Hisakawa Koukou - My High School Life is Despairin

(Eternally Open!) Hisakawa Koukou Character Popularity Poll - Who do you think is the best Boy/Girl?

• Aoi Shimizu (Male)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Jae-Won Gyo (Male)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Johann Harisson (Male)

• Leo Kane (Male)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Markus Yoritaka (Male)

• Shinji Kobe (Male)

• Toshi Hamasaki (Male)

• Haruka Fujiyama (Female)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Hibiki Kogishi (Female)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hilda Narina (Female)

• Katsumi Yukimura (Female)

• Yuri Nozomi (Female)

• Robert West (Male)

• Nao Morita (DLC - Male)

• Mizuki Ishida (DLC - Female)

• Chiyo Imada (DLC - Female)

• Ren Fujibayashi (DLC - Female)

• Kyoko Asakura (DLC - Female)

• Hajime Sakurazaki (DLC - Male)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=Robert West, blue, solid]

Robert%20Ico_zpshjbcoxkw.jpg

#1f668f

[July 5th, Late Afternoon | Hisakawa Academy Grounds | OST]

A breeze blew by, causing the errant locks of Robert's blonde hair to splay across his face. He hadn't realised until that point just how long he'd been naval-gazing. It was strange, the tree on which he had been leaned against had almost become like a reliable companion by this point. He chuckled at the thought. Maybe he was becoming too predictable. If he kept it up, Yuri would have no trouble in finding him to lecture him on his attendance.

"I should really go eat," he mumbled to himself, placing a hand on his stomach as it grumbled and groaned. The ramenya was definitely out of question. Maybe he would just grab a curry or a sandwich from the local Family Mart. A thought lodged in his head... he was certain there was something he needed to buy. A flash of realisation shot across his face. His birthday! It was only 6 days away and he hadn't made a single plan in preparation. He sighed loudly, it seemed it would be the same as it had been the year prior and the year before that - a night in, alone, watching TV and eating cup ramen. The joys! Climbing to his feet, he slung his satchel over his shoulder, grasping the strap tightly with his right hand as he walked down the stone path towards the main entrance.

As he arrived, he noticed Ren and Leo talking by the main entrance. He hadn't seen the lad since the class drama, a fact that caused a curiosity to swell in his gut. After all, it'd be rude not to ask how he was doing, regardless of their rivalry. Better yet, it would give him a chance to see if Ren would like to go and get food with him. Maybe eating out and stopping by the arcade would pull him out of his reflective, downtrodden mood.

"I see you're still alive, Leo!" he called out, waving as he approached. "As sad as that fact makes me," he jested, before noticing Leo's face. Robert's whole demeanour changed as his complexion softened into something that might be mistaken for concern. "Jesus, man, what happened to your eye?"

@Rithas @Miya

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Nozomi Yuri, plum, solid]
Yuri%20Ico1_zpsfui4oskj.jpg

[July 5th, Evening / Hisakawa Academy, The Library, Front Entrance]

"No,"

Yuri shuddered at his forward answer.

"I hate to sound like a jerk, but I'd let him get expelled. He's not as bad as delinquent, sure, but... he hurts people all the same, and if he's bored with us, then he can go somewhere else."
"You think I should get Social Morals remedial class for saying that?"

Yuri shook her head.

"No. I don't think so too much. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. It's not really my place to punish you or anything, just for answering me honestly."

I do it again. I mindlessly agree.

Even after announcing to myself what I'm doing. My instinct to remain pleasant is still on automatic.

"But... I...."

"...."

Why is it so hard to say it?

My words get stuck in my throat.

I only break out of my self induced stall when I realize my teeth are clenching.

But even with this realization, I still can't say it.

I'm so helpless.

Even though I know what's going to happen.

I don't want Shinji to see me like this.

But...

I have to.

I have to, because...

I believe in him more than anyone else.

"That's... wrong."

"Giving up on someone... accepting that they're hopeless. That's wrong!"

For, a moment, my heart breaks. I said this exact same thing just hours ago. That person's angry words were still echoing in my ears.

"Wha-...what I meant was: me confronting Kane today was something that was long past due. The truth is that those students had filed their complaints all the way back during the School Festival. Since the person they were filing against, Leo Kane, was in a class that was under my jurisdiction, it was my responsibility to carry it out. That duty also involved educating myself in what exactly it was that Kane did to make those students so antagonistic towards him."

Yuri looked up at Shinji. Appearing to return back to composure.

"Shinji. You're familiar with the concept of the 'Common Good', right? In layman's terms, it's making sure that various actions taken benefit a greater whole of a group as opposed to the individual. Meaning, it's fine to make a couple of people unhappy if a larger percentage of people will be happy from it. Or, another way of putting it - is to not sacrifice the prosperity and happiness of the majority for the benefit of the minority.

"When I looked into the claims from those people... I saw that theme playing in each one when I looked at the people involved beyond just the ones whom were coming fourth with the complaints. Due to confidentiality, I'm not allowed to be specific, but if you looked into it like I had, I'm sure you'd have seen that in each of the stories behind the complaints."

"I think that Kane-san was trying to do some good in his own way."

Yuri seemed to struggle once more.

"W-when I look at that. I realized that Kane was even better off than I was before I met you. Back then, everything I did was completely self-serving in every way. Even the moments when I looked considerate. Even the moment I decided to get along with you. The intentions behind those were... entirely self serving."

Shinji could get a feeling of dread, seeing Yuri's head tilt down a little. As her gaze slipped to the ground, her eyes became hidden under her bangs. The only thing to face Shinji was Yuri's self-loathing smile.

"Back then. It was really annoying. Nii-san goading me to have better social morals. Shinji-kun following me everyone I went, and criticizing everything I did. I wanted to run away from it all. What did I do to possibly want all of this going on with me? I just wanted to go back with my friends. Why do I have to have this crappy four-eyes prude following me around all over the place? It was disgusting."

Yuri raised her head a little. But, Shinji didn't have to see her face. He could already notice it just from hearing her voice slowly fall from it's usual prim and proper grace.

The old Yuri.

Most people remembered Yuri's middle school self for her Chuunibyou antics.

But Shinji could remember another side of her as well.

The girl with a nasty attitude who didn't want to have anything to do with him at all.

Though her eyes were still physically out of view, Shinji could already mentally remember those indignant eyes looking down on him.

"When I thought of it like that. I realized that while I may not agree with the way Kanje-san handled things, it didn't mean he did those things completely out of malice, and that doesn't mean he's fated to stay like that forever. I really believe that people have the capacity to change themselves if they truly wish to."

