• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil Connors

Phil was thankful for his remaining bullets that he had enough to do that. He heard what Zoe said and turned to the elevator. He doubted whatever coming down was friendly.

He looked over at Klein and tossed the remaining bullets he had been hoarding his way. " For the gun," he told him.

Phil kept an eye on both the monsters and the elevator. If something was coming towards him, he would shoot it.

@Atomyk @Josh M @ShiroKiyoshi @Leon Moretti @Crow @Kaykay @Glostechk @The Batter @Verite @Krieg @Otto

Phil Connors

Phil was thankful for his remaining bullets that he had enough to do that. He heard what Zoe said and turned to the elevator. He doubted whatever coming down was friendly.

He looked over at Klein and tossed the remaining bullets he had been hoarding his way. " For the gun," he told him.

Phil kept an eye on both the monsters and the elevator. If something was coming towards him, he would shoot it.

@Atomyk @Josh M @ShiroKiyoshi @Leon Moretti @Crow @Kaykay @Glostechk @The Batter @Verite @Krieg @Otto
Klein caught the pellets and after a moment loaded them in the shotgun. He then cocked the gun and held it ready to shoot. "I honestly hate this weapon, but I admit it's effective." He said to Phil almost as a gesture of thanks. "So, seems like you all choose to fight once again. This'll be fun." Klein said as he squatted a few times "getting loose" for the incoming monster. "Think it's big bad?" He asked Phil as he stared up to see what it was that was coming down.

@Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter@Barn

The elevator hit the bottom and the sliding door opened slowly to reveal two more of the creatures lurking inside. Once the door opened in full, the group could see that these ones were larger and bulkier than the previous incarnations.

3HL6mb1.jpg

"Now we're really heatin' up!" Lucas yelled excitedly.

"Don't think trying to cut the head off these ones is going to be as effective!" Teddy cautioned.

@Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Barn

Phil Connors

Phil saw the big bad and knew that bullets weren't going to help him. Lucas had said things were really heating up. Really heating up. Lucas liked giving them clues and riddles that were solveable. A little help here and there to keep his game fun. Phil turned to the Batter and Six. " I think these new friends might need some fire in them," he said, hoping that the Batter understood what he meant to use the flamethrower and the extra fuel. He kept his distance from them, ready to shot a bullet if they got too close though. Hmmm... he loaded a magnum bullet and shot it at their head, not knowing what was different about that one.

@Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @Atomyk @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Barn

fSP4ofR.jpg

Toffee would have soon pulled out one of the pistols he obtained at the beginning of this fight, but instead of firing at the zombies, he aimed it at Takeshi and...

BANG!

Assuming that the bullet had connected, Takashi would soon collapse to the ground with a single hole made by a single bullet. Toffee then looked down at the body in complete silence before pocketing the gun once again.

@Atomyk @Minerva @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Jeremi @afterlife​

The elevator hit the bottom and the sliding door opened slowly to reveal two more of the creatures lurking inside. Once the door opened in full, the group could see that these ones were larger and bulkier than the previous incarnations.

3HL6mb1.jpg

"Now we're really heatin' up!" Lucas yelled excitedly.

"Don't think trying to cut the head off these ones is going to be as effective!" Teddy cautioned.

@Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Barn
Klein open fired on one of the big dudes using two rounds on each leg, thus emptying his gun and hopefully injuring the leg. However, after seeing the regenerative properties of the others he had hoped to keep the momentum going to prevent that and immediately followed up his shots with a run into a slide. As he slides across the floor he spun, attempting to swipe one leg while staying on the side farthest from the second monster. He hoped that its weight and instability would be enough to topple the damaged monster over, thus snapping its other damaged leg. For a lug like this, he wasn't too worried what he could do in a downed state. Klein then hopped back, throwing the shotgun as a counter attack to whatever the second one might do, such as grab him.

Regrouped with the others, Klein flicks his blade down to get whatever muck there was off of it. He then turned to one of the other capable fighters among the group and shouted. "Someone go low while I go high? We should get both those heavy bastards on their asses!"

@Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter@Barn

kiri003.png

"Everyone, get back!" Kyoko exclaimed, as the fearsome monsters appeared before them all eventually. Certainly, they had to be more dangerous than the horde from before, and Kyoko didn't want to find out the full extent of their capabilities, so she aimed her machine gun toward them, holding her breath in order to adjust her aim, before firing at them, hopefully getting their heads!

@Atomyk @ShiroKiyoshi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @Otto @The Batter

"Is now really the time for this?!" Zoe called down to Nono.

When Shen cut through the creature, it recoiled and hopped away. It was split in half from its head to its abdomen, but not fully. It's two halves tried to reconnect and grow back as more of the creatures approached.

Another was hit by Kyoko's attack, writhing as her shots hit around its head and neck. She wasn't the most precise shot, however, so the creature was only kept at bay as opposed to being killed. Leon's and Phil's shots then sent it sprawling on its back, where it slowly drained of life. Head shots or not, enough damage to the creatures would certainly kill them.

"Rules? Well, missy, these boys fight dirty! But you can keep it clean, right? It's how you deal with hardships that make you the person you are!"

"He's just talking nonsense," Teddy grunted, swinging his shovel to make one of the creatures back off.

The creature Shen had cut in half was then impaled by Beatrice, the two halves having formed enough to both be stabbed at once.

One creature screeched as it made a leap for Phil.

