Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily, the bullets narrowly missed Toffee, allowing him to pull out his own gun and take aim at Mason for defense purposes.

"Perhaps you seem to forget that Takashi was most likely an illusion conjured up by the entity which trapped us here. We died and knew Wanda in our past lives. He didn't, as far as I can tell. This Dark Place is trying to manipulate all of us, as that could very well have been Saeko's manipulation." It was then that the lizard heard Honda yell over to them. "So... would you like to continue this petty little argument of yours, or perhaps focus on taking out these zombies?"

@Mason Moretti @York @Atomyk @Yun Lee

"I would like to get out of here alive. Ruby and Honda are probably illusions as well... But we can wait on killing them, if you wouldn't mind. We still have to break this illusion." This wasn't the first time Mason had to break through illusions. It also wasn't the first time he had fought with someone who should have been his ally.​

Reiner Braun
@Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Atomyk @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore
@Afterlife

Reiner was ruthless... Careless almost as he charged towards Toffee, and in general, alot different than his usual, collected self. Though it was only when a tail smacked him clean across the face that he quickly snapped out of the state he was in. The tail hadn't exactly moved him back or anything, but he stopped his advance nonetheless, though it had been with the intention to disarm Toffee.

Hearing Honda's words, he quickly remembered their situation with the undead.

aFJvp4c.png

"What the hell was I thinking..." He muttered to himself.

Taking a few moments to regain his composure, he gripped the swords he held in his hands once more, preparing to join the battle once more... Though before he did, he figured he would remind the others of what their current goal was, at least as far as he knew.

TW595Wo.png

"We just have to make it to the warehouse. That's where someone else dear to Saeko resides." He said.

Then, he turned his gaze on Toffee one more time, most traces of aggression gone, as if it had never occurred in the first place. It looks like there had been a brief moment, where something in his mind had slipped... Possibly from the andrenaline that had been coursing through him in the heat of battle... Or something else entirely...

5FldN3q.png

"And this time. Let's keep them alive." He added, quite firmly in fact.

After all, though this was probably yet another illusion, this place... As they have been told, tends to make them a reality to a degree. What's more was that in the case that this wasn't an illusion, the death of someone like Takashi certainly would have some bad repercussions.

With that in mind though, Reiner would resume fighting the zombies... But this time, it was evident that he was keeping a clear head as he did so. However, it was noted that even thinking clearly, he was frighteningly efficient with his work, severing the heads of as many undead as he could manage as soon as he got in range. Though, one had to wonder how long he could keep this up for, as he attempted to help clear a path towards the warehouse Takashi had pointed out, in hopes that they'd find refuge there.​

"Good idea, Reiner. Everyone, let's make our way to this warehouse! It's probably safer than out here in the street!" Mason helped Reiner in clearing out the path ahead.​

Amir sighed. One thing she couldn't understand was a man's need to quickly try to fight. She understood each man's...and lizards point of view but now really wasn't the time!

712e89dd982cb03829cbd82a3b83bb373a5621b0_hq.jpg

"Toffee, Mason had a point when he said that Saeko had a plan, but while I can also see both sides, we should deal with it later."

Letting an arrow fly, it would land clean through a zombies eye. Quickly notching another, she aimed for the eyes of any and every zombie she could.

'We need to find some form of cover or shelter in the meantime, and figure out how to get out of this illusion ' she thought.

Turning, she would walk over to Saeko, she placed a hand on her shoulder, blocking the view of Takashi from her.

"Saeko, please. Think about the boy who's waiting for you, who's still alive and real." she spoke to the high schooler.

"I know it must hurt all the same, but we all need to work together through this to escape back to those who are waiting for us." her voice was soft, her eyes full of concern. She really hoped she had gotten through to Saeko.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

Mason stopped his advance for a moment to add his own words towards keeping Saeko from killing herself. "Saeko, you're strong. You can get through this! Remember why you fight. Remember what you said to me..."
"To protect my home." She said quietly. "That's the reason I keep going."

"You fight for your home. Your real home, which we can get to if you don't give up now, needs you. The real Takashi needs you. Now isn't the time to lose your life, alright? Come with us. Let's get to that warehouse and stay safe."

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife​

Continued from here.

Final Chapter
"Butterfly Effect"

Flames seemed most effective of all, for the hot stream seared right through their first layer and made the second layer underneath vulnerable. The Batter's heated weapon was even more effective as it cut through one of the first creature's legs, causing it to fall to the ground in a heap.

Lucas could be heard yelling, "Fat man down! Fat man down!"

The creature then exploded, dowsing The Batter in its hot liquid. It wasn't life-threatening, but it stung and lowered his HP down further.

One fat creature remained. It turned to spray more of its vomit, but something strange started to occur before it let loose another stream. A wind started to pick up, blowing hay and the remains of the creatures around the room. The group could feel something tingling at the back of their heads as if they could feel the power that was coming into form.

In a flash of lightning, the Scarlet Witch appeared.

i2s8Dhq.jpg

She shot a blast of magic at the last creature, killing it instantly.

"Lucas," she said, her voice echoing loudly throughout the barn. "Eveline feels you are not adequately acting within her best interests. My dear little girl believes you to be dishonest, despite the gift she has given you. How do you answer these concerns?"

Lucas was quiet for a long moment. "... I don't know what the hell you're talkin' about!"

Wanda gestured a hand toward the group. "The gift, Lucas. You are supposed to give them Evie's gift and bring them into our family. Instead, you're killing them and making no effort to preserve even their bodies. They are only to die if Evie wants them to die."

"I was doin' it!" he yelled. "After my game I was gonna--"

"Disappointing. Evie expected this kind of behavior from Zoe, but not you, Lucas."

"I-I--"

"Enough distractions," Wanda said, turning to the group. "It is time you were properly welcomed to the family!"

But Wanda wasn't the only one planning a surprise entrance. A bright light shot down from above, forcing Wanda to shy away from it. The sound of heavy breathing could be heard as if someone was breathing through a helmet, and a man was floating down from the sky.

CGqrgPV.jpg

"I am here," spoke the man.

Wanda growled and lashed out with magic, but it fizzled upon coming into contact with the light surrounding the man. "The Diver! I... this is not--"

"You are not yourself. You do not know what you do. I will right it, as best I can."

"No!"

What sounded like a little girl's voice called out. Her voice was deafening and had no visible source of origin. "No, no, no! You can't! This is... my family!"

Visible darkness began to form within the barn. It flew throughout the room, attacking the light the Diver had brought with him.

"Go away!"

The darkness howled. The wind that was picking up was threatening to blow the group away. "Zoe...!" Bullet yelled, pointing to the cage. "We have to get her down right now!"

Billy might have told off the group for falling into chaos, but he himself had become lost in the flurry of activity all around him. The undead became indistinguishable from the living as bullets were fired and blood soaked the city street. The massive horde was consuming them, even with all their weapons at their disposal.

Reiner's plan seemed the only solution, but actually accomplishing the plan seemed a fruitless endeavor, even with Ruby at their side. All that truly could be done was keep the undead at bay surviving second by second.

At least, until the mysterious woman in the crowd of the undead revealed herself. She rose into the air so all could view her.

xZKQ6Z0.jpg

"Billy, did you think you could get away so easily? Wanda can barely take care of herself, let alone you."

"Who the hell is that?" Sigma said, looking up in awe.

"The one who will kill you for good. These illusions entrap you. You're like fish in a barrel. The Scarlet Witch gave me the tools, so I will simply have to make use of them."