In that instant, just as Shinji recaptured his bearings. Yuri had gone back to 'Normal' again. At least, the sort of Normal he had come to be used by now.

"Considering your track record thus far, I think you are underestimating yourself." Yuri said encouragingly. "I know that you're still trying to watch out for my sake, but... there isn't anyone in the class that deserves to have something like an expulsion happen to them. As model students, we have to guide our peers to be the best people they can become. For Kane, it's coming to understand the truth behind what he's done, and... seeing the other answer beyond working towards the 'greater good.' Even if a bunch of people may be happy seeing Kane leave, there will be those who will be sad. That's why I was so happy when Chiyo-chan went forward with Harrison's idea. It's not the easiest path, but I think that the choice that can make everyone happy is better than settling for an outcome that you can call a 'good job' just by cold numbers."

"That's why... I think you're wrong. You were able to save me someone hopeless like me. It's not just about one person wanting to change themselves. For us, it has to also be about the people who encourage an guide them until they can reach that point. So certainly, as difficult Kane-san seems, together with Chiyo-chan I know we can help him too."

One would have had to take a mental rest with the amount that had just happened.

The way Yuri was for that split second was troubling. But a gut feeling was telling Shinji that it wasn't a topic to bring up in this conversation. What had happened in the past was just a part of her literal allegory. This conversation was revealing itself to be much bigger than just being about what had happened to them before. It went beyond what Kane did, or Kane himself. This was appearing to become about the intentions Yuri had for the entire class she was responsible for.

But if that was the case, what was her intentions exactly? And why was she telling him this now?

Those questions naturally came up in the bespectacled boy's mind as he assembled his words.

@RainDash
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Fujibayashi Ren, #00ddff, solid]
Ren%20Ico%20Real_zps1ybhnwic.jpeg

[July 5th - Evening / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Main School Exit]

As she made her way to the exit, Ren thought about her plans for tonight. Her gaze mainly focused on the ground, while occasionally looked in front of her to prevent herself setting a collision course with a wall or other objects. The short girl thought about spending time outside, as she wants to avoid Chiyo for the time being, just to avoid making her unhappy after she has successfully convinced Yuri not to expel or transfer out Leo from 2-A.

("I heard that the newly opened ramen shop is nice. Perhaps I should try it...")

From there, Ren let her thoughts run. Unknowingly that she was about to bump into Leo, who was in front of her. After noticing him, Ren quickly stopped. Leo was startled by her. He nearly fell when he took a step backwards.

"Ah-!"

The white haired girl was surprised by Leo's antics as she looked at his startled expression. For Ren, it is her first time seeing Leo getting caught off guard like this. She lets out a short chuckle, before letting out an informal apology. It was moments like this that Ren actually thought Leo is not that quite bad of a person as others purported to be. He has a sharp tongue and he will not hesitate to use it when the right situation arises. This aspect of Leo's personality actually reminded of herself, especially when she is in the Social Morals Club showing... or in Ren's words, shoving the correct ways of moral values to problematic students. Of course, Ren was not spared by Leo either, especially regarding about her height.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

Then, the Scottish student took a breath, before tilting his head to one side. "Hey Ren-" He greeted, before pausing for a moment. Ren replied to his greeting with a relaxed tone. "Good evening." Leo then paused for a while, presumably composing a topic for their conversation. While maintaining the same head-tilt-to-one-side posture, Leo continued on.

"Do you know where Chiyo is? I kind of need to talk to her, if she still is in the school that is. I would of talked to her when class ended but-" He shrugged his shoulders, before finishing his sentence. "....I had to do something."

Leo then turned to the other side, revealing a bruise around his left eye. The bruise puzzled Ren as she frowned at him for a quick moment. As far as she could remember, there are no scuffles when Yuri confronted Leo. Perhaps it happened after Ms. Yorihase's session? She brushed aside her focus on the bruise around Leo's left eye and composed a suitable response to his question.

"I..."

Before Ren could answer Leo's question, she heard Robert calling out for Leo.

"I see you're still alive, Leo!"

She then turned around and faced him as he waved and approached them. Upon his arrival, the Englishman greeted his rival, before noticing Leo's bruise on his left eye. Like Ren, Robert is also concerned by it. Before she continues to answer Leo's question, Ren turned to Robert, greeting him first.

"Good evening, Robert."

Once that is done, she turned to Leo, answering his question regarding about Chiyo.

"As for Chiyo, well..." Ren gave a brief pause, while showing a hint of concern as her eyes shifted to her right side. "I don't know where she is right now. After what just happened between us weeks ago, we basically distanced ourselves from each other. I usually let Chiyo to leave first before I do, so that she would have enough time to get into her room and what not..." Ren then added a bit more. "As a result, I tend to stay in school much later than Chiyo does. Or I'll just spend some time walking around town until nightfall."

The short girl then reverted to her normal expression, before changing the topic to Leo. Specifically, the bruise on his left eye.

"Anyway, like what Robert asked just now... What happened to your left eye?"
She questioned, out of curiosity. Not to mention that Robert jumped at it in the first place. "I remember you said that you were unable to speak with Chiyo after class because you had to..." She purposely paused for a bit, before continuing. Ren eventually finished her sentence with air quotes. "Do something."

@VengefulPeanut @Rithas @InterruptionCast
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox= Kobe Shinji, blue, solid]
Shinji%20Ico%20Real_zps54r8obig.jpg

Shinji noted her reaction to his comment, and realized he should have lied. It would have been the correct answer, apparently. Shinji kicked himself mentally for trying to be honest instead of playing to what Yuri wanted to hear. She was already stressed enough and didn't need to know that Shinji himself would probably be an obstacle to trying to 'redeem' Kane.

God, he'd have to try and not be so angry towards Kane for Yuri's sake, and the idea pissed him off. Shinji tried not to think about why it did bother him so much. He ran his hand through his hair to try and relax. He barely noticed Yuri trying to tell him something. He took a breath and noticed Yuri clenching her teeth and trying to saw something.

Shinji tried to keep out the worst possible outcome to this whole scene, but he was still nervous to see Yuri so worked up at him.

"That's... wrong."

"Giving up on someone... accepting that they're hopeless. That's wrong!"

"I'm not giving up on him! I'm saying that he brought it on himself!" Shinji hadn't meant to yell, but there it was again. The bubbling froth of emotions that he'd thought he'd pushed down. "I-I mean, ugh I don't know. I don't like him."

It was a ploy to regain composure, and he let Yuri talk to him about how she'd put off the complaints, and he only half listened while he tried to think that Kane didn't deserve to be punished. It wasn't working. Toshi made it easier when he talked about Kane as a friend, but this was too hard. Kane shouldn't know, but when it happened Kane just flaunted that he knew and it pissed Shinji off. The only sign of this inner turmoil was Shinji gripping his bag a little tighter than he should.