9yRbcvr.png

Unfortunately, some of the undead creatures had broken through the group's line. Billy held one off with a crowbar he had picked up, but another went straight for Lola. It grabbed the little girl and bit deeply into her neck. Billy gasped at the sight. "Illusions... Illusions are made real in the dark place," he whispered.

Sigma followed after Josephine and Mason. He still had no idea what was going on, but freaking out about it wasn't going to keep him alive at the moment. He put a hand on Josephine's shoulder and said, "Hold on, let's see what they're up to."

Takashi seemed to visibly calm himself when Saeko came to him. "She's with the others," he said, taking more precise shots now at the heads of the undead. "A couple of blocks away holed up in a building we secured. I... didn't expect this horde!"

@Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife
fSP4ofR.jpg

Toffee would have soon pulled out one of the pistols he obtained at the beginning of this fight, but instead of firing at the zombies, he aimed it at Takeshi and...

BANG!

Assuming that the bullet had connected, Takashi would soon collapse to the ground with a single hole made by a single bullet. Toffee then looked down at the body in complete silence before pocketing the gun once again.

She had been about to kiss him. Seal it to break it. Then, the shot rang out, and Takashi had been hit.

Even if it was an illusion, it was still Takashi. Her Takashi. She watched him get shot. It hurt her. It hurt her inside.

She drew a small knife, and put it to her throat. "T-Takashi..." She said. You all had a chance to stop her from doing this.

@Atomyk @Minerva @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Jeremi @afterlife

Beatrice held back for a moment, not wanting to get caught up in the bullets fired by the others. If they were all focusing on the same two creatures, the ones who went melee such as herself would only be standing in the line of fire. Instead, she used her time to circle around and attempt to take the creatures' backs once the gunfire was done, slashing her sword across one of the creature's back to test how difficult it was to get through.

@Josh M @Atomyk @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter

Phil's shot caused one of the fat creatures' head to snap back, but otherwise, it was not slowed like the others had been. Klein's target did not falter either, for his attacks on their legs did not seem to cut through their thick molded skin. His planned counter-attack was enough to sway it from grabbing him, at least. Beatrice's slice cut through the top layer, but something just underneath the surface seemed too hard to cut through by normal means. Even the top layer seemed to regenerate quickly.

One creature stopped and held its head back, gurgling as something rumbled inside its belly. It let loose a stream of hot liquid that hit Zoe's cage, though she was able to retreat to the back of it to avoid the attack.

"Hey, shithead!" Bullet yelled, trying to get the creature's attention. "Over here!"

She got its attention, judging by the fact that it then aimed the vomit at Bullet instead. The other one did the same, releasing hot liquid in the general group's direction.

Takashi was splayed out on the ground, dead from a bullet to the head. Everyone believed him to just be an illusion, but even so, he looked rather real and tangible in death.

His death didn't cause the illusion to end if it even was an illusion at all. If anything, the number of infected seemed to increase, converging on the group from all sides. Billy lost sight of the mysterious woman in the crowd, forced to retreat closer to his allies.

"Damn it!" Sigma pushed past Josephine and Mason to grab hold of Saeko's arm. He looked beyond her, seeing the horde approaching. "Don't do this!" he told her. "Not now, when there's still a chance!"

@Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife

Last edited:
As the group started on their way, Bullet fell in beside Klein. "Still feeling like shit," she muttered.

The group, at this point, were on high alert for traps. Lucas had a series of wire traps set to explode if anyone tripped them, but it seemed uninspired compared to everything else he had presented before. They passed by them easily, eventually reaching their destination, which turned out to be the inside of a large barn.

Most of the inside of the barn had been torn out at some point, leaving a large open area of hay and manure. What appeared to be an elevator was off to the left of the barn, closed off for now. Up above were strobe lights set across the walls, bathing the barn in a bright light. They illuminated the strange sight of a cage that was suspended from the ceiling. Inside was a girl, who crawled to the edge of the cage and looked down at the group.

"Zoe!" Bullet cried, waving up at her.

Zoe had hate in her eyes. "Lucas, that son of a bitch--"

Deafening music began to play throughout the barn.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the baaaarrrn fiiiigggghhhht! Remember to keep it clean, fellas-- we have rules!"

"Is that a fucking joke?" Bullet exclaimed, looking around.

"My sister's lookin' like a mighty good snack, don't you think? A couple friends think so, and they're comin' onnnn doooowwwwn!"

Creatures that looked similar to the ones from before crawled down the side of the barn on all-fours, converging on the group.

Takashi backed away from Saeko, unsure if he liked the look on her face. "Saeko, who are these people? You can't possibly trust them more than me! Saeko!"

The infected weren't relenting, even as Takashi became increasingly upset. He wildly aimed his rifle at Saeko and the others. "I came all this way to find you!"

@Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife
"I will." Amir replied, determined. Noticing a bow and arrows in the pile, she quickly geard up.

She knew she couldn't use too many, but seeing how the numbers wouldn't let up, then she'd let the other's fight for now, helping from a distance if she was needed. Noticing Saeko run off she followed, areow notched yet she made no move to use it yet.

"We've helped Saeko this far, she's jad no choice but to trust us, and we've had to trust her." she replied. Looking to Saeko, she gave a look that hopefully conveyed the question she wanted to ask...

What is your plan and what should I do to help?

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife
Seeing Ruby spare ammunition, Mason himself put away his pistol and picked up a sword from the weapons pile. In a similar fashion, he attempted to run, gun, and cleave through zombies, though at a much slower rate than Ruby, whose speed was increased through her Semblance.