Takashi started to rise. He was not undead, and the bullet wound in his head had mysteriously vanished. He grabbed Saeko from before like before, except this time there was no love or affection behind his actions. One arm held her close to his chest while the other made a grab for her own knife. Sigma made a move to stop them but ended up getting his hand cut, forcing him back.

Out of the undead crowd came more familiar faces. One was Kate Bishop, Billy's friend from his illusionary wedding. Another was Ororo, Black Panther's illusionary queen. They were joined by others: people personal to the group.

"Capture Billy Kaplan," said Mother, "but kill the rest if you must. There will be no need for hosts when we are done."

Continued here.

Cast List
@Takumi as Amir Halgal [Otoyomegatari]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Arno Victor Dorian [Assassin's Creed]
@Kaykay as Beatrice Waltrud von Kircheisen [Dies Irae]
@Midnight Maiden as Belle French [Once Upon a Time]
@dalecOoOoOoOoOper as Dale Bartholomew Cooper [Twin Peaks]
@Gummi Bunnies as Kiyohime [Fate/Grand Order]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Klein Ullyr Green [OC]
@Ryu Keiko as Koriand'r [DC Comics]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri [Danganronpa]
@Leon Moretti as Leon Moretti [OC]
@Bomb as Lola [Fairy Fencer F]
@dark as Marcus Wright [Terminator]
@Mason Moretti as Mason Travis Moretti [OC]
@Krieg as Nancy Wheeler [Stranger Things]
@Yun Lee as Noembelu [Street Fighter]
@Crow as Nono Morikubo [The Idolmaster]
@Archmage Jeremiah as Percival of the Round Table [Sonic and the Black Knight]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Phil Connors [Groundhog Day The Musical]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse [OC]
@Gands as Raven Darkholme [X-Men Cinematic Universe]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Rumpelstiltskin [Once Upon a Time]
@Minerva as Saeko Busujima [Highschool of the Dead]
@Otto as Shen [League of Legends]
@Glostechk as Six [Little Nightmares]
@Seishin Ryuu as Spartan-B312 [Halo]
@Jeremi as T'Challa [Marvel Comics]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta [Overwatch]
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Teth Adam [DC Comics]
@The Batter as The Batter [OFF]
@thatguyinthestore as Toffee [Star vs the Forces of Evil]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jeremi
Continued from here.

Final Chapter
"Butterfly Effect"

Flames seemed most effective of all, for the hot stream seared right through their first layer and made the second layer underneath vulnerable. The Batter's heated weapon was even more effective as it cut through one of the first creature's legs, causing it to fall to the ground in a heap.

The creature then exploded, dowsing The Batter in its hot liquid. It wasn't life-threatening, but it stung and lowered his HP down further.

One fat creature remained. It turned to spray more of its vomit, but something strange started to occur before it let loose another stream. A wind started to pick up, blowing hay and the remains of the creatures around the room. The group could feel something tingling at the back of their heads as if they could feel the power that was coming into form.

i2s8Dhq.jpg

"Lucas," she said, her voice echoing loudly throughout the barn. "Eveline feels you are not adequately acting within her best interests. My dear little girl believes you to be dishonest, despite the gift she has given you. How do you answer these concerns?"

Lucas was quiet for a long moment. "... I don't know what the hell you're talkin' about!"

Wanda gestured a hand toward the group. "The gift, Lucas. You are supposed to give them Evie's gift and bring them into our family. Instead, you're killing them and making no effort to preserve even their bodies. They are only to die if Evie wants them to die."

"Disappointing. Evie expected this kind of behavior from Zoe, but not you, Lucas."

"I-I--"

"Enough distractions," Wanda said, turning to the group. "It is time you were properly welcomed to the family!"

But Wanda wasn't the only one planning a surprise entrance. A bright light shot down from above, forcing Wanda to shy away from it. The sound of heavy breathing could be heard as if someone was breathing through a helmet, and a man was floating down from the sky.

CGqrgPV.jpg

Wanda growled and lashed out with magic, but it fizzled upon coming into contact with the light surrounding the man. "The Diver! I... this is not--"

"You are not yourself. You do not know what you do. I will right it, as best I can."

"No!"

What sounded like a little girl's voice called out. Her voice was deafening and had no visible source of origin. "No, no, no! You can't! This is... my family!"

Visible darkness began to form within the barn. It flew throughout the room, attacking the light the Diver had brought with him.

"Go away!"

The darkness howled. The wind that was picking up was threatening to blow the group away. "Zoe...!" Bullet yelled, pointing to the cage. "We have to get her down right now!"

Billy might have told off the group for falling into chaos, but he himself had become lost in the flurry of activity all around him. The undead became indistinguishable from the living as bullets were fired and blood soaked the city street. The massive horde was consuming them, even with all their weapons at their disposal.

Reiner's plan seemed the only solution, but actually accomplishing the plan seemed a fruitless endeavor, even with Ruby at their side. All that truly could be done was keep the undead at bay surviving second by second.

At least, until the mysterious woman in the crowd of the undead revealed herself. She rose into the air so all could view her.

xZKQ6Z0.jpg

"Billy, did you think you could get away so easily? Wanda can barely take care of herself, let alone you."

"The one who will kill you for good. These illusions entrap you. You're like fish in a barrel. The Scarlet Witch gave me the tools, so I will simply have to make use of them."

Takashi started to rise. He was not undead, and the bullet wound in his head had mysteriously vanished. He grabbed Saeko from before like before, except this time there was no love or affection behind his actions. One arm held her close to his chest while the other made a grab for her own knife. Sigma made a move to stop them but ended up getting his hand cut, forcing him back.

Out of the undead crowd came more familiar faces. One was Kate Bishop, Billy's friend from his illusionary wedding. Another was Ororo, Black Panther's illusionary queen. They were joined by others: people personal to the group.

"Capture Billy Kaplan," said Mother, "but kill the rest if you must. There will be no need for hosts when we are done."

Cast List
"...I hate you people." Klein said with a dumbfounded face as he looked at Wanda. Then a man came floating down in some super thin diver suit and Klein just shook his head and looked to Bullet who seemed worried about Zoe. Klein looked around before looking at the barn walls and then his dirks and shrugged. "Eh, let it fall." He said as he turned to the pile of dead bodies the group had killed. He walked over and started piling them up under the cage. He then got the two lugs and rolled them over as well. "Might as well get more soft shit for her to land on."

Klein's plan was of course to let the cage fall, but he hoped that the bodies would cushion her fall. "She might wanna actually hang on though."

@Atomyk @Josh M @ShiroKiyoshi @Leon Moretti @Crow @Kaykay @Glostechk @The Batter @Verite @Krieg @Otto

Continued from here.

Final Chapter
"Butterfly Effect"

i2s8Dhq.jpg

"I-I--"

CGqrgPV.jpg

"No!"

"Go away!"

xZKQ6Z0.jpg

Cast List

As Leon saw the creatures were finished, he heard her voice, Wanda's voice. Of course, she wasn't pleased with what Lucas has been doing, and hearing how no one was supposed to die pissed Leon off even more. However, he had to set that aside for the time being seeing chaos erupt once more between Wanda and some guy in a diving suit. Not really wanting to get involved with that drama, just jet, he turns his attention the cage that Zoe was in. Looking around, he tries to find a lever or crank wheel to gently lower the cage.

