Status
Not open for further replies.
Takashi pulled back from Saeko to give Black Panther and Reiner suspicious glances. He eyes them for a moment as if judging them before he spoke again. "We stumbled across some kind of science facility where they had been doing strange experiments. I may not understand what went on there... but they had made a cure. Everything will be right again soon."

It was then that more individuals began to approach, stumbling across the ground as if drunk. It only took a few seconds to gather what was really happening here. "They occurred," Takashi said, looking to Kiyohime.

nTtA5Qd.jpg

The infected people looked out for blood as they approached the group.

"Damn it... we don't have weapons!" Billy exclaimed.

Takashi held one protective arm around Saeko. He seemed of a mind to pull her away from the crowd. "I'll protect you, no matter what."

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

"Sigma Klim."

The diplomat smiled as she consoled the man. Giving his space by stepping back, she spoke.

"You must be very confused, Marker knows I'm still am slightly. You and I, we knew each other by different names. We were caught in illusions. You and I, we were important to each other."

The young woman paused.

"I'll give you your space, but even know we're strangers, you can always come to me, if it please you."

@Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife​

@Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

This wasn't good. Noembelu looked to Saeko. "You have to reject this," she told the swordswoman. "If you don't, we'll all die." If it came to the worst case, she could at least try to fend of zombies barehanded, but there was only so much she could do.​
tumblr_oii76zMXhO1v3qowuo9_100.png

Y-Yes... think of something quick! Before it's too late. ❞

As Kiyohime didn't specify what she meant by this, it was bound to be clear for Saeko. They had a limited time to break this illusion before it would tear them apart. It was already a problem that they were unarmed and without their powers, and dealing with an incoming threat in this state wasn't exactly... favorable.

@Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X
@Afterlife

The woman cried out in rage at Kyoko's attack. While she didn't seem to react in pain, her body shivered and her cut arm slowed its regeneration when Kyoko attacked the mass. In a few second, her arm had recovered and she dropped to her hands and feet so that the mass was below her. She reached out and grabbed Kyoko by the head, squeezing the girl's head and pulling her toward herself.

Teddy came in to attack the arm, but Mrs. Baker strangely reached out with her leg and grabbed hold of the shovel. Teddy grunted as he proceeded to try and pull the shovel free.

@ShiroKiyoshi @Verite @Kaykay

@Greenhouse

The almost spider-like woman was able to use her legs like arms too then. This time, making use of the woman's occupation with Kyoko and Teddy, Beatrice attempted to go straight for the head. Hopefully it would stop her, at least for a little longer than slicing her arm had.

@ShiroKiyoshi @Verite @Atomyk @Greenhouse​

@Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

This wasn't good. Noembelu looked to Saeko. "You have to reject this," she told the swordswoman. "If you don't, we'll all die." If it came to the worst case, she could at least try to fend of zombies barehanded, but there was only so much she could do.​

"Look at the absurdity," T'Challa added. "A secret facility conveniently holding the cure against...that?" He motioned towards the horde that was closing in. "It is too easy, too perfect. Look for the cracks and destroy it."​

Toffee simply stood there silently. There really wasn't much he could contribute here, so he just hoped that Saeko wasn't dumb enough to give into the temptation of this illusion.

@Minerva @Atomyk @Josh M @Yun Lee @Jeremi @afterlife​

Takashi pulled back from Saeko to give Black Panther and Reiner suspicious glances. He eyes them for a moment as if judging them before he spoke again. "We stumbled across some kind of science facility where they had been doing strange experiments. I may not understand what went on there... but they had made a cure. Everything will be right again soon."

It was then that more individuals began to approach, stumbling across the ground as if drunk. It only took a few seconds to gather what was really happening here. "They occurred," Takashi said, looking to Kiyohime.

nTtA5Qd.jpg

Takashi held one protective arm around Saeko. He seemed of a mind to pull her away from the crowd. "I'll protect you, no matter what."

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

As Kiyohime didn't specify what she meant by this, it was bound to be clear for Saeko. They had a limited time to break this illusion before it would tear them apart. It was already a problem that they were unarmed and without their powers, and dealing with an incoming threat in this state wasn't exactly... favorable.

@Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X
@Afterlife

"Look at the absurdity," T'Challa added. "A secret facility conveniently holding the cure against...that?" He motioned towards the horde that was closing in. "It is too easy, too perfect. Look for the cracks and destroy it."​

"Saeko, remember why you conyinue to fight! You want to defend your homeland? Well, this isn't your home! This is just an illusion! Fight through it so we can find your real home and protect it! You're stronger than the illusions, Saeko!"

@Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife​

"Dude..." Owen looked up the ladder before looking back at Phil. "You're the oldest of us and you have weapons. I almost fell, so... people could be dying, and I don't feel very hot about leaving them anymore."

@Leon Moretti @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Batter

The woman's arm was cut cleanly, but in mere seconds it was regrowing back. She was in an awkward position where she couldn't swing her other arm, but she was deft enough to throw her body in Beatrice's direction in an attempt to knock the girl away.

