2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Eczar
1975. A time of struggle for muggles and wizards alike. While the cold war is at its height, the wizarding world is faced with a war of its own. The Daily Prophet has reported nothing but bad news as of late. There have been disappearances, murders, dark marks in the sky, and sightings of strange men in masks. Whispers say this is all the work of the Dark Lord, an enemy so formidable no one dares to speak his name.

A dark cloud hangs over Hogwarts, for even its peace has been disturbed. The promise of a new academic year and its would-be adventures are instead shrouded in unspeakable fear. There are those who come to Hogwarts with dark intentions and even darker magic. No one knows who they are. They stay in the shadows, bearing the faces of old friends or foes, whispering, scheming...

In this age of growing racial prejudice, the well-being of half-breeds and muggle borns hang in the balance.

Hogwarts is no longer safe.
Current Chapter 6: A Solemn Supper

Date: Wednesday, October 8 1975
Time: 6pm
Event: Feast at the Great Hall
Weather: Cloudy

Hogwarts opens its great doors once more, though the students that choose to remain are anything but great in number. If, at the beginning of the school year, the halls were flooded with streams of black robes, it is now reduced to a trickle. And what would customarily be an exited hubbub is now uncomfortably quiet, occasionally permeated by whispers of uncertainty and fear.

Something about Hogwarts has changed. Something more than the Chamber of Secrets being opened then closed once again. Something more than the appointment of the new Headmaster Demetrius Creed, whose very existence seems to be shrouded in mystery. Hogwarts itself seems foreboding somehow. Like some dark and evil spirit has possessed its very walls. For the castle towers now stood frowning upon the encroaching students like it loathes for them to come back. There will be no warm welcome, no semblance of a joyous celebration to be had. There is only the beginnings of an omen.

But even in the darkness, there is hope. The two students who fell victim to the Basilisk are now cured and well, even if the trauma remains with them and will haunt their dreams for some time.

Today, they will be rejoining their classmates who, upon their arrival, are immediately ushered into the Great Hall for supper. There, half the former staff awaits them upon their usual seats at the great table, whilst the other half seems to have been replaced by unknown and unwelcoming new faces. The usual seat of the Headmaster is curiously empty.
Write-up by Adrian | Coding by Adrian | © Art taken from Pottermore

SU / EXT / OOC
0 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 /

Last edited:
759ea16371a874549390735fd51c5012.png

Interactions: Ash (@Ghostly Boo )
Mentions: None

Despite her day out with Ren being over, Elise was overjoyed that she had managed her cheer up her friend somehow. The events within the school were horrific – yet she could not allow Ren to blame himself. In result, a wide smile was settled on her glossy lips, blue eyes sparkling with glee as she headed through the town. Though it was growing late, Elise wanted to enjoy the day while she could as she feared there would not be peace for a while considering the transpiring events plaguing this year so far.

Her steps were light upon the cobble path, as each one was near enough a skip. Her hands were linked, fingers entwined, behind her back as she glanced around at the passing shops with curiousity – her mind already wondering to if she should try get something while she was out. Elise was peering into a window, lips pursed and brows furrowed in concentration for a moment or two before she shook her head, sigh tumbling from her lips.

A short while later and a continued pattern of stopping at a store to muse on her thoughts and debate a purchase, time had quickly passed. Elise found herself within the centre of the town, her gaze sliding around as she took note of the occasional student she recognised – at least, until she found her best friend. Elise's gaze widened, lips pursing as she took her time in reaching her best friend, only to gently drop herself onto the seat next to him. A smile formed upon her lips as she leaned forwards, glancing at her friend curiously.

"I haven't seen you all day! How are you, Ash?"

Last edited:
  • Sweet
Reactions: Ghostly Boo
e885e55c18681a4ae06c835015d18e3b.jpg
Ash Caster
Spending the afternoon with one of his best friends had helped ass loosen up after the events of the day. However, Effie couldn't stick around forever and eventually less then pleasant thought's began to sink back in. He had no idea how he'd managed to dig himself into such a deep hole of problems, as well as the fact he'd managed to gain himself a group of death eaters he'd been convinced were his friend's. How foolish he had been.

He tightened his fingers around the dark cover of the book in his hands, one he'd purchased when both Effie and himself had finally left the book shop and parted way's. He'd had a number of things he'd wanted to speak to the younger girl about, the realisation that not everyone was who he thought they were, had the young Slytherin processing all his friendships in a new light.