@Atomyk @Josh M @ShiroKiyoshi @Leon Moretti @Crow @Kaykay @Glostechk @The Batter @Verite @Krieg @Otto @ShiroKiyoshi

Phil Connors - One Day

Phil pushed against the wind, hoping to find a safe place as it seemed Klein and Leon had helped with Zoe. He mumbled something, though it was strangely lyrical if anyone was paying attention. " Just let your spirit slip away,Let all your troubles crumble and decay,There's more than one way out if at the end of the day, You're at the end of your rope, Never give up hope. Never let yourself be defeated. If you tried it once, you can try again. A new day will follow. There's always tomorrow. Never listen to the unbelievers, You will take your falls,You will hit your walls, Don't give into sorrow. An ever-lasting farcical disaster. You play your part, You march the march, You don't complain, You find a way, Another day, Surrounded by a cast of half-wit bastards,Grinning masks amidst the grey, Yet you stay sane and through the pain,The frozen pain of glass, You strain to cast your gaze upon the path you have to tread, And in your head that leaden dread,the fucking roads have all been trod, And there's no way and there's no God, And god oh god this goddamn weather, Will last forever but you must never, never, never, Never give up hope, Never let the odds overwhelm you, You know the game gets hard, Don't throw in your cards, A new day will follow," he said, remembering what Noemblu said. Never let the sorrow engulf you. There was always hope.

@Atomyk @Josh M @ShiroKiyoshi @Leon Moretti @Crow @Kaykay @Glostechk @The Batter @Verite @Krieg @Otto

"I don't think there's just going to be--"

After looking around, Bullet spotted what was holding the cage up. It wasn't a lever, but a rope looping around a chain at the top of the barn that was tied to another chain by the elevator. "Huh."

"I got it!" Teddy yelled, throwing his shovel so that smacked the chain and knocked the rope loose. Zoe cried out as her cage fell into the pile of bodies that softened her fall. Bullet ran ahead and took the woman's hand to help her out of the cage.

"This doesn't make any sense," Zoe said, her voice shaking. She eyed Wanda and the Diver, watching as light and darkness danced around them. "Hell, I don't know who he is."

A little girl appeared then, grabbing Zoe by the arm.

"Evie...!"

Up9AtUP.jpg

"It's not over yet!" said Eveline. "Mother told me exactly what I must do! She said... that none of you deserve to be a part of my family. She said that you should just die!"

"Evie, no--!"

Bullet grabbed Zoe, pulling her away from the young girl, who smiled and laughed at the pair of them. As she laughed, everyone's vision began to blur. Images danced before their eyes. Flashes of shadow and horrific things filled their thoughts. It was an onslaught on the senses, but one voice broke through: "Kyoko!"

Out of the Diver's light appeared Makoto, Captain America, and Shane.

"I have brought them into the light," said the Diver over the cacophony of sound. "They are here to help."

"They can't help!"

The shadows began taking forms. They were individuals that looked all-too familiar.

uvgL8p3.png

"Everyone, these are no mere illusions," Makoto cautioned. "They have real power, thanks to the dark place!"

"The power of chaos has held on for too long here." The light around the Diver began to expand. It eventually burst, shooting out at Wanda, who cried out in pain. She shook violently with energy, and as she did, the powers the group had been without began to come back. A flash of light erupted around Noot Noot and he changed forms.

UNv4eyw.png

"I'm... human again...?" Jude looked around at the others. "Um... I-It's a lot to explain!"

"No time," Teddy growled as he grew in size and turned green. "We're fighting for our lives now."

@Jeremi @Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Barn

"Kate!" Billy called out, but the girl wasn't listening as she shot an arrow from her bow in his direction. He raised his arms out of instinct but found that he had managed to create a magical barrier around himself. "What...?" He looked around. "Our powers must be back!"

iel1SoR.png

Mother looked cross at this. "That can't be, not unless someone is interfering..." The woman shook her head. "It won't matter in the end. The seal is already weak and all of you have already fallen so deeply. It is only a matter of time before you are worn down."

@Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
  • Love
Reactions: Verite and Jeremi
@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

"Little Eagle."

Noembelu froze, the voice behind her causing Mother and all else to leave her mind.

Honda looked at her. "Noey? What are you-" He glanced behind her and gasped. "I-Isn't that...?"

Noembelu turned too, looking at the girl before her. Her dearest, closest friend. The one person who made her life in Shadaloo bearable all those years. The only remnant of home she had.

juli-sf4-face.jpg

"...Julia..."

"She must've been part of your illusion!" Honda glared the false Doll down, brandishing his pipe.

"No." Noembelu looked behind her to Honda. "Go help Billy," she told him. "Mother's going for him above all."

"But Noey-"

"This is my illusion. I'll handle it myself."

Honda nodded, that being enough to convince him. He ran near Billy, swinging at any of the undead that came hear him. "Remember me, Mother? The guy who ruined your daughter's plans all the way back in Bright Falls?! I'm back!!"

In the meantime, Noembelu faced Julia, staring her down. Julia slowly began to become surrounded by a violet aura, one Noembelu recognized all too well: Psycho Power. It didn't scare her, nor did it give her a panic attack like it would have a few months ago. There was no place for fear now. All there was place for was victory.​

After looking around, Bullet spotted what was holding the cage up. It wasn't a lever, but a rope looping around a chain at the top of the barn that was tied to another chain by the elevator. "Huh."

"I got it!" Teddy yelled, throwing his shovel so that smacked the chain and knocked the rope loose. Zoe cried out as her cage fell into the pile of bodies that softened her fall. Bullet ran ahead and took the woman's hand to help her out of the cage.

"This doesn't make any sense," Zoe said, her voice shaking. She eyed Wanda and the Diver, watching as light and darkness danced around them. "Hell, I don't know who he is."

"Evie...!"

Up9AtUP.jpg

"It's not over yet!" said Eveline. "Mother told me exactly what I must do! She said... that none of you deserve to be a part of my family. She said that you should just die!"

"Evie, no--!"

Bullet grabbed Zoe, pulling her away from the young girl, who smiled and laughed at the pair of them. As she laughed, everyone's vision began to blur. Images danced before their eyes. Flashes of shadow and horrific things filled their thoughts. It was an onslaught on the senses, but one voice broke through: "Kyoko!"

"I have brought them into the light," said the Diver over the cacophony of sound. "They are here to help."

"They can't help!"

The shadows began taking forms. They were individuals that looked all-too familiar.

uvgL8p3.png

"Everyone, these are no mere illusions," Makoto cautioned. "They have real power, thanks to the dark place!"

"The power of chaos has held on for too long here." The light around the Diver began to expand. It eventually burst, shooting out at Wanda, who cried out in pain. She shook violently with energy, and as she did, the powers the group had been without began to come back. A flash of light erupted around Noot Noot and he changed forms.

UNv4eyw.png

"I'm... human again...?" Jude looked around at the others. "Um... I-It's a lot to explain!"

"No time," Teddy growled as grew in size and turned green. "We're fighting for our lives now."

@Jeremi @Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Barn

"Kate!" Billy called out, but the girl wasn't listening as she shot an arrow from her bow in his direction. He raised his arms out of instinct but found that he had managed to create a magical barrier around himself. "What...?" He looked around. "Our powers must be back!"

iel1SoR.png

Mother looked cross at this. "That can't be, not unless someone is interfering..." The woman shook her head. "It won't matter in the end. The seal is already weak and all of you have already fallen so deeply. It is only a matter of time before you are worn down."

@Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife

Fear, Hate, Despair... Leon saw it all when those images and sounds were burned into his mind, yet there was one small thing that stood out to him, Hope. When he finally took note of the voice and turned to Makoto, another bright light hit and next thing he knew there was human where Noot Noot was. "...Noot Noot??"