@Greenhouse

Takashi held Saeko close, pulling her tightly against his chest. It didn't matter if this was hurting her, for he needed her warmth. He needed to smell her and know she was real. He'd come so close to falling into despair.

"They're fine," he said, "just fine."

He buried his face into her neck and waited a long moment.

"... I thought you were going to miss it. The dawn of a new age." He pulled back and spoke softly into her ear. "You went missing just when we'd found something to fix the world. I came to find you... and now... here we are. We can turn them back to how they were before everything started. The world will be made whole again."

T'Challa saw the glance Noemblu gave him. "Perhaps we can save the pleasantries until later? I know finding a lost friend is cause for celebration but there is a time and place for everything."​

"Interesting..." T'Challa mused. "How did you stumble upon this miracle cure of yours?"​

Given with how it all revolved around Saeko, the Berserker was able to tell that this illusion was geared towards her. While they would have to figure out on how to break this illusion, Kiyohime supposed on fishing on some pointers on what was happening.

tumblr_oii5wt1RiA1v3qowuo8_75sq.png

❝ I hope this isn't too out there, but what exactly occurred to need a "fix to the world." I happen to travel a lot, so I may not know of... this. ❞

Of course, Kiyohime didn't like the idea of lying and all, but she was partially true with her words. They were technically traveling from one illusion and then towards another one. Besides... she was truly oblivious to what was supposed to be taking place in this illusion.

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X

@Afterlife
So, that's how it had to be, huh. Owen shook his head at Phil and braved the ladder once again, this time reaching the top without falling.

"... We're gonna need that damn flamethrower!" he yelled down.

The woman cried out in rage at Kyoko's attack. While she didn't seem to react in pain, her body shivered and her cut arm slowed its regeneration when Kyoko attacked the mass. In a few second, her arm had recovered and she dropped to her hands and feet so that the mass was below her. She reached out and grabbed Kyoko by the head, squeezing the girl's head and pulling her toward herself.

Teddy came in to attack the arm, but Mrs. Baker strangely reached out with her leg and grabbed hold of the shovel. Teddy grunted as he proceeded to try and pull the shovel free.

@Greenhouse

nTtA5Qd.jpg

5646713810ae48cd9dfb1a3863d110ff5776e979_hq.gif

Saeko was calm in his arms. SHe had almost forgotten it was an illusion for a moment. She had fallen out of her stoicism. The talk of a cure? It seemed as preposterous, and wasn't Takashi in love with Rei? And then They came. Takashi still held on to her.

Saeko was a strong woman, but this was all wrong. She fought to protect Takashi and take back the world. This was also too convenient, and where was everyone else? All of this was wrong.

Her hand tightened and she pushed away from Takashi. She took one step forward. "No. I'll fight for myself. I'll protect you." She said, maintaining her composure.

@Afterlife

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"Final Round"

The two blades lodged into the mutated woman's head, not killing her, but blinding her momentarily. She let go of Kyoko and cried out in rage. "You nasty little children!" she roared.

Once Owen had the flamethrower in hand, he gripped the thing like it was some protective stuffed animal. He approached the group fighting Mrs. Baker and yelled for them to get back. He yelled out again once he started to fire, dowsing the woman in flames. She truly screamed then, sounding like she was in real pain.

Owen did not relent however and trained the flamethrower's nozzle squarely at the woman, following her as she stumbled about. Down on the first floor, the insect horde was dying, as were all the insects lurking about in the bowels of the greenhouse. Owen did not let up until the flamethrower clicked empty.

Burning and battered, the woman stood up weakly. She took a few staggered steps forward before dropping to her knees. "It would have been so much easier... if you'd just accepted Evie's gift..." Her body then turned hard and stone-like.

42ToruB.jpg

"..."

kiri010.png

Evie's gift?

The woman's dying words mystified Kyoko, just a tad overshadowing her petrification at the sight of the woman turning to stone, as though she gazed into the eyes of a gorgon, before--

Just when it seemed possible she might still be alive, Mrs. Baker burst into tiny shards. Within the mess that remained was a key card, the one Lucas had likely mentioned. "It's hard to believe these people can die at all," Teddy said, gingerly grabbing the key card.

Letting out a shuddering breath, Owen nodded and went back to hand The Batter his flamethrower back. Though all the initial fuel had been used, the extra that had been found made it still usable. Bullet went ahead and gave Klein his gun back as well, whether it was useless or not.

Teddy briefly stopped the group to grab some of the green herbs that Kyoko had found and used the medicine guide he found to create a kind of paste that soothed wounds back at the trailer. Noot Noot helped him apply the paste to the group's various cuts and wounds, especially Leon's sore bullet wounds.

