"He... has a point, Nyle," Leo admitted after a long pause of contemplation, biting his lip hard. Motioning the other over again, he was genuine in his suggestion for all three of them to get close. It was comforting to be affectionate and he could tell Oliver needed it.

"Well, you need to at least break up with her properly. FaceTime her or something, yeah? Don't leave her hoping for something that won't come," urged the spirit. "I mean, do what makes you happy I suppose,"

"That sounds like a plan," beamed Oliver, happy that someone at least agreed with him. He was aware that it only made Nyle more angry, even more so when Oliver obediently planted himself down beside Leo for the close proximity, but he wasn't going to make himself miserable for his friend's benefit. Admittedly, seeing Nyle storm off in disgust made him feel awkward, but he refused to move away from Leo, enjoying the moment more than he cared to admit.

"...I like May a lot, it's just... I dunno. Stuff happens. I shouldn't have done any of that, but I'm a dick sometimes and I was... I don't know. Always too scared to, like, admit I liked guys? Then I met you and Nyle and I realised I wanted what you guys had, so... yeah. I'll break up with her, promise. And Nyle will be alright, he's just mad at me, which is... fine."

Leo immediately put his hands up and offered an anxious laugh at the scene though was hiding his distress. All he wanted to do was to make everyone happy and it seemed he was notorious for doing the exact opposite. Watching Nyle storm off only left him to warily glance over at Oliver, his voice cracking as he spoke.

"L-Listen, I'm no therapist," he started with, his cheeks growing red, "I just want you guys to be friends and... and make everyone happy. I don't think you should feel obligated to be with May but... but, I-I don't know. It's your choice? It might be for the best if we can't figure out this whole humans thing...? I don't know, I'm sorry..."

"Nah, it's cool, I'll figure it out. And Nyle will be alright, he's just pissed at me. I probably shouldn't be sat next to you like this, I'm sure he thinks I'm gonna, like, make a move on you. I'm not, by the way. You're a mate," he insisted, silently glancing to the laptop to at least give his eyes something to focus on, deciding that glancing at Leo would only make him feel awkward, given the conversation.

"I mean, I said you were cute once, that's all. He's got it in his head that I have a major crush on you or something, which I don't. You're cute, but I'm allowed to say that without it meaning I fancy you, right? He's just... paranoid," he shrugged, laughing lightly in an attempt to make it more casual than it seemed. "You and him are, like... solid as a rock, so... as long as I don't go near you, he'll be happy. That's dumb, obviously, but... I want you guys happy, so I can always just... wander about by myself for a while, until he's less... suspicious?"

"I didn't think you liked me and I still don't," he reassured before offering a smile and getting to his feet. "I'll talk to him if you want. I want to make sure that everything is smoothed over, okay? And... and if you want, I dated online for a little bit. Maybe that's for the best?" He suggested before moving to wrap the other in a blanket.

"I'll be right back, okay?" He reassured with a deep sigh. "I'm just tired of all of this already, it's stressing me out. This house isn't very big, he's probably on the porch," he murmured before passing through the ceiling, watching as the couple reviewed their footage with a wary frown.

And, as expected, Nyle could be found on the porch, looking over the garden with a frown. He turned around when he sensed Leo, smiling awkwardly -and in embarrassment- over his abrupt exit. "Look, I... that was dramatic, I know, but I didn't want to argue in front of you," he explained with a weak smile, reaching to pull Leo closer. "I love you a lot, and I just... Oliver... I don't know, it's my fault, I'm being paranoid. I'm sorry--"

Midway through his attempt at an apology for his behaviour -and an effort at being romantic with brief kiss he managed to give to his boyfriend-, Nyle, again, abruptly vanished. Only this time, he had no control over it. He didn't make the conscious decision to just disappear; it was something that happened against his knowledge. In fact, it was a greater deal than simply growing transparent to have some time to himself; his spirit wasn't in the house any longer, having disappeared from it entirely.

The idea that he could be alive again had been something he had obviously wished for, but knew the reality of it was unattainable. He had died and his body buried six foot underground, so for Nyle, the rest of his life would be spent as a ghost; something he wasn't necessarily horrified by given he could spend eternity beside the person he loved most in the world. That said, he had regretted dying when he did, knowing how much pain it had caused his family and the friends that were left behind.