Yet something else was bothering him, an energy he hasn't felt in a good while. His body started to have a faint purple glow around him, he grinned "Well it's about damn time." His aura has returned, and now he could finally have some fun.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Barn​

Phil Connors

Unlike everyone else, Phil didn't immediately recognize his illusion. When he thought about his perfect life, he thought about maybe settling down with a man or woman. Maybe a kid or three. He didn't have a clear image on what it was.

Have you ever looked in a mirror before and didn't instantly recognize your face since you were so tired? That was the feeling that Phil had when he recognized what his illusion was. It was a boy, possibly no older than twelve or thirteen. Maybe he was older- Phil had never been good at gauging ages of people. He looked like him and like her- like Rita. He had his hair, the kind that made him smile and was perfect and that the type that worked wonderfully and a mix of their complexion. A tan-ish color that was hard to place on a skin color wheel. He had di-chromatic eyes, one was like his and the other was Brown. He was everything he would ever want in a son. He was waving an adorable name tag that read Phil--- Junior. Or PJ.

" Hey Dad."

There was only one problem and Phil knew it. PJ wasn't real. This whole situation was fucked- it was entirely fucked.

One of the last things he expected to do was raise Saeko's pistol. He raised it.

" What are you doin-?" The sentence was never finished as he pulled the trigger and he aimed straight for the forehead. One headshot. On a kid. A kid. God, fucking damn it. He hated himself.

@Jeremi @Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @Atomyk @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Barn

Unlike everyone else here, Toffee didn't have a family or anything important to him like that. So while everyone else was tripping out, Toffee simply approached Mother and looked her square in the eye.

"Perhaps you should have thought about the possibility of one of us not having a family." The lizard said calmly, although he didn't attack her just yet.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Minerva @afterlifepeeps

"Evie...!"

Up9AtUP.jpg

"Evie, no--!"

"They can't help!"

uvgL8p3.png

UNv4eyw.png

"No time," Teddy growled as he grew in size and turned green. "We're fighting for our lives now."

iel1SoR.png

Klein balled his hand into a fist as he felt the magic course through his veins. He was knocked out when he had lost him, so he had unfortunately missed the painful process of having his mana sucked right out of him, but the feeling of it pouring back into him -- oh that was something else. Klein cackled as the shadows around him formed into the puny targets of the Dragons and Ravens, while their headmasters stood there and oversaw their actions.

"How perfect! This could not get any better! Actually, it could..." Klein said as he flexed the hand that had been without its claw for so long. "Now, time to die." Klein said as he lowered his hood while leaving his mask up. With his magic back, he had a newfound energy and moved quick, he was a blur of white in a sea of black. The more blood of these illusions he spilled, the more excited he got, until he had disposed of all the grunts. Mere bugs compared to Klein's level of skill when it came to killing. When the masters had no more cannon fodder to feed him, they took up their stances and proceeded towards him.

The boy didn't flinch and like a hungry wolf he circled them, trapped in a never ending loop. By this time Klein's own shadow was raving mad as it had been fed so much blood, while at the same time it had been deprived of it. The feeling of cutting skin, the smell of blood, the rush of pain! He felt none of it and yet he was enjoying himself. The feeling was conflicting and in this moment of uncertainty, his masters taught him a lesson.

First, Master of the Dragons, Klein's first clan and ones who taught him to fight, rushed forward with his elbow before kicking him out. Meanwhile, Master of the Ravens, Klein's magic instructor prepared a devastating spell which unleashed a torrent of energy on the boy as he flew from the first master's hit. Klein could hardly breathe when the volley ended, but it was only a moment of peace. Assassins knew the rule of momentum, they based their art off of it, and so the masters moved in for the kill, luckily Klein was able to activate his spell, sending both of them flying back. He got to his feet and wiped the blood of his mouth.

He then taunted the men. "Do it again."

They did and for a while these foes would be locked in a battle of extreme proportions.

After so long, they were finally making progress. Everything was a blur. The Berserker-class Servant felt a sudden ignite of mana in her system again... just enough to keep her around for a it longer. Was it getting close to the end? She couldn't tell, but this was bigger progress than earlier. But it came at a cost.

She immediately recognized a particular man standing before her. She recognized the jet black hair. She recognized that dorky expression on his face. She recognized the man that swore his love to her and then lied about his commitment. She remembered his love. Remembered his lies.

His lies. His lies. His lies. His lies. His lies. His lies. She remembered. She remembered. She remembered. She remembered. She remembered. She remembered.

He hurt her. He hurt her. She hated him. She hated him.

And here he is, right before her.

❝ Kiyo-chan! First... er, don't be mad at me. Hear me out. ❞

Rage boiled in her veins. It was different from his other words, but it held the same disgusting guise of lies that she despised. She hated it.

❝ I know we sorta got off on the wrong foot, and I'm sorry for that. But hey, we can start anew from here,❞
the man takes a moment to step towards her, making her drop her spear as he holds her hand,❝ No more lying. No more hiding stuff from each other. We'll be honest to each other, have kids, raise them together... You always wanted all of that... right? ❞

The more he spoke, the more she felt like she couldn't contain it all anymore. The Heroic Spirit couldn't let this slide again, not at a time like this. Never. Never. Never. Never. Never.

She silently pulled her hand away from him, her golden eyes starting to appear like orbs of flames that wouldn't stop growing. Not taking note of his confusion, Kiyo went to pick up the lance she had dropped.

tumblr_ol56yjsFuf1v3qowuo7_100.png

❝ Anchin-sama... you're lying. ❞

❝ W-What? But I... I'm not- ❞

❝ Liar. You said that you wouldn't hide anything ever again... but you still haven't informed me of why you ran off from our first night together, Anchin-sama. Is it because I'm scary? Is it because I'm different? Back then... I'm not sure, but as of now, you haven't said the reason why... and I hate that of you. ❞

❝ That was from a long time ago, we can put that all behind us now by-... GAAH! ❞

A clean impalement through his stomach, Kiyohime continues to delve the spear through Anchin, pinning him to the ground. This all happened similarly long ago, and yet... this occurring made it feel like a day before. Stepping back to see what she had done, Kiyo observed and watched Anchin madly trying to free himself from the spear that pinned through him, keeping him in place.

❝ S-Sorry! I'm sorry, Kiyo-chan! I... I really am, so please... please! Stop this! ❞

The more she let him linger as if to see there was any differences, it only fueled her anger much more. She would probably let loose on her anger too far if she let him be for any more moments. Masses of blue flames began to take form around her, depleting her mana greatly as she figured to ensure that this illusion of Anchin was gone for good.

tumblr_ol56hqD84p1v3qowuo4_100.png

❝ I will exterminate the liar who ran from me. Tenshin, Kasyou Zanmai!

The Berserker spoke out the incantation of her Noble Phantasm, extending her hand out towards Anchin. The small forms of blue flames began to extend outwards, almost appearing like a snake-like dragon made out of those flames. Once those flames traveled on their own towards the illusion of Anchin, the embers spiraled around him, closing in with no hopes of leaving him alive. Making contact with his body, the roaring growth of these flames was loud enough to muffle the lying monk's screams. To be sure that it was through and done, she allowed these flames to continue for moments until she knew that the illusion was gone. Gone and soon with it, the mana she used for this Noble Phantasm.

She knew the consequences of using a Noble Phantasm without a Master. She used up all of the mana that was meant to keep her around for this final battle, against these illusions, and against this Dark Place. Because of that... she felt as if she wanted to take a long refreshing nap, to fall into an eternal slumber. But she knew if she let that go on, Kiyohime would be gone. Gone into the depths of the Dark Place or sent back to the Throne of Heroes into she was summoned by the Grail once more...