Using her two coins, Kyoko opened the final compartment of the case to find a machine gun.

hI5BNMU.jpg

There was enough ammo for her to fire off the weapon for a good while.

kiri014.png

Hmph. In a manner of speaking, it was a crude thought, Kyoko Kirigiri with a machine gun in hand, but desperate times called for desperate measures. She didn't have much experience with firearms, much less a big machine gun like that, but she figured she could make do, and if she couldn't, she could simply hand it off to someone who could handle it better.

Once the group was ready, they went back outside to insert the key card into the strange door that led into a building not seemingly connected to the main house. They had to proceed up a staircase, accompanied by some kind of club music no one could identify. At the top, the walls were covered in neon paint, and a word could be discerned from it: Final Round.

Stepping inside, the group was greeted by a small room. A monitor attached to the wall turned on, showing Lucas' mug. He smiled.

"Final round, fellas. Good work getting past mom. Dumb bitch tried to screw with my game! Everyone having fun?" He leaned in close to the screen. "'Cause, that's the whole point of this, as I've been tellin' you."

ztzxPRK.jpg

"You don't even 'preciate it, do ya? Have you not understood the work I've put in, just for all of y'all? The time, the dedication... What's the point of it all if I didn't get to put y'all through it? A game's no fun if it don't get played! Now, now, you're almost done, ya hear? I--"

Lucas suddenly paused, looking away from the screen. He seemed to be eyeing someone. "... Hold your horses, Evie! I'm just tryin' to--" There was a single moment of fear apparent on Lucas' face before he closed his eyes. "I know, Evie, I know! I'm just messin' around, okay? If it was such a problem, why haven't you stopped me yet?" Lucas waited a moment. "... Yeah, I thought so."

Lucas opened his eyes and looked back at the screen. "Well, here's the deal. Get through one last round, and whoever remains gets the prize. Simple enough for ya? Now get damn movin'!"

Kyoko narrowed her eyes. There was that name again. Evie. If the "Final Round" paint and Lucas showing his face wasn't enough, then surely, this "Evie" must be a greater sign that they were indeed approaching endgame. But... Who was this Evie anyway? And what relation did she have to Lucas? And to this game?

Lucas' face was replaced with a map that directed the group down some long corridors and to a large, open area. Teddy turned to the others. "Before we head out... is everyone ready? We'll have to be ready for traps, monsters... whatever Lucas has waiting."

"Well, we've faced all those in succession before. We can only hope that Lucas doesn't have one final trump card up his sleeve to top off everything," Kyoko said, putting a hand on her hip. "I'm ready as I'll ever be," she continued, before facing everyone else to gauge their response.

"We need to try and save Zoe," Bullet said, sounding tired. She looked away from the others and eyed the exit door.

@Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter

"We'll... talk more about this later," Sigma said to Josephine, backing up from the approaching horde.

Takashi looked confused and angry, but it seemed not enough to break this illusion. He grabbed his rifle and started firing on the horde, taking a few steps back every free moment. It wasn't long before he had separated from the group. "Saeko!" he yelled, lowering his rifle. "Come!"

He knew him alone wasn't enough to stop the mass. He was trying to convey to Saeko that if she didn't come with him, she would die.

But, perhaps those were not the only possible outcomes from this.

An infected was tossed through the air, its head collapsing as it slammed into the ground. Someone was tossing and punching the monsters like a one-man army. It was a man very familiar to Noembelu, for it was none other than Edmond Honda.

That wasn't all, for someone then dropped in the middle of the group, releasing an array of weaponry on the ground for them to use. Swords, guns, knives, clubs, all sorts of weapons that would be better than their bare hands. The one who had dropped the weaponry was just a young girl carrying some kind of large scythe...

Continued here.

@Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore

Last edited:
"We'll... talk more about this later," Sigma said to Josephine, backing up from the approaching horde.

Takashi looked confused and angry, but it seemed not enough to break this illusion. He grabbed his rifle and started firing on the horde, taking a few steps back every free moment. It wasn't long before he had separated from the group. "Saeko!" he yelled, lowering his rifle. "Come!"

He knew him alone wasn't enough to stop the mass. He was trying to convey to Saeko that if she didn't come with him, she would die.

An infected was tossed through the air, its head collapsing as it slammed into the ground. Someone was tossing and punching the monsters like a one-man army. It was a man very familiar to Noembelu, for it was none other than Edmond Honda.

That wasn't all, for someone then dropped in the middle of the group, releasing an array of weaponry on the ground for them to use. Swords, guns, knives, clubs, all sorts of weapons that would be better than their bare hands. The one who had dropped the weaponry was just a young girl carrying some kind of large scythe...

@Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore

A young girl with a large scythe? Mason recognized such a person. There was only one scythe wielder he could think of.

"Ruby! Perfect timing! Please don't be some kind of illusion! Thanks for the ammo!"

Mason took a few knives and hid them within the pockets if his coat, as well as a pistol. He readied his pistol and took a deep breath. "They're just zombies. We've already fought and killed much deadlier things." He fired shots into the infected hoarde, aiming for headshots...

