Status
Not open for further replies.
Teddy relented for the moment, but Captain America didn't dare let the boy go just yet. Teddy instead aimed his hateful gaze Phil's way. "That's bullshit!" he exclaimed wildly. "Don't you dare belittle his death like that. Billy died and he's not coming back! You can't just... sit there and tell me..." Teddy trailed off when his mouth began to fail at forming words. He felt something deep inside him break and he could feel his throat tightening with emotion.

Billy was dead.

None of this mattered.

vakLWej.png

"I don't fucking care, I don't fucking care..." Teddy began to break down in Cap's arms. His body wracked with heavy sobs and tears began to pour down his face. Cap continued to hold on, half for support, half to make sure Teddy didn't make a mistake.

"If three more have to die, that is something we will talk about as a group. None of us are going to be making any further decisions on who lives or dies."

@Jeremi @Otto @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Batter @RecreationRoom

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @Afterlife

Come on...Troy...Vice Principal...Principal...

Principal...

"...Principal Klim."

As he said the name, Noembelu looked up. Honda was a very friendly man, open to everyone. But this Klim...why had Honda said his name so bitterly?

He hadn't said more than that. All Noembelu had to go on was a name....and a sense of apprehension, if he truly was that man, someone even Edmond Honda could despise, even after his death. "Troy...Does the name 'Klim' mean anything to you?"

Phil Connors

" I can live with that decision."
He didn't argue. There was nobody else in his mind that deserved to die or live. If Lucas choose it or the group chose so be it. If somebody want to sacrifice themselves, so be it. He wasn't about to go out of his way to anger them more.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Otto @Kaykay @The Batter @Rec Room

As Kyoko searched the different stations, she eventually came across one that was a higher frequency than the others. This fit the note of searching for the highest point, unlocking the secret passage. A ladder came down from the ceiling, allowing the group to enter the attic.

Unfortunately, it was now game over for one of them. Toffee's codex began to beep, and soon he was injected with the poison that would begin to kill him. Inexplicably, Leon's codex went from red to yellow, implying that this was related.

In just a few seconds, Toffee was dead.​
kirigiri_10.png

"!"

Kyoko let out a surprised, horrified gasp when Toffee suddenly dropped dead on a complete whim, no doubt determined forcefully by one of the other players of this sick, involuntary game if there was any pattern to be detected from this house of flying daggers. Still, she couldn't even give herself time to register it fully, nor did she have any will power to do something she normally would have done in the wake of discovering a dead body; a procedure of checking the corpse, confirming all the facts, and all that. There was no point anyway. For better or for worse, Lucas Baker was a man of his word, it seemed, and when he promised that whoever was dead was dead, there was no questioning him. One would think that someone like Kyoko would be used to these sorts of death games, but... Well, at this point, it was all like a never-ending cycle.

Clicking her tongue in a soft mix of anger and fear, Kyoko, keeping Nono behind her, as though to obscure the girl's view of the fresh dead body, she hardly even noticed the ladder appear until a few moments later.

"Morikubo... Moretti, we need to move on."

With no other choice, the young detective made her move, taking the initiative and forcing herself to make her way up the ladder and into the attic, keeping her gaze off of Toffee's dead body.

@Atomyk @Leon Moretti @Crow @thatguyinthestore

Reactions: Josh M
Agatha (5)
Arno (0)
Beatrice (5)
Belle (0)
Bullet (5)
Klein (5)
Kyoko (4)
Leon (3)
Makoto (3)
Marcus (0)
Nancy (5)
Nono (5)
Noot (5)
Owen (4)
Phil (5)
Rumpelstiltskin (0)
Shane (3)
Shen (5)
Six (5)
Cap (5)
Teddy (5)
Adam (0)
The Batter (3)
Toffee (0)

"Oh, ho ho! Me like!"

"What are you doing?!" Captain America exclaimed once he saw the results on the screen. He grabbed Phil from behind and shoved him hard enough to send him falling to the floor. Phil's HP was reduced by one, as reflected on the screen. "You just murdered those people!"

Cap took a few angry steps toward Phil but was stopped when Lucas spoke up again.

"Eh, y'know, he kind of did you guys a favor."

Looking up, Cap was at a loss for words. "W-What--"

"Yeah, one of the guys he just killed actually killed, ehhhh... about seven of you earlier."

"That's a goddamn lie!"

Lucas sighed. "Is it? You're playing a game here. Not everyone can be winners." He waited a moment but when he saw Cap was about to yell again, Lucas quickly continued. "Fine then, want proof?" There was the sound of static, and then--

"Kill them. All of them."

It was Black Adam's voice, loud and clear, played from a recording.

"Speaking of which," Lucas said, "I thought that guy was badass, but you take the cake! Wanna get your hands on me? That can be arranged, y'know."

Upon hearing the recording, Teddy's hands clenched. Wordlessly, he moved to the keyboard and started typing something out. Cap reached for him and pulled him back so that he hold Teddy with an arm around his neck. "Son, what are you doing?!" On the screen, Teddy was one button away from reducing Shane to zero HP.

"Ugh!" Teddy pried at Cap's arm. "He's gonna die anyway! You saw it!"

"He took a bullet! That man has suffered enough already!"

"Then end that suffering! Captain--" Teddy growled and struggled, shoving him and Cap a step toward the keyboard. "They're all monsters, captain! That man killed seven of us, and this guy just killed five more! They're all... monsters--"

"They're not thinking straight, son! None of us are!"

