Hey There Stranger (Rocky x Zack)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Rocky pouted "But my ass is so comfy." she whined but still rolled out of bed. "I call the bathroom." She said quickly and darted to the bathroom door. There was only so much time her body could hold the alcohol from last night before she exploded. Quickly she closed the door and did her business, then popped back into the bedroom.

Zack shook his head. He slowly climbed out if bed. He debated taking a shower but he decided he was too foggy too skip it. He waited until Rocky left the bathroom before jumping into the shower.

Rocky strolled down stairs to raid the kitchen for breakfast. She opened the fridge and decided on making scrabbled eggs and bacon. A good protein filled meal. The dark haired woman rooted around until she found all the things she needed to cook, frying pan, spatula, butter, eggs, bacon, salt and pepper, etc. She even found some shredded cheese to mix in with the eggs. Going to work it wasn't long before the entire room smelled mouthwatering.

Zack took a quick shower before heading downstairs. He smiled when he smelled the food Rocky was making. "You didn't have to make breakfast. I would have made something." He essnt the worlds best cook but he could cook well enough not to starve.

Rocky shrugged as she scrapped the eggs and bacon onto two plates "You were in the shower and I was hungry now." she grinned and handed him a plate and fished around for a fork in the drawers. Walking to the dining room she sat down and started to dig into the food like she hadn't eaten in days. Which was kind of true. She had been living off of granola bars from vending machines for the past couple of weeks. So this was her first real meal in a while.

Zack watched in surprised. He slid his plate over to her. He hated that she had waited so long to come to him. "Why did you come back now Rocky? You've obviously needed help for awhile. So what changed?"

She paused in mid-bite and thought for a moment and shrugged "Well I mainly came back to find that stupid bitch but after getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter, pun intended, I guess I just sort of gave up. I was tired living the way I was living. It was time to come home." she said and continued to chow down, eventually finishing off her plate. She looked at Zack's plate hungrily then looked up at him, and slowly slid the plate closer to her, taking a bite of egg.

Her explanation hurt. He didn't know what he gd expected but that wasn't it. "I see. What are you going to do now? I mean you can't exactly go out and he a job." She was listed as dead. She had no ID. And the government was probably looking for her.

"I know how to get jobs without an idea, you just got to be willing to work for cheap." She said starting to eat a little slower, not as hungry as she was. "It's not exactly legal and you have to be careful to not get cheated, but it works."

Zack shook his head. "No it doesn't work. You can't go breaking the law Rocky. Most of those kind of jobs are illegal for a reason. Theyre often dangerous. Although you font have to worry about that much."

"Well what else am I going to do? Sit around and do nothing?" She asked picking up the empty plates and taking them to the kitchen to rinse off and set in the sink "Well I do know a guy who could probably get me some records, again not legal."

"Rocky...." Zack sighed and shook his head. He couldn't understand her life or the choices she had made. He had always been a rule follower. Breaking the rules made him uneasy. "I don't know if this will work."

"Sometimes you can't play by the rules Zack. Sometimes you can't even bend them, you have to down right destroy them." Rocky said and walked back into the dining room. She let out an exasperated sigh and looked over at Zack "What do you think I should do?"

Zack sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I dont know Rocky. This s so far out of my realm of experience that I don't know what to tell you. I want to help you. But breaking the rules isn't something I'm comfortable doing. Nothing good happens when I break the rules."

Rocky thought for a moment and then a light bulb went off in her head and she started jumping up and down "Oh, oh I have an idea. I could be an exterminator!" she paused and then reworded herself "That's what we call people who get rid of trouble causing creatures, like witches that have gone wild or vampires that are being a little too much of gluttons! I would rock at that!"

"I see. You plan to leave again." Zack told her sadly. He had just gotten her back and she was leaving again. He understood why she was going. Her idea was a good one. It would solve alot of problems. But he didn't want her to leave.

Rocky noticed the drop in Zack's face and she felt guilty, but there was nothing to do if she'd stayed. She'd just be mooching off of Zack and she couldn't do that to him. Then an idea popped into her head "Yeah I'm gonna leave, but you're coming with me!" She grinned widely gripping his arm, bouncing a little.

"What on Earth would I do if I cam with you? I'm not a hunter. I don't know how to fight. You know that Rocky. I'm a big Marshmallow." Zack asked.

"You know I'm not good with talking to people, you are. You've always been the empathetic one. Hunting isn't all about fighting, it takes deplomacy too." She said still excited and bouncing.

Zack blushed slightly at her compliment. He was tempted. He didn't really have anything holding him here. But he wasn't sure he could do what she thought he could do. Still he didn't want to lose her. "Are you sure I can do it? Is there a test or something?"