With about 50% accuracy. It was almost like the head is a smaller target than an entire body, and focusing in headshots is actually a waste of time. He could kill some infected, at least. Let's just hope there are no allies between him and the zombies.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife​

It was too good to be true. It had to be. This had to be another trick, an illusion, fooling her into staying. It wasn't real, it couldn't be. He was dead.

And yet...Noembelu felt something, deep inside her, as if the wall she'd put up around her heart cracked. Illusion or not, it was him. He looked every bit like he did when she met him, every bit like he did when he left. And here she never thought she would see him again.

Noembelu ran to the weapons, picking up two hatchets-not hers, but they felt familiar enough. "Take care," she told Amir before running to the sumo wrestler, cutting zombies down as she made her way to him. "Honda!" She called out to him, not knowing what else to say. All she could feel was happiness just to know he was there.​

A young girl with a large scythe? Mason recognized such a person. There was only one scythe wielder he could think of.

"Ruby! Perfect timing! Please don't be some kind of illusion! Thanks for the ammo!"

Mason took a few knives and hid them within the pockets if his coat, as well as a pistol. He readied his pistol and took a deep breath. "They're just zombies. We've already fought and killed much deadlier things." He fired shots into the infected hoarde, aiming for headshots...

With about 50% accuracy. It was almost like the head is a smaller target than an entire body, and focusing in headshots is actually a waste of time. He could kill some infected, at least. Let's just hope there are no allies between him and the zombies.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife​

It was too good to be true. It had to be. This had to be another trick, an illusion, fooling her into staying. It wasn't real, it couldn't be. He was dead.

And yet...Noembelu felt something, deep inside her, as if the wall she'd put up around her heart cracked. Illusion or not, it was him. He looked every bit like he did when she met him, every bit like he did when he left. And here she never thought she would see him again.

Noembelu ran to the weapons, picking up two hatchets-not hers, but they felt familiar enough. "Take care," she told Amir before running to the sumo wrestler, cutting zombies down as she made her way to him. "Honda!" She called out to him, not knowing what else to say. All she could feel was happiness just to know he was there.​
Was... was this supposed to be a part of the illusion? Kiyohime couldn't be sure of it, especially at this urgent time against an incoming threat. Though, she might as well take the notion to fight back while they can, better to do so than to perish. Strange that the assortment of weapons was quite varied, but the Berserker found herself taking a lance for herself. It wasn't close to a naginata that she would've felt more comfortable with, but it'll do.

tumblr_ol56l5tONi1v3qowuo10_100.png

❝ For all the running we've been doing... I'll take this chance to get out some frustration from my being. ❞

Gripping the handle pole of the lance, Kiyohime charged to impale several zombies at once, and doing so to fling them aside to remove said zombies from her lance. Knowing that this would be the time to act or they'll face death in an illusion, Kiyohime turned towards Reiner.

❝ Care to lend some assistance, hm? ❞

@Josh M @Takumi @Atomyk @Bomb @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore
@Afterlife

Reactions: Mason Moretti

Honda? Ruby? Weren't these people that Wanda had killed? This was certainly an illusion, no doubt. Well, despite this, Toffee still took two pistols and a sword to help defend himself against these creatures. Before he did any actual fighting, however, Toffee placed a single hand on Noembelu's shoulder before she made her way over to Honda.

"Look, I know he's your friend, but this is most definitely an illusion conjured up by this entity." Toffee stated to Noembelu with the same usual calm demeanor. He knew about how Noembelu felt about him, but she hoped that she wouldn't let her personal feelings towards Honda or himself get in the way ignore listening to reason.

@Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Atomyk @afterlife

"GAHAHAHA!!!"

Toffee would feel a very powerful slap on his back. Right behind him stood Edmond Honda, laughing heartily. "I know you may not trust us, but me and Ruby are the real deal! ...I think. This is my first time dying, so I have no idea how any of this works, gahaha!!!"

"It...it really is you..." Noembelu felt tears starting to come on, but halted as she heard a zombie behind her, quickly dispatching it.

"Man, we could've used you back in America! I never told you that story, did I?" Honda sighed, grabbing a zombie and tossing it into two others oncoming. "There's a lot I didn't get to tell you, Noey. And a lot I should have! I'm sorry you got wrapped up in all this, I tried to keep you safe, and-huh?"

He was caught off guard by something he'd never seen Noembelu do-hug him. "I'm just happy to see you," she said, voice barely a whisper.

Honda smiled, returning the hug, before pulling them apart, hands on her shoulders. "Let's get these zombies outta here before you die again, okay?"

She laughed, and nodded, a smile on her face. Wielding her hatchets, Noembelu stood back to back with the sumo and took to the infected crowd again, while Honda picked up a lead pipe. "This brings back memories!! Yaah!!!" He began whacking left and right, the two working in perfect harmony to fight the enemy.​

Reactions: Mason Moretti

"GAHAHAHA!!!"