"How the hell..." Mason began as sliced a head off a zombie.

"...are you using aura, Ruby? I can't..." Suddenly, Mason was caught off guard by a zombie to his right. He sliced at it, but his sword got stuck in the monster's neck. He put his foot to the monster's chest and kicked as hard as he could to release the sword before going for a much cleaner stab.

"I can't get my aura to work at all. Not that it's very effective without my necklace, but still, using aura to make free bullets would be nice."

It was then that Mason noticed Saeko running off with Takashi. Mason made a quick decision and followed her, as fast as he could run. He wasn't even sure if Ruby had heard him from a distance, but he ran past her in his effort to follow Saeko. As he ran by, he said, "I'm going after Saeko. Come with if you want." After his comment, he ran full sprint towards Saeko, slashing at any zombies that got too close.

@York @Minerva

"They're another group of survivors I found." Saeko said. "Where's Shizuka? We need to get out of here." Saeko calmly said as she stepped closer to Takashi. She looked to the others to remain calm. She had a plan.
Mason slowed his sprint as he saw Saeko's confident look. Still, he asked, "Need any help with finding Shizuka?"
@Minerva
Seeing Mason move ahead, Josephine followed, stepping on a fallen dead's head, slightly causing her to stumble as she made it to him.

"Perhaps this isn't the right time wander off. Unlike Ruby and Honda, it seems like none of group with abilities can use them. Shall we rejoin the group?"

"Is now really the time for this?!" Zoe called down to Nono.

When Shen cut through the creature, it recoiled and hopped away. It was split in half from its head to its abdomen, but not fully. It's two halves tried to reconnect and grow back as more of the creatures approached.

Another was hit by Kyoko's attack, writhing as her shots hit around its head and neck. She wasn't the most precise shot, however, so the creature was only kept at bay as opposed to being killed. Leon's and Phil's shots then sent it sprawling on its back, where it slowly drained of life. Head shots or not, enough damage to the creatures would certainly kill them.

"Rules? Well, missy, these boys fight dirty! But you can keep it clean, right? It's how you deal with hardships that make you the person you are!"

"He's just talking nonsense," Teddy grunted, swinging his shovel to make one of the creatures back off.

The creature Shen had cut in half was then impaled by Beatrice, the two halves having formed enough to both be stabbed at once.

One creature screeched as it made a leap for Phil.

9yRbcvr.png

Unfortunately, some of the undead creatures had broken through the group's line. Billy held one off with a crowbar he had picked up, but another went straight for Lola. It grabbed the little girl and bit deeply into her neck. Billy gasped at the sight. "Illusions... Illusions are made real in the dark place," he whispered.

Sigma followed after Josephine and Mason. He still had no idea what was going on, but freaking out about it wasn't going to keep him alive at the moment. He put a hand on Josephine's shoulder and said, "Hold on, let's see what they're up to."

Takashi seemed to visibly calm himself when Saeko came to him. "She's with the others," he said, taking more precise shots now at the heads of the undead. "A couple of blocks away holed up in a building we secured. I... didn't expect this horde!"

The joy of the reunion was gone as one of the zombies grabbed Lola. "No!" Noembelu watched in horror as Lola was killed. She was just a little girl...she deserved to make it out of here alive, damn it! The same rage that filled her when Phil tried to pin blame on Lola came back tenfold. She ran to the zombie that killed Lola and landed her hatchet into its head, but didn't stop there. Raising the hatchet she brought it down again, and again, and again, until there was a disgusting pulp where a head had once been.

Honda walked over to her, putting a hand on her shoulder. "I'm glad to see you showing some emotion," he said. "But don't get too distracted-these guys can sneak up on you!" He whacked one that got a bit too close with his pipe. "Like that!"

Noembelu's anger left her, as she looked at Lola's body. "She'll turn into one too, right?"

Honda paused, growing solemn. "We better take care of that." He readied the pipe in his hand, but Noembelu stopped him.

"I'll do it." No, she hadn't been very close to Lola at all. In fact, she could hardly remember exchanging any words with her. Even so...she deserved better than this. She deserved a happy childhood, free from death and terror. And she didn't get it.

Noembelu shut her eyes, feeling her hatchet in her hand, hesitating just a moment. "I'm sorry," she whispered to the little girl. Then she brought the hatchet down on Lola's head.

Honda kept zombies at bay as she did this, and after a few moments Noembelu got back up again. He looked over his shoulder, concerned. "Noey...?"

She looked to him, a serious poker face back on her features. She had become Noembelu again. "Let's end this. Once and for all."

After a moment of hesitation, Honda nodded, and the two went right back to their thankless task.​
T'Challa as well had been too slow to react as Lola had been killed y the what he could only assume was the living dead. The child deserved better. He stepped in however as they swarmed closer. His main weapons might have been gone, but his knowledge in martial arts and the sharp claws still on his suit helped him keep the attackers at bay.

"We must not falter," He encouraged the duo. "The only thing we can do is endure until Saeko escapes this illusion."​

Leon successfully cut the head off the creature, killing it, while The Batter's attack did as theorized and stopped the creature he attacked from regenerating.

Phil's shots burst the head of another, but no vision came quite yet.

From the cage above, Zoe pointed to the elevator within the barn. "Watch out! There's somethin' comin' down!"

From the crowd of infected, one woman looked different than the rest. She stood, staring and unmoving. It was hard to see her face.