"Shinji. You're familiar with the concept of the 'Common Good', right? In layman's terms, it's making sure that various actions taken benefit a greater whole of a group as opposed to the individual. Meaning, it's fine to make a couple of people unhappy if a larger percentage of people willbe happy from it. Or, another way of putting it - is to not sacrifice the prosperity and happiness of the majority for the benefit of the minority.
"When I looked into the claims from those people... I saw that theme playing in each one when I looked at the people involved beyond just the ones whom were coming fourth with the complaints. Due to confidentiality, I'm not allowed to be specific, but if you looked into it like I had, I'm sure you'd have seen that in each of the stories behind the complaints."
"I think that Kane-san was trying to do some good in his own way."

"Sure." Shinji reply was empty, because he didn't want to yell again, or get angry.

Then she said that her old self had just been self-serving. Every action and word. Shinji wondered if he had been the same way, trying to fix the selfish girl in class to try and make himself look better.

Shinji retreated further into himself.

He faintly felt that he should be concerned at Yuri sudden change in disposition, or tone.

Shinji simply let what she said roll of his back, like before. Sometimes they cut, but he'd never let Yuri see. He couldn't allow anyone to see him for anything other than his grades.

"He doesn't want to. He doesn't want anything, or even care." Shinji mumbled, but it wasn't nearly clear enough to make out unless you were straining to hear it, his unfocused and empty gaze looking off in the distance. Then he looked up at Yuri's face.

He silently listened to the rest of Yuri's speech.

"That's why... I think you're wrong. You were able to save me someone hopeless like me. It's not just about one person wanting to change themselves. For us, it has to also be about the people who encourage an guide them until they can reach that point. So certainly, as difficult Kane-san seems, together with Chiyo-chan I know we can help him too."

"Yuri. If he ends up like this again," Shinji said, "give up. You're overworking yourself to make everyone happy. You mentioned the greater good? Wouldn't it have been to expel Kane? If so many wanted it? I understand your rationale, but... you can't please everyone at the expense of yourself."

Hypocrite.

I deserve this, for making Yuri into this. I'm tired.

"I'm sorry."

It's my fault for making you into this.

"You don't deserve any of this."

Blame me, please.

"Yuri... please give up on your plan to help the class. From the way the Festival went... maybe Kane's right. Maybe... that the class doesn't want or need help. For all you know, the moment they had the chance to give up, they just took it."

@Ehb
[/fieldbox]

"Yuri. If he ends up like this again, give up. You're overworking yourself to make everyone happy. You mentioned the greater good? Wouldn't it have been to expel Kane? If so many wanted it? I understand your rationale, but... you can't please everyone at the expense of yourself."

Yuri was awestruck. Though little of that feeling managed to emerge to the surface beyond her eyes widening a little.

"I'm sorry." Shinji said, suddenly apologizing. "You don't deserve any of this."

"Yuri... please give up on your plan to help the class. From the way the Festival went... maybe Kane's right. Maybe... that the class doesn't want or need help. For all you know, the moment they had the chance to give up, they just took it."

"I won't."

"I want everyone in the class to get along with each other.... and I don't have any intent of stopping short of anything but that."

"Even if what Kane says is correct, I'd surely oppose it until the bitter end. How my own feelings get affected in that endeavor is.... irrelevant. Because, that is the duty of a Social Morals Officer."

Yuri's words came out coldly. Not in a way that was agressive - but rather, a tone that was in denial of herself.

Yuri shook her head slowly.

It's right.

It's correct.

If such an ending can be achieved. Then the means to achieve it are irrelevant.

The things that I was doing to myself were not different.

If one person gets hurt to make everyone else happy, then it's completely okay.

What I've been doing may very well have also been for the Common Good.

But I've never thought of it that way.

Being hurt is something that isn't relevant to what I want do do.

The thing I wanted. Most certainly it's....

"Shinji-kun always seems to have this weird knack for worrying about me when I don't want him to."

"And, Yuri-chan seems to have this weird knack for worrying about everyone even though he doesn't want her to."

"So, should Yuri-chan stop worrying about everyone? Or should Shinji-kun stop worrying about Yuri-chan?"

"But, if you consider how Yuri-chan get's worried when Shinji-kun worries over her, then... the answer is obvious."

Yuri shook her head. If she continued that sentence, there would be no going back.

She wished that she could have an unlimited number of tries to do over this encounter. SO that the right words and feelings could go across.

But, for the time that has been allotted to her, there was only one last chance.

If Yuri couldn't help Shinji here, then... it would be best that she make him as mad at her as possible so that he wouldn't care about what happened to her after today. Maybe then, someone else would be able to save that person from them self. And though she wouldn't be able to do so by then, she would thank them from the bottom of her heart. Despite her uncertainty earlier, she snapped back into composure naturally. She spoke slowly and calmly.

"Shinji. Are you worried about anything? Of what's been going on lately? Or maybe, the thing that has been bothering you... is about Toshi-san."

The wire that Yuri had promised not to tread over. She had just stepped right onto it.

If things were all lost, she could immediately turn to criticize Shinji for his relationship with Toshi. If she did that, no doubt, this encounter would end with Shinji never wanting to see her again. She internally braced for that being the most likely ending to her friendship with Shinji Kobe.

"With Toshi-kun... I'm certain having such a close bond was as much as anyone could possibly hope for. But then, Toshi-kun was gone. I've heard that... he's pretty much cut ties with everyone now, being so busy with his job."

Yuri smiled empathetically.

"Do you miss him?"

@RainDash
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, Royalblue, Solid]

Leo%20Real%20Ico_zpse7dt3sqd.jpg

[July 5th - Evening / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Main School Exit]

"I see you're still alive, Leo!"

"Unfortunately" Kane grinned for a moment as Robert came up.

"I don't know where she is right now. After what just happened between us weeks ago, we basically distanced ourselves from each other. I usually let Chiyo to leave first before I do, so that she would have enough time to get into her room and what not...As a result, I tend to stay in school much later than Chiyo does. Or I'll just spend some time walking around town until nightfall."

Leo took this into consideration, "Well that's inconvenient..." He frowned, "For me that is. She's probably gone by now, it's unlikely I'll magically find her in the school." He sighed. "It's fine."

"Jesus, man, what happened to your eye?" Leo looked back to Robert, a little surprised. "Oh, um..."

"Anyway, like what Robert asked just now... What happened to your left eye? I remember you said that you were unable to speak with Chiyo after class because you had to..."Do something." Leo face lit up with mild panic.