"Fuck!" Teddy looked to Shen, pure anger on his face. "Him too! I should kill him too for letting Billy die!" With a grunt, Teddy jumped and managed to smash a foot against the keyboard.

"Jeez, careful now, or you'll accidentally kill some more!"

Bullet was at a complete loss for what was going on, but this current strategy of doing nothing was about to get her killed.

"Just run the tap! Or-- Or, something! Anything! Try anything!"

@Krieg @ShiroKiyoshi @Bathroom

As Kyoko searched the different stations, she eventually came across one that was a higher frequency than the others. This fit the note of searching for the highest point, unlocking the secret passage. A ladder came down from the ceiling, allowing the group to enter the attic.

Unfortunately, it was now game over for one of them. Toffee's codex began to beep, and soon he was injected with the poison that would begin to kill him. Inexplicably, Leon's codex went from red to yellow, implying that this was related.

In just a few seconds, Toffee was dead.

@thatguyinthestore @Verite @Crow @Leon Moretti @KidsRoom

As Adam discovered he was dying, so did the others in the hall. Belle, Rumplestiltskin, and Marcus all fainted from the poison, just as Adam went for his big finish. Owen swore out loud, grabbing both Six and Noot Noot and shielding them with his body as the hall burst in an explosion of flames.

The blaze was massive, consuming Genji entirely and bathing the survivors in an intense heat. Owen had a thought that this must have been what hell felt like.

Owen could hear nothing but the flames, not even as Lucas came over the intercom and started grumbling. To avoid the whole house going down in flames, Lucas sprayed water in the hall, not letting up until the epicenter of the explosion was nothing but smoke. Shivering from fear and cold, Owen raised his head. Six and Noot Noot were safe, but everyone else...

Arno had been caught in the crossfire of the explosion. Owen looked upon him to see that the man's face had been burned right off. Shuddering, the boy took a cautious look at where the ninja had been, unable to tell if there was a body amidst the smoke and ash.

"Come on," Owen said, grabbing Six by the hand to lead her and the penguin back to the Main Hall.

@Glostechk @UpperFloorHall

Billy pointed to Troy. "Look, none of us know who you are, but we're all pretty sure that you're not who you think you are. I don't know if this will help us at all, but you need to put the work in. Like, try and think, okay? Try."

Troy licked his lips and thought on this. For some reason, it didn't seem entirely unreasonable. "I'm... Hrm. I think I'm a vice-principal, but maybe I'm not? Maybe I'm a principal? But..." He groaned. "That girl that was here, wasn't she... Laura Palmer?"

Rather unceremoniously, a few new faces were dropped into the red room. The group would recognize Toffee, Black Adam, and Marcus, now sitting in red chairs.

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @dark @Afterlife

"!"

images

Amir noticed something from the corner of her eye. Staying close to Noembelu and Saeko she turned to glance at the new arrivals.

"Things must be bad with the living." she muttered, frowning.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

kirigiri_11.png

Well, that confirmed it, or rather, at the very least made the case stronger; Wanda was a victim of this place just like everyone else was, and her powers were taken advantage of to warp everything to this horrific house. But that wasn't all to Lucas's words that provoked an interest. As the man disappeared from sight, Kyoko initially stood paralyzed in astonishment, but snapped herself back to reality. She couldn't let her fears overwhelm her in this place, or else everything would be lost.

"The gift? What do you mean... The gift? What's this sick game of yours leading up to, Lucas?" The detective questioned, idly walking over to the radio and ever so slightly fiddling with the volume to see if that would do anything, as a first move if nothing else.

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Leon Moretti @KidsRoom

Leon takes a look at the worn out lamp and continues after Lucas talks, "Which brings me to my next couple of question. If Wanda is a Pawn and you're a Rook, who exactly is the King? Or should I say Queen in this matter consider you said 'her gift.'" He knew he was really kicking the hornet's nest now, but it was a risk he had to take.​

However, a small thought about Lucas' earlier statement popped into his head, "You said Zoe 'Wanted to turn back the clock...' Perhaps you can elaborate on that a bit more?" Ho pondered on that a bit as he waited for an answer, "How could that be physically possible?"

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Verite @Crow @Leon Moretti @KidsRoom

kirigiri_10.png

"!"

Kyoko let out a surprised, horrified gasp when Toffee suddenly dropped dead on a complete whim, no doubt determined forcefully by one of the other players of this sick, involuntary game if there was any pattern to be detected from this house of flying daggers. Still, she couldn't even give herself time to register it fully, nor did she have any will power to do something she normally would have done in the wake of discovering a dead body; a procedure of checking the corpse, confirming all the facts, and all that. There was no point anyway. For better or for worse, Lucas Baker was a man of his word, it seemed, and when he promised that whoever was dead was dead, there was no questioning him. One would think that someone like Kyoko would be used to these sorts of death games, but... Well, at this point, it was all like a never-ending cycle.

Clicking her tongue in a soft mix of anger and fear, Kyoko, keeping Nono behind her, as though to obscure the girl's view of the fresh dead body, she hardly even noticed the ladder appear until a few moments later.

With no other choice, the young detective made her move, taking the initiative and forcing herself to make her way up the ladder and into the attic, keeping her gaze off of Toffee's dead body.

"That's impossible! What-"

Nono was astonished by the sudden sight of the reptillian beast Toffee falling into a permanent slumber, before Kyoko blocked her from the sight.