"What's up with her?!" Billy cried. "Is that..."

fSP4ofR.jpg

BANG!

She had been about to kiss him. Seal it to break it. Then, the shot rang out, and Takashi had been hit.

Even if it was an illusion, it was still Takashi. Her Takashi. She watched him get shot. It hurt her. It hurt her inside.

She drew a small knife, and put it to her throat. "T-Takashi..." She said. You all had a chance to stop her from doing this.

Phil's shot caused one of the fat creatures' head to snap back, but otherwise, it was not slowed like the others had been. Klein's target did not falter either, for his attacks on their legs did not seem to cut through their thick molded skin. His planned counter-attack was enough to sway it from grabbing him, at least. Beatrice's slice cut through the top layer, but something just underneath the surface seemed too hard to cut through by normal means. Even the top layer seemed to regenerate quickly.

One creature stopped and held its head back, gurgling as something rumbled inside its belly. It let loose a stream of hot liquid that hit Zoe's cage, though she was able to retreat to the back of it to avoid the attack.

"Hey, shithead!" Bullet yelled, trying to get the creature's attention. "Over here!"

She got its attention, judging by the fact that it then aimed the vomit at Bullet instead. The other one did the same, releasing hot liquid in the general group's direction.

Takashi was splayed out on the ground, dead from a bullet to the head. Everyone believed him to just be an illusion, but even so, he looked rather real and tangible in death.

His death didn't cause the illusion to end if it even was an illusion at all. If anything, the number of infected seemed to increase, converging on the group from all sides. Billy lost sight of the mysterious woman in the crowd, forced to retreat closer to his allies.

"Damn it!" Sigma pushed past Josephine and Mason to grab hold of Saeko's arm. He looked beyond her, seeing the horde approaching. "Don't do this!" he told her. "Not now, when there's still a chance!"

Ruby Rose

Ruby looked confused when Mason mentioned not being able to use his aura.

"Huh? But I-..." She was cut off again as she through a few more approaching zomibes.

"I thought everyone kept their powers here!-" Another pause to slice up another approaching zombie "What happened?!"

Regardless of what answer she received, it was only a matter of time before one of them died; a young looking girl no less, who was snatched up by the zombies despite her best efforts to defend the group.

"No!" She shouted in vain.

Though in the end, it appeared to have been too late for any of them to help the one that was killed... And... She didn't even have time to mourn for their loss, as the zombies just seemed to keep coming.

Though, there was a brief pause, as Ruby seemed to notice someone amongst the horde; a mysterious woman that appeared to stand perfectly still amongst them... But she was quickly distracted by a distinct, loud "bang", and lost track of the woman, turning towards the noise as she fended off zombies left and right...

It was then that she noticed the body of another one of their group members; a man... Who didn't look much older than the woman near him, and a strange Lizard creature holding a gon that had been aimed in the now dead man's direction. Really, even Ruby could put two and two together in an instant, and looked quite shocked to say the least.

MghcHCM.gif

There was a good moment where she was at a loss for words, before she uttered two, measly words....

"But... ... Why...?" She asked quietly.

It wasn't until Saeko put a knife to her own throat, her intentions quite clear... That Ruby suddenly jumped into action once more, rushing towards Saeko in a flurry of red petals in an effort to knock the knife away before she could harm herself.

Reiner Braun

Reiner was caught up in the moment, slicing and dicing through countless creatures, as he tried to carve his way through the masses. Unlike Ruby, who was moving too fast to properly hear what Takashi told Saeko, he heard him clearly; their goal was a nearby warehouse.

As he cleaves his way through the zombies, he turned towards the group, about to announce this to anyone else who hadn't heard, he saw Lola grabbed by a few of the zombies, and though he tried his best to get through the hordes towards her... It was too late; they bit into her neck, killing her.

Noembelu dealt Lola's body a few more lethal blows before he wrenched his gaze away, though Reiner wasn't quite sure why she was treating her like she was still alive... But alas, he had to focus more on clearing a path through the zombie hordes.

rZYVaUn.png

"We... We won't lose another-" But before he could even finish his sentence, he could hear a distinct "bang" as someone fired a weapon.

It sounded like a musket, only smaller... And a bit quieter, and when he turned to see the source of the sound, he noticed Toffee holding a weapon, like the one he had seen in the Basement he had been to a good while back... Standing over the dead body of Takashi, who had a clear, circular wound in his body.

There was a brief moment, as he stood there in shock. Even if Takashi was some sort of illusion, it was real enough to really get to Reiner, especially since it did nothing to break them free, nothing at all. In fact, the number of the creatures approaching only seemed to increase, but Reiner didn't care about that anymore.

What Toffee did must have been the last straw for his already somewhat troubled mind, which was only further muddled by andrenaline. As much as he had tried to keep a clear head, there was only so much he could take, before he finally snapped.

5kRLjvk.png

"YOU!!!" He roared, almost like a battle cry.

Then... Seeming to not regard the undead around him for the moment, he suddenly leaned in a little with his shoulder, before he charged in Toffee's direction, intending to ram him, and as a result... Force him to drop his weapon.

As angry as he was, it looks like he had retained enough reason in his mind to not do anything rash. Instead, he aimed to disarm Toffee before any more team killing might ensue.

@Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Atomyk @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore
@Afterlife

Last edited:
Seeing Mason move ahead, Josephine followed, stepping on a fallen dead's head, slightly causing her to stumble as she made it to him.