"Oh, it's nothing. It was a doorframe. It seems that my height was sadly not considered in this building. Heh, walked right into it." Leo scratched the back of his neck. "It's really nothing of concern, or what I had to do, really...rather, boring old...um, library stuff" Leo let out a small chuckle. In a type of way that people do when they really want you to just believe what they said and laugh along.

Something is wrong with me today

"Oh! Robert, your birthday is coming up soon isn't it? I suppose you have some plans? Probably oppressing some sods or dare I say it-" Leo shuddered. "Cricket"

"If you are having some type of celebration, I sure do hope you have invited me. Since I haven't gotten any golden lettered envelope handwritten in the finest of handwriting" Leo pouted. "I'm usually the life of the party"

@Miya @VengefulPeanut[/fieldbox]

"I won't."

"I want everyone in the class to get along with each other.... and I don't have any intent of stopping short of anything but that."

"Even if what Kane says is correct, I'd surely oppose it until the bitter end. How my own feelings get affected in that endeavor is.... irrelevant. Because, that is the duty of a Social Morals Officer."

Hadn't he just said that earlier today? A question whose answer was too terrifying to comprehend? That if it was what you thought it was, then what exactly did that entail? It wasn't the exact words, but the same sort of self-defeat that even boundless optimism or alcohol couldn't help you defeat.

It was just the sad reality of it all.

Still, he laughed a little at Yuri not wanting him to worry about her. Or at least that his timing to worry about her was wrong. He sighed and checked his watch. He'd told his mother he was going to be late, so there wouldn't be numerous calls from her to confirm that he was going to be okay.

"Shinji. Are you worried about anything? Of what's been going on lately? Or maybe, the thing that has been bothering you... is about Toshi-san."

Shinji tensed up.

"With Toshi-kun... I'm certain having such a close bond was as much as anyone could possibly hope for. But then, Toshi-kun was gone. I've heard that... he's pretty much cut ties with everyone now, being so busy with his job."

That's right. How could she not know? He spent so much time with her, and she probably knew already.

"Do you miss him?"

Lie, or don't lie.

Lie. If she knows it's over, she'll hate you. Maybe she already does.

"We haven't talked in months. It was pretty sudden. He just stopped messaging me one day. I'm fine, it's happened to me before. It's common for people to one day just find me boring and cut ties. Don't worry about it." Shinji said, and he quickly changed the subject from himself, "have you heard about the rumors flying around lately? You apparently have a crush on me. In my defense, I have been told I'm a good looking guy. It can hardly be helped if a shoujo manga sort of thing were to happen and you fell for me."

If he deflected or brought up something new, maybe something that Yuri had an interest in denying, then Shinji could escape and hide again and the covsersation could wait another day. He wasn't ready, anyway. Even if it wasn't like she was outright asking if Toshi and he were together, just that they were close. It wasn't werid for two guys get be close. Shinji didn't even think that Yuri had a plan, just that she'd noticed he was sad or something and needed comfort.

Of course, it didn't matter now, because it was too late. Shinji balled up all of those feelings and solidified it into a tiny ball of emotions that he'd leave himself to deal with later. He didn't even know why he was sad or hurt by the breakup. It was clear the second that Toshi accepted the job that things were breaking but between them.

Whatever! That doesn't matter. Don't think about it.

"So, are the rumors true? Have you fallen for me, Nozomi Yuri?"

@Ehb
[/fieldbox]

"We haven't talked in months. It was pretty sudden. He just stopped messaging me one day. I'm fine, it's happened to me before. It's common for people to one day just find me boring and cut ties. Don't worry about it."

Shinji's reply wrote off what Yuri question entirely.

"You're right, Shinji. It is common for people to to do that. It happens with everyone, I can very much vouch for that truth."

"have you heard about the rumors flying around lately? You apparently have a crush on me. In my defense, I have been told I'm a good looking guy. It can hardly be helped if a shoujo manga sort of thing were to happen and you fell for me."

A shift in tone.

She had seen it hundreds of times before.

"So, are the rumors true? Have you fallen for me, Nozomi Yuri?"

From an observer's point of view, Yuri had seen him play this move on many people. More often than not, it was enough to shoo them off. That was the purpose of him acting that way.

It was ironic to think he was trying to use it on her, the whole play made a small smile crack on her lips. This was certainly one of the more amusing things to come out from this exchange.

"It'll will take much more than that exhausted tactic to tell me off Shinji. I'm not just another one of the girls trying to solicit a date. In fact, Shinji..."

Yuri took an inquisitive posture.

"There were plenty of girls who would go after you. You've always had all these admirers come up to you, but you would always set aside their propositions time and time again. At one point I thought that maybe you were having one of those downer episodes that came from being out of romance. But, one day all of that was gone. Conveniently while I started getting more involved with the student government. It was also around that time, you also happened to begin starting to hang out with one of my friends from childhood."

Hamasaki Toshi. There was no way Yuri wouldn't notice.

She wasn't going to let Shinji shy away from it. She should force up the question with her own hands if she had to.

"...when that same childhood friend left to become an actor is when I started noticed how you were getting more easily riled up all of a sudden. Up until now, the things that Kane did haven't concerned you beyond the the default reprimands you always give. But suddenly, to you, he's like the bane of the class; who's harsh judgement is justified since he's been causing problems for me and the class. If that was how you really felt, Shinji, it would've been much more convincing if you had done it earlier in the year."

Without a doubt, the relationship between Shinji and Hamasaki was certainly wrong. But not in the way one would immediately think.

But, before moving to that, Yuri was obligated to answer Shinji's question. About the whole set of rumore going on between the two. Whether Yuri Liked Shinji, or whether she Liked him.

With certainty, she responded:

"I'm not a damsel in distress. I'm not your apprentice that needs to be protected anymore. And I refuse to be considered as trying to be Hamasaki Toshi's replacement."

Spoken like plain fact.

There was now only silence. Considering all that had been going on, it was surprising no one had noticed, causing a crowd to form around the debacle going on in front of the library. It was certainly an uncharacteristically slow day around there.

At this point, the sky was now dark enough. The lamps and lights around Hisakawa activated. Illuminating the oncoming dark.

"Just losing one person was enough to shake you so much, Shinji. Isn't there something wrong with that?"

"You're unhappy over losing Toshi because he was the only one who you could really open up to. And now, you've been left in despair, because you've resigned yourself to the notion that you'll never be able to find someone like that again."