"Yes, let us leave this place, Kyoko..."

Nono did not wish to gaze upon Toffee's corpse, but the simple presence of it drew her eyes to it, no matter how much she resisted.

@Atomyk @Leon Moretti @Crow @Verite @thatguyinthestore

Last edited:
Billy pointed to Troy. "Look, none of us know who you are, but we're all pretty sure that you're not who you think you are. I don't know if this will help us at all, but you need to put the work in. Like, try and think, okay? Try."

Troy licked his lips and thought on this. For some reason, it didn't seem entirely unreasonable. "I'm... Hrm. I think I'm a vice-principal, but maybe I'm not? Maybe I'm a principal? But..." He groaned. "That girl that was here, wasn't she... Laura Palmer?"

Rather unceremoniously, a few new faces were dropped into the red room. The group would recognize Toffee, Black Adam, and Marcus, now sitting in red chairs.

Saeko was sitting silently in a chair. She didn't know what was going on. She hadn't since the disappearance of the wedding. She mostly sat in her chair and thought about it all.

And then more appeared. She looked down at the floor and thoughts ran through her head.

This was truly a sick game.

@Anyone @Good a time as any for me to jump back in

"!"

images

Amir noticed something from the corner of her eye. Staying close to Noembelu and Saeko she turned to glance at the new arrivals.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

"Hey, Toffee. How were things going in the land of the living since I died? Did you get hit by a trap or just start dying out of nowhere?"

Despite talking about life and death in such a blunt manner, Mason still got goosebumps when thinking about his own death.

"Is Noot Noot the penguin doctor still alive then? He sure doesn't seem to be here. My brother as well... Hah. I shouldn't be expecting him to die easily, I suppose."

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Afterlife​

"Yes, you have! She sure can boogie! It's... magic, baby!"

Flashing lights strobed, and the man spoke again.

tumblr_m6p0pjbUaS1rvcjd7o1_250.gif

"However, is Wanda... Wanda? Maybe this Wanda doesn't dance."

The man seemingly ignored Reiner. Maybe that wasn't the right question.

The blonde woman stared at Noembelu and gestured to her.

bear-skinlynch-laura-palmer-dream-twin-peaks.jpg

"Do you know who I am?"

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Afterlife
@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Afterlife

All this talk of doppelgangers and dancing just made tjis whole situation even more confusing thsn it already was. If this man was speaking in riddles, then Noembelu couldn't for the life of her figure them out. She'd planned on staying mum after that, until his cousin spoke to her. "...can't say I do," she replied.​
"Edmond never spoke of me?"

The young girl's words were clear as she spaced out her speaking.

"You just missed him. He and I talked a lot."

The little man looked at the king with a grin on his face. No malice, but a pure grin.

"Truths and misdirection, is that what you're looking for? Is Wanda's dance one of truth or of misdirection? Or maybe...'"

The man waddled away before stopping, handing Blank Panther a coin.

"It's like a coin."

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Afterlife

Edmond? Suddenly she remembered why she was here in the first place. Honda had gone missing, and Wanda knew why. "Who are you? Maybe if I know your name..."
T'Challa examined the coin before speaking. "Her dance can be either or. For the time being it has been one of misdirection, but at some point it can become a dance of truth." T'Challa emphasized what he said by flipping the coin around. "What however will this do to help us?"​

"5564X."
Cap repeated the code. "You think it has significance to this puzzle?"

"You might be right about that, Teddy." Cap replied looking over the cards. "Anyone got any clues?"

The woman's reaction was simple as she looked at the young native girl. Slowly her hand drifted to her nose.

2097569054_9165242ae7.jpg

The little man looked at the king, his eyes widening.

"Wanda is heads. The other Wanda, she is tails."

As Black Panther flipped it, the coin disappeared, now in the man's hand. He handed it back to T'Challa. It now was a double-sided coin.

" Tell me, T'Challa, Which side is tails?"

As soon as the blonde woman touched her nose, Noembelu blurted out, "Laura Palmer. Your name is Laura...Palmer..." How...how did she even know that?! It just popped into her mind out of nowhere. Honda had never said that name, had he? The only Laura she knew-and only barely-was Brazillian and brunette.

One thing she did know, however, was something related to what the little man was saying.

"...something about being Wanda when Wanda didn't want to be Wanda..." Honda scratched his neck, trying to recall it. "I don't really remember what she said, because I was too busy making sure I didn't pass out from fright! It was really freaky...she touched me on the chest, told me she hated me most-I do remember that-then Wanda was back. The real Wanda." Honda shuddered. "Scary stuff! Funny enough, though, that's how we became friends! Who would've thunk?"