The only friend he hadn't been doubting or worrying over was Elise, his sunny best friend was more likely to blurt out a big secret then keep it to herself. Beside's, he trusted her far to much to ever doubt her.

As if summoned by his thought's said Ravenclaw dropped into place beside him, soothing something deep inside him that...he hadn't even realised was out of place until she fixed it. "Hey..." He closed the book in his hand's feeling bad for the rumbled pages his tight grip had caused. "As well as ever Elise," He said, a small smile lightening his expression. "Did you enjoy spending time with Ren? How is he?" he asked lightly, while offering her the book in his hand's before she had to ask what it was.

Mentions: Ren Pearce @Vio - Elise Campbell @Sanguine Fox
Interactions: Elise Campbell @Sanguine Fox

• Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing

Elise took the book with a cautious grip, her grin still in place as her eyes scanned cautiously over the front cover. She adored all books - knowledge was power after all. Her fingers delicately traced the spine as her fingers pried open the cover to reveal the first few pages. Delight adorned her features - at least, until Elise noticed the crumpled pages. Her expression took a moment to shift into one of concern as she peered from the corner of her eyes at her friend, lips falling into the smallest of frowns.

Her gaze slid back to the book for a moment as she settled it, having brushed out the damaged pages as much as possible, onto her lap. Folding her hands on top of the closed book, Elise turned herself upon her seat to face Ash, her worried gaze settled carefully onto his own features. He smiled...yet she didn't believe it after seeing the book. "Are you sure you are okay, Ash?" She asked softly, glancing to the book quickly before back to him. "I...Just...You don't seem okay- Well! I mean your smiling but...you don't seem like you are...and the pages..." Elise mumbled out, furrowing her brows before she shook her head hurriedly. "You obviously don't have to tell me! I mean - If you don't want to talk about it or I'm just overly worrying its fine! But - you know you can always talk to me, right?"

• Sweet
Ash Caster
Ash lightly tapped his fingers against his knees, a small little sigh slipping through his lips as he let Elise inspected the book he'd handed her, likely one she would also enjoy. He cast a brief, curious glance around, feeling a small wave of relief upon finding his little follower no longer hanging around, he'd been careful to avoid any topic's that may be cause for concern. His play at being as boring as possible had clearly payed off, he hadn't even noticed when his fellow Slytherin had stopped following them around.

He blinked slowly, turning his attention back to the girl beside him as she spoke. His smile dropped slightly, his tapping fingers freezing. "I..." He hesitated, having always detested any form of lying especially to Elise. To anyone really. His lifted a pale hand, running his fingers through his raven locks as he looked at her, grey eye's looking stressed. "If I can't tell you something, who can I tell," He muttered.

He reached out and silently took her hand, threading their fingers together, his gaze dropping to his shoes as he held his friends hand. "I found out some stuff...about Victoria and the other's...Stuff that made me realise that I probably don't know my friend's as well as I'd originally thought," He explained in a light tone, giving her hand a light squeeze, simply enjoying the comfort it gave him.

He released a humourless laugh. "I'm not sure I can even tell you any more without potentially putting you in danger," He admitted, taking his hand back with a awkward look. "Probably confusing you as much as I've confused myself."

Mentions: Elise Campbell @Sanguine Fox

Elise tightened her grip upon Ash's hand, a blush tempting to colour her cheeks but her concern was winning out before her feelings for Ash. The brunette stared at him worriedly, her head lulling slightly as she listened carefully, her lips still pulled into a slight frown. She hated this – Ash looked so miserable. However, Elise kept herself silent and listened.

Teeth chewed softly at her lower lip, her gaze sliding to some far of students lingering around the town, though her attention was fully on Ash, she was mulling what he said over. "I don't think people can know everyone entirely…We all change – you can know someone well. I mean, we know each other well," Elise rambled out, only slightly upset by the movement of his hand. A sigh parted from her lips as she glanced back to him, bringing a smile to her lips. "We are best friends after all! And we've known each other forever…So, Ash, if this is something that could be a danger to me…isn't it a danger to you too?" Elise asked quietly.

Worry flitted onto her features, her smile weakening. She was far less concerned with a risk to herself – but now there seemed to be a risk to her friend and she would not ignore that. "If that is the case, I would prefer to know. I don't entirely get what you are on about…but if this is something dangerous then I am really worried for you! I want to make sure your okay…"

• Sweet
Ash Caster
Ash rubbed the back of his neck as slid his gaze away, grey eyes darkening. "I don't think I really knew them at all," He muttered, still not fully understanding how he felt after speaking with the twins and Victoria. He had always wanted to help a friend, but what she asked was too much...heck...he felt like he didn't even know any of them...which he didn't.