"Toshi was a person who would be forward and embrace anyone, so it was natural that you'd find his personality appealing. But, you can't just depend on someone else to to be open for you! All the things that you do to try to keep up appearances isn't beneficial in any way! Toshi isn't the only person who can accept the parts of you that aren't perfect Shinji!"

"I won't let myself be called your lover by taking Hamasaki Toshi's place. Shinji Kobe doesn't deserve to continue such a merciless cycle of being closed to everyone but one person. Shinji... I want you to be able to find joy and happiness with everybody!"

She was flustered, gasping for air. The jumble of words she had just spat out where messy and disorganized. But, that was how she felt. It was as honest an answer as she could give.

"The day we decided to set our differences aside. Is something I certainly treasure. I won't forget the one fleeting thought I remember from that day... I said to myself:"

"Wouldn't it be awesome, if Shinji-kun could find this with everyone?"

The white haired girl discreetly breathed in.

"I don't love Shinji Kobe. But I do love him. It's not the love that involves dating or flowers. But, it's the love that only wishes to become closer the more it's pushed away. The kind that doesn't rationalize itself with any logic. Rather, it's the kind that can smiles when it's hurt for their sake, and when it frowns when they get hurt for theirs."

She was looking at Shinji with an expression that was unsure what form it should take. Unfortunately for Yuri would have to let her words carry it. The thing she wanted get across..

"I want Shinji Kobe to find happiness. That's all."

What could someone possibly say in reply to this? Unfortunately for Shinji, saying he didn't find her attractive in any way wasn't going to be a very useful deterrent. Yuri cared for his sake a little too much to be offset by words she could easily tell as lies.

Helping Shinji Kobe wasn't an assignment of duty for being a social morals officer.

It wasn't an unsaid agreement that came from her own gratitude.

It was a desire that she earnestly went after of her own will.

The day Shinji reached out to her at the train station was still fresh in Nozomi's mind. Now, it was her turn to reach out for him. With it, they could truly find the friendship that they had left on the curb all those years ago.

This was it.

The bespectacled boy's next reply would decide everything.

@RainDash
[/fieldbox]

Shinji's false smile fell when Yuri caught on to his tactic.

He let her talk, explaining how she'd caught on and how obvious it was. He felt stupid, thinking that he was an accomplished liar and an expert at hiding his true self. However, it was hard to tell exactly what he was feeling at that moment, as he let a shadow and his bangs cover his eyes, obscuring them in darkness. The lamps and the setting sun certainly helped him hide his face from the expecting Yuri.

"I want Shinji Kobe to find happiness. That's all."

There was a long pause. Shinji didn't answer, or seem to react to Yuri's speech at first. He stood there, stock still for what felt like the longest time. The silence hung in the air, almost as if that were his answer. It wasn't, but he didn't have anything to say right now, or it would upset his balance and he'd just end up gushing.

He felt angry. He wanted to lash out at Yuri, for letting him keep up this charade, for not telling him sooner. She let him stew in his hurt and practically watched him bottle it all up to the bursting point. He should be angry with her for all of this.

He didn't do any of that.

He felt sad. He wanted to cry enough tears that they'd name the newly-made river after him. Not because he wanted to cry over a lost relationship, or because everything was changing and he missed the old dynamic and friendships. It was simply that it felt right to cry then, as though hugging her and crying would make him feel better and that all the hurt would go away.

He didn't do that, either.

He felt happy. Someone knew, and it didn't matter. Yuri didn't see him and want to distance herself, as he'd feared. If Yuri knew, then maybe he didn't have to lie and pretend anymore. He wanted to thank her and hug her and tell er how much she mattered to him as well.

He refrained from doing that, however.

Instead, with his face in shadow and Yuri waiting for an answer, Shinji removed his glasses and tried to wipe away something in his eye saying, "it's just dust."

It wasn't until a tear fell from his other eye that it was apparent that Shinji was crying. He just stopped for a moment, letting the tears flow and not really knowing what to do about it.

"I'm sorry. They won't..." he said, looking up at Yuri, "they won't stop."

He tucked his glasses away, since he'd just end up crying on them at this rate.

"I... I never wanted you to be Toshi's replacement. It never even crossed my mind. I'm sorry that I spent so much time hiding myself that it worried you. I feel like a big chicken now, because I was so wrapped up in myself that I forgot that you don't need help. But..."

Shinji took a shaky breath.

"I want Shinji Kobe to find happiness, too." A real smile this time. "Thanks, for setting me straight." He blushed and hid his face in his hands, realizing what he'd just said. "That wasn't intentional. Also, not straight, maybe to be more honest? I don't know."

"I'll try to be more open. But... it's going to a take a while. One conversation just doesn't sweep away years of bad habits, but I'll try. You've got enough to worry about."

@Ehb
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Asakura Kyouko, #FF4500, solid]
Kyouko%20Ico_zpspotabq7e.jpg

[July 5th, Evening / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Main School Exit]

Kyouko walked out of the classroom while she keep her attention to her phone. Sometimes giggling and making "Aw~" voices. She was browsing cat shenanigans on her phone while making her way home.

As she reached the school's main entrance. She saw Ren, Leo, and Robert. Kyouko noticed a bruise on the Scottish student's left eye. Geez, wonder what happened to him... Kyouko wondered when she noticed the bruise. Kyouko continues to wonder as she walked, she then clumsily bumped into Robert.

"Oof... Ah, sorry." Kyouko immediately apologized after she bumped Robert. She then looked at Leo, particularly at his bruise. "Oh? What happened to you?" Kyouko said as she pointed to Leo's bruised left eye. "Did you look for another trouble? Don't tell me the problem you've already made is not enough." Kyouko continued, with a rather accusing tone.

@Miya @Rithas @VengefulPeanut

[/fieldbox]

#1f668f

[July 5th, Late Afternoon | Hisakawa Academy Grounds, Main School Exit]

Returning Ren's greeting, Robert gave the girl a warm smile before diverting his attention back to Leo who was behaving a lot more oddly than what he normally did... which is an impressive feat in Leo's case.

"Oh! Robert, your birthday is coming up soon isn't it? I suppose you have some plans? Probably oppressing some sods or dare I say it... cricket," Leo spoke, changing the subject before adopting his common sense of self-grandiose. Robert folded his arms in response, giving Leo a stern look that bore an unmistakable sense of playfulness.

"Well that joke's just not cricket, now, is it?" he chuckled. "Quite frankly, I don't really have any plans, so... there's nothing to be invited to, really." His final point came with a sense of melancholy before he gasped in surprise having being crashed into from behind. Kyouko. "Don't worry about it," Robert replied bluntly, turning his attention back to Ren and Leo.