"...Wanda wasn't herself in Bright Falls," Noembelu said. "Honda said she got taken over by someone else once. 'Wanda when Wanda didn't want to be Wanda.'"
"You work with people like Iron Man and Black Panther long enough and things start to stick," Came Cap's response as he went to check out the roulette table.​

"Both, and neither," Came the Kings reply. "This place, we are between the floor boards of the physical realm. I have dealt with creatures of the metaphysical realm in my life. I once even punched what some would call the devil. Wanda was here, tampered with something she should not have touched...and something came back with her. I said once already that I am tired of games. If we are not dead then our task is to claw ourselves back to the mansion and stop the families machinations. Or if we are dead we should fall into the abyss to rest in peace. What is the road that we will have to travel to leave this place back to our own reality?"​

Wanda was a battery for possessions and mental breakdowns, no doubt due to the unstable chaos magic she controlled. "While a powerful witch, Wanda's mind has not always been the most..stable. Her mind has been in possession of an Elder God of my universe as well as an unknown entity that made her do horrible things." T'Challa looked around the room. "There is no wonder she was drawn to this place."​

Listening to what T'Challa said about Wanda, Noembelu felt some empathy for the Scarlet Witch that she hadn't before. An unknown entity controlling her? Noembelu at least knew her entity. The two of them were more alike than Noembelu realized. Wanda was a victim of this situation as much as they all were. And if that was the case...if they were meeting the Wanda that frightened Honda...if someone else could take Wanda over...maybe they had met them before. "I don't know Wanda well-I only met her once before this. Does she usually act like she did at dinner?" Her question was targeted at T'Challa and Billy mostly, since they seemed to know her better than anyone.

However, Noembelu had no recollection of ever hearing about a red room, or little man. The reason for that was because Honda chose not to tell her.

"Honda...you said you had a dream that night of the first trial."

"Oh! Uh, did I, now."

"Yes. You did. Do you remember it?"

"Uhhhh....."

"UUUUHHHHHHH..."

"NOPECANTREMEMBERITWASPROBABLYSUPERTERRIFYINGHEYYOUWANNAGETSOMETHINGTOEATCHANKOSTEWWILLBLOWYOUAWAY!!"

...Noembelu didn't bother to press further.​
"She was not drawn here. They were drawn to her...."

The little man held his hands out, this time it was holding something strange. It'd take a minute for the king to realize what it was.

latest

"Garmonbozia. They enjoyed her, the taste."

The girl paused before speaking. Her face contorted with a mixture of pain and pleasure as she spoke.

8670f50e92387498261ec9d127edee16.jpg

"I feel like I know her, but sometimes my arms bend back."

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Jeremi @Bomb @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Afterlife
@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Jeremi @Bomb @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Afterlife

And Laura was back to speaking nonsense again. Noembelu looked at the "garmonbozia" and raised an eyebrow. "...corn?" She was highly unimpressed. Plus holding it in your hands like that was very unhygienic. But considering just a while ago she'd been elbow-deep in cow entrails, Noembelu really had no room to judge.​
Well if this worked similarly as the cards...He saw that Phil had the same idea and stood back to let him do it. "Here's that bottle of jam," He spoke aloud to the people in the room. "It has the number 555 on it. Now all we got to find is the nail."

"Not unless someone has tampered with her mind," Came T'Challa's response. "She has always showed a strong face, but her life has made it easy for her to be manipulated by outside forces."​

"In some cultures, corn is a symbol of fertility. However when it becomes diseased and blackened it is a symbol of death." He looked at the corn in the mans hands and then to the man himself. "What you hold in your hand is sustenance. Not to humans though...In the metaphysical realm some things are perceived differently to what they actually are. We see the corn because it is the only way our human mind can grasp it."

Perhaps this was all starting to make at least a little bit of sense. "Wanda was lured her due to the strong emotional feelings inside of her. The corn is those feelings made manifest. Feelings and emotions...is their food."​

"They've been feeding off Wanda this entire time? But how could they-" Oh. Oh. "Genji. He's supposed to be dead. And Usami and Wanda worked together. The babies, Genji, Usami, the wedding...it's all one big honey trap. She doesn't want to escape. That way they can keep feeding on her."
"If they could they would probably trap all of us in a similar illusion," T'Challa replied. "Billy's wedding is a testament to that. We could all end up as batteries to feed from endlessly, or until we die."​

"130 plus 555 minus 164 makes 521," Cap stated as he picked up the coin. "I still have this mallet, and the chessboard is left. We're not done quite yet I'm afraid. Anyone have any clue about that chessboard? I still have that number too that I found 5564X. What more do we have if anything?"

"They did it to Josephine." Gave her a new name and a husband...a whole new life. Though the idea that they could all be in the same situation... "You don't think...that's the 'gift' Wanda has? The gift of happiness, everything you ever wanted." It would be a false happiness, wouldn't it? A honey trap just like Wanda's.​
"Some gifts are too nice to pass up."

Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, both Laura and the man were gone.

As the group waited alone in the red room, Josephine was still gathering her footing.

"Troy. You need to fight it. I am not Annette, I am Josephine. You're not Troy. You have to help me, please! I need to save him."

"I'm not sure what you're doing," Teddy admitted to Phil. He pointed to the letters. "The letters are off. It's like they are already arranged to be numbers."

rq8LWK8.png

"The two S could be five, the E could be six, and the h could be four. Meaning, the C..."

"BOOM!"

Lucas laughed. "Like the note said, I changed that one! The button's useless now, I promise."

Whether or not that was truly the case, nothing in the room seemed to change. There was only the low humming station on the radio.

Genji let out a pained noise when the fire consumed him. Owen shied away from the flames, backing into the others so that Black Adam could take center stage. There was a long moment where it seemed unclear whether or not he had been stopped, but it ended when Genji leaped from the flames high into the air. His skin looked singed, but even so, it didn't seem to be more damage that he was already suffering from.

The ninja tossed his shuriken, the three weapons soaring across the hall. One flew at Adam, while the others went to the crowd. Owen cried out as one of the shuriken was buried into his forearm and he fell backward into Arno, both of their codexes beeping.