Toffee would feel a very powerful slap on his back. Right behind him stood Edmond Honda, laughing heartily. "I know you may not trust us, but me and Ruby are the real deal! ...I think. This is my first time dying, so I have no idea how any of this works, gahaha!!!"

"It...it really is you..." Noembelu felt tears starting to come on, but halted as she heard a zombie behind her, quickly dispatching it.

"Man, we could've used you back in America! I never told you that story, did I?" Honda sighed, grabbing a zombie and tossing it into two others oncoming. "There's a lot I didn't get to tell you, Noey. And a lot I should have! I'm sorry you got wrapped up in all this, I tried to keep you safe, and-huh?"

He was caught off guard by something he'd never seen Noembelu do-hug him. "I'm just happy to see you," she said, voice barely a whisper.

Honda smiled, returning the hug, before pulling them apart, hands on her shoulders. "Let's get these zombies outta here before you die again, okay?"

She laughed, and nodded, a smile on her face. Wielding her hatchets, Noembelu stood back to back with the sumo and took to the infected crowd again, while Honda picked up a lead pipe. "This brings back memories!! Yaah!!!" He began whacking left and right, the two working in perfect harmony to fight the enemy.​
As Toffee was trying to get his point across, he was suddenly slapped on the back by Honda himself, causing him to stumble forward a bit. After grumbling under his breath, the lizard would brush himself off and nod to Honda.

"Right.... well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Honda. You may call me Toffee." The Septarian said as he watched Honda totally fucking destroy those zombies. "Well, I suppose we can save more formal introductions for later." Toffee said before pulling out his sword and slashing zombies along with Noembelu and Honda, sticking close to them for the time being.

@Yun Lee @Atomyk @afterlife

Continued from here.

Mid-chapter Update
"Final Round"

The two blades lodged into the mutated woman's head, not killing her, but blinding her momentarily. She let go of Kyoko and cried out in rage. "You nasty little children!" she roared.

Once Owen had the flamethrower in hand, he gripped the thing like it was some protective stuffed animal. He approached the group fighting Mrs. Baker and yelled for them to get back. He yelled out again once he started to fire, dowsing the woman in flames. She truly screamed then, sounding like she was in real pain.

Owen did not relent however and trained the flamethrower's nozzle squarely at the woman, following her as she stumbled about. Down on the first floor, the insect horde was dying, as were all the insects lurking about in the bowels of the greenhouse. Owen did not let up until the flamethrower clicked empty.

Burning and battered, the woman stood up weakly. She took a few staggered steps forward before dropping to her knees. "It would have been so much easier... if you'd just accepted Evie's gift..." Her body then turned hard and stone-like.

42ToruB.jpg

"..."

kiri010.png

Evie's gift?

The woman's dying words mystified Kyoko, just a tad overshadowing her petrification at the sight of the woman turning to stone, as though she gazed into the eyes of a gorgon, before--

Just when it seemed possible she might still be alive, Mrs. Baker burst into tiny shards. Within the mess that remained was a key card, the one Lucas had likely mentioned. "It's hard to believe these people can die at all," Teddy said, gingerly grabbing the key card.

Letting out a shuddering breath, Owen nodded and went back to hand The Batter his flamethrower back. Though all the initial fuel had been used, the extra that had been found made it still usable. Bullet went ahead and gave Klein his gun back as well, whether it was useless or not.

Teddy briefly stopped the group to grab some of the green herbs that Kyoko had found and used the medicine guide he found to create a kind of paste that soothed wounds back at the trailer. Noot Noot helped him apply the paste to the group's various cuts and wounds, especially Leon's sore bullet wounds.

Using her two coins, Kyoko opened the final compartment of the case to find a machine gun.

hI5BNMU.jpg

kiri014.png

Hmph. In a manner of speaking, it was a crude thought, Kyoko Kirigiri with a machine gun in hand, but desperate times called for desperate measures. She didn't have much experience with firearms, much less a big machine gun like that, but she figured she could make do, and if she couldn't, she could simply hand it off to someone who could handle it better.

Once the group was ready, they went back outside to insert the key card into the strange door that led into a building not seemingly connected to the main house. They had to proceed up a staircase, accompanied by some kind of club music no one could identify. At the top, the walls were covered in neon paint, and a word could be discerned from it: Final Round.

Stepping inside, the group was greeted by a small room. A monitor attached to the wall turned on, showing Lucas' mug. He smiled.

"Final round, fellas. Good work getting past mom. Dumb bitch tried to screw with my game! Everyone having fun?" He leaned in close to the screen. "'Cause, that's the whole point of this, as I've been tellin' you."

ztzxPRK.jpg

"You don't even 'preciate it, do ya? Have you not understood the work I've put in, just for all of y'all? The time, the dedication... What's the point of it all if I didn't get to put y'all through it? A game's no fun if it don't get played! Now, now, you're almost done, ya hear? I--"

Lucas suddenly paused, looking away from the screen. He seemed to be eyeing someone. "... Hold your horses, Evie! I'm just tryin' to--" There was a single moment of fear apparent on Lucas' face before he closed his eyes. "I know, Evie, I know! I'm just messin' around, okay? If it was such a problem, why haven't you stopped me yet?" Lucas waited a moment. "... Yeah, I thought so."