@Rithas @Miya @LowDefinition

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, Royalblue, Solid]

[July 5th, Late Afternoon | Hisakawa Academy Grounds, Main School Exit]

"Quite frankly, I don't really have any plans, so... there's nothing to be invited to, really." Leo gasped dramatically, "No plans....then...that means-" Leo looked up as Kyouko knocked into Robert.

"Oh? What happened to you? Did you look for another trouble? Don't tell me the problem you've already made is not enough." Leo frowned for a moment, before returning to a delicate smirk. He looked up at the sky.

"Another trouble? I'm sorry, is that a rare animal? If I catch it can I sell it on the black market for a high price? Can I suddenly become mega rich? Why has no one told me about this 'Trouble' before!" He grinned, looking back at Kyouko. "Then again, I didn't realised I created a problem." Leo eyes narrowed. "You know me, just going around looking for more trouble. Just pushing old people over." He shrugged. "It was a shelf by the way, it does seem people love putting them in the exact position to hit you square in the face." He frowned. "At least for me"

"Everyone is accusing me of something. It would be unfashionable to not jump on the bandwagon" Kane seemed lost in thought, before quickly snapping back to Robert. "No plans!? Then....well, there must be some type of plan! A party! A celebration of some sorts! a....I dunno, something fun" He shook his hands for added effect. "And, seeing as I'm the only person you like who isn't an utter party pooper. Or even the only one who actually knows what fun means, I will gratefully accept your invitation for help! And well..." Leo grimaced, letting his head fall into his hands. Unfortunately neglecting the bruise.

"Ugh, this stupid fucking headache! Stupid Bruise! People, what do they know about anyone else! How dare they..." He sputtered out in English.

"What I'm saying is-" Leo sighed. "Is that Robert you need a celebration! 'Tyth must have fun for Leo willith' Something along those lines I was never really good at old speak." He grinned. "I wonder if there is a lumberjack festival? Is that a thing? That should be a thing, if it is we're going to that"

@Maya @VengefulPeanut @LowDefinition[/fieldbox]

When Robert and Ren confronted Leo with the bruise on his left eye, he blamed it on the doorframe, once again stating that the buildings in Hisakawa was built without consideration for tall peoples like him. From there, he proceeded to brush the issue off, with a chuckle. Ren also lets out a light chuckle in response to his words as well. However, the way how Leo explained on his eye injury was off, at least how Ren interpreted it. But she has no intention of exposing it. Seeing how much that the Scottish student had went today, she thought that it is better to leave it be, or even end the day with a happy note.

Then Leo shifted the topic to Robert's upcoming birthday, which is 6 days away if Ren's memories serve her right. She lets out another smile when Leo pouted and mentioned that he is the life of a party. However, Robert replied bluntly that he does not have any plans for his birthday. Seeing this, Ren has an idea on how to spend the night, perhaps with 3 of them together, probably discussing about setting a birthday party for Robert.

Before she could suggest her idea to the other two, someone bumped into Robert from behind, throwing him off course slightly.

"Oof... Ah, sorry."

It was Kyouko, the cute and yet unusually competitive orange haired girl. Ren looked at her with a puzzled look. For Kyouko, it did not took long for her to notice Leo's injury on the left eye. She basically did the same thing as the other two did before: asking about the bruise, but with an accusing tone. Kyouko's response made Ren raised her eyebrows in surprise and setting off one of her drama-prevention alarms. The last thing that she wants is another drama scene. Ren knows that both Leo and Kyouko has a bitter past, and she does not have any intention to let it erupt here. As usual, Leo gave his signature sarcastic replies. Ren even find his replies funny, especially the part where he mentioned that trouble is a type of animal.

After addressing to the orange haired girl, Leo quickly snapped back to Robert, continuing the topic of celebrating Robert's birthday.

"No plans!? Then....well, there must be some type of plan! A party! A celebration of some sorts! a....I dunno, something fun."

He even gestured and shook his hands, before continuing on, agreeing that he will help Robert in preparation for his birthday party. Then suddenly, Leo grimaced and buried his face to his hands. Ren immediately displayed a worried expression. She heard that he mumbled something with his face covered by his hands, but it was imperceptible for Ren. It certainly felt like he was grumbling in English, however. The moment did not took long, and Leo once again spoke normally, once again emphasizing that Robert should organize a birthday party.

Finally presented with a chance for her to speak her thoughts, Ren smiled to Leo and Robert, without giving much attention to Kyouko.

"Yeah. I think Leo-kun's right. I think it's better to do some celebration once in a while!" She continued on, with her Social Morals Club-grade happiness. "A simple gathering, games and food fest would be nice. Leo-kun can try asking Chiyo to help out with the food, while I'll do what I do best: making desserts! And Shinji would probably able to come up with something nice for the games. It... might be less grand than a so-called lumberjack festival, but at least it's fun!"

Ren paused, letting the ideas sink. As the skies getting darker and darker, she figured that the conversation should continue elsewhere, not to mention she is getting hungry too.

"Anyway, we should get ourselves something to eat, while continuing on our discussion for Robert's birthday party?" The short girl said. "Perhaps the newly opened ramen shop? I haven't been there yet."

Ren was aware the rumors about Mizuki making a commotion in the ramen shop. Even so, she figured that it will probably be their next unofficial meeting point after school aside from the Wombo Combo Arcade, or for something more... private. How will the conversation will go on from there?

@VengefulPeanut @Rithas @LowDefinition @RestOfTheCast
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:

"it's just dust."

Tears?

"I'm sorry. They won't..."
"they won't stop."

He apologized to her once it became impossible to hide it

Revealing his face to Yuri as he removed his glasses, it was plain to see. Shinji really was crying.

Yuri wasn't sure how to respond to seeing this. The overwhelmed expression she wore on now was not something she was proud of. But just like Shinji, she just could not help it. She could only stutter in reply.

"Shin...ji?"

"I... I never wanted you to be Toshi's replacement. It never even crossed my mind. I'm sorry that I spent so much time hiding myself that it worried you. I feel like a big chicken now, because I was so wrapped up in myself that I forgot that you don't need help. But..."
"I want Shinji Kobe to find happiness, too."

Shinji gave a clumsy looking smile.

"Thanks, for setting me straight."
"That wasn't intentional. Also, not straight, maybe to be more honest? I don't know."

Yuri was able to reach him. With that confirmed thought, she felt the great heaviness from earlier begin to dissapate from her. She was truly relieved.

"It's alright. I really wouldn't know what to call this either, really..." She agreed to being lost as well.

"I'll try to be more open. But... it's going to a take a while. One conversation just doesn't sweep away years of bad habits, but I'll try. You've got enough to worry about."