NootNoot ran under the legs of the others to avoid the third shuriken.

@Cromartie Sarkissian @Midnight Maiden @dark @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Glostechk @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @UpperFloorHall

Billy shook his head. "Josephine's right. All we have left are these two, so they must be key to moving on." Even so, as Billy said this, he wondered what that meant. It seemed doubtful there were rules or a set path to any of this. Was Wanda to blame for this moment, or was it Mother? Was it either of them?

The man who thought he was Troy gave Josephine a confused look. "... If I'm not who I think I am, then who am I? Do... Do any of you know? Or do you not have any idea what you're talking about?"

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Afterlife
Mason tried his best to add his point of view to the conversation, "From what I've experienced, emotions in the multiverse lead to a whole lot of power. If Wanda's powers are super strong normally, they must be haywire with all the kinds of emotions they're feeding on. Then it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that Wanda has been blowing up at a moment's notice. They must feed the best off of Wanda's anger.

"It also seems pretty convenient that Lucas dropped us into such a despair-filled situation. I know he claimed his game was unrelated to Wanda's gift, but we can't know that for sure. Even if the game is unrelated, both things are similar.

"They're both traps. One trap feeds our emotions, and another one feeds off of them. The question is how we get everyone out of their traps. However, one thing is for sure: the gift is the hair and we can't take it."

And then Laura and the man disappeared. Mason jumped. He wasn't scared, but he certainly was surprised.

"Who is he then, Josephine? I certainly can't recall his name of it isn't Troy."
@Josh M @Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Jeremi @Bomb @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Afterlife
@Josh M @Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Jeremi @Bomb @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Afterlife

"Honda never mentioned a Troy. Or an Annette." Noembelu looked at the two, furrowing her brow. If these two were the ticket out of here...figuring out who Troy truly was was going to be tricky. "Josephine, what are Annette's memories? Who is she? Where does she live? There may be a connection to Bright Falls somewhere."

Principal...

"...Principal Klim."

As he said the name, Noembelu looked up. Honda was a very friendly man, open to everyone. But this Klim...why had Honda said his name so bitterly?

He hadn't said more than that. All Noembelu had to go on was a name....and a sense of apprehension, if he truly was that man, someone even Edmond Honda could despise, even after his death. "Troy...Does the name 'Klim' mean anything to you?"
"!"

images

"Hey, Toffee. How were things going in the land of the living since I died? Did you get hit by a trap or just start dying out of nowhere?"

Despite talking about life and death in such a blunt manner, Mason still got goosebumps when thinking about his own death.

"Is Noot Noot the penguin doctor still alive then? He sure doesn't seem to be here. My brother as well... Hah. I shouldn't be expecting him to die easily, I suppose."

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Afterlife​
Reiner Braun
@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee
@Afterlife

Reiner listened intensely... Very intensely to what was being discussed, between the strange woman and man's cryptic answers to the questions they have been asked... (At least the ones they have answered), and the talk about the coin, it was quite evident that Wanda had... More than one "side" to her... But why?

Delving deeper into the mystery, seemed to cause the entire thing to unravel more and more, as the discussion shifted towards what sort of "gift" was being referred to... The gift that Wanda held so dear, and the answer was quiet frightening indeed; whatever ensnared Wanda here, and in turn... The others, sought to feed off of their emotions, particularly stronger ones.

So much so that they were willing to make them see exactly what they wanted them to see... To fabricate each and every person a false reality they could stay in forever.

And if that was the case, then... ...

NDqRwJT.png

"All that we've experienced... Here... All this... Was... Just a lie?" He asked.

Evidently, he looked quite annoyed, but gave Kiyohime a worried side-glance, realizing this would likely make her angry yet again... Though to be fair, the very prospect that all he had done up to this point, could very well have been for nothing irritated him as well.

Yet... Something was niggling at the back of his mind... Something that he had to remember... But what? What was it?

While he had no clear idea, it seemed that his instinct to bite down on his hand during that botched wedding incident had something to do with it... He just didn't know what yet...​

*CLICK*

"It's said that that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. But... that which makes you stronger can often kill you.

Perhaps I was a fool for believing that I was invincible, that I couldn't be harmed. The newly made Queen Moon appears to have found a... loophole around my regenerative properties. Luckily, she missed any of my vital organs and only managed to cut off a finger with her newfound spell, no doubt powered by dark magic, possibly even from Eclipsa herself. But one thing is certain: if there are ways to counter my regenerative abilities, then it's only a matter of time before someone figures out a way to rid me of my immortality as a whole.

Luckily, I recently encountered a woman named Wanda Maximoff, who appeared to be well aware of how Mewni's magic works. She told me of a spell that can be used to destroy the Royal Wand, which will most definitely prove fruitful once I do more extensive research on Mewni's magic and have enough knowledge to move forward with my plans. I only hope that there won't be anymore hitches in my plan in the years to come. End of recording."

*CLICK*

CllrLuG.jpg

When Toffee awoke in what he could only assume was the afterlife, he looked around the room a bit before setting his eyes on Troy, who was apparently the principal of a school. To be honest, Toffee had never really even entertained the thought of an afterlife due to his aforementioned immortality. On the rare occasions that he did think of the possibility of there even being one, he certainly didn't expect it to be some red room.