A weak little laugh slipped through his lips as he shook his head. "Of course you do," He said softly, finally returning his attention to Elise. "You have a terrible sense of self preservation," He informed her with a slight smile. "But..I suppose you're right, if it were me in your shoes I'd want to know as well, no matter how dangerous."

He shifted closer to her as he flicked a glance around to be sure they were alone, his hand gripping her's once more. "Elise, you can't speak of this to anyone," He said in a serious tone, gently gripping her fingers a little tighter. With one last breath of reluctance he told her about the little meeting he'd had with Victoria.

About he asking for his help to free someone from prison, to join them and their cause and the connections he'd made himself without them having to be said aloud by the older girl. He told her about the obvious threat the other girl had place and the decision he'd lied about making.

"I don't doubt she'll either force the choice upon me without my consent or...she'll use someone I care about to make me, Death Eaters can't be trusted Elise...I just...I can't believe I was so wrong about her...about everything, I'm a fool."

• Sympathy & Compassion

Elise listened and each word that was spoken made her heart feel heavy within her chest, blue eyes staring wide-eyed at the other as her hands trembled into fists upon her lap. Terror froze the usually animate girl, mind musing wildly over the situation presented her to try find a solution and when it could not stay rational, Elise' emotions reigned.

A sharp intake of breath broke her silence, her lip trembled slightly as tears threatened but did not fall from the corner of her widened eyes. Elise's usual calm composure was threatened – she herself stuck between being her usual calm, collected self and the part of her that was fearing greatly for her friend. Death eaters! This year was already a mess and people were already suffering – the very train ride to school earlier in the year was proof. Elise herself was still shook by the event and now, someone had the audacity to drag her friend into the chaos?

Nails dug tightly into the flesh of her lower arms as she soothed herself, burying the swelling anger and fear deep down as she released a heavy sigh from her lips. "I…Urh…." She stuttered, the fragility of her composure evident, "I won't say anything but…We need to do something! I'm not letting anyone harm you – your my best friend!" She hissed under her breath, gaze narrowed in determination as she let her hands fall limply on her lap. "We need to keep them away from you – at all times. At least, till we figure something out…"

• Nice Execution!
Ash Caster
Ash felt a sharp pinch of regret as he watched his best friend struggle with herself. He was good at keeping secrets and it was definitely one he could have handled alone...at least...he liked to believe he could.

He huffed out a small breath feeling the urge to comfort his friend but unsure of the best way too. "It wasn't my safety I was worried about Elise, It everyone I care about..." He explained, his hand giving a nervous wave as he spoke. He gave her a small smile, eyes softening. "Elise, you can't stay with me every hour of every day, no one can and I wouldn't want that," He said gently. "But we will work out a plan," He said in a gentle, soothing voice.

Ash was just about to give his friend a hug, hoping it would help to calm her down, definitely something he'd learned from her over the years. However, before he could even touch her, a head of brown hair appeared between them. That brown hair was connected to the pinkest face he'd ever seen.

"It appears I've made a grave mistake!" Eliiot Graves blurted out. With a slow blink of long lashes he looked between the two as if only just noticing them. Ash was to startled by the sudden appearance of the Ravenclaw to say a word...or feel annoyed.

"Oh my, it seems I've stumbled upon another private moment, my apologies," he said while settling himself between the two, allowing Ash to see the full extent of his pinkness while Elliot continued to speak. "But my head hurts oh so much, if i could simply sit with you both a moment..."

"Why are you so pink?"He blurted out in surprise, poking a finger lightly against his arm. His gave flicking over to Elise questionably as if she'd somehow know the answer.

"Oh this?" Elliot muttered as he pinched at his skin. "It's nothing," He said brightly. "Though now that you've touched me, you may find that it...spreads," He said with a small giggle of pure madness.

Mentions: Elise Campbell @Sanguine Fox - Elliot Graves (Me)
Interactions: Elise Campbell @Sanguine Fox - Elliot Graves (Me)

Last edited:

Interactions: Ash & Elliot (@Ghostly Boo )

Elise wanted to respond – but the truth was the truth. She couldn't be by Ash's side every moment of everyday. It was impossible despite her attempts to futilely find a method to do so. A breath fell from her lips as she let her head lull back, eyes turning to the darkening sky above as she pursed her lips, arms folding over her torso. "I don't care! I just want you safe….you…you are my best friend, Ash!" She murmured, sulking slightly in her seat.