That didn't mean he expected to ever live again... which made waking up inside the coffin... a strange experience. It was a long month after his sudden disappearance from the porch, though he didn't realise just how long he had been gone, nor did he remember anything that happened after it. He was there one moment, and the next he was waking up in a coffin that -thankfully- hadn't quite been shut properly since it as reopened. He had had no idea that some private, elusive company had purposely sought out coffins of the recently deceased in their quest to succeed in reanimation, one being Nyle's. It was through sheer chance that he had been one of five chosen for the experiment and, fortunately, buried again when they naively thought their expensive experiment had ceased to work. Nyle had shown no signs of life and was swiftly buried again. Had he shown the experiment worked, there was no chance for him to have a normal life; he would have kept inside a cell inside a laboratory and experimented on for the rest of his days. Fortunately, he was deemed a failure, which left him waking up inside the coffin, trying to gather himself together.

It took him a long time getting out of it, and an even longer time to convince his father and sisters that he was alive, and that his appearance on their doorstep wasn't a sick joke. He realised that he had died, but he couldn't exactly stroll up to them and tell them that, somehow, he was alive again; they would only figure out that something was wrong with him and be fearful of him. Instead, he went through great efforts to conceal the bullet wound on his forehead and make himself look as alive as he could. The company had managed to reverse the signs of decomposition, enough for him to walk around in public without alerting horror, but he wasn't perfect, so time had to be dedicated to concealing himself as much as possible. Somehow, they bought his story, believing his tale that he had woken up in the middle of nowhere and that someone else was buried accidentally in his place. It was a ridiculous excuse, but they had no other reason than to believe it when he was stood in front of them in the flesh.

Nyle realised that nothing was going to be normal again, of course. He realised that the moment he met his family and wanted nothing more than to bash their heads in to get to their brain - it wasn't a nice thought, but it was all he could really think about during the weeks he stayed with them. He also realised normality was impossible when his hand detached from his arm one day, leaving him no choice but to messily stitch it back on and miraculously found that it still worked perfectly. Despite all that, he knew he was alive again -or, rather, undead- and he was thankful for it... even if he had to deal with being a zombie. It was better than being a ghost, he decided. He could still talk, think and move perfectly normally, so the only downsides were the cravings and the frailties of his body. Unfortunately, those downsides were considerable.

His family noticed how strange he was and inevitably grew concerned, so he made his exit from the home as soon as he could. He didn't want them noticing anything weird about him, even if he looked different and acted different, so it gave him a good excuse to leave and head back to Leo... even if he wasn't sure how to explain what had happened. Nor could he come to terms with the actions he had committed to silence the cravings, the few incidents he had acted upon them being things he wanted to keep to himself, for obvious reasons.

And yet, despite wanting to be with Leo, the first place he went to was to Gigi's home. He had received care from his family, but a maternal presence had been severely lacking, and he had always gravitated towards Gigi for that alone. He wanted to be comforted and he had always felt she gave him that, even if he had to first explain why he wasn't dead and why he looked as he did. He was considerably paler -deathly pale, in fact- and his eyes were framed by dark, permanent marks, which only emphasised the deathly appearance. He had managed to hide the bullet wound with makeup, but his arms were lined with evidence that not everything was right, whether that was by the stitches or the signs of decomposition that the company had failed to fully reverse. He opted to wear large hoodies to ensure nothing could be seen, thankful that his face had at least avoided the misfortune of permanent decomposition signs. His neck did, a large portion of the right-hand side lacking flesh entirely, but wearing his hood up managed to hide that from the world.

"...Gigi?" He called out weakly through the letterbox, fiddling with his large sleeves out of nervousness. "I-It's, uh.. It's Nyle, do you maybe wanna open up? I... I could do with a friend right now, and I, uh... got some explaining to do, I guess?"

Out of all of the townspeople, Gigi took the sudden death the hardest. With Leo's case, his death and funeral had been out of obligated sympathy rather than genuine care since the agoraphobe left the house only for groceries and when he did it would be done as quickly as possible. With Nyle, he had felt genuinely distraught after having built a relationship with the boy. She had taken it hard but her family had consoled her the best they could. It took a few months but it had been almost half a year since the funeral so she had time to heal.