After listening in on Troy for a bit, Toffee's name was uttered by a familiar voice, which caused him to turn to look at the owner of said voice.

zWRNQ.jpg

"Things have been pretty much the same since your passing. That imbecile Lucas is still forcing people participate in his death traps he calls 'games.' And in answer to your second inquiry, it was the latter, I'm afraid. My HP was already down to red when suddenly I was injected with that poison out of seemingly nowhere. Though, I doubt that was by chance. Someone probably told that psychopath to inject me in some pathetic attempt to save their own life. Though, judging by the amount of people that have died so far, I doubt that more than two people will make it out alive, if that."

When Mason asked about Noot Noot, Toffee paused for a second before shrugging. "I honestly don't know. I haven't seen him since the fight with that Daddy fellow." Toffee said flatly. Though Toffee hadn't really payed too much attention, mainly due to the fact that he found the penguin just as annoying as that Monokuma thing that they had encountered earlier.

After a few moments of silence Toffee looked to Mason once again.
"You wouldn't happen to know where we are... would you?"

@Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @dark @York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Gands @Bomb @afterlife

Last edited:
kirigiri_10.png

"!"

"That's impossible! What-"

Nono was astonished by the sudden sight of the reptillian beast Toffee falling into a permanent slumber, before Kyoko blocked her from the sight.

"Yes, let us leave this place, Kyoko..."

Nono did not wish to gaze upon Toffee's corpse, but the simple presence of it drew her eyes to it, no matter how much she resisted.

@Atomyk @Leon Moretti @Crow @Verite @thatguyinthestore

Leon stood silently the moment he heard the beep of a codex, yet surprisingly, it wasn't his but his reptilian friend. He looked down at his codex and noticed he was back in yellow, "Someone did something stupid, again," he mumbled to himself.​

Turning his attention to Kyoko and Nono, he proceeded to follow behind silently. [/COLOR] "How much more do we have to lose for the sake of this asshole... It's time we get this over with."[/COLOR] Were the only two thoughts that were in his mind as of now. Guessing on the information he recently discovered, and what he already knew, things were about to get even more life-threatening.

@Atomyk @Leon Moretti @Crow @Verite

Agatha (5)
Arno (0)
Beatrice (5)
Belle (0)
Bullet (5)
Klein (5)
Kyoko (4)
Leon (3)
Makoto (3)
Marcus (0)
Nancy (5)
Nono (5)
Noot (5)
Owen (4)
Phil (5)
Rumpelstiltskin (0)
Shane (3)
Shen (5)
Six (5)
Cap (5)
Teddy (5)
Adam (0)
The Batter (3)
Toffee (0)

"Oh, ho ho! Me like!"

"What are you doing?!" Captain America exclaimed once he saw the results on the screen. He grabbed Phil from behind and shoved him hard enough to send him falling to the floor. Phil's HP was reduced by one, as reflected on the screen. "You just murdered those people!"

Cap took a few angry steps toward Phil but was stopped when Lucas spoke up again.

"Yeah, one of the guys he just killed actually killed, ehhhh... about seven of you earlier."

"That's a goddamn lie!"

Lucas sighed. "Is it? You're playing a game here. Not everyone can be winners." He waited a moment but when he saw Cap was about to yell again, Lucas quickly continued. "Fine then, want proof?" There was the sound of static, and then--

"Speaking of which," Lucas said, "I thought that guy was badass, but you take the cake! Wanna get your hands on me? That can be arranged, y'know."

Upon hearing the recording, Teddy's hands clenched. Wordlessly, he moved to the keyboard and started typing something out. Cap reached for him and pulled him back so that he hold Teddy with an arm around his neck. "Son, what are you doing?!" On the screen, Teddy was one button away from reducing Shane to zero HP.

"Then end that suffering! Captain--" Teddy growled and struggled, shoving him and Cap a step toward the keyboard. "They're all monsters, captain! That man killed seven of us, and this guy just killed five more! They're all... monsters--"

"Fuck!" Teddy looked to Shen, pure anger on his face. "Him too! I should kill him too for letting Billy die!" With a grunt, Teddy jumped and managed to smash a foot against the keyboard.

Bullet was at a complete loss for what was going on, but this current strategy of doing nothing was about to get her killed.

As Adam discovered he was dying, so did the others in the hall. Belle, Rumplestiltskin, and Marcus all fainted from the poison, just as Adam went for his big finish. Owen swore out loud, grabbing both Six and Noot Noot and shielding them with his body as the hall burst in an explosion of flames.

The blaze was massive, consuming Genji entirely and bathing the survivors in an intense heat. Owen had a thought that this must have been what hell felt like.

Owen could hear nothing but the flames, not even as Lucas came over the intercom and started grumbling. To avoid the whole house going down in flames, Lucas sprayed water in the hall, not letting up until the epicenter of the explosion was nothing but smoke. Shivering from fear and cold, Owen raised his head. Six and Noot Noot were safe, but everyone else...

Arno had been caught in the crossfire of the explosion. Owen looked upon him to see that the man's face had been burned right off. Shuddering, the boy took a cautious look at where the ninja had been, unable to tell if there was a body amidst the smoke and ash.