The Ravenclaw looked miserable, at least till her expression morphed into one of shock by the sudden appearance of Elliot. Elise blinked, eyes owlishly wide as she was silent for a moment, trying to control her shock – her hand settled gently against her chest where her heart thumped wildly. "Oh my god…" Elise muttered to herself, sitting up properly with a huff. She had certainly not seen Elliot coming, at all. It didn't help that his face was bright pink – which only made the whole situation even stranger.

Quick enough, Elliot had sat himself between herself and Ash, much to her dismay and minor annoyance. Shuffling over to make room, Elise let her hands drop limply into her lap, her legs swaying lazily before her as she kept her attention on the other two students, a small, slightly uncomfortable grin on her lips. "Are you okay? Should we get you somewhere or back to the school?...You are…seriously pink…" Elise blurted out, brows furrowed in worry. Glancing to Ash she chuckled softly, only to shake her head and gather herself up to stand. "How did this even happen?"

• Haha
Font 1

Font 2
Chapter VI. A Solemn Supper
v9wMnkK.jpg

Date: Wednesday, October 8 1975
Time: 6pm
Event: Feast at the Great Hall
Weather: Cloudy

Hogwarts opens its great doors once more, though the students that choose to remain are anything but great in number. If, at the beginning of the school year, the halls were flooded with streams of black robes, it is now reduced to a trickle. And what would customarily be an exited hubbub is now uncomfortably quiet, occasionally permeated by whispers of uncertainty and fear.

Something about Hogwarts has changed. Something more than the Chamber of Secrets being opened then closed once again. Something more than the appointment of the new Headmaster Demetrius Creed, whose very existence seems to be shrouded in mystery. Hogwarts itself seems foreboding somehow. Like some dark and evil spirit has possessed its very walls. For the castle towers now stood frowning upon the encroaching students like it loathes for them to come back. There will be no warm welcome, no semblance of a joyous celebration to be had. There is only the beginnings of an omen.

But even in the darkness, there is hope. The two students who fell victim to the Basilisk are now cured and well, even if the trauma remains with them and will haunt their dreams for some time.

Today, they will be rejoining their classmates who, upon their arrival, are immediately ushered into the Great Hall for supper. There, half the former staff awaits them upon their usual seats at the great table, whilst the other half seems to have been replaced by unknown and unwelcoming new faces. The usual seat of the Headmaster is curiously empty.

Piper Ryeland

Seventh Year, Hufflepuff

Mentions: Deborah Johnson @Adrian - Lauren Harrison @Bubbly Potions
Interactions: Pedro Giovanni @Bubbly Potions

Piper shifted her arm as the heavy weight on her shoulder moved again, sharp claws digging into her jacket. Not that she minded the sting at all, in fact, she was far to delighted by the creature to be even the slightest bit annoyed by it. She drew another strip of raw meat from the leather pouch against her hip, lifting it up for the Snallygaster to take from her.

She drew her hand back before her fingers where bitten by it's sharp beak. The happy little clucking she released made a small smile curve the blondes lips. "Good girl," She murmured sweetly, casting a quick glance around the hall to make sure no one was around. This wasn't exactly her first smuggled magical creature, but it was definitely the first time she'd done it alone. She should have asked Debbie for help.

All she needed to do was get it up to her room and help mend her broken wing, then head down to the Great Hall. She drew another slice of meat from her bag as the Snallygaster begun to nudge at her, ruffling up her blue and cream feathers somewhat impatiently. "I'm going to run out before I get you to my room," She mumbled without any annoyance in her tone at all. She moved to glance around the corner, leading to the Hufflepuff dormitories, checking the coast was clear just like she'd been taught.

It was. With a sigh of relief she quickly hurried around the corner, resting her hand reassuringly against the beast claws to keep her steady. She was excited for Lauren to see the new creature she'd found and to help her take care of it, she'd missed her roommate and friend and was relieved that she was finally waking up...that she was okay.

Lost in her happy thought's, Piper missed the sound of foot falls until a figure was stepping out of what appeared to be a hidden entrance. She released a startled squeal as she bumped into them, her Snallygaster friend digging her claws in as her wings flapped in outrage, before she released Piper and flailed with one wing to the ground.

"Eek! Sorry!" She said to the figure she'd bumped into as she quickly moved to pick up the beast, not even glancing in the direction of the person. If it was a teacher or another student who didn't know of her little secret then her time here was as good as over. She'd rather not know who it is. So much for being happy to return to Hogwarts.