To see Nyle standing outside of her door looking... well, looking like shit, she was naturally hit with confusion, fear, and joy. Swinging the door open, she took in Nyle with cheeks stained with tears. She had seen Nyle as a second son to her so to see him here even with his horrible state was fantastic. She pulled him into a tight hug, squeezing tight.

"Am I going crazy? Are you really here?" She asked quickly, her cheeks reddened. "Oh my gosh, I... this can't be real, Nyle. I had attended your funeral, met your family. I'm really losing it, huh?" She babbled our, looking about anxiously to make sure her husband hadn't returned.

"...It's a long story. To cut it short, I... wasn't dead. They must have buried someone else, mistook them for me. I-I don't know, Gigi. I woke up the middle of nowhere, it took me ages to get back home," he explained weakly, cringing every time he had to relay the tale. It was a pathetic explanation that made little to no sense, but the fact he was stood in the flesh often meant nobody could really critique his story that much. He was in front of her, so he doubted she could pick apart what he was saying, which came as a relief because he hardly wanted to freak her out with the truth.

"Can I... have a cup of tea or... or something hot? I haven't had anything to drink since the train," he explained as he carefully stepped into the home he guessed was warm and toasty. He couldn't feel heat anymore, but his past experiences of being ushered into her home out of the cold gave him a clue that this time was no different. He was also eager to enter just to cut short the hug, being afraid that the strength of it might just unpick a few stitches and cause an arm to just fall to the ground. He wasn't the best at sewing, which meant the stitches were often prone to coming loose, and like hell did he want that happening in front of Gigi.

"You were at my... funeral? My Dad mentioned that, actually. Said you showed up with your family. I mean, that's... god, it's so weird. Everyone mourning me when I... wasn't dead," he weakly smiled, taking a seat at the small kitchen table with a conscious effort to keep his hood up. Normally, he hated people who did that, thinking it was just rude, but he had no choice now unless he wanted to expose the bones in his neck to her. "My Dad practically fainted when I showed up back home, I, uh... it scared the shit outta him. It's weird, I-I get that, but... I dunno, life's weird sometimes? I'm just glad to be here-- I know the house has been sold to someone else, so... so that kinda leaves me homeless, huh?"

"Your parents kicked you out?" She confirmed in disbelief as she quickly started up the kettle. For all she knew she could still be completely mad so anything she could do to keep the moment last, she would. "That's... surprising. They were lovely folks and I remember you were always bragging on about how great they were, yeah?" She confirmed, her smile fading to a frown. Glancing at the clock, she took a seat opposite the other.

"Well, I... I still have Roger's old bedroom. He moved to Washington a month ago so I figure it won't be used unless my husband wants to change it into some man-cave. I could let you stay there until you get back on your feet, right? I'm just - I'm so confused on why you would want to come back here. The world is your oyster for someone as young as you, wouldn't you want to move somewhere other than this sleepy town?" She asked while wiping his face clear of snot from her emotional cry.

"...They haven't kicked me out, they'd never do that, but, uh... something tells me they'd rather I took a break from visiting them," he explained with a shrug, hiding how upset using those words made him. In reality, his family would want nothing more than for him to stay there with them, but he couldn't do that without them noticing how... weird he was compared to how they used to know him. It left him no choice but to leave, which he wanted to do anyway. He wanted to be back at home with Leo, even if that wasn't so easy when the home was no longer his and the owners were people Nyle had already met. Arriving on their doorstep when they had already met him as a ghost was hardly the best decision, unless he came up with another excuse.

"Hey, this town isn't so bad! You're here, that's... a major point in its favour. I like it here, Gigi. It's quiet and isolated, and... and I need that after the last few months," he admitted as he reached for the tea, nodding gratefully. The small slice of kindness meant a lot more to him than he cared to admit, his voice growing thick in his own emotion. "I, uh... I-I won't be here long. I'll find my own place soon, I-I just... need a few weeks to get everything sorted. It's taken a lot outta me, y'know? Having everyone... think I'm dead and all... U-Uh... god, I'm sorry to put you through th-that, Gigi."

"It isn't your fault, Nyle! Relax," she urged with a soft smile, getting to her feet once the tea was ready. Pouring in what she remembered was his taste, she handed it over and waited impatiently to make sure it was all good.