As the flames died out to leave only a charred lance stabbed into the ground, Kiyohime stumbled about, trying to make her way somewhere. Somewhere to assist someone with their illusion, she convinced herself. But really... she didn't want to go, she wanted to stay and help. There were some she didn't bother to care for while here, but that didn't mean she wanted to leave those that she did end up caring about. They didn't lie to her, or at least they haven't lied to her yet. After going through the lies of Anchin, she didn't want to miss the chance of sticking around someone who would never spit out a lie...

Nevertheless, she tried to move her legs, carrying herself to whoever was closest to her. A faint aura started to trail from her physical form, she didn't have much time left before her lack of mana starts truly effecting her... She had to find a Master out of this crowd quick...

Probably a strange coincidence, Reiner would notice a strange marking on the back of his hand. Almost like a bruising he may have gotten along the way.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT@thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X
@Afterlife

Continued from here.

Final Chapter
"Butterfly Effect"

i2s8Dhq.jpg

"I-I--"

CGqrgPV.jpg

"No!"

"Go away!"

xZKQ6Z0.jpg

Cast List

"Amir."

Hearing her name, the huntress turned her head to the young man who had called her.

"K-Karluk..." her voice waivered momentarily. She was stunned to see him, illusion or not.

latest

"Amir, don't look so flustered." Karluk said, moving to get closer to her.

"It feels like we've been apart for ages now, you look so tired. Like you've been fighting nonstop. I guess, it would make sense for you to be like this right?" his tone was concerned, and Amir couldn't help but momentarily forget everything else as she focused soley on him, the way he moved and looked at her with such care. He seemed to move like he had matured in some way.

Taking a breath, she didn't move, bow in hand and almost close to tears. She held them at bay though, knowing that tears could be shed later. She knew ot was an illusion, but her resolve was dwindling quickly.

• Love
Reactions: Mason Moretti
CGqrgPV.jpg

"No!"

"Go away!"

"Evie...!"

Up9AtUP.jpg

"Evie, no--!"

"They can't help!"

uvgL8p3.png

UNv4eyw.png

"No time," Teddy growled as grew in size and turned green. "We're fighting for our lives now."
kiri004.png

"You again!" Kyoko exclaimed in the beginning of it all, just as the Diver first appeared before everyone shortly after Wanda also made her own show. With an appearance like that and his knack to show up at the last moment, it was no wonder that Kyoko would recognize the individual known as the Diver who had come to save them all, just as he did during the Bright Falls Incident. And then from there, things got even stranger, but not exactly for the worst, for once at least.

Before she knew it, the voices of a strange little girl permeated through the air, taking the form of an abstract darkness that filled the room, and then as a human, threatening Zoe Baker, and then--

Kyoko froze in her tracks when the familiar voice of a certain boy was heard. She turned to face behind her, her lavender hair flowing in the air swiftly, and before she knew it, Makoto Naegi stood before her, alongside Captain America and Shane, with a stance that the Ultimate Detective almost found rather... nostalgic. He stood tall on his own two feet, chin and shoulders up, confident and full of faith in everyone there.

Full of hope.

"Makoto! Jude!" She called out to them, dashing over to their side, weapon still in hand to protect them and herself from any potential enemies that might come onto her. Not to say that she was immune, but Kyoko had already managed to conquer the haunting past of the Killing School Life along with Makoto before, and she wouldn't let them reappear now.

kiri036.png

"When this is all over, you two have a lot of explaining to do," Kyoko sternly said to the two boys like a reprimanding older sister.

@Atomyk

xZKQ6Z0.jpg

iel1SoR.png

"Powers are back online? Heck yeah!"

Mason placed the gun back into his pocket. The kickback of normal firearms left him inaccurate, but with magic-formed and magic-powered weapons, this issue disappeared. He channeled his energy into his hands. A purple aura surrounded them, forming the outline of a small firearm at his fingertips. The outline began to fill with light, but halfway through began to wobble and shake. The outline disappeared in a puff of smoke, completely destabilized.

"I don't have enough strength on my own, still. I need my necklace... I suppose I'll have to go simple."

Mason tried again, this time with his energy arcing in an L-shape, creating a simple boomerang. He drew his arm back, ready to throw it at Mother, yet something caused him surprise and to freeze in place.

To be continued...
@Atomyk @Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
Continued from here.

Final Chapter
"Butterfly Effect"

i2s8Dhq.jpg

"I-I--"

CGqrgPV.jpg

"No!"

"Go away!"

xZKQ6Z0.jpg

Cast List

"Evie...!"

Up9AtUP.jpg

"Evie, no--!"

"They can't help!"

uvgL8p3.png

UNv4eyw.png

iel1SoR.png

All's well doesn't end well.

"Evie would? Evie would-"

Evie.

Evie was ready to slay all, and there was only one way out of it.

A great variety of fresh foes appeared before all.

One of them...

3dpY2rk.png

"Hey you!"

Despite being warned that it was but an illusion, Nono was glad to see her friend again.

Znock5z.jpg

"Mirei!"

"Don't call me that, Morikubo!" The illusionary girl in Visual Kei exclaims.

"Wha- what's going on?"

"What's going on is what always goes on, Morikubo Nono! You're a liability to everyone! Producer, Shouko, Rin, and of course, me. Even your otherworldly 'pals' like Kyoko see you as a burden. Someone like you doesn't deserve to be called one of the Individuals! Now go! Or I'll go for you!"

"Mirei!" Nono begins to cry, "Morikubo... can't believe you'd say that."

'Mirei' then pushes Nono to the ground, her arms caging her.

"Y- you were into Morikubo? B- but Morikubo already likes someone else..." Nono blushes.

"I'll be into you soon!" 'Mirei' aggresively aims a plush claw at Nono's head. Nono dodges, causing Mirei's plush claw to be lodged into the ground, as if it was made of diamond. "Get lost, Nono! Scram away from this Earth!"

Nono kicks Mirei away.

"I don't believe that you're Mirei! That's how Morikubo saw Mirei during that time, albeit a little exaggerated, but the Mirei of today is nothing like that," Nono exclaims, cocking her shotgun.

"Which is why I must do this."

Nono shot Mirei on the foot, but her bullet bounced off.

Nono squirmed in fear and slowly backed away as Mirei approached her.

"Not even Producer can find any good in your voice! He isn't a man of honesty, he only wants people to hear what's good! I on the other hand, am being honest with you!"

"No, you're not being honest! Not with that- that's it!"

Nono put her gun on her back.

"Mirei, I'll show you that Morikubo's voice... is glorious!"

Nono began to sing, and surprisingly, Mirei sang along too, as if under a trance.
"CRY HEART."
"These incurable wounds."
"LIGHTNING IN THE DARK."
"These feelings of helplessness."
"Go together with me~"
"Now, then, awaken!"
"And pass your limits!"
"Shed your shell!"
"And toss it aside!"
"Substitutes, they just won't do."
"All you need is voice and tone."
"To give you NSWER, let it reach the Earth's ends~"

During all this, Mirei and Nono were approaching each other. The illusionary Mirei was ready to stab Nono in the heart, but when she was a mere inch from her chest, Nono ripped her eyepatch off. The eyepatch absorbed the sheer, muck-like darkness from Mirei's eye, and there was a lot of it.

iFf2p1C.jpg

"Hey, Nono, sorry for hurting your feelings. I... I..."

"Morikubo understands, Mirei, Morikubo understands."