"Come on," Owen said, grabbing Six by the hand to lead her and the penguin back to the Main Hall.

c567apture-png.143139

"This is not the afterlife I had envisioned for myself. I would be insulted if this was my atonement for all of my deeds among" Adam stated calmly.
Adam eyed his surroundings, seeming to have accepted his death quite readily. He eyed his surroundings as he sat idly in his chair, cracking his neck as his gaze darted around to see who else was there. Adam saw some of that all of the familiar faces were those who had died, some of which that had died by his hand. He had no regrets, taking a life became nothing more than a chore to the genocidal emperor. Adam was ready to pay for his crimes if need be, he had always been ready.

But he had some unfinished business still with those who had thrown him into such a situation. He knew the way he died was not by Lucas's doing, he just knew that someone had chosen to forfeit his life. Adam made it a goal to figure out who it was that chose to kill him.

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk @dark @Afterlife

Agatha (5)
Arno (0)
Beatrice (5)
Belle (0)
Bullet (5)
Klein (5)
Kyoko (4)
Leon (3)
Makoto (3)
Marcus (0)
Nancy (5)
Nono (5)
Noot (5)
Owen (4)
Phil (5)
Rumpelstiltskin (0)
Shane (3)
Shen (5)
Six (5)
Cap (5)
Teddy (5)
Adam (0)
The Batter (3)
Toffee (0)

"Oh, ho ho! Me like!"

"That's a goddamn lie!"

The man spoke words, soft, reasoned words. To Nancy, it was white noise. Klein had a knack for staying reasoned and level-headed. Nancy? Frantic like a doe, calm as the raging sea. Shoving the coin into the secret compartment, seeing the three-digit number before her eyes, Nancy froze. A puzzle? Gazing back at the cards, accompanied by a key, the intelligent suburbia princess was at a lost of words. Her mind raced for any correlations, remembering how Dad always had a knack for Blackjack. Even then, however, the young woman felt at a loss for words.

"We are missing a piece...this is nothing. This is nothing." Nancy reassured, her fingers clawed next to her head, gripping the air in fury. In a maddening rush, Nancy began to tear and beat at the walls with her baseball bat. Trying to uncover anymore secrets, Nancy gave a thorough search of everything around her. Everything from turning on the skin to nearly tearing apart the toilet, the woman paused, gazing over at Klein or Keith or Kevin or whatever his name was. At this point, all Nancy could distinguish was the living and the dead.

"W-What? It isn't enough, I know this bastard. He never gives enough."

@Atomyk @ShiroKiyoshi @bathroom bois

"Perhaps, but don't stop now, I'm sure Bullet doesn't like being well-done."
Klein said as Nancy let out her anger on practically everything she saw. "But, do stop when you see 10L that's what we need..." Klein trailed off to look at the broken mirror to confirm this before nodding. He then went and started searching the bathroom himself. "Most things here are some kind of ceramic or metal, so swing hard enough and you could break it open, just like a message in a bottle. Though they do have corks, I just like breaking them for the hell of it. Basically, if it doesn't say 10L go ahead and smash it if it makes you feel better..."

Klein spoke as he searched the room himself. He opened up the medicine cabinet, if there was one, the cabinets under the sink, he checked the towel racked, sifting through whatever was there, he checked normal everyday supplies to see if it was written on them; things like the plunger, the brush to clean the toilet, (while not knowing what it may have been) fire extinguishers, and bars of soap he searched. If all that failed? He'd start draining the water from the tub. He then thought about the word 10L as he stared at it on the wall. "Hey, Bullet, does 10L mean a thing to you? 10 Levels, 10 lives? 10 lies. That one sounds promising, but I think we're looking for something marked with it. Bullet search your shower if you would, I can feel your stare piercing my body. It's an item for sure or on an item."

@Bathroom @Atomyk @Krieg

*CLICK*

"It's said that that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. But... that which makes you stronger can often kill you.

Perhaps I was a fool for believing that I was invincible, that I couldn't be harmed. The newly made Queen Moon appears to have found a... loophole around my regenerative properties. Luckily, she missed any of my vital organs and only managed to cut off a finger with her newfound spell, no doubt powered by dark magic, possibly even from Eclipsa herself. But one thing is certain: if there are ways to counter my regenerative abilities, then it's only a matter of time before someone figures out a way to rid me of my immortality as a whole.

Luckily, I recently encountered a woman named Wanda Maximoff, who appeared to be well aware of how Mewni's magic works. She told me of a spell that can be used to destroy the Royal Wand, which will most definitely prove fruitful once I do more extensive research on Mewni's magic and have enough knowledge to move forward with my plans. I only hope that there won't be anymore hitches in my plan in the years to come. End of recording."

*CLICK*

CllrLuG.jpg

When Toffee awoke in what he could only assume was the afterlife, he looked around the room a bit before setting his eyes on Troy, who was apparently the principal of a school. To be honest, Toffee had never really even entertained the thought of an afterlife due to his aforementioned immortality. On the rare occasions that he did think of the possibility of there even being one, he certainly didn't expect it to be some red room.

After listening in on Troy for a bit, Toffee's name was uttered by a familiar voice, which caused him to turn to look at the owner of said voice.

zWRNQ.jpg

"Things have been pretty much the same since your passing. That imbecile Lucas is still forcing people participate in his death traps he calls 'games.' And in answer to your second inquiry, it was the latter, I'm afraid. My HP was already down to red when suddenly I was injected with that poison out of seemingly nowhere. Though, I doubt that was by chance. Someone probably told that psychopath to inject me in some pathetic attempt to save their own life. Though, judging by the amount of people that have died so far, I doubt that more than two people will make it out alive, if that."