"So what is your plan? You've... got to explain a lot, I'm sure. It's been half a year, Nyle. I haven't checked out the newest locals from your old house but I'd love to talk to them if you want me to. It isn't fair for you to get all of that taken away from you,"

"I heard they're ghost hunters. I stopped off at the bar before I came here, heard a few of the locals mention them. I... I hope they're not there to, like, pick up my spirit or anything. Waste of time if they are, huh?" He laughed quietly, sipping at the tea with a sigh. One thing he at least appreciated was being able to actually taste food and drink again, the months he spent as a spirit lacking that being horrible. Even if nothing really satisfied his cravings, just having a sweet cup of tea again almost made him emotional, though he bit back his tears with a sniffle.

"You don't need to talk to them, I'll head over and do that," he said as he took in the woman opposite him, finding his smile growing the more time ticked by. He had always admitted to missing her, but he only realised just how much he had now he was back, able to see and speak to her again. "...I love that house a lot, so... maybe they'll move out soon? I know I'll be the first to try and get the house back if that happens, this is where I wanna be, you know? I couldn't be anywhere else-- it sounds corny, huh? But it's true, I mean... I-I need to be here."

"This town really did leave an impression on you, huh? You're a young, spunky lad and yet you're so excited to be here. When I was your age, I wanted to live in California. Somewhere warm and sunny, you know?" She admitted with a sigh though smiled nonetheless.

"Well, as I said you're more than welcome to stay here tonight until you get that cute little house back. Just... don't stress too much over it. If I'm going to be honest with you, you look like you need a shower and sleep," she admitted before sipping her own tea.

"And you're sure it's alright for me to crash here? Your husband's not gonna get jealous that you have a cute younger man around the place, is he?" Nyle teased with a growing grin, the playful teasing being another thing he had missed greatly over the last few months. His sisters and his father were always far too concerned over his changes (and his story) and he was always far too scared that they might notice something to really engage in something as normal as playful joking around. Thankfully, he seemed to slip right back into that within minutes of being back around Gigi.

"It was a long train ride, I...guess a shower would be nice. Let me just head over next door first, introduce myself properly. I'm sure Bitters is still hanging around the place and... and I bet he misses me. Bitters was like my cat, you know? They can have the house but they ain't having my cat all to themselves."

"Okay, sure. Just be careful, yeah? Those neighbors are mighty loud," she admitted, her eyes moving to the long driveway that hid his old home. She offered an encouraging smile nonetheless, holding back her worry well. Nyle was an adult, he could handle it all.

At the home, Leo had managed to make a bit of an agreement with the humans. He would never show himself to them but would give just enough to request things. He would scratch what he needed on the walls, for example, and to place it in the attic. In return, he'd break something on camera to give some sort of confirmation to keep the humans entertained. That being said, lounging on the beanbag chair he ordered didn't compare to the fact that Nyle had suddenly disappeared for three months without reason. He had just gotten him back and suddenly his boyfriend was taken away again.

He didn't really know what to do so he naturally came to Oliver for comfort. That being said, despite having the urge to possibly forget everything and try to move on he did make sure to keep the interaction platonic. He would snuggle close to watch television or for comfort when he would be hit with a sudden, particularly hard case of depression the longer the days went without Nyle. Of course, time wasn't quite the same for them as it was for a human but it still was miserable.

That particular moment was spent burying his face in the beanbag chair, Bitters curled up beside him purring in his sleep. He hated how sunny it was all the time these days, it made him feel worse about his situation. "Ugh... Oliver, can you pass the bottle of wine?" He begged. He couldn't taste it but it was something to do.

"Another bottle of wine? I don't know how you drink this stuff. I mean, I know we can't taste it, but I'll still maintain how disgusting it tastes. I never liked it," declared Oliver easily, though it didn't stop him taking a swig from the bottle before handing it over to Leo. The ghost couldn't get drunk so Oliver had no issue handing him bottles of wine if that was what helped him get through the depression and the loneliness that came from abruptly losing Nyle. Oliver had his own issues over it, of course. Nyle was his best friend and someone he had relied on for months after their deaths. Without him, he'd have lost his mind, so losing him now only brought on his own set of problems.

Fortunately, he did have Leo to lean on and share those problems with, even if it only made his feelings grow for him. It was almost inevitable that he'd end up falling for the other, having gone as far as to try to kiss him one night a month ago. He didn't bring it up, in fear of making things awkward, but he still thought of it - even if the thought made him cringe in embarrassment once he remembered the rejection that had followed it.