"Perhaps this isn't the right time wander off. Unlike Ruby and Honda, it seems like none of group with abilities can use them. Shall we rejoin the group?"

The joy of the reunion was gone as one of the zombies grabbed Lola. "No!" Noembelu watched in horror as Lola was killed. She was just a little girl...she deserved to make it out of here alive, damn it! The same rage that filled her when Phil tried to pin blame on Lola came back tenfold. She ran to the zombie that killed Lola and landed her hatchet into its head, but didn't stop there. Raising the hatchet she brought it down again, and again, and again, until there was a disgusting pulp where a head had once been.

Honda walked over to her, putting a hand on her shoulder. "I'm glad to see you showing some emotion," he said. "But don't get too distracted-these guys can sneak up on you!" He whacked one that got a bit too close with his pipe. "Like that!"

Noembelu's anger left her, as she looked at Lola's body. "She'll turn into one too, right?"

Honda paused, growing solemn. "We better take care of that." He readied the pipe in his hand, but Noembelu stopped him.

"I'll do it." No, she hadn't been very close to Lola at all. In fact, she could hardly remember exchanging any words with her. Even so...she deserved better than this. She deserved a happy childhood, free from death and terror. And she didn't get it.

Noembelu shut her eyes, feeling her hatchet in her hand, hesitating just a moment. "I'm sorry," she whispered to the little girl. Then she brought the hatchet down on Lola's head.

Honda kept zombies at bay as she did this, and after a few moments Noembelu got back up again. He looked over his shoulder, concerned. "Noey...?"

She looked to him, a serious poker face back on her features. She had become Noembelu again. "Let's end this. Once and for all."

After a moment of hesitation, Honda nodded, and the two went right back to their thankless task.​

T'Challa as well had been too slow to react as Lola had been killed y the what he could only assume was the living dead. The child deserved better. He stepped in however as they swarmed closer. His main weapons might have been gone, but his knowledge in martial arts and the sharp claws still on his suit helped him keep the attackers at bay.

"We must not falter," He encouraged the duo. "The only thing we can do is endure until Saeko escapes this illusion."​

From the crowd of infected, one woman looked different than the rest. She stood, staring and unmoving. It was hard to see her face.

"What's up with her?!" Billy cried. "Is that..."

fSP4ofR.jpg

BANG!

Ruby Rose

"Huh? But I-..." She was cut off again as she through a few more approaching zomibes.

"I thought everyone kept their powers here!-" Another pause to slice up another approaching zombie "What happened?!"

Regardless of what answer she received, it was only a matter of time before one of them died; a young looking girl no less, who was snatched up by the zombies despite her best efforts to defend the group.

Though in the end, it appeared to have been too late for any of them to help the one that was killed... And... She didn't even have time to mourn for their loss, as the zombies just seemed to keep coming.

BcpQP4R.gif

Though, there was a brief pause, as Ruby seemed to notice someone amongst the horde; a mysterious woman that appeared to stand perfectly still amongst them... But she was quickly distracted by a distinct, loud "bang", and lost track of the woman, turning towards the noise as she fended off zombies left and right...

It was then that she noticed the body of another one of their group members; a man... Who didn't look much older than the woman near him, and a strange Lizard creature holding a gon that had been aimed in the now dead man's direction. Really, even Ruby could put two and two together in an instant, and looked quite shocked to say the least.

MghcHCM.gif

There was a good moment where she was at a loss for words, before she uttered two, measly words....

It wasn't until Saeko put a knife to her own throat, her intentions quite clear... That Ruby suddenly jumped into action once more, rushing towards Saeko in a flurry of red petals in an effort to knock the knife away before she could harm herself.

Reiner Braun

Reiner was caught up in the moment, slicing and dicing through countless creatures, as he tried to carve his way through the masses. Unlike Ruby, who was moving too fast to properly hear what Takashi told Saeko, he heard him clearly; their goal was a nearby warehouse.

As he cleaves his way through the zombies, he turned towards the group, about to announce this to anyone else who hadn't heard, he saw Lola grabbed by a few of the zombies, and though he tried his best to get through the hordes towards her... It was too late; they bit into her neck, killing her.

Noembelu dealt Lola's body a few more lethal blows before he wrenched his gaze away, though Reiner wasn't quite sure why she was treating her like she was still alive... But alas, he had to focus more on clearing a path through the zombie hordes.

rZYVaUn.png

"We... We won't lose another-" But before he could even finish his sentence, he could hear a distinct "bang" as someone fired a weapon.

It sounded like a musket, only smaller... And a bit quieter, and when he turned to see the source of the sound, he noticed Toffee holding a weapon, like the one he had seen in the Basement he had been to a good while back... Standing over the dead body of Takashi, who had a clear, circular wound in his body.

There was a brief moment, as he stood there in shock. Even if Takashi was some sort of illusion, it was real enough to really get to Reiner, especially since it did nothing to break them free, nothing at all. In fact, the number of the creatures approaching only seemed to increase, but Reiner didn't care about that anymore.

What Toffee did must have been the last straw for his already somewhat troubled mind, which was only further muddled by andrenaline. As much as he had tried to keep a clear head, there was only so much he could take, before he finally snapped.

5kRLjvk.png

Then... Seeming to not regard the undead around him for the moment, he suddenly leaned in a little with his shoulder, before he charged in Toffee's direction, intending to ram him, and as a result... Force him to drop his weapon.

