Hey There Stranger (Rocky x Zack)

Rocky smiled softly at Zack's words and quickly wrapped him up in a tight hug "Thank you." she gave him a quick kiss on the fore head grinning.

"Your welcome Rocky. There isn't very much I wouldn't do for you. I suppose I need to pack. We need a good travel car. Does this job or whatever you want to call it pay or is that something else we need to figure out?" He asked. He wasn't sure that going around killing things people didn't know existed would pay very well. "Do you think my VW bus would work? It would hold most of our gear and clothing."

"Your bus would be perfect." Rocky grinned "And people we help out like to give us money as a small thank you. It's not a lot, but it's enough for gas and food. Sometimes a motel room if we do a really good job. Hey what'd ya do with my jeans? I think I had about twenty bucks in the back pocket." She asked curiously.

Zack nodded. That was about what he expected. But as long as they had money for food and gas he wasn't too worried. "I throw everything you had on way. I haven't taken the trash out yet. I'll check them." He told her. "I've got some savings we can clean out. Plus I can rent this place. That would give us some reliable funds."

"Great," Rocky said with a smile "we won't have to leave for a while, we can check around here first before we go off. We should check around here before we go. Maybe some of those old ghost stories we were told growing up were true." she grinned widely.

"I am not sure I want to know if some of those stories are true or not." Zack commented warily. But he was relieved that they didn't have to leave yet. He didn't mind leaving but he needed time. Unlike Rocky he never moved fast. He was a thinker. Sometimes too much so.

"Well you know how we thought a boogeyman used to scare us when we were kids?" Rocky asked mischievously "I met him, his name is Charlie. I wen to a karaoke bar with him once," she mused "he's a pretty good singer."

Zack glared at her. "I don't want to know if Mr. Rigley keeps skeletons in his basement. That guy creeps me out. Everytime I see him I swear he is measuring me to see if I fit his requirements."

Rocky put her hands up "Okay I know nothing about Mr. Rigley and his skeleton fetishes," she grinned "I don't look into that kind of things." She laughed "But I have to agree he is pretty creepy." she nodded solemnly.

"Well if you don't investigate skeleton fetishes what do you investigate?" He asked curiously.

Rocky shrugs "That's where the internet comes in handy. And newspapers sometimes, but a lot of the crazy stuff there gets censored. Sometimes we just pick up on stuff, someone acting a little weird, stuff like that."

"Rocky you've been doing this for years and you're telling me that you have no better way of finding these things other than rumors which are about as reliable as...something completely random?"

Rocky looked at him blankly "No, there's actually a huge database that tracts and reports of supernatural incidents-" she stopped for a moment "Actually I have no idea if something like that actually exists. That'd be really helpful."

Zack shook his head. "You are completely and totally hopeless. You are lucky that I studied web design. I'll start a data base for you. I'll need to ask you questions but it should take but a few days depending on the answers you can give me."

"Oh I can go on and on about the things I've seen, I got so many stories." She grinned "Did you know that there are actually were-tigers in Africa and Asia? I got to meet one named Satu, the only other person I've met that can keep up with me during drinking games." she laughed, eyes shining with excitement.

"I will want facts. Things you have actually seen first. I need as many details as possible. I dont want to half as this. Our lives could depend on it. What about other...what did you call them...exterminators?" Zack asked

"They're mostly humans, but there are some beasties in the bunch," Rocky said. "A lot of them rely on guns to get their jobs done. Although a lot of them end up getting caught by the cops and get their asses hauled to prison. So we're not going to be using guns. Guns are a no-no." Rocky explains "To be honesty if you're using a gun I think you'er overcompensating for something."

"I meant are there any worth getting contact information from in case we came across something that is too big for the two of us to handle." He smiled at her statement about guns. "If I'm using a gun it means your down and I'm desperate. I don't know the first thing about weapons."

"Me neither, I never bothered, this one buddy of mine, Jason, he tried teaching me but I just suck at it. Oh yeah Jason is more of a techy-fix-it guy but he's been able too hook me up with some jobs and stuff. He let's me crash on his couch from time to time too. That's about the time a met Satu, who literally scared the piss out of Jason's little brother. Funny shit right there." she grinned

"Alright so he definitely goes on our contact list." Zack looked around until he found a paper and a pen. He quickly and neatly wrote down everything she told him. He saw had a good memory but it wasnt perfect. So he needed the notes for when he built the database. Logic and organization might be all he had to offer but he was very good at them.