"...Don't head down there, it'll just be one of their ghost hunting mates," he shrugged when the doorbell rang, staying rooted to the spot on the bed. He was curious, of course, but he didn't really want to watch the humans all be happy with one another when his own happiness had been lacking for months. It just didn't seem that fair. "Ignore them, Leo."

He was intending to stay... until he saw Bitters sit up and sniff around curiously. He was a smart cat evidently and even though it had been 6 months since he had actually smelled Nyle's body, he knew the scent of the people he cared about and Nyle was the main caretaker he had that had a body to him upon meeting. Watching as Bitters meowed and chirped eagerly as he scratched the board that covered the basement from the rest of the house. Looking over at Oliver curiously, Leo raised a brow before deciding to let the cat go only to see the black cat easily padding past the couple to eagerly rub against Nyle's leg, that pleasant chirping continuing as he jumped up further to rub against Nyle as much as possible.

"... Oh, uh, hello," greeted Bruce, the fact that the cat had hurried to the door long before he even opened the door only to watch the cat rub against this new stranger desperately. The husband did pause upon realizing that the man in front of his door looked oddly familiar to the spirit he had spoken to. The difference is that this 'human' was in pretty shit condition.

"...Oh.Oh, hello?" Tina greeted wearily once approaching behind her husband, though her confusion to the person on the doorstep abruptly ended the moment she recognised him. It made no sense whatsoever to see Nyle on the doorstep like this, and if Nyle hadn't been as polite as friendly during their first meeting, she probably would have forced her husband to shut the door, just to avoid the confusion his presence brought. Instead, she pressed forward to make sure what she was seeing was real, her brow arched when she realised Nyle was there in flesh and bone.

"Nyle-- How are you-- I mean--"

"Can I come in, maybe? I... I, uh... I want to see Leo," he explained as he happily pulled Bitters up into his arms, his smile widening at the familiarity the feline clearly felt for him. Any idea of faking his identity had left his mind when he realised there really was no excuse he could say, so he opted simply not to explain. The couple had to accept the fact he was there in front of them, because he really wasn't prepared to go through the truth, nor was he prepared to repeat the lie again. "I don't want to talk about... why I... how I'm here, I just want to see Leo and then I-I'll go, alright?"

The cat eagerly climbed up Nyle's chest to get every bit of himself to rub against the body, the chirping continue. He only seemed to stop when Leo appeared in shared confusion. It was the first time he had appeared since the couple had moved in so they were immediately curious.

"What is going on?" He asked quietly, his arms wrapped around himself warily. The last three months loosely interacting with the couple was the most he wanted to get involved. To be seen by them made him uncomfortable as he took Nyle in, his hands tracing the other 's cheek in horror. "Where- How? W-What happened? You left - you've been gone for three months, Nyle. Now you're back in... a body?"

"I didn't leave on purpose, it wasn't really something I had control of, Leo. I don't know what happened, but... but look, I'm alive, that's... sort of cool, yeah?" He grinned weakly, nervously eyeing the couple stood behind them. He would happily tell Leo the truth of what happened -at least as much as he knew- but not when the couple were present. He was far too scared to even admit it all to Leo. To tell complete strangers about his fate and everything he was going through was out of the question, so he quickly offered a polite smile and pulled Leo out to the porch.

"I... woke up in the coffin-- my coffin," he explained with a faint laugh, chuckling at the morbid absurdity of it all. "And... And I'm not alive, not really. My heart isn't beating, y'know? I... I think that's major evidence that I'm not... technically alive, but... but I'm still me, Leo. And I don't... mind this. I saw my family, y'know? That was... fucking amazing. Gigi said I can stay with her for a little while, so I... I have her back in my life. I dunno, I... I obviously want to come back here, but I don't think I can for a while when that couple is still here. Besides, you might think I'm, like, a freak or whatever."

Nudging the ghost lightly, his smile only widened at the familiar feeling he was hit with. He wasn't in any doubt that his love for Leo was the same, but he was happy to feel that love hit him when he finally got to reunite with him.

"I look a mess, right? I tried my best to... look good, but it's not really that easy. I-I mean, I gotta keep my hood up and I have to wear this hoodie all the time or... or I'll just freak people out. It ain't good, Leo."