They both embraced as the illusionary Mirei began to vanish.

"Our first unit song, as a trio... it's natural you'd never forget that. Tell Shouko I'm sorry I sang her lines."

"And Morikubo wants you to know that she's sorry we didn't sing the whole thing."

Nono had one more thing to say.

"Mirei, you're a fake, but any Mirei should know that... Hayasaka Mirei, a real, genuine Hayasaka Mirei is the leader of Individuals, a leader Morikubo can follow, respect and aim to be top idol with!"

"Tell that to real Mirei, tell that to her... and I want you and your unit- no, our unit- to become top idol... L.M.B.G, Triad Primus, Eldreitch Roarterror, we'll exceed them all, but only if all three of us keep trudging on."

Nono nods as she sheds a tear of joy.

Mirei was gone. A fake that was real in her own ways.

Nono looks at the eyepatch Fake Mirei left behind.

"On one hand, Morikubo wishes to keep it, on the other, it contains all of Morikubo's negative impressions of a great friend..."

Nono tosses it aside.

"That's what fake Mirei would've wanted."

@Jeremi @Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @ShiroKiyoshi @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Barn​

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!

Out of the corner of her eye, Noembelu saw Amir face her illusion. "Amir, that's-!!!"

Julia's elbow connected to Noembelu's side, stopping her midsentence. Noembelu recovered quickly, rolling away a good few feet and into a crouch. She glared at the illusion, who sneered down at her.

"You could have been happy, Little Eagle." Julia started forward, slow and deliberate. "You would've lost all memories of these past three years. All that fear, all that pain...you would be the same happy little girl you were before Shadaloo took that all from you. From us. Are you really so selfish? All twelve of us would've been free. Marz would've been alive again! And you ruined it all!!!" Julia stopped right in front of Noembelu, a sadistic smile on her face.

" You really are useless."

No. No! Noembelu could feel memories coming back. Aprile losing her eye. Dio Brando beating his son. Nonononono, not now. Please! She had to fight it, she had to! Already she could feel her breath start to increase, but she had...to...fight...!

It seemed to work, but not fast enough, as Julia made a grab for one of the hatchets. At least Noembelu could get a hold on it, and the two began to wrestle for the weapon, Noembelu having a harder time due to her supressed panic attack.​

As Leon saw the creatures were finished, he heard her voice, Wanda's voice. Of course, she wasn't pleased with what Lucas has been doing, and hearing how no one was supposed to die pissed Leon off even more. However, he had to set that aside for the time being seeing chaos erupt once more between Wanda and some guy in a diving suit. Not really wanting to get involved with that drama, just jet, he turns his attention the cage that Zoe was in. Looking around, he tries to find a lever or crank wheel to gently lower the cage.

@Atomyk @Josh M @ShiroKiyoshi @Leon Moretti @Crow @Kaykay @Glostechk @The Batter @Verite @Krieg @Otto @ShiroKiyoshi

As Leon managed to calm his aura down, he felt a familiar aura in the midst of the other illusions that appeared. All he heard was the sound of someone clapping when he turned his attention to the person, his heart dropped completely. "I'm glad to see you're not injured, Leon. Though, it really doesn't come to a surprise seeing how much Fortuna cares about you."

He stood there for a moment not sure what to say or do, then he managed to speak out her name.

"Athena..."

She giggled at the fact all he could say was her name, "Some things never do change, though you look pretty banged up, did Mom get mad at your for failing another mission?"

He looked away, not wanting to face her for a second, he knew it was an illusion, it could have been anyone else... His mother, father, or even Macy, but the caster went even deeper and pulled the one he cared about the most, Athena, the Demi-goddess of Justice, one of his mentors during his stay at Embassy Crossing. "I... I guess you can say that..."

Something about her just wasn't quite right about her, there was a different look in her eyes. "At least you're not dead, well..." She then proceeds to pull out a sword that was started to be engulfed in a green aura.

"... Not yet at least."

To be Continued...

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @ShiroKiyoshi @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter@Barn​

"Is this what you are looking for?"

A young lady had suddenly appeared behind Mason and wrapped a gold chain around his neck. A familiar pendant hung around the gold chain, and equally familiar was the voice that had appeared behind him. She wrapped her arms around Mason in a tight embrace and said, "It has been far too long, Sir Mason."

4bec1d02e0aaefe520c361b6d7723b3b-dbjo52e.jpg

"Lady Ilona..." Mason had frozen up, yet a smile had come across his face at the reunion. The weapon in his hand faded away, and instead his hands reached up to hold Ilona's. He closed his eyes and held her hands tightly.

When he opened his eyes, he saw his various allies struggling with their own illusions. The idea that this Ilona was an illusion entered his mind. The idea was strengthened by the fact that the Takashi that Toffee had "killed" was here once again alive, and had become an enemy. The smile melted away from Mason's face and he released Ilona's hands.

He turned around to see her and was surprised at what he saw.

"What are you wearing?"

"A new set of clothes, of course. Can I not wear new styles and manners of dress? You have changed style yourself, Sir Mason."

"I suppose you're right. But how did you get here?"

"It seems that my powers have caused me to randomly appear here. They do that sometimes. It is very unfortunate and annoying. It has caused me great strife since childhood."

"But you had my necklace. Both you and the necklace must be fake..."

"Sir Mason, are you sure you wish to question me like this?"

"Why wouldn't I be sure?"

To respond to his question, Ilona quickly leaned in and kissed Mason, once again stunning him. His face grew red. He took a step back in shock, but his feet moved no further. This was something he wanted, something he yearned for: someone to love once again.

But this wasn't right. He knew that Ilona couldn't be real. Despite that knowledge, he didn't want to let go. He broke from his daze and pulled the time traveler into a tight hug.

"Ilona, I'm sorry I left you. I should have followed. I should have stayed by you and I'm sorry that I didn't. I don't want to let you go."

"Neither do I, Sir Mason."

It seemed Mason was successfully ensnared in this illusion.

@Yun Lee @Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife​

Amir sighed. One thing she couldn't understand was a man's need to quickly try to fight. She understood each man's...and lizards point of view but now really wasn't the time!

712e89dd982cb03829cbd82a3b83bb373a5621b0_hq.jpg

"Toffee, Mason had a point when he said that Saeko had a plan, but while I can also see both sides, we should deal with it later."

Letting an arrow fly, it would land clean through a zombies eye. Quickly notching another, she aimed for the eyes of any and every zombie she could.

'We need to find some form of cover or shelter in the meantime, and figure out how to get out of this illusion ' she thought.

Turning, she would walk over to Saeko, she placed a hand on her shoulder, blocking the view of Takashi from her.

"Saeko, please. Think about the boy who's waiting for you, who's still alive and real." she spoke to the high schooler.

"I know it must hurt all the same, but we all need to work together through this to escape back to those who are waiting for us." her voice was soft, her eyes full of concern. She really hoped she had gotten through to Saeko.

"I would like to get out of here alive. Ruby and Honda are probably illusions as well... But we can wait on killing them, if you wouldn't mind. We still have to break this illusion." This wasn't the first time Mason had to break through illusions. It also wasn't the first time he had fought with someone who should have been his ally.​

"Good idea, Reiner. Everyone, let's make our way to this warehouse! It's probably safer than out here in the street!" Mason helped Reiner in clearing out the path ahead.​

Mason stopped his advance for a moment to add his own words towards keeping Saeko from killing herself. "Saeko, you're strong. You can get through this! Remember why you fight. Remember what you said to me..."