As angry as he was, it looks like he had retained enough reason in his mind to not do anything rash. Instead, he aimed to disarm Toffee before any more team killing might ensue.

@Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Atomyk @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore
@Afterlife

Mason was shoved aside by the two people focusing on keeping Saeko alive. As much as he wanted to help, a third person couldn't do much. However, Reiner could certainly use help in taking down the giant lizard man.

With Reiner's help in disarming him, Mason attempted to push Toffee to the ground and pin him down, so that he couldn't cause any more trouble.

"Toffee, what the fucking hell?" Mason asked furiously.

"Illusion or not, you can't go shooting people! Saeko had a plan. And you just destroyed everything! We're in the middle of a damn apocalypse, and we probably don't get a third chance at life here. Lola sure isn't. We can't afford to lose allies!"

However, despite his tirade, Mason was aware of the zombie horde closing in.

"Reiner, can you keep Toffee pinned down? Somebody needs to keep fighting these monsters around us."

@York
@Afterlife

Ruby Rose

BcpQP4R.gif

MghcHCM.gif

Reiner Braun

rZYVaUn.png

5kRLjvk.png

@Afterlife
Toffee would first turn to Ruby and roll his eyes. She reminded him of the current princess of Mewni, Star. Just as naive, and just as dumb.

"I did what was necessary. Now, perhaps we should focus on the current horde of zombies attacking us. There's no use in crying over spilt blood, after all." Toffee said curtly before watching Ruby run over to Saeko in an attempt to stop her from taking her own life. Toffee didn't care either way. He did what he felt was needed to be done, and if Saeko wanted to act a fool and kill herself because of it? Then she could go right on ahead.

Before Toffee could focus on the task at hand, however, he would hear Reiner scream and attempt to attack him from behind. Though, before Reiner even had a chance to collide with Toffee, he would feel the lizard's tail slap him away with enough force to knock him back a few feet if he didn't move out of the way in time.

With Reiner hopefully incipacitated, Toffee simply walked in the other direction and nonchalantly brushed his suit off without saying another word. That is, until he was caught off guard by Mason, who managed to tackle him, but not entirely pin him down, as he still had a free hand.

Deciding to use this hand to his advantage, Toffee attempted to deliver a swift yet hard punch to Mason's lower jaw. If the hit connected, it would have been enough force to knock Mason off of Toffee.

@York @Mason Moretti @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Josh M @afterlife

Last edited:
Toffee would first turn to Ruby and roll his eyes. She reminded him of the current princess of Mewni, Star. Just as naive, and just as dumb.

"I did what was necessary. Now, perhaps we should focus on the current horde of zombies attacking us. There's no use in crying over spilt blood, after all." Toffee said curtly before watching Ruby run over to Saeko in an attempt to stop her from taking her own life. Toffee didn't care either way. He did what he felt was needed to be done, and if Saeko wanted to act a fool and kill herself because of it? Then she could go right on ahead.

Before Toffee could focus on the task at hand, however, he would hear Reiner scream and attempt to attack him from behind.

tumblr_inline_ot8j47sidk1rxk80h_540.gif

Toffee simply moved out of the way to avoid the angry man's attack. But instead of walking off like he usually would, Toffee had to do something different. He knew that Reiner wouldn't give up, so he had to somehow get him out of the way first. Which is exactly what Toffee would do.

tumblr_inline_ot8k2sSsDu1rxk80h_540.gif

Toffee simply attempted to take hold of Reiner's shoulders and push him back. If successful, Reiner would feel himself descending and would eventually find that he was unable to move his legs at all. If Reiner were to look down, he would find that his entire lower half was buried in the ground.

tumblr_inline_ot8k6wNsRk1rxk80h_540.gif

With Reiner successfully incipacitated, Toffee simply walked in the other direction and nonchalantly brushed his suit off without saying another word. That is, until he was caught off guard by Mason, who managed to tackle him, but not entirely pin him down, as he still had a free hand. Deciding to use this hand to his advantage, Toffee attempted to deliver a swift yet hard punch to Mason's lower jaw. If the hit connected, it would have been enough force to knock Mason off of Toffee.

@York @Mason Moretti @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Josh M @afterlife

The punch connected, knocking Mason off Toffee and onto the ground. As he hit the ground, a metallic taste filled his mouth. He turned to his side and spat out a bit of fresh blood as his tongue moused over the cut on the inside of his cheek. Toffee's punch had managed to cause Mason to bite into his cheek. His mouth made the motions of a silent swear as he pulled himself back to his feet.

"Toffee, I wanted to trust you. Maybe give you a chance."

Once standing solid again, Mason drew the pistol he had picked up from Ruby's supply. He had lost the sword from earlier, but still had knives in the pockets of his jacket. Lucky none of them stabbed him on the way down. Mason aimed the gun at Toffee, towards his abdomen, and pulled the trigger.

"An optimistic hero would give the scary lizard man a chance. Maybe he's misunderstood! He could be a nice and clever guy!"

Mason pulled the trigger again.

"But it turns out that I was wrong! You killed a man for no reason! For all I know, you'd kill the rest of us if you thought it would benefit you! You know what? That scares me! Saeko is trying to kill herself because of you! Why should you still live?"

Mason pulled the trigger a third time. This one wasn't aimed at Toffee, however. The bullet instead wasn't through a zombie's head, rather than Toffee's.

"Wasting ammo on you, Toffee..."