When Mason asked about Noot Noot, Toffee paused for a second before shrugging. "I honestly don't know. I haven't seen him since the fight with that Daddy fellow." Toffee said flatly. Though Toffee hadn't really payed too much attention, mainly due to the fact that he found the penguin just as annoying as that Monokuma thing that they had encountered earlier.

After a few moments of silence Toffee looked to Mason once again.
"You wouldn't happen to know where we are... would you?"

@Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @dark @York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Gands @Bomb @afterlife

c567apture-png.143139

"This is not the afterlife I had envisioned for myself. I would be insulted if this was my atonement for all of my deeds among" Adam stated calmly.
Adam eyed his surroundings, seeming to have accepted his death quite readily. He eyed his surroundings as he sat idly in his chair, cracking his neck as his gaze darted around to see who else was there. Adam saw some of that all of the familiar faces were those who had died, some of which that had died by his hand. He had no regrets, taking a life became nothing more than a chore to the genocidal emperor. Adam was ready to pay for his crimes if need be, he had always been ready.

But he had some unfinished business still with those who had thrown him into such a situation. He knew the way he died was not by Lucas's doing, he just knew that someone had chosen to forfeit his life. Adam made it a goal to figure out who it was that chose to kill him.

@Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Takumi @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk @dark @Afterlife

Amir gave Toffee a small nod in greeting, but remained quiet as he and Mason spoke.

She recognized Adam, but said nothing other than giving him a small nod in greeting as well, idly wondered what Six was doing now.

Principal...

"...Principal Klim."

"Noembelu, is this man someone you recognize? Or someone your friend jad known??" Amir asked curiously.

Noembelu paid no mind to the new arrivals, as none of them she'd been particularly close to. Her focus was mainly on getting out of this room. "I don't know," she replied. "Honda never brought up a Troy or Annette or Josephine. But if we have to help them remember who they are to leave...maybe he met someone somehow."
S6mbBNf.jpg

"You know..." Toffee said as he leaned forward towards Noembelu. "You seem to mention this Honda person quite a bit. Now, normally I wouldn't insinuate such a thing, but with recent events I must ask...

ivhRrzA.jpg

"Are you one hundred percent sure that you can trust this person? For all we know, he could be working alongside Ms. Maximoff and her family." Toffee said dryly.

@Atomyk @Josh M @Minerva @Jeremi @York @Gands @Bomb @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @dark @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife​

Phil Connors

" I can live with that decision."
He didn't argue. There was nobody else in his mind that deserved to die or live. If Lucas choose it or the group chose so be it. If somebody want to sacrifice themselves, so be it. He wasn't about to go out of his way to anger them more.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Otto @Kaykay @The Batter @Rec Room

Cap was fuming but he knew that doing anything physical to Phil would just feed into what Lucas wanted so he relented. He knew however if they needed someone to die...no...Cap wasn't going to sacrifice himself for the greater good, at least not yet. "I think we're done here for now, should we look and see how the others are doing? I'm sure they are surprised by the dead bodies." It wasn't meant as a jab towards Phil but it sure sounded like it.

@Atomyk @Otto @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Batter @RecreationRoom

c567apture-png.143139

"We are merely stuck between the folds of the world as you know it and the other," T'Challa responded to Black Adam. "You just missed our hosts in this realm." He made his way to the wall and touched it. "And now we are here, trapped like animals. Or perhaps we are just cheese ripened for consumption?"​

Phil Connors

" It's all we can do. I imagine that the next area won't open until three more of us die, either by choice or some freak accident."
Phil crossed his arms and took a sip of the Jim Bean. The fact he hadn't had the glass broken before now amazed me. Especially since he was shoved and pushed around. If they didn't force him out of the room, after he finished his drink, he would go and pour another one. If Phil happened to be the last one in the room to leave, he would click on Teddy and , drop them a point, bringing him back to five.

@The Batter @Jeremi @Atomyk @Kaykay @Otto @Rec Room

Phil Connors

" It's all we can do. I imagine that the next area won't open until three more of us die, either by choice or some freak accident."
Phil crossed his arms and took a sip of the Jim Bean. The fact he hadn't had the glass broken before now amazed me. Especially since he was shoved and pushed around. If they didn't force him out of the room, after he finished his drink, he would go and pour another one. If Phil happened to be the last one in the room to leave, he would click on Teddy and , drop them a point, bringing him back to five.

@The Batter @Jeremi @Atomyk @Kaykay @Otto @Rec Room

Cap didn't trust Phil after the last stunt and when the others started to leave he'd turn to address Phil. "Better head out Phil so that you don't get left behind." No way was he going to leave Phil as the last one to leave. "Please. I insist."

@Atomyk @Otto @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Batter @RecreationRoom

Phil Connors

Phil looked over at him. " I'll be right there, I just am pouring myself another drink for the road. I mean, I wouldn't be stupid to disobey you, you already threw me to the floor before and dropped me a point, he said to him, taking his sweet time to pour that drink.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Kaykay @Otto @The Batter @Rec Room

Adam gave a slight tilt of his head to Amir, surprised somewhat internally that she did not seem to know that he had caused her death. He decided not to state it for now, seeing as it wouldn't really help his situation.

He turned to Panther, eyes narrowing at the revelation of being trapped within a room once more. "Every cage has it's opening. We will just need to find it in order to leave this place, if we are trapped in here." He began to quickly inspect the room they were in, trying to find anything of interest.

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.