .Before. . .?"

Jason looks at her as she slowly scoots closer and closer to him. He smiles gently at her and then looks back at the fire. When she asked her question he paused. He did remember what it was like but..it felt like it was a lifetime ago and that no matter how hard he may try that life would never come back. Nor the people or the world that they lost. After staying silent for a few moments he nodded a bit and then sighed "yeah..I remember what it was like before all of this happened.."

Ambriel watched the man, saw the conflicted face and his long silence in thought. Maybe her question had been out of place -bringing up a subject that was best left alone? But she wanted to ask. She wanted to know if his memories were fading too as quickly as hers were; Ambriel looked away after that. "I'm starting to forget a lot of what it was like before." The young girl said very quietly, bringing her knees up to tuck her feet under. "I forget what my parents looked like, and my friends at school. "

He sighs a bit and gently sets his arm around her shoulders. He gently rubs her shoulders and looks at her "..Its going to be hard Ambriel..things aren't the same as they once were and they may never be the same again but the one thing that will never change are our memories as long as we try our best to hold on to them and remember them..it is true..there are people and things I'm starting to forget but even though I'm forgetting those things I still try to hold them close to my heart because as long as you hold them close to your heart you'll never truly forget them"

Status
Not open for further replies.