@thatguyinthestore @York @Mason Moretti @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Josh M @afterlife​

Honda could only watch Mason, Reiner, and Toffee in disbelief. "It's Rant and Genji all over again!"

"The lizard fought Rant too."

"Of course he did..." Honda put his hand to his mouth to holler at them. "HEY YOU CHUCKLEHEADS!! HOW ABOUT BEFORE WE TRY TO KILL EACH OTHER, WE DEAL WITH THESE ZOMBIES FIRST?!?!" Sheesh! No wonder so many people were dead! No cooperation whatsoever!​

The punch connected, knocking Mason off Toffee and onto the ground. As he hit the ground, a metallic taste filled his mouth. He turned to his side and spat out a bit of fresh blood as his tongue moused over the cut on the inside of his cheek. Toffee's punch had managed to cause Mason to bite into his cheek. His mouth made the motions of a silent swear as he pulled himself back to his feet.

Once standing solid again, Mason drew the pistol he had picked up from Ruby's supply. He had lost the sword from earlier, but still had knives in the pockets of his jacket. Lucky none of them stabbed him on the way down. Mason aimed the gun at Toffee, towards his abdomen, and pulled the trigger.

"An optimistic hero would give the scary lizard man a chance. Maybe he's misunderstood! He could be a nice and clever guy!"

"But it turns out that I was wrong! You killed a man for no reason! For all I know, you'd kill the rest of us if you thought it would benefit you! You know what? That scares me! Saeko is trying to kill herself because of you! Why should you still live?"

Mason pulled the trigger a third time. This one wasn't aimed at Toffee, however. The bullet instead wasn't through a zombie's head, rather than Toffee's.

@thatguyinthestore @York @Mason Moretti @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Josh M @afterlife​
Luckily, the bullets narrowly missed Toffee, allowing him to pull out his own gun and take aim at Mason for defense purposes.

"Perhaps you seem to forget that Takashi was most likely an illusion conjured up by the entity which trapped us here. We died and knew Wanda in our past lives. He didn't, as far as I can tell. This Dark Place is trying to manipulate all of us, as that could very well have been Saeko's manipulation." It was then that the lizard heard Honda yell over to them. "So... would you like to continue this petty little argument of yours, or perhaps focus on taking out these zombies?"

@Mason Moretti @York @Atomyk @Yun Lee

Mason was shoved aside by the two people focusing on keeping Saeko alive. As much as he wanted to help, a third person couldn't do much. However, Reiner could certainly use help in taking down the giant lizard man.

With Reiner's help in disarming him, Mason attempted to push Toffee to the ground and pin him down, so that he couldn't cause any more trouble.

"Toffee, what the fucking hell?" Mason asked furiously.

"Illusion or not, you can't go shooting people! Saeko had a plan. And you just destroyed everything! We're in the middle of a damn apocalypse, and we probably don't get a third chance at life here. Lola sure isn't. We can't afford to lose allies!"

However, despite his tirade, Mason was aware of the zombie horde closing in.

"Reiner, can you keep Toffee pinned down? Somebody needs to keep fighting these monsters around us."

@York
@Afterlife

Before Toffee could focus on the task at hand, however, he would hear Reiner scream and attempt to attack him from behind. Though, before Reiner even had a chance to collide with Toffee, he would feel the lizard's tail slap him away with enough force to knock him back a few feet if he didn't move out of the way in time.

With Reiner hopefully incipacitated, Toffee simply walked in the other direction and nonchalantly brushed his suit off without saying another word. That is, until he was caught off guard by Mason, who managed to tackle him, but not entirely pin him down, as he still had a free hand.

Deciding to use this hand to his advantage, Toffee attempted to deliver a swift yet hard punch to Mason's lower jaw. If the hit connected, it would have been enough force to knock Mason off of Toffee.

Honda could only watch Mason, Reiner, and Toffee in disbelief. "It's Rant and Genji all over again!"

"Of course he did..." Honda put his hand to his mouth to holler at them. "HEY YOU CHUCKLEHEADS!! HOW ABOUT BEFORE WE TRY TO KILL EACH OTHER, WE DEAL WITH THESE ZOMBIES FIRST?!?!" Sheesh! No wonder so many people were dead! No cooperation whatsoever!​
Luckily, the bullets narrowly missed Toffee, allowing him to pull out his own gun and take aim at Mason for defense purposes.

"Perhaps you seem to forget that Takashi was most likely an illusion conjured up by the entity which trapped us here. We died and knew Wanda in our past lives. He didn't, as far as I can tell. This Dark Place is trying to manipulate all of us, as that could very well have been Saeko's manipulation." It was then that the lizard heard Honda yell over to them. "So... would you like to continue this petty little argument of yours, or perhaps focus on taking out these zombies?"

Reiner Braun
@Afterlife

Reiner was ruthless... Careless almost as he charged towards Toffee, and in general, alot different than his usual, collected self. Though it was only when a tail smacked him clean across the face that he quickly snapped out of the state he was in. The tail hadn't exactly moved him back or anything, but he stopped his advance nonetheless, though it had been with the intention to disarm Toffee.

Hearing Honda's words, he quickly remembered their situation with the undead.

aFJvp4c.png

"What the hell was I thinking..." He muttered to himself.

Taking a few moments to regain his composure, he gripped the swords he held in his hands once more, preparing to join the battle once more... Though before he did, he figured he would remind the others of what their current goal was, at least as far as he knew.

TW595Wo.png

"We just have to make it to the warehouse. That's where someone else dear to Saeko resides." He said.