Elise, despite the feast, had her head buried within a book. While others were invested in conversations and festivities, Elise was solely concentrated upon the book settled within her grip, the size of which seemed to hide her well enough. It was a book brought from home on Hippogriffs and despite having completed the book multiple times, she was never any less excited when she began to read it once again. An intrigued glimmer appeared within her distracted gaze, her free hand tapping repetitively upon the wooden table as she blocked out the noise of the hall.

Only when a loud thud echoed next to her, did Elise snap her attention from the old, marred pages to look to her side. A bunch of younger Ravenclaws were in mid discussion and one that collapsed onto the bench, causing it to rock and the noise to disrupt Elise. Their joy however, caused Elise to smile briefly before looking back to the pages of her book. She was glad to see her fellow students happy despite how horrible the year had been so far. Her attention however, was grasped quickly enough by a familiar face approaching, causing her own to twist into a far happier expression as she gave her best friend a wide grin.

"Ash!" She called out as the other approached, taking a seat with her. Elise quickly enough settled the bookmark between her pages before letting the thick book close with a quiet thud. Pushing it from in front of her, Elise smiled brightly, "How are you?"

• Sweet
ELLIOT GRAVES
||Mentions:|| Leontios Castellanos @Sanguine Fox
||Interactions:|| Leontios Castellanos @Sanguine Fox
||Location:|| The Great Hall
Elliot tucked his little black book into the pocket of his pants. Adjusting his grasp on the cream pie in his free hand as he scanned the Great Hall, the room far quieter and empty then he'd ever seen it.

It made spotting his new found friend much easier. With a pleased smile he made his way to the Gryffindor table. He was wager to conduct his little experiment and what better way to do that then on his good friend Leontios whom he hadn't been friends with long.

"Leo!" he said brightly and he slipped into place beside him, placing down his pie as he cast a brief curious glance at the food served before then, smelling and looking as delicious as ever.

"I'd like to do a little experiment. Are you a willing participant?" He asked eagerly, forgetting all other pleasantries for a moment. "Oh....how rude of me. Its delightful to see you and you look well," he said happily, flashing a toothy grin looking quite proud of himself.

"Now, what do you say friend? Yes?" He asked eagerly.

Original By: Lillian Gray
Edits By: Bubbly Potions

• Haha

Rory Thomson
SEVENTH YEAR RAVENCLAW
It felt as if he had just woken from a very vivid and long nightmare, though the truth, of course, was that he had been awake and conscious for most of the time he had been petrified. He could not move nor speak. But much like one would be in a vegetative state, he could still hear things. He could understand.

And in that window of time, he had heard many frightening things. They were things that he would have previously capitalized on, had he not been the primary victim. Where in the past he would have gone to great lengths to gather more information, there was now a certain paranoid wariness about him. Time and again, he would look over his shoulder, certain that he had seen that thing slither past him yet again. Those yellow eyes.

It was too easy. Had the Chamber of Secrets really been closed? Somehow, he doubted it. He could feel it in his bones: the beast was still out there, lurking about, just waiting for the opportune time to strike again. There were new faces in Hogwarts now, too. Faces that he didn't recognize, but whose names struck him as familiar.

And then... the Headmaster. Who was he? He had never heard that name before. Even more curious was the fact that nobody had ever seen him yet. Rumor had it that he would keep himself locked up in his office day and night. What ever could be preoccupying him?

Upon entering the Great Hall, Rory immediately made his way to the first person he recognized in the crowd: Elizabeth Hawthorne. If there was anyone who could update him on the current happenings, it was his fellow newspaper club member.

@Vio

102b6df7ee55825b32a041d897ca0bdc.png

Interactions: Elliot (@Ghostly Boo )

As expected of Leontios, he was sincerely enjoying the feast as per usual. His plate was full of all different kinds of food he could get his hands on, part of it falling hazardously from the hill of food, only for Leo to quickly push it back to the top with his hand. His cheeks were puffed out, causing the fifth year to resemble a squirrel as he shovelled food into his mouth like a starved man. He wasn't the only one in the hall eating quickly but it was still a sight to see. Though his fellow Gryffindor classmates just cheered him on - somehow it had become a competition to see how much he could eat before throwing up.

Leontios peered over when someone sat next to him. He briefly wondered where the classmate to his side had gone when Elliot appeared. The Gryffindor blinked, before he quickly tried to swallow all the food - only to start coughing painfully. A classmate by his side sent a hard slap to his back, only to erupt into more laughter at Leo, who once was free from choking on his food, laughed too. Once that died down, Leo shifted on his spot to look at Elliot, a large grin on his lips directed towards his new friend.