Lucas opened his eyes and looked back at the screen. "Well, here's the deal. Get through one last round, and whoever remains gets the prize. Simple enough for ya? Now get damn movin'!"

Kyoko narrowed her eyes. There was that name again. Evie. If the "Final Round" paint and Lucas showing his face wasn't enough, then surely, this "Evie" must be a greater sign that they were indeed approaching endgame. But... Who was this Evie anyway? And what relation did she have to Lucas? And to this game?

Lucas' face was replaced with a map that directed the group down some long corridors and to a large, open area. Teddy turned to the others. "Before we head out... is everyone ready? We'll have to be ready for traps, monsters... whatever Lucas has waiting."

"Well, we've faced all those in succession before. We can only hope that Lucas doesn't have one final trump card up his sleeve to top off everything," Kyoko said, putting a hand on her hip. "I'm ready as I'll ever be," she continued, before facing everyone else to gauge their response.

"We need to try and save Zoe," Bullet said, sounding tired. She looked away from the others and eyed the exit door.

@Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter

Klein came out of his hole when he heard the shrieks. His song stopped abruptly as he dropped down and turned on his heels to see the woman burning alive. He started getting closer before chopping her head off and yanking his blades out of it. Her screams turned into whispers as she turned into stone. Klein crossed his arms before jumping when she exploded. "As I was saying, lovely lady." He said as he picked up her head examining it for a second before tossing it aside. Bullet then came to him with the shotgun. "Ah, thanks I guess." Klein said as he sheathed his weapons after wiping them off with his single sleeve. He then took the shotgun from Bullet and rejoined the group. "On a scale of great to shit how are you feeling Bullet?"

The shadow seemed to calm down when Bullet approached with the gun and the crying child took a breath when the woman died, but now all three were confused as the music pounded their ears. "What is this noise? It's... disruptive." However, his attention was drawn to the the phrase Final Round as the passed it and then to a monitor. Klein's stare was like a blade trying to pierce the monitor they stared at, his shadow breathed heavily in front of it, and the child pounded the thing, but to no avail. The group then seemed to be looking for answers as if they were about to go to war.

"If it's a fight, I might be in... if you all don't soil yourselves first." Klein said with a shrug and smirk.

Continued from here.

Mid-chapter Update
"Final Round"

42ToruB.jpg

"..."

kiri010.png

Evie's gift?

hI5BNMU.jpg

kiri014.png

ztzxPRK.jpg

"GAHAHAHA!!!"

Saeko picked up a pistol and another katana that had fallen on the ground before slicing a zombie. She looked at Honda. "Keep them safe. I have an idea, and I intend to follow through with it." She said to him about the group.

She then went to chase down Takashi. She had a plan. Someone could follow her if she wanted.

Last edited:
Given with how it all revolved around Saeko, the Berserker was able to tell that this illusion was geared towards her. While they would have to figure out on how to break this illusion, Kiyohime supposed on fishing on some pointers on what was happening.

tumblr_oii5wt1RiA1v3qowuo8_75sq.png

❝ I hope this isn't too out there, but what exactly occurred to need a "fix to the world." I happen to travel a lot, so I may not know of... this. ❞

Of course, Kiyohime didn't like the idea of lying and all, but she was partially true with her words. They were technically traveling from one illusion and then towards another one. Besides... she was truly oblivious to what was supposed to be taking place in this illusion.

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Bomb @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X

@Afterlife
So, that's how it had to be, huh. Owen shook his head at Phil and braved the ladder once again, this time reaching the top without falling.

"... We're gonna need that damn flamethrower!" he yelled down.

@Greenhouse

nTtA5Qd.jpg

"Sigma Klim."

The diplomat smiled as she consoled the man. Giving him space by stepping back, she spoke, "You must be very confused, Maker knows I still am, slightly. You and I, we knew each other by different names. We were caught in illusions. You and I, we were important to each other."

The young woman paused.

"I'll give you your space, but even though we're strangers, you can always come to me, if it pleases you."

@Afterlife

Toffee simply stood there silently. There really wasn't much he could contribute here, so he just hoped that Saeko wasn't dumb enough to give into the temptation of this illusion.

@Minerva @Atomyk @Josh M @Yun Lee @Jeremi @afterlife​
"Saeko, remember why you conyinue to fight! You want to defend your homeland? Well, this isn't your home! This is just an illusion! Fight through it so we can find your real home and protect it! You're stronger than the illusions, Saeko!"