Then, he turned his gaze on Toffee one more time, most traces of aggression gone, as if it had never occurred in the first place. It looks like there had been a brief moment, where something in his mind had slipped... Possibly from the andrenaline that had been coursing through him in the heat of battle... Or something else entirely...

5FldN3q.png

"And this time. Let's keep them alive." He added, quite firmly in fact.

After all, though this was probably yet another illusion, this place... As they have been told, tends to make them a reality to a degree. What's more was that in the case that this wasn't an illusion, the death of someone like Takashi certainly would have some bad repercussions.

With that in mind though, Reiner would resume fighting the zombies... But this time, it was evident that he was keeping a clear head as he did so. However, it was noted that even thinking clearly, he was frighteningly efficient with his work, severing the heads of as many undead as he could manage as soon as he got in range. Though, one had to wonder how long he could keep this up for, as he attempted to help clear a path towards the warehouse Takashi had pointed out, in hopes that they'd find refuge there.​

Phil Connors

If Phil Connors regretted anything, it was not taking those seven syringes that paralyzed people. Not that they would helped here. He backed away, hoping to duck away from the hot liquid. There had to be a way for them to die. Everything had a weakness. Everything. His was his anxiety and rash decisions.

Come On Phil, wake up, get it together.

Phil ran through his head what they had. Judging from the fact that was molten liquid, he doubted Owen's ice pick would help. The Garden Shears seemed useless. Would the flamethrower help or hurt these guys? He couldn't tell. He paused, looking over at the magnum bullet doing little. That wouldn't help. The sword wouldn't help here as it would seem. He needed a plan, a plan which he didn't have. He watched to see what happened after they spit the liquid. If there was a change to them or something noteable, that he could use as a weakness he would use it to shot. If not, he would continue to move away from the liquid, also grabbing Six and dragging her back for safety too if he could.

@Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @Atomyk @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @@Barn

Reiner Braun
@Afterlife

Reiner was ruthless... Careless almost as he charged towards Toffee, and in general, alot different than his usual, collected self. Though it was only when a tail smacked him clean across the face that he quickly snapped out of the state he was in. The tail hadn't exactly moved him back or anything, but he stopped his advance nonetheless, though it had been with the intention to disarm Toffee.

Hearing Honda's words, he quickly remembered their situation with the undead.

aFJvp4c.png

"What the hell was I thinking..." He muttered to himself.

Taking a few moments to regain his composure, he gripped the swords he held in his hands once more, preparing to join the battle once more... Though before he did, he figured he would remind the others of what their current goal was, at least as far as he knew.

TW595Wo.png

"We just have to make it to the warehouse. That's where someone else dear to Saeko resides." He said.

Then, he turned his gaze on Toffee one more time, most traces of aggression gone, as if it had never occurred in the first place. It looks like there had been a brief moment, where something in his mind had slipped... Possibly from the andrenaline that had been coursing through him in the heat of battle... Or something else entirely...

5FldN3q.png

"And this time. Let's keep them alive." He added, quite firmly in fact.

After all, though this was probably yet another illusion, this place... As they have been told, tends to make them a reality to a degree. What's more was that in the case that this wasn't an illusion, the death of someone like Takashi certainly would have some bad repercussions.

With that in mind though, Reiner would resume fighting the zombies... But this time, it was evident that he was keeping a clear head as he did so. However, it was noted that even thinking clearly, he was frighteningly efficient with his work, severing the heads of as many undead as he could manage as soon as he got in range. Though, one had to wonder how long he could keep this up for, as he attempted to help clear a path towards the warehouse Takashi had pointed out, in hopes that they'd find refuge there.​

Amir sighed. One thing she couldn't understand was a man's need to quickly try to fight. She understood each man's...and lizards point of view but now really wasn't the time!

712e89dd982cb03829cbd82a3b83bb373a5621b0_hq.jpg

"Toffee, Mason had a point when he said that Saeko had a plan, but while I can also see both sides, we should deal with it later."

Letting an arrow fly, it would land clean through a zombies eye. Quickly notching another, she aimed for the eyes of any and every zombie she could.

'We need to find some form of cover or shelter in the meantime, and figure out how to get out of this illusion ' she thought.

Turning, she would walk over to Saeko, she placed a hand on her shoulder, blocking the view of Takashi from her.

"Saeko, please. Think about the boy who's waiting for you, who's still alive and real." she spoke to the high schooler.

"I know it must hurt all the same, but we all need to work together through this to escape back to those who are waiting for us." her voice was soft, her eyes full of concern. She really hoped she had gotten through to Saeko.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
The Batter then jumps back and quickly dodge rolls out of the way of the vomit. He looks at the creature, studying it. He was looking at creatures upper body....It was well built, making it seem like it would probably take a lot of time if they just went for that. That's when the thought hit him. Its upper body should have a lot of weight, since of thick flesh it has...So what he thought was that if he could cut one of its legs off....It wouldn't be able to stand it own mass and topple onto the ground, leaving it vunerable. He then ooks to the creature. He get out his flamethrower and aims it at the creature. He sprays the flames at it, hoping to provide a distraction. "Everyone! Aim for its legs!" The Batter then rushed towards the creature, aiming to slash at the leg, cutting it off, sealing the wound and making the creature fall over. If it didn't work, he would just back up with the rest of the group. He just hoped it does.

@Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @Atomyk @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Barn

Status
Not open for further replies.