She shook her head in gentle disagreement.

"No, I've come to realize I've also been doing things with you wrong this whole time now too, Shinji. I, just know that this time around I'm going to be the one there for you. For real this time. Me having a whole lot of other things to worry about... isn't something you'll need to be worrying about, considering I'll be quitting my job today."

"I know what you're probably thinking. It's alright. Getting a job there is something that will probably always be there for me to get drawn into again... but making my dream of having everyone in the class get along is something I can only do now. I... didn't really like where I worked all that much anyway."

"After I quit, I'll be able to spend more of my time helping out everyone. And, I can spend more time with you too."

Putting her arms behind her, the white haired girl turned to the side, looking out to the illuminated courtyard and school-buildings beyond.

"Considering Shinji is a pretty big chicken, so I'll be there to push him forward when he gets stuck. And... and, well, uh..."

Yuri struggled to mentally process the most correct way of saying it. But, no matter how many times she tried to reword it, it just continued to sound more or less the same. She ultimately shook her head, surrendering herself to giving up. Again, she fell back on just telling him what she wanted to say.

"There's so many things I've wanted us to do together, you know?" She said as she turned her head to look at him.

"I can't wait to experience them all with you."

Yuri smiled.

It was out of nothing more than the happiness she felt from being able to finally say it to him.

To become close to someone again. To move forward.

Yuri didn't have to depend on just Haruka or Aoi to be her only real friends anymore.

Indeed, everything could truly begin from here.

Like or Like

[/fieldbox]

'Annoying Help Text - Tutorial Arc Cleared!'

Congratulations! You Have Successfully managed to clear an Arc Climax!

The successful resolution of an Arc Climax allows for the two characters involved to Update Their Own Relationships with One Another. Unlike the default relationships that are rolled, these new updated relationships do not have to be the same, or even mutual. Instead, it's simply written to reflect how their relationship has changed due to what has happened. Note that this change only affects those two characters only.

Note that the completion of other, regular arcs can also result in changes in relationships between the involved characters. But only based the relationships listed in the Relationships Pool.

Additionally, clearing an Arc Climax is also a step towards getting closer to the Secret of the World. Continue to tackle those Incidents and find the positive outcomes to them!

This concludes the Tutorial Arc of the RP. Remember that the main goal in this RP is to see each character reach and Arc Climax and successfully clear it. Give your characters the opportunities to get hurt / learn / as grow. This will be the things I'll be hoping to see as we continue on!

[fieldbox= Asakura Kyouko, #FF4500, solid]
Kyouko%20Ico_zpspotabq7e.jpg

[July 5th, Evening / Hisakawa Academy Grounds, Main School Exit]

Kyouko frowned as Leo replied her accusation. Though his replies seems to make Kyouko felt slightly guilty for accusing him.

The topic then continued to Robert's birthday party planning.

"A simple gathering, games and food fest would be nice. Leo-kun can try asking Chiyo to help out with the food, while I'll do what I do best: making desserts! And Shinji would probably able to come up with something nice for the games. It... might be less grand than a so-called lumberjack festival, but at least it's fun!"

"Eh? A birthday party!? I'd want to help!" Kyouko was pumped up to hear about birthday party and eager to help organizing it, even if she doesn't actually get along with the person who's having a birthday. And then as the skies getting darker, Kyouko's tummy seems to growl.

"Anyway, we should get ourselves something to eat, while continuing on our discussion for Robert's birthday party?" Ren suggested, "Perhaps the newly opened ramen shop? I haven't been there yet."

"Oh? Was it the place where there was a Supermegaultra-Ramen challenge?" Kyouko asked. "I sure want to try to take that challenge sometimes." Kyouko continued with her usual 'challenging herself' attitude.

@Miya @Rithas @VengefulPeanut @whoeveritisthatwanttojumpin

[/fieldbox]

#1f668f

[July 5th, Evening | Hisakawa Academy Grounds, Main School Exit]

Robert's brow twitched slightly as the group at large went about making plans for him. It was nice, sure, but this was something he wasn't used to. Especially considering the interruption and inclusion of certain people in the class that he didn't like. No, this had all of the telltale signs of something that was going to go horribly wrong. Robert opened his mouth to protest but by the time he had uttered his first syllable Ren made her proposition to go to the new ramen shop... that other girl, too. Seriously, she had made it clear that she didn't "trust" him or want anything to do with him, so why did any of this concern her? Why did she insist on butting her nose into a group that largely didn't associate with her? People like her were definitely troublemakers...

"Un," Robert grunted in underwhelming agreement. Ah well, it couldn't be as bad there as it was the last time now that the 'Lady-killer of Hisakawa' was out of the country. Looking to Kyouko, Robert gave a non-committal groan of feigned curiosity. "Must be a hard challenge," he observed, doing his best not to incite a dispute by being openly aggressive towards the girl that had, like many, turned her back on him.

@Rithas @Miya @LowDefinition

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, royalblue, solid]

[July 5th, Evening | Hisakawa Academy Grounds, Main School Exit]

"Yeah. I think Leo-kun's right. I think it's better to do some celebration once in a while!" Ren agreed, even going into what seemed like a plan.

"Yes! Exactly" Leo added afterwards, his eyes flicking between the group. Going back to Kyouko when she gave in her desire to help, even though she didn't like Robert. It hardly surprised him.

When Ren suggested going to the Ramen shop, Leo nodded. He enjoyed going their last time, even if it was sadly interrupted by the destructive mess that was Mizuki. That reminded Leo of the fact that he hadn't seen Nao in a worrying long time. Well, he had seen glimpses of him, but not much.

Petals in the wind, floating away from him.

"I sure want to try to take that challenge sometimes." Leo raised his eyebrows in feigned interest. "Really, I would have never guessed" He commented, before looking back at Robert. "It'll be great, well...maybe one or two unforeseen events could lead it to complete catastrophe. But-" Leo turned slightly. "That's life"

"But seriously, I'm hungry. Food, in my belly and such. You know the deal" Seeming to stare at the ground, Leo silently nodded to himself. As if affirming something that only he knew. "And we should get there before Robert slinks off to sleep under a tree or something. You think he was in a book. With a title of like 'The Sycamore tree' or something"

"Also-" Leo added, "I've forgotten which way it is"

@Miya @VengefulPeanut @LowDefinition [/fieldbox]

To Ren's surprise, Kyouko actually wanted to help in Robert's tentative birthday party. Ren knew the battered relationship between Kyouko and Robert. Another unfortunate fallout resulted from the cheating incident on Katsumi. Plus there is that so called SuperMegaUltra Ramen Challenge which Kyouko talked about, presumably coming from the new ramen shop that Ren just mentioned. To the short girl with a black cap, food challenges do not interest her, and avoids it whenever she can.