5646713810ae48cd9dfb1a3863d110ff5776e979_hq.gif

Saeko was calm in his arms. SHe had almost forgotten it was an illusion for a moment. She had fallen out of her stoicism. The talk of a cure? It seemed as preposterous, and wasn't Takashi in love with Rei? And then They came. Takashi still held on to her.

Saeko was a strong woman, but this was all wrong. She fought to protect Takashi and take back the world. This was also too convenient, and where was everyone else? All of this was wrong.

Her hand tightened and she pushed away from Takashi. She took one step forward. "No. I'll fight for myself. I'll protect you." She said, maintaining her composure.

@Afterlife
Continued from here.

Mid-chapter Update
"Final Round"

42ToruB.jpg

"..."

kiri010.png

Evie's gift?

hI5BNMU.jpg

kiri014.png

ztzxPRK.jpg

Was... was this supposed to be a part of the illusion? Kiyohime couldn't be sure of it, especially at this urgent time against an incoming threat. Though, she might as well take the notion to fight back while they can, better to do so than to perish. Strange that the assortment of weapons was quite varied, but the Berserker found herself taking a lance for herself. It wasn't close to a naginata that she would've felt more comfortable with, but it'll do.

tumblr_ol56l5tONi1v3qowuo10_100.png

❝ For all the running we've been doing... I'll take this chance to get out some frustration from my being. ❞

Gripping the handle pole of the lance, Kiyohime charged to impale several zombies at once, and doing so to fling them aside to remove said zombies from her lance. Knowing that this would be the time to act or they'll face death in an illusion, Kiyohime turned towards Reiner.

❝ Care to lend some assistance, hm? ❞

@Josh M @Takumi @Atomyk @Bomb @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore
@Afterlife
Honda? Ruby? Weren't these people that Wanda had killed? This was certainly an illusion, no doubt. Well, despite this, Toffee still took two pistols and a sword to help defend himself against these creatures. Before he did any actual fighting, however, Toffee placed a single hand on Noembelu's shoulder before she made her way over to Honda.

"Look, I know he's your friend, but this is most definitely an illusion conjured up by this entity." Toffee stated to Noembelu with the same usual calm demeanor. He knew about how Noembelu felt about him, but she hoped that she wouldn't let her personal feelings towards Honda or himself get in the way ignore listening to reason.

@Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Atomyk @afterlife

"GAHAHAHA!!!"

As Toffee was trying to get his point across, he was suddenly slapped on the back by Honda himself, causing him to stumble forward a bit. After grumbling under his breath, the lizard would brush himself off and nod to Honda.

"Right.... well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Honda. You may call me Toffee." The Septarian said as he watched Honda totally fucking destroy those zombies. "Well, I suppose we can save more formal introductions for later." Toffee said before pulling out his sword and slashing zombies along with Noembelu and Honda, sticking close to them for the time being.

@Yun Lee @Atomyk @afterlife
Saeko picked up another katana that had fallen on the ground before slicing a zombie. She looked at Honda. "Keep them safe. I have an idea, and I intend to follow through with it." She said to him about the group.

She then went to chase down Takashi. She had a plan. Someone could follow her if she wanted.

Reiner Braun

Reiner didn't even have time to question the answer he got, as humanoid creatures surrounded them from all directions. Though he knew this was an illusion, he remembered what Wanda said... About how even illusions, can become very real in this place; this meant that they could still die here... And it was uncertain what would happen after that...

TW595Wo.png

However, considering the sheer number of creatures there were, Reiner wasn't too confident they'd make it... But nonetheless, he lined himself up, prepared to ram through as many as he could, with little regard to his safety.

Though, before he could charge forwards, he froze... Noticing two distinct people. One was punching his was through horde's of these creatures, with moves that almost resembled something of a titan shifter's... Meanwhile there was another, younger person, dressed in black and red, who dropped a load of weapons at their feet before resuming cleaving her way through the undead horde.

It was quite the sight to behold, so much so that he was frozen in his spot for a while, at least until Kiyo herself hopped into the fray... With a spear in hand, and shouted out to Reiner to lend her a hand, quickly snapping him out of his momentary trance.

5kRLjvk.png

"Right! I won't let anyone die... Not again!" He shouted.

With that, he quickly leaped into action... Rushing forwards as he grabbed two swords, weapons he was the most familiar with, before heading to Kiyo's side. Then, he began cleaving his way through as many of the creature's as possible... Making good use of his 3DMG training, as he tried to behead as many of these creatures as he could.

Though his movements were a little hampered without a proper sed of 3DMG, he was certainly quite the killing machine... But perhaps this was to be expected from a soldier like him... If he even was one anyways.

Ruby Rose

vwFOAAL.gif

In response to her name, the young girl, who Mason had quickly identified as Ruby, quickly looked up at Mason, giving him a brief smile and a thumbs up. Though she opened her mouth to say something, a nearby zombie that lunged at her distracted her for the moment... At least the moment that it took for her to spin around a little and slice its head off with her scythe.