"You fight for your home. Your real home, which we can get to if you don't give up now, needs you. The real Takashi needs you. Now isn't the time to lose your life, alright? Come with us. Let's get to that warehouse and stay safe."

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife​
Continued from here.

Final Chapter
"Butterfly Effect"

i2s8Dhq.jpg

"I-I--"

CGqrgPV.jpg

"No!"

"Go away!"

xZKQ6Z0.jpg

Cast List

"Evie...!"

Up9AtUP.jpg

"Evie, no--!"

"They can't help!"

uvgL8p3.png

UNv4eyw.png

iel1SoR.png

"Little Eagle."

Noembelu froze, the voice behind her causing Mother and all else to leave her mind.

Honda looked at her. "Noey? What are you-" He glanced behind her and gasped. "I-Isn't that...?"

Noembelu turned too, looking at the girl before her. Her dearest, closest friend. The one person who made her life in Shadaloo bearable all those years. The only remnant of home she had.

juli-sf4-face.jpg

"...Julia..."

"She must've been part of your illusion!" Honda glared the false Doll down, brandishing his pipe.

"No." Noembelu looked behind her to Honda. "Go help Billy," she told him. "Mother's going for him above all."

"But Noey-"

"This is my illusion. I'll handle it myself."

Honda nodded, that being enough to convince him. He ran near Billy, swinging at any of the undead that came hear him. "Remember me, Mother? The guy who ruined your daughter's plans all the way back in Bright Falls?! I'm back!!"

In the meantime, Noembelu faced Julia, staring her down. Julia slowly began to become surrounded by a violet aura, one Noembelu recognized all too well: Psycho Power. It didn't scare her, nor did it give her a panic attack like it would have a few months ago. There was no place for fear now. All there was place for was victory.​
Unlike everyone else here, Toffee didn't have a family or anything important to him like that. So while everyone else was tripping out, Toffee simply approached Mother and looked her square in the eye.

"Perhaps you should have thought about the possibility of one of us not having a family." The lizard said calmly, although he didn't attack her just yet.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Minerva @afterlifepeeps
After so long, they were finally making progress. Everything was a blur. The Berserker-class Servant felt a sudden ignite of mana in her system again... just enough to keep her around for a it longer. Was it getting close to the end? She couldn't tell, but this was bigger progress than earlier. But it came at a cost.

She immediately recognized a particular man standing before her. She recognized the jet black hair. She recognized that dorky expression on his face. She recognized the man that swore his love to her and then lied about his commitment. She remembered his love. Remembered his lies.

His lies. His lies. His lies. His lies. His lies. His lies. She remembered. She remembered. She remembered. She remembered. She remembered. She remembered.

He hurt her. He hurt her. She hated him. She hated him.

And here he is, right before her.

❝ Kiyo-chan! First... er, don't be mad at me. Hear me out. ❞

Rage boiled in her veins. It was different from his other words, but it held the same disgusting guise of lies that she despised. She hated it.

❝ I know we sorta got off on the wrong foot, and I'm sorry for that. But hey, we can start anew from here,❞
the man takes a moment to step towards her, making her drop her spear as he holds her hand,❝ No more lying. No more hiding stuff from each other. We'll be honest to each other, have kids, raise them together... You always wanted all of that... right? ❞

The more he spoke, the more she felt like she couldn't contain it all anymore. The Heroic Spirit couldn't let this slide again, not at a time like this. Never. Never. Never. Never. Never.

She silently pulled her hand away from him, her golden eyes starting to appear like orbs of flames that wouldn't stop growing. Not taking note of his confusion, Kiyo went to pick up the lance she had dropped.

tumblr_ol56yjsFuf1v3qowuo7_100.png

❝ Anchin-sama... you're lying. ❞

❝ W-What? But I... I'm not- ❞

❝ Liar. You said that you wouldn't hide anything ever again... but you still haven't informed me of why you ran off from our first night together, Anchin-sama. Is it because I'm scary? Is it because I'm different? Back then... I'm not sure, but as of now, you haven't said the reason why... and I hate that of you. ❞

❝ That was from a long time ago, we can put that all behind us now by-... GAAH! ❞

A clean impalement through his stomach, Kiyohime continues to delve the spear through Anchin, pinning him to the ground. This all happened similarly long ago, and yet... this occurring made it feel like a day before. Stepping back to see what she had done, Kiyo observed and watched Anchin madly trying to free himself from the spear that pinned through him, keeping him in place.

❝ S-Sorry! I'm sorry, Kiyo-chan! I... I really am, so please... please! Stop this! ❞

The more she let him linger as if to see there was any differences, it only fueled her anger much more. She would probably let loose on her anger too far if she let him be for any more moments. Masses of blue flames began to take form around her, depleting her mana greatly as she figured to ensure that this illusion of Anchin was gone for good.

tumblr_ol56hqD84p1v3qowuo4_100.png

❝ I will exterminate the liar who ran from me. Tenshin, Kasyou Zanmai!

The Berserker spoke out the incantation of her Noble Phantasm, extending her hand out towards Anchin. The small forms of blue flames began to extend outwards, almost appearing like a snake-like dragon made out of those flames. Once those flames traveled on their own towards the illusion of Anchin, the embers spiraled around him, closing in with no hopes of leaving him alive. Making contact with his body, the roaring growth of these flames was loud enough to muffle the lying monk's screams. To be sure that it was through and done, she allowed these flames to continue for moments until she knew that the illusion was gone. Gone and soon with it, the mana she used for this Noble Phantasm.

She knew the consequences of using a Noble Phantasm without a Master. She used up all of the mana that was meant to keep her around for this final battle, against these illusions, and against this Dark Place. Because of that... she felt as if she wanted to take a long refreshing nap, to fall into an eternal slumber. But she knew if she let that go on, Kiyohime would be gone. Gone into the depths of the Dark Place or sent back to the Throne of Heroes into she was summoned by the Grail once more...

As the flames died out to leave only a charred lance stabbed into the ground, Kiyohime stumbled about, trying to make her way somewhere. Somewhere to assist someone with their illusion, she convinced herself. But really... she didn't want to go, she wanted to stay and help. There were some she didn't bother to care for while here, but that didn't mean she wanted to leave those that she did end up caring about. They didn't lie to her, or at least they haven't lied to her yet. After going through the lies of Anchin, she didn't want to miss the chance of sticking around someone who would never spit out a lie...

Nevertheless, she tried to move her legs, carrying herself to whoever was closest to her. A faint aura started to trail from her physical form, she didn't have much time left before her lack of mana starts truly effecting her... She had to find a Master out of this crowd quick...

Probably a strange coincidence, Reiner would notice a strange marking on the back of his hand. Almost like a bruising he may have gotten along the way.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT@thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X
@Afterlife
"Amir."

Hearing her name, the huntress turned her head to the young man who had called her.

"K-Karluk..." her voice waivered momentarily. She was stunned to see him, illusion or not.

latest

"Amir, don't look so flustered." Karluk said, moving to get closer to her.

"It feels like we've been apart for ages now, you look so tired. Like you've been fighting nonstop. I guess, it would make sense for you to be like this right?" his tone was concerned, and Amir couldn't help but momentarily forget everything else as she focused soley on him, the way he moved and looked at her with such care. He seemed to move like he had matured in some way.

Taking a breath, she didn't move, bow in hand and almost close to tears. She held them at bay though, knowing that tears could be shed later. She knew ot was an illusion, but her resolve was dwindling quickly.

"Josephine! Sorry! I... I wasn't aiming for you... Shit..."