As for Robert, he simply grunted in an agreement, before replying to Kyouko in a monotonous manner. Ren rubbed her head and looked at them wearily, while hoping that both of them not ending up in an argument. Leo also responded that he would also take the ramen challenge, though in a rather, solemn manner. At least how Ren looked at it anyway. Leo continued to work with his usual quirks in conversations, before concluding that he forgot the way to the newly opened ramen shop.

"Oh my, you sure have some very short term memories." Ren teased Leo and chuckled afterwards. "I think I roughly know the way. Shall we go then?"

After that, Ren began moving towards the exit...

@VengefulPeanut @Rithas @LowDefinition @RestOfTheCast
[/fieldbox]

Common Route Part B - The Person You Choose to Be

[fieldbox= Incident 4, white, solid]
The Solitary and the Steadfast
Imada Chiyo & West Robert

Despite all that was said, Imada Chiyo still had some measure of herself to prove to Nozomi Yuri. The task of helping out Kane was not going to be an easy one in the slightest, and as much as Yuri could go about warning her of the pitfalls of the challenges to come, the best way was, as always, to simply let the remarkably normal girl of Class 2-A go through it first hand. However, in this case, instead of being the intermediary between Kane and his prosecutors, instead - it would be Chiyo and one whom she herself is not too accustomed with.

[/fieldbox]

[July 8th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Classroom 2-A]

For this, Robert West was the perfect candidate. Even better, Yuri had the perfect setup to send Imada forward. With Robert's birthday coming up - and the local festival of the Sun also coming in tow, it was perfect.

Taking her aside one day, Yuri happily explained to Chiyo that the school board favored the alternative that Chiyo had volunteered to undertake. But of course, there was....

"...a set of provisions, Chiyo-san."

In other words, a catch to the compromise on Kane's expulsion.

It was again, lunch period. Yuri had pulled Chiyo aside from the others for just a quick talk. Luckily(?), it wasn't about her grades for once.

Setting her left bangs over her ear, Yuri explained herself.

"I'm pretty aware you don't like it when I start talking legal, so I'll go ahead and make it a bit more simple for yo Chiyo-san. You do know about the upcoming Festival on the 11th, right? That day also happens to be West-san's birthday as well.Because I have to prepare for our Class' Social Morals Assignment for that day, I won't be able to prepare anything to celebrate West-san's birthday like I normally would. And, excusing the overused lead-in, is where you come in."

"I need you to organize and event wherein the class can celebrate West-san's birthday after the class finishes with the Social Morals assignment for that day. I already know that we have access to one of the local pools for the day so there shouldn't be any worry about where to hold it, but things such as what to do, or eat, or how to surprise him is still up in the air."

A surprise birthday. Yuri did tend to do small recognitions for her peer's birthday's in the class when the time came around. Usually leading to flustered cheeks for the involved parties - but it was nice getting acknowledged too. This time however, this particular one for Robert West seemed a little different. From what Yuri was getting on about, It was a whole party - several leagues away from what Chiyo had come to accept as Birthday Acknowledgements in 2-A.

"...I know it's probably a lot to pile on you, planning a while surprise birthday. But - please understand... this is about how hard it will be trying to save Kane-san. From what I've gathered from this year, West-san isn't someone you appear particularly fond of, right?"

Yuri smiled impartially at Chiyo's answer in a pleasant looking way, but her reply in words was almost grim.

"The people you'll be dealing with down the road will be even worse off than him. They might be people who even hate you outright - but, in order to keep Kane-san from being expelled, you really will have to help them. Just doing things for Kane-san's sake isn't going to suffice."

Robert West was no doubt a troubled child. He didn't necessarily get along with too many students in the class, being a bit of a loner compared to the others. Considering Social Morals was founded on stamping out such loners, it was apparent that Yuri was giving his birthday a bit more attention.

"West-san still seems to be distant to the others in the class. So I was hoping that this would be the chance for him to get more comfortable with the others, and it would also be a chance for you as well, Imada-san!"

It was a good amount to take in. Being in charge of a whole 'party' was leaps and bounds beyond what Chiyo was expected of as a normal student. Still, this was exactly like Yuri, to go about doing things in this fashion. The things she put forward were often confusing and/or hard to digest, but if anything, they were born of good intention and well meaning.

To help Kane, Chiyo was going to have to walk along the same path Yuri regularly traversed. Of helping people without consideration to anything else. To keep her friend in the same class and school, Chiyo had promised that help would come for those students. Robert West - conveniently out and far away from the classroom at this time, was only the first step.

"So then, did you get all of that, Chiyo-san?" Yuri said, checking off something on a list on a piece of paper she had braced against a book. The Virtual Reality systems in class 2-A have been broken for the third day in a row, warranting the need to go back to more technologically independent instruments.

Yuri's itinerary of things to do on that sheet of paper looked like a 100 problem math quiz based on how many entries there was. It seemed to beckon Chiyo to hurry up, even though this was something she definitely didn't want to get into without inquire about some uncertainties first.

@Raven Haruka @VengefulPeanut
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:

#1f668f

[July 8th, Afternoon | Hisakawa Academy, Music Hall]

Stepping into the hall, Robert allowed his eyes to drift around the empty room. Class had been troublesome, tiring even, on the morning. Maybe it was all in his head but Robert couldn't escape the feeling that Yuri was watching him, like hunter to prey. He sighed at the thought. Another lecture about attendance would be bothersome. Especially so when considering his attendance had been better the past few weeks than it had been in months. Pinching the bridge of his nose, he couldn't help but feel that what she had planned for him was much more sinister than a simple telling off, however. Attempting to dispel the thought, he set his jaw and proceeded on to the storage cupboard. From within, he pulled out a cello, still in its cover.

"It's been a while," he muttered with a smile on his lips. Unzipping the bag, he pulled out the instrument, laying it gently down as he assembled the bow. Before long, he was sat alone in the centre of the stage, the cello resting betwixt his legs and against his chest and shoulder. "Ja," he spoke lowly yet softly, "Iku."

Drawing the bow across the strings, Robert played a long, drawn out note, listening out to figure out the acoustics of the room and if there were any problem with his instrument. Thankfully, all was good. Taking a deep breath, his wrist flicked backwards and forwards as he began to play a musical piece by the composer Bach, the sound of the cello swelling and reverberating within the room.

As he continued to play, the smile that had been on his lips since pulling the instrument out grew ever wider. He was in a complete trance, lost within the piece as the tempo increased. Who needed class anyway?

[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.