"Masooon! It's great seeing you!"
She shouted.

There was a brief pause as she cleaved through a few more zombies headed in her general direction before she spoke some more.

"There's so much I have to tell you guys! I-..."

Another interruption as a slightly larger horde of zombies came her way, who met a similar fate as the last ones... Though evidently it was getting harder to keep them at bay, at least long enough to really talk too much.

"IIII... Will-talk-later! It's zombie fighting time!" She said quickly.

Then, she was off... In a blurr of red and rose petals, she began to thin the zombie numbers as best as she could... Even firing a few shots from her crescent rose, though she seemed to be refraining from shooting her weapon too much; looks like dust ammunition was a bit scarce around these parts.

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @Atomyk @Takumi @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X
@Afterlife

As the group started on their way, Bullet fell in beside Klein. "Still feeling like shit," she muttered.

The group, at this point, were on high alert for traps. Lucas had a series of wire traps set to explode if anyone tripped them, but it seemed uninspired compared to everything else he had presented before. They passed by them easily, eventually reaching their destination, which turned out to be the inside of a large barn.

Most of the inside of the barn had been torn out at some point, leaving a large open area of hay and manure. What appeared to be an elevator was off to the left of the barn, closed off for now. Up above were strobe lights set across the walls, bathing the barn in a bright light. They illuminated the strange sight of a cage that was suspended from the ceiling. Inside was a girl, who crawled to the edge of the cage and looked down at the group.

"Zoe!" Bullet cried, waving up at her.

Zoe had hate in her eyes. "Lucas, that son of a bitch--"

Deafening music began to play throughout the barn.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the baaaarrrn fiiiigggghhhht! Remember to keep it clean, fellas-- we have rules!"

"Is that a fucking joke?" Bullet exclaimed, looking around.

"My sister's lookin' like a mighty good snack, don't you think? A couple friends think so, and they're comin' onnnn doooowwwwn!"

Creatures that looked similar to the ones from before crawled down the side of the barn on all-fours, converging on the group.

@Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Barn

Takashi backed away from Saeko, unsure if he liked the look on her face. "Saeko, who are these people? You can't possibly trust them more than me! Saeko!"

The infected weren't relenting, even as Takashi became increasingly upset. He wildly aimed his rifle at Saeko and the others. "I came all this way to find you!"

@Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife

As the group started on their way, Bullet fell in beside Klein. "Still feeling like shit," she muttered.

The group, at this point, were on high alert for traps. Lucas had a series of wire traps set to explode if anyone tripped them, but it seemed uninspired compared to everything else he had presented before. They passed by them easily, eventually reaching their destination, which turned out to be the inside of a large barn.

Most of the inside of the barn had been torn out at some point, leaving a large open area of hay and manure. What appeared to be an elevator was off to the left of the barn, closed off for now. Up above were strobe lights set across the walls, bathing the barn in a bright light. They illuminated the strange sight of a cage that was suspended from the ceiling. Inside was a girl, who crawled to the edge of the cage and looked down at the group.

"Zoe!" Bullet cried, waving up at her.

Zoe had hate in her eyes. "Lucas, that son of a bitch--"

Deafening music began to play throughout the barn.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the baaaarrrn fiiiigggghhhht! Remember to keep it clean, fellas-- we have rules!"

"Is that a fucking joke?" Bullet exclaimed, looking around.

"My sister's lookin' like a mighty good snack, don't you think? A couple friends think so, and they're comin' onnnn doooowwwwn!"

Creatures that looked similar to the ones from before crawled down the side of the barn on all-fours, converging on the group.

@Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Barn

Takashi backed away from Saeko, unsure if he liked the look on her face. "Saeko, who are these people? You can't possibly trust them more than me! Saeko!"

The infected weren't relenting, even as Takashi became increasingly upset. He wildly aimed his rifle at Saeko and the others. "I came all this way to find you!"

@Josh M @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @York @Minerva @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife

When he was led to the barn, Leon looked up to see the girl stuck in a cage. Between that and the music, something snapped inside of Leon. Not sure if it was the monsters all around, or the music blaring in the barn, but something lit a fire in him. However, he would need a better weapon, turning towards Phil, "Let me see that sword." No more puzzles, no more tricks, now he was in his field, one where he has to literally fight to live.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Kaykay @Verite @Leon Moretti @Krieg @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @Glostechk @The Batter @Barn

"I will." Amir replied, determined. Noticing a bow and arrows in the pile, she quickly geard up.

She knew she couldn't use too many, but seeing how the numbers wouldn't let up, then she'd let the other's fight for now, helping from a distance if she was needed. Noticing Saeko run off she followed, areow notched yet she made no move to use it yet.

"We've helped Saeko this far, she's jad no choice but to trust us, and we've had to trust her." she replied. Looking to Saeko, she gave a look that hopefully conveyed the question she wanted to ask...

What is your plan and what should I do to help?

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.