Mason wanted to help her, but didn't have any means of medical supplies, nor magic healing.

"Powers are back online? Heck yeah!"

Mason placed the gun back into his pocket. The kickback of normal firearms left him inaccurate, but with magic-formed and magic-powered weapons, this issue disappeared. He channeled his energy into his hands. A purple aura surrounded them, forming the outline of a small firearm at his fingertips. The outline began to fill with light, but halfway through began to wobble and shake. The outline disappeared in a puff of smoke, completely destabilized.

"I don't have enough strength on my own, still. I need my necklace... I suppose I'll have to go simple."

Mason tried again, this time with his energy arcing in an L-shape, creating a simple boomerang. He drew his arm back, ready to throw it at Mother, yet something caused him surprise and to freeze in place.

To be continued...
@Atomyk @Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife

Out of the corner of her eye, Noembelu saw Amir face her illusion. "Amir, that's-!!!"

Julia's elbow connected to Noembelu's side, stopping her midsentence. Noembelu recovered quickly, rolling away a good few feet and into a crouch. She glared at the illusion, who sneered down at her.

"You could have been happy, Little Eagle." Julia started forward, slow and deliberate. "You would've lost all memories of these past three years. All that fear, all that pain...you would be the same happy little girl you were before Shadaloo took that all from you. From us. Are you really so selfish? All twelve of us would've been free. Marz would've been alive again! And you ruined it all!!!" Julia stopped right in front of Noembelu, a sadistic smile on her face.

" You really are useless."

No. No! Noembelu could feel memories coming back. Aprile losing her eye. Dio Brando beating his son. Nonononono, not now. Please! She had to fight it, she had to! Already she could feel her breath start to increase, but she had...to...fight...!

It seemed to work, but not fast enough, as Julia made a grab for one of the hatchets. At least Noembelu could get a hold on it, and the two began to wrestle for the weapon, Noembelu having a harder time due to her supressed panic attack.​

"Is this what you are looking for?"

A young lady had suddenly appeared behind Mason and wrapped a gold chain around his neck. A familiar pendant hung around the gold chain, and equally familiar was the voice that had appeared behind him. She wrapped her arms around Mason in a tight embrace and said, "It has been far too long, Sir Mason."

4bec1d02e0aaefe520c361b6d7723b3b-dbjo52e.jpg

"Lady Ilona..." Mason had frozen up, yet a smile had come across his face at the reunion. The weapon in his hand faded away, and instead his hands reached up to hold Ilona's. He closed his eyes and held her hands tightly.

When he opened his eyes, he saw his various allies struggling with their own illusions. The idea that this Ilona was an illusion entered his mind. The idea was strengthened by the fact that the Takashi that Toffee had "killed" was here once again alive, and had become an enemy. The smile melted away from Mason's face and he released Ilona's hands.

He turned around to see her and was surprised at what he saw.

"What are you wearing?"

"A new set of clothes, of course. Can I not wear new styles and manners of dress? You have changed style yourself, Sir Mason."

"I suppose you're right. But how did you get here?"

"It seems that my powers have caused me to randomly appear here. They do that sometimes. It is very unfortunate and annoying. It has caused me great strife since childhood."

"But you had my necklace. Both you and the necklace must be fake..."

"Sir Mason, are you sure you wish to question me like this?"

"Why wouldn't I be sure?"

To respond to his question, Ilona quickly leaned in and kissed Mason, once again stunning him. His face grew red. He took a step back in shock, but his feet moved no further. This was something he wanted, something he yearned for: someone to love once again.

But this wasn't right. He knew that Ilona couldn't be real. Despite that knowledge, he didn't want to let go. He broke from his daze and pulled the time traveler into a tight hug.

"Ilona, I'm sorry I left you. I should have followed. I should have stayed by you and I'm sorry that I didn't. I don't want to let you go."

"Neither do I, Sir Mason."

It seemed Mason was successfully ensnared in this illusion.

@Yun Lee @Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife​
Reiner Braun

As the zombie hordes only grew despite their best efforts... Reiner was ready to fight to the bitter end... Like any soldier. Though, even despite this, he faltered when he noticed someone rising amongst the zombies; "mother"... And this time, she had backup. There were some the zombie creatures were turning into that he recognized from his time spent in the afterlife, others completely unfamiliar... But it seemed that they all shared a malicious intent towards at least one particular target.

Intending to help out as many as he could, Reiner prepared to rush into the fray, only to be stopped by the abrupt shout of someone very familiar...

n4FfPGz.png

"Reiner!" She cried out.

"Christa?" He said, in surprise.

Even though she was an illusion Reiner couldn't help but falter in his actions, unable to kill her, let alone fight her... It was just... Too convincing, and it seemed that something in him just couldn't do it...

"Why did you do it? Why?!" She asked, evidently mad at him.

This seemed to stirr something in Reiner... A deep sense of guilt... But... About what?

"I... Don't...-" He started to protest.

However, before he could even finish what he was saying Christa suddenly charged him... And with what was evidently a set of 3DMG, she had the advantage.

Raising his hands defensively, Reiner tried to protect himself against a nearly lethal swing with her blades, as he felt more and more wounds opening up on his body... Yet... He still just stood there, rather than doing anything.

"How can you even call yourself a soldier?! You killed all those people!"

This caused him to freeze up, suddenly recalling that strange dream where he rammed into Wall Maria... And that other one, where he had been immobilized by titans.

Could it be... Was he... The enemy he swore to fight as a soldier?

As their powers began to return to them, Reiner's injuries began to emit distinct gusts of steam, as some sort of strange energy crackled around him.

1HsmMbL.gif

Realizing what this meant, Reiner stared blankly, in no direction in particular, waiting for Christa to finish him off before he could transform. Though, at the last second... He heard Kiyo's shout as she impaled someone, evidently an illusion of sorts snapped him back to reality. Well, sort of; he narrowly dodged an incoming slash that could have severed his head, noticing that she was fading.

Realizing what was happening, Reiner yelled out to her, reaching out his intact as he stumbled towards her in an attempt to reach her... Which strangely enough, seemed to have developed some sort of strange marking... A bruise?

"No!..." cried out in vain.

Then... It happened; for the first time since arriving in this place, Reiner was struck by what looked like a lightning bolt, its force blowing Christa, and a few other undead stragglers back... Before it lifted, revealing his titan form.

yrnyvxX.png

However, as he had been reaching out towards Kiyo when he transformed... The large, fleshy, and armor plated hand of his titan form ended up grasping hold of Kiyo gently, as if it would somehow stop her from disappearing alltogether.

Christa seemed to be fuming that she had missed her killing stroke, but she was already preparing for another... Though this time, she would likely find it much harder to hurt Reiner, given that he had successfully transformed...

Ruby Rose

Ruby was relentless in slaghtering the undead, but the appearance of "mother", and the sudden changes various zombies began to undergo seemed to split her attention. At first, she intended to go after "mother" herself, or save Reiner from one of these illusions' relentless attacks, but seeing that he turned into a giant... Armored humanoid beast that... Looked familiar somehow.

Sweeping her gaze around the area, seeing that there were others in danger, she noticed that Mason was occupied by an illusion of Ilona... But a more pressing matter was at hand; Noembelu was succumbing to what appeared to be a panic attack, induced by an illusion that was evidently very familiar to her...

"Leave her aloooone!" She cried out.

Then, without any further thought, Ruby was quick to act, quickly rushing Noembelu's attacker, attempting to knock her down... With all the momentum she could muster from using her scythe in combination with her semblance.

@Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Atomyk @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore
@Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.