"Heya, Elliot! How are you?" He asked, propping his folded arms up on the table as he pushed the plate away just enough to give him space. His question caused Leo to become curious, "Urh sure? What is the experiment?"

• Haha

Jasper Grey

received_470429863451978.jpeg
Jasper slid into the empty space beside Joan, placing food onto his place as he cast a quick glance towards the professors table, all the unfamiliar faces sitting above them. "We need to do something," He said, turning back to Joan.

He dished himself some food, then extra careful not to make much of a seen. "About what we heard," He said lowly, taking a bite of food, his expression serious. The number of students left, the number of old professors...He wished Ivar was with them, his friend was usually better at planing then Jasper and definitely better then Joan.

"I think we should try and spread the word...if his really here...then no one's safe especially with the chamber of secrets opened..." He said in a hushed voice. He stopped eating all together, feeling too distracted by the threat to their school and his thoughts to stomach anything. "If he is here then why wouldn't he show himself, Dumbledore isn't here so why hide?"

Mentions: Ivar Ragnulf @Bubbly Potions - Joan Lambert @Adrian
Interactions: Joan Lambert @Adrian

Reactions: Bubs
Ash Caster
Ash laughed softly as Elise closed her book; finding his best friend with her nose buried in a book was never surprising. "Hey you," He said brightly, settling his bag on the table as he cast a curious glance at the book she'd just closed.

"I'm great," He said immediately. The relief of no longer having to glance over his shoulder every second of every day was a complete relief. Though he didn't think he'd seen the last of her or the twins. For now however, Hogwarts was safe of any immediate danger.

"So! I actually bought something i thought we could do together, might be fun," He said in a bright tone, dragging his bag closer to him and flipping it open to show her the paints within. "I grabbed some of these before returning to Hogwarts." He rested his arms on the table and smiled.

"I figured we could do some painting together?" He asked and suggested all at once, his finger almost nervously tugging at the sleeve of shirt. "If you'd like that is," He said happily.

Reactions: Bubs
Poppins

Joan Lambert
SEVENTH YEAR GRYFFINDOR

"Does it look like I know?" Joan grumbled in response to Jasper's barrage of questions, stabbing her untouched egg with a fork. "They said the chamber of secrets is closed. What makes you think it's still open?"

She paused, her brows furrowing more than usual.

"Anyway, who's the first person we're gonna tell? Because I'm pretty fucking sure it won't end well if we announce it to the entire school."

Belatedly, she realized she was starting to raise her voice in frustration.

"Where the hell is Ivar? He's the smart one," she whispered this time, looking furtively around as if she might find Ivar miraculously standing right next to them.

@Bubbly Potions
@Ghostly Boo

Theme Song: Somedays - Tess Parks

Deborah Johnson
SEVENTH YEAR RAVENCLAW
"You won't ever get this chance again. Think it over and let me know your decision by next week."

The footsteps had already receded, yet the words still echoed in Debbie's mind. It sounded too good to be true, but as her father always said: leap into the first window of opportunity. You never know when the next one will open itself for you.

But it didn't feel right to simply take it. Wasn't it cheating, in a way? Then again, she had tried the true and honest path--the only path she had ever known--and what results did that reap for her? Nothing. This was her last year, and she was getting impatient.

A small bribe wouldn't hurt anyone, right?

Debbie entered the Great Hall. So much had changed over the past few weeks. It was strange to see so many empty seats. Strange to see that Dumbledore's friendly figure could no longer be found.

Were things finally going to settle down? Somehow, she doubted it. This was just the beginning.

Art: Batcii

Last edited:

ALISTAIR BLACKBOURNE

It was strange to be back at Hogwarts again. Although it had only been a week or so, it seemed as if so much had changed within that time. There were fewer students now, and half of the professors had been replaced. Nobody could say why. Only that it had been decreed by the new Headmaster, who was yet to be publicly seen.

But that mystery would need to be solved another day, for Alistair had other pressing matters. One of them had to do with Effie Campbell. The girl who used to treat him like a dear brother but would now see through him as if he were nothing but a mere ghost. Multiple times he had tried to talk to her, but time and again something would come up and he would forget.

Today, he vowed he wouldn't forget. It was on his mind from the time he woke up to the time he waltzed into the Great Hall.

Now, if only he could find her.

Interactions:
Effie Campbell @Vio

Colour Tag: #339966